PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About the ATL Falcons

eriadoc
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Starting lineups:

QB: Ryan (drafted in 1st rd. '08)
WR: White (drft 1st rd. '05), Jenkins (drft 1st rd. '04)
RB: Turner (FA '08)
FB: Mughelli (FA '07)
LT: Baker (drft 1st rd. '08)
LG: Blalock (drft 2nd rd. '07)
C: McClure (drft. 7th rd. '99)
RG: Dahl (FA '07)
RT: Clabo (FA '06)
TE: Gonzales (trade '09)

DE: Abraham (trade '06), Biermann (drft 5th rd. '08)
DT: Peters (drft 3rd rd. '10), Babineaux (drft 2nd rd. '05)
OLB: Weatherspoon (drft 1st rd. '10), Peterson (FA '08)
MLB: Lofton (drft 2nd rd. '08)
CB: Robinson (FA '10), Grimes (FA '07)
SS: Moore (drft 2nd rd. '09)
FS: DeCoud (drft 3rd rd. '08)

Compare and contrast to our team.

beerlover
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I've considered them the Texans best comp going back to 06. I think the combination of Mike Smith & Thomas Dimitroff have fared better than Rick Smith & Gary Kubiak.

houstonspartan
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I mean, what is there to talk about, really?

The only relevant fact is that they hired their coach in 2008, yes, 2008, and yet they are being talked about as serious Super Bowl contenders.

Two years.

DexmanC
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM

The only relevant fact is that they hired their coach in 2008, yes, 2008, and yet they are being talked about as serious Super Bowl contenders.

Two years.

According to the TK's model, 2008 was a fluke when they won the
division, and they are just lucky. It takes 5+ years to build a team
capable of making the postseason.

Blake
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
They are as talented as the Texans. Only difference is that their coaches do a better job of putting them in position to win. End of story.

Rey
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Starting lineups:

QB: Ryan (drafted in 1st rd. '08)
WR: White (drft 1st rd. '05), Jenkins (drft 1st rd. '04)
RB: Turner (FA '08)
FB: Mughelli (FA '07)
LT: Baker (drft 1st rd. '08)
LG: Blalock (drft 2nd rd. '07)
C: McClure (drft. 7th rd. '99)
RG: Dahl (FA '07)
RT: Clabo (FA '06)
TE: Gonzales (trade '09)

DE: Abraham (trade '06), Biermann (drft 5th rd. '08)
DT: Peters (drft 3rd rd. '10), Babineaux (drft 2nd rd. '05)
OLB: Weatherspoon (drft 1st rd. '10), Peterson (FA '08)
MLB: Lofton (drft 2nd rd. '08)
CB: Robinson (FA '10), Grimes (FA '07)
SS: Moore (drft 2nd rd. '09)
FS: DeCoud (drft 3rd rd. '08)

Compare and contrast to our team.

The thing that stands out to me the most is that it appears that they have been more aggressive in acquiring big time talent.

I say that because of the key players they brought in via trade (Gonzalez and Abraham) and also some of the key players that they acquired in Free Agency.

Also, it looks like they have a bit more experienced players than us.

But there are lots of differences as I'm sure that there are many differences between every NFL team. There are vast differences in how the two super bowl teams from last year were assembled from the top down.

No disrespect, but what is the purpose of this exercise? Serious question...

houstonspartan
11-12-2010, 03:52 PM

Yeah, well, TK also thinks that Rod Marinelli should have kept his job after going 0-16. That says all you need to know about his "theories."

And let's not forget that the Falcons were a total diaster: Mike Vick, dog scandals, no decent qb, a coach quitting on them, little talent...that team was a MESS.

And now, they're being talked about as a potential Super Bowl team.

In two years.

eriadoc
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm just genuinely curious what people's thoughts were on the subject, given the state of the Falcons when the Vick thing went down, their acquisition of the Texans' 2nd round picks in '07 and '08, how quickly they appear to have built a serious contender, and a comparison of talent vs. draft position for the two teams. Oh, and what kind of player turnover they've had.

Rey
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm just genuinely curious what people's thoughts were on the subject, given the state of the Falcons when the Vick thing went down, their acquisition of the Texans' 2nd round picks in '07 and '08, how quickly they appear to have built a serious contender, and a comparison of talent vs. draft position for the two teams. Oh, and what kind of player turnover they've had.

Ok...Yeah that's what I figured..

It does seem that they gotten better faster, hit on more FA acquisitions, been more aggressive in acquiring talent and probably have helped more players progress their skills than we have...

So yeah...I guess those little things would be the main differences between the franchises...

Goatcheese
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
It's not like the Falcons were rebuilding from nothing. They had 1 horrible year of Petreno following the Vick indecent. They were a middle of the pack team before that. All they needed to get back to .500 was a quality QB.

As for the differences, how about:

WR
Johnson - hurt
White - not hurt

DE
Williams - hurt
Abraham - not hurt

Ryans - hurt(IR)
Lofton - not hurt

TE
Daniels - hurt
Gonzalez - not hurt

LT
Brown - suspended 4 games
Baker - not suspended 4 games

and so on...

All of those make up a difference of 2.5 wins.

thunderkyss
11-12-2010, 04:18 PM

Really? Is that what I've said?

Rey
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
It's not like the Falcons were rebuilding from nothing. They had 1 horrible year of Petreno following the Vick indecent. They were a middle of the pack team before that. All they needed to get back to .500 was a quality QB.

WR
Johnson - hurt
White - not hurt

DE
Williams - hurt
Abraham - not hurt

Ryans - hurt(IR)
Lofton - not hurt

TE
Daniels - hurt
Gonzalez - not hurt

LT

and so on...

Andre has gotten hurt a lot in the past few seasons. Far as I can tell Mario has been hurt since he's gotten here...He always has some nagging injury...

That said, I'm pretty sure they have had their own injury issues to deal with just like every NFL team...

playa465
11-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Two years.

What is this? Hell even up to 2 weeks ago the Cowgurls were still talked about as having a chance. Back to the Falcons, they have had more talent on their team going all the way back to 2005. Plus they have always hovered around .500 or better except for the year of Harrington. They also had 2 coaching changes since then and now it seems they have the right coach. It can be argued that now we can match them for talent so the only other tangible thing besides injuries is coaching.

Texecutioner
11-12-2010, 08:32 PM
It's not like the Falcons were rebuilding from nothing.

If you think that, then you've pretty delusional to the state of what the Falcons franchise was before their new HC came in. They were terrible. The only decent thing they had on offense was Roddy White and at that time Roddy White had only one good season to where they didn't know how he'd play the next season. The rest of that team was in total disarray and a ton of those players wanted out of there.

They had 1 horrible year of Petreno following the Vick indecent. They were a middle of the pack team before that. All they needed to get back to .500 was a quality QB.

WR
Johnson - hurt
White - not hurt

DE
Williams - hurt
Abraham - not hurt

Ryans - hurt(IR)
Lofton - not hurt

TE
Daniels - hurt
Gonzalez - not hurt

LT

and so on...

The rest of this is just a spin to make it seem like the Texans haven't under achieved as much as they have.

Texecutioner
11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Really? Is that what I've said?

Pretty much. And you also did say the Rod Marinelli thing which = :mariopalm:

eriadoc
11-12-2010, 09:07 PM

Really? Because if all they needed was a quality QB, why did they bother to change out most of their roster? There are a few, but not too many players that were around before '06.

Mailman
11-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry to interject and derail the direction this topic has taken, but I'm curious as to the consensus of the controversial Roddy White TD last night.

Legit or offensive PI? I thought it was borderline legit myself. The defender flopped like Brandon Flowers imo.

beerlover
11-12-2010, 09:25 PM
The thing that stands out to me the most is that it appears that they have been more aggressive in acquiring big time talent.

I say that because of the key players they brought in via trade (Gonzalez and Abraham) and also some of the key players that they acquired in Free Agency.

Also, it looks like they have a bit more experienced players than us.

But there are lots of differences as I'm sure that there are many differences between every NFL team. There are vast differences in how the two super bowl teams from last year were assembled from the top down.

back to my statement they have a similar tandem of GM & HC yet have out performed they're Texan counterpoints to date, so question is why? what adjustements if any need to be made to match the model organization we were sold in the beginning.

Goatcheese
11-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Really? Because if all they needed was a quality QB, why did they bother to change out most of their roster? There are a few, but not too many players that were around before '06.

Welcome to the NFL. It's fairly uncommon for teams to go 4+ seasons without a lot of turnover. Players get old and retire or are cut. They get signed by other teams or traded. They suck and get bounced out of the league or end up a backup on some other team.

What is the average NFL career? Three years?

Each team has a staple of 10-15 'name' players and a few backups who hang around for a long time as the foundation of the franchise. Beyond that guys move around a lot.

steelbtexan
11-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Their organization from the owner down is better than the Texans organization.

They are willing to sign FA's and take chances the Texans will not take.

These organizations mirror their owners.

eriadoc
11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Welcome to the NFL. It's fairly uncommon for teams to go 4+ seasons without a lot of turnover. Players get old and retire or are cut. They get signed by other teams or traded. They suck and get bounced out of the league or end up a backup on some other team.

Each team has a staple of 10-15 'name' players and a few backups who hang around for a long time as the foundation of the franchise. Beyond that guys move around a lot.

Pretty sure you missed the point. The Falcons have had just about the same turnover as the Texans, which is to say a complete overhaul. They kept a few more players than The Texans, but compensated by going through three coaches during that time span and having the face of their franchise turn their fans against them. Yet here they are playing the role of serious contender while the Texans fritter away the careers of any players unfortunate enough to be tied to them.

And really, the Falcons are just one of several examples I could have used. Take a look at the worst teams of the last five years. Most of them have gone through their peaks and valleys, but they make progress. Kubiak has no peaks and no valleys - just one long plateau.

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM

So, five years is MORE than enough time to see if your coaching is
cuttin' da MUSSTAAAAAHHHHDDDD??

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Pretty sure you missed the point. The Falcons have had just about the same turnover as the Texans, which is to say a complete overhaul. They kept a few more players than The Texans, but compensated by going through three coaches during that time span and having the face of their franchise turn their fans against them. Yet here they are playing the role of serious contender while the Texans fritter away the careers of any players unfortunate enough to be tied to them.

And really, the Falcons are just one of several examples I could have used. Take a look at the worst teams of the last five years. Most of them have gone through their peaks and valleys, but they make progress. Kubiak has no peaks and no valleys - just one long plateau.

BINGO.

The Texans couldn't get any TOP free agents with their current leadership.
Go to Sportsradio610.com and listen to Larry Izzo, former Patriot who lives
in Houston, be brutally honest about the Texans' reputation around the
league. Nobody wants to play for a team he described, if that player
wants to win.

Our current "culture" just ain't good enough. I look for our current
1-3 slide to fall to AT LEAST 1-5. These next 8 games are NUT-CUTTIN'
TIME.

playa465
11-13-2010, 03:36 AM
BINGO.

The Texans couldn't get any TOP free agents with their current leadership.
Go to Sportsradio610.com and listen to Larry Izzo, former Patriot who lives
in Houston, be brutally honest about the Texans' reputation around the
league. Nobody wants to play for a team he described, if that player
wants to win.

Our current "culture" just ain't good enough. I look for our current
1-3 slide to fall to AT LEAST 1-5. These next 8 games are NUT-CUTTIN'
TIME.

So what do you expect? None of us here really knows what goes on behind the closed doors. What if McNair tells Cowher, Gruden or whomever "I will pay you whatever you want" and they say no thanks. What if we offer free agents top dollar and they say no, then what? Bottom line is we don't know, but we can always discuss and speculate...I see alot of posts blaming Mcnair for not holding the staff accountable or being cheap but guess what, it is a business to him. No matter what we, fans, think about the game of football it is a BUSINESS. Yes we can say well if you win then of course it will mean more $$$, but the bottom line it will be a gamble. Change is thought of as good b/c of a BAD situation, but change can also make something worse and that's life...I wonder what the fans would think if we got another coach, staff, etc. and the next 6 years we go 4-12, 7-9, 11-5, 12-4, 5-11, 9-7 ? Herman Edwards made a good point on the Cowgurls, "get out there and compete." He said that if they showed that they are competitive then they should garner respect. Where are we?

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 06:16 AM
So what do you expect? None of us here really knows what goes on behind the closed doors. What if McNair tells Cowher, Gruden or whomever "I will pay you whatever you want" and they say no thanks. What if we offer free agents top dollar and they say no, then what? Bottom line is we don't know, but we can always discuss and speculate...I see alot of posts blaming Mcnair for not holding the staff accountable or being cheap but guess what, it is a business to him. No matter what we, fans, think about the game of football it is a BUSINESS. Yes we can say well if you win then of course it will mean more $$$, but the bottom line it will be a gamble. Change is thought of as good b/c of a BAD situation, but change can also make something worse and that's life...I wonder what the fans would think if we got another coach, staff, etc. and the next 6 years we go 4-12, 7-9, 11-5, 12-4, 5-11, 9-7 ? Herman Edwards made a good point on the Cowgurls, "get out there and compete." He said that if they showed that they are competitive then they should garner respect. Where are we?

The Falcons went through 3 coaches in 4 years....

....and they finally got the Coach/GM combo right.

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 07:26 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/competition.jpg

these are just some numbers I threw together to add to the discussion.

The number at the end of the division opponents, is the avg of W/L percentage of the teams that played the Falcons, and the teams that played the Texans, Atlanta & Houston's W/L is not included in that number.

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 07:30 AM
back to my statement they have a similar tandem of GM & HC yet have out performed they're Texan counterpoints to date, so question is why? what adjustements if any need to be made to match the model organization we were sold in the beginning.

Put the Texans in the NFC South.....

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Their organization from the owner down is better than the Texans organization.

They are willing to sign FA's and take chances the Texans will not take.

These organizations mirror their owners.

I don't know that the Texans will not take those chances...... Ahman Green, Phillip Buchanon, Kevin Walter...... but for the most part, I think the decision was made to go young.

Runner
11-13-2010, 08:10 AM
The rest of this is just a spin to make it seem like the Texans haven't under achieved as much as they have.

The injury list was not as extensive last season (year four of the great incremental improvement experiment) with little to show for it.

I thought ease/strength of schedule was pooh-poohed around here now. Last year's easy schedule didn't do much for the Texans except get them from 8-8 to 9-7, so I don't think the Falcons division is all that much of a factor either.

Last season should have been the last straw.

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I thought ease/strength of schedule was pooh-poohed around here now. Last year's easy schedule didn't do much for the Texans except get them from 8-8 to 9-7, so I don't think the Falcons division is all that much of a factor either.

Last season should have been the last straw.

It's not just ease/strength of schedule that I'm pointing to. But also the team performance. While they may have had similar turnover to their roster that we've had, they've had more success than we've had for years.

We've never had a winning season until 2007. From 2002-2005, the Falcons were a winning organization, we were barely a 4 win/season club.

This is more than just a 53 man roster that needed fixing in 2006. Top to bottom this organization was moving backwards since it's inception.

I also thought it was particularly interesting how much moving to the AFC South has helped our three division rivals. The Jags, Titans, & Colts are all doing better since they don't have 2 yearly games against the Steelers, Bengals, Patriots, Jets & Dolphins. The Colts especially.

beerlover
11-13-2010, 09:20 AM

true that. just my perception of where the Texans are headed at a specific point in time regardless what strength of schedule suggested. to follow that up before Falcons there was the Detroit Lions, both franchises took quote "their franchise QB" how did that work? then in 2003 drafted WR's, #2 overall pick Charles Rogers vs Andre Johnson, hence a draft devotee (BL) was born :evil: they have started to look much improved with consecutive high picks but still overall Texans are ahead of them past 9 seasons. It's interesting to look back & compare nothing more nothing less.

Rey
11-13-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't know that the Texans will not take those chances...... Ahman Green, Phillip Buchanon, Kevin Walter...... but for the most part, I think the decision was made to go young.

Phillip Buchanon was before this regime...

Kevin Walter was not taking a chance...They gave up very little for him.

Ahman Green was taking a chance, but it wasn't really a big signing compared to going out and getting a young guy who's really good. It cost more to go out and get a young guy still in his prime than it does to get an aging vet coming off of injuries.

I don't know if we could have gotten Michael Turner or not, but I would compare those two signings as one franchise being aggressive and getting young player they thought could be a great weapon for them...While we went out and got an aging vet that we 'hoped' would still have gas left in the tank.

However you want to look at it though, their signings have mostly worked, while ours have mostly failed or been non-existent/non-impactful...

Runner
11-13-2010, 10:51 AM
true that. just my perception of where the Texans are headed at a specific point in time regardless what strength of schedule suggested. to follow that up before Falcons there was the Detroit Lions, both franchises took quote "their franchise QB" how did that work? then in 2003 drafted WR's, #2 overall pick Charles Rogers vs Andre Johnson, hence a draft devotee (BL) was born :evil: they have started to look much improved with consecutive high picks but still overall Texans are ahead of them past 9 seasons. It's interesting to look back & compare nothing more nothing less.

Falcons Texans Lions

Texans right at .500. Again

That's not really true though; I think more teams have improved faster, even if they've then dropped back.

"Better to have won and lost then never to have won at all". Apologies to Shakespeare.

Mr teX
11-13-2010, 01:31 PM
The Falcons went through 3 coaches in 4 years....

....and they finally got the Coach/GM combo right.

You make it seem like the owner fired the previous coaches b/c they weren't getting it done & truthfully more went into than that. They had a major scandal with vick that essentially resulted in Mora & the GM getting bounced & then Petrino just flat out quit. If none of that stuff happens at minimum Petrino is probably still there & who knows if they have any success.

I'm not saying that Kubes hasn't had more than enough time to get it figured out, but the idea you're trying to sell that Blank acted like George Steinbrenner & kept letting go of guys until he got to Mike Smith is ridiculous. Mike Smith ended up in ATL mostly b/c of pure circumstance.

& while everyone here might be satisfied with a token playoff appearance, i would much rather see them build a team that's gonna win for years & like it or not, the best way to do that is to go young & build through the draft. History bears out that the dynasties of the last 20+ years were built this way. The only thing is you've got to hit on your draft picks for that work & unfortunately for kubes too many of them have not.

Texecutioner
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
So what do you expect? None of us here really knows what goes on behind the closed doors. What if McNair tells Cowher, Gruden or whomever "I will pay you whatever you want" and they say no thanks. What if we offer free agents top dollar and they say no, then what? Bottom line is we don't know, but we can always discuss and speculate...I see alot of posts blaming Mcnair for not holding the staff accountable or being cheap but guess what, it is a business to him.

Oh, so now we're back to the infamous "we don't know what goes on behind closed doors" excuses for Mcnair and Rick Smith that has become such redundant excuse around here for years. Lol!

Funny how ESPN and other media outlets constantly report about so many other aggressive teams going after this player or that player whether they get them or not and there are stories all around the league in which things don't happen, but it still gets reported. Hell, Bill Cowher was in talks last off season with the Bills for weeks and was very close to signing with them, but he couldn't get enough committment from the owner to spend the money on free agents, so Cowher passed. This was all over the news.

Do you honestly think that if Bill Cowher is in any types of negotiations with any NFL team that it's not going to get reported?? Really? Any team that a high profile HC like Cowher, Gruden, or Shottenheimer is in talks with will get reported to the media. The Texans don't have some top secret way of doing business to where the media has no way of finding stuff like this out. It's pretty strange at this point that folks are still using this "we don't know what goes on" tactics to use a crutch for this adminastration at this point. The top reporting NFL media networks and sites pretty much always have a good idea of what's going on with every team and who they're trying to acquire whether it happens or not.

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Get us a coach whose knees don't buckle at our division opponents.

The Patriots routinely beat the Colts, and when the Dolphins hired Sparano
& Parcells after going 1-15, the Dolphins TOOK the fight TO the Patriots and
WON THE DIVISION.

We don't need any wimpy leadership who can't get the job done because
they think "It's too haaaaaaarrrdd. Waaaaahhhh..."

Kubiak, from his 6-10 season in '06, has only a THREE GAME IMPROVEMENT
over 4.5 seasons. I chose to cut the excuses for Kubiak, and believe progress
when I see it.

Three wins better than his first season, in almost 5 seasons. Meh.

playa465
11-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh, so now we're back to the infamous "we don't know what goes on behind closed doors" excuses for Mcnair and Rick Smith that has become such redundant excuse around here for years. Lol!

Funny how ESPN and other media outlets constantly report about so many other aggressive teams going after this player or that player whether they get them or not and there are stories all around the league in which things don't happen, but it still gets reported. Hell, Bill Cowher was in talks last off season with the Bills for weeks and was very close to signing with them, but he couldn't get enough committment from the owner to spend the money on free agents, so Cowher passed. This was all over the news.

Do you honestly think that if Bill Cowher is in any types of negotiations with any NFL team that it's not going to get reported?? Really? Any team that a high profile HC like Cowher, Gruden, or Shottenheimer is in talks with will get reported to the media. The Texans don't have some top secret way of doing business to where the media has no way of finding stuff like this out. It's pretty strange at this point that folks are still using this "we don't know what goes on" tactics to use a crutch for this adminastration at this point. The top reporting NFL media networks and sites pretty much always have a good idea of what's going on with every team and who they're trying to acquire whether it happens or not.

Not making an excuse for McNair, THE FACT is we do not know. Let me give you an example which may be more appealing to some: What if McNair has already told Kubiak that if we finish .500 or worse he will be let go in a closed door meeting...now do you think either one of them will leak that? Read the BSPN report on coaches who were interested in the Cowgurls, is there any credibility in that report or is that Jerry pumping up his franchise? Bottom line WE DONT KNOW.

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Get us a coach whose knees don't buckle at our division opponents.

The Patriots routinely beat the Colts, and when the Dolphins hired Sparano
& Parcells after going 1-15, the Dolphins TOOK the fight TO the Patriots and
WON THE DIVISION.

We don't need any wimpy leadership who can't get the job done because
they think "It's too haaaaaaarrrdd. Waaaaahhhh..."

Kubiak, from his 6-10 season in '06, has only a THREE GAME IMPROVEMENT
over 4.5 seasons. I chose to cut the excuses for Kubiak, and believe progress
when I see it.

Three wins better than his first season, in almost 5 seasons. Meh.

If you look at the chart I presented earlier, you'll see the Colts struggled in a division playing the Patriots, Jets, & Dolphins year after year... yes the Dolphins.

If the Colts were in the AFC East today, I bet they wouldn't be as dominant as they appear today (which seems to always get exposed in the play-offs).

Ever see a 3A highschool kick ass in football? Move them up to 4A & it takes them a while to get competitive? If they ever do.

Imagine starting a football team from scratch, to play against the highest level of competition. Imagine everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong in the first 4 years of existence.

Wipe the slate clean, start all over. New coach, new GM, new FO....

5 years is long enough.. you won't get any argument from me here. Let's give him 5 years.

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Not making an excuse for McNair, THE FACT is we do not know. Let me give you an example which may be more appealing to some: What if McNair has already told Kubiak that if we finish .500 or worse he will be let go in a closed door meeting...now do you think either one of them will leak that? Read the BSPN report on coaches who were interested in the Cowgurls, is there any credibility in that report or is that Jerry pumping up his franchise? Bottom line WE DONT KNOW.

The jury's still out on what type of owner Mcnair is. How he handles
the Kubiak situation this year will say A LOT. I got a complete mulligan
in the minds of a lot of Texans fans (including mine) after the mess
the first regime created.

Do we oversell mediocrity for the fourth year in a row? Do we demand
excellence from our organization?

"Live or die, Bob. Make your choice." -- Jigsaw

El Tejano
11-14-2010, 02:19 AM
How many playoff wins have they had during the time they've acquired that talent? I seriously don't know but IIRC, it's 0 - just as many as The Texans. IIRC, they did go to the playoffs (more than what Texans have seen) but they got busted up in that game and were sitting next to the Texans watching the playoffs the following week.

They've done well this season, just not ready to give them a ton of credit. They still got to play TB and New Orleans one more time.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 06:36 AM
How many playoff wins have they had during the time they've acquired that talent? I seriously don't know but IIRC, it's 0 - just as many as The Texans. IIRC, they did go to the playoffs (more than what Texans have seen) but they got busted up in that game and were sitting next to the Texans watching the playoffs the following week.

They've done well this season, just not ready to give them a ton of credit. They still got to play TB and New Orleans one more time.

Chances are really good that they'll make another play-off push. Baltimore & Pittsburgh were probably the toughest games on their schedule outside their division. They won one, lost the other. They are also 2-0 in their division, beating New Orleans & Tampa Bay (who is getting a lot of love right now). Greenbay is coming up as well as 4 division games.

Then they got that "Matty Ice" record of 17-0 at home, they are on a 3 game win streak (Baltimore was the third win).... kinda hard not to see why there is so much talk about the Falcons.

Runner
11-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Atlanta won a close game in the waning seconds this week. That's different.