PDA

View Full Version : GAMEDAY Texans Chargers

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
This one is less on the coach, more on the defense. Our defense is inexcusable.

Coach hired the clown who coaches the defense. He and said clown (along with previous defensive clowns) picked said defense.

It's on Gary. Every last mistake is on Gary. If I'd attended the game (I didn't today) and got a flat Coke it would be on Gary.

Literally.

MEGA SWATT
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I still wanna hear from the head of officiating how the Foster TD crossing the goal line is not a TD.

exactly. he broke the plane and had control and was palming the ball in one hand (ie he had control) and then the ground caused the ball to go loose. That is still a TD.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/823/referee-ball-broke-the-plane
Why was it ruled a touchdown?

Walt Coleman: You have to have two feet down to complete the catch. He had two feet down and completed the catch with control of the ball breaking the plane of the goal line.

So the ball broke the plane in your view?

WC: Yeah, the ball was breaking the plane. He had two feet down. When he gained control of the ball, the ball was breaking the plane and then he fell into the field of play. But to have a touchdown, all you have to have is a catch, which is two feet down, possession and control of the ball breaking the plane.

Intentional grounding call/loss of down when MS had a TE on the crossing route.

The last interception - the ball hit the ground.

The league really wanted SD to win this game.

Hello 500 ball AGAIN.

Proudtexan25
You can't blame the refs for the stupid rule, that is not their fault.

yes I can, the Pollard "hold" that gave them 2 points, the numerous bad spots, the bs touchdown steal, the bs intentional grounding, the dropped interception to end the game that stood for god knows why, we know it costed up a difference of 6 points, how much did we "lose" by?

Mailman
Oh, and AJ knows it. He looked like he was ready to get out his pads and never put them on again at the end of the game. I guess one epic fail every decade is allowed. What hurt most, is that he had the ball caught.

And it was a TD if he simply catches the ball! He had a clear path to the end zone with one man to beat and his momentum taking him away from the play.

BullsOnParade
Oh no, we saw what the Texans are made of today.

They're .500 and in the midst of their mid-season swoon. They'll lose the next 2-3 games and then start talking about character and not quitting long after there is any point in the season. I've seen this act 5 years running.

Say what you will, but the Cardinals had a very similar loss two years ago when they went to the Super Bowl. The season isn't over, but it's close.

False Start
If I'd attended the game (I didn't today) and got a flat Coke it would be Gary.

:lol:

SAMURAITEXAN
11-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Don't know what to say at the moment.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:20 PM
2 runs in the entire 4th quarter. I don't need to say anything else.

Kubiak can't help it. He abandons the run when it's working because he gets thinking he's playing from behind and trying to catch up. For some reason this stupid god-damned aggie thinks a close game is the same as being behind. For all his talk about being in a position to win in the fourth quarter he's easily the worst coach I've ever seen at doing it.

Seriously, 2 runs in the entire quarter? When Arian Foster was running all over these guys? That's on Gary again. That's his offense.

TexCanada
yes I can, the Pollard "hold" that gave them 2 points, the numerous bad spots, the bs touchdown steal, the bs intentional grounding, the dropped interception to end the game that stood for god knows why, we know it costed up a difference of 6 points, how much did we "lose" by?

You didn't read my post. I said you can't blame the refs for the RULE on the touchdown. They don't make the rules, they enforce them. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

PockyAF
I truly don't understand what you are trying to say here. Sorry.

Agree to disagree there buddy. I won't be able to convince you and you aren't convincing me. Just move along. And coward? Really? This is an internet forum. We are sitting in front of computers....seriously? How can one be a coward on the internet?

I don't understand how you wouldn't. But hey, don't worry, I work with translators on a daily basis. You're pretty much saying you have no rebuttal to what I said, so you play dumb and pretend you don't understand. Ok, gotcha.

Fine, you want to disagree and be delusional, that's ok. Yea, you can totally be cowards on the internet. Ever heard of cyberbullying? Totally unrelated to what is going on here, but that's one example to being a coward over a computer monitor.

MojoX
I'm more angry about the field goals that should have been touchdowns than anything else. Arian had a good day but ****ed up when he didn't control the ball and I don't know what in the hell they were thinking not having Foster in on the running play that Ward got stopped on. Both of those ended up equaling 6 points when we should have had 14. That's the game, not some bogus officiating whine.

Ward was in because Foster was winded. I think Foster took himself out for a breather. I was surprised that Kubiak didn't take more time, even using a time out, to get Foster enough rest to get back in there. They needed to make sure they got 7 on that drive.

What bothered me most with this game were the many off-target passes and dropped balls. For all the flack the coach gets, some of those pass calls appeared well-timed, but were bungled by the players.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Texans should have put a claim on Moss.

Proudtexan25
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Why is our fanbase so scared to blame the refs, its always Kubiaks fault or players fault, nope not this time, its all on the refs and noone will convince me otherwise.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Pollard did hold though. I watched the game, saw the play, and Pollard held him. I'm sorry it's inconvenient for us but it was the correct call.

mattieuk
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Texans 4th quarter offense.

Arian Foster Runs: 2

Schaub runs/passes: 16

All you need to know about Kubiak's head coaching ability.

I hear you, we should've run with Foster more...I couldn't understand the pass to JD on the 2nd to last play that almost got picked off...run the ball, and if there is no gain, then we've 3 downs to get ten yards.

But still, Arian had over 30 touches. He did have plenty of the ball. I can just imagine the reaction if he got banged up, as a result of being over used.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Kubiak can't help it. He abandons the run when it's working because he gets thinking he's playing from behind and trying to catch up. For some reason this stupid god-damned aggie thinks a close game is the same as being behind. For all his talk about being in a position to win in the fourth quarter he's easily the worst coach I've ever seen at doing it.

Seriously, 2 runs in the entire quarter? When Arian Foster was running all over these guys? That's on Gary again. That's his offense.

Did you watch the fourth quarter or are you just parroting garbage? The run was going NOWHERE. The blocking was terrible in the second half and the defense adjusted to it. Instead, we used him more in the passing game.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Why is our fanbase so scared to blame the refs, its always Kubiaks fault or players fault, nope not this time, its all on the refs and noone will convince me otherwise.

The interception was legit. If you're complaining about the TD that Foster "dropped," well it's not the referees--the rules are stupid.

BullsOnParade
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Did you watch the fourth quarter or are you just parroting garbage? The run was going NOWHERE. The blocking was terrible in the second half and the defense adjusted to it. Instead, we used him more in the passing game.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Right on.

HJam72
What I'm really getting sick of is Wilson not helping out on the long routes early enough and some serious lack on player motivation.

Mailman

Hell yes! I'm still furious about that. They allowed a division rival to get much stronger with two games left against said rival.

kingh99

You think he would treat the Aggie and the Schwab better than Brady or the Wrangler? Naw, psycho Randy's only going to play hard for his brother in Nashville. Yeah, you heard it hear first, Young an Moss are going to be monster this season. Can see it from a mile and a half away.

False Start
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I still wanna hear from the head of officiating how the Foster TD crossing the goal line is not a TD.

Yeah, that rule is crap. During the game they showed the Colt McCoy highlight where he ran and stabbed the pylon. That was considered a TD, but not the run by Foster..... :thinking:

Thats how things go though, crap rule.

GuerillaBlack
The interception was legit. If you're complaining about the TD that Foster "dropped," well it's not the referees--the rules are stupid.

But it's not a rule. It's an "interpretation". Foster had the ball in both hands when he crossed the plane. He put the ball in his right hand has a Charger was grabbing his ankles, he started slipping and tried to hold himself up with the ball. I have no idea what that was not a TD. The NFL is seriously dumb.

RTP2110

Really? It wasn't the players fault when continually they let SD receivers get behind them for long touchdowns? That's the ref's fault? It was the ref's fault that Andre couldn't control that last pass?

The refs made bad calls both ways. It's still only 4 or 5 plays out of 120. Kubiak's hurry up and QB sneak call was a questionable coaching decision. Ref's fault?

mattieuk
Hell yes! I'm still furious about that. They allowed a division rival to get much stronger with two games left against said rival.

:mariopalm:

HJam72

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Actually, the run blocking wasn't so great in the first half either, but Foster dealt with it....until it got worse.

TexansSeminole
Oh don't worry, I work with translators on a daily basis. You're pretty much saying you have no rebuttal to what I said, so you play dumb and pretend you don't understand. Ok, gotcha.

Fine, you want to disagree and be delusional, that's ok. Yea, you can totally be cowards on the internet. Ever heard of cyberbullying? Totally unrelated to what is going on here, but that's one example to being a coward over a computer monitor.

There is no rebuttal to be made. I'll say I don't agree with the QB sneak, you'll say you do. What type of conversation is that? I'm trying to end it. Last reply to you about this subject.

Again, moving along.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:26 PM

Are you serious? That's embarrassing from a Texans fans perspective.

Why are so many Texans fans in denial about the mistakes this team made today (and continue to make) that cost us the game. Do you just black out the previous play in your mind when you see a yellow flag or something? I didn't see one entirely merit-less penalty called on the Texans today. Even the intentional grounding call was poorly sold by Schaub. He had a guy on that side of the field. He in no way looked like he was making any effort to try and throw it to that guy. He did throw it away and got caught not making it look good. That kind of sloppy execution is what's killing us in all phases of the game.

We deserved to lose this game because our players weren't focused, our coaches called some incomprehensible plays, and our defense is the worst in NFL history (which sounds like exaggeration but if I'm not mistaken is actually true).

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM
What I'm really getting sick of is Wilson not helping out on the long routes early enough and some serious lack on player motivation.

Idk what it is, on every long ball the safetys are nowhere to be seen.

TheMatrix31
Actually, the run blocking wasn't so great in the first half either, but Foster dealt with it....until it got worse.

Whatever. You have to adjust.

Our spoiled (for some reason, we haven't done JACK and this ****ing fanbase is spoiled as shit) ass fans would ***** and moan that we didn't mix it up and didn't get the receivers involved, if we kept running it to no avail just to keep Arian going.

Pantherstang84

Only ignorant fans blame losses on the refs.

HJam72
I think most of us know the QB sneak for an entire yard with Matt Schaub against SD was a mistake. Heck, it didn't work.

Mailman
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
It seems to me that too many of us are ignoring a key fact: our BEST PLAYER failed when it mattered most. That was winning time, a good play was called, the pass was on target, and Andre Johnson went Jacoby Jones on his team.

That was a TD, folks. AJ ****ed up.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Whatever. You have to adjust.

Our spoiled (for some reason, we haven't done JACK and this ****ing fanbase is spoiled as shit) ass fans would ***** and moan that we didn't mix it up and didn't get the receivers involved, if we kept running it to no avail just to keep Arian going.

I'm not saying we needed to run more. I'm saying our run-blocking was bad in the first half and terrible in the second.

False Start
Idk what it is, on every long ball the safetys are nowhere to be seen.

Yep, you see the receiver catch the ball, and a few seconds later a Texans player makes the tackle. It happens on almost every passing play.

TheMatrix31
Only ignorant fans blame losses on the refs.

That's the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard in my life.

....and didn't you have something better to do on Sundays?

TexansSeminole
I think most of us know the QB sneak for an entire yard with Matt Schaub against SD was a mistake. Heck, it didn't work.

You'd be wrong. Seems there are quite a few people here who don't think it was a mistake.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM

Yeah that stuff only works on inches.

Hervoyel

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Of course I watched the game. Did you just determine that the run was going nowhere from 2 plays? You're the most insightful fan I've ever met. You should be coaching! You can watch 2 plays in a single quarter and tell us that the Texans are incapable of running the football from that point forward and you can tell that after watching them run just fine for the previous three quarters against that defense. Amazing.

If I want to parrot some garbage I'll look for your posts to get the good stuff man.

Pantherstang84
That's the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard in my life.

....and didn't you have something better to do on Sundays?

Game is over Einstein

beerlover
can't blame anyone for being emotional in another homefield loss on what is otherwise a beautiful day here in Houston Texas. Bob McNair as owner of this buisness must understand the customer is pissed off with the results on the field & its impact on the paying customer. change is a coming, like it or not, this team finds a new way to lose almost every game @ home :pissed:

BullsOnParade
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
It seems to me that too many of us are ignoring a key fact: our BEST PLAYER failed when it mattered most. That was winning time, a good play was called, the pass was on target, and Andre Johnson went Jacoby Jones on his team.

Andre Johnson did not lose that game by himself. Make no mistake about it. Do you even remember the Washington and Kansas City games?

MojoX
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
But still, Arian had over 30 touches. He did have plenty of the ball. I can just imagine the reaction if he got banged up, as a result of being over used.

This is the problem Kubiak is having. Arian is generally money, but not when he is winded. Second half: Arian was huffing after every play. And the Chargers were honed into the run. SD was filling the gaps at the line and Arian wasn't breaking tackles. Perfect opportunity to take some of the load off Arian and throw the ball. But, how do you get him a rest when the passing game looks completely out of sync?

I liked that the team relegated Jacoby Jones to 3rd receiver status; his drops have been devastating. Unfortunately, without Daniels, the tight ends took it upon themselves to let balls fall out their hands. Of course Schaub doesn't help the situation when he throws behind the receiver or too high. At times, Schaub's passing made me appreciate Manning's consistent ball placement.

DX-TEX
11-07-2010, 04:32 PM
You'd be wrong. Seems there are quite a few people here who don't think it was a mistake.

Maybe it wasnt a mistake but why was the decision rushed? Why even do a sneak when you have a RB who has been decimating the defense? Just stupid, typical, dumb decisions.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Of course I watched the game. Did you just determine that the run was going nowhere from 2 plays? You're the most insightful fan I've ever met. You should be coaching! You can watch 2 plays in a single quarter and tell us that the Texans are incapable of running the football from that point forward and you can tell that after watching them run just fine for the previous three quarters against that defense. Amazing.

If I want to parrot some garbage I'll look for your posts to get the good stuff man.

lol.....it was more than two plays.

Whatever man.

PockyAF
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
There is no rebuttal to be made. I'll say I don't agree with the QB sneak, you'll say you do. What type of conversation is that? I'm trying to end it. Last reply to you about this subject.

Again, moving along.

Of course there's a rebuttal to what I said.

Going back to what you've said first, you're saying that Kubiak is a failure, directly after that play, obviously making that assessment solely on that play.

I'm asking you to explain how does that specific play make him a failure, a play that has worked numerous, numerous times before today?

Yea, he's a failure for deciding to pass twice as much as rush in the previous game. Yea, he a dumbass for deciding to go with two inexperienced CBs this season, and for hiring a unproven DC when our defense has been our Achilles heel throughout his tenure.

I don't see how that QB sneak in hurry offense makes him a failure, and you're doing a poor job explaining why it does. Dare I say, more porous than our pass D?

HJam72
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
This is the problem Kubiak is having. Arian is generally money, but not when he is winded. Second half: Arian was huffing after every play. And the Chargers were honed into the run. SD was filling the gaps at the line and Arian wasn't breaking tackles. Perfect opportunity to take some of the load off Arian and throw the ball. But, how do you get him a rest when the passing game looks completely out of sync?

I liked that the team relegated Jacoby Jones to 3rd receiver status; his drops have been devastating. Unfortunately, without Daniels, the tight ends took it upon themselves to let balls fall out their hands. Of course Schaub doesn't help the situation when he throws behind the receiver or too high. At times, Schaub's passing made me appreciate Manning's consistent ball placement.

I don't. AJ is world's better than JJ, but right now he is useless. It wouldn't have taken me long at all to pull AJ in this game and put JJ and KW on the field together. I do agree about JJ's drops, but you gotta have at least semi-healthy players on the field.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Game is over Einstein

Hopefully you got some good gardening going during the 2nd-4th quarters. When exactly did you bounce, anyway? Midway through the first quarter or something? How do you know how the game ended up, anyhow? I can't trust your insight on the game if you talk about specifics. I mean, I hold you to your word. If you're gonna stop watching, then stop watching. Don't come in here and give your review about it.

mattieuk
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Andre Johnson did not lose that game by himself. Make no mistake about it. Do you even remember the Washington and Kansas City games?

I think the best player comment covers the fact that AJ is the very definition of beast.

It's the shock that AJ didn't make a routine catch that causes this reaction. As I said before, he can have one every decade or so. It just hurt us, because if that catch is held, we win the game IMO.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Really? It wasn't the players fault when continually they let SD receivers get behind them for long touchdowns? That's the ref's fault? It was the ref's fault that Andre couldn't control that last pass?

The refs made bad calls both ways. It's still only 4 or 5 plays out of 120. Kubiak's hurry up and QB sneak call was a questionable coaching decision. Ref's fault?

That junk with the hurry up QB sneak is on Gary again. It goes back to the incredibly poor clock management the man demonstrates. His decision process is inexplicable. He acts like we've got all the time in the world at times when we don't. Then he has the team running around like there are mere seconds on the clock when we've got plenty of time to get that 1 yard and all need to be on the same page.

That's a glaring weakness this guy has shown since day one and I think it's related to how quickly he and his team lose their composure when things don't go as planned.

TheMatrix31

No, he didn't lose the game. He did **** up though, too bad.

We all know "OMG KUBIAK AND THE COACHING STAFF AND NOT RUNNING AND AHEINCHSHAHHHHHHHHH" lost the game.

MojoX
I don't. AJ is world's better than JJ, but right now he is useless. It wouldn't have taken me long at all to pull AJ in this game and put JJ and KW on the field together.

I can deal with that combo, but any way it goes you must have a receiver on the field you can trust to catch the ball. Jones hasn't been that possession receiver the team needs. Using him to give AJ a break is fine in my book, but I don't trust him as the #2.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
That last throw to AJ wasn't exactly perfect. He should've caught it, but...

MojoX
11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
That last throw to AJ wasn't exactly perfect. He should've caught it, but...

Big time receiver... the ball hit his hands....

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
lol.....it was more than two plays.

Whatever man.

We ran the ball two times in the fourth quarter. Go look it up yourself on NFL.com

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
We ran the ball two times in the fourth quarter. Go look it up yourself on NFL.com

I was talking about the whole second half. Go look it up yourself on one of my posts.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM

How do those games help what happened today? Andre Johnson is great, but he should have easily, no question, caught that ball for at least a first down and even a TD wasn't out of the question.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I was talking about the whole second half. Go look it up yourself on one of my posts.

Right, 3rd quarter was 10 carries for 35 yards which is off from the first half but note that while you still throw in a regular dose of running plays the passing game begins to get into a groove. The passing game has real issues this year and we all know that.

One thing is undeniable though. If you stop even attempting to run the ball then the defense pins it's ears back and starts pressuring Schaub who this season doesn't beat the blitz nearly as much as he gets crushed by it.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not even going to get on Andre, only thing is yes he should have caught that. It happens, had the ball never goes off his knee it most likely just falls underneath him.

Andre has made so many big plays throughout his career, it sucks what happens but it's a rare thing that it does. Just like Peyton throwing a INT in the superbowl...it just happens sometimes.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM

1. Pollard DID hold the TE.

2. What bad spots. Can you specifically and objectively say where they were? I couldn't tell where Schaub ended on that spot. What other spots were bad?

3. I already covered why that was not a TD. It was the correct call according to the rules. Bad rule? Sure. But a rule is a rule and I expect the ref to enforce every rule.

4. Yes, the intl grounding penalty was a bad call. I will give you that.

5. What dropped interception? Again, the angle was tough to see. It was not conclusive by the replays I saw. In the moment it looked like an INT. On replay one side showed trapping, another showed his hand was under the ball. Not indisputable evidence.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
(14:47) 23-A.Foster left guard to HST 28 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire, 54-S.Cooper).

(12:20) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 28 for 5 yards (27-P.Oliver, 91-O.Nwagbuo).

(11:42) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 13 for 15 yards (99-K.Burnett).

(11:02) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 11 for 2 yards (74-J.Cesaire, 99-K.Burnett).

(3:40) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 43 for 3 yards (71-A.Garay).

(1:41) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 22 for 4 yards (96-T.Johnson).

(1:03) 23-A.Foster left guard to SD 22 for no gain (99-K.Burnett, 27-P.Oliver).

(15:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 17 for no gain (95-S.Phillips). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

(11:44) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 49 for -2 yards (71-A.Garay).

.....unless I'm missing one, that's 9 plays for 28 yards. After that, we were down 29-23. No reason to run anymore.

We need to stop with the nonsense.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
5. What dropped interception? Again, the angle was tough to see. It was not conclusive by the replays I saw. In the moment it looked like an INT. On replay one side showed trapping, another showed his hand was under the ball. Not indisputable evidence.

Only the refs have to worry about indisputable evidence. To us, the fans, we could see the ball hit the ground on that back replay.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
After that, we were down 29-23. No reason to run anymore.

Nonsense? Look at the bolded part of your post for nonsense.

Ckw
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Jesus Christ Almighty.

:spit:

We ran the ball TWO ****ing times!!!! Yes, the run went nowhere on the 4th down play and we lost yardage the other time we ran the ball. OMG!!!!!!!!! The run was going NOWHERE!!!!!!

Next time you use Christ's name in vain, at least know what the hell you are talking about...

Mailman
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
This latest greatest loss comes just in time. My brand spankin new $65 Houston Texans hoodie should arrive via UPS tomorrow afternoon.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Nonsense? Look at the bolded part of your post for nonsense.

Who keeps running as a major part of their passing game when you're down with minutes left in the fourth quarter?

Ckw
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM

Yep!!!! One of the few times I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
1. Pollard DID hold the TE.

2. What bad spots. Can you specifically and objectively say where they were? I couldn't tell where Schaub ended on that spot. What other spots were bad?

3. I already covered why that was not a TD. It was the correct call according to the rules. Bad rule? Sure. But a rule is a rule and I expect the ref to enforce every rule.

4. Yes, the intl grounding penalty was a bad call. I will give you that.

What? An objective post? On game day?

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:02 PM

We ran the ball TWO ****ing times!!!! Yes, the run went nowhere on the 4th down play and we lost yardage the other time we ran the ball. OMG!!!!!!!!! The run was going NOWHERE!!!!!!

Next time you use Christ's name in vain, at least know what the hell you are talking about...

We threw Foster the ball twice after the Chargers went up 29-23. Should have used him once on the drive immediately following that TD, but...we didn't.

WE should NOT have run though.

Hervoyel
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
(14:47) 23-A.Foster left guard to HST 28 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire, 54-S.Cooper).

(12:20) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 28 for 5 yards (27-P.Oliver, 91-O.Nwagbuo).

(11:02) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 11 for 2 yards (74-J.Cesaire, 99-K.Burnett).

(15:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 17 for no gain (95-S.Phillips). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

.....unless I'm missing one, that's 9 plays for 28 yards. After that, we were down 29-23. No reason to run anymore.

You did miss one. You missed Derrick Ward's carries but then I missed one of them too. This is splitting hairs though.

"No reason to run anymore"? Because we're down by one score with over 5 minutes on the clock?

Just throw the running game out the window and don't bother to try a draw play or anything like that?

No need to keep the pass rush honest. Schaub's invulnerable right?

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Who keeps running as a major part of their passing game when you're down with minutes left in the fourth quarter?

We have 5 minutes after we go down 23-29.

What is wrong with you people? I'm being dead serious.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
You did miss one. You missed Derrick Ward's carries but then I missed one of them too. This is splitting hairs though.

"No reason to run anymore"? Because we're down by one score with over 5 minutes on the clock?

Just throw the running game out the window and don't bother to try a draw play or anything like that?

No need to keep the pass rush honest. Schaub's invulnerable right?

You throw screen passes and little dump-offs. You don't run.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
You throw screen passes and little dump-offs. You don't run.

You've obviously learned offensive football by watching Gary Kubiak.

Ckw
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM

No reason to run anymore?!?!?

Hilarious!!!!! Dude, seriously, stop it!! Your posts are making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard!!!

11:44 seconds left and down by 6, you say there is no reason to run anymore?!?!?! :spit:

Ckw
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM
We threw Foster the ball twice after the Chargers went up 29-23. Should have used him once on the drive immediately following that TD, but...we didn't.

WE should NOT have run though.

Yeah, a halfback screen would have been nice. Get the ball in Foster's hands one way or another.

Honestly, for the first time in a while, I'm not even upset about the loss. I saw it coming. I knew Kubiak would find a way to screw it up.

I disagree with you completely though about having no reason to run once we were down. The run worked all day. No reason to stop.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM

No reason to run anymore?!?!?

Hilarious!!!!! Dude, seriously, stop it!! Your posts are making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard!!!

11:44 seconds left and down by 6, you say there is no reason to run anymore?!?!?! :spit:

....and when did we get the ball back after the Chargers scored to make it 29-23? Oh look, 5 minutes left.

awtysst
11-07-2010, 05:11 PM

I agree. I don't know if it was a TD, but at the very least it was a first down. That catch would have given the Texans a chance.

BoltWalt
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
The important piece is its a rule. You cannot fault the ref for enforcing a rule.

Yes, the intentional grounding penalty was bad, but the refs also missed the Smith personal foul on Rivers when we went after River's legs. Don't blame the refs here.

Bad calls happen on both sides the thing is to hope they even out over the whole game.

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, a halfback screen would have been nice. Get the ball in Foster's hands one way or another.

Honestly, for the first time in a while, I'm not even upset about the loss. I saw it coming. I knew Kubiak would find a way to screw it up.

I disagree with you completely though about having no reason to run once we were down. The run worked all day. No reason to stop.

^^^^This. I'm not upset either. Just meh.

Ckw
11-07-2010, 05:20 PM
....and when did we get the ball back after the Chargers scored to make it 29-23? Oh look, 5 minutes left.

Yeah, 5:17. Plenty of time to put together a sound offensive drive, run the ball a bit, pass the ball a bit, and march down the field. At least keep the defense on their heels and not let them sit back expecting the pass every damn play. But what did we do? Pass every damn play like there was only 1 minute left on the clock.

rockabilly
11-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I say that this game is squarely on the receivers. The defense did a great job against the #1 offense. They got turnovers!

There is little Kubiak and Schaub can do when the receivers are dropping passes....critical passes. Even our "best receiver in the galaxy" dropped passes...one ending in our loss.

Why can't our receivers catch all of a sudden?

In other news, Foster is the best thing we have by far.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, 5:17. Plenty of time to put together a sound offensive drive, run the ball a bit, pass the ball a bit, and march down the field. At least keep the defense on their heels and not let them sit back expecting the pass every damn play. But what did we do? Pass every damn play like there was only 1 minute left on the clock.

You're missing my point of posting all those run plays that did pretty much did nothing (except for that 15 yarder). Get Arian the ball, but through passing it. You don't RUN in that situation. You create run-like situations by screens and dumpoffs.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
You don't RUN in that situation. You create run-like situations by screens and dumpoffs.

Yea, duh. Didn't you get the memo?

Blake
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
You're missing my point of posting all those run plays that did pretty much did nothing (except for that 15 yarder). Get Arian the ball, but through passing it. You don't RUN in that situation. You create run-like situations by screens and dumpoffs.

Lol @ "except for that 15 yarder".

That is the funniest shit ive read all day!

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 05:41 PM

So a negative rep war is it? Ok. I'll play.

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM
We were moving the ball really well on both drives when there was 5 minutes left.

Who cares whehter we were running or passing.

People are complaining that we weren't running the ball, but who cares? We moved the ball just fine.

We got stuffed on a 4th and 1 QB sneak and we had our best player drop a would be touchdown and litterally kick the ball to the defender for a game ending INT

The play call at the end was just fine as far as Im concerned. Everyone calling for more runs or less runs is ignoring the fact that we were easily moving the ball down the field on both drives

Foster being left out on the last drive is 100% irrelevent. AJ gave that one to the defender

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Lol @ "except for that 15 yarder".

That is the funniest shit ive read all day!

Yeah, take that play out, and it would have been 8 rushes for 13 yards for Foster in the second half. A fifteen yard play is not indicative of how it was going.

So a negative rep war is it? Ok. I'll play.

It's not a "war". It's what the system is in place for. If you say something I don't agree with or I think its stupid, then **** me if I'm not gonna give you negative reputation for it.

TexCanada
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
It's not a "war". It's what the system is in place for. If you say something I don't agree with or I think its stupid, then **** me if I'm not gonna give you negative reputation for it.

Wow, lame. I guess we had all better just agree with you from now on so we don't get negative rep! Do you realize how boring this board would be if everyone agreed? Debates and arguments about our beloved team are why people frequent this board.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow, lame. I guess we had all better just agree with you from now on so we don't get negative rep! Do you realize how boring this board would be if everyone agreed? Debates and arguments about our beloved team are why people frequent this board.

Whatever. Then the system shouldn't be in place. I can see something I disagree with and not "ding it down", but when it's presented in a ridiculous or stupid manner, then I'll do it.

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah, take that play out, and it would have been 8 rushes for 13 yards for Foster in the second half. A fifteen yard play is not indicative of how it was going.

Well if that is how you want to play it then fine. I'll cut you some slack since you haven't been around here very long. However, you need to keep your emotions in check and quit being so drama queeninsh. Members on this board usually disagree in a gentlemanly manner and I stand by my original post that got your undergarments all bunched up. Blaming losses on officiating is ignorant and for losers. Bad officiating happens. Good teams overcome it.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Blaming losses on officiating is ignorant and for losers. Bad officiating happens. Good teams overcome it.

So if, let's say.....a player catches a ball in the end zone with 2:03 seconds left in the Super Bowl to go ahead, but it turns out that the catch was bobbled or he was out of bounds.....but it counts anyway.....is the opposing team just supposed to "overcome" it?

PockyAF
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Dude where the heck did he even say that?

He disagrees with one post enough to give a neg rep out for it. I'm sure he isn't handing them out like candies to every post that he opposes.

Beside, what's even more lame is talking about reputation on an online forum. Who gives a crap? You do realize our defense is going into it's 9th season of irrelevancy and the team's hope of turning the corner or making the playoffs now or next season is shackled by the likes of Frank Bush and his minions, right?

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
So if, let's say.....a player catches a ball in the end zone with 2:03 seconds left in the Super Bowl to go ahead, but it turns out that the catch was bobbled or he was out of bounds.....but it counts anyway.....is the opposing team just supposed to "overcome" it?

Yep. If they are true champions they will. I've seen teams do it time and time again.

PapaL
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I find it odd how the Offense is getting blamed at all. Sure they had their miscues but the D gave up 29 points! The offense was trying to overcome the horrible defense that was both played and called!

We outscored most teams, as of end of the early game, that played. However only the Patriots, Panthers and Seahawks gave up more points.

If anything, blame everyone.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Yep. If they are true champions they will. I've seen teams do it time and time again.

But if they lost, then I'm pretty sure they'd have a legit gripe.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I find it odd how the Offense is getting blamed at all. Sure they had their miscues but the D gave up 29 points! The offense was trying to overcome the horrible defense that was both played and called!

We outscored most teams, as of end of the early game, that played. However only the Patriots, Panthers and Seahawks gave up more points.

If anything, blame everyone.

I think people all understand that the D is terrible, so there is less discussion about it.

fiasco west
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah, people realize the Defense sucks every week so there is really no let down or anything to get angry about there.

TexCanada
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Dude where the heck did he even say that?

He disagrees with one post enough to give a neg rep out for it. I'm sure he isn't handing them out like candies to every post that he opposes.

Beside, what's even more lame is talking about reputation on an online forum. Who gives a crap? You do realize our defense is going into it's 9th season of irrelevancy and the team's hope of turning the corner or making the playoffs now or next season is shackled by the likes of Frank Bush and his minions, right?

If you say something I don't agree with or I think its stupid, then **** me if I'm not gonna give you negative reputation for it.

Well...thats where he said it. Really though, its not a big deal, shall we move on? I'm not quite sure how you turned my comment into an argument about Frank Bush and the defense though.

gtexan02
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I still find it funny that people are complaining that we didnt run the ball enough in the 4th, even though we were moving the ball ljust fine without running.

Our best player dropped a would be TD and kicked the ball to a defensive back to end a drive.

That was a gret play. He was wide open

PapaL
11-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I think people all understand that the D is terrible, so there is less discussion about it.

So blaming the Offense is the cure? hahaha

The best defender we had today was Foster. Thanks to his running, it kept our D on the sideline. Forget keeping the other teams offense on the sideline, our D needs to stay there.

PapaL
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Who else has made it a point to pick up a WR, RB or QB from whomever we're playing for their fantasy team?

At least it looks like my fantasy team will win today hahaha.

I'm just done being mad and being in a bad mood because of this.

PockyAF
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Well...thats where he said it. Really though, its not a big deal, shall we move on? I'm not quite sure how you turned my comment into an argument about Frank Bush and the defense though.

Yea, my fault. I only read the post you quoted and that Panthers quoted.

TexansSeminole
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
So blaming the Offense is the cure? hahaha

The best defender we had today was Foster. Thanks to his running, it kept our D on the sideline. Forget keeping the other teams offense on the sideline, our D needs to stay there.

My point is that it kinda goes unsaid that we should also blame the defense. That's the case in every single football game we have played this year.

Pantherstang84
11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Who else has made it a point to pick up a WR, RB or QB from whomever we're playing for their fantasy team?

At least it looks like my fantasy team will win today hahaha.

I'm just done being mad and being in a bad mood because of this.

You do get numb to it. I have emotionally decoupled myself from this team and I see clearly now. I have the pink soap up. However, I would rather just nuke the whole franchise and start over. New owner, stadium, logo, mascot, team colors the works. Anything to get a winning sports franchise in this town.

TheMatrix31
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I still find it funny that people are complaining that we didnt run the ball enough in the 4th, even though we were moving the ball ljust fine without running.

Agreed.

PapaL
11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
You do get numb to it. I have emotionally decoupled myself from this team and I see clearly now. I have the pink soap up. However, I would rather just nuke the whole franchise and start over. New owner, stadium, logo, mascot, team colors the works. Anything to get a winning sports franchise in this town.

At the beginning of the year I bought new jerseys for my son and wifey. Now I'm just meh to it all - so I totally understand the emotional detachment. However, I'm not at that level of nuking the whole franchise. I'm convinced we do have talent on all sides of the ball. From some reason they just aren't clicking. What that reason is, is clearly up for debate. I think my pink soap days are coming...

drewmar74
11-07-2010, 06:39 PM
At the beginning of the year I bought new jerseys for my son and wifey. Now I'm just meh to it all - so I totally understand the emotional detachment. However, I'm not at that level of nuking the whole franchise. I'm convinced we do have talent on all sides of the ball. From some reason they just aren't clicking. What that reason is, is clearly up for debate. I think my pink soap days are coming...

Yeah, I'm getting there too.

I dig my old soviet propaganda poster but she may get bumped for the soap.

Blake
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
This about sums it up nicely.

Let me get this straight: Despite missing tight end Antonio Gates, receivers Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Buster Davis and Legedu Naanee, the Chargers' Philip Rivers still threw for 295 yards and four touchdowns against Houston in a 29-23 win?
How bad must that Texans pass defense really be? San Diego didn't have its "A'' team in the passing game, and still won its first road game of the season. Rivers was an efficient 17 of 23 against Houston, with only one interception.
The Chargers got the first two career touchdowns of the wonderfully named rookie receiver Seyi Ajirotutu (four catches for 111 yards) and two more touchdowns from backup tight end Randy McMichael to win two games in a row for the first time all season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/07/week9.snaps/1.html#ixzz14eE0L4Yg

BoltWalt
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Send the team to Los Angeles please.

HJam72
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I blame Kubiak, but not exactly for the reasons being put out here.

I agree with some that the QB sneak was a mistake and time should have been taken to figure out another play. I don't agree that it's generally a good idea to use that play when you need a whole yard. I was worried that they would either do that or hand it to Foster, who'd get hit again behind the LOS. My call?--Dreeson short pass to the outside; WR runs GO ROUTE and f'ing GOES if he is not covered. Dreeson for 2 yards, or KW TD. We were not going to run the ball for a first down on that play and I knew it. By the way, ya gotta have Foster up the middle too, just in case the nuts run a cover 2 zone on 4th and 1, LOL.

I don't think many of our players were motivated well enough for this game, and it isn't the first time. It's football and motivation counts.

I believe we have a better FS than Eugene Wilson and I'm sick of seeing him come into the field of view too late to do s*(& about a 40 yard bomb for a TD. That kind of crap is happening way too much. I know that he is supposed to be a veteran compared to the guy I thought was better, but what is he a veteran at????--allowing bombs for TDs?. Is it Barber? I thought it was Nate something-or-other. Anyway, Wilson sucks. We have a SS who is just much better against the run and a FS that is USELESS for much of anything.

I know a lot are going to disagree with me, but I would have replaced AJ with JJ. I just don't think AJ is even 50% right now and it showed throughout the game. JJ could have EASILY bobbled that same pass and caused an interception, also; but I'm not saying this based on any one play. AJ does not get open anymore. He needs to be healthier before he gets back on the field in a real game. I know he can still take hits and he can still catch (most of the time), but he can't get open and these Ds are NOT fooled anymore.

I don't think they needed to run more. I think the SD D pretty much showed that that wasn't working for us in the 3rd and early 4th Qtrs. Our run-blocking SUCKED today and just kept getting worse. Luckily, our pass-blocking wasn't bad at all. You can throw short passes to your RB and Foster took one of those for 30 or 35 yards. I'd have been OK with a few delayed hand-offs, but we were getting the yardage with the passing game anyway.

BoltWalt
11-07-2010, 08:00 PM
This about sums it up nicely.

Let me get this straight: Despite missing tight end Antonio Gates, receivers Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Buster Davis and Legedu Naanee, the Chargers' Philip Rivers still threw for 295 yards and four touchdowns against Houston in a 29-23 win?
How bad must that Texans pass defense really be? San Diego didn't have its "A'' team in the passing game, and still won its first road game of the season. Rivers was an efficient 17 of 23 against Houston, with only one interception.
The Chargers got the first two career touchdowns of the wonderfully named rookie receiver Seyi Ajirotutu (four catches for 111 yards) and two more touchdowns from backup tight end Randy McMichael to win two games in a row for the first time all season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/07/week9.snaps/1.html#ixzz14eE0L4Yg

Bolts had the important half of the passing game: his name is Philip Rivers.

Grams
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Send the team to Los Angeles please.

No - been there, done that.

leebigeztx
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I said it during the critical business season, when you're that close, your team cant go backwards and thats what the texans did talent wise. They let the top 2 corners go off the 13th rabked defense and didnt replace their talent. They knew they were letting robinson go, why not get cromartie or mcfadden from arizona? Why cut reeves and keep molden? Now moss is on the titans who happen to be top 5 in offense and defense. Its a wrap for them imo.

HTown2ATX
11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I didn't even get pissed watching the game today. I fully expected a loss, the question was how bad would it be?

The danger was I let myself start to get excited.

Not much else to say.

Fail

:mariopalm:

Norg
11-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Pollard needs to be benched right NOw and Frank bush needs to be fired we are Last in the leauge on D with like 5 1st round picks on D Fire Bush its not like the next guy could be anyworse we can only go up from the bottom