PDA

View Full Version : Texans who should not be on roster'11

badboy
11-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Adibi, Andre Davis,Owen Daniels (1/2 way through his last season and another team will give him more $), Matt Leinert, Damione Lewis, Antwaun Molden, Jesse Nading, Dan Orslovsky, Karl Paymah, Steve Slaton, Kasey Studdard, Eugene Wilson, Dominque Barber.

Bubble guys: Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, Anthony Hill, Jason Allen, Zack Diles

jaayteetx
11-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Amobi?

Fico
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
So we get rid of both our back up QB?

Nading will be back in my opinion.
Wilson will be back.

Walter, JJ, Diles will be back.

Everyone else is on the bubble or gone.

Ole Miss Texan
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Anybody not named Antonio Smith, Arian Foster or Vonta Leach. :chef:

silvrhand
11-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Every team in the league has people on the bubble we aren't the only ones.

imatexan

Ya that Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub suck and need to be gone!
:shades:

Section516

Andre Johnson?

Thorn
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I really don't think we'll get rid of both of our backup QBs. That's just not a good idea even if it costs money to keep one of them. Other than that, if they ain't contributing to winning, bye bye.

Backup QBs are rarely valuable, until you need one, and then you usually need one in the worst way.

Mr teX
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
molden & pretty much all of our DT's sounds about right.

Rey
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm actually hoping we can bring Leinart back...

If Kubiak is the coach, I do not see that much turnover happening...

I know that isn't really a heck of a lot of players, but there are a few starters, cheap guys, guys who would make good depth on that list. I also don't see us letting go of alot of guys that he's drafted...Maybe if they've proven to be almost worthless, but some of those guys listed are decent depth at least...

If we have a whole new coaching staff in here then I'd say that open us up to a lot more changes in personnel...

badboy
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Amobi?He is solvent (right word?) against the run and is sometimes getting in general vicinity of the QB. I see him as a back up, with my first round choice Nick Fairley starting opposite Mitchell.

JWarren14
11-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Deuces to Pollard as well

badboy
11-12-2010, 04:57 PM
So we get rid of both our back up QB?

Nading will be back in my opinion.
Wilson will be back.

Walter, JJ, Diles will be back.

Everyone else is on the bubble or gone.I think Kubiak has given up on Danny O. and Leinert will get an offer like Rex grossman did imo. There is an outside chance M.L. could be back on the cheap as he has had little time to show any skills to other teams.

badboy
11-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Every team in the league has people on the bubble we aren't the only ones.I don't spend money or root for those others but thanks for the secret information.

badboy
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I really don't think we'll get rid of both of our backup QBs. That's just not a good idea even if it costs money to keep one of them. Other than that, if they ain't contributing to winning, bye bye.

Backup QBs are rarely valuable, until you need one, and then you usually need one in the worst way.Which do you see as valuable if Schaub goes out? It is time for Smithak to spend a high draft pick and begin to develop a backup Qb that could actually play if necessary.

ArlingtonTexan
11-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Nothng in particular "wrong" with the playrs listed. The larger context contains some significant issues

1) Do any othese guys (along with the team) play better in the 2nd half of the season
2) Is Kubiak the head coach?
3) Is Frank Bush the DC?
4) What are the free agency rules established by the new CBA between the players and teams?
5) injuries (not just the bubble players)

Thorn
11-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Which do you see as valuable if Schaub goes out? It is time for Smithak to spend a high draft pick and begin to develop a backup Qb that could actually play if necessary.

Shouldn't we be spending our high draft choices on defensive players?

oh wait......

BigBull17
11-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Frank Bush