PDA

View Full Version : Marcedes Lewis out of bounds

panamamyers
11-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Why didn't they review this since it was inside of two minutes?
The first play of the last drive by Jacksonville, I thought it was rather obvious that Lewis' foot was out of bounds when he caught it.

I would have at least thought they would take a look at it.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Why didn't they review this since it was inside of two minutes?
The first play of the last drive by Jacksonville, I thought it was rather obvious that Lewis' foot was out of bounds when he caught it.

I would have at least thought they would take a look at it.

They didn't. Game over. Jags win.

Rey
11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Really...Who cares....

Texans sucked for most of the day and didn'tmake the plays they needed to.

Game over. We sucked again.

The Cush
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Haha seriously, who cares?

I'm all for being mad about blown calls, but after that hilariously ridiculous hail mary play...does the rest of the game really matter?

Just one more nail in the Gary Kubiak coffin

dream_team
11-14-2010, 06:38 PM
You're probably right, but at the time, no one cared. Everyone, including the refs & jags, were simply getting ready for OT.

The Cush
11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
You're probably right, but at the time, no one cared. Everyone, including the refs & jags, were simply getting ready for OT.

Not everyone, I saw Glover Quin on the sidelines with a volleyball practicing setting the ball into the net that kickers warm up with. It seemed to have paid off.....

panamamyers
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm not claiming that this was the difference between a win and a loss. I understand quite well the other problems that went on today.

Still doesn't mean they should call off replays just because it's close to OT.

Kimmy
11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm not claiming that this was the difference between a win and a loss. I understand quite well the other problems that went on today.

Still doesn't mean they should call off replays just because it's close to OT.

If I am understanding the booth reviews, it has to be asked (lobbied) for. It's not automatic. Both teams were in 'hurry up offense' mode, Kubiak couldn't get the players to yell or ask for the review.

Basically what he said in the post game presser as well.

awtysst
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
If I am understanding the booth reviews, it has to be asked (lobbied) for. It's not automatic. Both teams were in 'hurry up offense' mode, Kubiak couldn't get the players to yell or ask for the review.

Basically what he said in the post game presser as well.

My understanding is the opposite. A booth review is a decision made by the official in the booth. While you can plead with the downstairs ref, its the ref in the booth that makes the decision. One strategy some teams do is call a timeout to give the ref time for a booth review.

Kimmy
11-14-2010, 08:02 PM
My understanding is the opposite. A booth review is a decision made by the official in the booth. While you can plead with the downstairs ref, its the ref in the booth that makes the decision. One strategy some teams do is call a timeout to give the ref time for a booth review.

Right, it's not necessarily "automatic", which makes the whole 2 min boot review pretty useless.