PDA

View Full Version : This is a MUST WIN game.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Ok. This is it. This is the MUST win game for the Texans this season. If the Texans win this game, they go to 5-3. There are 8 games left and the Texans would have to go 5-3 over those 8 to get to 10-6. There is no guarantee this would happen, but its certainly possible. A win today means they still have a chance.

However, if they lose today, they drop to 4-4. Now, over the remaining 8 they need to go 6-2, which is a MUCH tougher predicament than 5-3. So simply put: win and they have a chance, lose and they are pretty much done.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I definitely think it's a must win, but from a mental stand point. We would still be alive mathmaticaly with a loss, regardless what the odds of us fininshing the season with a record to get to the post season.

But mentally, a loss means a drop to the bottom of the division. A win would mean we're keeping up with the division leader (Colts win, they go to 6-2, a loss, we'll be 4-4). We already lost the lead, we already blew our opportunity to re-take the lead (not good for a team turning the corner), we can't allow that lead to widen.

To me, even though the Sept/Oct games will help set you up for a post season berth, I believe it's the way you're playing in November & December that are really important. We're already in the hole to start the month of November, definitely haven't played our best ball to date (at least I hope I haven't seen the Texans best ball yet).

Time to get it in gear & make that push.

beerlover
11-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Ok. This is it. This is the MUST win game for the Texans this season. If the Texans win this game, they go to 5-3. There are 8 games left and the Texans would have to go 5-3 over those 8 to get to 10-6. There is no guarantee this would happen, but its certainly possible. A win today means they still have a chance.

However, if they lose today, they drop to 4-4. Now, over the remaining 8 they need to go 6-2, which is a MUCH tougher predicament than 5-3. So simply put: win and they have a chance, lose and they are pretty much done.

then 4-4 would fit my 8-8 prediction. I think this could actually boost Texans horses next draft to actually have a chance in the playoffs...if they follow our advice :barman:

drs23
11-07-2010, 09:53 AM
then 4-4 would fit my 8-8 prediction. I think this could actually boost Texans horses next draft to actually have a chance in the playoffs...if they follow our advice :barman:

bl, since when have *they* done that? :rake:

alphajoker
11-07-2010, 10:02 AM

Eight of the last nine games are against AFC teams, practically almost every game is a must win if they want to make the playoffs. We cannot rely on help from other teams. Wins like the one the Texans need to get today, go towards in favor of all the tie breakers and scenarios that set up at the end of the year come playoff time. Texans need this one bad.

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Eight of the last nine games are against AFC teams, practically almost every game is a must win if they want to make the playoffs. We cannot rely on help from other teams. Wins like the one the Texans need to get today, go towards in favor of all the tie breakers and scenarios that set up at the end of the year come playoff time. Texans need this one bad.

Can we start with the "most important game in Texans history" yet?

Can we??

Can we??

Huh??

Huh??

alphajoker
11-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Can we start with the "most important game in Texans history" yet?

Can we??

Can we??

Huh??

Huh??

Don't we have enough of those threads already? lol

beerlover
11-07-2010, 10:21 AM
bl, since when have *they* done that? :rake:

like, will the Texans win a Must Game, hope springs eternal :mail:

there seems to be a level of disconnect, something just has never felt right about this team from day one. eventually they'll find the "right fit" I know they say the journey is half the fun but in reality this run has sure seemed like a series of mis-steps, year after year, replace coach, GM, every player on the roster, hit less than 50% in draft, never make a spash in free agency & when they do Texans over spend for what the receive in return.

so if you believe then Awtysst is correct, this is a must win game, if you don't then there is always next year :smiliepalm:

Thorn
11-07-2010, 10:36 AM
So simply put: win and they have a chance, lose and they are pretty much done.

This.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Have we ever had a not-must-win game, except for when we went 2-14 and had a couple must-lose games? :bubbles:

Texan4Ever
11-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Philip Rivers scares me in this matchup (and he is starting on my FFB team). I just hope we can get some pressure on the quarterback and pop him a few times and force him to make stupid mistakes.

Oh, and Kubiak...RUN THE DAMN BALL!

Texan_Touchdown
11-07-2010, 11:36 AM
This game means a lot to today. But after today it doesn't matter. We're 1-1 in division. we can go 8-8 and still make the play offs, if we sweep the jags and split with titans. because of Colts lose to Jags.

Now, the Texans this year haven't been real streaky. Either for the bad or good. We haven't lossed 2 games in a row this season so let's see what happens today.

Phillip Rivers is a good quarterback, but he get's too emotional IMO so lets dial up so damn pressure please.

BullNation4Life
11-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I am so sick of this "Must win" and "biggest game in Texans History" crap it is almost comical.

I hope for the day that a game like this, is just another game and not some "Must win" and the "Biggest game in Texans history" isn't just another regular season game in November...

9 years and still sad....

BullNation4Life
11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
This game means a lot to today. But after today it doesn't matter. We're 1-1 in division. we can go 8-8 and still make the play offs, if we sweep the jags and split with titans. because of Colts lose to Jags.

Now, the Texans this year haven't been real streaky. Either for the bad or good. We haven't lossed 2 games in a row this season so let's see what happens today.

Phillip Rivers is a good quarterback, but he get's too emotional IMO so lets dial up so damn pressure please.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 8-8 is not gonna come close to getting into the playoffs. Hell 10-6 might not get there. Texans are gonna have to win the division out right in order to get in and it aint happening with an 8-8 record.

dc_txtech
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think this is a must win game, however I do think it is a must play well game.

:hides:

beerlover
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't think this is a must win game, however I do think it is a must play well game.

:hides:

then when does it become a "MUST WIN" game exactly :smiliepalm:

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
then when does it become a "MUST WIN" game exactly :smiliepalm:

THAT was a must win game and the Texans did not perform. I see a 7 or 8 win team this year.

2006:6-10
2007:8-8
2008:8-8
2009:9-7
20010: 7-9 or 8-8?

Thorn
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
At the very least, the Texans have to go 6-2 the rest of the season to end up 10-6 to get lucky and sneak into the playoffs. More realisticly, they have to go 7-1 to get to the playoffs.

While the season is pretty much done now as far as the playoffs go, I'll continue to watch, but probably not as enthusiastically as I've been. At least now we can put away the MUST WIN crap for this season, because it's a moot point at 4-4.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
At the very least, the Texans have to go 6-2 the rest of the season to end up 10-6 to get lucky and sneak into the playoffs. More realisticly, they have to go 7-1 to get to the playoffs.

While the season is pretty much done now as far as the playoffs go, I'll continue to watch, but probably not as enthusiastically as I've been. At least now we can put away the MUST WIN crap for this season, because it's a moot point at 4-4.

You think 11 wins is necessary? I think 10 is in and 9 is a maybe.

beerlover
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM

so your saying you'll watch next week but it's not a "MUST WIN" against Jacksonville :deadhorse

Thorn
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm saying with the schedule that is left, the Texans can only afford one, maybe two loses. I don't think this team is up to that.

beerlover
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm saying with the schedule that is left, the Texans can only afford one, maybe two loses. I don't think this team is up to that.

OK. So next up is Jacksonville who blasted the Cowboys last game 35-17 before "BYE WEEK". Once looked like a gimmie, a lay-up now looks like one of those old battle red match-ups trying not to finish last in division. You know they have extra time to rest & prepare for the Texans in what amounts to another "MUST WIN" game. the difference is we are playing for that old friend pride & not playoff position, since that's been farted away :kubepalm: