PDA

View Full Version : Double TE sets

El Tejano
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Do we have them? If so, when do we use them and if not, why not?

JWarren14
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I'd love to run a 3 TE set with OD, Dressen, and Graham/Thor

We have the TEs to do a lot of creative things, maybe even bring Dickerson in, getting him matched up on a LB would be a mismatch.

Or we could just run the ball...

drewmar74
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm still wishing we had seen a 2 TE set on Monday with Butler as a tight end next to Brown to counter Freeney.

El Tejano
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I'd love to run a 3 TE set with OD, Dressen, and Graham/Thor

We have the TEs to do a lot of creative things, maybe even bring Dickerson in, getting him matched up on a LB would be a mismatch.

Or we could just run the ball...

Funny you should say that because I was watching that show with Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hodge and they were showing how KC stays dedicated to running the ball. The Chiefs were playing Indy and they (Ron and Merrill) even referenced the Texans and how we ran on Indy (bringing the receiver in motion and having him block off the backside rush while the rest of the line went in the opposite direction)

Anyways they showed how KC did the same but with 3 TEs. The TE in the middle (Moeaki) is their best pass catching TE and is lined up in the middle. He then proceeds to go in motion (like Kevin Walter) to the other side of the line. This makes Indy have to move their coverage. When the ball is hiked, he then goes for the block (like KW did) and the run still goes to the side where more TEs are.

Must be nice to have some creativity because then they showed how it set up a play action pass to the motioning TE for a big play later in the game.

eriadoc
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think we have enough TEs to reliably run multiple TE sets.

:D

El Tejano
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think we have enough TEs to reliably run multiple TE sets.

:D

Better draft more then.

drewmar74
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Better draft more then.

:wadepalm:

Texas T
11-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Better draft more then.

I was just thinking that...and we should pass more while the run is going so well. No one will ever be able to stop us!!

Wolf6151
11-05-2010, 08:17 PM
We should try some of those 7 TE set plays.

Scooter
11-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Do we have them? If so, when do we use them and if not, why not?

we do. i formation, 2 tightends, andre the only receiver ... play-action max protect to quadrouple teamed andre (matt rolls out backwards and throws it away).

drewmar74
11-05-2010, 10:19 PM
we do. i formation, 2 tightends, andre the only receiver ... play-action max protect to quadrouple teamed andre (matt rolls out backwards and throws it away).

I'm about 90% sure I saw that at least twice on Monday....

hradhak
11-05-2010, 11:54 PM
We should try some of those 7 TE set plays.

We're gonna need all 7 of our draft picks to go to TE this year. But come next year...hell yeah!

:doot:

Brandon420tx
11-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I think one of our problems is now when we motion the WR to the line everybody knows we're running the ball, if the man in motion stops farther away from the line everybody knows its a pass

Speedy
11-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Might as well run multiple TE sets. Walter has been a ghost this year and Jacoby can't catch. Is DA still on the team? I also think it's time to take a look at Dickerson.