PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Texans, you now have the same record as the Rams

cdollaz
11-07-2010, 04:03 PM
A team who only won 1 game last year.

Anyone who still thinks that the Texans are anything more than an average-at-best team is an i d i o t.

PhilpW
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Last place in the division.

BullNation4Life
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
and may not in until week 16 against Denver....

Stemp
11-07-2010, 04:11 PM
***** birds are in full display.

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
You're so courageous and resilient. Teach us to be like you please?

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
A team who only won 1 game last year.

Anyone who still thinks that the Texans are anything more than an average-at-best team is an i d i o t.

Except that is a meaningless statistic. See, I can come up with a meaningless stat too:
The Texans also have the same number of wins or more than Minnesota who was the 2nd best team in the NFC last year, Arizona/Cincy(who were playoff teams). They are currently 1 game back of GB(last year playoff team), Defending Super Bowl Champ NO, and perennially tough Pitt.

See, I can also come up with ridiculous meaningless stats.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Except that is a meaningless statistic. See, I can come up with a meaningless stat too:
The Texans also have the same number of wins or more than Minnesota who was the 2nd best team in the NFC last year, Arizona/Cincy(who were playoff teams). They are currently 1 game back of GB(last year playoff team), Defending Super Bowl Champ NO, and perennially tough Pitt.

Exactly. I don't know why people say stuff like this.

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM

Here's a meaningless stat for you. We are 4-4, with an incredibly hard schedule coming up. How does 9 years with no playoffs sound for a meaningless stat?

mattieuk
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Whatever. Your stats are anywhere near as sensationalized!

Sigh, I love post game meltdowns on here.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Here's a meaningless stat for you. We are 4-4, with an incredibly hard schedule coming up. How does 9 years with no playoffs sound for a meaningless stat?

But that's not what this thread is about.

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
But that's not what this thread is about.
Meh. It's just another thread talking about how mediocre we are. I couldn't care less either way. We are a mediocre team. That's all there is to it.

TexCanada
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Who cares about what the Rams' record is? That makes no difference to our current situation.

arb729
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
i dont post here often, i realize that. but i have one question: why are most of you even fans of this team? if they make you this angry and you get this crazy after a loss, just move on. find a new team, give up football, whatever. what's the sense of getting this worked up over them if you (seemingly) won't even enjoy a victory without complaining. news flash: ***** and moan all you want, the front office isn't going to take your suggestions. you might as well just enjoy football, or sports in general, for what they are: entertainment. if you hate movies, you wouldn't go to the local theatre and pay to watch one, so if you hate the texans, why even turn them on? sure, i'm going to get bashed for saying all this, but i would really love an explanation to all this. i'm as frusterated as anyone about this team. i live in new england and have to deal with arrogant and annoying patriots fans in my ear all year talking about how much the texans suck. guess what? who gives a shit. i enjoy watching them, obviously more when they win, but i'm still going to be a fan tomorrow. what good does it do to compare their record to a team's from a year ago or compare this team to the ones in the past? either man up and be a true fan, or hop off the wagon and start fresh elsewhere, in my opinion.

cdollaz
11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Who cares about what the Rams' record is? That makes no difference to our current situation.

They are 1 in a long line of teams who have been crappy/average one season, and then shown much improvement in the next.

As opposed to the Texans, which has some fans who think a baby-step here and there is OK, with nothing to really show for it.

The point is, that 4 straight average/mediocre seasons shouldn't be acceptable to anyone.

cdollaz
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
either man up and be a true fan, or hop off the wagon and start fresh elsewhere, in my opinion.

So, you think a true fan is one who accepts the team's situation no matter what, and doesn't expect improvement and excellence?

My definition of a true fan is one who loves the team so much, they can't stand it when a crappy product is put on the field, and demands something better.

Stemp
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Fan are emotionally invested in the team, which is understandable. But bitching and moaning and calling for the coaches head at the halfway point of the season is ridiculous, especially when the team isn't out of it.

Yes, the Texans have a hard schedule coming up but that doesn't mean they can't make a run of wins. I think Texans' fan have been conditioned to expect the worse and dare the team to prove them wrong and when they don't, it justifies their pessimism.

cdollaz
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Fan are emotionally invested in the team, which is understandable. But bitching and moaning and calling for the coaches head at the halfway point of the season is ridiculous, especially when the team isn't out of it.

Yes, the Texans have a hard schedule coming up but that doesn't mean they can't make a run of wins. I think Texans' fan have been conditioned to expect the worse and dare the team to prove them wrong and when they don't, it justifies their pessimism.

They've played what, about 8 quarters of good football all year. It's not that they are just a .500 team, and mathematically still in it, it is that they have looked like a bad team more often that not.

Thorn
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
i dont post here often, i realize that. but i have one question: why are most of you even fans of this team? if they make you this angry and you get this crazy after a loss, just move on. find a new team, give up football, whatever.

One of the more ridiculous posts Iíve seen in quite a while. Just because Iím pissed, support the Soap crowd, does not mean Iím not a Texan fan. Iíve been a Texan fan since day one, and am still a Texan fan. But that does NOT mean I have to excuse their bad play and coaching.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM

And in response out comes the Texans Care-Bear Honor Guard to take everyone to task who has a problem with what they saw today.

b0ng
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
and in response out comes the texans care-bear honor guard to take everyone to task who has a problem with what they saw today.

quick let me change my avatar to show how upset i am at football in houston.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
quick let me change my avatar to show how upset i am at football in houston.

If you're so inclined you go right ahead and do that. I mean, after all you changed your signature at some point to show how little you cared for Richard Justice and his writing.

b0ng
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM
If you're so inclined you go right ahead and do that. I mean, after all you changed your signature at some point to show how little you cared for Richard Justice and his writing.

Least you don't see me starting a new thread every time Justice does something that I think is "Very Bad (r)"

cain78749
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Yes, the Texans have a hard schedule coming up but that doesn't mean they can't make a run of wins. I think Texans' fan have been conditioned to expect the worse and dare the team to prove them wrong and when they don't, it justifies their pessimism.I feel sorry for you, if you really think they're not out of it. 4-4 with 3 or 4 losses in the next 4 games coming (@Jags being the one I think they can win, unless Vince Young is hurt for our matchup).

Eh, I guess it's good there are people like you out there spending hard-earned money on this nonsense. If not, we'd lose another team to relocation.

Ckw
11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow! Thorn is sporting "The Soap" too!! It is spreading like wildfire.

b0ng
11-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I feel sorry for you, if you really think they're not out of it. 4-4 with 3 or 4 losses in the next 4 games coming (@Jags being the one I think they can win, unless Vince Young is hurt for our matchup).

Eh, I guess it's good there are people like you out there spending hard-earned money on this nonsense. If not, we'd lose another team to relocation.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/devildogamp/RandyQuaidHappy-1.png

It's you isn't it?

Also, I'm not arguing that the Texans have looked extremely inconsistent this year, but to say that they are completely out of any game coming up on the schedule is pretty short sighted. Especially with the patented jump up and win 4 games at the end of the season act we've seen the past few years.

EDIT: And why register for a Texans forum when you have so obviously given up on the season already?

Stemp
11-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I feel sorry for you, if you really think they're not out of it. 4-4 with 3 or 4 losses in the next 4 games coming (@Jags being the one I think they can win, unless Vince Young is hurt for our matchup).

Losers like to justify their loser mentality. So, I feel sorry for you. :goodluck:

Honoring Earl 34
11-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't the Texans only have one home victory ? They should have half price beer .

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
either man up and be a true fan, or hop off the wagon and start fresh elsewhere, in my opinion.

It's probably a good thing that you don't post often when you post this kind of garbage criticizing passionate fans that care about winning. How about you man up and expect to see a team that can actually achieve instead of patting Gary and his kids on the back and telling him that it's okay because we achieved a "moral victory." These fans that are pissed are still here looking for solutions like a new HC that knows how to put a winner together. That's called passion and ambition. You may not care about winning or success, but don't come in here with your 100 posts and criticize people who do. How about you joining the Lions band wagon since you're so quick to tell other fans to jump ship. That team would obviously suit you just fine, since winning isn't a priority of yours as a fan.

cdollaz
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Don't the Texans only have one home victory ? They should have half price beer .

They are 2-3 at home.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Least you don't see me starting a new thread every time Justice does something that I think is "Very Bad (r)"

I don't know, I think if he was "very bad" as often as the Texans are this year you might be tempted. Maybe if you were emotionally invested enough in Richard Justice and his writing to frequent a message board dedicated to nothing but Richard Justice articles you might.

2slik4u
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
It's probably a good thing that you don't post often when you post this kind of garbage criticizing passionate fans that care about winning. How about you man up and expect to see a team that can actually achieve instead of patting Gary and his kids on the back and telling him that it's okay because we achieved a "moral victory." These fans that are pissed are still here looking for solutions like a new HC that knows how to put a winner together. That's called passion and ambition. You may not care about winning or success, but don't come in here with your 100 posts and criticize people who do. How about you joining the Lions band wagon since you're so quick to tell other fans to jump ship. That team would obviously suit you just fine, since winning isn't a priority of yours as a fan.

Burn!!!! :roast:

drewmar74
11-07-2010, 06:42 PM

:clap:

cain78749
11-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Losers like to justify their loser mentality. So, I feel sorry for you. :goodluck:Funny. On the college boards of the team I follow, which until this year was spectacularly successful, I'm called a sunshine pumper. Weird how I'm positive about good teams, and negative about bad/underperforming teams.

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm called a sunshine pumper. Weird how I'm positive about good teams, and negative about bad/underperforming teams.

You're on Orange Bloods aren't you? Lol!

I know that term over there.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
And in response out comes the Texans Care-Bear Honor Guard to take everyone to task who has a problem with what they saw today.

Am I a member of the Care-Bear Honor Guard?

DexmanC
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I love the Texans, and am pissed off at their head coach for robbing
this team's players of the playoffs, and the ownership for forcing us
to suffer through this easy-to-predict travesty of season by extending
this chump.

cain78749
11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
You're on Orange Bloods aren't you? Lol!

I know that term over there.Yep, and I'm such a loser that I'm usually the guy talking sanity to the Randy Quaid's of the UT fanbase. Not so much this year, though :thumbdown:

Wolf
11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
as we knew from 2 years ago.. Kubiak will live and die with the Frank Bush experiment

and as a team giving up 24 plus points a game..well you know

eriadoc
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Colts just lost, so the Texans could have closed the gap in the division. But no.

Hagar
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Who cares about what the Rams' record is? That makes no difference to our current situation.Actually, its kind of telling, the Rams beat San Diego and we didn't.

Just a little perspective.

Wolf
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
and the rams defense is just giving up 17.6 points a game (one game was 44 points to Detroit)

Bush's defense well.

FML

:facepalm:

TexCanada
11-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Actually, its kind of telling, the Rams beat San Diego and we didn't.

Just a little perspective.

Ya, I know what your saying, but the Rams' progress really has very little to do with our own. Comparisons like this can be made all day, I mean, we beat the Colts and lots of teams have lost to them.

b0ng
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know, I think if he was "very bad" as often as the Texans are this year you might be tempted. Maybe if you were emotionally invested enough in Richard Justice and his writing to frequent a message board dedicated to nothing but Richard Justice articles you might.

:mariopalm: As bad as we think the Texans might be this year, they hold not a candle to the multiple failures of Justice blog pieces and his undying love for anything burnt orange. While I might throw a pithy or sarcastic comment to a new Justice thread.

Lets just say that if I put in the effort to hate on Justice on this board, that some people do to hate on Kubiak (justifiable or not) I'm sure the mods would kindly tell me to piss off and not come back.

But really though, a lot of people have me pegged as some guy who is a Kubiak lover, and in the offseason I defended him a lot of times, however I was never ever in favor of that dumbass extension he got. I did not think he performed well enough to earn another 4 years, and there were a lot of people (Some Kubiak haters) that felt it was justified.

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:21 PM
well for one the rams play in the NFC and on top of the the NFC west prob one of the worst divisons in football u could prob win that divison with a 7-9 record LOL

Big Lou
11-08-2010, 12:16 AM
The Texans shoulda drafted that kid from Oklahoma!!!!!!

Norg
11-08-2010, 12:49 AM
The Texans shoulda drafted that kid from Oklahoma!!!!!!

we skipped out on

Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Schaub -the first time around LOL could have had him in like 04

Hookem Horns
11-08-2010, 12:54 AM
we skipped out on

Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Schaub -the first time around LOL could have had him in like 04

The Texans had their QB back then. Just ask Charlie C.

Norg
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
The Texans had their QB back then. Just ask Charlie C.

David carr :P

we could of gotten a QB for the future

speaking of future i think we might need to look for a QB of the future for schaub becasue i dont think its DANO or Party boy Lineart LOL

maybe DANO who knows

GuerillaBlack
11-08-2010, 01:02 AM
David carr :P

we could of gotten a QB for the future

speaking of future i think we might need to look for a QB of the future for schaub becasue i dont think its DANO or Party boy Lineart LOL

maybe DANO who knows

We could have done a lot of things...in hindsight. In hindsight, Detroit could have picked Andre Johnson instead of Charles Rogers.

Norg
11-08-2010, 01:07 AM
we could have got roddy White

Man white and AJ OOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VTexan
11-08-2010, 01:25 AM
It's a deep QB draft this year. I wouldn't mind taking one in the 2-3rd round and start grooming.

mootini
11-08-2010, 07:43 AM
And the same record as the Jags/Dolphins....And the Raiders have a better record than both of us! The season is only half way over...4-4 is ok at this point...now it's crunch time.