PDA

View Full Version : Pitts playing LT this weekend in Seattle

drewmar74
11-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Per PFT, Pitts is sliding over to LT this weekend since Okung is hurt for Seattle. Oh, and they're playing the Giants.

God bless, Chester!

Facing the Giants in his first NFL start was going to be hard enough for Seahawks quarterback Charlie Whitehurst.

Facing it with huge question marks all along the offensive line could make it a disaster.

One tackle -- Russell Okung -- is "as doubtful as you can get" Pete Carroll confirmed on Friday, according to the Seattle Times. Another tackle, Tyler Polumbus, is a gametime decision with a knee injury.

Guard Chester Pitts, who has battled back from his own serious knee injury, will slide over to protect Whitehurst's blind side. The team also lost guard Ben Hamilton for the season last week.

link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

eriadoc
11-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Good luck, Chester! I always wish good things for him.

IDEXAN
11-06-2010, 12:59 PM
When playing LT for the Texans in his rookie year, he had to face the likes of Freeney and Jason Taylor, so tough competition is nothing new for Chester.
Hey, I'm thinking he does no worse than Brown did on MNF vs the Colts ?
Go get 'em Chester !

kiwitexansfan
11-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Chester played well at LT for us. With his experience he should be able to hold up reasonably well.

Hearing he is starting there though, makes me wish we had held onto him though.

drewmar74
11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Chester played well at LT for us. With his experience he should be able to hold up reasonably well.

Hearing he is starting there though, makes me wish we had held onto him though.

I think they're starting him out of necessity rather than by choice.....

Still, God bless Chester and I hope he does well tomorrow.