PDA

View Full Version : Should Kubiak be the Head Coach next season?

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 07:08 PM
......Based on what we've seen so far this season.

Not "if we can get this guy instead" or "if there's a lockout next year."

Yes or no.

edit: How do I put a poll on this thread?

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 07:08 PM
No.

ATXtexanfan
11-14-2010, 07:09 PM
mods please lock down now

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes.

....wait, the question wasn't "should this go in one of the nineteen other threads about this very topic?"

Oh, then I don't know.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 07:12 PM
mods please lock down now

Yes.

....wait, the question wasn't "should this go in one of the nineteen other threads about this very topic?"

Oh, then I don't know.

Man you guys are touchy. I'll take these as a "yes."

There's no reason to lock this thread. How many other poll threads are there today?

OzzO
11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
good timing, right after a divisional loss. That shouldn't skew the answer of those that haven't already made a decision.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:14 PM
....exactly. If there are other poll threads, then why not...uh...stick it in one of those?

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
good timing, right after a divisional loss. That shouldn't skew the answer of those that haven't already made a decision.

Hey, I'm just trying to get an idea where the board's at right now.

If you don't like it, don't click the thread.

OzzO
11-14-2010, 07:16 PM
ooo, testy.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
....exactly. If there are other poll threads, then why not...uh...stick it in one of those?

Where are they? How do I put a poll in a thread I didn't start?

There's plenty of other threads to go argue in. I didn't start this one for that reason.

Dwade
11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Look at my avatar for my vote...:specnatz:

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 07:19 PM
ooo, testy.

I'm just trying to conduct a scientific poll. Looks like the "yes" people don't want to vote. They just want to argue.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
No !!!!

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:22 PM

What other polls?

Were there other polls made today, where we can see how fans feel at the midway mark? Do you work for McNair's PR department. You're like his gestapo running around, trying to stomp out fires.

Hey OP this a good thread, glad you started it.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:25 PM
What other polls?

Were there other polls made today, where we can see how fans feel at the midway mark? Do you work for McNair's PR department. You're like his gestapo running around and trying to stomp out fires.

Hey OP this a good thread, glad you started it.

Poll or no poll, there are plenty of threads covering the same exact thing. It's not like a "formal tally" makes any different. We know how most people feel about it.

I don't work for McNair's PR department, though I wish I did. Would be a nice gig, given the state of our shitty economy. It's just my mod inclinations taking over, trying to organize stuff. If it's annoying to a moderator or a forum admin for me to do this, then let them tell me.

WolverineFan
11-14-2010, 07:26 PM
No. If he was gonna get this team to the playoffs he woulda done it by now.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Poll or no poll, there are plenty of threads covering the same exact thing. It's not like a "formal tally" makes any different. We know how most people feel about it.

I don't work for McNair's PR department, though I wish I did. Would be a nice gig, given the state of our shitty economy. It's just my mod inclinations taking over, trying to organize stuff. If it's annoying to a moderator or a forum admin for me to do this, then let them tell me.

Umm, no there isn't plenty of threads covering this. This is a poll thread.....how the heck is someone supposed to open a new poll in a old thread that he didn't start?

The poster is clearly trying to get a census of the percentage of fans who are over Kubiak and who still believes in him at the midway mark....I was actually thinking about starting the same thread.

There is nothing wrong with this thread...if it bothers you, just ignore it.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
To answer the question, you give these conditions on our responses but the fact of the matter is that a response cannot be given without taking those conditions into consideration.

Should he be the coach? Probably not. But he SHOULD be the coach if there isn't anyone better, and he SHOULD be the coach if we're headed into a lockout, and he SHOULD be the coach if McNair doesn't want to pay two coaches at the same time.

If you can get someone to keep the same offensive potency and put an emphasis on defense, motivation, and preparedness, then you obviously get that guy.

That's why I didn't vote, because the conditions are stupid.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:31 PM
To answer the question, you give these conditions on our responses but the fact of the matter is that a response cannot be given without taking those conditions into consideration.

Should he be the coach? Probably not. But he SHOULD be the coach if there isn't anyone better, and he SHOULD be the coach if we're headed into a lockout, and he SHOULD be the coach if McNair doesn't want to pay two coaches at the same time.

If you can get someone to keep the same offensive potency and put an emphasis on defense, motivation, and preparedness, then you obviously get that guy.

There are already coaches out there who would be a improvement, so you can go ahead and scratch off the "only if there's someone better" excuse. A sub .500 mediocre coach is not irreplaceable.

IlliniJen
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Hells. No.

kiwitexansfan
11-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Hells. No.

Hey, there is a Team Chin to go with my Team Gruden.

nut
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM

Nobody cares whether you voted. If a guy wants to start a poll he has a right to do so without your permission and/or approval. What gives you the right to determine whether this should be a democracy or not?

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Nobody cares whether you voted. If a guy wants to start a poll he has a right to do so without your permission and/or approval. What gives you the right to determine whether this should be a democracy or not?

Nothing gives me the right. But it is a message board, and I have just as much right to post on any thread or topic I please.

FirstTexansFan
11-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Nothing gives me the right. But it is a message board, and I have just as much right to post on any thread or topic I please.

I agree, you do, and you have it seems :)

TexanExile
11-14-2010, 07:42 PM
He SHOULD be the coach if we're headed into a lockout....

Can you explain this? Are you just looking at it financially from McNair's perspective or is there something else you're thinking about?

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM

For years, that's who I wanted...but for some reason people try to dog the guy, because he was able to win a SB with another man's players, which isn't as easy as some people think (and then they leave out how he played against the team he built in the same SB).

Jon Gruden is a hard ass and a workaholic....he demands discipline and execution.....and his offense is already in place. He would be PERFECT for this team.

Thorn
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't like any of yall. So there.

:lol:

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Can you explain this? Are you just looking at it financially from McNair's perspective or is there something else you're thinking about?

I'm telling you, he's McNair's Gestopo....he's even looking out for McNair's pocket book. :)

FirstTexansFan
11-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't like any of yall. So there.

:lol:

I'm hurt! LOL

Dwade
11-14-2010, 07:46 PM
0 to 32...this is crazy. I guess the Kubes supporters have finally jumped ship.

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
My answer is purely based on the fact that he's had plenty of time & it appears we are still suffering from the same problems; some before him & some new.

Hagar
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM
0 to 32...this is crazy. I guess the Kubes supporters have finally jumped ship.

0 for 34 now. I thought there would be a few Kubes supporters out there.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM

Both. Why hire a guy on January 10th when we don't know the future of the league, the cap situation, etc? It would be dumb to commit to a whole new regime. And it's not like the players can just work out with the new coach and learn things while games aren't being played, they'll be on strike. No benefit whatsoever.

I'm telling you, he's McNair's Gestopo....he's even looking out for McNair's pocket book. :)

Yeah, God forbid I care about the financial well-being of my favorite team. Why would I want my team to waste money for no reason? I'm not like the government.

....if we knew the answer to all the unknowns, then I'd probably rid of Kubiak too. But, wanting a new coach to bring in a different mentality is not the same as slamming Kubiak over EVERY SINGLE thing.

Thorn
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm hurt! LOL

In all honesty, I'm not surprised at all the emotion around here. We all know for all intents and purposes this season is over with as of today and the rest of the games will be empty. It's sad because we've put up with this shit for a long time now. A lot of us go back decades with the old Oilers.

Not suprising folks are jumping in each others shit because of that, and also because on the internets we are all experts. :)

Dutchrudder
11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I voted 'no' for the simple reason that I think we could do better as far as coaching goes. I'd rather get 4-6 wins next year with a new head coach who seems to have potential than another 8-8 season with Kubiak. Seriously, this is getting rediculous.

FirstTexansFan
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
In all honesty, I'm not surprised at all the emotion around here. We all know for all intents and purposes this season is over with as of today and the rest of the games will be empty. It's sad because we've put up with this shit for a long time now. A lot of us go back decades with the old Oilers.

Not suprising folks are jumping in each others shit because of that, and also because on the internets we are all experts. :)

Been a Houston football fan since 1967, you and I have experienced way too many heartaches to number. At the same time, I gotta say, I've become quite skilled at just making myself numb with alcohol :)

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, God forbid I care about the financial well-being of my favorite team. Why would I want my team to waste money for no reason? I'm not like the government.

Umm does coaching salary count against the cap??? :thinking: I don't think so...

We've given McNair PLENTY of money and he hasn't shown us one single playoff year. If he seriously is thinking about keeping a coach, because he might lose some dollars, then this team is in more trouble than I thought.

If McNair doesn't fire Kubiak at the end of the season my confidence in his ability to bring a winner to this city will be extremely shaken.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 07:55 PM

People are going at eachother, because we still have a couple of officer Barbrady's around here who act like this team isn't a terd sandwich and they get upset when other fans won't bury their heads in the sand along with them.

35-0 now...

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Umm does coaching salary count against the cap??? :thinking: I don't think so...

We've given McNair PLENTY of money and he hasn't shown us one single playoff year. If he seriously is thinking about keeping a coach, because he might lose some dollars, then this team is in more trouble than I thought.

If McNair doesn't fire Kubiak at the end of the season my confidence in his ability to bring a winner to this city will be extremely shaken.

No it doesn't count against the cap, but that doesn't mean the team should just throw money after anything that moves. You sit there and you say how it's not our money being used so we shouldnt care if he has to pay two coaches , then you also state in this post that it is us giving McNair the money. Well, which is it?

TexanExile
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Both. Why hire a guy on January 10th when we don't know the future of the league, the cap situation, etc? It would be dumb to commit to a whole new regime. And it's not like the players can just work out with the new coach and learn things while games aren't being played, they'll be on strike. No benefit whatsoever.

OK, thanks. I was just curious. I totally disagree with you, because I think that the future of the Texans' cap situation is directly influenced by the person planning the future of the franchise. To me that's precisely the time to commit to the new regime. I don't see it as any different than hiring Dom Capers in January 2001 to oversee a team that wouldn't take the field until the fall of 2002. (Well, except that hopefully the next coach won't suck.)

Kubes will make a good offensive coordinator in someplace like Minnesota. I'm in favor of letting him get started in January 2011, regardless of the labor situation.

IlliniJen
11-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Noted...thank you.

Norg
11-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Based on what we have seen so far NO

but there is alot of football left

Wolf
11-14-2010, 07:59 PM

wouldn't surprise me if bob did get a new regime even if there was a lockout.. hell they hired Capers in Jan 2001 and let him get his staff in place for a year in advanced

so anything is possible.

any benefit I could see if the Texans went after a big name.. the benefit of getting the coach before the another team does

as far as this thread poll.. I could see Kubiak staying IF they get a big name proven DC (kinda what sean Payton did for the Saints)

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM

The conditions are simple.

They're based on his body of work. Sorry that isn't complicated enough for you.

DexmanC
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM

Only performance on the field will show if a coach is better or know.
What we DO know, is Kubiak has not improved AS A COACH enough to
merit keeping him another season.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
No it doesn't count against the cap, but that doesn't mean the team should just throw money after anything that moves. You sit there and you say how it's not our money being used so we shouldnt care if he has to pay two coaches , then you also state in this post that it is us giving McNair the money. Well, which is it?

??? Can somebody tell me what the hell this guy is talking about?

I said McNair has made plenty of money off of us......and he has, he has one of the most valuable franchises on the entire freaking planet. It's our money and then when we bought into his "Mecca of Mediocrity" it became his money....so what's your point???

Also you're talking about the same team that wasted MILLIONS on Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Eric Moulds, Ron Dayne, and Ahman freaking Green. Spending some green to upgrade the coaching
IS NOT WASTING MONEY.. It's money well spent, hell it's a freaking bargain. :rolleyes: Even if he has to pay two coaches.....
he'll make all the money back when we go to the playoffs.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
wouldn't surprise me if bob did get a new regime even if there was a lockout.. hell they hired Capers in Jan 2001 and let him get his staff in place for a year in advanced

so anything is possible.

any benefit I could see if the Texans went after a big name.. the benefit of getting the coach before the another team does

as far as this thread poll.. I could see Kubiak staying IF they get a big name proven DC (kinda what sean Payton did for the Saints)

Yep. I don't think a big name DC is going to come though.

I'd rather have Cowher than Gruden if I had to choose between the two. I'm a bit more confident in Cowher getting the most out of whats in place than Gruden. Then again, Gruden did well after taking over what Dungy built.

Holmgren is also an intriguing person, and so is Whisenhunt if Arizona fires him.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
??? Can somebody tell me what the hell this guy is talking about?

I said McNair has made plenty of money off of us......and he has, he has one of the most valuable franchises on the entire freaking planet. It's our money and then when we bought into his "Mecca of Mediocrity" it became his money....so what's your point???

Also you're talking about the same team that wasted MILLIONS on Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Eric Moulds, Ron Dayne, and Ahman freaking Green. Spending some green to upgrade the coaching
IS NOT WASTING MONEY.. It's money well spent, hell it's a freaking bargain. :rolleyes:

Yep, a ton of those guys were wastes.

OzzO
11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Both. Why hire a guy on January 10th when we don't know the future of the league, the cap situation, etc? It would be dumb to commit to a whole new regime. And it's not like the players can just work out with the new coach and learn things while games aren't being played, they'll be on strike. No benefit whatsoever...

Just thinkin - and not directed at you, but it popped in the noggin when you posted. As this has been mentioned a few times - why not hire a new coach before a potential lockout? Some possible positives:

- gets a jump on other teams that may be thinking to not hire before a lockout

- give time to get the front office in shape and organized (do the coaches "work" if there's a lockout?). Time for McNair and the new staff to get on the same page with expectations.

- if a lockout, most likely wouldn't be an entire season - unless the nfl is interested in losing quite a bit of $$. Most likely a shortened season - which it could be just an extended preseason for us getting the schemes in place and players to adjust. Better than the same 'ol in a shortened season, we've already witnessed this.

edit - wolf said something similar above at post #43.... so there ya go.

Norg
11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I want tony Dungy he could help us with the COlts

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 08:07 PM
So far, Kubes is an Ofer in this thread.

Judging by the number of people arguing on his behalf, there's about 3 in opposition. I'm sure there's a few more. They just don't want to go on record.

TheMatrix31
Just thinkin - and not directed at you, but it popped in the noggin when you posted. As this has been mentioned a few times - why not hire a new coach before a potential lockout? Some possible positives:

- gets a jump on other teams that may be thinking to not hire before a lockout

- give time to get the front office in shape and organized (do the coaches "work" if there's a lockout?). Time for McNair and the new staff to get on the same page with expectations.

- if a lockout, most likely wouldn't be an entire season - unless the nfl is interested in losing quite a bit of $$. Most likely a shortened season - which it could be just an extended preseason for us getting the schemes in place and players to adjust. Better than the same 'ol in a shortened season, we've already witnessed this.

I'm pretty sure the coaches won't get to work with the players if there is, but maybe they'd be able to organize on their own.

I'm sure if Kubiak is going to get fired, then we'll get a coach somehow someway before January is done.

Carr Bombed
ubecool454 :foottap:

There always has to be a terd in the punch bowl. :)

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Personally I think you're annoying with the way that you charge in any thread where this administration is being criticized and you throw some fit and start chastising folks who actually care about success in a football organization. You can sit here and keep your man crush on Kubiak for as long as you want, but don't think that you're going to continually take shots at others in here who want a competent HC and GM to run this organization without a real debate. So far, you've brought nothing to the table to convince anyone that Stupiak should be given any benefit of the doubt at this point. Sorry, but you're a year to late for that. Had you been here last season you would have had a ton of the members from Gary's sunshine club willing to spew venom at the people that haven't believed in his leadership. Time is up and it's expired on the Stupiak train now, and you're fighting a battle that has already been lost at this point.

It's real simple to just ignore a thread and stay out of it instead of clicking in it and charging in head first to take shots at everyone. It's your personal choice to get confrontational though, so don't complain when the responses aren't what you hoped for. And what the hell makes you think that you've got all this authority in here any way? You've been a member on this site for like what 3 months and you seem to feel like you've got some sort of jurisdiction around here. Get a grip.

b0ng
11-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Based on what we have seen so far NO

but there is alot of football left

This. There's no point in making your mind up entirely before the product is finished.

Wolf
11-14-2010, 08:19 PM
This. There's no point in making your mind up entirely before the product is finished.

normally I would agree if this defense was even middle of the pack in the NFL because the offense can take care of itself .. but needing the offense score about 30 points a game just stinks

also what i am now worried about is some of the teams that we will be playing. they like to play smash mouth defense and the Texans seem to curl up when they get slapped a bit.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I want tony Dungy he could help us with the COlts

I DO NOT want Dungy....we already have a player's coach/daddy figure and Dungy wasn't that much better than Kubiak without Manning. Even with Manning his teams underperformed for many years in the postseason.

Manning is the coach that made the Colts great and still makes the Colts great.

Pass on Dungy, he's done with coaching anyways.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 08:21 PM
......Based on what we've seen so far this season.

Not "if we can get this guy instead" or "if there's a lockout next year."

Yes or no.

edit: How do I put a poll on this thread?

The best thing the Texans can do for Kubiak is fire him and have to pay out his contract. I don't think its Kubiak.....I think the problem is higher up than that. The real problem to me is the owner. I think this guy is more involved than Jerry Jones. I wish he was more like Jerry Jones and Bud Adams to be honest because he is stuck on this "only high character guys on my team thing". I am willing to bet that Kubiak has gone to him and ask about obtaining certain players with questionable character flaws only to be told no. This organization had guaranteed sellouts with the way the PSL deal was set up. I don't like his inability to give a young guy who may have made mistakes a second chance....Dez Bryant, Lagarette Blount for instance. He must be cheap too because if you want to win why not pay a difference maker like Peppers, Cromartie , Dunta to play for us. Since I am complaining let me get it all out.....I'm sick and tired of the Country music that we have to listen too at the stadium too...can't we mix it up and I'm not talking about dirty rap but some cool hip hop tunes would be cool and I'm sure that the young Cheerleaders would like that too. After two years of dancing to Clay Walker theme song the good one bolt to the rocket power dancers. Bad Karma has caught up with us now .....the way they handled the tailgating situation was not classy at all and we've been losing ever since. No , no, no, in no way am I going to blame Kubiak for the lack of talent on this team anymore...it starts at the top. I was all for this owner and him bringing a team back to houston but I don't think he has a clue on what it takes to be a winner, but Jerry Jones does and so does Bud Adams. Kubiak is not a bad coach but he can only win with the players that he is allowed to pickup or draft. It used to be fun coming to the stadium but its starting to be a hassle and a waste of money. I'm not even upset at the loss to the jags...freak plays happen but when I really look at what we are working with....I just can't put it all on the coach when it appears the owner is most of the problem. Give me a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams anytime.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 08:22 PM
I DO NOT want Dungy....we already have a player's coach/daddy figure and Dungy wasn't that much better than Kubiak without Manning. Even with Manning his teams underperformed for many years in the postseason.

Manning is the coach that made the Colts great and still make the Colts great.

Yeah. I don't want a Colts retread either.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Personally I think you're annoying with the way that you charge in any thread where this administration is being criticized and you throw some fit and start chastising folks who actually care about success in a football organization. You can sit here and keep your man crush on Kubiak for as long as you want, but don't think that you're going to continually take shots at others in here who want a competent HC and GM to run this organization without a real debate. So far, you've brought nothing to the table to convince anyone that Stupiak should be given any benefit of the doubt at this point. Sorry, but you're a year to late for that. Had you been here last season you would have had a ton of the members from Gary's sunshine club willing to spew venom at the people that haven't believed in his leadership. Time is up and it's expired on the Stupiak train now, and you're fighting a battle that has already been lost at this point.

It's real simple to just ignore a thread and stay out of it instead of clicking in it and charging in head first to take shots at everyone. It's your personal choice to get confrontational though, so don't complain when the responses aren't what you hoped for. And what the hell makes you think that you've got all this authority in here any way? You've been a member on this site for like what 3 months and you seem to feel like you've got some sort of jurisdiction around here. Get a grip.

Damn Tex, why don't you just tell him how you really feel :)

hradhak
11-14-2010, 08:37 PM
When we are mathematically eliminiated from the playoffs (not effectively, but mathematically) I'm ok with a coaching change.

I will say that I like Kubiak as a person. I like what he has done with the offense. They are a lot more exciting to watch than the garbage that Capers brought. I think that he, like Capers, is an effective O coordinator, but made many poor decisions by bringing in "his guys" for the defense, GM. Especially as a new coach, you can't bring your friends in. You need guys with experience who can take over their side of the ball.

Good coaches maximize the talent given and get every last win out of a team. I thought this defense had way more potential and has underperformed tremendously. I blame that on Frank Bush, but ultimately that falls on Kubiak who chose to bring him in.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
When we are mathematically eliminiated from the playoffs (not effectively, but mathematically) I'm ok with a coaching change.

I will say that I like Kubiak as a person. I like what he has done with the offense. They are a lot more exciting to watch than the garbage that Capers brought. I think that he, like Capers, is an effective O coordinator, but made many poor decisions by bringing in "his guys" for the defense, GM. Especially as a new coach, you can't bring your friends in. You need guys with experience who can take over their side of the ball.

Good coaches maximize the talent given and get every last win out of a team. I thought this defense had way more potential and has underperformed tremendously. I blame that on Frank Bush, but ultimately that falls on Kubiak who chose to bring him in.

Good post but Capers is a defensive guy. But yes Kubiak's biggest failure is both of his choices for DC.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
LMAO, "The Matrix" negative repped me. :lol:

Oh lord, the ":homer:" is strong with that one.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 08:45 PM
LMFAO, "The Matrix" negative repped me. :lol:

Yeah. I was the villain last week. Funny stuff.:lol:

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah. I was the villain last week. Funny stuff.:lol:

Somebody needs to tell him that you actually need rep to effect rep.

Oh well, he'll wake up soon enough......everybody does (Right T.K. :) ). It just takes some longer than others.

nut
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM

Manning is the coach that made the Colts great and still makes the Colts great.

Elway is the guy that made Shanny Sr & Kubiak geniuses just like Manning did for Dungy. There would probably have been no SB wins without him.

hradhak
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Good post but Capers is a defensive guy. But yes Kubiak's biggest failure is both of his choices for DC.

Oops I misworded that. Meant to say Capers is good as a coordinator and so is Kubiak, but neither is head coach material.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Oops I misworded that. Meant to say Capers is good as a coordinator and so is Kubiak, but neither is head coach material.

I agree with you there.

Nawzer
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I feel like Kubiak is partly responsible for the situation we are in. The other part has to rest on the players. Its up to the players to execute and if you don't do that the coach get's fired. I mentioned this in another thread: I think Kubiak has steered us toward the right direction, but he's not the one who's going to get us to our desired destination. I think we'll end up making a change unless we make the playoffs.

Dutchrudder
11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I feel like Kubiak is partly responsible for the situation we are in. The other part has to rest on the players. Its up to the players to execute and if you don't do that the coach get's fired. I mentioned this in another thread: I think Kubiak has steered us toward the right direction, but he's not the one who's going to get us to our desired destination. I think we'll end up making a change unless we make the playoffs.

I honestly don't believe we will be making a coaching change. It would cost McNair upwards of 10 million to fire Kubiak, Smith and Dennison. If their lack of free agent acquisitions is an indicator on McNair's ability to spend money, then I doubt he will waste any on firing the current staff.

wagonhed
11-14-2010, 09:11 PM

which I have joined, btw :specnatz:

Marcus
11-14-2010, 09:17 PM
There is already an "ALL ENCOMPASSING FIRE KUBIAK" thread on this board already, right?

So what gives, moderators?? What do the words "all encompassing" mean again?

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:18 PM
There is already an "ALL ENCOMPASSING FIRE KUBIAK" thread on this board already, right?

:rolleyes:

This is a poll, what's so hard to understand about the concept and purpose of this thread? It's not that difficult.

BTW, on that subject. 58-3, ouch.

nut
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM

huh?

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Calling out the mods? :kubepalm:

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 09:21 PM

This one's different. You didn't put up a poll when you started that one.

Not to mention, you've done a 180 since then too.

I'll take this as a "yes." Apparently you didn't read the first page when we already addressed this.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 09:22 PM
BTW, you guys that are sticking up for Kubes should vote "Yes."

That is, unless you already think he's a lost cause.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM

Thanks for your concern, Marcus. If you knew how many threads I had to merge this afternoon, maybe you'd cut us a little slack.

Maybe not.

imatexan
11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I voted no from what I have seen so far this season but I believe he should be the coach the remainder of the season and if he somehow brings this team to the playoffs, my answer will change to yes.
I think WAY too much blame is put on Kubiak but you can't go from 3-1 to 4-5 without some bad coaching along the way.

Honestly though I blame everything on the defense, from Smith to the players..they are the ones who should be gone.

leebigeztx
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
If you fire him, might as well fire smith also and i will tell you why. I'm saying this as a titans fan first, texans fan second. I think smith/kubiak did the organization a disservice this past off season. When the team is that close to winning a division, you cant go backward in personel. Of course, after the robinson fiasco of pay me rick, they werent going to resign him. The common notion is replace talent with talent. Who did they replace robinson and reeves with? A rookie and a 2nd year player. They have a dc who likes to blitz because thats only way they can get pressure but he cant because the db's dont know their hot coverages. Top that off, the db's are getting beat so bad,so quick, the steel curtain couldnt get there in time.What could they have done? Mcfadden and cromartie wouldve cost peanuts for what the team is trying to do. Mcfadden went back to the steelers for a 5th or so and cromartie will cost a 3rd or 2nd next year. Add those 2 guys in the mix and now the dc can do what he wants and maybe the defense is at least 13th maybe higher than it was the previous year. Now lets not let the offense off the hook.

I really thought schaub was ready,but the more i see of him, i see carson palmer. I see a stat padder who only plays well when he's just winging. The running game is the best the texans have ever had, yet schaub is playing his worse.At the very least,the offense should produce points early and often to give the defense that cushion,but just like today,it didnt happen. The jags are a piss poor defense,but to have 3 pts at halftime is unacceptable. I really would like for them to stay solid and keep upgrading the talent,but its becoming clear that kubiak leads to inconsistent coaching and playing.I would only fire him if I knew i could get cohwer. Gruden isnt worth it as he ran the bucs in the ground after dungy.

Goatcheese
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
No.

I think he's a good coach but just a terrible failure as a personnel guy. You can't keep putting your buddies out there when they're screwing up over and over.

If he would just put the best people out there and in his coaching tree I would say he should stay, but I just don't think he's ever going to do that. He doesn't trust anyone who isn't a friend of Kubiak.

So unless he mysteriously remembers that he knows a good defensive coordinator then he needs to go.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Honestly though I blame everything on the defense, from Smith to the players..they are the ones who should be gone.

Kubiak hand picked the defensive coordinator... When you're a HC you just can't get a slide on the side of the ball that's not your "expertise". You're responsible for the entire team. Kubiak is no longer a offensive coordinator, if y'all want to bring him back as one FINE, I'd be all for that. The problem though is he's NOT THE OC.......He's the HC and as HC he's responsible for the ENTIRE team, including his crappy ass hand picked defensive coordinator (same as Richard Smith)

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Kubiak hand picked the defensive coordinator... When you're a HC you just can't get a slide on the side of the ball that's not your "expertise". You're responsible for the entire team. Kubiak is no longer a offensive coordinator, if y'all want to bring him back as one FINE, I'd be all for that. The problem though is he's NOT THE OC.......He's the HC and as HC he's responsible for the ENTIRE team, including his crappy ass hand picked defensive coordinator (same as Richard Smith)

Point. Set. Match.

imatexan
11-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Hmm that just might work, Kubiak for offensive coordinator 2011 lol!

Marcus
11-14-2010, 09:54 PM
This one's different. You didn't put up a poll when you started that one.

Not to mention, you've done a 180 since then too.

I'll take this as a "yes." Apparently you didn't read the first page when we already addressed this.

And I'm calling you out as bullshit, Mr. White. This so-called "poll" is nothing but a sly attempt to circumvent the purpose of an "all-encompassing" thread.

The reason why I created the "All encompassing Fire Kubiak" thread LAST YEAR was so that we wouldn't have 100 "fire Kubiak" threads filling up the board.

You, or the author are just using this "poll' is an attempt to get around it.

And Lucky, believe it or not, I appreciate the hard job you have to do, but this poll is just what it is . . . another 'fire Kubiak' thread.

FirstTexansFan
11-14-2010, 09:57 PM
this poll is just what it is . . . another 'fire Kubiak' thread.

And yet, he's still the coach, apparently the number of "fire Kubiak" threads doesn't affect the opinion of the owner :)

Marcus
11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
And yet, he's still the coach, apparently the number of "fire Kubiak" threads doesn't affect the opinion of the owner :)

Well, if they actually did, then we truly would have a bad owner. But it's not the point. If you were here back when everyone and his brother were creating all those "carr sucks" threads, you'd know where this is going.

We don't need a thousand and one threads talking about the same thing.

FirstTexansFan
11-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, if they actually did, then we truly would have a bad owner. But it's not the point. If you were here back when everyone and his brother were creating all those "carr sucks" threads, you'd know where this is going.

We don't need a thousand and one threads talking about the same thing.

I was here Marcus, had 3/4's of the board on ignore, it was nasty. What I learned from that, is these are nothing but fan opinions that have zero value. It's just venting, and so from that point forward, I've just learned to let it go. I don't think anyone wishes more than I, that our opinions actually meant squat to the front office, and we by posting here could change this team from the crap we've been presented with for the last 8yrs.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Maybe there's a critical mass of "Fire Kubiak" threads that would force McNair's hand?

I'm not crazy about this thread. One of the downsides to the software is that if you merge a poll into another thread, the poll is lost. It's not a fair poll, because the pro-Kubes crowd feels a little intimidated to vote after such a disheartening loss. I probably would have nuked the thread had I seen it earlier, but I had to go to the gym, to the grocery store, eat. You know, stuff.

They say you should win and lose as a team. I think we fans should do a better job at "losing as a team". We seem to prefer going after each others throats. That's sad, when we should go after those who bring us such misery. I'm kidding. Sort of.

There's not much left of the season but "Fire Kubiak" and "Hire _____" threads. That's just the way it is. That's going to be a turnoff to some, and that's understandable. I haven't seen much of barrett lately. Texans_Chick pretty much sticks to her blog. That's sad, because their input (and others with similar viewpoints) are missed. The Texans will start over in 2011, and they'll need all of their fans.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 10:25 PM
And I'm calling you out as bullshit, Mr. White. This so-called "poll" is nothing but a sly attempt to circumvent the purpose of an "all-encompassing" thread.

The reason why I created the "All encompassing Fire Kubiak" thread LAST YEAR was so that we wouldn't have 100 "fire Kubiak" threads filling up the board.

You, or the author are just using this "poll' is an attempt to get around it.

And Lucky, believe it or not, I appreciate the hard job you have to do, but this poll is just what it is . . . another 'fire Kubiak' thread.

LMAO.....Another self-appointed hall monitor because he doesn't like the results of the poll.

I posted a "so-called poll" because I wanted to see a representation of where the fans are at on this one. The "no's" vote no, a few "yes's" voted yes and the ones that are too chickenshit to go on record try to bring the mods into it.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Maybe there's a critical mass of "Fire Kubiak" threads that would force McNair's hand?

I'm not crazy about this thread. One of the downsides to the software is that if you merge a poll into another thread, the poll is lost. It's not a fair poll, because the pro-Kubes crowd feels a little intimidated to vote after such a disheartening loss. I probably would have nuked the thread had I seen it earlier, but I had to go to the gym, to the grocery store, eat. You know, stuff.

They say you should win and lose as a team. I think we fans should do a better job at "losing as a team". We seem to prefer going after each others throats. That's sad, when we should go after those who bring us such misery. I'm kidding. Sort of.

There's not much left of the season but "Fire Kubiak" and "Hire _____" threads. That's just the way it is. That's going to be a turnoff to some, and that's understandable. I haven't seen much of barrett lately. Texans_Chick pretty much sticks to her blog. That's sad, because their input (and others with similar viewpoints) are missed. The Texans will start over in 2011, and they'll need all of their fans.

I know I've been guilty of it too, but people are just tired of having their fandom questioned or told to be quiet when we criticize this team.

It's also getting annoying how people think Kubiak is this great coach....he's not. Capers put so much fear into some fans around this city that they act like they'll rather take mediocrity and just hope to finally "turn the corner" rather than take the chance for more, because they're too scared to end up with another Capers situation.

The only thing worse than being absolutely horrible is being a year in and year out mediocre team.....atleast when you're horrible you know without a doubt that you need a change. When you're drowning in mediocrity, you can tie yourself to the same terd for 5 seasons with only one winning non playoff season.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 10:35 PM

I had no idea what the results of the poll would be. I knew there would be more "no's" than "yes's." But not this many more.

I wish the people that really wish he would stay would get in here and vote that way. I know I would.

Respect for the guys who had the stones to come in and vote that way.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I had no idea what the results of the poll would be. I knew there would be more "no's" than "yes's." But not this many more.

I wish the people that really wish he would stay would get in here and vote that way. I know I would.

So do I, I really want to know where the fan base sits on this.

Kaiser Toro
11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
An interesting data point capturing the emotional heartbeat of the fanatics.The results of the poll are pretty amazing in my opinion. Would have never thought the difference would be that large. Could be sticky worthy.

Perhaps do a weekly poll after the game, but label each thread with the opponent included as a workaround to the Fire Kubiak thread corollary.

:kubepalm:

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 10:51 PM
An interesting data point capturing the emotional heartbeat of the fanatics.The results of the poll are pretty amazing in my opinion. Would have never thought the difference would be that large. Could be sticky worthy.

Perhaps do a weekly poll after the game, but label each thread with the opponent included as a workaround to the Fire Kubiak thread corollary.

I know what you mean.....I knew a big majority would want Kubiak gone, but not 76-3. (McNair better wake the hell up if he wants to keep the gravy train rolling)

And if Lucky says about posters being intimidated is true, maybe we can make these weekly polls confidential...

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I know what you mean.....I knew a big majority would want Kubiak gone, but not 76-3. (McNair better wake the hell up if he wants to keep the gravy train rolling)

And if Lucky says about posters being intimidated is true, maybe we can make these weekly polls confidential...

I think making them confidential would be a big help.

Marcus
11-14-2010, 10:56 PM
So do I, I really want to know where the fan base sits on this.

And you're actually telling me that you don't know already?:rolleyes:

Another one that's supposedly half-way intelligent trying to act dumb.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 10:56 PM

I thought about making this one confidential, but it never occurred to me that people wouldn't want to stand behind their conviction on this one.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 11:03 PM

You know what the insults and name calling are uncalled for. I don't recall anyone calling you out or anything today. Apparently, you have appointed yourself the fan police and have decided to bully others just because they disagree with you. Well a pox on your house. We will continue to speak our minds whether you like it or not.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 11:04 PM

Umm....not 76-3 there buddy. I really wanted to see where the fan base stood as a percentile so get over yourself.

Jeez why does it seem like the ones who get most butt hurt around here or the guys who stick up for Kubiak? Who's supposed to be "intimidated here". :rolleyes: We're the ones who got called "soapers", had our fandom questioned, and then have to put up with B.S. like this.

Again... If this thread upsets you or if a topic about a Texans' future that does not include Gary Kubiak upsets you, move along and don't post in it.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM

I see posters carpet-bomb anti-Kubiak takes all week long. Seeing this brought about questions.

1. "How many of these people are there?"

2. "Are there a lot of them or just a few real vocal ones?"

The funny thing is that the people that voted "yes" aren't really all that antagonistic to other posters.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 11:06 PM
UBC I agree with you about the owner.

But this organization needs to be cleaned out and an experienced proven winner be brought in to run this team.

Somebody like Parcells who will stand up to McNair so that the best team possible will be put on the field.

Marcus
11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
You know what the insults and name calling are uncalled for. I don't recall anyone calling you out or anything today. Apparently, you have appointed yourself the fan police and have decided to bully others just because they disagree with you. Well a pox on your house. We will continue to speak our minds whether you like it or not.

I don't have any problem with anyone who disagrees with me, or anyone who speaks their mind.

I'm just saying this is just another "fire Kubiak" thread, which it is, and don't try to blow smoke up my ass and tell me it's not.

Norg
11-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Should he be prob not

will he be prob so ...............

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't have any problem with anyone who disagrees with me, or anyone who speaks their mind.

I'm just saying this is just another "fire Kubiak" thread, which it is, and don't try to blow smoke up my ass and tell me it's not.

Who the hell "blew smoke up your ass"?

Y'all are the ones who drug this thread down into the gutter and TURNED IT INTO ANOTHER "FIRE KUBIAK" THREAD. So don't go blowing smoke up my ass. :rolleyes:

Again, if a thread like this doesn't interest you, simply don't post in it.

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 11:24 PM

So Mr. White posts a thread to see where the fan's feelings are on this like they've had the last two years and all of a sudden you have this huge issue with it?? For what? Why? Because it indicates that the majority of fans are fed up with Kubiak and you can't handle it? Cry me a river already and stop attacking folks over this. It's your personal decision to have faith in Kubiak no matter what his results are. Don't expect others to have those same feelings who want to see a real football team. The fact that you would attack other passionate fans that actually care enough to vent this stuff instead of the HC that's been holding this franchise back says more about you as being a poor fan (If there is one in this case) than it does about the fans who expect more from this regime.

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I want him fired and I started this as a "how many people want Kubiak fired" thread.

You want him to stay and therefore you see this as another "Fire Kubiak" thread.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I love how you guys think I'm some pro-Kubiak guy. Jesus, I wish I knew about this site last year so you guys could have seen how much venom I spewed at the guy.

The reason I haven't voted in this thread is, well, I've said it already. It's a loaded question with conditions excluding legitimate questions that aren't known at the moment.

I said I would probably get rid of him, I don't know why people are so up in arms about me or my opinion in this thread.

My main contention is that people are rational in their criticisms. Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm not entitled to the same discussion, nor does it mean I have to fall in line with every single little thing. I thought this was a message board.

If you're going to insult me or my intelligence by posting emoticons of Homer or saying things when I'm not around to defend myself as if I'm some sort of troll, then that's not a good way to conduct business as a message board community. Also, if the negative/positive reputation thing isn't to be used on posts deemed ridiculous or harsh or whatever, then why is it in place? Serious question, I'd like to know what its used for otherwise.

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 11:45 PM

He's very trigger happy with the neg rep. He popped me with one last week on behalf of Kubiak's honor. Lol!!

I just don't get it.

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I love how you guys think I'm some pro-Kubiak guy. Jesus, I wish I knew about this site last year so you guys could have seen how much venom I spewed at the guy.

The reason I haven't voted in this thread is, well, I've said it already. It's a loaded question with conditions excluding legitimate questions that aren't known at the moment.

I said I would probably get rid of him, I don't know why people are so up in arms about me or my opinion in this thread.

My main contention is that people are rational in their criticisms. Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm not entitled to the same discussion, nor does it mean I have to fall in line with every single little thing. I thought this was a message board.

If you're going to insult me or my intelligence by posting emoticons of Homer or saying things when I'm not around to defend myself as if I'm some sort of troll, then that's not a good way to conduct business as a message board community. Also, if the negative/positive reputation thing isn't to be used on posts deemed ridiculous or harsh or whatever, then why is it in place? Serious question, I'd like to know what its used for otherwise.

It might help if you weren't storming into threads like an angry bull and handing out neg rep to folks like it's Christmas every time Kubiak gets criticized about something. Get what you give.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 11:54 PM
It might help if you weren't storming into threads like an angry bull and handing out neg rep to folks like it's Christmas every time Kubiak gets criticized about something. Get what you give.

Honestly want to know what the system is in place for. A lot of people criticize the team, staff, and management but they do so in more constructive ways. I don't ding them down. I just ding down ones I find blatantly wrong, harsh, insulting, etc.

On the only other community I've been a part of that had a rep/karma system, this was a normal way to do things. I'm asking a serious question. If it's not for that, then what's it for? Just a symbolic thing?

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Hold on a second... How was posting "homer" a insult towards your intelligence? If you took it like that, that's your problem....you know what a real insult on someone's intelligence is?

Also, please spare us on how we need to "conduct our business"...this is one of the best boards around and has gotten by just fine, before you tried to hall monitor the crap out of it.

Also how did people attack you when you "weren't around to defend yourself"?... This is a message board, people post stuff according to their own personal schedule and availability, not your personal schedule or your personal availability.

And this is the post that you negatively repped...

People are going at each other, because we still have a couple of officer Barbrady's around here who act like this team isn't a terd sandwich and they get upset when other fans won't bury their heads in the sand along with them.

35-0 now...

:) LOL, nowhere did I even personally name you? I was just making a honest observation. A observation that y'all are doing your damnedest to prove true.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Honestly want to know what the system is in place for. A lot of people criticize the team, staff, and management but they do so in more constructive ways. I don't ding them down. I just ding down ones I find blatantly wrong, harsh, insulting, etc.

On the only other community I've been a part of that had a rep/karma system, this was a normal way to do things. I'm asking a serious question. If it's not for that, then what's it for? Just a symbolic thing?

What was so wrong about what I posted...

Sorry, but it's the truth.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Hold on a second... How was posting "homer" a insult towards your intelligence? If you took it like that, that's your problem....you know what a real insult on someone's intelligence is?

Also, please spare us on how we need to "conduct our business"...this is one of the best boards around and has gotten by just fine, before you tried to hall monitor the crap out of it.

Also how did people attack you when you "weren't around to defend yourself"?... This is a message board, people post stuff according to their own personal schedule and availability, not your personal schedule or your personal availability.

And this is the post that you negatively repped...

Nowhere did I even personally name you, I was just making a honest observation. A observation that y'all are doing your damnedest to prove true.

I'm not stupid. I know when I'm being referred to. And yes, obviously a Homer emoticon is meant to be an insult as well. Homer Simpson is known for being a moron, why else would you post it? Sure as hell isn't a compliment. "If you took it like that, that's your problem" sounds like crap people used to say on the old political board I used to frequent. Nothing but a bunch of dodgy nonsense.

I'm sure it got along fine before I got here.

Whatever man.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm not stupid. I know when I'm being referred to. And yes, obviously a Homer emoticon is meant to be an insult as well. Homer Simpson is known for being a moron, why else would you post it? Sure as hell isn't a compliment. "If you took it like that, that's your problem" sounds like crap people used to say on the old political board I used to frequent. Nothing but a bunch of dodgy nonsense.

I'm sure it got along fine before I got here.

Whatever man.

Holy ****.

Okay, now you just triggered my biggest pet peeve. Do not "politically correct" my post. I do not buy in or fold in to that crap. It's bullcrap and that's exactly what I call it.

If you can't see what the hell "Homer" is supposed to represent and why he's a emoticon on sports MBs web wide then I don't know what to say... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you know exactly what that emoticon is supposed to represent and you're just trying to be cute here.

When somebody posts :homer: it doesn't mean that you're a beer drinking, bald, plant working, moron. :rolleyes: Jeez, I've seen it all now. For Christ's sake.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Holy ****.

Okay, now you just triggered my biggest pet peeve. Do not "politically correct" my post. I do not buy in or fold in to that crap. It's bullcrap and that's exactly what I call it.

If you can't see what the hell "Homer" is supposed to represent and why he's a emoticon on sports MBs web wide then I don't know what to say... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you know exactly what that emoticon is supposed to represent and you're just trying to be cute here.

When somebody posts :homer: it doesn't mean that you're a beer drinking, bald, plant working, moron. :rolleyes: Jeez, I've seen it all now. For Christ's sake.

Yes, I get that it means "homer", like a homer for the team. It also means moron, because that usually goes hand-in-hand. I am neither a homer nor a moron.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Yes, I get that it means "homer", like a homer for the team. It also means moron, because that usually goes hand-in-hand. I am neither a homer nor a moron.

BULLCRAP!

Like I said before, I'm not going to buy your "political correctness" B.S. Reaching into the back pocket and throwing the B.S. flag on that one. You know EXACTLY what the emoticon means and meant when I posted it and the context in which it was intended for. I've even posted it on myself in the past. Please put that tired worn out systematic "crutch" away, it's invalid here. Null and void.

Anyways, back on topic

87 to 3 is deafening. I don't care what a poster says about us "already knowing and how this thread should be shut down" (Which I don't understand at all), We sure as hell didn't expect this...and if you could get them to tell the truth, neither did they. 87-3 is a straight skunk and pretty much unanimous. I hope McNair sees it...which is the reason why threads like this SHOULD NOT be shut down. This is one of the few mediums where the fans can actually express their opinions and demands. McNair needs to see that 97% of fans want Kubiak gone.

wagonhed
11-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Holy ****.

Actually I don't think I knew what homer meant until I started coming to this board. I don't know if I've ever heard it mentioned in real life. Then again I might just not remember.

Anyway, just saying.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Actually I don't think I knew what homer meant until I started coming to this board. I don't know if I've ever heard it mentioned in real life. Then again I might just not remember.

Anyway, just saying.

You never heard the expression "homer" before???..

I guess it's possible and I believe you if you say it (honestly I do), but Matrix already admitted (that he was a mod on a previous board and) that he already knew what it was, even though in a previous post he said that there was no possible alternate meaning or intent other than calling someone stupid...

First he types...

I'm not stupid. I know when I'm being referred to. And yes, obviously a Homer emoticon is meant to be an insult as well. Homer Simpson is known for being a moron, why else would you post it? Sure as hell isn't a compliment.

And then he posts...

This is how I know that he's trying to bull**** me and trying to use the great almighty national crutch that is "political correctness". Basically...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vIlRft4BU4w/SaHM-_i-RZI/AAAAAAAAFjk/DpInrMHIw7w/s400/photo_06_hires.jpg

Don't try to B.S. a B.S.er... The guy has been trying to derail and shutdown this thread from jump street and has not offered anything productive to this thread at all. I don't know why he just doesn't move on to another topic if he doesn't like the subject matter in this thread. As a self-proclaimed "previous MOD" he should already know that.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Alright man, you want some sort of triumphant victory then have it. How about we just agree to put each other on ignore and move on? I'm willing to do that if you are.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Alright man, you want some sort of triumphant victory then have it. How about we just agree to put each other on ignore and move on? I'm willing to do that if you are.

I have never put another poster on ignore in 8 years and I won't start now. If you want to put me on ignore fine, but I won't put you on ignore. I think your biggest problem here is you take things too personally. You put yourself in the middle when people are just attacking the team and you act like it's a attack against you.

Anyways I look forward to more posts and I don't ignore people. There's been plenty of posters that I wanted to ignore early on that became some of my favorite posters later on (For instance, I'm now curious as HELL to read thunderkyss' posts since he's now a "soaper". If I ignored him I would miss out on that. This board is a family and we as fans need to unite and remember that WE'RE THE ONES GETTING SCREWED as a collective group, regardless of our opinion. I'm also not looking for some "triumphant victory", just don't try to B.S. me. To quote SP, it's obvious that I'm "a little country" and you're a little "rock n roll", we go about things differently, but in the end......we want the same thing...and that is a winning football team.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Wow, people actually voted yes?

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 01:35 AM
I have never put another poster on ignore in 8 years and I won't start now. If you want to put me on ignore fine, but I won't put you on ignore. I think your biggest problem here is you take things too personally. You put yourself in the middle when people are just attacking the team and you act like it's a attack against you.

Anyways I look forward to more posts and I don't ignore people. I'm also not looking for some "triumphant victory", just don't B.S. me.

Alright, I can respect that. It really is nothing personal, trust me. I'm a passionate guy when talking about sports (or anything). ThaShark316, Fiasco West, and RTP can vouch for me, I've known them from another board for a long time. It's just the way I am. Sometimes it comes across well, other times it doesn't.

No harm, no foul.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 01:37 AM

I got you back. Don't know who the hell negative reps people over some petty BS and disagreements. Sad.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 01:43 AM
I got you back. Don't know who the hell negative reps people over some petty BS and disagreements. Sad.

I AM looking for an explanation about the rep system still though, lol. You guys think I'm BSing or something but I really want to know. If its not for things that one finds disagreeable or things that are presented in an abrasive fashion, or whatever....then whats it for?

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 01:44 AM
I AM looking for an explanation about the rep system still though, lol. You guys think I'm BSing or something but I really want to know. If its not for things that one finds disagreeable or things that are presented in an abrasive fashion, or whatever....then whats it for?

You negative rep trolls and people who are just complete asses. No need to negative rep someone who disagrees with you because you can't handle a debate. That's just stupid. Some posters are softer than Kubiak.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 01:51 AM
You negative rep trolls and people who are just complete asses. No need to negative rep someone who disagrees with you because you can't handle a debate. That's just stupid. Some posters are softer than Kubiak.

Ok, but I've been dinging down people who don't seem to understand what I'm saying or sometimes skew what I'm trying to say, or people who, like you said, come off as complete asses.

I guess I'll just stop using the function.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Alright, I can respect that. It really is nothing personal, trust me. I'm a passionate guy when talking about sports (or anything). ThaShark316, Fiasco West, and RTP can vouch for me, I've known them from another board for a long time. It's just the way I am. Sometimes it comes across well, other times it doesn't.

No harm, no foul.

and likewise... I can recognize passion when I see it and sometimes it causes people to lash out at those who have a common goal......"A PLAYOFF CALIBER FOOTBALL TEAM".

We as fans deserve better and that's something I'm sure we can all agree on......with ALL OF OUR TEAMS.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Ok, but I've been dinging down people who don't seem to understand what I'm saying or sometimes skew what I'm trying to say, or people who, like you said, come off as complete asses.

You did that? Yeah, it's best you don't use the function. No offense.

and likewise... I can recognize passion when I see it and sometimes it causes people to lash out at those who have a common goal......"A PLAYOFF CALIBER FOOTBALL TEAM".

We as fans deserve better and that's something I'm sure we can all agree on......with ALL OF OUR TEAMS.

We would be all happy and jolly here if the team was winning. Just the thought of another long offseason, etc., and the possibility of no football next year just sucks. We could have had it this year.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 02:03 AM

Don't stop using the function, it's just that the unwritten rule around here is you use it to punish trolls (or corporate self promoting spammers trying to sell jerseys, which we've gotten alot of around here)....and never a passionate true Texans fan. As you can see, I never neg repped you, or even Marcus when he questioned my intelligence. Regardless of how we feel, we're all suffering as Houston sports fans right now and it sucks BIG TIME, we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. :)

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 02:04 AM
89 to 3....WOW.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 02:39 AM
We would be all happy and jolly here if the team was winning. Just the thought of another long offseason, etc., and the possibility of no football next year just sucks. We could have had it this year.

In all honestly I didn't expect this team to go to the playoffs with this schedule and last season is the year where I felt they "should of had it". (Kubiak's "We're freaking winners Bob!" speech didn't really help :kubepalm: and I think Kubiak mortally wounded his coaching career here last season) Sometimes I think it gets lost on people how incredibly easy last year's schedule was and Kubiak screwed the pooch.....now he's going to pay for it this season and rightfully so.

If he makes the playoffs last season (which he should have) he'd be feeling ALOT less heat this year. However none of this matters anymore, I'm at the point where I just want Kubiak gone. I no longer care who's at fault, I just want a change, because it's obvious they're stuck in the mud and a change is due.

Basically where I was 4 years ago with Carr, is how I now feel about Kubiak... http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510852#post510852..

This is not a Carr hate thread, I supported Carr for 5 years, I hope he moves on somewhere else, but its time to move on in Houston.

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, we held the Jets to a field goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

... Just replace Carr with Kubiak in the above post and replace Sage with "anybody" as well as "can play" with "can coach" and you'll have my exact feeling on this subject.

I no longer care who's fault it is and if you constantly tell us how it's on you, well I'm going to begin to believe you...especially when we see the same exact crap year after year. We're getting to the point where it's time to let Kubiak go, just because......well it's time to try something new. The guy has had PLENTY of opportunites...alot more chances than other coaches were afforded.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 03:06 AM
^good post, seriously.

It comes to a point here sometimes, you get the feel like it just might not get done no matter what. My point of contention earlier was about wrongly attributing the blame certain weeks/plays/performances/mistakes to certain people or players, but if you look at it like above, where it really is just past the point of pointing fingers and being tired of the same old, same old, then maybe it really is just time to bite the bullet and make the change.

Now, this change wouldn't (and shouldn't) come midseason, because we can't go get the right guy in the middle of the season, and we sure as hell don't want to promote Dennison/Bush/other to the head coaching position. Just chalk up the rest of the year as an evaluation period for what you have and what you can work with, and move on accordingly.

Sometimes, a coach is just someone who builds you into something respectable, and it takes someone else to take the next step. Obviously this happened with Gruden taking over Dungy in TB, for example, and a few other situations. For that, I'll respect Kubiak. Mediocre is a helluva lot better than what we had under Capers, but its never going to be the end game.

b0ng
11-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Reasons Lucky listed are good reasons why I think Kubiak should be under some pretty intense scrutiny this year by Bob, extension or not.

Basically for me it comes down to how well the defense performs. I think unless we see a rash of injuries the passing game is going to remain high end. The running game, ehhhh, but the aerial attack should still be in place. But if the defense can't hold decent teams to under 25 points we are always going to be in a shoot-out and that's not a good recipe to win.

Frank Bush is probably going to sink Kubiak in the long run.

I said this May :kubepalm:

Marcus
11-15-2010, 08:31 AM
89 to 3....WOW.

Are you telling me that you actually expected different results in the heat of the moment after that type of loss?

If you did, maybe you really are a ...........

b0ng
11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Are you telling me that you actually expected different results in the heat of the moment after that type of loss?

You could also say that a tremendous feeling of deja-vu probably washed over everybody once the game was over and the Texans were 4-5.

Double Barrel
11-15-2010, 10:18 AM
101 > 3

wow...looks like Texans Nation is ready for a civil war.

Kaiser Toro
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM
101 > 3

wow...looks like Texans Nation is ready for a civil war.

It would be funny if someone threw a shoe or volleyball at Kubiak during the press conference.

Thorn
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
It would be funny if someone threw a shoe or volleyball at Kubiak during the press conference.

I wanna know why Kubiak still has a job.

axman40
11-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I wanna know why Kubiak still has a job.
He has a contract ?Uncle Bob really really really likes him?
idonno:

mussop
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Where is the "HELL NO!" Option?

steelbtexan
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Speaking of neg rep.

Dale now that you've come to see the light, can I get some positive rep from you to make up for the neg rep that I got earlier.

Seeing how last I checked people seem to be 106-4 in agreement with my stance on Kubes. LOL

Glad to have you on board.

HOU-TEX
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Should he be the coach next season? Nope. Will he be the coach next season? Probably

axman40
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Should he be the coach next season? Nope. Will he be the coach next season? Probably
I would be pissed but the lockout pisses me off more.
:wadepalm:

Thorn
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I would be pissed but the lockout pisses me off more.
:wadepalm:

How about a lockout AND Kubiak coming back next year? Would that force you to up your blood pressure medicine? LOL

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 11:37 AM

I didn't expect a "different result" :rolleyes: Just didn't expect that landslide that it ended up being, 105 to 5......come on.

Wow, another insult....what else is new?
So what does that make other posters like....

Who were also surprised with the poll #s.....yet for some reason you keep coming into a thread in which you have no interest in, contribute nothing of value to, just to quote my posts. :rolleyes:

All you're doing is repeatedly showing your ass in this thread. :kubepalm:

Dread-Head
11-15-2010, 11:42 AM
BUSH should be executed...

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 11:43 AM
BUSH should be executed...

Waterboarded first and then executed... :)

TexCanada
11-15-2010, 11:45 AM
This poll is pretty telling. Fans want change. I, too, voted for change, but there are a number of things that I do like about the Kubiak regime. For one, I admire the patience with which they have built this team. They have built the team with young players through the draft, and I am fully on board with that strategy. I know a lot of people get on them for not spending the big bucks on free agents, but free agents tend to be over-priced and under-achieving. I believe that building a team this way is how you get a product that is good for many years.

On the other hand, Kubiak's game time decisions and his lack of defensive knowledge have really cost us games. It doesn't matter how strong you build up a team, if you don't get W's on game day then it really doesn't matter.

Kubiak's biggest downfall is hiring an inexperienced defensive coordinator. With his own defensive deficiencies, he should have put someone in place who could get the job done on his own. Taking a risk on Frank Bush was stupid, because if Bush failed then Kubiak simply wouldn't have the ability to take over the defense on his own. This is why I believe that Kubiak should be fired.

DexmanC
11-15-2010, 11:53 AM
This poll is pretty telling. Fans want change. I, too, voted for change, but there are a number of things that I do like about the Kubiak regime. For one, I admire the patience with which they have built this team. They have built the team with young players through the draft, and I am fully on board with that strategy. I know a lot of people get on them for not spending the big bucks on free agents, but free agents tend to be over-priced and under-achieving. I believe that building a team this way is how you get a product that is good for many years.

On the other hand, Kubiak's game time decisions and his lack of defensive knowledge have really cost us games. It doesn't matter how strong you build up a team, if you don't get W's on game day then it really doesn't matter.

Kubiak's biggest downfall is hiring an inexperienced defensive coordinator. With his own defensive deficiencies, he should have put someone in place who could get the job done on his own. Taking a risk on Frank Bush was stupid, because if Bush failed then Kubiak simply wouldn't have the ability to take over the defense on his own. This is why I believe that Kubiak should be fired.

Kubiak also took a risk on Richard Smith, also a man who'd never coordinated
a defense. Two huge mistakes on the defensive side of the ball cost Kubiak.
I'm not willing to give him a pass on his Frank Bush decision, because it's
the same mistake he made in his very first season as a head coach.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Kubiak also took a risk on Richard Smith, also a man who'd never coordinated
a defense. Two huge mistakes on the defensive side of the ball cost Kubiak.
I'm not willing to give him a pass on his Frank Bush decision, because it's
the same mistake he made in his very first season as a head coach.

Yep, this is why it's time to move on. When is a HC allowed to change coordinators as much as Kubiak has and is allowed to keep his job after 5 meaningless seasons?

Errant Hothy
11-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Yes. For this.

It's time to face the facts that there will be a lock-out next year. Now will there be a season? More than likely. But what good is a new coach going to do if he is not allowed to work with the team untill the lock-out is resolved, which probably want happen till the season is in serious jeopardy of being played by off the street guys. So new coach + no preseson + no OTAs = what? Better then Kubiak? I don't think so.

I agree that Kubiak needs to go, but untill the labor situation is resolved there is no benefit to making the change.

Thorn
11-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes. For this.

It's time to face the facts that there will be a lock-out next year. Now will there be a season? More than likely. But what good is a new coach going to do if he is not allowed to work with the team untill the lock-out is resolved, which probably want happen till the season is in serious jeopardy of being played by off the street guys. So new coach + no preseson + no OTAs = what? Better then Kubiak? I don't think so.

I agree that Kubiak needs to go, but untill the labor situation is resolved there is no benefit to making the change.

This is why Kubiak should be fired today. Then you hire a new coach and let him learn and change the rest of the season in preperation for next year.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Yes. For this.

Let's hope they resolve it in enough time then.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes. For this.

Not true...

If you are making a upgrade at HC, you're making a upgrade to your team regardless of the CBA situation. This is just another lame excuse for not firing the man.

If you're ready to move on at HC, you go ahead and MOVE ON....that way the new guy can get in here as early as possible and go ahead and get to work trying to turn this team around. A new HC is going to have to bring in his staff and players that he's going to need for his system. If you keep Kubiak around just because of some lame excuse, that's just another season you're setting your team back.

Going into next season with a lame duck head coach can hurt your franchise more than a lockout ever could (see Capers in '05)...and that's exactly what Kubiak is going to be at the end of this season.

Errant Hothy
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
This is why Kubiak should be fired today. Then you hire a new coach and let him learn and change the rest of the season in preperation for next year.

How do you install new systems on offense and defense, and gameplan for your opponent when the current CBA limits you to the number of hours you can practice and meet? What coaches do you hire, as I doubt you will be unable to hire any away from another team?

Let's hope they resolve it in enough time then.

They won't. Therre will be alockout for part of the season. I'd be willing to bet that the all pre-season activities will be missed, if not the first month of the regular season.

Not true...

If you are making a upgrade at HC, you're making a upgrade to your team regardless of the CBA situation. This is just another lame excuse for not firing the man.

If you're ready to move on at HC, you go ahead and MOVE ON....that way the new guy can get in here as early as possible and go ahead and get to work trying to turn this team around. A new HC is going to have to bring in his staff and players that he's going to need for his system. If you keep Kubiak around just because of some lame excuse, that's just another season you're setting your team back.

Going into next season with a lame duck head coach can hurt your franchise more than a lockout ever could (see Capers in '05)...and that's exactly what Kubiak is going to be at the end of this season.

What staff changes can you mke during the season? How can you bring in players during a lock-out?

Going into a season with a coach who has no time to establish his style, his philisophy on both sides of the ball, no time to build a realtionship with his time, no time to adjust his players to his vocabulary, etc would be just as damaging, if not more so, then having a lame duck coach who can atleast communicate with his players.

houstonspartan
11-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Not true...

As I was driving into work this morning, this exact same thing jumped into my head. I agree. A new coach would have a "rebuilding" year anyway, so a lock out wouldn't make much of a difference.

TexCanada
11-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Going into a season with a coach who has no time to establish his style, his philisophy on both sides of the ball, no time to build a realtionship with his time, no time to adjust his players to his vocabulary, etc would be just as damaging, if not more so, then having a lame duck coach who can atleast communicate with his players.

How damaging could it really be? If Kubiak isn't going to take us to the playoffs and beyond then there is no point of keeping him here. I'd rather have a new coach fail miserably next year then have Kubiak put in another .500 season.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 02:47 PM
How do you install new systems on offense and defense, and gameplan for your opponent when the current CBA limits you to the number of hours you can practice and meet? What coaches do you hire, as I doubt you will be unable to hire any away from another team?

They won't. Therre will be alockout for part of the season. I'd be willing to bet that the all pre-season activities will be missed, if not the first month of the regular season.

What staff changes can you mke during the season? How can you bring in players during a lock-out?

I'm talking about making moves during the season...I'm talking about this offseason...and unlike you I'm actually optimistic about the CBA talks.

Also how the heck is the lockout even a excuse? If the players are locked out, Kubiak isn't going to have any contact with them either? So what does it matter if a guy who you feel is a BETTER coach doesn't have contact with them also....as long as you have a BETTER coach, that's the only thing that matters.

I'm freaking tired of the excuses this guy gets made for him. "Oh we had injuries", or "well we just barely lost games last season, bad luck", or "well we played a tough schedule", "look at all the kicks we missed"....and now it's "there might be a lockout, we can't make a move".

Which is completely false. If you have come to the decision that a move needs to be made at head coach, you make the move. You don't keep a guy around if you don't believe in his ability to coach your team. If Kubiak is here next year it better be, because McNair genially believes in his ability to get his team to a SB and not because there's a possible lock out.

houstonspartan
11-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm talking about making moves during the season...I'm talking about this offseason...and unlike you I'm actually optimistic about the CBA talks.

Also how the heck is the lockout even a excuse? If the players are locked out, Kubiak isn't going to have any contact with them either? So what does it matter if a guy who you feel is a BETTER coach doesn't have contact with them also....as long as you have a BETTER coach, that's the only thing that matters.

I'm freaking tired of the excuses this guy gets made for him. "Oh we had injuries", or "well we just barely lost games last season, bad luck", or "well we played a tough schedule", "look at all the kicks we missed"....and now it's "there might be a lockout, we can't make a move".Which is completely false. If you have come to the decision that a move needs to be made at head coach, you make the move. You don't keep a guy around if you don't believe in his ability to coach your team. If Kubiak is here next year it better be, because McNair genially believes in his ability to get his team to a SB and not because there's a possible lock out.

Co-sign. Every year, there's another reason why Kubiak can't be fired. For a while, Hurricane Ike was also trotted out, but I think people started to realize that Houston has recovered from that storm and therefore it can't be used by Texans fans.

Also, I agree about the CBA. I don't think there will be a lockout. You are talking about so much money it boggles the mind. The NFL and its ancillary businesses equal billions and billions and billions of dollars. There will be posturing up until the last minute, but, I think something will be worked out.

Errant Hothy
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM

I'm freaking tired of the excuses this guy gets made for him. "Oh we had injuries", or "well we just barely lost games last season, bad luck", or "well we played a tough schedule", "look at all the kicks we missed"....and now it's "there might be a lockout, we can't make a move".

Which is completely false. If you have come to the decision that a move needs to be made at head coach, you make the move. You don't keep a guy around if you don't believe in his ability to coach your team. If Kubiak is here next year it better be, because McNair genially believes in his ability to get his team to a SB and not because there's a possible lock out.

Let's try an exercise. Name for me one in-season coaching change where the new coach came from outside the current coaching staff?

I'll wait.

TexCanada
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Let's try an exercise. Name for me one in-season coaching change where the new coach came from outside the current coaching staff?

I'll wait.

What difference does that make? The point is that this franchise cannot stay with the status quo. Change is needed, so make it happen.

Double Barrel
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM

So, calling someone a moron is your term of endearment?

Errant Hothy
11-15-2010, 03:07 PM
What difference does that make? The point is that this franchise cannot stay with the status quo. Change is needed, so make it happen.

It makes a huge damn difference.

A new coach is going to need; a) a new staff, b) some new players, and c) time to work with current players.

You do NOT have any of those three during the season. All of that happens in the offseason, which will be wiped out by the lock-out.

It's also the reason why all coaching changes that hppen during the season involve somebody being promoted from the fired coaches staff, ie; Jason Garrett in Dallas. If Jerry didn't bring an outside HC in during the season what makes you think McNair will?

awtysst
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
So, calling someone a moron is your term of endearment?

I have a feeling if I tried that particular term of endearment with my new GF, I might need to look for another gf!!!

TexCanada
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM

A new coach is going to need; a) a new staff, b) some new players, and c) time to work with current players.

You do NOT have any of those three during the season. All of that happens in the offseason, which will be wiped out by the lock-out.

It's also the reason why all coaching changes that hppen during the season involve somebody being promoted from the fired coaches staff, ie; Jason Garrett in Dallas. If Jerry didn't bring an outside HC in during the season what makes you think McNair will?

I don't think McNair will. My question to you is, what benefit do you see with having Kubiak coaching again next year? I understand that you don't believe a new coach could get it done either, but wouldn't you rather get a new coach in here during the off-season and have him start the mini-rebuild?

Errant Hothy
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think McNair will. My question to you is, what benefit do you see with having Kubiak coaching again next year? I understand that you don't believe a new coach could get it done either, but wouldn't you rather get a new coach in here during the off-season and have him start the mini-rebuild?

You misunderstand me. I think a new coach could make a difference (a huge one), but he is going to need the entire offseason to do it in; and that is what I don't think will happen.

The only way I think a new coach could make the difference is if there is no lock-out.

If there is a lock-out no new coach will be able to help this team, because he will not have the time/oppurtunity to make the neccesary changes.

There can be no rebuild, mini or not, without an offseason.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 04:03 PM

I'll wait.

???? Why the heck do you keep talking about "in-season coaching changes"....

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Oh crap...my bad, I know where the mix up is.

There's supposed to be a "not" in that above post. Sometimes I start typing so fast I skip through words. Let me fix it...

I'm NOT talking about making moves during the season...I'm talking about this offseason...and unlike you I'm actually optimistic about the CBA talks.....

There I hope that clears up the confusion.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
http://blog.darrylepollack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fireworks_in_monterrey.jpg

:smiliedance:

Congrats Kubiak a day later and you finally hit double digit votes.

TexCanada
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
You misunderstand me. I think a new coach could make a difference (a huge one), but he is going to need the entire offseason to do it in; and that is what I don't think will happen.

The only way I think a new coach could make the difference is if there is no lock-out.

If there is a lock-out no new coach will be able to help this team, because he will not have the time/oppurtunity to make the neccesary changes.

There can be no rebuild, mini or not, without an offseason.

I'm not misunderstanding you. I'm saying that neither Kubiak OR a new coach will make the playoffs next year, so why not get the new coach started implementing his system and figuring out what players he wants to keep around. I realize that he may have limited to no time during this off-season to do so, but even if he starts doing it during the season next year, we will be better off in the long run.

Again, my question to you is: What benefit do you see of having Kubiak coach this team next year? I'm not asking about the cons of a new coach, I'm asking about the pros of keeping Kubiak.

Rey
11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
No, he needs to go. Would not be upset if Bob McNair fired him today. I know that won't happen, but it's nice to dream and wish.

But yeah, Kubiak is pretty much done all he can do for us. If he somehow resurrects this team it will be nothing short of a miracle, and personally I still wouldn't be sold on him as the head coach.

I've gathered too much evidence. I've seen far too often how this team plays. They just suck. End of story.

Playmaker
11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
He's had more than enough time to take us to the playoffs. We're not going to make the playoffs this year, again.

It's not the end of the world for Kubiak if he gets fired, he'll be a good OC somewhere. But we need results now not a coach continually getting OTJ training.

Mr. White
11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Just for the record, the lockout isn't one of the conditions of the poll.

It's pretty easy to complicate this question, so that's why I tried to keep it as simple as possible.

By factoring this into the equation, we're assuming that no owners will make coaching changes this season. I just don't see it going down that way.