PDA

View Full Version : Just what WILL it take for McNair to fire Kubes?

HTown2ATX
11-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I think most of us now realize that Kubiak has pretty much worn out his welcome in Houston at the very least from a fan perspective. But I am worried that McNair's reluctance to pull the trigger will keep Kubes here again, especially if the Texans pull their normal M.O. and start to win meaningless games to get near .500 once they have already been eliminated.

Are we going to have to tank or lose ALL the rest of the games to get Kubes out? This really sucks if this is the case because I CANNOT hope for the Texans to lose, but I caanot stomach the thought of more mediocrity either.

It's definitely a rock and a hard place to be in.

I just don't know what yall think and want to know. Will McNair nut up and pull the trigger even if the Texans don't tank every game? Are you going to root for us to lose to get rid of Kubes?

I don't know which way I lean on this aspect of it, but I do know that I am ready for something different. I'm tired of the Texans being a joke and me by default be associated with a joke with all my Texans gear on my truck, clothes, etc.

:kubepalm:

Mr. White
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
He'll start considering it when he sees empty seats.

He has no problem with a mediocre product as long as there are jerseys getting sold and asses in the stands.

Pantherstang84
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
He'll start considering it when he sees empty seats.

^^^ This. Got to hit him in the wallet where it hurts. Stop buying the merchandise too.

houstonspartan
11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
We have to be realistic here. The situation with the collective bargaining agreement is likely to make most owners pause before changing staffs.

Personally, I don't think there will be a lockout. I think this will all get resolved, because the NFL and its trickle down effect amounts to BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars. There is too much money on the table for there to be a lockout. This will get resolved.

The question is: Will it get resolved in time for potential coaching changes? If this thing gets resolved, say, in the summer, an owner is more likely to just leave their current coaching staff in place.

I think Kubiak has well worn out his welcome, but, realistically, we are probably stuck with him again.

HTown2ATX
11-08-2010, 11:45 AM
^^^ This. Got to hit him in the wallet where it hurts. Stop buying the merchandise too.

Lol. I don't have the funds right now to buy NFL gear, but everyone who gets me any kind of birthday or Christmas gift gets me all kinds of Texans stuff usually...lol. It's too easy of a gift idea.

Even when we do secret santa stuff at work everyone hopes to get me. It's a no brainer.

:mail:

Buffi2
11-08-2010, 11:45 AM
No, I don't think we will lose the rest of our games -just most of them.

I don't think anything short of a 4-12 season will get rid of Kubiak - if that- but I won't root for the Texans to lose.

I am now watching games expecting the worst. I just hope the team isn't playing the games with the same attitude which sometimes seems to be the case.

El Tejano
11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I think most of us now realize that Kubiak has pretty much worn out his welcome in Houston at the very least from a fan perspective. But I am worried that McNair's reluctance to pull the trigger will keep Kubes here again, especially if the Texans pull their normal M.O. and start to win meaningless games to get near .500 once they have already been eliminated.

Are we going to have to tank or lose ALL the rest of the games to get Kubes out? This really sucks if this is the case because I CANNOT hope for the Texans to lose, but I caanot stomach the thought of more mediocrity either.

It's definitely a rock and a hard place to be in.

I just don't know what yall think and want to know. Will McNair nut up and pull the trigger even if the Texans don't tank every game? Are you going to root for us to lose to get rid of Kubes?

I don't know which way I lean on this aspect of it, but I do know that I am ready for something different. I'm tired of the Texans being a joke and me by default be associated with a joke with all my Texans gear on my truck, clothes, etc.:kubepalm:

Feel the same way. To answer your question, Kubiak will have to miss the playoffs for him to get fired.

thegr8fan
11-08-2010, 11:57 AM
McNair isn't going to fire Kubiak. He will probably bring Dan Reeves back in, or some other NFL 'expert' adviser and replace Frank Bush the defensive coordinator. But Kubiak is here to stay. Our offense is too good to fire Kubiak. Our defense is too terrible to keep Bush. And Kubiak signed an extension until 2012. Bush did not, but other Texans coach's did. Kubiak isn't going anywhere till at least after that extension is up. Especially with the 2011 contract issues between the NFL/players.

so to answer your question, nothing. There is nothing on this earth that will get McNair to fire Kubiak. The stadium is not going to be empty and the Texans gear will still get sold, despite everyone's grumbling.

Hardcore Texan
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
2-14

jaayteetx
11-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Kubiak is NOT going to be fired during the season, especially right now, sitting at 4-4 and still very much in contention. McNair fires him now, and this season is toast. Pretty sure he has looked at the success rate for interim coaches in the NFL and knows that for better or worse, his and the teams best chance for the playoffs lies with Kubiak. Now, if we miss out on the playoffs yet again, I think there is a very good shot Kubiak is gone.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 12:22 PM

:kubepalm:

I think McNair is going to wait until the end of the season and see what happens before he makes up his mind.

To fire the coach now, or to announce that he will be firing the coach at the end of the season simply doesn't make sense.

While there are several people here who have already made up their mind, because they think they know how the rest of the season will turn out, I doubt McNair feels the same way.

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Will McNair eat the extension he gave Kubiak? Doubt it

Either way, we'll continue to suck until we bring in a DC that can give us a D that has a sack rather than a vah jj.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Either way, we'll continue to suck until we bring in a DC that can give us a D that has a sack rather than a vah jj.

In addition, we need some players with a little sack, rather than a vah jj.

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 12:43 PM
In addition, we need some players with a little sack, rather than a vah jj.

True, but doesn't that have to do with coaches and the people who bring them in? Players are usually a reflection of their coach, organization for that matter. This organization is soft, which is what we get to see on gamedays.

HTown2ATX
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
To clarify as I did not do so in the OP;

I'm not calling for Kubiak to be fired today or at this moment.

It's basically a hypothetical. When I look at the schedule and try to assess that in conjunction with what the Texans have so far done. I unfortunately do not see playoffs in our future this year.

I of course WANT the Texans to go to the playoffs this year and as I stated will NOT root for the Texans to lose.

Unfortunately I do not see playoffs in the cards this year when projecting against the schedule that remains and thus am worried that change will not be made unless the Texans tank.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM

He gave Carr $8 million & let him walk.

SheTexan
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM
McNair isn't going to fire Kubiak. He will probably bring Dan Reeves back in, or some other NFL 'expert' adviser and replace Frank Bush the defensive coordinator. But Kubiak is here to stay. Our offense is too good to fire Kubiak. Our defense is too terrible to keep Bush. And Kubiak signed an extension until 2012. Bush did not, but other Texans coach's did. Kubiak isn't going anywhere till at least after that extension is up. Especially with the 2011 contract issues between the NFL/players.

so to answer your question, nothing. There is nothing on this earth that will get McNair to fire Kubiak. The stadium is not going to be empty and the Texans gear will still get sold, despite everyone's grumbling.

Pete nailed it!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even after yesterdays loss I went to the Texans store and bought a purse I simply could not live without!:redface: It cost me 40 bucks, BUT, it's CUTE and TEXAN and I just had to have it!! I'm a wuss when it comes to Texan stuff. My daughter is all ticked off at me because I buy everything she wants to buy me for Christmas. It's an addiction and I can't help myself. Maybe I need a 12 step program! :pursefight: I think all us diehards are addicted to our team. Win or lose we will support them, just like some of us did the old Oilers. We'll moan and groan, analyze until our heads hurt, start talking DRAFT months to soon, and this time next year we will all be here doing the same damn thing! To put it simple! We're TEXAN fans to the death!!!

Blake
11-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Missing the playoffs for the 8th year.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
True, but doesn't that have to do with coaches and the people who bring them in? Players are usually a reflection of their coach, organization for that matter. This organization is soft, which is what we get to see on gamedays.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Take Mario for example. A coach may be able to coach him up on some things (i.e. develop a new move), but a coach can't coach him up on heart!!

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Take Mario for example. A coach may be able to coach him up on some things (i.e. develop a new move), but a coach can't coach him up on heart!!

If Mario has a problem I think it may be the ole, "It's okay, you're hurt" or "It's okay, you got a sack already today."

somebody needs to tell him, "don't let good enough be good enough!!"

RTP2110
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Exactly. As much as I can stand them, look at the Jets and how they mirror Rex Ryan and his confidence. I don't like that they're such assholes about it, but their confidence and attitude towards winnings is spot on, IMO. Guys are talking about "Super Bowl or Bust!"

Compare that to the Texans, where Kubiak has his guys saying things like, "It's hard to win in this league" and "We feel like we can play with anybody". LAME!!!

Double Barrel
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM

Gr8 post, man. And I agree completely, Kubiak will be our head coach in 2011 regardless of what happens for the rest of this season.

I don't have to like it, but I believe your post will be the course of action in the end.

Norg
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Another scenrio

-Fire most of the D coaches
- switch to a 3-4
- try again and get some quality Draft Defensive players and in the F/A
-Cut some guys on our D who need to be cut

how would that play out all the teams in the AFC south are 4-3 but us going 3-4 might give us a spark

BattleRedToro
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
But Kubiak is here to stay. Our offense is too good to fire Kubiak.

Is that the same great offense that managed to score all of 3 points in the second half on Sunday?

Mailman
11-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Exactly. As much as I can stand them, look at the Jets and how they mirror Rex Ryan and his confidence. I don't like that they're such assholes about it, but their confidence and attitude towards winnings is spot on, IMO. Guys are talking about "Super Bowl or Bust!"

Compare that to the Texans, where Kubiak has his guys saying things like, "It's hard to win in this league" and "We feel like we can play with anybody". LAME!!!

Eh, that bravado stuff can be a little overrated. See: Singletary, Mike

Runner
11-08-2010, 02:27 PM
What would it take?

A DWI could do it. Maybe even a loud fart if the Kubiaks and McNairs were dining in a classy restaurant.

Something along these lines anyway. :)

HTown2ATX
11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
What would it take?

A DWI could do it. Maybe even a loud fart if the Kubiaks and McNairs were dining in a classy restaurant.

Lol...Kubes drops the chilled salad fork but then uses it anyway under the 5 second rule much to Mrs. McNair's dismay. This causes the "Garcon" to guffaw greatly and Mrs. Mcnair to get a case of "the vapors".

Suddenly, Mr. McNair's mint julip now ruined by the scene, excuses himself to the cigar room for a word with Mr. Kubiak.

:barman:

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 02:37 PM
What would it take?

Nah, Kubiak's the new David Carr. McNair wuvs him

Now, if Kubiak gave Mrs McNair a cupcake with that fart......nah

Runner
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Gr8 post, man. And I agree completely, Kubiak will be our head coach in 2011 regardless of what happens for the rest of this season.

I don't have to like it, but I believe your post will be the course of action in the end.

Course of inaction.

HJam72
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Didn't Dan Reeves (the expert) tell him to stick with David Carr?

gafftop
11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
The fart was the closest so far. Maybe if he acts like Farve or beats his wife, caught with drugs, etc. that MAY do it. Anything less we have Kubiak for a while longer and I am afraid we may have the off/def coaches also .

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Let's look at Rex Ryan.... what do you think would be a successful season for him? 9-7, & another wild-card spot?

What would consist a failure?

Wolf
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM

hell where I live, there is no merchandise in the stores and when I went up in Arlington, I saw a cowboys-Texans checkerboard was it ... however I saw, VY jersey, a eli Manning Jersey, Chris Johnson jersey but no Texans gear ..

so outside of houston, he isn't going to get hurt much..

OzzO
11-09-2010, 08:30 AM
It won't be the season record, as I'm thinking 6-7 wins this year now. I doubt the bottom drops out to 4-5 wins. So it won't be that. And I agree with the above - if I was to guess, we have a defensive staff next year - hopefully not a FoK.

(friend of Kubiak)

It won't be to not buy tickets this year - as a majority are already sold - the money is in the bank.

It won't be to not buy merchandise - that's distributed among the teams.

To make a statement (that won't happen) I think the stadium would have to empty around halftime... vs. the typcial mid-4th quarter.... and if it's on national tv (which the only one left locally is MNF) THAT would make a statement. Wouldn't affect financially, but it'd make a statement.

Edit - ooh, since the whole stadium most likely won't participate in that. What if the bull pen made a statement similar to that? Would they walk out? Hmmm... maybe some signs that say "pay me rick" with a pic of the chin (or other coach of choice - HC or DC, heck even some free agent vets) next to it conveniently brought out when a team is lining up in the endzone or for a FG.

ChampionTexan
11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Maybe even a loud fart if the Kubiaks and McNairs were dining in a classy restaurant.

Lol...Kubes drops the chilled salad fork but then uses it anyway under the 5 second rule much to Mrs. McNair's dismay. This causes the "Garcon" to guffaw greatly and Mrs. Mcnair to get a case of "the vapors".

Suddenly, Mr. McNair's mint julip now ruined by the scene, excuses himself to the cigar room for a word with Mr. Kubiak.

:barman:

Nah - McNair keeps Kubes, and convinces himself that the above scene is a reason to pitch the Texans for Hard Knocks again next year.

"No Roger, I swear - he's exactly like Rex Ryan".

Norg
11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
empty seats

loss of product money

Lossing games

u know the usual

Porky
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Even if he grew a pair and fired Kubes, he would just hire another clone. Look at this owner's track record. Is there anything at all about this guy that shouts "Bold!". Hell no, this guy is as milquetoast as day old wet bread.

His idea of a bold move is subbing in mustard instead of ketchup on his fries.

So if we are wanting Gruden or the chin, you can forget it. It's not in this guy's makeup - hence we will be a losing to mediocre franchise until he meets his maker. Hello Detriot Lions south.

Mr. White
11-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Didn't Dan Reeves (the expert) tell him to stick with David Carr?

IIRC, he told McNair that he could win with Carr.

Then later on that season, Reeves was on Sirius radio and said that he suggested drafting Vince Young.

It's in the board history if you feel like looking for it.

***edit***

Just found it here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32579) if anyone's interested in the trip down memory lane.

SheTexan
11-09-2010, 02:46 PM

Dangit Porky!! I LOVE mustard on FF's!!!! GOOD stuff, and very BOLD!!:winky:

JB
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Even if he grew a pair and fired Kubes, he would just hire another clone. Look at this owner's track record. Is there anything at all about this guy that shouts "Bold!". Hell no, this guy is as milquetoast as day old wet bread.

So if we are wanting Gruden or the chin, you can forget it. It's not in this guy's makeup - hence we will be a losing to mediocre franchise until he meets his maker. Hello Detriot Lions south.

This may be the most asinine post I have read. Look at the track record? This is the youngest franchise in the NFL, and yet you are already saying the owner sucks and comparing him to what be the league's worst franchise over the last 25 years? Really?

I guess. That really comes across as whiney baby because he didn't do what you wanted him to.

silvrhand
11-09-2010, 04:09 PM
If we lose the next 3 games it could be the final straw, and I hate to say this but we could very easily go downhill the next 3 games, it's a road trip..

JB
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
If we lose the next 3 games it could be the final straw, and I hate to say this but we could very easily go downhill the next 3 games, it's a road trip..

We could. We may.

Or we could turn it around and win the next 3.

Will it matter? Not to alot of you people.

Btw, silvrhand, we have had this discussion, we both know where we stand.

Marcus
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
This may be the most asinine post I have read. Look at the track record? This is the youngest franchise in the NFL, and yet you are already saying the owner sucks and comparing him to what be the league's worst franchise over the last 25 years? Really?

I guess. That really comes across as whiney baby because he didn't do what you wanted him to.

That's what it boils down to, but Porky ain't the only one. It's actually a whole bunch of whiney-ass fans pissing and moaning because they didn't get their way.

It's like as is if they're actually stupid enough to think McNair will be the slightest bit influenced by these childish soap avatars. :loser

Porky
11-09-2010, 04:51 PM

If you buy a new car, how long does it take you to realize it's a lemon or a creampuff?

Mcnair is a lemon as an owner. If you cannot see that after 9 yrs you are blind.

JB
11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
If you buy a new car, how long does it take you to realize it's a lemon or a creampuff?

Mcnair is a lemon as an owner. If you cannot see that after 9 yrs you are blind.

That is a terrible analogy. How many football teams or owners are built on an assembly line to be the exact same as many others?

It is apparant you never followed the Oilers during their 38(?) years here. How many other teams have gone 9 years without making the playoffs?

Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Packers, Giants, and many others come to mind.

I guess I'm not part of the instant gratification crowd. I'm just a fan that is going to be rooting for my team. Yeah, I get upset with them. Ask sivrhand what my mood was after last Sunday's game.

But I also know, it really doesn't matter how many rants I have here on this MB, 'cause no one cares except for the other disgruntled fans wanting to beat their chest and rant like they actually have some input.

All I ask, is that when the Texans do turn it around, don't you be jumping on the bandwagon being all happy fan. You just keep your hate for McNair going, and don't ever let up. You can stay a pissed off ranter, 'cause McNair ain't going anywhere, unlike that slug that is now in Bugtussle.

badboy
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Pete nailed it!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even after yesterdays loss I went to the Texans store and bought a purse I simply could not live without!:redface: It cost me 40 bucks, BUT, it's CUTE and TEXAN and I just had to have it!! I'm a wuss when it comes to Texan stuff. My daughter is all ticked off at me because I buy everything she wants to buy me for Christmas. It's an addiction and I can't help myself. Maybe I need a 12 step program! :pursefight: I think all us diehards are addicted to our team. Win or lose we will support them, just like some of us did the old Oilers. We'll moan and groan, analyze until our heads hurt, start talking DRAFT months to soon, and this time next year we will all be here doing the same damn thing! To put it simple! We're TEXAN fans to the death!!!And I appreciate your addiction er.. loyalty. signed Bob McNair

Texanmike02
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
OK. Just a blind post but I don' t think, barring an absolute collapse (2-6 or so in the 2nd half) that Kubiak loses his job.

Just a hunch but I am thinking that we knew going into the year that the secondary situation is what it is. I imagine Kubiak going into the office and saying (or smith... I don't know)

"Mr. Mcnair, I can go younger and try to bring along a bunch of kids or I can retain some vets, maybe sign one, and we'll go that route... up to you.. but we're going to have a lot of youth in the secondary".

I think that Kubiak is either a much better man than any of us give him credit for... by being willing to do what is the best for the future of the franchise at the risk of his job... or he had an assurance that if the secondary costs him the playoffs that he went young and is given another year.

I could be wrong.. I just can't see someone NOT having that deal in place and and getting rid of anyone with more than peach fuzz on their chin.

Mike

Texanmike02
11-09-2010, 07:19 PM

Wow.

Mike

JB
11-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow.

Mike

Yep.

Lee

Pollardized
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Just what WILL it take for McNair to fire Kubes?

Does anyone have pics of Janice McNair and Kubiak in a compromising position?

SheTexan
11-09-2010, 08:08 PM
And I appreciate your addiction er.. loyalty. signed Bob McNair

LOL! Yep, and I'm sitting here drinking a peach daiquiri hoping it will dull the thoughts of my empty bank account!:headhurts:Wonder if Daddy Bob would make me a loan. After all, I'm a SENIOR who has spent a HUGE wad of bucks on his franchise the past 10 years! Nevermind, I'll just keep on drinkin!!:)

Rey
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't know what it'd take for McNair to fire Kubes, and really I couldn't care less.

I just want a winning team. If Kuiak has to go in order for that to happen, I think this will be the year that we find out.

I'm willing to wait out the year and see what's happening with the team before worrying about firing Kubiak.

Doesn't mean I won't criticize the hell out of him in the process though.

Texanmike02
11-09-2010, 08:22 PM

I'm replying to the same post twice. I know I know.. post hog or something... but Porky... I think this is the worst thing I've ever read from you. And I usually like what you say

Lets assume that Kubes doesn't get us to the playoffs this year. That is on average 4.5 years to build a team. If he fires Kubes after this year he will have given an average of 4.5 years to develop a team. In both regimes he will have had sure signs of progress (nobody predicted 2-14... NOBODY. There were a lot of 6-9 win predictions but nobody predicted 2 wins).. in ever season but the last, the team will have made positive progress in every year up to the dismissal. 4 years may be the long of how long it takes to build a program... but considering how bad this team was.... that's not crazy. Look at the success of teams that fire coaches just because the first season isn't a great success.

I don't know man. I think that Mcnair has done everything you could ask as an owner to win. He is letting football people make football decisions. The people he's hired to coach have a good pedigree and whether you like to admit it or not.. Smith has assembled more talent on this team than anything this city has seen in the A.B. era of Houston football.

If you want to ***** at mcnair for something... ***** about the policies we've seen in the parking lot. That is a bigger crime than how he runs this franchise IMHO.

Mike

beerlover
11-09-2010, 08:26 PM
overall class act, as one (Kubiak) to another (McNair) they stand pat

Thorn
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I really donít care what it takes, I want to see a Houston NFL team win a Super Bowl before I die. If Kubiak gets fired, fine, if he doesnít, fine, but then he better damn start doing something with this team if he stays.

Iíve been waiting for a Super Bowl for almost 40 years now since I started watching the NFL seriously, and Iím just as far away from seeing a Houston team in the Super Bowl now as I was forty freaking years ago. So donít none of yall start jumping on my grumpy old ass for beingÖwellÖ.grumpy.

HTown2ATX
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
What sux is that Kubes will probably be here no matter what. I'm not 100% in the soap club but I'm there enough that I think he needs to go depndant on this season. The INDY and SD games have pushed me razor thin to wanting him gone no matter what happens short of reaching the AFC Championship.

If he would at least, with his actioons and not at the mic, show some sense of urgency. Not make statements that there really is no home field advantage when the game starts, it's on me a million times and stuff like that.

If this team were to shake things up dramatically as of now (try to get Wade as DC, maybe bring in Al Harris if he can go, stuff like that) I would at least have some modicom of relief that they are not just being stubborn and going down with what they have. :mariopalm:

Just win G-damnit!!

devo-x
11-09-2010, 08:59 PM
I believe the Texans will win 2 out of the next 3 games

Jaguars (beatable)
Jets (challenge)
TItans (beatable yet tough)

JB
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I really donít care what it takes, I want to see a Houston NFL team win a Super Bowl before I die. If Kubiak gets fired, fine, if he doesnít, fine, but then he better damn start doing something with this team if he stays.

Iíve been waiting for a Super Bowl for almost 40 years now since I started watching the NFL seriously, and Iím just as far away from seeing a Houston team in the Super Bowl now as I was forty freaking years ago. So donít none of yall start jumping on my grumpy old ass for beingÖwellÖ.grumpy.

This hits home. I did follow the Oilers thru the entire history, so I kinda remember the excitement of them winning the first two AFL championships, but it was kinda a "ooo that's neat" thing that lasted a few minutes.

And I'm with you. I damned well better see a Houston team win a SB before I go.

Lucky
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I guess I'm not part of the instant gratification crowd.
You like Kubiak, and I get that. But suggesting the desire to have Kubiak dumped as instant gratification is a crock. This is Kubiak's 5th season. If he doesn't get it done this season (and I said if), McNair has no recourse but to can Gary. There's no way McNair can market this team again with Kubiak at the helm. Actually, he'll need a big name hire at head coach to get the season ticket renewals.

Kubiak has 8 games to get this team into the playoffs and save his job. I get that. Kubiak gets that. McNair gets that.

JB
11-09-2010, 11:15 PM
You like Kubiak, and I get that. But suggesting the desire to have Kubiak dumped as instant gratification is a crock. This is Kubiak's 5th season. If he doesn't get it done this season (and I said if), McNair has no recourse but to can Gary. There's no way McNair can market this team again with Kubiak at the helm. Actually, he'll need a big name hire at head coach to get the season ticket renewals.

Kubiak has 8 games to get this team into the playoffs and save his job. I get that. Kubiak gets that. McNair gets that.

As to the first, I will admit that I am conditioned to expect failure.

As to the second, I agree. He has 4 div. games left to determine the future.

Double Barrel
11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I really don’t care what it takes, I want to see a Houston NFL team win a Super Bowl before I die. If Kubiak gets fired, fine, if he doesn’t, fine, but then he better damn start doing something with this team if he stays.

I’ve been waiting for a Super Bowl for almost 40 years now since I started watching the NFL seriously, and I’m just as far away from seeing a Houston team in the Super Bowl now as I was forty freaking years ago. So don’t none of yall start jumping on my grumpy old ass for being…well….grumpy.

Enjoy the ride and don't worry about the destination, because the simple fact is that some trains never arrive at that station.

Well said, man. I don't get the insults and disrespect toward those fans that are not Sunshine Club members, who don't possess the myopic optimism that is required to continually support a perpetual mediocre product. I don't see the Fire Kubiak folks taking cheap shots at the Kubi-lovers, but I guess some feel that the only good defense is to be offensive toward fellow fans.

We all want the same thing at the end of the day. Disagreeing how to get that 'same thing' is where some folks just can't seem to accept an agreement to disagree without getting personal with it.

72 games is plenty of time to evaluate a coach. It's mind boggling to me that some folks need 96 games to analyze a coach, but to each his/her own.

Loving your team but not liking the coach is no different than loving your country but not liking the president.

b0ng
11-10-2010, 11:38 AM

Yeah, cause you know, Bob's gonna fire himself any day now. Unless you're implying that supporting the Texans is a bad idea because McNair is the owner. I can't tell what you're going for here.