PDA

View Full Version : Frank Bush vows to put defenders in "right position"

Ryan
11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7290910.html

Frank Bush didn't try to hide from the subject Thursday because, really, what would have been the point? He's the coordinator of a Texans defense that, at the moment, in terms of yards allowed per game, is one of the NFL's five worst since 1970.

Immediate help Thursday's waiver claim of former Miami Dolphins cornerback Jason Allen notwithstanding is not on the way.

"There is no quick fix no magic elixir, we like to say to bring some super-duper player in the room and all of a sudden our defense becomes that much better," Bush said.

It's been said the first step to solving a problem is admitting it exists. Of course, the Texans' woes have been obvious all season, possibly even exaggerated. Instead, let's consult more statistics.

Rookie cornerback Kareem Jackson's struggles have been chronicled, but according to STATS, Inc., he compares favorably to the rest of the Texans' secondary. Jackson has been thrown at 63 times. Quarterbacks have completed 32 of those attempts for 580 yards and four touchdowns with a pair of scores coming Sunday against San Diego.

Amazingly, his total of 580 yards is not the worst in the league Washington's DeAngelo Hall has surrendered 615.

Second-year cornerback Glover Quin, who along with Denver's Champ Bailey were the only corners not to allow a touchdown in 2009, has been targeted 46 times, with quarterbacks completing 27 passes for 370 yards and three touchdowns.

Shouldn't you have done this 9 weeks ago? :kubepalm:

m5kwatts
11-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I want Frank Bush to come out and talk about how embarrassed he is over the job he's done this year. I see no shame in his words and that sickens me.

Dread-Head
11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7290910.html

Shouldn't you have done this 9 weeks ago? :kubepalm:

In the words of illustrious thesbian David Hyde Pierce:

"Well...Duh mothervugger!" Why does that man still have a job?

OzzO
11-12-2010, 07:08 PM
There is no quick fix — no magic elixir, we like to say — to bring some super-duper player in the room and all of a sudden our defense becomes that much better.

Well, there is ONE person in the room that could possibly be replaced and most likely the defense would get better.....

PapaL
11-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Would that position be on the sidelines?

That's where they look the best...ok...decent...better then on the field!

Double Barrel
11-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Man, I saw this cat Bush speak at All Access, and I was bathing in koolaide after his speech and Q&A! You could not have convinced me back then that his D would be one of the worst in the NFL. Just goes to show that talk is cheap...unless you're Bob McNair paying for it, of course.

CretorFrigg
11-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Isn't that what Bush should've done the whole time? That's what he was hired for, right? His job is to construct a scheme that puts our defenders in the right position to make plays. He hasn't done that, and I doubt he'll be able to do that in the future.

What is he going to do that'll change our defense? Doesn't seem like much. I'm on the "fire Frank Bush" bandwagon, and I'd advocate firing him immediately.

I hear empty promises like this all the time; I work in the business profession.

CloakNNNdagger
11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Frank Bush vows to put defenders in "right position"

ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL???:eek::eek::eek:

Wolf
11-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Man, I saw this cat Bush speak at All Access, and I was bathing in koolaide after his speech and Q&A! You could not have convinced me back then that his D would be one of the worst in the NFL. Just goes to show that talk is cheap...unless you're Bob McNair paying for it, of course.

next time DB.. you need this tshirt

:texanbill:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/170266/anti_kool-aid.gif

JB
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
"They have to play better, and I have to be better as a coordinator, putting them in the right position."

Is that not what just about any coach of a struggling unit would say?

Nothing new here...move along

/thread

Hervoyel
11-12-2010, 09:54 PM

That might just be crazy enough to work!

If it does you can expect coaches all over the league to try this unorthodox yet oddly appealing defensive system. Frank will go down in NFL history as the guy who invented the "Right Position" defense the way Buddy Ryan gets associated with the "46".

Exciting times we're living in bro's! Exciting times indeed!

Pantherstang84
11-12-2010, 10:40 PM

If it does you can expect coaches all over the league to try this unorthodox yet oddly appealing defensive system. Frank will go down in NFL history as the guy who invented the "Right Position" defense the way Buddy Ryan gets associated with the "46".

I'm with ya. It seems our DC has found the secret decoder ring.

JB
11-12-2010, 10:49 PM

I'm with ya. It seems our DC has found the secret decoder ring.

Did you guy's happen to read the article? A misleading title just a bit?

IDEXAN
11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
The defense is certainly playing badly this year, but are we sure it's all Franks fault ? Does he really have that much talent to start with, and then there's the problem with season-ending injuries to key players like DeMeco
& Barwin.

Hardcore Texan
11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Well, there is ONE person in the room that could possibly be replaced and most likely the defense would get better.....

:goodpost:

Lucky
11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
The defense is certainly playing badly this year, but are we sure it's all Franks fault ? Does he really have that much talent to start with, and then there's the problem with season-ending injuries to key players like DeMeco
& Barwin.
The defense was the worst in the league before Ryans went down. And Barwin would have had to turn into LT to make that much of a difference for this defense.

The buck stops at Gary Kubiak. He hand picked the GM. Hired the assistants. Oversaw free agency and the draft. Decided who would make the roster and who starts. If you don't like what this defense is doing, it's easy to point out who's to blame. Just ask him.

ATXtexanfan
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
The defense was the worst in the league before Ryans went down. And Barwin would have had to turn into LT to make that much of a difference for this defense.

The buck stops at Gary Kubiak. He hand picked the GM. Hired the assistants. Oversaw free agency and the draft. Decided who would make the roster and who starts. If you don't like what this defense is doing, it's easy to point out who's to blame. Just ask him.

what worries me is if kubiak really feared his job was on the line wouldn't frank bush be fired by now?

ArlingtonTexan
11-13-2010, 09:04 PM
what worries me is if kubiak really feared his job was on the line wouldn't frank bush be fired by now?

Firing Bush now would mean that Kubiak thinks that someone on his current staff is ready to be a DC. An outsider is not going to come in an install a completely new system.

ChampionTexan
11-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Firing Bush now would mean that Kubiak thinks that someone on his current staff is ready to be a DC. An outsider is not going to come in an install a completely new system.

Nor are the vast majority of outsiders going to be willing to have their name associated, mid-stream, with a defense that's been performing as badly as this one has.

Anyone worth their salt would wait till the season was over.

Thorn
11-13-2010, 09:12 PM
blah blah blah blah......same old coach speak. Let's see some improvement on the field and maybe we'll take ya seriously Mr. Bush.

NitroGSXR
11-13-2010, 09:33 PM
To the Texans coaching staff starting with Bush... Lol. STFU and put up.

I sniff a hormonal 45-10 injecting by Jacksonville so **** it anyway.

Hervoyel
11-13-2010, 09:45 PM
& Barwin.

This is the talent that replaced all the "talent" that was here before. If this talent isn't good enough then we don't have to look very hard or far to find the people who hand picked them.

The talent is by and large adequate and if it isn't then that's the fault of the current coaches and GM too.

JB
11-13-2010, 10:01 PM
To the Texans coaching staff starting with Bush... Lol. STFU and put up.

I sniff a hormonal 45-10 injecting by Jacksonville so **** it anyway.

:lol: Where is that Sunday spirit?