PDA

View Full Version : Wade Phillips Fired

beerlover
11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/22475988

badboy
11-08-2010, 02:42 PM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/22475988Well, there you go. I'm not sure he could run a 4-3 but the man is a DC. I think we could switch to 3-4 with most of our current roster but need a true nose tackle. He can not be worse than what we are getting from Frank Bush.

ThaShark316
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, there you go. I'm not sure he could run a 4-3 but the man is a DC. I think we could switch to 3-4 with most of our current roster but need a true nose tackle. He can not be worse than what we are getting from Frank Bush.

**** that...his defensive scheme blows.

brakos82
11-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, there you go. I'm not sure he could run a 4-3 but the man is a DC. I think we could switch to 3-4 with most of our current roster but need a true nose tackle. He can not be worse than what we are getting from Frank Bush.

I think I'm more qualified than Frank Bush.

texans1969
11-08-2010, 02:45 PM
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2010/11/08/dallas-cowboys-coach-wade-phillips-fired/

What do y'all think?

badboy
11-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I think I'm more qualified than Frank Bush.Hope you are not offended but I don't want you either.:headhurts:

TEXANRED
11-08-2010, 02:46 PM
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2010/11/08/dallas-cowboys-coach-wade-phillips-fired/

What do y'all think?

Hello new DC

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm actually happy for Wade. He can now breath easy for not having to deal with Skeletor any longer.

Wade's a very good defensive coach and will easily find a job. Good luck, Wade

BrandonLwowski
11-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I would welcome Wade with open arms to be our new DC but not with McNair and Kubes we are sticking with our young talent

GP
11-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Hello new DC

If somebody else owned this team, then "Yes" you would probably be right.

However, I think you need to understand that we're talking about BOB MCNAIR here.

Go back to sleep and dream up a new head coach, too, because these sorts of things only happen in our sleep. Not in real life.

I imagine someone like Kollar will be promoted to new DC. Or maybe they decide to let David Gibbs do it. Or maybe the boy who runs out and grabs the kickoff tee.

So many unqualified people are just waiting to get that job. No need in getting all crazy about Wade Phillips.

GuerillaBlack
11-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Wade as the new DC!! I'm sure he'll accept the job and come back home to Houston.

Dread-Head
11-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Fire Bush! Fire Bush! Wade! Wade! Bring him home!

GP
11-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Will never happen. Trust me.

You guys think about football too much.

I suggest you start understanding how to think like the owner.

Yankee_In_TX
Wade as the new DC!! I'm sure he'll accept the job and come back home to Houston.

No crap, and bring in Al Harris! That would be awesome.

brakos82
Hope you are not offended but I don't want you either.:headhurts:

:lol:

Funny thing is I played defense and coach offense.

FirstTexansFan
Well looks like Jerruh will have first shot at any decent HC's out there before McNair gets off his doofus and figures things out. Dallas beats us twice in one year... awesome :(

HTown2ATX
11-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Guys, guys, remember the golden words from Kubiak.....

We're going to solve our defensive problems "in house".

:gun: :choke:

Yankee_In_TX
Will never happen. Trust me.

You guys think about football too much.

I suggest you start understanding how to think like the owner.

You're 100% right. But this is the first suggestiong like this someone has made in 5 years where I think 'damn, that would REALLY help us.'

brakos82
No crap, and bring in Al Harris! That would be awesome.

And Asmougha! Super bowl BAYBY!!!!1!

GuerillaBlack
11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Well looks like Jerruh will have first shot at any decent HC's out there before McNair gets off his doofus and figures things out. Dallas beats us twice in one year... awesome :(

Not until the offseason. Garrett will be the interim HC for the rest of the season. The word around here in DFW.

Andrew6
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Hello new DC

:goodpost:

FirstTexansFan
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Not until the offseason. Garrett will be the interim HC for the rest of the season. The word around here in DFW.

Yeah, but he's already on the phone dialing away while Bob's just counting our money.

GuerillaBlack
11-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, but he's already on the phone dialing away while Bob's just counting our money.

Bob is probably wiping his ass with the money we have given the franchise. Never seen a bold move from this owner, besides the Schaub pick up.

badboy
11-08-2010, 03:03 PM
:lol:

Funny thing is I played defense and coach offense.Well, there you go. You sir are over qualified.

brakos82
11-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Well, there you go. You sir are over qualified.

Dammit.

beerlover
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Dammit.

now you have the position what's your first move gonna be?

mattieuk
11-08-2010, 03:07 PM
No surprises here.

The Girls have been just horrible.

badboy
11-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Bob is probably wiping his ass with the money we have given the franchise. Never seen a bold move from this owner, besides the Schaub pick up.What about Cower as HC, Wade as DC and Gary as OC? Kubes still has to be paid and most can see him as O guru and also Schaub would not have to go through another change.

brakos82
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
now you have the position what's your first move gonna be?

Well I've already turned the opponent's locker room into a laboratory.... my first project will be powerful magnets embedded into the players' knees, which when reacted by a powerful magnetic system underneath the playing field, will prevent a player's knees from ever hitting the ground, which will prevent dead plays.

After that I'll be working on spiked helmets, which when activated by the presence of a defender about to make an illegal hit, will stab through the defender's helmet, killing him instantly.

Then I'll start cloning Mario, Cushing, Ryans, Asmougha, and Ed Reed, although this process could take some time.

GuerillaBlack
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
What about Cower as HC, Wade as DC and Gary as OC? Kubes still has to be paid and most can see him as O guru and also Schaub would not have to go through another change.

Dream scenario. I'd mow Bob's lawn for the season, for free, if this happens.

scourge
11-08-2010, 03:15 PM

The REAL question should be is Phillips better than Vista? Are you?

Bush isn't.

HJam72
11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Dream scenario. I'd mow Bob's lawn for the season, for free, if this happens.

No, no, no. That's not enough. We'd have to convince a cheerleader to be his mistress or something.

brakos82
11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
The REAL question should be is Phillips better than Vista? Are you?

Bush isn't.

I've already installed Anti-Vista software into the Denny's menu, so 93% of our problems should be fixed there.

scourge
11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I've already installed Anti-Vista software into the Denny's menu, so 93% of our problems should be fixed there.

I knew Kubiak used teh Denny's menu, but never noticed it from Bush. I thought I saw him using the shorter and less confusing lunch menu.

Tattoo Mike
11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Anyone think that would be an improvement...LOL

Dread-Head
11-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Bring him home! Bring him HOME! All is forgiven! Bring him home!

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I knew Kubiak used teh Denny's menu, but never noticed it from Bush. I thought I saw him using the shorter and less confusing lunch menu.

Bush doesn't order off a menu in his hand with pictures and descriptions like Gary has. Bush looks at a menu up on a wall in the booth and tells Cushing what number he wants him to run.

He also tells him whether or not to super-size it.

HoustonFrog
11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't exactly be clamoring for Wade as DC. His baby has been getting their asses handed to them and multiple sources and players for opposing teams have said that his blitzes and schemes are so simple that the offenses know what is coming. His "fixes" seem to be temporary.

gtexan02
11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

Please!!!

We are dead last in the league in defense, or close to it. Its been half a season

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Wade has a very good reputation as a DC so I'm not sure what happened in Dallas. Theyv'e been mugged a couple of times this year by other teams in huge blowout losses. 45-7 to the Packers is just nuts.

Capers was a respected defensive mind who coached a team with a lousy defense here in Houston. Now he's back to wreaking havoc as a DC. I would expect Wade to do the same thing.

It's time to hire a proven DC

Sportsfan
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Maybe as the D-coordinator. Wait he's a 3-4 guy, nevermind...

Grams
11-08-2010, 03:48 PM
The Cowboys just lost 45-7 and you want their DC???

Double Barrel
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
No, thank you. Please, allow me to repeat myself: NO, THANK YOU!! :dontknowa

Goatcheese
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
He was fired because his players quit on him. Is that really the kind of coach you want to bring in?

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
The Cowboys just lost 45-7 and you want their DC???

Their head coach I'd be interested in talking to. He's always coached solid, respectable defenses. As a head coach Wade isn't the answer for anybody but he's been a very good defensive coordinator over the years.

MojoMan
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
The sweepstakes are now on to see who will replace Wade Phillips as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Even though this team and this job have their obvious drawbacks, this is still one of the top franchises in professional sports, not to mention professional football.

So, who will take over as head coach in Dallas?

During the Green Bay-Dallas game on TV last night, one of the announcers observed what a magnificent job that Dom Capers had been doing as the defensive coordinator for the Packers. Clearly, Capers is well familiar with the 3-4, so hiring him as the head coach of the Cowboys would not require any sort of adjustment of personnel on that front.

Naturally, Jerry Jones can be expected to interview a number of candidates before making a decision. However, Dom Capers might not be such a terrible guy for Jerry to speak with. He has had a mixed record around the league as a head coach, including some successes and some failures. But who hasn't? Are there any bulletproof perfect no-miss candidates for head coach of an NFL team on the market right now? Not that I am aware of.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't mind him here........... As long as he brings his daughter.

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2007_Charlie_Wilson_s_War/007CWW_Tracy_Phillips_004.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/12-07/GLtracy.jpg

Dread-Head
11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
He was fired because his players quit on him. Is that really the kind of coach you want to bring in?

There are many co-ordinators in the NFL who make ABYSMAL head coaches. As a defensive co-ordinator Wade wasn't half bad. the one he built in SanDiego when he was there were some bad muff-huggas.

houstonspartan
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
We can make fun of the Cowboys all we want, but if our players don't get their collective asses in gear and start playing for a coach that they claim to love, we will be in the same mode at the end of the season that Dallas is now: Rebuilding.

Spled
11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
The fair haired boy takes over even though he's done nothing but suck.

badboy
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
He was fired because his players quit on him. Is that really the kind of coach you want to bring in?I am not sure they quit on Phillips or the over all exasperation of the team. How long would Texand hold it together (that's funny right there) if Schaub was no longer playing? Remember the resurgence when Jones demanded Wade take over the defense last season? Hei plan worked pretty well then.

badboy
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe as the D-coordinator. Wait he's a 3-4 guy, nevermind...This roster could pretty easily be converted to a 3-4.

LonerATO
11-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I wouldnt mind the man as a DC, but I think Bob will let the season play out and then fire the lot of them

SheTexan
11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I wouldnt mind the man as a DC, but I think Bob will let the season play out and then fire the lot of them

Doubtful that will happen. Wade Phillips does NOT belong to the "good old boys" club that Kubiak and Daddy Bob likes to hire from. It's called FRIENDS! I don't think Kubiak and Wade are that friendly, but, from what I've read, BUM is good friends with Kubes, so who knows. Crapshoot regardless!! Anyway, don't look for Bush to get the ax. Kubes wanted him BAD, and got what he wanted, someone just like him.

scourge
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
There are many co-ordinators in the NFL who make ABYSMAL head coaches. As a defensive co-ordinator Wade wasn't half bad. the one he built in SanDiego when he was there were some bad muff-huggas.

Maybe that works in the NFL, but women don't want bad muff-huggas. They want goo... wait, what?

brakos82
11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe that works in the NFL, but women don't want bad muff-huggas. They want goo... wait, what?

:wadepalm:

scourge
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
:wadepalm:

Considering the thread, the wadepalm is win.

awtysst
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM

Elvis dog is more qualified than Frank Bush, and Elvis is not even a human!!!

SheTexan
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Not real sure I wanna touch this statement, BUT, women want WINNERS, on all levels!!:)

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I am not sure they quit on Phillips or the over all exasperation of the team. How long would Texand hold it together (that's funny right there) if Schaub was no longer playing? Remember the resurgence when Jones demanded Wade take over the defense last season? Hei plan worked pretty well then.

Oh no, they quit on him. His players always quit on him when he's given the head coaching reins. Wade is not head coach material. He is however a very good defense coordinator. There's a reason why he's been given a shot to be the top man over and over again. It's because after he gets fired he goes back to what he does best which is build a tough defense. After a few years he finds himself in a position being offered another head coaching gig.

Texan4Ever
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Can't say I was suprised but the fact that Jerry Jones said his team had so many problems he didn't have enough fingers to point at em' struck me...I see the Cowboys as dumping useless players/coaches and starting over.

Maybe Tony Romo gets replaced by Andrew Luck if he declares, second coming of Troy Aikman anyone?

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Looks like another great choice by Jerruh.

I think Garrett has plenty of ability as a coach, but from what I hear majority of players in that locker room "don't like him at all"...

about 3 hours ago via Echofon
AlbertBreer Twitter

Texecutioner
11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh no, they quit on him. His players always quit on him when he's given the head coaching reigns. Wade is not head coach material. He is however a very good defense coordinator. There's a reason why he's been given a shot to be the top man over and over again. It's because after he gets fired he goes back to what he does best which is build a tough defense. After a few years he finds himself in a position being offered another head coaching gig.

Exactly Herv. Wade is a good guy as DC. Hell, while people are trying to pile on Wade Phillips, at least this man has made it to the post season and even had the best record in the entire NFC his first year there. As sad as it sounds Wade Phillips would be a step above Stupiak as a HC even. Lol!! :mariopalm:

Compare Wade's last few years to Gary's last four and you've got two post season appearences to a big fat zero of Gary's and we'd be comparing Wade's 2 post seasons out of 3 seasons to Gary's 4 seasons of no playoffs.

Wade wouldn't be a bad guy to take over a defense at all. That's what he does. He's a good DC. He's just to weak to be a great HC just like Gary is who should be an OC and not a HC.

Grforces
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Wade Phillips gets fired. I dont see him getting another head coaching job. People seem to think he is a good D coordinator. Would you guys think of picking him up? Even mid-season, if he is good he can provide something to get our guys doing something.
What you think?

Goatcheese
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Deja vu

Pantherstang84
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Wade Phillips gets fired. I dont see him getting another head coaching job. People seem to think he is a good D coordinator. Would you guys think of picking him up? Even mid-season, if he is good he can provide something to get our guys doing something.
What you think?

Won't happen. It just won't.

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Paul Pasqualoni who was the DL coach is now taking over the DC position. I seem to remember how Pasqualoni brought virtually all Dolphins D stats crashing down over his 2 year stint as DC. Ironically, the DL was the only aspect which held its own.

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
3-4???

ChampionTexan
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't believe Wade will ever get another HC job (unless it's as an interim), and I don't believe he will have any difficulty finding a new DC gig for next season.

Let me ask you - if you were Wade Phillips and Bob McNair asked to to be involved with this defense in any sort of role whatsoever, and your choices were:

1. Take some time off, recoup, and enjoy a little down time while waiting until there's more than one team in the market for a new DC, and then pick the job that you like best based on money, chances for success, and whatever else may be important to you.
OR
2. Become associated with the lowest ranked defense in the NFL.

What would you do? (Oh yeah, and you get paid exactly the same amount regardless of which option you chose)

Yeah, McNair is unlikely to do it, but even if he did, why in H-E-Double Hockey sticks would Wade choose to step into this situation during the season?

fiasco west
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't believe Wade will ever get another HC job (unless it's as an interim), and I don't believe he will have any difficulty finding a new DC gig for next season.

Let me ask you - if you were Wade Phillips and Bob McNair asked to to be involved with this defense in any sort of role whatsoever, and your choices were:

1. Take some time off, recoup, and enjoy a little down time while waiting until there's more than one team in the market for a new DC, and then pick the job that you like best based on money, chances for success, and whatever else may be important to you.
OR
2. Become associated with the lowest ranked defense in the NFL.

What would you do? (Oh yeah, and you get paid exactly the same amount regardless of which option you chose)

Yeah, McNair is unlikely to do it, but even if he did, why in H-E-Double Hockey sticks would Wade choose to step into this situation during the season?

Right, I think it won't happen now or in the middle of the season. For all we know Kubiak could be going down with his ship after this season. For Wade it is better to wait after the season.

The only scenario I can see Wade coming here is if this defensive performance continues and yet the Texans sneak into the playoffs. that most likely means Kubes stays around and if that does happen, hopefully Wade can come here and take over as the DC. I must say I feel confident of the coaching duo of Kubiak and Wade, maybe together they could be something special.

After all the Offense usually plays pretty well but often just has to score TOO many points and the Defense gives up way too many big plays for even our offense to keep up.

Scooter
11-08-2010, 08:47 PM
parcells and wade phillips ... new GM and DC?

brakos82
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
parcells and wade phillips ... new GM and DC?

Dallas South? :smiliepalm:

b0ng
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Paul Pasqualoni who was the DL coach is now taking over the DC position. I seem to remember how Pasqualoni brought virtually all Dolphins D stats crashing down over his 2 year stint as DC. Ironically, the DL was the only aspect which held its own.

I have read a few places saying Dave Campo is going to be the DC for the interim.

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I have read a few places saying Dave Campo is going to be the DC for the interim.

From the Star-Telegram:

Paul Pasqualoni is the new DC

In a move that came as no surprise, Jerry Jones tabbed defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni to run the defense. Pasqualoni has been a defensive coordinator in the 3-4. He is the only assistant on the staff with that experience. Dave Campo was the Cowboys defensive coordinator from 1995-99, before becoming the team's head coach, but that was in a 4-3 scheme.
LINK (http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2010/11/paul-pasqualoni-is-the-new-dc.html)

Scooter
11-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Dallas South? :smiliepalm:

rick smith and frank bush? :smiliepalm:

Showtime100
11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
The 2010 Cowboys in 30 seconds. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1bCl4eJNB8&feature=player_embedded)

:doot:

TimeKiller
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I'd take WP as DC in a heartbeat. Now even, would it be all that difficult to take the principles of his 3/4 and apply to 7 guys standing in different places? Hell, just run his 3/4.

IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE

Blake
11-09-2010, 08:49 AM
New HC. Keep Romo. And focus your draft and free agency on upgrading the offensive line, and defense.