PDA

View Full Version : This Organization is a Joke

Hookem Horns
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
If this post needs to be moved to the drunk thread then mods please do so because Texans football sucks however the wine is good tonight.

I am wondering why I signed up for this mess. I was an Oilers fan since my family moved to Houston from Austin in 1977, I was like in 2nd grade. That team put me through hell with all of the post season choking however at least they made it to the post season.

We moved to NY when I was going into 8th grade however despite becoming a Giants fan living up there I always stayed loyal to the Oilers first. The year I moved back to Texas era el aņo que estos bastardos moved to Tennessee. So for those years I just followed the Giants despite being back in Texas. So when a team was announced as coming back to Houston of course I was on board.

OK, I am rambling now since I am sure no one cares why I decided to become a Texans fan since I haven't lived in Houston since 1982.

As I said in another thread, this team does not connect with the fans (in the right way that doesn't including sucking them for money). They don't embrace the history of football in Houston or even recognize the greats like Earl Campbell, Warren Moon (sorry Sandy) or others. They just don't relate to long time Houston fans.

On the field it is even worse. How many consecutive years have the Texans been drafting defense first?? How many first round picks have been on defense, and yet this defense could not stop Greg Davis and the Longhorns right now. I betcha Garrett Gilbert would have a field day vs the Texans.

The shame is the Texans have a ton of talent and it is all going to waste. Just think how great AJ would be playing on a real team. Foster is the real deal also however it is a shame that his production is going to waste.

There have been several opportunities for this organization to really be embraced not only by Houston but the entire state, yet they always blow it. The Cowboys suck yet their only victory is against this sorry team. There are so many Cowboys fans just ready to jump off the Jerry train however the alternative isn't much more attractive.

What a joke.

Hardcore Texan
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Keep hittin' the vino bro. At least today will be somewhat productive. I know I upped my beer intake after the latest debacle.

We're gluttons from punishment, we are Houston football fans. :sigh:

HJam72
11-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, we better keep drafting D first, because we still need a real FS and some DTs who don't think they're DEs.

Can we draft a HC and some coordinators?

Wolf
11-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I have gone through a weird phase with the Texans

about 3 weeks ago, I turned the TV on and grabbed me a beer out of the ole 12 pack and after 2 beers and watching the game, I just stopped drinking while the game was on and I haven't drank during a game since. I remember thinking ,at the time,"why am I going to waste a good buzz on the Texans and then spend the rest of the night pissed off Richard Smith's defense"

eriadoc
11-07-2010, 08:50 PM
If this post needs to be moved to the drunk thread then mods please do so because Texans football sucks however the wine is good tonight.

In vino veritas.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
All I can say is I've been smoking more lately.

Kaiser Toro
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I view it as more like a Greek Tragedy

HJam72
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I view it as more like a Greek Tragedy

Yeah, cuz we keeped getting screwed that way.

ps-why does this bring up a link to wikipedia, LOL?

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I hear you. It just keeps getting harder and harder to justify to yourself and others that this team is on the rise or even relavant. While I'm not jumping ship I'm finding it tough to talk about the around football crowds anymore. For the last 7 years I've lived in Boston, MA (2004-2006) and Pittsburgh, PA (2007-present) so it's not as if I have any common Texan brethren to at least complain about the state of the team.

It gets a little old seeing other teams win championships and watching the fanbase in absolute euphoria. I've lived in cities the year they won a Superbowl 4 times (Denver x1, Pittsburgh x1, Boston x2), and I would say thats more than almost anyone has seen in a lifetime especially at my young age (31). But while it's fun to see I've never really felt the connection to those teams that I do with my hometown teams, so the vested interest isnt truly there to know what all these fans feel. Who know's maybe they are just waiting for me to move back before they lay the hammer down...I guess thats all I can hope for at this point.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I understand what you're saying here and dread the impending crap storm of "Fan-on-Fan" verbal violence it's about to unleash.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the similarities to the 2005 season that I'm seeing this year. The records are nothing alike and neither are the talent levels so understand that I'm not going there. I'm thinking of the expectations and the way hopes get dashed when those expectations aren't met. I'm thinking about the way we respond to that. Even the pink soap avatars are back.

If you think about it 2010 has a "Back to the Future" feel to it. 2005 was the first time I ever saw Texans fans fight amongst themselves in large numbers. There were people who wanted to see Dom go and people who didn't. People who hated Carr and people who didn't. People who wanted to lose more games to draft better and people who didn't. People who wanted to draft Vince and people who didn't. It just seemed like if there was a reason to bicker we found it.

I feel like that today. I see things that I think need to change and when I talk about them I get told I'm not a real fan and how unreasonable "pink soapers" are. We're a good 3-4 losses away from turning on each other completely.

As for the team, I don't believe that we're getting the kind of production out of these players that they are capable of. I think a coaching change is in order or will be by the end of the season. Nobody wants to hire a coach and be looking for another one 4-5 years later. We all want to hire the next Tom Landry or Don Shula. We all want to hire that guy who takes you to multiple Super Bowls and wins for 20 straight years but those guys are rare. Kubiak is (I think) going to crawl us into another .500-ish finish this year and that should be enough reason to let him go BUT there will be the suspensions and there will be the injuries and there will be the upcoming labor questions and so if we don't have football in 2011 then we'll probably have another year of Gary-Ball in 2012. When that ends up as another .500 season (give or take) will that finally be enough? How old will AJ be then? Will McNair need to hire another consultant to hold his hand while he searches for his next coach?

The Houston Texans have one major obstacle to get past before they can reach their full potential and I'm sorry to say that it is themselves. If they can ever get out of their own way they might start to figure some of this other stuff out and amount to something.

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
If it keeps up like this yall will get yall wishlist Mcnair will hit the reset button and expect another 2 years of "Building Seasons"

JB
11-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I understand what you're saying here and dread the impending crap storm of "Fan-on-Fan" verbal violence it's about to unleash.

Just shoot me now please. Or ban me if that is easier for you, cause I will surely explode here shortly.

TexansFanatic
11-07-2010, 09:22 PM
If it keeps up like this yall will get yall wishlist Mcnair will hit the reset button and expect another 2 years of "Building Seasons"

Except this team doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs leadership.

There are some holes on the roster, make no mistake. But this team can beat any team in the league on any given Sunday.

No need to rebuild. Just find someone who can coach.

Hookem Horns
11-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I am not jumping ship either however I am going into my Giants fan mode (where I only look at games as far as they are concerned) which I seem to do every season. I am at the point where someone can just wake me up when this team is relevant. Maybe I will still care when that happens. If not it is their loss.

Koolaid Time
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM

There are some holes on the roster, make no mistake. But this team can beat any team in the league on any given Sunday.

More like "some people who can Coach"...

We need to Clean House.

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:26 PM

sadly thats how it goes man new Coach new GM new Pholphsy

-the new Regmine will want there own players not these Scrubs losers who thats what they are in there mind

-Look at the redskins Shanny comes in and Boom Chamble is gone

-Look at the jets more then half of all of the Mangini players are gone

Yay they may keep some of the good players but they will be on a very shot Lease and prob be benched alot

or they might trade some of are so called stars for other players they like or draft picks thats how it goes

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM

I'm with you. Gameplan + attitude check will win plenty more games with the current roster (defensive secondary excluded)

Blake
11-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey maybe we can draft another Dlineman #1 again and see if that fixes it.

Wash rinse repeat.

I was saying the same thing about our talent going to waste. I would love to see Mario and Cushing tear it up on another team like the Eagles, or Ravens. AJ on the Packers, or Duane Brown on the Giants. Sigh....

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM

-the new Regmine will want there own players not these Scrubs losers who thats what they are in there mind

Yay they may keep some of the good players but they will be on a very shot Lease and prob be benched alot

or they might trade some of are so called stars for other players they like or draft picks thats how it goes

and if it means 12-4 instead of 8-8, I'm on board.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
My girlfriend asked me today why I watch the Texans. I said "because they are my team." She went on to say she gets all that but they just make me mad and that I am a much more difficult person to talk to on gameday. She also said that if it weren't for me she would have no idea that the Texans even existed.

I honestly sat there for a moment and asked myself, "why do I watch the Texans?"

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
if a new regime came in expect

-Demco GOne
-Shaun cody Gone
-GQ gone
-Pollard gone
-WIlson gone
-DIles gone
-Mcain prob gone

-Walter
-JJ gone
-ANderson gone
- prob most of this ZBS o line
-SLaton and ward gone
-Owen daniles and Dressen gone
-ANd u know schaub would be gone sooner or later

our team would look much different

TexansFanatic
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM

I can handle that. Some of these guys may need to move on. And it's not like they're winning right now.

But what I'm saying is there's no need to get worse before getting better.

There are coaches who can take this core group and win 10 or 11 games next year EASILY. Time to go get one.

Section516
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM

-Demco GOne
-Shaun cody Gone
-GQ gone
-Pollard gone
-WIlson gone
-DIles gone
-Mcain prob gone

-Walter
-JJ gone
-ANderson gone
-SLaton and ward gone

Why would all these be gone? Walter? Meco? GQ? Just wondering?

eriadoc
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I am not jumping ship either however I am going into my Giants fan mode (where I only look at games as far as they are concerned) which I seem to do every season. I am at the point where someone can just wake me up when this team is relevant. Maybe I will still care when that happens. If not it is their loss.

I don't have another team I can root for, but to be quite honest, I just don't have the outrage over this loss. I expected it, it happened, the sun comes up tomorrow, and the Texans still deliver the same statement every time there's a statement game.

Maybe AJ will go down as the best WR never to go to the playoffs.

Hookem Horns
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey maybe we can draft another Dlineman #1 again and see if that fixes it.

Wash rinse repeat.

I was saying the same thing about our talent going to waste. I would love to see Mario and Cushing tear it up on another team like the Eagles, or Ravens. AJ on the Packers, or Duane Brown on the Giants. Sigh....

No, this way ...

Mario, AJ, Ryans and Foster to the Giants. Cujuicing, Okoye, Slaton and that cornerback we drafted 1st this season (forgot his name) to the Eagles. Kubiak and the entire staff to the Cowboys. Vince Young to the Redskins. Now that's an NFC East I can live with.

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 09:37 PM

-Demco GOne
-Shaun cody Gone
-GQ gone
-Pollard gone
-WIlson gone
-DIles gone
-Mcain prob gone

-Walter
-JJ gone
-ANderson gone
-SLaton and ward gone

your point? Are we supposed to cry over them? The team who feels no connection with the city they play in and does not buy into the culture? Meh. I feel for them in the same way they feel for Houston.

Wolf
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM
this is what an Manning sees when look at the Texans defense

Defensive line bunched up while trying to blitz, one linebacker and the secondary playing way back
http://media.columbiamissourian.com/multimedia/2010/02/26/media/022610_cotton_ball_t_w600_h1200.jpg

Lucky
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Yeah, it would be terrible to end up like the Jets (6-2 and leading their division).

I give up. Who's Boom Chamble?

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Why would all these be gone? Walter? Meco? GQ? Just wondering?

in the new coaches mind

-Walter is a scrub hes not a solid Number 2 in there mind and since they got to keep AJ for a year or 2 they make a change at the number 2 who they think is better

-Meco is OLd Meco is a Kubes player alla from the draft infact most of all the "Kubes players" will be on a short leash

-GQ is a kubes player ditto and he gets burnt alot : I

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
in the new coaches mind

-Walter is a scrub hes not a solid Number 2 in there mind and since they got to keep AJ for a year or 2 they make a change at the number 2 who they think is better

-Meco is OLd Meco is a Kubes player alla from the draft infact most of all the "Kubes players" will be on a short leash

If DeMeco is healthy he isn't going anywhere......neither is Schaub, that's just crazy talk. And the only reason why Daniels would be gone is if he asks for too much money....the other players I don't really care if they stay or go, improvements can be made in those areas.

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:45 PM
i wonder if we get a new coach and

we could get two 1st for Andre johnson

and maybe a 1st for Matt scahub

would yall roll with that ....... 3 1st round picks that could be the start of your new core if u pick right

valleytexfan
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't think I've never been more disappointed in the Texans than I am today. I have tried to support Kubiak and give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can no longer do that. It's obvious that a handful of the Texans losses this year are a direct result of Kubiak's coaching decisions. I will always be a Texan fan (been here since 02) and I am still hoping things will turn around this year, but based on what I've seen there is an extremely slim chance of seeing anything better than Kubiak's done. Sure, we'll win a couple games down the stretch but all for not.

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
If DeMeco is healthy he isn't going anywhere......neither is Schaub, that's just crazy talk. And the only reason why Daniels would be gone is if he asks for too much money....the other players I don't really care if they stay or go, improvements can be made in those areas.

Look at what Mcdaniles did in denver came in and BOOM

Cutler is gone and Brandon Marshall is gone

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM

would yall roll with that ....... 3 1st round picks that could be the start of your new core if u pick right

I'd trade Andre only if it was to a contending team (Sorry, but this guy deserves to play for a perennial winning team)......if not, I'm not trading him.

And a new head coach wouldn't trade Schaub for a 1st, because he'd only have to use a 1st to get another unproven QB, so that's kind of stupid.

Wolf
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
this is way off topic but I got a chuckle from an unlikely source ( I don't like Chris)

Chris Collinsworth "Cowboys went back to basic and they are basically awful"

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Look at what Mcdaniles did in denver came in and BOOM

Cutler is gone and Brandon Marshall is gone

Yeah, but McDummy is one of the dumbest coaches in the history of the NFL and even he didn't want to trade them, they flat out just didn't want to play for him anymore and they forced those trades.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 09:50 PM

-Demco GOne
-Shaun cody Gone
-GQ gone
-Pollard gone
-WIlson gone
-DIles gone
-Mcain prob gone

-Walter
-JJ gone
-ANderson gone
-SLaton and ward gone

Are you serious? Why would all these people be gone?

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately theres this psychology theory called "The Sunk Cost Effect"

With all the time and money and effort Ive put in to being a fan, I feel like I can't bail just yet because then when the team wins it won't be as sweet. It makes no sense at all

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Is he ever serious?

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:58 PM

FOr draft picks

Free up the money cap for new players

and for other players of course

Texan4Ever
11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Maybe we can trade our head coach and throw in some players and or draft picks just like the Raiders did with Jon Gruden?

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 10:03 PM
I'd trade Andre only if it was to a contending team (Sorry, but this guy deserves to play for a perennial winning team)......if not, I'm not trading him.

And a new head coach wouldn't trade Schaub for a 1st, because he'd only have to use a 1st to get another unproven QB, so that's kind of stupid.

You have to understand Norg's tactic here. He is trying to get folks to change their minds on Kubiak by getting them to feel guilty about the possibility of losing players he feels are fan favorites due to the coaching change.

However, it bears repeating. The players have no connection to this city. Therefore, the fans should reciprocate in kind.

DexmanC
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Andre Johnson is the only transplant proud to be in Houston on this team.

TexanBacker93
11-07-2010, 10:08 PM

Gotta get rid of Rick Smith then as well. He sure can't pick 'em. Until I see something from Cushing I have to think it was all 'roids.

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Andre Johnson is the only transplant proud to be in Houston on this team.
Based on what?

Demeco just signed a big extension.
Same with Winston
Daniels tried to get an extension signed

etc

silvrhand
11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
We see talent on the field but for some reason it just doesn't come together which in the end the record is the same, but I will go out on a limb and say we have a LOT more talent than we did in the Capers era.

Bring me the CHIN..

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Is he ever serious?

Yeah, I don't even know why I bothered.

SheTexan
11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Sure as hell makin a drinker out of me!! Gotta be half sloshed to watch our team! I see a lot a passion from the guys, and I truly believe they want to do better, and we all know they had playoff hopes also at the beginning of the year. These garbage games have got to be orchestrated from the sideline, and the failure of our coaches to take this team to another level is very very sad. Our team has the talent! You guys talk about that all the time. Geeeezzzz, it doesn't take a freaking genius to figure out Kubes bit off more than he can chew. He's just not smart enough to be a HC. JMO!! Nice guy, homeboy, and all that, but, it's not getting us where we want to go.

steelbtexan
11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks uncle BoB 9 yrs and waiting

Hope those $$$$ spend well.

steelbtexan
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Sure as hell makin a drinker out of me!! Gotta be half sloshed to watch our team! I see a lot a passion from the guys, and I truly believe they want to do better, and we all know they had playoff hopes also at the beginning of the year. These garbage games have got to be orchestrated from the sideline, and the failure of our coaches to take this team to another level is very very sad. Our team has the talent! You guys talk about that all the time. Geeeezzzz, it doesn't take a freaking genius to figure out Kubes bit off more than he can chew. He's just not smart enough to be a HC. JMO!! Nice guy, homeboy, and all that, but, it's not getting us where we want to go.

Wish I could rep you

6-10 will cause change.

Although I can never root for the Texans to lose if the Texans finish 6-10 it will hurt uncle BoB where it hurts him the most $$$$.

Why did it come to this?

hookinreds
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Keep hittin' the vino bro. At least today will be somewhat productive. I know I upped my beer intake after the latest debacle.

We're gluttons from punishment, we are Houston football fans. :sigh:

I think I scared a few people at Pluckers today. Kubiak is an ass hat.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 11:27 PM
in the new coaches mind

I'm impressed if you can really read the new coaches mind without even knowing who he is or what offense/defense he runs.

I understand what you're getting at though and it's true, there's always some attrition when coaching staffs change.

About the three players you've mentioned here let me say this.

If Walter is playing the way he's capable of playing he's an asset to any receiving corps in the league. If he's dropping balls like he has in recent weeks then why would you want to keep him? Every season our existing coaching staff makes a run at replacing him and the day they think they can we'll get better. If Dorin Dickerson works out he'll replace him. If Jacoby had ever truly worked out he'd have already replaced him.

DeMeco Ryans can play on most any defense in the NFL, assuming he comes back from his injury and can play near the same level he's always played at. If he comes back and has lost a step or two and fallen off then again why would you want to hang on to him and how would replacing him be a negative for the Texans?

Finally if GQ gets burned a lot wouldn't replacing him be a good thing if you can't fix him?

Mr. White
11-07-2010, 11:39 PM
The game wasn't too bad. I just couldn't bring myself to give a rat's ass today.

I know exactly what to expect nowadays. I knew the other shoe was gonna drop sometime in the 4th quarter. Just didn't know how it would happen.

And guess what? It did.

Am I ready for a change? Yes. I have been for the past 2 years after we went 8-8 the 2nd time.

Looks like some guys are ready to go down with the ship just like they did with Capers, Casserly, and Carr.

To them, I say have fun firebombing your fellow Texans fans who have other ideas about what's best for the organization. Here we go again.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 11:42 PM
I was pissed after the MNF game until Wednesday pretty much. Today, I'm not as upset. I'm ready for a new change in coaching for this team. The Kubiak era appears to be coming to an end, thankfully.

steelbtexan
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
The Tacks MNF game made me realize it was time for change.

I'm sure Kubes cared. But it appeared that game meant more to the fans than it did to the players. It's time to get new leadership that will hold the players accountable.

Norg
11-08-2010, 12:24 AM
i hope we can turn it around but it only makes sense to hit the reset button if there is lockout then we can come back fresh when there is a NFL again