PDA

View Full Version : Kubes haters who do u want ????

Norg
11-08-2010, 12:58 AM
FOr all the Kube haters who do u want to replace Kubes right now ???????????

and dont rule out cordnatiors or college Coaches

Goatcheese
11-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Jack Brolin

TexansSeminole
11-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Bobby Bowden?

Norg
11-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Jack Brolin

who ?????????????

Norg
11-08-2010, 01:05 AM
how about

Gary Patterson

Goatcheese
11-08-2010, 01:06 AM
who ?????????????

\/ ---- click there

DerekLee1
11-08-2010, 01:07 AM
We need a defensive minded coach in here now that Kubiak has fixed the offense. A 3-4 guy since the 4-3 isn't working. And someone with head coaching experience, because we don't want any more rookie HC's around here.

Perfect candidate that fills all those qualifications: DOM CAPERS!!

DerekLee1
11-08-2010, 01:10 AM
No, in all seriousness, I'd like to see Kubiak stay one more year and fire Frank Bush and hire Wade Phillips as our DC when the cowboys inevitably fire him.

wagonhed
11-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Gruden

Hookem Horns
11-08-2010, 02:12 AM
No, in all seriousness, I'd like to see Kubiak stay one more year and fire Frank Bush and hire Wade Phillips as our DC when the cowboys inevitably fire him.

I would be OK with keeping Kubiak on as an OC however that would not happen.

I am obviously in the "Chin" camp though I can't see McNair bringing in a real coach.

Perfect candidate that fills all those qualifications: DOM CAPERS!!

Capers is a great defensive mind however as we saw he is not HC material. Just like Kubiak he is not a motivator or a## kicker. Wade Phillips is in the same boat. All of these guys are great coaches as coordinators however not head coaches.

Give me a staff with Bill Cowher as the HC, Capers or Phillips as the DC, and Kubiak as the OC and now you are talking.

SheTexan
11-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Gruden

Wouldn't work. He can't get his head out of Payton Mannings butt long enough to even think about it. The only HC job he would take would be with the Colts. Then he could hero worship every damn day.

gtexan02
11-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I want Peyton to be our coach. Kills 2 birds with one stone, and gives us "the pact" that he has made

BigBull17
11-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't work. He can't get his head out of Payton Mannings butt long enough to even think about it. The only HC job he would take would be with the Colts. Then he could hero worship every damn day.

Oh my God, the Monday Night game was slightly uncomfortable, wasn't it?

Mr. White
11-08-2010, 09:11 AM
There's already about 8 pages of answers in this thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77138).

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Bill Cowher. No more dicking around.

silvrhand
11-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Do coaches salary get included in the salary cap?

axman40
11-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Since there will be a lockout next season fire everyone NOW!
Hire Infantrycak for GM
Double Barrel for HC
Dread head for OC
TexanBill for DC
JoeTexan for Special teams!
At the very least we know these people know our pain!
:):texans::logo:

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Bob Barker

HuttoKarl
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
After seeing Green Bay dismantle Dallas last night maybe Dom Capers should come back. :hides:

silvrhand
11-08-2010, 10:26 AM

Offer him 8-10 a year and get him in, just open the checkbook..

Ole Miss Texan
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM
No, coaches salaries are not included in the salary cap.

I'm worried about the rest of this season but I think Kubiak stays another year. I think Frank Bush is much more likely to get canned and we bring in a new DC than for Kubiak to get fired this offseason.

I'm more interested in what Defensive Coordinators may come in and make an immediate impact.

Grams
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Bill Cowher - and I want him today!

Vinnie
11-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I've been a big Kubiak supporter, but no longer. Bring in the Chin! I'd become a Soaper, but it makes me smile too much looking at my son throwing me double rods.

K.D.
11-08-2010, 10:47 AM
No, coaches salaries are not included in the salary.

I'm worried about the rest of this season but I think Kubiak stays another year. I think Frank Bush is much more likely to get canned and we bring in a new DC than for Kubiak to get fired this offseason.

I'm more interested in what Defensive Coordinators may come in and make an immediate impact.

My thoughts exactly. Bush has to go after this season & go get Vikings DC (Leslie) after Childress gets canned. His 4-3 scheme has been good for years.

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 10:53 AM
My thoughts exactly. Bush has to go after this season & go get Vikings DC (Leslie) after Childress gets canned. His 4-3 scheme has been good for years.

The Vikes success on D has a lot to do with their DT's up front. IMO, the personel up front is what makes or breaks a defense. Our DT's suck

That said, I agree, Bush's defensive scheme is obviously predictable and...well....it sucks.

Random thought: Why the hell is Ray Rhodes here? What the hell does he even do? Either way, he's been a part of the suckage and must go as well.

DX-TEX
11-08-2010, 10:59 AM

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/rob-ryan-reacts-to-flagjpg-957c2667f50f63fc_medium.jpg

What he has done in Cleveland is phenominal. Even if its just as Asst HC Defense it would spark the pressure on Kubiak. Maybe he will even pop Kubiak in the face during a game.

IlliniJen
11-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Oh, I dunno.

chicagotexan2
11-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't hate Kubiak. I want him to succeed, but it's been 4 1/2 years and we a stuck average. This is not good enough anymore. I hope we can land Cowher, but I think even Gruden would and could do better than Gary. If nothing else then please bring in a DC that can do something with these players.

Mari-OWNED!
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
1. Fire Frank Bush, and anybody on that faculty that calls themselves a defensive coach. Hire John Fox or Marvin Lewis.

2. Fire Kubiak and break the bank on Bill Cowher.

I'd rather go with #1, but I can't say I'd be too mad if #2 came to fruition.

Ole Miss Texan
11-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I think it's just as likely for us to get Cowher as it is for us to trade for Asomugha or make a FA acquisition like a Julius Peppers or Adrian Peterson.

I'd love to have a HC of Cowher's pedigree, particularly his attitude and passion but I just don't see this happening.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
The Vikes success on D has a lot to do with their DT's up front. IMO, the personel up front is what makes or breaks a defense. Our DT's suck

That said, I agree, Bush's defensive scheme is obviously predictable and...well....it sucks.

Random thought: Why the hell is Ray Rhodes here? What the hell does he even do? Either way, he's been a part of the suckage and must go as well.

The Vikings have a very good defensive line coach. He should be on a short list for defensive coordinator.

Karl Dunbar (http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/karl-dunbar/e36af20f-5cb6-4af8-83fa-41ac03e16d94)

http://extras.twincities.com/car/vikings/coaches/300/Dunbar_Karl.jpg

Texan4Ever
11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Here's who I'm looking at for defensive coordinators:

A.) Jim Washburn - Titans ~ He can take undersized scrubs and get them to be productive (e.g. Tony Brown, Jason Babin)

B.) Dennis Allen - Saints ~ Coaches the best secondary in the league in terms of passing yards allowed, has experience working with defensive linemen.

C.) Rod Marinelli - Beasr ~ Was passed over by the Texans for the DC job, his current team allows a league low of 16.6 pts/game which is fourth best.

D.) Leslie Fraizer - Vikings ~ Always gets passed up but IMO one of the best DC in the league.

HC Options:

A.) Jon Gruden

B.) Bill Cowher

C.) Marty Shottenhimer

D.) Mike Heimerdinger - Titans OC

E.) Clarence Shelmon - Chargers OC

Drew_Smoke
11-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I think Cowher wants to stay in NC. That job will be open after the season I bet.

I like the Jim Harbaugh talk. Tell him to come in and kick his bro's arse.

Billick should be on the list too.

Blake
11-08-2010, 03:31 PM

If he gets replaced right now? You would have to promote someone like Kollar or Dennison as interim HC. Then in the off season go out and get your future HC.

Second Honeymoon
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
We can't fire kubiak at 4-4
Give him the rest of the season to turn it around

But if trends continue we need to send out some feelers out to Cowher around week15

This team lacks effective coaching and leadership
Total garbage

silvrhand
11-08-2010, 04:30 PM
1. Fire Frank Bush, and anybody on that faculty that calls themselves a defensive coach. Hire John Fox or Marvin Lewis.

2. Fire Kubiak and break the bank on Bill Cowher.

I'd rather go with #1, but I can't say I'd be too mad if #2 came to fruition.

Why would we think Kubiak can choose yet another DC, Kubiak already had his chance to hire the "RIGHT" DC and he went with Frank Bush.

Texecutioner
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
MACK BROWN!!!!!!! :evil:

axman40
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
MACK BROWN!!!!!!! :evil:
And Greg Davis!
:mariopalm:

Corrosion
11-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Vince Lombardi ? Tom Landry ? ..... bleh give me Cower if we are to replace Kubiak.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Vince Lombardi. Knute Rockne. :cool:

axman40
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
And a pony!
:kitten:

Big Lou
11-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Gruden

Gruden would probably take the job because he would get to see his beloved Sheriff at least twice a year.

No offence wagonhed, but Gruden can kiss my ass, he is a Douche Nozzle in my humble opinion, not that that means a hill of beans.

I loathe John Gruden so much, he makes me want that kornhole Kronheiser calling MNF again, and that's saying something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Genghis Khan!

We have the offense mounted on horses and trample the opposing defense and take their women out of the stands!

We have the defense line up on the opposing teams goal line and fire flaming arrows at their offense and anyone still alive on their bench!

JB
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I want Rock & Roll...you betcha!

Long live Rock & Roll!

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 12:22 AM
I want Rock & Roll...you betcha!

Long live Rock & Roll!

I knew you were ghey, especially with the Joan Jett reference!! :dontknowa

JB
11-09-2010, 12:28 AM

I figured it fit the theme of this thread...

Ghey that is...

Fools gold...

California tea...

not that there is anything wrong with that

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I figured it fit the theme of this thread...

Ghey that is...

Fools gold...

California tea...

not that there is anything wrong with that

:lol:

BTW, change the color on your that last line. The yellow is not showing up so well.. (couldn't read it).

JB
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
:lol:

BTW, change the color on your that last line. The yellow is not showing up so well.. (couldn't read it).

Just a mild disclaimer. If you were that interested, you could use the quote feature to read it unfettered

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Just a mild disclaimer. If you were that interested, you could use the quote feature to read it unfettered

That makes no sense. Change the color of the font... Bastage!

TheMatrix31
11-09-2010, 02:32 AM

It was a Def Leppard reference.

wagonhed
11-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Gruden would probably take the job because he would get to see his beloved Sheriff at least twice a year.

No offence wagonhed, but Gruden can kiss my ass, he is a Douche Nozzle in my humble opinion, not that that means a hill of beans.

I loathe John Gruden so much, he makes me want that kornhole Kronheiser calling MNF again, and that's saying something!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I despise Bill Cowher. I hate the man and I hate the Steelers and it's difficult for me to separate the two. Nevertheless, I would take him as HC in a second. The reason I say Gruden and not Cowher is because I think Cowher is an unrealistic choice, I don't think it will happen.

Really who gives a shit what Gruden's TV personality is. And who cares if he loves Peyton Manning - it's not like he doesn't have good reasons for it. Just because we hate Peyton doesn't mean Gruden is an asshole.

Whatever. I like Gruden's fire and I like his coaching tactics and I like his track record. I think he is the best coach on the market after Cowher, and after Elder Schottenheimer but he isn't really on the market.

Judge Pinot
11-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Why would Gruden or Cowher want to come in and have to deal with the most pathetic group of defenders in the NFL? Looks more like we need a new GM and scout team than a new ******* HC.

wagonhed
11-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Why would Gruden or Cowher want to come in and have to deal with the most pathetic group of defenders in the NFL?
:mcnugget:

OzzO
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Here's who I'm looking at for defensive coordinators:

A.) Jim Washburn - Titans ~ He can take undersized scrubs and get them to be productive (e.g. Tony Brown, Jason Babin)

B.) Dennis Allen - Saints ~ Coaches the best secondary in the league in terms of passing yards allowed, has experience working with defensive linemen.

C.) Rod Marinelli - Beasr ~ Was passed over by the Texans for the DC job, his current team allows a league low of 16.6 pts/game which is fourth best.

D.) Leslie Fraizer - Vikings ~ Always gets passed up but IMO one of the best DC in the league.

HC Options:

A.) Jon Gruden

B.) Bill Cowher

C.) Marty Shottenhimer

D.) Mike Heimerdinger - Titans OC

E.) Clarence Shelmon - Chargers OC

I lik-a dis. Except for Gruden - it's better than mediocrity but quite a few extremely up and down seasons, especially with the Bucs. Taking it all the way gets a pass, but I dunno.....

Why would Gruden or Cowher want to come in and have to deal with the most pathetic group of defenders in the NFL? Looks more like we need a new GM and scout team than a new ******* HC.

'cause he wouldn't be locked into starting the previous HC's first round picks (and admitting that while not a mistake - maybe they shouldn't start right away) when the backups are bustin their @$$ enough to potentially be starting, or at least try something new vs. defining "insanity" every Sunday.

Judge Pinot
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Look I hate the thought of Kubiak staying as much as the next guy, but jesus christ this defense is crippling. I think out of all the mentioned names so far that I personally agree with, Leslie Frazier is by far the most logical choice for this team. A defensive guy who won't put up with the piss poor performances of Pollard and Co. Maybe we can make some FA acquisitions or trades, but as a fan I cringe every time I think about poor Andre Johnson. The dude plays for this city and its fans and we owe every god damn expense to surround this guy with talent. I'm sorry if fans get their feelings hurt, but honestly this team is going nowhere fast with the current personal and coaches on defense. I've officially emerged from lurk mode just because how embarrassing it is to be associated with a team that accepts mediocrity. Maybe it's the play caller, but in my eyes, Kubiak signed his own death warrant by keeping ole Frankie poo in charge of the defense. The only way we can win is if we hang a forty burger.
/End rant.

BigBull17
11-09-2010, 02:32 PM

No. he shit canned an awful DC, and hired an even worse DC. I said that if Frank Bush didn't work out, Kubiak should be handed his walking papers for not bothering to interview anyone else. He dug his grave, now he can lie in it.

Dread-Head
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
What do I want? I want Bill to be elected President of Uzbekistan!

Beer and Metal
11-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I want them to run a 5-7 defense. Sure, that would put 12 defenders on the field, but I bet opponents would only score around 20 points a game.

Norg
11-09-2010, 02:59 PM
THe Colorado state BUfflos just fired there COach Maybe he comes to houston has a cordnatior ?????

Ole Miss Texan
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't know why but I'm just not convinced Jon Gruden would be that big of an improvement, if any. I just get the feeling he's washed up. But heck, he's got the name and pedigree he must be a legend.

Pantherstang84
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't know why but I'm just not convinced Jon Gruden would be that big of an improvement, if any. I just get the feeling he's washed up. But heck, he's got the name and pedigree he must be a legend.

I think Gruden's problems in Tampa Bay were named McKay. Look that defense was talented but old and McKay never did anything to refresh the herd. Monte Kiffin called a great defense but for crying out loud most of those players belonged in the geriatric ward.

I think given a decent DC, Gruden would work out fine here. His offense is almost identical to Kubiak's, but it is not pure ZBS.

gtexan02
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM

Agree with this. Didn't he leave Tampa Bay in shambles? After aquiring like 10 quarterbacks?

If you ignore the 12-4 season in which Gruden was playing with Dungy's team, his record in tampa was 45 and 51.

JB
11-09-2010, 04:18 PM
What do I want? I want Bill to be elected President of Uzbekistan!

Wouldn't Bora-Bora or Bali work even better?

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Agree with this. Didn't he leave Tampa Bay in shambles? After aquiring like 10 quarterbacks?

If you ignore the 12-4 season in which Gruden was playing with Dungy's team, his record in tampa was 45 and 51.

Gruden is the only coach to win a Superbowl against the team he
DIRECTLY built: The frickin' RAIDERS. We prefer Kubiak to Gruden
because??? We're comparing Dungy's construction of the Bucs to the team
Kubiak built because???

infantrycak
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Gruden is the only coach to win a superbowl against the team he
DIRECTLY built: The frickin' RAIDERS.

So what?

That team he built had one good season and then cratered since then. That team decided they could make it without him. So did the team he went to built by Dungy which he won the SB with and then cratered it playing pin the tail on the QB.

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 04:26 PM
So what?

That team he built had one good season and then cratered since then. That team decided they could make it without him. So did the team he went to built by Dungy which he won the SB with and then cratered it playing pin the tail on the QB.

Has Kubiak's team ever had a good year? Will the first time be 2010?

Ole Miss Texan
11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I think given a decent DC, Gruden would work out fine here. His offense is almost identical to Kubiak's, but it is not pure ZBS.
The same could be said about Kubiak though. If he had a "decent DC" then Gary would work out fine here. Our offense is already good... the issue I see is with the Defense, not the team as a whole.

And I think Dungy had taken the Bucs to the playoffs 4 of the 5 years preceding Gruden arriving.
Gruden is the only coach to win a Superbowl against the team he
DIRECTLY built: The frickin' RAIDERS. We prefer Kubiak to Gruden
because??? We're comparing Dungy's construction of the Bucs to the team
Kubiak built because???

So what?

No doubt about it Gruden winning a Super Bowl is awesome and something that is deepley wanted here. But facing the team he just left seems like a competitive advantage wouldn't you think? He knew the Raiders better than any other person did. That "stat" is pretty meaningless. How many coaches have gone on to another team and faced their old team that they built in the Super Bowl?

I don't want to sound like I'm saying Gruden was a bad coach, because I'm not. I just don't think he's some omniscient person that is a hall of fame legend coach that will come in and make us in the next NE Patriots. He's been out of coaching for 2 seasons now, can he come in and be okay? sure, probably... I just can't see him coming in and being a game changer, a perennial playoff type of guy.

I also don't want to sound like a weiner but the time he was in the NFC South, he was facing the falcons, panthers and saints. That is a division that during his tenure there pretty much had the last place team winning the division the following season. There was a lot of movement. It's not like they had a Peyton Manning that owned everything. /endweinertalk

PockyAF
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I want this guy. (http://www.csnphilly.com/11/04/10/Holmgren-Ready-to-Return-to-Coaching/landing_word_fball.html?blockID=345519&feedID=4684)

Holmgren Ready to Return to Coaching?

Thursday, November 4, 2010

According to the Plain-Dealer, Mike Holmgren would not close the door completely on coaching again.

Initially, Holmgren answered "no," when asked directly if he wants to coach again. He retired from sideline after the 2008 season in Seattle, took a one-year sabbatical away from the NFL in 2009 and was hired as Browns president on Jan. 5, 2010. Holmgren is 62.

"No, I'm doing OK," Holmgren said. "Does it sound like I want to coach? The challenge of this is really something for me and I'm enjoying the challenge, but I'd be less than honest if I didn't say I get fired up watching the games. But I also recognize what I was hired to do. And that's what I'm trying to do."

Later, Holmgren was asked if he is totally committed to turning around the Browns in his role as club president.

"Absolutely," he said. "I made a promise and I'm going to stick with it. Now, if I keep wearing a suit or not? We'll see."

Does he have the urge to coach again?

"You're catching me in a weak moment," he joked. "I just came off vacation. No, I love coaching. I'm doing what I'm doing now. That's what I plan to be doing. My commitment is to get the Browns going in the right direction in my role as the president. When I talked to Randy [Lerner, owner] honestly about those things, I am being honest. Right now, that's what I'm going to do."

Holmgren said Eric Mangini's future as coach will be determined after the emotions of the 2010 season settle.

"And it'll take thoughtful thinking," he said. "Wins and losses is not the only criteria. The crummy part of our business is most of the time it's the main one. The most encouraging thing is we've been in most of the games. And we had chances to win the game. It's also the most discouraging thing because we lost the games."

A top of the line, proven winner. Get this, the guy took his team to the playoffs, in his 2nd year of his coaching career. Went to the playoffs 6 consecutive times, including a Superbowl victory in GB. Went on to Seattle, made the playoffs his first year there and then went on a stretch of being out of it, before going to the playoffs again for 5 consecutive seasons, including another Superbowl trip during that streak.

The best part about his resume: Out of 17 years of being HC of a team, he's only had 3 losing seasons. 13/17 years of pure winning. And no, I'm not counting those 8-8 bullshits as part of those 13 year of non-losing seasons. The guy NEVER had an 8-8 seasons(a relief to all Texans fans, I'm sure).

Now, the problem is, will he leave his current job with the Browns to come into Houston as our HC? Well, he has shown in the past that his loyalty does not reside within any organization. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/401975-who-is-cleveland-browns-president-mike-holmgren-a-look-at-the-big-show)

In 1999 the Seattle Seahawks offered Mike Holmgren his long desired dream job combining the Head Coaching position with that of the General Manager.

The man ditched a team that won a freakin' Superbowl two seasons ago to take up a job in Seattle as a dual HC-GM. A team, like ours, that was hovering around the 8-8 mediocrity before Holmgren took over.

The man is opportunistic, and will take any job that he deems is the ideal situation for him. If he is indeed itching to comeback to coaching, and if the Browns continues to beat elite teams and ends up with a decent record, than Magina is likely to stick as HC in Cleveland. So, you can rule him out of usurping him as HC in Cleveland.

Holmgren is my ideal coach for this team, and I'm hoping McNair does everything he can to persuade him to ditch Cleveland and take ranks as the leader of the Houston Texans.

Dutchrudder
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Well, to answer the OP, I would like to nominate myself for the position of headcoach of the Houston Texans. I have been reading this messageboard for a while now, and I have a pretty good idea of how football works. I think I know more than anyone they would possibly interview, and I know more than Kubiak so I should be qualified to take his spot. My credentials are as follows:

- I like American football!
- Showed up to 3 Houston Texans games (1 more than the team has this season)
- I know lots of cool plays, like the Statue of Liberty, The Flee Flicker and the 'Run Foster until his knees fall off'
- I know how to call plays without the other team deciphering the call
- I am an ESPN Insider member so I will always have great info about the league
- Won the 2011,12 and 13 Super Bowls with the Houston Texans on Madden so you know I'm a good playcaller
- At the carnival I won a stuffed bear by throwing a football through a hole, so I would be good at coaching the QB
- I have memorized and can recite the phrase 'It's all on me' and I will never call out players for pulling a 'Lebron' (looking at you, MARIO)
- I would have picked McCourty 1st round this year, Clay Matthews last year and used my time machine to go back and fix the Travis Johnson and Okoye picks
- I would have traded for Peyton Hillis, traded for Alphonso Smith, signed Fujita, signed Bodden and signed Randy Moss off waivers.
- I will trade Frank Bush for Dom Capers or a wheel of cheddar cheese, whichever works for them
- I promise to bring doughnuts and kolaches to every team meeting
- I will not support the raising of beer and food prices, but I won't publicly denounce it
- My second favorite team is the Cleveland Browns, so I am used to losing and it won't get me down but I won't expect to win either
- I'm an Aggie

I hope this helps you all understand my position and how qualified I am for the job. Mr. McNair, please PM me with an offer and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm done playing Xbox (bout to win my 4th super bowl with the Texans). Let me know if you want a dynasty, otherwise enjoy hiring one of those losers out there. PSSST, there's a reason they don't have a job!

Pantherstang84
11-09-2010, 10:24 PM
The same could be said about Kubiak though. If he had a "decent DC" then Gary would work out fine here.

How many DC hires did Gruden wiff on? How many has Kubiak wiffed on? At least Gruden realized a good DC was already in Tampa Bay and kept him.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
It was a Def Leppard reference.

Forgive the buzz! You are correct..

Wow!! That's so much better! :rolleyes:

:D

Texecutioner
11-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I want this guy. (http://www.csnphilly.com/11/04/10/Holmgren-Ready-to-Return-to-Coaching/landing_word_fball.html?blockID=345519&feedID=4684)

A top of the line, proven winner. Get this, the guy took his team to the playoffs, in his 2nd year of his coaching career. Went to the playoffs 6 consecutive times, including a Superbowl victory in GB. Went on to Seattle, made the playoffs his first year there and then went on a stretch of being out of it, before going to the playoffs again for 5 consecutive seasons, including another Superbowl trip during that streak.

The best part about his resume: Out of 17 years of being HC of a team, he's only had 3 losing seasons. 13/17 years of pure winning. And no, I'm not counting those 8-8 bullshits as part of those 13 year of non-losing seasons. The guy NEVER had an 8-8 seasons(a relief to all Texans fans, I'm sure).

Now, the problem is, will he leave his current job with the Browns to come into Houston as our HC? Well, he has shown in the past that his loyalty does not reside within any organization. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/401975-who-is-cleveland-browns-president-mike-holmgren-a-look-at-the-big-show)

The man ditched a team that won a freakin' Superbowl two seasons ago to take up a job in Seattle as a dual HC-GM. A team, like ours, that was hovering around the 8-8 mediocrity before Holmgren took over.

The man is opportunistic, and will take any job that he deems is the ideal situation for him. If he is indeed itching to comeback to coaching, and if the Browns continues to beat elite teams and ends up with a decent record, than Magina is likely to stick as HC in Cleveland. So, you can rule him out of usurping him as HC in Cleveland.

Holmgren is my ideal coach for this team, and I'm hoping McNair does everything he can to persuade him to ditch Cleveland and take ranks as the leader of the Houston Texans.

I'd take Mike Holmgren in a heartbeat!!! Throw a ton of money at him and I'd be stoked.

dalemurphy
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Experienced coaches that I would interview:
Bill Cowher
Schottenheimer... that's right, Marty Schottenheimer (love him)
John Fox
Gregg Williams

guys w/o NFL head coaching experience I'd interview:
Jim Harbaugh
Brian Schottenheimer
Gary Patterson

that's certainly not a complete list, but there are some names that come to mind... One major thing to consider when changing a staff and looking for immediate results is the candidates' ability to assemble a quality coaching staff immediately.

Scooter
11-09-2010, 10:54 PM
there are only two guys i'd give real consideration over retaining kubiak. john fox and bill cowher. cowher's not going to happen, so that leaves fox. it's a little funny though that cowher's mentioned because of his tenure and the rooney's insistance upon stability and building the team through the draft - those being major reasons we're wanting a new coach. we all love his intensity, but cowher may very well lose such a young team very quickly.

fox coaches a more than capable 43 scheme and is a very diverse but run oriented head coach. he could do some really good things with our current cap status. he's got experience coaching, teaching, and building up young players (especially in the secondary), and would be gifted a 99% complete offense to work with. as a defensive coach with that many draft picks and money to work with, he'd be able to do a heck of a lot of good on defense without imploding our offense - assuming he keeps several offensive coaches to maintain our scheme through the transition.

that leads to my uncertainty though. the offense is complete, and i'm assuming we want to keep that design in place. everything we fail with is on defense and why i'm in favor of keeping kubiak ... instead finding a big name defensive coordinator (maybe even fox) who can realistically make the necessary changes. while stuck in mediocrity, we'd be elite if our defense could win even 3 games each season.

dalemurphy
11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
there are only two guys i'd give real consideration over retaining kubiak. john fox and bill cowher. cowher's not going to happen, so that leaves fox. it's a little funny though that cowher's mentioned because of his tenure and the rooney's insistance upon stability and building the team through the draft - those being major reasons we're wanting a new coach. we all love his intensity, but cowher may very well lose such a young team very quickly.

fox coaches a more than capable 43 scheme and is a very diverse but run oriented head coach. he could do some really good things with our current cap status. he's got experience coaching, teaching, and building up young players (especially in the secondary), and would be gifted a 99% complete offense to work with. as a defensive coach with that many draft picks and money to work with, he'd be able to do a heck of a lot of good on defense without imploding our offense - assuming he keeps several offensive coaches to maintain our scheme through the transition.

that leads to my uncertainty though. the offense is complete, and i'm assuming we want to keep that design in place. everything we fail with is on defense and why i'm in favor of keeping kubiak ... instead finding a big name defensive coordinator (maybe even fox) who can realistically make the necessary changes. while stuck in mediocrity, we'd be elite if our defense could win even 3 games each season.

Cowher is a special teams coach. So, you don't get him because he is an offensive or defensive genius. However, what he proved, is the ability to win with amidst changes in the coaching staff and in personnel. It is that flexibility and winning mentality that he created and nurtured there that makes him a good choice. But, I wouldn't blindly offer him the job. I would need to see his plan for coordinators and staff heading into 2011.

noxiousdog
11-10-2010, 12:02 AM
One thing that scares me about Cowher is he did it all with a great Steelers organization and Dick Lebeau.

Gruden managed it with two terrible organizations (by all accounts).

dalemurphy
11-10-2010, 12:11 AM
One thing that scares me about Cowher is he did it all with a great Steelers organization and Dick Lebeau.

Gruden managed it with two terrible organizations (by all accounts).

Dick Labeau left the Steelers after 1996 and didn't return until 2004.

Scooter
11-10-2010, 12:20 AM
edit.

Lucky
11-10-2010, 12:25 AM
that's also my concern with cowher. as dale said, cowher's not truely on either side of the ball
Well, dale is wrong. Cowher was the coordinator for consistent top 10 defenses in KC prior to becoming Steelers head coach. To suggest that Cowher had little effect on the development of those great Steeler defenses is absurd.

ChampionTexan
11-10-2010, 12:25 AM
I think Gruden's problems in Tampa Bay were named McKay. Look that defense was talented but old and McKay never did anything to refresh the herd. Monte Kiffin called a great defense but for crying out loud most of those players belonged in the geriatric ward.

They were only together for two years. McKay left Tampa Bay to go to Atlanta after the 2003 season (actually, very late during the 2003 season). Gruden was with the Bucs five more years after Mckay left.

During those 5 years, the Bucs Defense finished in the top 5 three times, and the top 10 one other time on yardage, and in the top 10 four times on points allowed. They were top 10 in both categories in Gruden's final year. Offense on the other hand never finished higher than 14th in either yards or scoring during those 5 years.

Makes it a little hard to see how Gruden's problems in Tampa Bay were named McKay.

dalemurphy
11-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Well, dale is wrong. Cowher was the coordinator for consistent top 10 defenses in KC prior to becoming Steelers head coach. To suggest that Cowher had little effect on the development of those great Steeler defenses is absurd.

I wasn't trying to suggest that he had no part in the good defenses in Pittsburgh. I was attempting to make the point that his greatest strength as a coach lies elsewhere, which is why I pointed out that he coached with a lot of different coordinators and mentioned that Labeau left Pittsburgh for 7 years of Cowher's coaching reign.

noxiousdog
11-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Dick Labeau left the Steelers after 1996 and didn't return until 2004.

Granted he had crappy QBs, but he averaged only 8.8 wins per year during that time frame.

Scooter
11-10-2010, 02:18 AM
edit.

b0ng
11-10-2010, 09:41 AM

This right here. Gruden was a giant dick that couldn't win once the Dungy built team went off to free agency. For an offensive "mastermind" his Bucs teams were absolutely worse offensively than anything Kubiak has really put out there (David Carr 2006 year excluded).

Now if all you Gruden lovers were saying "Tony Dungy" instead I'd have a ton more respect for your opinions.

Ole Miss Texan
11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
You know I might not be totally against a coach that doesn't have a huge strength on one side of the ball vs. the other... that is, only if he's a proven experienced guy. In Cowher's case (whether he's strong at defense or not) I see a Head Coach that's a leader, a win-at-all-costs type of guy, a motivator and a fierce competitor. I think that's what people here want more than anything.

Another idea for you guys. Forgive my ignorance about John Fox... but if, maybe it's a huge if, a guy like him would come here for the Defensive Coordinator job then you'd have a guy that could step up to the HC position if Kubiak doesn't get it done.

McNair likes stability, our defense has been awful. Keep Kubiak as HC and our Top 5/10 Offense and hire a new DC to take over the defense. If defense improves and we like the DC but Kubiak still can't get it done as the head honcho.... you have a guy in the DC spot that can get promoted to HC. That leaves Kubiak (stability) here another year or two and in the event the DC steps up.. that maintains the continuity in a sense b/c everyone is familiar with him.

HuttoKarl
11-10-2010, 10:17 AM
How about Marvin Lewis? He's done with Cincy after this year because they won't hire scouts or GM's. He turned a Bengals team that was pathetic into a playoff team. He's a defensive minded coach and I'd welcome him in Houston.

b0ng
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
How about Marvin Lewis? He's done with Cincy after this year because they won't hire scouts or GM's. He turned a Bengals team that was pathetic into a playoff team. He's a defensive minded coach and I'd welcome him in Houston.

Lewis has also turned that playoff team back into a turd. Also, I think Mike Brown keeps him because as much as people ***** about McNair around here, McNair ain't got shit on Brown for being a tightwad, and Lewis won't be expensive.

HuttoKarl
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Lewis has also turned that playoff team back into a turd. Also, I think Mike Brown keeps him because as much as people ***** about McNair around here, McNair ain't got shit on Brown for being a tightwad, and Lewis won't be expensive.

Give that coach some scouts and a GM who have half a brain and we're Super Bowl Bound.

TheMatrix31
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
The one thing I want is for people to stop ****ing using the word "hater" in all its' iterations.

Texan4Ever
11-10-2010, 06:53 PM
The one thing I want is for people to stop ****ing using the word "hater" in all its' iterations.

Haters gonna hate!

DexmanC
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Give that coach some scouts and a GM who have half a brain and we're Super Bowl Bound.

Lewis is a prime example of a good coach handcuffed by ownership.
Brown constantly screws up the roster, and challenges Marvin to
deal with it.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Billick?

I wouldn't mind him in Houston.

Lucky
11-10-2010, 07:53 PM
cowher has a total of 4 years experience as a defensive coach in the NFL - between a position coach for the browns and coordinator for the chiefs. sure he's a defense oriented head coach, but he's far from someone i'd consider running a defense by himself ...
This is ridiculous. Here is Cowher's coaching history in the NFL (pro-football-reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/CowhBi0.htm)):

Full Coaching HistoryGlossary (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/about/glossary.htm) CSV PRE

Year Age Level Employer Role
1985 28 NFL Cleveland Browns (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/1985.htm) Special Teams
1986 29 NFL Cleveland Browns (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/1986.htm) Special Teams
1987 30 NFL Cleveland Browns (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/1987.htm) Secondary
1988 31 NFL Cleveland Browns (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/1988.htm) Secondary
1989 32 NFL Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1989.htm) Defensive Coordinator
1990 33 NFL Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1990.htm) Defensive Coordinator
1991 34 NFL Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1991.htm) Defensive Coordinator
1992 35 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1992.htm) Head Coach
1993 36 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1993.htm) Head Coach
1994 37 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1994.htm) Head Coach
1995 38 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1995.htm) Head Coach
1996 39 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1996.htm) Head Coach
1997 40 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1997.htm) Head Coach
1998 41 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1998.htm) Head Coach
1999 42 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1999.htm) Head Coach
2000 43 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2000.htm) Head Coach
2001 44 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2001.htm) Head Coach
2002 45 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2002.htm) Head Coach
2003 46 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2003.htm) Head Coach
2004 47 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2004.htm) Head Coach
2005 48 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2005.htm) Head Coach
2006 49 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2006.htm) Head CoachThat's 2 years as a secondary coach, 3 years as a defensive coordinator (all before his 35th birthday), and 15 years game as a successful NFL head coach. And you wouldn't want him running your defense? You think that he has a weaker grasp of the game of football than Gary Kubiak? I'll tell you how Cowher is different from Kubiak. Cowher wins. What else do you really need to know?

And I hope that Bob McNair doesn't have the loser mentality that would lead to believing Cowher wouldn't come here. McNair never gave up on obtaining an expansion franchise for Houston. He should show the same resolve in trying to obtain the best possible head coach for his franchise.

steelbtexan
11-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Billick wold be fine.

Bong who would you like Smithiak and 5 more yrs of mediocrity? How about 10 yrs?

Give me a proven GM/HC that can get this franchise on solid ground for the 1st time since it's inception. Holmgren said he's getting the itch to coach again. Gruden/Schottenheimer/Fox etc... all have more exprience winning big games than the whole Smithiak regime combined.

But whatever lets keep mediocrity alive.

Houston Texas, WHERE FANS ACCEPTANCE OF MEDICORE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS LIVES.

How's that for a new city slogan.

JB
11-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Billick wold be fine.

There has to be a reason he has not been interviewed for a HC job in the last... what, five yrs?

Bong who would you like Smithiak and 5 more yrs of mediocrity? How about 10 yrs?

Give me a proven GM/HC that can get this franchise on solid ground for the 1st time since it's inception. Holmgren said he's getting the itch to coach again.
He also said he was enjoying what he was currently doing, and never hinted he wanted to leave Cleveland. But yes, he did say that perhaps he could see himself coaching in Cleveland.
Gruden/Schottenheimer/Fox etc... all have more exprience winning big games than the whole Smithiak regime combined.

But whatever lets keep mediocrity alive.

Houston Texas, WHERE FANS ACCEPTANCE OF MEDICORE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS LIVES.

How's that for a new city slogan.

I would like to see, at least once, for a soaper to do something Kubiak does not seem able to do. That is come up with something new instead of regurgitating the same old mantra over and over again.

We all know that ya'll are fed up with Kubiak. How about some constructive criticism for once?

Pantherstang84
11-10-2010, 08:51 PM
I would like to see, at least once, for a soaper to do something Kubiak does not seem able to do. That is come up with something new instead of regurgitating the same old mantra over and over again.

We all know that ya'll are fed up with Kubiak. How about some constructive criticism for once?

See thread title. I think you are in the wrong thread.

wagonhed
11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm honestly curious and don't know enough about football history to answer this question. If someone could sum up for me in a non-hyperbolic, factual way, why Bill Cowher is an excellent coach and Jon Gruden is a bad coach, I'd appreciate it. I really like Gruden but if there are good reasons I shouldn't I'd like to hear them.

Pantherstang84
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm honestly curious and don't know enough about football history to answer this question. If someone could sum up for me in a non-hyperbolic, factual way, why Bill Cowher is an excellent coach and Jon Gruden is a bad coach, I'd appreciate it. I really like Gruden but if there are good reasons I shouldn't I'd like to hear them.

I like Gruden myself. He might have gotten carried away in TB with the QB situation. Honestly, I think he was searching for "the guy" and never found him.

wagonhed
11-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I like Gruden myself. He might have gotten carried away in TB with the QB situation. Honestly, I think he was searching for "the guy" and never found him.
If that is the biggest problem with him, it seems like we would have nothing to worry about with him as HC considering we have Schaub... ?

steelbtexan
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Maybe when Kubiak stops regurgitating 7-9,8-8,9-7 seasons.

I'll grant your wish. LOL

Until then it is what it is an it bees what it bees.

BTW, Hows that koolaid been tastin lately?

JB
11-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Maybe when Kubiak stops regurgitating 7-9,8-8,9-7 seasons.

I'll grant your wish. LOL

Until then it is what it is an it bees what it bees.

BTW, Hows that koolaid been tastin lately?

Weak buddy, very weak.

steelbtexan
11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Weak buddy, very weak.

I expected a better reply than this.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Check out the draft thread. I've got a ? for you.

JB
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Check out the draft thread. I've got a ? for you.

And I'm a workin' on a response.

b0ng
11-11-2010, 08:56 AM

You cannot comprehend any part of me saying I was not in favor of the Kubiak extension when it happened. I don't know why this is, but it's pretty annoying.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6566/181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Mike Kerns
11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Of the "Established guys" I like Gruden. I think Cowher is a better Coach, but Gruden is a better fit here. If Cowher could convince Dick LeBeau to come with him, that would be a different story.

Of the Coordinators, I really like Sean McDermott from Philly. Mike Mularky also wouldn't piss me off.

After the Petrino episode, I'm not feeling any college coaches. But If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Jim Harbaugh from Stanford.

I wrote a long article about the candidates on Battle Red Blog (http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/11/4/1793406/if-kubiak-gets-a-pink-slip-who-should-succeed-him) about a week ago, if you're bored.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2010, 09:22 AM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zlk53r2pxbk/SndYJWLq4gI/AAAAAAAAB6c/mHQM_lJwmMQ/s400/WaterboyBluray%20Photo%2004.jpg

Dread-Head
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
So what?

I'm with you on that one. Dungy built that team, they FIRE him and immediately hire Gruden. They win the superbowl and Gruden gets all the credit and is hailed as some kind of prodigy...who couldn't do it again. In my humble opion Gruden is another Barry Switzer. He got a Superbowl as a caretaker coach of a team someone else built. He gets NO RESPECT.

steelbtexan
11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
You cannot comprehend any part of me saying I was not in favor of the Kubiak extension when it happened. I don't know why this is, but it's pretty annoying.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6566/181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Annoying is reading the SOS from apoligists like you year after year.

Meanwhile next year seems to always be the year the Texans will make the playoffs under the Kubiak regime. That includes you too Rick Smith.

GuerillaBlack
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm with you on that one. Dungy built that team, they FIRE him and immediately hire Gruden. They win the superbowl and Gruden gets all the credit and is hailed as some kind of prodigy...who couldn't do it again. In my humble opion Gruden is another Barry Switzer. He got a Superbowl as a caretaker coach of a team someone else built. He gets NO RESPECT.

Did you forget that Gruden faced the team that he built, the Raiders, in that Super Bowl he won?

b0ng
11-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Annoying is reading the SOS from apoligists like you year after year.

:mariopalm: So I'm going to let my six year old type this so that you might be able to understand better. Some of the words might be misspelled, but that's okay, you don't seem to really read much anyway.

Eye
was
nawt
een
fayvur
awv
teh
Kewbiyak
eggstinshun

edit: spelling. lol.

Double Barrel
11-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Give me a staff with Bill Cowher as the HC, Capers or Phillips as the DC, and Kubiak as the OC and now you are talking.

That's a dream team of coaching right there. If that staff couldn't bring the Texans to the playoffs, then we'd just have to accept that we're one of those cursed franchises.

Texecutioner
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Now I'm no Gruden fan or anything, but I clearly Don't see how you could come up with this conclusion at all. Dungy may have built that team, but Dungy couldn't take that team anywhere, and that's why he was fired. They had missed the post season one of those years right before Gruden was brought in there. Dungy wasn't going anywhere with that team, and the first year Gruden came in there he led them to a SB with Brad Johnson as the QB and let the defense shut teams down. At the end of the day, Gruden did what Dungy couldn't do with that team and he was the guy that came in there and lit a fire under that team and got them to finally achieve what many people thought they were capable of. Dungy doesn't get any credit for that SB, because he had his chances with that team. Sure he gets credit as far as bringing in talent, but he didn't get them that far and Gruden did.

Texecutioner
11-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Lewis is a prime example of a good coach handcuffed by ownership.
Brown constantly screws up the roster, and challenges Marvin to
deal with it.

You're exactly right. Marvin Lewis turned that Bengals team around twice now while Brown continually screws it up and goes after bad characters, criminals, and just really poor choices. Lewis has been pretty good despite what people think. People just don't realize how bad of an owner Mike Brown is in Cinci and how hard it is to win with the circumstances Brown puts Lewis in. I'd love to see Lewis coaching on another team.

JB
11-11-2010, 07:18 PM
You're exactly right. Marvin Lewis turned that Bengals team around twice now while Brown continually screws it up and goes after bad characters, criminals, and just really poor choices. Lewis has been pretty good despite what people think. People just don't realize how bad of an owner Mike Brown is in Cinci and how hard it is to win with the circumstances Brown puts Lewis in. I'd love to see Lewis coaching on another team.

I would love to see him as DC here

Lucky
11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I would love to see him as DC here
Who would be the head coach?

Mr. White
11-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Maybe Brian Billick wants to get the band back together.

We could call 'em the "Steel Blue Brothers."

JB
11-11-2010, 07:57 PM

I don't know. I guess I would really like for Kubiak to turn it around. Don't know that he can or will.

Lucky
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't know. I guess I would really like for Kubiak to turn it around. Don't know that he can or will.
If Kubiak remains the head coach, how could Lewis become the DC? Kubiak only hires FOBs (Friend Of Kubiak). Is their some connection Lewis has to Kubiak?

JB
11-11-2010, 08:55 PM
If Kubiak remains the head coach, how could Lewis become the DC? Kubiak only hires FOBs (Friend Of Kubiak). Is their some connection Lewis has to Kubiak?

Not that I know of. But maybe that is one of the things that has to change.

Texan_Bill
11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Not that I know of. But maybe that is one of the things that has to change.

JB wants his friend that he grew up with, Glenn "Pop" Warner.

JB
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
JB wants his friend that he grew up with, Glenn "Pop" Warner.

:heh:

HOU-TEX
11-12-2010, 09:49 AM
"I want Mama"

noxiousdog
11-12-2010, 12:22 PM

I think the GM built the team, not Dungy. He didn't even have control in Indy.

Also, after winning 11 games in 99, he won 10 in 00, and 9 in 01. Gruden took that 9 win TB team to 12 wins.

Despite Dungy's reputation as a defensive coach (and perhaps that credit should go to Kiffen), the big success of that 02 tampa team was that they allowed 40 less points than Dungy's best Tampa year (99), and nearly 100 less than the 01 year.

Tampa got old while Gruden was there. They went to the playoffs 7 of 10 years. It happens.

Thorn
11-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I just want someone who will win. My biggest fear is getting a new head coach and going trhrough the same old thing we've been going through for the past thousand years of NFL history in Houston. And watching Kubiak probably coach another team to the Super Bowl. That would just be our damn luck.

drs23
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I just want someone who will win. My biggest fear is getting a new head coach and going trhrough the same old thing we've been going through for the past thousand years of NFL history in Houston. And watching Kubiak probably coach another team to the Super Bowl. That would just be our damn luck.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. If GK, Rick Smith, Bob McNair whomever is/would call the shot would get a tuff hard nose DC in here, I think you'd see this team turn around. I think just like many before me have stated, Frank Bush and his rose petal D scheme have to go. How the meshing of a new DC goes down, I'm not sure. It can't get too much worse.

Tailgate
11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
MIKE HOLMGREN ALL FRIGGIN DAY LONG. He would be the quickest transition due to his west coast offense history.

Lucky
11-12-2010, 06:54 PM
\ And watching Kubiak probably coach another team to the Super Bowl.
:spit: Damn, I've got Coke Zero all over my screen. Thanks a lot.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. If GK, Rick Smith, Bob McNair whomever is/would call the shot would get a tuff hard nose DC in here...
How? What DC worth a damn is going to come in and work behind Kubiak? Good coordinators are employed. They can only get out of their existing contract if it's for a head coaching position. It's a pipe dream that Kubiak could bring in someone that can save this defense. Clearly, he wouldn't know what a good defensive coordinator looks like, anyway.

Either keep Kubiak and live with a crappy defense...or hire a real head coach that can put together a winning staff and team.

LonerATO
11-13-2010, 03:37 AM
I didn't read that many responses on here, but I would like to see

Cowher or Gruden as HC
Marvin Lewis/Samurai Mike as DC - I think both of these guys are going to lose their jobs
Joe Lombardi/Jim Zorn OC

For whatever reason Kubes is here next year I would love to have Bush gone and again either Lewis or Mike as DC.

kiwitexansfan
11-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Jon Gruden.

axman40
11-13-2010, 10:02 AM
A gazillion dollars!Or 5 bucks for lunch.
:goodluck:

Pollardized
11-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Anyone like Rob Ryan? I think Rex has done a good job with the Jets. The competitive nature of that family could make for some very interesting games and playoff races in the AFC.

False Start
11-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone like Rob Ryan? I think Rex has done a good job with the Jets. The competitive nature of that family could make for some very interesting games and playoff races in the AFC.

Rex Ryan dressed up like his brother. (http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/1110-Coach-Ryan-Press-Conference/3c049f31-1ad7-4aaa-a59d-15dc5b66efee)

At about the 1:47 mark.

Pollardized
11-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Rex Ryan dressed up like his brother. (http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/1110-Coach-Ryan-Press-Conference/3c049f31-1ad7-4aaa-a59d-15dc5b66efee)

At about the 1:47 mark.

That was hilarious. Rex talks very highly of his brother. Studies everything, tries not to be surprised on Sundays... Interesting concept.... Bush, you watch this???

gary
11-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I know he'd be a first year HC just like Gary was but I am a fan of Ryan too.

False Start
11-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I think if the Texans make a coaching change, the big names are just a pipe dream.

Someone like John Fox would be someone I could see them bringing in. That wouldn't be who I would prefer, but it wouldn't be a bad thing either IMO.

Lucky
11-13-2010, 03:32 PM
I think if the Texans make a coaching change, the big names are just a pipe dream.
It was a pipe dream for Houston to receive an expansion team over LA. Why would getting a big name coach be any more difficult that that?

On the contrary, I think any coach would jump at the chance to land the Texans job. The roster is full of talented players who are still young. Bob McNair is not considered a meddlesome owner. Unless you're among the "Bob is a cheapskate" crowd, what reason do you have for thinking a big name coach wouldn't come to Houston?

False Start
11-13-2010, 07:01 PM
It was a pipe dream for Houston to receive an expansion team over LA. Why would getting a big name coach be any more difficult that that?

On the contrary, I think any coach would jump at the chance to land the Texans job. The roster is full of talented players who are still young. Bob McNair is not considered a meddlesome owner. Unless you're among the "Bob is a cheapskate" crowd, what reason do you have for thinking a big name coach wouldn't come to Houston?

You're right, I 100% agree.

I just can't see this franchise going out and doing something like hiring a big time coach. Its just the way we have approached signing coaches, coordinators, etc, in the past that has me doubting a big signing. I would really love to see it happen though.

I'm a far from being the "Bob is a cheapskate" crowd, I fricking love the guy for shelling out the big dollars to bring football back to Houston. I have nothing but respect for Mr. McNair. :texflag:

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 08:18 PM

Throw in there, that the GM has a history of getting the coach the players he wants. So far, it's believed that he does at least a decent job.

Lucky
11-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Throw in there, that the GM has a history of getting the coach the players he wants. So far, it's believed that he does at least a decent job.
I don't think the GM can count on having a job here next year. He's a Kubiak guy and the next coach may want his own guy.

JB
11-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Question for all you haters. Do you think the Kubiak should be fired in mid-season? If so, do you really think you would see an immediate improvement?

If not, how about lets save the bashing for after the season, and pull for our team now and talk football.

thunderkyss
11-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think the GM can count on having a job here next year. He's a Kubiak guy and the next coach may want his own guy.

That should tell you a little about this franchise, & exactly where it is. First time head coaches, with no credibility whatsoever do not bring in their own GM.

This franchise was so screwed up, that Kubiak pretty much rebuilt it from top to bottom. Which is why (I think McNair) will probably have more leniency with Kubiak than most owners would.

I'm with everyone here, 5 years is long enough, regardless the situation, so Kubes better start delivering. I'm just stating an opinion.

NitroGSXR
11-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Question for all you haters. Do you think the Kubiak should be fired in mid-season? If so, do you really think you would see an immediate improvement?

If not, how about lets save the bashing for after the season, and pull for our team now and talk football.

It's not even about that. The season's tanked either way so let's get his paws off our team ASAP. He should no longer be allowed to decimate the Texans to the bottom of the mediocre barrel.

"It's on me"... bleh. Send a message and remove him from the dirty bin and get the position washed. Teams are going for it on fourth down against us and SUCCEEDING in the first quarter. Enough and put this cow out to pasture.

JB
11-13-2010, 09:56 PM
It's not even about that. The season's tanked either way so let's get his paws off our team ASAP. He should no longer be allowed to decimate the Texans to the bottom of the mediocre barrel.

"It's on me"... bleh. Send a message and remove him from the dirty bin and get the position washed. Teams are going for it on fourth down against us and SUCCEEDING in the first quarter. Enough and put this cow out to pasture.

And who is going to finish the season? The players have not quit trying yet, but a mis-season firing may very well lead them to.

NitroGSXR
11-13-2010, 10:14 PM
And who is going to finish the season? The players have not quit trying yet, but a mis-season firing may very well lead them to.

Good. Let them quit. Save them from injury. What makes you say they haven't quit yet? There's definitely tension within the team right now. I bet tomorrow will be the final splice on our collective throats. Season's toast. Put 'em n the shelf. We're young enough.

JB
11-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Good. Let them quit. Save them from injury. What makes you say they haven't quit yet? There's definitely tension within the team right now. I bet tomorrow will be the final splice on our collective throats. Season's toast. Put 'em n the shelf. We're young enough.

Have another drink and prepare to cheer your Texans tomorrow! I will wait and be pissed tomorrow night... tonite I am getting drunk and all is good.

Except the Longhorns...

Lucky
11-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I haven't and don't advocate a mid-season firing. I pull for the team every week. I talk football just about everyday.

But, I've also discussed for three years how this team is stuck in neutral. We see the same mistakes from the coaches and players, week after week. When we do see improvement in one area, we see regression in another. It's maddening and I want it to stop.

So what you view as "hate", I see as hope. I've lost hope that this regime can deliver a winner, so I'm hoping that McNair does the right thing and ends the Kubiak era after another playoff-less season. Hate the "hate" if you must, but I'm just keeping hope alive.

gary
11-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Note, why are we haters if we do not approve of Gary as a HC? Does that mean we hate Gary the person? Don't think so. Those who spend their dollars on tickets, grear, and food want and deserve a winner and have not gotten one in nine seasons. All they get is the same old it's on me BS every Monday if that is how Gary feels after every loss then it is time for him to go but whatever. Some of you go right ahead and continue drinking your kool-aid well, that is ok but yet you all question us soapers. Oh, the ironic standards here crack me up. LOL

JB
11-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I haven't and don't advocate a mid-season firing. I pull for the team every week. I talk football just about everyday.

But, I've also discussed for three years how this team is stuck in neutral. We see the same mistakes from the coaches and players, week after week. When we do see improvement in one area, we see regression in another. It's maddening and I want it to stop.

So what you view as "hate", I see as hope. I've lost hope that this regime can deliver a winner, so I'm hoping that McNair does the right thing and ends the Kubiak era after another playoff-less season. Hate the "hate" if you must, but I'm just keeping hope alive.

Note, why are we haters if we do not approve of Gary as a HC? Does that mean we hate Gary the person? Don't think so. Those who spend their dollars on tickets, grear, and food want and deserve a winner and have not gotten one in nine seasons. All they get is the same old it's on me BS every Monday if that is how Gary feels after every loss then it is time for him to go but whatever. Some of you go right ahead and continue drinking your kool-aid well, that is ok but yet you all question us soapers. Oh, the ironic standards here crack me up. LOL

I used "haters" just from the thread title.

You do know that just because we change coaches does not mean we will improve. Remember Ed Biles?

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 10:46 PM
That should tell you a little about this franchise, & exactly where it is. First time head coaches, with no credibility whatsoever do not bring in their own GM.

This franchise was so screwed up, that Kubiak pretty much rebuilt it from top to bottom. Which is why (I think McNair) will probably have more leniency with Kubiak than most owners would.

I'm with everyone here, 5 years is long enough, regardless the situation, so Kubes better start delivering. I'm just stating an opinion.

One could easily adjust the mental picture of how "screwed up" the first
regime was, in order to compensate for the shortcomings of the Kubiak
regime, right?

JB
11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
regime, right?

So other than just regurgitating that they need to bring in a new coach, what specifically do you think they need to do?

Change in personnel? New GM? Bring in a football guru? Fire the owner? Move out of town?

Imatexanfan
11-13-2010, 11:05 PM
So other than just regurgitating that they need to bring in a new coach, what specifically do you think they need to do?

Change in personnel? New GM? Bring in a football guru? Fire the owner? Move out of town?

So u mean bring in Bill Parcells?! :mariopalm:

JB
11-13-2010, 11:07 PM
So u mean bring in Bill Parcells?! :mariopalm:

Just asking a question.

It is easy to say things are bad, I want someone to say how to fix things.

Lucky
11-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Remember Ed Biles?
Yes, he replaced a coach who had taken his team to the playoff 3 consecutive seasons. How is that analogous to replacing Gary Kubiak, who has never taken his teams anywhere? That was a really poor example.

Imatexanfan
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Just asking a question.

It is easy to say things are bad, I want someone to say how to fix things.

I say hire Cowher as the shadow HC for the rest of the season and then fire Kubiak at the end of the season so it don't look bad...then steps in Cowher afterwards...just sayin...:truck:

DexmanC
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM

Bringing in a new coach is the specific thing I think they need to do.
I gain new evidence for the validity of my opinion every week.

We're now 1-3 since the "great" 3-1 start.

JB
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Yes, he replaced a coach who had taken his team to the playoff 3 consecutive seasons. How is that analogous to replacing Gary Kubiak, who has never taken his teams anywhere? That was a really poor example.

The point was that change is not always good, and you know that. I was not comparing Kubiak to Bum, and you know that also. If you just want to be argumentative, I will leave you to it.

I just want someone that is wanting Kubiak to go to say how to fix the team. Because I really don't know. I do know that just changing coaches may or may not better the team.

Obviously I am wrong in hoping my team has a chance to turn it around. Ok.

But if you are so adamant in the belief that Kubiak must go, surely you know what he is doing wrong and can tell me how it should be done.

gary
11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I used "haters" just from the thread title.

You do know that just because we change coaches does not mean we will improve. Remember Ed Biles?The post was directed at everyone not just you. Has anyone noticed that Gary has honestly blamed himself for just about every loss? Wait untill January to fire Gary it does not really make any difference to me but everyone aught to be revaluated in two months. Yes, I mean everyone.

JB
11-13-2010, 11:36 PM
The post was directed at everyone not just you. Has anyone noticed that Gary has honestly blamed himself for just about every loss? Wait untill January to fire Gary it does not really make any difference to me but everyone aught to be revaluated in two months. Yes, I mean everyone.

What else should he say? It is his ultimate responsibility.

And yes, after the season everyone should be evaluated.

gary
11-13-2010, 11:39 PM
What else should he say? It is his ultimate responsibility.

And yes, after the season everyone should be evaluated.If so, then he is not doing it. Right or wrong?

JB
11-13-2010, 11:40 PM
If so, then he is not doing it. Right or wrong?

NOt doing what?

gary
11-13-2010, 11:42 PM
NOt doing what?
His number one job.

gary
11-13-2010, 11:48 PM
If Gary really feels the losses are all on him and not holding anyone's feet to the fire but himself then he is really saying, hey I have not been doing my job.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 12:58 AM

Agreed

Except I believe Kubiak's game management and lack of common sense (running the ball against the Colts) are fair game.

You asked what I would do to fix this organization?
1. Try to hire Parcells
2.If that doesn't work and seeing how McNair wont hire a high profile HC. I would hire John Fox.
3. I would sign a big nasty DT in FA, Franklin from SF or Williams from Minny would do the trick. If I had to over pay a little that would just be the price of doing business. I also would try to add some experience in the secondary C.Bailey would do the trick. I would switch to the 3-4 defense.

Then in the draft I would draft alot of defense
Rd1 Quinn or Bowers (Pass rusher) OLB
Rd2 Jimmy Smith or Brandon Harris at CB
Rd3 Mark Barron or Deunta Williams
Rd4 The biggest DT I could find J.Powe.

Atleast the secondary would be fixed. Fox was a secodary coach as an assistant.

I didn't mean to turn this into a draft thread but you asked for specifics on how to fix this franchise and these are some of the things that need to be done.

What would you do to fix this franchise? Keep Kubes for how long and hope he improves? LOL

El Tejano
11-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Agreed

Except I believe Kubiak's game management and lack of common sense (running the ball against the Colts) are fair game.

1. Try to hire Parcells
2.If that doesn't work and seeing how McNair wont hire a high profile HC. I would hire John Fox.
3. I would sign a big nasty DT in FA, Franklin from SF or Williams from Minny would do the trick. If I had to over pay a little that would just be the price of doing business. I also would try to add some experience in the secondary C.Bailey would do the trick. I would switch to the 3-4 defense.

Then in the draft I would draft alot of defense
Rd1 Quinn or Bowers (Pass rusher) OLB
Rd2 Jimmy Smith or Brandon Harris at CB
Rd3 Mark Barron or Deunta Williams
Rd4 The biggest DT I could find J.Powe.

Atleast the secondary would be fixed. Fox was a secodary coach as an assistant.

I didn't mean to turn this into a draft thread but you asked for specifics on how to fix this franchise and these are some of the things that need to be done.

What would you do to fix this franchise? Keep Kubes for how long and hope he improves? LOL

OMG, this was what I just was thinking so I got on this thread and was basically going to put down all that you wrote.

I agree with Parcells. He's a coach that is going to tell it like it is. He also does a heck of a job managing a game. I believe Dallas had some good seasons under him because of his ability to call a good game.

I have reservations of playing a 3-4 defense because of the chance of an overhaul of players on defense but then again, it's not like our D is any kind of good right now.

My draft would look similar to yours with emphasis on the Safety position. I saw the impact that Earl Thomas has had on Seattle's D and I'm wishing we could have that kind of Safety.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Shouldn't be any argument to this post at all.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Note, why are we haters if we do not approve of Gary as a HC? Does that mean we hate Gary the person? Don't think so. Those who spend their dollars on tickets, gear, and food want and deserve a winner and have not gotten one in nine seasons. All they get is the same old it's on me BS every Monday if that is how Gary feels after every loss then it is time for him to go but whatever. Some of you go right ahead and continue drinking your kool-aid well, that is ok but yet you all question us soapers. Oh, the ironic standards here crack me up. LOL

Explain to me this irony you see.

We've got 8 games to go, let him play those 8 games. I believe that is all the sun-shiner's are saying. You've got some people on this board acting as if they know how the next 8 games are going to play out. If you'd have asked those people how the last 13 games of 2009 was going to turn out, they'd have been wrong.

This season isn't over yet. There are some good things going on. I'd rather not get into an argument about what those are, but there are some good things.

Our last two games, though losses, I think point towards good things to come.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 08:22 AM
regime, right?

This was a loser franchise with a loser mentality before Kubiak got here. It was a retirement home, your "last big paycheck stop"

We were paying gobs of money to get anything that would come to Houston, which put us in cap hell...... is it normal for a 2-14 team to be in cap hell? Paying out all this money, & getting nothing in return?? (It may be, I don't know, I'm asking.)

Mediocre is a huge jump from where we were, on the field & off.

NitroGSXR
11-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Shouldn't be any argument to this post at all.

I don't really want him fired. I'm reasonable enough to understand the difficulties that come with a mid-season regime change but I know what's going to happen today. The Texans are THAT consistent. So... we're going to be embarrassed once again today. Then what? Another helping against Red Ryan? Tennessee at home with all these expectations?

Ugh.

I just wish the entire coaching staff would come down with a real bad case of the flu that knocks them out for a game or two. Let a temp agency send somebody out to tinker with the engine a little bit. We can put a rev limiter and protect ourselves some but we need a second opinion or the Houston fans get demoralized.

Very frustrating to expect us to bungle the ball today. The Jaguars have an opportunity to pounce and they've got the gallstones to do it. Today is going to totally suck.

45-10 kittens.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Agreed

1. Try to hire Parcells

Indy is ranked 29th in run defense right now, because people feel they can beat them by running the ball. 2009, they were 24th in run defense, teams thought they could run on them & win....... Miami tried, held the ball for 45 minutes (Indy only had it for 15 minutes) and lost 27-23.

People put too much in the "ball control" theory to beat Indy. It's about offensive effieciency, just like any other game. Miami had 9 possessions that game, scored 2 TDs, 2 FGs, had a missed FG (0 points) & threw an INT. The Colts only had 8 possessions, scored 3 TDs & a FG, no interceptions.

My point is we could have ran the ball all day long, just like Wk 1... still doesn't guarantee a victory, especially the way our offense played that day. You can't score 17 points against the Colts, & think you had a chance.

I do however like the idea of getting a Parcells type person, but it doesn't need to be Parcells. If we can talk Cowher into that kind of a role, I would be much happier. I can't think of too many situations where a coach had that much control (which Kubiak pretty much does) & be successful.

We need a person in that position, to break things up a bit, limit Kubiak's influence & seperate Rick Smith (who I still like) from Kubiak. If we were to replace one or the other now, I think it would make for a bad situation.

But if not Cowher, JJ (Jimmy Johnson) would do good at that position, or Holmgren.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Very frustrating to expect us to bungle the ball today. The Jaguars have an opportunity to pounce and they've got the gallstones to do it. Today is going to totally suck.

45-10 kittens.

I'm a little slow. Denial runs rampant with me. I'm not sure I believe this "Kubiak can't get them to play" stuff.

But right now, there should be no mistake what needs to happen today. Everyone on this team, top to bottom should know they have got to get it done today, no matter what "adversity" they may be presented with.

No, "just another game" syndrome, no "it's a tough place to play" excuses... no "they're a good team" crap.

They got to win today.

NitroGSXR
11-14-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm a little slow. Denial runs rampant with me. I'm not sure I believe this "Kubiak can't get them to play" stuff.

But right now, there should be no mistake what needs to happen today. Everyone on this team, top to bottom should know they have got to get it done today, no matter what "adversity" they may be presented with.

No, "just another game" syndrome, no "it's a tough place to play" excuses... no "they're a good team" crap.

They got to win today.

Even if they do... next week? The week after? Both are also must wins.

Go Texans.

:sigh:

DexmanC
11-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Expecting soapers to take a vow of silence on Kubiak till the season is
unreasonable. The Texans SHOW what is so "different" about THIS
season.

One doesn't wait till a house is completely burned down, until they stop
calling for help.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Indy is ranked 29th in run defense right now, because people feel they can beat them by running the ball. 2009, they were 24th in run defense, teams thought they could run on them & win....... Miami tried, held the ball for 45 minutes (Indy only had it for 15 minutes) and lost 27-23.

People put too much in the "ball control" theory to beat Indy. It's about offensive effieciency, just like any other game. Miami had 9 possessions that game, scored 2 TDs, 2 FGs, had a missed FG (0 points) & threw an INT. The Colts only had 8 possessions, scored 3 TDs & a FG, no interceptions.

My point is we could have ran the ball all day long, just like Wk 1... still doesn't guarantee a victory, especially the way our offense played that day. You can't score 17 points against the Colts, & think you had a chance.

I do however like the idea of getting a Parcells type person, but it doesn't need to be Parcells. If we can talk Cowher into that kind of a role, I would be much happier. I can't think of too many situations where a coach had that much control (which Kubiak pretty much does) & be successful.

We need a person in that position, to break things up a bit, limit Kubiak's influence & seperate Rick Smith (who I still like) from Kubiak. If we were to replace one or the other now, I think it would make for a bad situation.

But if not Cowher, JJ (Jimmy Johnson) would do good at that position, or Holmgren.

Agreed, thre needs to be a strong leader/personality that can make tough choices running the Texans organization. IMHO (The kids thing is getting old and tiresome.)

I dont care about the Colts and how they compare to the Texans.

What I do care about is seeing a competent defense on the field. So far during the Smithiak regime I haven't seen one. Despite all of the high draft choices being used trying to create an average defense. Look I'm not asking for the 85 Bears. But this is one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

You or I could do as good of a job as Smithiak have done building a defense over 5 yrs. (Hstorically speaking)

The plan that I've put forth would be a step in the right direction. IMHO

noxiousdog
11-14-2010, 11:05 AM
But if you are so adamant in the belief that Kubiak must go, surely you know what he is doing wrong and can tell me how it should be done.

#1 )He's not bringing in competent coaches. The defense speaks for itself, and he doesn't trust his OCs enough to run the game so he can look at the big picture, which leads to ...

#2) During the Indy game, we had a 3rd and 2. He chose to pass (incomplete), and pass again on 4th down (incomplete). Asked by John McClain after the game, "If you knew you were going for it on fourth down, why didn't you at least run one of those times.

Kubaik's reply: "To be honest, John, we didn't know we were going for it on fourth. I concentrate on one play at a time."

W
T
F.

You're the head coach, you're paid to think several plays in advance, if not several series in advance.

He completely lost my confidence with both the play calling and the lack of strategy that caused it.

gary
11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
This team has been very week to week with their play and are four 4-5 right now. If they lose today or even next week then life will be that much tougher. What makes you kool aid drinkers think the secondary is going to all of a sudden be better? Or even the D line for that matter. Last season they threw away games they should have won and then just did the exact samething last week at home. So, what have they done to show us they are not the 2009 Texans? Hardly anything, but the kool aid sure does taste better than the soap.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 01:09 PM
This team has been very week to week with their play and are four 4-5 right now. If they lose today or even next week then life will be that much tougher. What makes you kool aid drinkers think the secondary is going to all of a sudden be better? Or even the D line for that matter. Last season they threw away games they should have won and then just did the exact samething last week at home. So, what have they done to show us they are not the 2009 Texans? Hardly anything, but the kool aid sure does taste better than the soap.

They've been adjusting all year long to Kareem Jackson, changing safeties, changing LBs & trying to find a DLine.

I think they should understand they have to go with what they have now (moving Cushing back outside, Bentley is healthier in the middle now). They've seen enough to be able to put together a game plan.

The Corners have been doing better, over the last three weeks, they only gave up 200+ passing yards once, to the Chargers. Peyton & Cassell were held under 200.

If they get back to what they were doing last year, stop the run early in the game, & the offense has finally woke up, to get us an early lead, our secondary will look like a top 10 unit. Our DL will look like a top 10 unit.

gary
11-14-2010, 01:25 PM
They've been adjusting all year long to Kareem Jackson, changing safeties, changing LBs & trying to find a DLine.

I think they should understand they have to go with what they have now (moving Cushing back outside, Bentley is healthier in the middle now). They've seen enough to be able to put together a game plan.

The Corners have been doing better, over the last three weeks, they only gave up 200+ passing yards once, to the Chargers. Peyton & Cassell were held under 200.

If they get back to what they were doing last year, stop the run early in the game, & the offense has finally woke up, to get us an early lead, our secondary will look like a top 10 unit. Our DL will look like a top 10 unit.

A stat guru, are we? They still have been one week here another week there.

Runner
11-14-2010, 02:37 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to find somebody better. Even Del Rio is out-coaching him today.