PDA

View Full Version : James Casey time to shine!

El Tejano
11-11-2010, 10:46 PM
I read that James Casey is going to get more opportunity to be on the field due to OD's recent injury. I thought he had a decent game this past week. If I recall he had a catch that he powered over someone to make a first down. I hope he has one of those suprise games where the other team finally gets to say where in the world did that guy come from?

Norg
11-11-2010, 10:47 PM
u play your hot hand of course he will get more playing time

valleytexfan
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Big Casey fan here...he's super athletic and versatile. Plus, he's a humble and a good teammate. Really hope he sees success...

El Tejano
11-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Sometimes I think Casey would be even more useful if we audibled.

HOU-TEX
11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Dude has glue for hands and should've been given a larger role since week 1. But nah, let's roll OD, who's admitted his lack of trust in his knee, out there just to get his legs back under him. Pffft!

IDEXAN
11-12-2010, 08:52 AM
OD is pretty good when he's fit, but he's been banged-up and/or recovering from last years blown-out knee all season, and I can't figure why they haven't played Casey more ? He's got tremendous hands and he's clearly more effective than OD at this time.

spurstexanstros
11-12-2010, 09:18 AM
go casey....go texans... go positive thread

drs23
11-12-2010, 09:38 AM
go casey....go texans... go positive thread

Roger on the positive thread. I'd like to see alot more of Casey as well. Great hands and can make positve yardage after the catch. :fans:

Hardcore Texan
11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
It was obvious in the SD game he was part of the plan, Schaub looked his way a good amount of times. He even tried to force one or two throws to him that probably weren't the best decision.

I was thinking during that game it sure seems like they are making an effort to get him the ball. I hope it continues with even better results.

Brisco_County
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
When I saw Casey get a downfield reception, I knew he was ready to be the starter. Even Yahoo fantasy says that he would be a starter on most teams.

Rey
11-12-2010, 03:56 PM
IMO, Casey is a better option than OD or Dreesen.

I think he is more athletic and I think he catches the ball better.

I wish we could have traded OD while we could have and upgraded another area of the team. Maybe they didn't get any good offers, or maybe they just didn't want to part with him...who knows...

DerekLee1
11-12-2010, 04:16 PM
IMO, Casey is a better option than OD or Dreesen.

I think he is more athletic and I think he catches the ball better.

I wish we could have traded OD while we could have and upgraded another area of the team. Maybe they didn't get any good offers, or maybe they just didn't want to part with him...who knows...

Who would trade for a guy coming off of a major injury before he's even proven that he's recovered from it?

Rey
11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Who would trade for a guy coming off of a major injury before he's even proven that he's recovered from it?

He had a few weeks back to show that he recovered from it. It's not like they would have traded him before he even played a down...

And I'm not saying trade him for a first round pick...I'd have taken anything that could have possibly benefited the team...especially since we have talent behind him that I believe can be just as effective...

But that's besides the point...There are plenty of suckers out there...There are plenty of people who would trade good assets for a pro bowl TE, even coming off the injury...

Look at some of the trades that have happened in the last few years...The Randy Moss trade and then cutting him...Sucker...

Belichick is constantly trading and getting value back...

I honestly would have taken a fifth rounder for OD...Find a team that is short at the TE position and get what you can get...better than having him hobble around all season and then possibly losing him for nothing in the off-season...

Norg
11-13-2010, 12:33 PM
if he does well OD or dressen wil be gone

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Anyone with an opinion on Casey's run blocking or pass protection?

Rey
11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Anyone with an opinion on Casey's run blocking or pass protection?

I haven't seen a whole lot of him to say that he performs consitently, but the little that I have seen he is a good run blocker...Haven't seen him in pass pro much...But I'm not all that concerned with his pass protection...I'll take the low end of decent there if he is a good run blocker and pass catcher...

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 12:24 AM
I've been wanting to see Casey highly involved since we drafted him. I'm supposed to believe that finally this week they're going to go to him and use him as the weapon that he is? I won't hold my breath on that one. It would be nice to see, but I won't believe that they didn't waste a draft pick on this guy until I see them fully utilizing him consistently.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 06:57 AM
I haven't seen a whole lot of him to say that he performs consitently, but the little that I have seen he is a good run blocker...Haven't seen him in pass pro much...But I'm not all that concerned with his pass protection...I'll take the low end of decent there if he is a good run blocker and pass catcher...

He's not good at all. Too small, doesn't use what leverage he has..... KDub is a better TE.

I've been wanting to see Casey highly involved since we drafted him. I'm supposed to believe that finally this week they're going to go to him and use him as the weapon that he is? I won't hold my breath on that one. It would be nice to see, but I won't believe that they didn't waste a draft pick on this guy until I see them fully utilizing him consistently.

Seeing the highlights, listening to the hype..... yeah, my hopes were pretty high for the kid.

Watching Dallas Clark, Percy Harvin, Dexter McCluster make defenses look stupid while we've got our guy playing special teams........ :sigh: