PDA

View Full Version : Foster is going banannas!

jaayteetx
11-07-2010, 01:51 PM
How bout that as a nickname, "banannas" Foster? I know, I know....

TexansFanatic
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Or even Bananas Foster.

EDIT: ;-))

Showtime100
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm just glad Kubiak rests him on 3rd & short deep in SD territory. :sarcasm:

Ckw
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh the irony.

Arian Nation is going bananas...

Corrosion
11-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm just glad Kubiak rests him on 3rd & short deep in SD territory. :sarcasm:

Im not gonna complain about that one play .... He hasnt tried to get cute yet ..... Lets hope he keeps running the damn ball till they stop it ,,,, and then run it again.

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Not anymore...

Gary Stupiak showed back up.

powerfuldragon
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
How bout that as a nickname, "banannas" Foster? I know, I know....

... you saw it during half time.

CretorFrigg
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
One of the bright spots during today's game was Foster. When all seemed hopeless, Foster still slithered through the defense and carved them up for huge gains. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't sold on Foster at first. His history with injuries and fumbles in college compelled me to doubt him. Boy was I wrong. His vision, elusiveness and speed sure are deceiving. I'm glad we have him.

How about "The Snake" Foster as a nickname?

Showtime100
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM
One of the bright spots during today's game was Foster. When all seemed hopeless, Foster still slithered through the defense and carved them up for huge gains. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't sold on Foster at first. His history with injuries and fumbles in college compelled me to doubt him. Boy was I wrong. His vision, elusiveness and speed sure are deceiving. I'm glad we have him.

How about "The Snake" Foster as a nickname?

I don't like nickname hand-me-downs myself but that's just me. Besides, that would make Kubes Gary "The Mongoose" Kubiak.

ThaShark316
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
As a black man I have an issue with how uptight some people would get for calling an afro-american male "bananas"

JB
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
As a black man I have an issue with how uptight some people would get for calling an afro-american male "bananas"

What!?? :confused:

eriadoc
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Banana is a derogatory term Asians use toward one another.

BSofA04
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Bananas is what happened tonight. We wasted Foster's good game.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM

I don't think he's afro-American, though; I think he's "Weird."

CretorFrigg
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Banana is a derogatory term Asians use toward one another.

I don't think it's necessarily derogatory. My brother-in-law, who's Asian, jokes that he's a "banana."

It's just simply used to describe an Asian-American who grew up in the States because they are yellow outside, but white inside.

Wolf
11-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Bananas Foster

Bananas Foster is a dessert made from bananas and vanilla ice cream, with the sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, dark rum, and banana liqueur. The butter, sugar and bananas are cooked, and then the alcohol is added and ignited. The bananas and sauce are then served over the ice cream. Preparation of the dish is often made into a tableside performance as a flambé.

The dish was created in 1951 by Paul Blangé at Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana.[2] It was named for Richard Foster, a friend of Owen Brennan's who was then New Orleans Crime Commission chairman. It is still served at a number of fine restaurants in New Orleans as well as in many restaurants around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananas_Foster

so Foster is a fruit desert that is ohh so yummy :good:

:joker:

HJam72
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Bananas Foster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananas_Foster

so Foster is a fruit desert that is ohh so yummy :good:

:joker:

It's perfect! Foster is a flaming fruit. :)

eriadoc
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't think it's necessarily derogatory. My brother-in-law, who's Asian, jokes that he's a "banana."

It's just simply used to describe an Asian-American who grew up in the States because they are yellow outside, but white inside.

The N-word isn't derogatory either, when used as a self-descriptor, or among friends. Anyway, it's irrelevant to the conversation, but someone brought up the afro-American thing (whatever that is).

HJam72
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
The N-word isn't derogatory either, when used as a self-descriptor, or among friends. Anyway, it's irrelevant to the conversation, but someone brought up the afro-American thing (whatever that is).

Apparently "black" is now unspeakable.

Oh, no! I just said it. :mariopalm: