PDA

View Full Version : Is Kubiak that stupid?

stingray
11-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Are my eyes playing tricks on me? I thought we are down by six. Why is Kubiak calling plays as we were down two scores with four minutes two go? Is he really that stupid?

Dwade
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes. He is.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't think that he's left a lot of doubt about how stupid he is but that's just my opinion. His Texans team looks like a much more talented version of the undisciplined, unfocused bunch that Dom Capers coached in his final season.

They're cruising to the wins they get on pure talent and sheer dumb luck in the fact that Arian Foster wasn't drafted.

stingray
11-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't think that he's left a lot of doubt about how stupid he is but that's just my opinion. His Texans team looks like a much more talented version of the undisciplined, unfocused bunch that Dom Capers coached in his final season.

They're cruising to the wins they get on pure talent and sheer dumb luck in the fact that Arian Foster wasn't drafted.

The guy needs to go. If mcNair had any balls he would get rid of him tomorrow. I am so sick of watching this clown playcalling.

Hardcore Texan
11-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I am once again pissed at Kubiak. But that intentional grounding call could have very well cost us the game.

Porky
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
To answer your question...yes.

gafftop
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
The big question is McNair smart enough to see that Kubiak is over his head or does he really care? The stadium is full and Kubiak is a great guy.

PhilpW
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I am once again pissed at Kubiak. But that intentional grounding call could have very well cost us the game.

Shitty coaching is what's costing this team games.

Ckw
11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
2 rushing attempts in the 4th quarter. TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foster dominated the whole game yet when it counts, Kubiak stops handing the ball off to him?!?!?!?

Yes, Kubiak is a moron.

Thorn
It doesn't matter now anyway. I'm just hoping Kubiak is gone next year.

DexmanC
...now we gotta watch Detroit finish off the Jets.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Nope. One play did not lose the game. The decision to go away from Foster and instead throw was what cost Htown the game.

Proudtexan25
11-07-2010, 04:10 PM
this was the worst officiated game in nfl history, of course the pink soapers don't care, any reason to whine about kubiak, WORST FANBASE IN SPORTS

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:11 PM

Foster dominated the whole game yet when it counts, Kubiak stops handing the ball off to him?!?!?!?

Yes, Kubiak is a moron.

Yes. This is the reason we lost. If stopped going with Foster. I can understand wanting to have some passing, but if you gave Foster say 4 more rushes, the game may have been different. Even if you lose, you gotta go with your strength and this year, getting the ball in Foster's hand is your strength.

BullNation4Life
Nope. One play did not lose the game. The decision to go away from Foster and instead throw was what cost Htown the game.

They didn't go away from Foster, Foster got shut down in the 2nd half by poor run blocking..

Mediocrity lives on Kirby...

DerekLee1
It's not just bad coaching. It's bad players. I actually thought the offensive playcalling in this game was the best I've seen all year. But receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. I put this one on or WR/TE corps. They hold on to even half of their drops, and we win this game by two scores.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
this was the worst officiated game in nfl history, of course the pink soapers don't care, any reason to whine about kubiak, WORST FANBASE IN SPORTS

You cannot be serious!

http://www.sportsvideodaily.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/mcenroe_24150t.jpg

cain78749
11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
this was the worst officiated game in nfl history, of course the pink soapers don't care, any reason to whine about kubiak, WORST FANBASE IN SPORTSUh, no. Complaining about the refs is whining. Pointing out Kubiag's obvious idiocy is simply what anyone with a brain would do at this point.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM
They didn't go away from Foster, Foster got shut down in the 2nd half by poor run blocking..

He was still getting positive yards in the third quarter.

But remember, you can also throw small passes to him. Foster is a better weapon right now than AJ. You gotta keep going to him while he was slashing through the Charger D. See that small pass that went for 30, thats what we needed more.

mattieuk
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM

So you're annoyed about the pink soap brigade being whiners?

Lol, nice one.

Porky
11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't feed the troll.

Did anyone notice is SD changed their D up in the second half to stop the run? I wasn't paying much attention but something changed.

What's up with the hurry up 4th down sneak anyway?

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes. This is the reason we lost. If stopped going with Foster. I can understand wanting to have some passing, but if you gave Foster say 4 more rushes, the game may have been different. Even if you lose, you gotta go with your strength and this year, getting the ball in Foster's hand is your strength.

That's because the Chargers stuffed Foster a few times. When teams do this Kubes goes into panic mode and completely forgot what got us the lead in the first place.

It wasn't Schaub or the WRs. It was Foster, Foster, and Foster. The WRs were dropping balls all game long, so it's only right for the game to end with our best WR dropping a ball that ends up an INT.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:18 PM

Yep, pretty much. Texans are beating teams they are better than talent wise but losing to teams they are equal to or less than talent wise.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:18 PM

Seriously. So true.

.......I'm ****ing sick of people saying things that are simply not true.

The run game was used, it didn't work when they adjusted to it.

One play or one call CAN kill a team. You can be a good team and STILL lose because of one play or one bad call.

Please stop with the cliched GARBAGE!

sometexansfan
11-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Uh, no. Complaining about the refs is whining. Pointing out Kubiag's obvious idiocy is simply what anyone with a brain would do at this point.

Exactly.

Mr. Texan
11-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Down by 6
3 timeouts left
4th down and 1
on your opponents 34
no-huddle QB sneak with 3+ mins left

hot pickle
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM

coming from a guy that joined the message board last month! :clap:

Stemp
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
The SD DL started getting penetration in the 2nd half.

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM

What poor play calls? That catch by Foster may have been a real catch, but the NFL football doesn't have a clue what a real catch is and they called that play consistent with the Calvin Johnson play and many other plays. That's how the NFL rules these things.

Soapers see another loss plain and simple. That's what they see. They see a team that everyone was excited for that is now 4-4 and possibly entering another under achieving 8-8 season under this moronic HC that can't lead a team anywhere.

And do you even realize that we lost to a Chargers team that doesn't have Vincent Jackson, Ryan Mathews (Who has been playing hurt all season and again today), Gates, and Malcom Floyd?? Yet our defense still got torn apart. This loss is on the coach, because once again we can't make that next step into becoming a dominant team.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Seriously. So true.

.......I'm ****ing sick of people saying things that are simply not true.

The run game was used, it didn't work when they adjusted to it.

One play or one call CAN kill a team. You can be a good team and STILL lose because of one play or one bad call.

Please stop with the cliched GARBAGE!

While I agree the Chargers Run D stepped up, I wish we still had gone to Foster.

Not even running the ball but screen plays.

Proudtexan25
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't feed the troll.

Did anyone notice is SD changed their D up in the second half to stop the run? I wasn't paying much attention but something changed.

What's up with the hurry up 4th down sneak anyway?

I'm a troll because I have a different opinion then you??

since your a pink soaper I don't expect you to understand, but not every loss is kubiaks fault, and there were alot of bad calls, but its nice to see how mature and friendly everyone on this board is, treating people with different opinions like crap

hot pickle
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM

since your a pink soaper I don't expect you to understand, but not every loss is kubiaks fault, and there were alot of bad calls, but its nice to see how mature and friendly everyone on this board is, treating people with different opinions like crap

reallly buddy??? if you wouldnt have added the worst fanbase in sports know one woulda said anything but you decided to insult the real texans fans and you expect us to respect your opinion?

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:32 PM
While I agree the Chargers Run D stepped up, I wish we still had gone to Foster.

Not even running the ball but screen plays.

We did man. He had four catches for 70 yards...

Goatcheese
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Whatever. I was going to try to argue but there really isn't any point. Pink soapers see what pink soapers want to see and ignore everything else.

The new guy is right, the Texans have some of the worst and most ignorant fans in all of sports.

DexmanC
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
The Texans now MUST sweep the Jags AND Titans, and beat the
Ravens AND Jets, PLUS beat the Eagles OR Broncos.

Good luck wit all that, Kubes.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
We did man. He had four catches for 70 yards...

Which to me says he should have got the ball on screen plays more, I believe they only gave him 3 short passes in the 2nd half, and he racked up yards on two of them. I'm also not a fan of going away from him even if they stuffed him a few times in the 3rd, which they did.

He was still the guy carrying the team, he was still the reason we had a lead in the first place.

The Passing game sure wasn't working, which is another thing entirely. Our passing game has dropped off significantly. At this point the only thing the Texans are good at is running the ball.

The Cush
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

BullNation4Life
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
He was still getting positive yards in the third quarter.

But remember, you can also throw small passes to him. Foster is a better weapon right now than AJ. You gotta keep going to him while he was slashing through the Charger D. See that small pass that went for 30, thats what we needed more.

and the freaking screen plays, where the hell is that page in Kubiak's D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. book of offensive plays?

it's pathetic....

BullNation4Life
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM

I honestly do not see a win until Denver in week 16, and that is after playing the Jags next week....

DerekLee1
11-07-2010, 04:43 PM

You could very well see a 9-7 team winning the AFC South this year.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Whatever. I was going to try to argue but there really isn't any point. Pink soapers see what pink soapers want to see and ignore everything else.

The new guy is right, the Texans have some of the worst and most ignorant fans in all of sports.

It's a lot of things too, other than what people thought they should have done compared to what they did do. Like the hurry up QB sneak with a full yard to go.

What the soapers see though is 4-4, it's been how many years now? The same story year after year. Meanwhile it seems like other teams with new coaches pass us right on by and we stay the same, losing games like this every year.

It is what it is, and we seem to beat up on mediocre teams and lose against the better teams...which leaves us around .500 every year.

Also our defense completely sucks, you can blame the coaches for that. Everyone is forgetting that had we just made the stops, we win this game.

hookinreds
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM

I haven't read the rest past this so someone else might have responded. Stopping Foster 2 times on two rushes after what he did prior to that is not shutting him down, that is just a rediculous statement.

kiwitexansfan
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I haven't read the rest past this so someone else might have responded. Stopping Foster 2 times on two rushes after what he did prior to that is not shutting him down, that is just a rediculous statement.

Kubiak is just looking for an excuse to go pass wacky. Nothing I saw today makes me change my mind on that.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM

I got lost in the game. Did Briesel play the entire first half, & Caldwell the entire second?

The Cush
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I got lost in the game. Did Briesel play the entire first half, & Caldwell the entire second?

Probably, Briesel was having a nice game with good blocks so Kubes had to pull the plug on what was working......as usual

hookinreds
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Bullnation4Life, sorry about that you were zinging the line not Foster...but still it was only two....I have to give the line the benifit that they would take care of it going on. Myers did well, but then I'd see him 6 Fing hards in the back field getting roasted when it counted.

JCTexan
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
It's a lot of things too, other than what people thought they should have done compared to what they did do. Like the hurry up QB sneak with a full yard to go.

What the soapers see though is 4-4, it's been how many years now? The same story year after year. Meanwhile it seems like other teams with new coaches pass us right on by and we stay the same, losing games like this every year.

It is what it is, and we seem to beat up on mediocre teams and lose against the better teams...which leaves us around .500 every year.

Also our defense completely sucks, you can blame the coaches for that. Everyone is forgetting that had we just made the stops, we win this game.

Well considering the upcoming schedule for the Texans if they can't beat some good teams they won't even be a .500 team this year. The only opponent they face from here on that has a losing record is Denver.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM

(14:47) 23-A.Foster left guard to HST 28 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire, 54-S.Cooper).

(12:20) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 28 for 5 yards (27-P.Oliver, 91-O.Nwagbuo).

(11:42) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 13 for 15 yards (99-K.Burnett).

(11:02) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 11 for 2 yards (74-J.Cesaire, 99-K.Burnett).

(3:40) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 43 for 3 yards (71-A.Garay).

(1:41) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 22 for 4 yards (96-T.Johnson).

(1:03) 23-A.Foster left guard to SD 22 for no gain (99-K.Burnett, 27-P.Oliver).

(15:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 17 for no gain (95-S.Phillips). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

(11:44) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 49 for -2 yards (71-A.Garay).

.....then we were down 29-23. No reason to run with time running out.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
It's not just bad coaching. It's bad players. I actually thought the offensive playcalling in this game was the best I've seen all year. But receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. I put this one on or WR/TE corps. They hold on to even half of their drops, and we win this game by two scores.

There was the tipped ball to JJ in the endzone, & Fosters, which I think was a touchdown. That's 11 points right there.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM

I agree with you, but it was pretty bad on both sides. Some of the calls hurt, some helped. We didn't do our part, capitalize on the ones that help, minimize the ones that hurt.

Can't blame the refs for that.

MannyFresh
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Kubiak is now the third Stooge with Childress and Phillips.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Down by 6
3 timeouts left
4th down and 1
on your opponents 34
no-huddle QB sneak with 3+ mins left

If that was Peyton Manning doing it, we'd call it genius.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Kubiak is now the third Stooge with Childress and Phillips.

lolol....Christ Almighty.

stingray

Problem is Schaub is no Manning, not even close.

TheMatrix31

Seriously. What do these people WANT us to do? If we THREW it, or ran it for no gain AGAIN with one of our RBs, they'd ***** and moan too.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

We can type "shit" on these boards.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM

Totally agree, this was on our D. Not making any excuses for that.

But if it makes you feel any better, the Titans didn't do any better. So unless you think the Titans are mediocre..... we're right there with them.

We've got 8 games left, our offense appears to have woken up.... if that is true, all is not lost.

This is the kind of lost I don't have a problem with. We were in it the whole game. This is not like the Cowboys, Giants, Indy game, where we didn't compete.

I can understand getting on the coaching staff for those three losses. But not this one.

Don't confuse a word I'm saying here. Right now, I believe Kubiak is working himself out of a job. The deck is stacked against him & I have serious doubt he'll come out ahead.

But I'm not going to ***** about losses where we weren't in the game & say, "It's about how we lost!!" Then ***** about a close game & come up with a different excuse to *****.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM

But if it makes you feel any better, the Titans didn't do any better. So unless you think the Titans are mediocre..... we're right there with them.

We've got 8 games left, our offense appears to have woken up.... if that is true, all is not lost.

This is the kind of lost I don't have a problem with. We were in it the whole game. This is not like the Cowboys, Giants, Indy game, where we didn't compete.

I can understand getting on the coaching staff for those three losses. But not this one.

Don't confuse a word I'm saying here. Right now, I believe Kubiak is working himself out of a job. The deck is stacked against him & I have serious doubt he'll come out ahead.

But I'm not going to ***** about losses where we weren't in the game & say, "It's about how we lost!!" Then ***** about a close game & come up with a different excuse to *****.

You're the most rational poster on this board.

hradhak
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM

I agree. I thought the gameplan was very well executed. Kubiak made the right calls, and we managed the clock well for most of the game. Our receivers have generally been solid this season, but they had enough drops to kill the game. We needed to execute and failed.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 05:24 PM

This team pretty much has to score 30+ every game. That's on the coaches for me, the players are never in the right spot on defense to even make the play and sometimes compared to other teams they just look lost out there. For them to be this bad, that's on the coaches. Just adding to the point and not correcting you or anything.

I don't think everyone here is bitching about it either, they just feel like we got away from the run. With how many dropped passes this team had this game though I'd put this one on the WRs a lot too. So many, a drop TD and a few that would have been conversions.

As for our offense waking up, the running game is fantastic. I think the passing game has a lot to do with Owen Daniels being a no-show for most of the season and Andre's hurt ankle. It doesn't seem like the defense is rolling coverage over to him anymore. It's not what it was last year which is a shame, after the first two weeks I sorta thought this offense coulda been something special this year.

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Don't try that. You came in here and immediately called out a large section of regular contributing members this board because YOU had a different opinion and acted like a wise ass about it. Don't whine and cry when you piss right into the wind. Get what you give.

Blake
11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
(14:47) 23-A.Foster left guard to HST 28 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire, 54-S.Cooper).

(12:20) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 28 for 5 yards (27-P.Oliver, 91-O.Nwagbuo).

(11:42) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 13 for 15 yards (99-K.Burnett).

(11:02) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 11 for 2 yards (74-J.Cesaire, 99-K.Burnett).

(3:40) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 43 for 3 yards (71-A.Garay).

(1:41) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 22 for 4 yards (96-T.Johnson).

(1:03) 23-A.Foster left guard to SD 22 for no gain (99-K.Burnett, 27-P.Oliver).

(15:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 17 for no gain (95-S.Phillips). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

(11:44) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 49 for -2 yards (71-A.Garay).

.....then we were down 29-23. No reason to run with time running out.

So a 3.1 YPC average in those 9 plays is getting shut down? Yes, the last 3 plays got shut down, but that is 3 plays.

Its on Kubiak. Thats what he says after every loss. And I agree 100% with him for once.

Hardcore Texan
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Shitty coaching is what's costing this team games.

Who you tellin'? I got a firm understanding of that already.

We'll never know now will we. And yes one play can cost you the game. My only point is that was a terrible call. And we are not good enough to overcome anything like that. BTW, I never said otherwise, that it wasn't Kubiak's fault.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Yes, Kubiak is a moron.

No, no, no. I have it on good authority that nobody runs the football when they're down by a single score with a mere 5:17 remaining on the clock. It's unheard of to attempt to slow the pass rush by giving your stud running back a shot at busting a long one with so little time to work with.

That never works. :kubepalm:

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
No, no, no. I have it on good authority that nobody runs the football when they're down by a single score with a mere 5:17 remaining on the clock. It's unheard of to attempt to slow the pass rush by giving your stud running back a shot at busting a long one with so little time to work with.

You're ****ing insufferable.

I never said just throw deep to WRs instead. You use the RBs in the passing game through screens and dumps. How many freakin' times do I have to say this?!

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Why would you have had Kubiak run the ball with Foster with 5 minutes left?

We had 2 good drives, and in both cases, were moving the ball quickly, efficiently, and easily. On the first, we got stuffed on a 4th and 1 with a QB sneak play that almost always works for us.

On the 2nd, our best receiver with glue hands not only drops the ball but literally kicks it into a defenders hands.

We didn't need Foster to run the ball 5 times during those drives. We would have scored on both possessions if our team could get out of its own way

Im not saying we should pass it every time, but if its working, stick with it. Schaub was clicking, things were going well, and Foster was getting big gains on screens and dump offs. The play calling was great as far as Im concerned.

We convert that QB sneak and we probably win the game.
AJ quits impersonating JJ and we probably win the game.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Kubiak is just looking for an excuse to go pass wacky. Nothing I saw today makes me change my mind on that.

I think when the intensity picks up he gets tunnel vision and he starts to tightly focus on this one corner of his Denny's menu where all the plays he likes best are. That's when we go one dimensional and we don't go there because they other team forces us into it. We go there because Kubiak's inability to cope with the pressure takes us there. Then, when the game is over and we've found some new way to keep the talking heads at ESPN laughing for another week Gary stands up in front of everybody and tells us what he should have done.

Then he promises to keep battling and do better.

Porky
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM

For the record I am a Blue Soaper. Pink is for sissy soapers. Blue is more of a manly soap. And it really gets your 2000 parts clean. :mariopalm:

Grforces
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Just confirms to me that little shannahan was alot more instrumental then most people thought. Not only does our D sux, but we havent seen the deep attemps to andre and jacoby as much as last year. And the whole Foster thing, if its working, stick with it, you obviously can't call anything better then kyle.

Porky
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I think when the intensity picks up he gets tunnel vision and he starts to tightly focus on this one corner of his Denny's menu where all the plays he likes best are. That's when we go one dimensional and we don't go there because they other team forces us into it. We go there because Kubiak's inability to cope with the pressure takes us there. Then, when the game is over and we've found some new way to keep the talking heads at ESPN laughing for another week Gary stands up in front of everybody and tells us what he should have done.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. /End Thread. :goodpost:

kiwitexansfan
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Great thought this.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
You're ****ing insufferable.

I never said just throw deep to WRs instead. You use the RBs in the passing game through screens and dumps. How many freakin' times do I have to say this?!

Ignore button, use it man.

Why would you have had Kubiak run the ball with Foster with 5 minutes left?

We had 2 good drives, and in both cases, were moving the ball quickly, efficiently, and easily. On the first, we got stuffed on a 4th and 1 with a QB sneak play that almost always works for us.

On the 2nd, our best receiver with glue hands not only drops the ball but literally kicks it into a defenders hands.

We didn't need Foster to run the ball 5 times during those drives. We would have scored on both possessions if our team could get out of its own way

Im not saying we should pass it every time, but if its working, stick with it. Schaub was clicking, things were going well, and Foster was getting big gains on screens and dump offs. The play calling was great as far as Im concerned.

We convert that QB sneak and we probably win the game.
AJ quits impersonating JJ and we probably win the game.

I'd have run the ball a couple of times in each of those drives. A delayed hand-off would have slowed the pass rush down and had the chance of going for big yards. That big void that Schaub seem to continue to step up into would have looked even better with Arian Foster bolting up through it.

The passing game did come on in the second half and I'm not saying we shouldn't have thrown the ball a lot in the fourth quarter. I just think that we can't protect the QB well this year (sacks bear that out) and our receivers (along with our QB) seem particularly inconsistent this season.
Schaub's accuracy seems to come and go almost from play to play. At the same time normally sure handed receivers are dropping balls left and right. JJ has been awful at times this year (If JJ had impersonated AJ in the end zone earlier in the game we don't have these threads for instance).

The game was lost due to a number of plays (or non-plays in some cases) and I disagreed with some decisions the Texans made like I do almost every week this year.

Showtime100
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM

I'm still giggling over this little piece of nonsense.

Ghostform
11-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Seems like the Kubiak supporters are more upset cuz they have to find more excuses this week.

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I'd have run the ball a couple of times in each of those drives. A delayed hand-off would have slowed the pass rush down and had the chance of going for big yards. That big void that Schaub seem to continue to step up into would have looked even better with Arian Foster bolting up through it.

The passing game did come on in the second half and I'm not saying we shouldn't have thrown the ball a lot in the fourth quarter. I just think that we can't protect the QB well this year (sacks bear that out) and our receivers (along with our QB) seem particularly inconsistent this season.
Schaub's accuracy seems to come and go almost from play to play. At the same time normally sure handed receivers are dropping balls left and right. JJ has been awful at times this year (If JJ had impersonated AJ in the end zone earlier in the game we don't have these threads for instance).

The game was lost due to a number of plays (or non-plays in some cases) and I disagreed with some decisions the Texans made like I do almost every week this year.

As a coach, I think the #1 rule should be "Go with whats working"

In the 1st half, the run game was on fire. We sometimes ran it for 5-6 times in succession. And we continued with it because it was working.

Here is the play by play from the 4th with 5 minutes left:

1st and 10 at HOU 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short right to A.Johnson to HST 33 for 5 yards (D.Strickland).
2nd and 5 at HOU 33 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass deep middle to J.Dreessen to SD 43 for 24 yards (P.Oliver).
1st and 10 at SD 43 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short left to J.Jones pushed ob at SD 38 for 5 yards (A.Cason).
2nd and 5 at SD 38 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to J.Dreessen. PENALTY on HST-M.Schaub, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at SD 38.
3rd and 15 at SD 47 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to J.Dreessen to SD 34 for 13 yards (Q.Jammer).
4th and 2 at SD 34 M.Schaub up the middle to SD 34 for no gain (A.Garay).

We had 5 plays. All were passes. We went 4/5 for 47 yards. An average of 9 yards per pass. If it wasn't for the bogus (and yes, it was bogus) intentional grounding call, we would have easily had a first down and been able to avoid the 4th down attempt.

That 4th down call was a good one as well. Schaub is usually money on the QB sneak. Id wager that was his first one that he didn't convert.

So the question: Why or when would you have run there? We didn't need a run. We were killing them through the air. 9 yards per pass? You stick with whats working.

Heres the second drive:
1st and 10 at HOU 14 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to J.Jones to HST 28 for 14 yards (A.Cason).
1st and 10 at HOU 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to A.Johnson (Q.Jammer).
2nd and 10 at HOU 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Foster to SD 39 for 33 yards (Q.Jammer, A.Cason).
1st and 10 at SD 39 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Foster to SD 35 for 4 yards (S.Cooper).
2nd and 6 at SD 35 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Johnson to SD 28 for 7 yards (K.Burnett; S.Cooper).
1st and 10 at SD 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to J.Dreessen.
2nd and 10 at SD 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass deep middle intended for A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by P.Oliver at SD 9. P.Oliver pushed ob at SD 24 for 15 yards (C.Myers). The Replay Assistant challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld.

6 plays, and again, we were 4/6 for 58 yards this time. Thats almost an average of 10 yards per play! Why run when you're averaging a 1st down every single drop back? Needless to say we had zero timeouts by this point as well.

Then Schaub throws a would be TD to AJ, our best player. He bobbles it and kicks it to a defensive back, game over.

How can you fault Kubiak for not running in that sequence? He called that up beautifully. Almost 10 yards a pass to get us into manageable distance, throw a strike to AJ, and he gives it away to a defender? Thats not on Kubiak at all.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
^ God, that's an AWESOME post.

texansdrummer
11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Don't try that. You came in here and immediately called out a large section of regular contributing members this board because YOU had a different opinion and acted like a wise ass about it. Don't whine and cry when you piss right into the wind. Get what you give.

Having an established presence on this board is hardly an indicator of intelligence or rational thought.

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Is he really that stupid?

Is water wet?

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Having an established presence on this board is hardly an indicator of intelligence or rational thought.

Agreed.

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Well, that may be true in some cases, but when we've got random newbies coming in here and spewing venom at folks in here all because they're criticizing a HC that hasn't proven a damn thing in this league other than the fact that he can put a mediocre team together, well I'll tend to chop it up with some of the regulars in here that have proven themselves to be pretty strong fans regardless of what their thoughts are. I have no issues with Kubiak supporters who are passionate fans, but I do take issues with the ones that come in here spewing venom at folks who aren't happy with this current regime when this current regime hasn't proven squat in 5 years other than the fact that they can lead a mediocre team that should be able to do better. And when it's some newbie that never pots and comes in here to take shots at other members who have a positive reputation around here, well I'll tend to give them the benefit of the doubt over the new guy who is storming in with his guns blazing.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
As a coach, I think the #1 rule should be "Go with whats working"

In the 1st half, the run game was on fire. We sometimes ran it for 5-6 times in succession. And we continued with it because it was working.

Here is the play by play from the 4th with 5 minutes left:

1st and 10 at HOU 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short right to A.Johnson to HST 33 for 5 yards (D.Strickland).
2nd and 5 at HOU 33 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass deep middle to J.Dreessen to SD 43 for 24 yards (P.Oliver).
1st and 10 at SD 43 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short left to J.Jones pushed ob at SD 38 for 5 yards (A.Cason).
2nd and 5 at SD 38 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to J.Dreessen. PENALTY on HST-M.Schaub, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at SD 38.
3rd and 15 at SD 47 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to J.Dreessen to SD 34 for 13 yards (Q.Jammer).
4th and 2 at SD 34 M.Schaub up the middle to SD 34 for no gain (A.Garay).

We had 5 plays. All were passes. We went 4/5 for 47 yards. An average of 9 yards per pass. If it wasn't for the bogus (and yes, it was bogus) intentional grounding call, we would have easily had a first down and been able to avoid the 4th down attempt.

That 4th down call was a good one as well. Schaub is usually money on the QB sneak. Id wager that was his first one that he didn't convert.

So the question: Why or when would you have run there? We didn't need a run. We were killing them through the air. 9 yards per pass? You stick with whats working.

Heres the second drive:
1st and 10 at HOU 14 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to J.Jones to HST 28 for 14 yards (A.Cason).
1st and 10 at HOU 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to A.Johnson (Q.Jammer).
2nd and 10 at HOU 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Foster to SD 39 for 33 yards (Q.Jammer, A.Cason).
1st and 10 at SD 39 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Foster to SD 35 for 4 yards (S.Cooper).
2nd and 6 at SD 35 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Johnson to SD 28 for 7 yards (K.Burnett; S.Cooper).
1st and 10 at SD 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to J.Dreessen.
2nd and 10 at SD 28 (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass deep middle intended for A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by P.Oliver at SD 9. P.Oliver pushed ob at SD 24 for 15 yards (C.Myers). The Replay Assistant challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld.

6 plays, and again, we were 4/6 for 58 yards this time. Thats almost an average of 10 yards per play! Why run when you're averaging a 1st down every single drop back? Needless to say we had zero timeouts by this point as well.

Then Schaub throws a would be TD to AJ, our best player. He bobbles it and kicks it to a defensive back, game over.

How can you fault Kubiak for not running in that sequence? He called that up beautifully. Almost 10 yards a pass to get us into manageable distance, throw a strike to AJ, and he gives it away to a defender? Thats not on Kubiak at all.

You're right, I'm wrong. Excellent post.

DexmanC
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Kubiak was looking for "balance." The run could have been working
brilliantly for 35 handoffs, but he'll FIND away to squeeze 40 passes
into the game. One-pass-too-many was an interception to end the game.

I saw ONE draw play in the game, and it hit for big yardage. Why don't we
do it MORE OFTEN WITH FOSTER!!?? I saw ONE screen, and it hit
for big yardage. Why don't we do it MORE OFTEN WITH FOSTER??

When pass rushers tee off, why don't we go to draws & screens to Foster?

Wolf
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM

come on I can't find a reason to fault that play .. he got the ball to the AJ .. AJ should have caught it cleanly. when the chips are down, I hope some of y'all want the ball in AJ's hands

Rey
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes.

DexmanC
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
come on I can't find a reason to fault that play .. he got the ball to the AJ .. AJ should have caught it cleanly. when the chips are down, I hope some of y'all want the ball in AJ's hands

My point is, it shouldn't have come down to that play. Kubiak panics
too soon, and it bites us every time.

Marcus
11-07-2010, 08:25 PM
So you're annoyed about the pink soap brigade being whiners?

Lol, nice one.

What would you call it, then?

It doesn't matter anyway. The guy who gave Kubiak an extension couldn't give two shits what the Pink Soap crowd thinks.

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
My point is, it shouldn't have come down to that play. Kubiak panics
too soon, and it bites us every time.

What do you mean it shouldn't have come down to that play?

We had zero timeouts.
There was only 1 minute and 20 something seconds left.
We were still 30 yards out and required a TD

We absolutely had to pass in that situation.

Runner
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't think Kubiak is stupid. I think he's overwhelmed by the responsibilities of being a head coach.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
The answer to the thread title is, "Yes!"

:)

Kaiser Toro
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know if he is stupid, but I do know it is on him.

JCTexan
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM

You had to pass it in that situation, and passing it to the best receiver in the league is not a bad play at all.

What do you mean it shouldn't have come down to that play?

We had zero timeouts.
There was only 1 minute and 20 something seconds left.
We were still 30 yards out and required a TD

We absolutely had to pass in that situation.

Houston had one timeout left at that point. They used it on the first kneel down.

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
You had to pass it in that situation, and passing it to the best receiver in the league is not a bad play at all.

Houston had one timeout left at that point. They used it on the first kneel down.

You're right, I missed that. Good call

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Just confirms to me that little shannahan was alot more instrumental then most people thought. Not only does our D sux, but we havent seen the deep attemps to andre and jacoby as much as last year. And the whole Foster thing, if its working, stick with it, you obviously can't call anything better then kyle.

I don't know if this proves that at all.

For all I know, Kubiak was the shot caller last season & every season before. Shanahan was learning. Even when Kubiak said he's giving Shanahan more responsibility, I doubt he got completely hands off.

With Dennison, he's probably 85-90% hands off, letting Dennison run the show only giving general direction & final veto.

IMO, we're probably seeing too much Dennison & suffering from a lack of Kubiak...

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Seems like the Kubiak supporters are more upset cuz they have to find more excuses this week.

I'm not upset, I'm not making excuses.

I'll take a loss like that.

I was upset about the Giants loss, & the Cowboys loss. Little peaved about the Indy loss.

Other than this being the 4th loss of the season (I am upset about that), We drop to 3rd in the division... (upset about that), not getting any closer to turning the corner (I'm upset about that)... all the intangibles that went with this game,, I'm upset about.

But playing the way they did & losing... we've seen worse. That's not where the bar is or anything like that. My expectations aren't low, I wanted that win. But there was nothing to be embarrassed about in that game. We're not going to win them all.

How 'bout dem Cowboys?!

TEXANRED
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM

For all I know, Kubiak was the shot caller last season & every season before. Shanahan was learning. Even when Kubiak said he's giving Shanahan more responsibility, I doubt he got completely hands off.

With Dennison, he's probably 85-90% hands off, letting Dennison run the show only giving general direction & final veto.

IMO, we're probably seeing too much Dennison & suffering from a lack of Kubiak...

Going out on a limb here but its not the offense that has been the reason we have lost.

So if wade get fired tonight do we hire him tonight?

BigBull17
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Yep. He is that stupid. If he had committed to running in the Colts game, we would have killed them. **** him. He is a nice guy and all, but shit can him.

hradhak
11-07-2010, 11:09 PM

Li'l Shanny called the plays for the last game 2 seasons ago and most of last season. As far as I can tell Kubiak still makes the game plan and selects the plays in the playbook they are going to run with input from Dennison and Schaub and the offensive personnel coaches, but Dennison makes the play calls with final veto from Kubiak.

The game planning this season has been much more inconsistent this season and really the only component that has changed is Dennison. If that's the case, Kubiak does indeed need to step in and take more control or may be he should be calling the plays himself.

Rey
11-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not upset, I'm not making excuses.

I'll take a loss like that.

I was upset about the Giants loss, & the Cowboys loss. Little peaved about the Indy loss.

Other than this being the 4th loss of the season (I am upset about that), We drop to 3rd in the division... (upset about that), not getting any closer to turning the corner (I'm upset about that)... all the intangibles that went with this game,, I'm upset about.

But playing the way they did & losing... we've seen worse. That's not where the bar is or anything like that. My expectations aren't low, I wanted that win. But there was nothing to be embarrassed about in that game. We're not going to win them all.

How 'bout dem Cowboys?!

Yeah...I would have liked to see them put it all together and get a win, but I'm not terribly upset with this loss.

Losing this game just reminds me of the other games that got away...Had we actually shown up and won one or two of the games that we gave away this loss would really be nothing..

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
it doesn't matter anyway. The guy who gave kubiak an extension couldn't give two shits what the pink soap crowd thinks.

sssshhhhheeeewwwwww!!!

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Going out on a limb here but its not the offense that has been the reason we have lost.

So if wade get fired tonight do we hire him tonight?

I don't know, what do you think of Tennessee's defense?

Do you think they need to replace their DC?

It's not like we were playing the worse offense in the league, far from it. This game was billed as a shoot-out, & that's what we got.

San Diego has lost most of their games because of their special teams blunders... we only got them on that one punt, & though our return game was better, it's not like we broke of anything unusually long.

Their defense showed up in the second half.... ours didn't.

That's football.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Li'l Shanny called the plays for the last game 2 seasons ago and most of last season.

That's why their playing musical QBs in Washington.... gotcha.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah...I would have liked to see them put it all together and get a win, but I'm not terribly upset with this loss.

Losing this game just reminds me of the other games that got away...Had we actually shown up and won one or two of the games that we gave away this loss would really be nothing..

I'd rep ya, but I can't.

So true... so true.

hot pickle
11-07-2010, 11:23 PM
lol this board is such chaos these days lol i call out a guy for calling houston fans the worst fan base ever and then i start getting neg rep for not letting people share there opinions lol gotta love when the texans lose lol

HTown2ATX
11-07-2010, 11:27 PM
...now we gotta watch Detroit finish off the Jets.

^^This

I was pissed at thinking how teams like Detroit and Oakland and to a lesser extent Cleveland with Colt McCoy at the helm seem to be improving. In all honesty Detroit should have a better record right now and has hung in there to the wire on some teams + the week 1 jobbing on the TD. OAK came back on us and IMO we were lucky to hold them off.

Texans = FAIL

:mariopalm:

TEXANRED
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't know, what do you think of Tennessee's defense?

Do you think they need to replace their DC?

It's not like we were playing the worse offense in the league, far from it. This game was billed as a shoot-out, & that's what we got.

San Diego has lost most of their games because of their special teams blunders... we only got them on that one punt, & though our return game was better, it's not like we broke of anything unusually long.

Their defense showed up in the second half.... ours didn't.

That's football.

Thats Texans football.

Once is a fluke
Twice is a trend
Thrice or more is who you are.

hot pickle
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM
^^This

I was pissed at thinking how teams like Detroit and Oakland and to a lesser extent Cleveland with Colt McCoy at the helm seem to be improving.

Texans = FAIL

the thing that gets to me the most is a team like tampa bay... young coach and QB putting up good fights against really good teams... and there 5-2

i think thats a perfect example of how kubiak just isnt that good of a head coach!

the casserly/capers excuses cant be used 5 years later

Lucky
11-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Losing this game just reminds me of the other games that got away...
What other games that got away? The Texans were clobbered in their previous 3 losses. This game looked like most of the '09 losses. Not making the plays necessary to win.

To answer the question in the thread title, no Kubiak is not that stupid. He's just a coordinator trapped in a head coach's office. Gary should be in the booth. He's not a leader of men and has no business on the sideline.

JCTexan
11-08-2010, 12:44 AM
the thing that gets to me the most is a team like tampa bay... young coach and QB putting up good fights against really good teams... and there 5-2

i think thats a perfect example of how kubiak just isnt that good of a head coach!

the casserly/capers excuses cant be used 5 years later

Tampa Bay is 5-3 and has yet to beat a team above .500. They've beaten Cincinnati, Cleveland, St Louis, Arizona & Carolina (All .500 or worse). They've been beat by Pittsburgh, New Orleans & Atlanta (All above .500).

Houston has beaten Kansas City, Oakland, Indy & Washington (All .500 or better). Apples to oranges on comparing who they have beaten, and Tampa Bay still only has one more win than Houston does. :kitten:

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 06:50 AM
^^This

I was pissed at thinking how teams like Detroit and Oakland and to a lesser extent Cleveland with Colt McCoy at the helm seem to be improving. In all honesty Detroit should have a better record right now and has hung in there to the wire on some teams + the week 1 jobbing on the TD. OAK came back on us and IMO we were lucky to hold them off.

Texans = FAIL

It's funny, When Houston was playing those kinds of games last year, it wasn't good enough. Detroit, Oakland, Cleveland.... now that's what we want.

hot pickle
11-08-2010, 07:37 AM
i would just love to see us start a game against a team that we know we are better then and just run away with the game... i think thats what seperatess super bowl champions from other teams.. you take NO, NYG, and GB for example yesterday. i honestly dont see it happening with kubiak and co. everytime it looks like the texans will blow the game outta the water and let the other team come back in the game and get dangerously close to screwing it up... i though yesterday for sure after the game was ours after the 2nd half.. we were playing really well and then we came out like a bunch of bums again, that kinda thing shouldnt happen to a team that is expected to make the playoffs and even expected to make it to the superbowl by some....i think kubes has done a good job getting us to the next step but he struggling to get us to the top and how long do we have to wait??