PDA

View Full Version : Texans Final Record this year...

Dwade
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
We are now 4-4. These are the next 8 games.

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS

ThaShark316
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS

W - shootout...texans survive.

L - both teams actually struggle on offense...texans pull a rabbit out their asses by staying close.

W - my hatred for TEN won't let me pick an L to them at home

W - both on short week, texans start the December (meaningless?) run

L - too tough to deal with

L - at tennessee is a house of horrors for us

W - denver is awful

W - by this time, jags will have quit.

9-7.

hradhak
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
We need to finish 4-2 in the division, but I think 5-1 is doable. We need to steal a win against the Ravens or Jets but I don't know we can do either.

ThaShark316
11-07-2010, 05:23 PM
We need to finish 4-2 in the division, but I think 5-1 is doable. We need to steal a win against the Ravens or Jets but I don't know we can do either.

That's why I have what I have in my sig.

I know we'll win next week(stfu I'm a confident person got dammit, lol), but how much will it mean?

Goatcheese
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
4-12 because after reading these forums I'm convinced we have no talent, terrible coaches, and no hope for the future.

:bubbles:

gafftop
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
7-9 if lucky. We could easily be 2-6 right now. Take away 2 rabbits out of hat wins. This team is lacking in personnel in almost every area. Rb is good, Qb average, Ol average, Wr average, dl well below average, LB average to below, DB's BAD, special teams average to below. Coaching maybe the worst or at least down there. With this combination 7-9 is not that bad. The Texans are very weak front office, can't evaluate talent. Looks like a bleak future.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
6-10 or 7-9.

I see us beating the Jags once and the Broncos. We may be able to beat the Titans once.

gafftop
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
4-12 because after reading these forums I'm convinced we have no talent, terrible coaches, and no hope for the future.

:bubbles:

Sadly you are probably closer than my guess of 7-9

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I have no idea...is there an option for that? With that said I'll say 8-8 because it's the Texans thing. They'll get some people up...then let them down the following weeks as usual.

At this point i'll be happy with just sweeping the titans.

cain78749
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS
W @Jags - I'll give a slight benefit of the doubt here

L @Jets - With the offense shut down, the Jets simply have to not kill themselves

L vs. Titans - Assuming VY is healthy (haven't beaten him yet, and don't look now, but he's actually leading, not just a part of, a potent offense)

L @Eagles - Another good NFC East team makes us look silly

L vs. Ravens - Do I really need to explain this one?

L @Titans - see above, but with emphasis, since it's on the road

W @Broncos - I sure as heck hope so

W vs. Jaguars - Typical end of season Kubiag special; a big win by 28+ saves his job (though it shouldn't)

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Except for maybe the Ravens, every team on our schedule has looked beatable this year.

The Jets won today because they injured the Lions kicker and N. Suh (the DT) had to kick the extra point (which he missed)

We could be anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5.

Who knows which Texans will show up from week to week..

Thorn
11-07-2010, 05:40 PM
I picked 8-8 because I just can't bear the thought of a losing season.

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I picked 9-7. The Texans aren't near as bad some people have made it out to be in this thread. Kubiak and the Texans are great at winning games when they no longer matter and Kubes is always that guy that knows how to do "just enough" to keep his job for Mr. "mediocre results are okay with me" Mcnair. The Texans still hae an offense that can be fantastic, but they'll never be a gritty team that demands to win every week with such a passive soft coach. 9-7 sounds about accurate to me. That might even get them into the playoffs and if so people will act like we won the SB and certain fans will keep saying "I see improvements with this team" but won't care about so many poor coaching decisions. Kubes is an OC. He's just an average HC. He can get us to 8-8 and 9-7. He's a playoff disaster waiting to happen though.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
7-9 or 8-8. Hope I'm wrong but I chalk it up to a mix of bad coaching and lack of heart/fire. With a few exceptions I think the talent is there to be a playoff team. Many teams have done a lot more with quite a bit less.

OzzO
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
7 wins - the way they're playing now... vs the BACKUPS and a good QB... I think 3 more wins and anything more is icing. 1 Titans, 1 Jags, 1 Denver.

Spled
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
The scary thing will be if we go to 4-7.

PapaL
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
As long as we're fielding that D...in theory we could lose every game. They STINK.
As long as we're fielding that O...they'll keep us in games. How long can Foster play like this? Will AJ and OD get healthy? What ailes Schaub?

With all that...I went 7-9. We lack the leadership to overcome.

kiwitexansfan
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I called 5-11 when we were 2-1 and I'll stick with that.

We have one of the worst defenses in history, I do not trust the offensive playcalling enough to think our offense can compensate for said defense, and we have no teams with a losing record left on the schedule.

Ranger Tom
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I picked 6-10, seeing wins @ Denver and vs Jacksonville. I'm not totally confident about that prediction, though. A 7-9 season is certainly doable, and 8-8 is not an impossibility yet. My mind will be blown if we get another winning season.

Hagar
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Seven wins is about as good as it will get this year.

While all the teams on our schedule have looked beatable, we have not looked like a team who want to win games.

While our running offense looks pretty good right now, our passing offense has taken a step backwards and our defense is completely inept.

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
8-8 but honestly that is being more optimistic than the situation calls for. 7-9 seems more likely.

Dwade
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
To whoever voted 11-5...I want some of what you are smoking. :chef:

My prediction is 7-9...wins as Jacksonville, Denver, and 1 more we pull out of our ass somehow.

Thorn
11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
While our running offense looks pretty good right now, our passing offense has taken a step backwards and our defense is completely inept.

Perfect summary of the 2010 Texans.

Texas T
11-07-2010, 06:02 PM

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS

I'm going 8-8 after today...
Wins-Titans, Eagles, Broncos and Jags.
Okay I'm hoping for 8-8-Pulling for the Philly win since I live here and will have to put up with a bunch o'crap if we don't win, but we'll see.

Buffi2
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
6-10 if we are lucky. No team can win with a defense as bad as ours and an offense that hasn't managed to find a rhythm yet. I'm not even going to mention coaching.

We will beat Jacksonville once and probably Denver. Any more wins would take a miracle, a vast improvement, and some steroids.

Dwade
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
6-10 if we are lucky. No team can win with a defense as bad as ours and an offense that hasn't managed to find a rhythm yet. I'm not even going to mention coaching.

We will beat Jacksonville once and probably Denver. Any more wins would take a miracle, a vast improvement, and some steroids.

Denver is looking really good against KC...I think 5-11 sounds more likely :wadepalm: