PDA

View Full Version : Jerruh Gonna Make People Suffer

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I thought he was already doing that having people watching his "2010 SuperBowl team."

Jerry Jones: 'I think everybody in this country would agree there's a lot wrong with this team' (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/110810dnspojonessider.44b8f86.html)01:19 AM CST on Monday, November 8, 2010
By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com

GREEN BAY , Wis. Asked this way and that about Wade Phillips' job status, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones chose not to comment following Sunday's humiliating 45-7 loss to Green Bay.

But when he was asked about how he is keeping his senses during a five-game losing streak in which the Cowboys went from at least being competitive to utterly embarrassed, Jones seemed to open up about not only the coach but everything in the organization.

"I think there are a lot of people here that certainly are going to suffer and suffer the consequences," Jones said. "I'm talking within the team, players, coaches. They've got careers, and this is certainly a setback. I know firsthand what it is to have high expectations. I think that unquestionably our expectations were thinking we were something we weren't ... But again, we have so many things that we need to correct and address as this game so vividly exposed and previous games have. So I've got a lot of work to do, a lot of decisions to make, and it's not just one, two, three or four. There are several decisions. [NOT JUST ONE,TWO, THREE, OR FOUR?...............SEVERAL???.........reminds me of a scene with Dr. Evil] I think everybody in this country would agree there's a lot wrong with this team. We've got to address them and certainly I'm the one to address them."

During his radio appearance on The Fan last Friday, Jones answered "yes" when asked if Phillips would be the Cowboys coach for the rest of the season. On Sunday he would not even take the question, but he said he will meet with the players on Monday.

Jones has never made an in-season coaching change since he took over the team in 1989, although he did meet with Bill Parcells before the 2002 season ended when Dave Campo was his coach. As general manager, he said he has to have a long-term view of what is going on with the team.

"At least a long-enough term to think about what we'll be doing next year. But we have seven, eight games left this year, and certainly I don't want to waste one series or one quarter," Jones said. "But I should and do in my role look at certainly the long term, if you want to quantify it as the next couple two, three years. We've got some players in here that are in the prime times of their careers, and I want the most out of them for the team and our fans."

Phillips does not have answers for how the season has cratered. Neither do the players. Only Jones knows what will happen be it today, tomorrow, the end of the season or some time in 2011.

"He's the owner, and he gets to do what he wants to do," cornerback Terence Newman said. "We have no choice but to live with it. ... [He will do] whatever he wants to do."

Changing Jones' job title is not among them, even when he was asked about his role in what has transpired.

"Don't imply there that my role is going to change at all," Jones said. "Don't do that. You'll get something stuck."

Jerruh, you could stop the "suffering" immediately if you'd fire the GM, sell the team and try to test and hone up your lost management skills by opening up a lemonade stand outside Cowboys Stadium. Then, if you're real successful, think of how quickly you could pay off the stadium with a chain of really great lemonade stands.:chef:

FirstTexansFan
11-08-2010, 08:46 AM
So who pulls the trigger first, and gains an advantage in the competition for a new head coach, Jerruh or Bub? My sixth sense tells me we're going to lose to the Sowboys twice this year :(

Hookem Horns
11-08-2010, 10:41 AM
So who pulls the trigger first, and gains an advantage in the competition for a new head coach, Jerruh or Bub? My sixth sense tells me we're going to lose to the Sowboys twice this year :(

Man, I don't know if Cowher would go there. However I thought the same about Parcells.

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Something I don't know if Jones is thinking about is that if he fires Phillips who is under contract through 2011, and hires a new HC............and there's no 2011 season...............$$$$$$$$$

SheTexan
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Something I don't know if Jones is thinking about is that if he fires Phillips who is under contract through 2011, and hires a new HC............and there's no 2011 season...............$$$$$$$$$

I don't think he cares. At least he had the guts to make a change, whether it be bad or good, only time will tell.

The Cowboys quit on Kitna anyway. They truly hit rock bottom when Homo got hurt. JMO!

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Skeletor had enough. I can respect that.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/Skeletor-Censored.gif

JB
11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Jerruh has been making people suffer for a long time...

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Jerruh has been making people suffer for a long time...

Yeh. What GM would still be around after not being able to get ONE win in the post season in 15 frigging years?

CloakNNNdagger
11-09-2010, 10:42 AM

I don't think he cares. At least he had the guts to make a change, whether it be bad or good, only time will tell.

The Cowboys quit on Kitna anyway. They truly hit rock bottom when Homo got hurt. JMO!

With the choice of new HC Garrett, he goes in without additional financial commitment through the questionable 2011 season.

If the Cowboys continue their present course in the 2nd part of the season (and there is no real signs that they won't), by the end of the season despite the die hard nature of their fans, I would not be surprised if we're not seeing the humongous-capacity NFL stadium visually populated like a typical blacked out Jacksonville game.:chef:

Dread-Head
11-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Cha...what's wrong with the Cowboys is Jerry. He's had three coaches who disagreed with him.

1. Landry ...whom he FIRED!

2. Johnson...who QUIT!

3. Parcells...who QUIT!

He likes marshmallows who don't question him to that end Wade was perfect. Jerry needs to either sit the hell down and shut the vugg up and let someone coach his team OR coach it his damned self so he can realize that it's hard being a coach in the NFL, it's even HARDER being a coach in the NFL when you work for a N*******.

CloakNNNdagger
11-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Cha...what's wrong with the Cowboys is Jerry. He's had three coaches who disagreed with him.

1. Landry ...whom he FIRED!

2. Johnson...who QUIT!

3. Parcells...who QUIT!

He likes marshmallows who don't question him to that end Wade was perfect. Jerry needs to either sit the hell down and shut the vugg up and let someone coach his team OR coach it his damned self so he can realize that it's hard being a coach in the NFL, it's even HARDER being a coach in the NFL when you work for a N*******.

Even Snyder finally gave it up with Shanahan. EVERYONE recognizes the REAL problem EXCEPT Jerruh.

Cowlishaw: Is it time for Jerry Jones to point the finger at himself?
With 7 coaching changes in 21 years, maybe the GM is the problem

12:57 AM CST on Tuesday, November 9, 2010
COLUMN By TIM COWLISHAW / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING The Cowboys' master salesman and eternal optimist was off his game Monday afternoon. Jerry Jones, for once, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in front of cameras and notepads.

Jones made his seventh head coaching change in 21 years as owner of the Cowboys, announcing a move that was anything but unexpected. Fans and the media had been asking for weeks what was keeping him from firing Wade Phillips, whose defense had become woefully inept, and replacing him with coordinator Jason Garrett ... whose offense wasn't playing that much better, to be honest, but it was the only choice Jones had.

That's why he stalled, hoping for a miracle. That's why Jones, in his own words, remained "in denial" until Sunday's nationally televised 45-7 loss in Green Bay hammered home the obvious.

The Cowboys at 1-7 are anything but playoff bound, much less headed for the Super Bowl scheduled for Cowboys Stadium. Still, just to maintain hope that the players will perform with a renewed sense of accountability, Phillips had to go.

A bad team with a backup quarterback is in the hands of Garrett now. Jones made it clear that he could remove the "interim" tag from the head coach's title "if the team plays outstanding and we have success."

OK. Given the impossibility of that statement, what's Garrett's second option for hanging onto the job?

Realistically, there are three ways that Jones can go with this change.

One is that the team performs better (let's remove "outstanding" from the criteria) and Garrett shows something in his presence that leads people to believe he can deliver as a head coach in 2011.

That one's unlikely but not impossible.

Next up is that the team fails to display improvement and Jones realizes that to keep filling his Arlington palace, a bigger name must be hired.

Enter Bill Cowher or possibly (but not likely) Jon Gruden or (even less likely) a college coach hoping to prove himself in the NFL.

That's the most likely result, but there's one more.

It's the one Cowboys fans have been clamoring to see for more than a decade. It's one most of us in the media rule out because of Jones' repeated denials of it ever being an option, but after Monday, I'm no longer sure.

That's Jones stepping aside and hiring a general manager and (heaven forbid) letting him hire the next head coach.

It's how pretty much 29 other NFL organizations do the job. Cincinnati has its own system with owner Mike Brown, and no one really knows what's going on in Oakland these days with Al Davis.

But look at any Super Bowl winner of the last 15 years and you find franchises that have ownership and then a general manager and then a coaching staff.

What a concept.

Jones has never considered this an option. He contends that as a general manager with no worries of being fired, he's more willing to take on risks that bring winning results.

It's not a bad rationale except for the fact that it simply hasn't worked that way. When this season ends, the Cowboys will have won one playoff game in 14 years. They will have missed the playoffs seven times in 11 seasons.

If not for the star on the helmet, their international appeal and a storied history that fades from memory, the Cowboys could be the Carolina Panthers or the Seattle Seahawks.

Except for those teams' more recent trips to Super Bowls, of course.

I have seen Jerry work his magic on media doubters, shouting, "Chan is the Man!" at Gailey's awkward news conference or introducing Terrell Owens while head coach Bill Parcells was practically hiding from the news in Florida.

Jones didn't look or sound like that guy Monday. He looked beaten. He looked like a magician whose trick had been exposed and he had nothing left up his sleeves.

When he talked Monday about the Cowboys producing wins under Garrett, Jones was not as believable as he had been immediately after the Green Bay loss. That was when his anger flashed and he said he "didn't have enough fingers" to put a finger on the Cowboys' problems.

Maybe one day the real problem will become so apparent to the Cowboys' owner that he will point an accusing finger at a failed general manager.

That's a change that Cowboys fans will readily believe in, as opposed to a seventh trip around the coaching carousel.

Hookem Horns
11-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Cowboy fans are jumping off the ship in droves right now. Many saying they are done with that team.

Just imagine if the Texans were a relevant team. There would be a good alternative in Texas.

CloakNNNdagger
11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
What Cowboys fans can continue to expect from a Jerruh's led team.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x73/_tarel_/1604_Smoke_grenade.gif

JB
11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
:lol:

hobie
11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
NY will make them think that nothing changed this coming Sunday !!!

CloakNNNdagger
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
This is the only language that Jerruh understands........his pocketbook. If Dallas fans ever want their team to regain their "Days of Glory" where they can leave behind their need to be arrogant to compensate the pitiful Jerruh product, this is the only way it could possibly happen. I don't really "hate" the Cowboys, or even Jerruh. I hate what Jerruh has done to the Cowboys, and to their fans, who during his reign have come to take on many of his own pompous qualities.

Don't go, and Jerry will get the message (http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11/09/v-print/2619116/dont-go-and-jerry-will-get-the.html)

Posted Tuesday Nov. 09, 2010
By Gil LeBreton
star-telegram

From Buffalo to Bakersfield, they could see the problem Tuesday morning.

Twenty-one years. Seven head coaches. One playoff victory in the past 13 seasons.

One owner and general manager.

There are 32 teams in the National Football League, and 31 of them would die laughing if you told them they had to hire Jerry Jones as general manager.

Perhaps, as the newspaper columns suggested, they noticed this only Sunday night, when the Cowboys' dirty laundry was hung to dry on national TV. Or maybe they saw it during Monday's bungling, rambling news conference by Jones, at which he attempted to explain that he had just fired the team's baby sitter.

But let's spare the wasted newsprint. Jones has officially declared himself His Excellency, Owner and General Manager for Life of the Dallas Cowboys.

No amount of Sunday Night Football embarrassments, Galloway columns, or Dale Hansen: Unpluggeds is going to change that. The more we write, the deeper Jerry appears to dig in.

But that's because we've all been howling at the moon in the wrong language.

Jones can't hear us. We haven't been speaking in the only way that Jerry understands:

Money.

You want to get rid of Jerry Jones, the general manager? Stop going to his games.

Don't buy any more Cowboys tickets until Jones agrees to hire -- and listen to -- a real football man.

Don't buy any more Cowboys T-shirts. Don't buy any more gameday Party Passes. Don't rent any stadium suites. Don't buy any $14 Cowboyritas. Stop going to his games.

According to the Stubhub website, end zone Party Passes are still available for the Nov. 21 Cowboys-Lions game for $13.95. Beer not included.

Lions vs. Cowboys. Some party.

Don't go.

It took Jones eight games to see that his football team had quit on Wade Phillips. But I'm guessing that he would react much more promptly to the panorama of thousands of empty seats.

Jones has a $1.2 billion stadium to pay for, of which the city of Arlington is covering only $325 million. Add in the NFL's $150 million for new stadium financing, and Jones still has a mortgage for more than $700 million. And that doesn't include what has to be a substantial monthly electric bill.

As he approved the many marble fixtures and finishing touches that were added to the stadium, Jones probably had no idea that the economy would go bust. Worse, he was likely expecting a record amount -- $500 million -- for the stadium's naming rights.

That market seemed to dry up almost overnight. In November 2006, Citigroup Inc. announced that the new home of baseball's New York Mets would be named Citi Field. The deal was for $20 million for the next 20 years -- $400 million.

No new sports stadiums have signed a similar deal since.

It was expected that the New York Giants' new stadium, where the Cowboys will play Sunday, would attract a naming-rights deal of at least $500 million.

But no deal. As of this week, the Giants' new home is named only New Meadowlands Stadium. As in, Cowboys Stadium.

So that's another $500 million that is missing from Jones' checking account.

Don't misunderstand. No one should take any glee from a local businessman's current economic shortfalls. The stadium is amazing.

But why go and watch indifferent football, when you can just stay at home, drink your own beer, and deliver a possibly franchise-altering message?

This has nothing to do with endorsing or not endorsing the Jason Garrett Head Coaching Internship that was announced Monday. This is about Jerry, a fact that may be reflected in the tickets for the Cowboys-Lions game that were still available online Tuesday night -- as low as $15-17 in the upper reserved section.

True, enough empty seats may raise the specter of a local TV blackout. According to my research, the Cowboys haven't had one since 1990.

There are ways around that now, however, in this Internet age. Ustream and Justin.tv are popular Web streaming sites for sports blackouts.

It's not legal, but how badly do you want a new Cowboys general manager?

Bill Polian of the Colts, Kevin Colbert of the Steelers, Jerry Reese of the Giants, Mickey Loomis of the Saints -- what do they have in common, besides all working for winning football teams? They're NFL general managers. Football guys.

Good football guys.

If you ever want to see one here again, don't go.

CloakNNNdagger
11-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer see some big problems in Big D (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-farmer-20101112,0,641355.column)

Jimmy Johnson sees the "pathology" known as Jerry Jones.

"Jerry will never change," he said. "Jerry wants to be right in the middle of it. That's why he paid all that money to buy them.

Barry Switzer, who during his stint was too busy either trying to stay sober or recovering from the team's wild parties, chimes in with his thoughts.

False Start
11-12-2010, 09:23 AM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9687/jerrah.png

Dread-Head
11-12-2010, 10:43 AM
What Cowboys fans can continue to expect from a Jerruh's led team.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x73/_tarel_/1604_Smoke_grenade.gif

You know what WOULD be cool? Jerry and Bud in the ring. Three rounds for charity. The real winner would be anyone at home watching these billionaire-buttholes beat each other up.