PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty to Jaguars is written all over her arms

axman40
11-09-2010, 12:32 PM
It took Austen Lane nearly an hour of driving up and down New Berlin Road on a rainy Tuesday afternoon before he finally found the tiny tattoo parlor. He'd driven past the Kangaroo gas station that shared the same lot and missed the large sign by the roadside announcing TATTOO in green paint.
Kim Nored waited anxiously inside for the latest addition to the murals on her arms, wondering if maybe Lane would give up.
But Lane was not going to pass up a chance to see this.
Lane, the Jaguars rookie defensive end, was going to sign her arm. Then her friend Chris Tilyou, who goes by Critter, would tattoo the signature on her arm, giving her a permanent way to remember the day.
http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2010-11-09/story/loyalty-jaguars-written-all-over-her-arms?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+JacksonvillecomSports+(Jacksonv ille+sports+news+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Un
http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_slideshow_thumb/editorial/images/images/mdControlled/cms/2010/11/09/733110469.jpg (http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/editorial/images/images/mdControlled/cms/2010/11/09/733110469.jpg)

Norg
11-09-2010, 12:38 PM
SUcks when the team Moves ................. :mariopalm:

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
So what if they leave and Jacksonville and eventually they land another team? :thinking:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/tomasutpen/710/tattooartist1944.jpg

ChampionTexan
11-09-2010, 12:52 PM
So what if they leave and Jacksonville and eventually they land another team? :thinking:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/tomasutpen/710/tattooartist1944.jpg

Hasn't stopped way too many Oilers fans from staying loyal - even though I can't fathom how they could ever do that.

Staying a fan of the franchise is her best bet for keeping her ink relevent, although if they pull an Oilers and move somewhere else - and change the name - it's pretty much a lost cause.

I still have several Oilers caps, a sweatshirt, a jacket, etc. It's just that none of them are permanently affixed to any part of my body.

gtexan02
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I wonder if the tattoo artist had to draw on some tarps because he couldn't get enough interesting ideas to cover all the available real estate

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Hasn't stopped way too many Oilers fans from staying loyal - even though I can't fathom how they could ever do that.

Staying a fan of the franchise is her best bet for keeping her ink relevent, although if they pull an Oilers and move somewhere else - and change the name - it's pretty much a lost cause.

I still have several Oilers caps, a sweatshirt, a jacket, etc. It's just that none of them are permanently affixed to any part of my body.

:secret: I was kidding.

mootini
11-09-2010, 01:10 PM
SUcks when the team Moves ................. :mariopalm:

Sucks when the Texans miss the playoffs...again!:mariopalm:

cdollaz
11-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Not hot.

mootini
11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Not hot.

nasty and desperate for attention...truly sad. :kitten:

BigBull17
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Ouch. Shocker that a poorly coached team will miss play-offs. Sucks that a Jags fan is talking shit and I can't even argue with them. F you Gary Kubiak.

Khari
11-09-2010, 02:20 PM
nasty and desperate for attention...truly sad. :kitten:

or maybe she just likes tatoos :truck:

mootini
11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
or maybe she just likes tatoos :truck:

Or both! LOL

Hookem Horns
11-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Ouch. Shocker that a poorly coached team will miss play-offs. Sucks that a Jags fan is talking shit and I can't even argue with them. F you Gary Kubiak.

LOL, so true.

SheTexan
11-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Sad, but true!!

I got my Texans tatt at age 56. Figured I'd be the first to go so wasn't worried about living through another MOVE by my fav team! BUT, I will never get a players name tattoo'd on my body ANYWHERE! Most are here today and gone tomorrow, so why bother.

gtexan02
11-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Sad, but true!!

I got my Texans tatt at age 56. Figured I'd be the first to go so wasn't worried about living through another MOVE by my fav team! BUT, I will never get a players name tattoo'd on my body ANYWHERE! Most are here today and gone tomorrow, so why bother.

Well, you could always get whoever our next HC's name tatooed on, because you know he'll be here at least 5 years, regardless of how crappy he is!

HJam72
11-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Sad, but true!!

How 'bout Andre Johnson?

Dutchrudder
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
How 'bout Andre Johnson?

If we get a new head coach, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade AJ or Schaub for lots of picks to fix the defense. I bet we could get a 1st and 2nd for each of them and Brady Quinn for Arian Foster. Might have to give up a 6th though. We could get a 5th for Owen Daniels from another team. We should also trade Kareem jackson for another TE to fill the void of OD, maybe Kellen Winslow?

I think this all sounds like a good plan after an 8-8 season. Just the cost of getting rid of that dumb coach.

texdawg
11-09-2010, 05:00 PM
If we get a new head coach, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade AJ or Schaub for lots of picks to fix the defense. I bet we could get a 1st and 2nd for each of them and Brady Quinn for Arian Foster. Might have to give up a 6th though. We could get a 5th for Owen Daniels from another team. We should also trade Kareem jackson for another TE to fill the void of OD, maybe Kellen Winslow?

I think this all sounds like a good plan after an 8-8 season. Just the cost of getting rid of that dumb coach.

Love the reference to all the failed Browns draft picks---made me spit beer. You guys think you have problems----

Hookem Horns
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM

LOL ... Brady Quinn for Arian Foster. Pull that trigger!

Joe Texan
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM

I burned my opilers crap in my bvack yard along with the ticket invoice which we had a check written for. Bud Adams can kiss my ass

gtexan02
11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I honestly think if this team traded Andre Johnson in the next 1-3 years, Id give up on the completely. Regardless of what we got back.

He IS the Houston Texans. His play, his attitude, everything about him. I couldn't bear to see him in another uniform

We have never had a playoff game to cheer for. We've had turnover in almost every position. He is the one constant, the one thing that makes the "Texans" more than a word on a jersey.

Dutchrudder
11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Love the reference to all the failed Browns draft picks---made me spit beer. You guys think you have problems----

The Browns draft picks? This was a joke on the Broncos McDaniels trades. The Browns got the better end of the deal on that Hillis trade, he's been great. The Broncos essentially paid the Browns to take him off their hands. It was an excellent trade for the Browns, one of the best moves they have made in years!

- The Browns are my second favorite NFL team, I grew up in the suburbs of Cleveland near Akron.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
The Browns draft picks? This was a joke on the Broncos McDaniels trades. The Browns got the better end of the deal on that Hillis trade, he's been great. The Broncos essentially paid the Browns to take him off their hands. It was an excellent trade for the Browns, one of the best moves they have made in years!

- The Browns are my second favorite NFL team, I grew up in the suburbs of Cleveland near Akron.

I think he was referring to the likes of:

Gerard Warren, DT, Florida-1st Round 2001
Courtney Brown, DE, Penn State-1st Round 2000
Tim Couch, QB, Kentucky-1st Round 1999
Quincy Morgan, WR, Kansas State-2nd Round 2001
William Green, RB, Boston College-1st Round 2002
Jeff Faine, C, Notre Dame-1st Round 2003
Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame-1st Round 2007
Charlie Frye, QB, Akron-3rd Round 2005
Travis Wilson, WR, Oklahoma-3rd Round 2006
Marquis Smith, DB, Cal-3rd Round 1999
Chris Cooker, DB, Marshall-3rd Round 2003
James Jackson, RB, Miami-3rd Round 2001
Travis Prentice, RB, Miami-3rd Round 2000
JaJuan Dawson, WR, Tulane-3rd Round 2000
Rahim Abdullah, LB, Clemson-2nd Round 1999
Melvin Fowler, C, Maryland-3rd Round 2002

But yes, Denver got fleeced by Cleveland on the Hilliis deal.

texdawg
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I think he was referring to the likes of:

Gerard Warren, DT, Florida-1st Round 2001
Courtney Brown, DE, Penn State-1st Round 2000
Tim Couch, QB, Kentucky-1st Round 1999
Quincy Morgan, WR, Kansas State-2nd Round 2001
William Green, RB, Boston College-1st Round 2002
Jeff Faine, C, Notre Dame-1st Round 2003
Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame-1st Round 2007
Charlie Frye, QB, Akron-3rd Round 2005
Travis Wilson, WR, Oklahoma-3rd Round 2006
Marquis Smith, DB, Cal-3rd Round 1999
Chris Cooker, DB, Marshall-3rd Round 2003

But yes, Denver got fleeced by Cleveland on the Hilliis deal.

And people wonder why I drink-------

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM

Texans fans support drinking heavily. Essentially, it's carry over from the Oilers.

SheTexan
11-09-2010, 06:22 PM

I've never been a "drinker" but I guess I am one now. Sitting here reading good old reliable TT and sippin on a Bud Light Lime. Drank more last Sunday than I have in nine years, and needed more before the day was done. I goin to hell!!:smiliepalm:

Think the Texans will pay for my 12 step program??:hairpull:

powerfuldragon
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
she is burly.

TEXANRED
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I've never been a "drinker" but I guess I am one now. Sitting here reading good old reliable TT and sippin on a Bud Light Lime. Drank more last Sunday than I have in nine years, and needed more before the day was done. I goin to hell!!:smiliepalm:

Think the Texans will pay for my 12 step program??:hairpull:

No. That would indicate this organization cares about you.

But what they will do is put you on a waiting list for their 12 step program, have you fill out a credit app and then have you share all your bank statements and employment history. Even after all of that you still don't get a seat, you get to buy the right to buy a seat. So now that you bought the right to buy a seat you get to buy a seat for 3 times for what the seat is worth.

Now that you have your seat you need to buy a parking permit to go to the meeting, because after all, just because you just spent your kids college fund for A seat doesn't give you the right to be there.

So now that you bought the right to buy the seat, bought the seat, bought a parking permit to occupy the seat you had the right to buy what do you think happens next? You get to the meeting and find out it's Flavor Flav running the meeting and is your 12 step program sponsor.

HTown2ATX
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM

Lol....true....but seriously.....no jag smack talk brodequin... ex. David Garrard and you're stuck in the AFC south too guy, so yay, we get to see who will be worse. :)

It'll be the good ole battle for the basement as usual when our teams play each other. :kubepalm:

BigBull17
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
With fans like that, no surprise the Jags stadium is always empty. How would you like to sit next to that wildebeest.

False Start
11-11-2010, 10:05 AM
With fans like that, no surprise the Jags stadium is always empty. How would you like to sit next to that wildebeest.

They use her clothes as the tarps. :evil:

DexmanC
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I thought that was her thigh. The woman's arm is more swole than
Ronnie Coleman's.