PDA

View Full Version : Picks on the Chargers game

Thorn
11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Just for grins, and because I'm getting tired of arguing about Kubiak and what the hell's wrong with the Texans, let's look at who's picking who for this Sunday.

I'll start with ESPN's page of "Expert Picks". They got five picking us and five picking the Chargers. Wow. Does "500" ring a bell with Texans fans? LOL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

ThaShark316
11-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Just for grins, and because I'm getting tired of arguing about Kubiak and what the hell's wrong with the Texans, let's look at who's picking who for this Sunday.

I'll start with ESPN's page of "Expert Picks". They got five picking us and five picking the Chargers. Wow. Does "500" ring a bell with Texans fans? LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem

Myself personally I have us winning. If Indy was a win, i'd chalk up an L.

GNTLEWOLF
11-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I want to say 20 to 10..Chargers win, but since our defense gives up more points per game on average I will say 24 to 14 Chargers

ensign_lee
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
This is the same Chargeres team that hasn't won on the road yet this year, the same chargers team that lost TO THE RAMS, TO THE SEAHAWKS...we still have a shot at this!

Everyone stop freaking out!

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
This is the same Chargeres team that hasn't won on the road yet this year, the same chargers team that lost TO THE RAMS, TO THE SEAHAWKS...we still have a shot at this!

Knowing our luck and history (to include the Oilers), this game has FAIL written all over it! :facepalm: FML!

Rey
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM

Sounds like the perfect storm for a Texans lost.

Dallas hasn't won a game all year, on the road or at home, yet...well...we all know what happened there...

When things are in the Texans favor, and it seems like it's a good chance for us to finally 'arrive' they always seem to let me down...

I hope you are right Lee...I hope the Texans come out and restore some faith in what they're doing...

Thorn
11-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Naw.....we win this one and the Bolts begin to disintegrate for this season. Its likely the Texans are only putting off the inevitable mid-season collapse weve all come to expect, but we win this one.

jaayteetx
11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Texans 34
Chargers 31
Defense stinks up the field....again.

MannyFresh
11-04-2010, 11:53 PM
watch Kris Brown kick a 40 yarder for the win....geez wouldn't that be a good kick in the nuts?!

axman40
11-05-2010, 12:07 AM
34-24
Texans!
:texflag:

Norg
11-05-2010, 12:09 AM
We got to exploit there poor Special Teams and we should win

meaning JJ needs to take a few to that house

CretorFrigg
11-05-2010, 12:13 AM
For some reason, I feel like this is going to be a trap game. I believe San Diego is a much better team than their 3-5 record indicates. What have they been excelling at? Passing the ball. Yes, Philip Rivers has already thrown for over 2600 along with 15 TD passes and looks to surpass Marino's single season passing yard record. Rivers has been lighting it up and our secondary has been getting lit up. See the problem?

However, the Texans have always been able to rebound after a disheartening lost. The offense, though, needs to step it up a notch to overcome our defensive deficiencies.

I predict the Texans will win this one.

31-28 Texans :texflag:

Corrosion
11-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Knowing our luck and history (to include the Oilers), this game has FAIL written all over it! :facepalm: FML!

And with the Texans defense .... if you can call it that , cause its down right offensive ....

Chargers 37 Texans 17

and :texflag::rake: continues another week.

silvrhand
11-05-2010, 07:47 AM
And with the Texans defense .... if you can call it that , cause its down right offensive ....

Chargers 37 Texans 17

I'm unfortunately going to have to agree with Corrosion this week, I think we get flogged 35-17 or something of this nature. I think Rivers is gonna have a big day..

Now that being said they could drop every ball in sight like I've seen them do as well and we kick the crap out of them, but I don't want to get my hopes up and then get them crushed.

TEXANS84
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Texans 31
Chargers 30

And another balloon causes the power to go out again from the orange lot.

BigBull17
11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
This may be our truly awful game. I'm calling 42-10, with the TD in garbage time.

BigWig
11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Look out, something I heard on NFL Total Access last night, correct me if I got it wrong.

Chargers-
#1 rated Offense
#1 rated defense
3-0 vs Texans
always start late in the year
just whooped the Titans
have a newly drafted RB that did not want to play for the Texans
Texans are 2-2 at home

yea I know they are only 2-5, but some still pick them to win their division
This is one of those trap games we need to reallt get up for:kingkong:

nero THE zero
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Hou - 30
sdc - 21

TimeKiller
11-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Check out my sig. Good enough ain't good enough. Reach for those MFing stars or don't reach at all. I mean if you ain't out there to put a hurtin on someone, WHY TEH F ARE YOU OUT THERE?!?!?!??!!

Goodness gracious I need me some Texans on the other side of an ass whoopin...

IDEXAN
11-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Wow ! I mean I wanna say the Texans will win and I sure want them to win,
but my sense is that they've definitely regressed since last year, for whatever reasons, some apparent others not so much ?
Last year we were playing right there with anybody (with maybe one exception ) even if we didn't win the game, but this year with the season not even half over we've already been blown-out 3 times vs teams with talent like the Chargers. And 2 of those lop-sided losses were in Houston, so we seem to have no advantage at home in Reliant ?

Trail.Blazr
11-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Look out, something I heard on NFL Total Access last night, correct me if I got it wrong.

Chargers-
#1 rated Offense
#1 rated defense
3-0 vs Texans
always start late in the year
just whooped the Titans
have a newly drafted RB that did not want to play for the Texans
Texans are 2-2 at home

yea I know they are only 2-5, but some still pick them to win their division
This is one of those trap games we need to reallt get up for:kingkong:

I don't know how a 2-5 team has a #1 Offense and Defense.... That just sounds questionable. Maybe based on Week 8 only?

Houston cant be counted on any more that SD.. I'm going with Houston as a Homer...

Houston 28 - SD 20

Joe Texan
11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
FIrst Half Texans 3 Chargers 17
Second Half Texans 32 Chargers 28

JB
11-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't know how a 2-5 team has a #1 Offense and Defense.... That just sounds questionable. Maybe based on Week 8 only?

Houston cant be counted on any more that SD.. I'm going with Houston as a Homer...

Houston 28 - SD 20

SD is the #1 offense & defense in yds per game.

They are the #5 scoring offense and the #19 scoring defense.

They are 29th in give/take away margin at -8

silvrhand
11-05-2010, 10:54 AM
SD is the #1 offense & defense in yds per game.

They are the #5 scoring offense and the #19 scoring defense.

They are 29th in give/take away margin at -8

JB is right they march up and down the field and then make a critical mistake as they are playing with a lot of new kids. One of the rookies ran down the field made the catch, got up and put dropped the ball like he was down already. It's plays like that that have kept the Chargers from being a much better team than what their record shows.

BigBull17
11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Wow ! I mean I wanna say the Texans will win and I sure want them to win,
but my sense is that they've definitely regressed since last year, for whatever reasons, some apparent others not so much ?
Last year we were playing right there with anybody (with maybe one exception ) even if we didn't win the game, but this year with the season not even half over we've already been blown-out 3 times vs teams with talent like the Chargers. And 2 of those lop-sided losses were in Houston, so we seem to have no advantage at home in Reliant ?

This and I have lost any faith I had in Gary Kubiak. Frank Bush is slightly more knowledgeable than I am, they outsmart themselves, and he decided to sink or swim with his guys. Better get a life jacket Gary, or an Oxygen tank.

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Check out my sig. Good enough ain't good enough. Reach for those MFing stars or don't reach at all. I mean if you ain't out there to put a hurtin on someone, WHY TEH F ARE YOU OUT THERE?!?!?!??!!

Goodness gracious I need me some Texans on the other side of an ass whoopin...

That's a great song. Kanye for the win. Maybe he can interrupt the game when the Texans start getting blown out. "Philip Rivers, I know you carvin up the Texans defense and imma let you finish, but Peyton had the biggest day against the Texans ever. EVER."

drewmar74
11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't know who else was predicting a forty-something score against our D but I'm there with them.

Texans 24
Chargers 45

I'm predicting that Rivers has a monster day against us. Monster.

TexansBlood
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
What's sad is we are playing at home and are the underdogs. Sportbooks have the Chargers -3...

nv6425
11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
What's sad is we are playing at home and are the underdogs. Sportbooks have the Chargers -3...

Yup, and the line opened at 0, which means ALL of the money is going to the Chargers! Now if you're a skeptic like I am, that would indicate that the Texans either win the game or lose by less than 3!

Buffi2
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Much as I am wishing we win - I think we lose. The players don't have "IT" in them. A team can't win with only sporadic spunk, fight and being terminally yet consistently inconsistent. And, our home record ain't great.

Chargers 34 Texans 17

But, Hope springs eternal :texflag: :fans:

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 12:38 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem

Myself personally I have us winning. If Indy was a win, i'd chalk up an L.

The people who have been more right, more consistently pick the Chargers to win.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Houston 28 - SD 20

I haven't watched many of their games. But I can see a team getting a bunch of yards trying to play catch up.

If their Special teams is giving the other team a short field, I can see their defense giving up low yardage.... & them still losing.

beerlover
11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
If enough Texans fans predict another loss then they will win :wacko:

Chargers 38 Texans 28

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Texans lose 38-17.

Norg
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Man i cant beleive FIser hias never beaten the chargers !!!!!!

Nor has Kubes ever beaten the chargers .......... but im sure he beat them tons of times when he was in Denver

Rey
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Man i cant beleive FIser hias never beaten the chargers !!!!!!

Nor has Kubes ever beaten the chargers .......... but im sure he beat them tons of times when he was in Denver

problem is, he wasn't a head coach in Denver...

Maybe Fisher has also been involved in some victories over certain teams when he was not a head coach...

Corrosion
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM
What's sad is ...

Whats really sad is how offensive the Texans defense is ....

Whats really sad is that they will chunk the ball around when they average 7+ yards per carry on the ground .... and watch a defender get a pick 6.

Whats really sad is how many of us are predicting a not only a Texans loss this week .... but that a 2-5 team does it convincingly.

Whats really sad is .... anyone remember that comercial where HHWNBM lines up with no OL ? ..... Thats how I feel about the entire Texans defense. They may as well stay on the sidelines. :rake:

TimeKiller
11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
That's a great song. Kanye for the win. Maybe he can interrupt the game when the Texans start getting blown out. "Philip Rivers, I know you carvin up the Texans defense and imma let you finish, but Peyton had the biggest day against the Texans ever. EVER."

I'm not even a big rap/hiphop fan but that song is my new fav. If you're having a rough day just put that on and yell IT'S A CELEBRATION BITCHES!!! lol :ant:

JWarren14
11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Just going with the current pattern we will win this game.

It's algorithms or something like that

18-15 Texans

In all seriousness, if we establish the run early we can win this game, and that's a big if. Chargers are pretty dominant in getting after the QB, the gameplan should be the same as Colts round 1 with some screens and playaction thrown in.

Blake
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Chargers 34
Texans 17

Chargers are #1 in defense yards allowed. 260
Texans are #32 in defense yards allowed. 404.1

Chargers are #2 in sacks. 25
Texans are #25 in sacks. 11

The only thing the Texans have going for them is that they are in crisis mode.

Double Barrel
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Texans win....narrowly after KB misses wide right at the end of the game.

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Texans win....narrowly after KB misses wide right at the end of the game.

I'd love that. Though, if the game does come down to that and Brown makes it....this board will be crazy.

ThaShark316
11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Neither team can trail big. (or at all for that matter)

Period.

Texans running the ball with a lead is nowheresville, USA.

Chargers with a lead is like walking through shredded glass without shoes. They'll hurt you with Tolbert, Matthews and Sproles, and they passing attack, of course.

Key for each team? Don't trail by too much to where you have to get our your gameplan.

Texans need a Jacoby Jones play this week, too. SD sports a bad special teams core and with the weapon we have in the punt/kick game, we can exploit that.

HWY95
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Houston 28 - SD 20

Unfortunately is true through all 8 weeks:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

1st in Total YPG, Passing YPG, Total Defense, Passing D and 2nd against the run.

Sad isnt it?

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Whats really sad is how many of us are predicting a not only a Texans loss this week .... but that a 2-5 team does it convincingly.

Technically, that 2-5 team convincingly beat the Titans last week, so it would be a 3-5 team beating the Texans convincingly.
:kitten:

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Chargers 34
Texans 17

Chargers are #1 in defense yards allowed. 260
Texans are #32 in defense yards allowed. 404.1

Chargers are #2 in sacks. 25
Texans are #25 in sacks. 11

The only thing the Texans have going for them is that they are in crisis mode.

The Chargers are 5th in scoring 26 pts per game
Texans defense is 28th in scoring 28 pts per game

Texans are 9th in scoring 24 pts per game
Chargers D is 19th in scoring 21 points per game

Not looking good for the Texans.

Chargers have allowed 21 sacks this year..... they are 24th
Texans are 23rd, allowing 19. We'll probably see QBs on the ground a lot.
Chargers

JB
11-05-2010, 06:30 PM
And the Chargers are -8 in turnovers, Texans are -3.

Likely to be a lot of turnovers...

ThaShark316
11-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Best case scenario for a lot of folks on the board...and this PAINS me to say...would be a Charger rout.

EDIT: I said "pains" because I know it's people here who, while they want the team to do well, and perform like a bonafide contender, can't stand the potential direction this team's headed. As for me, well, GO TEXANS! lol

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Best case scenario for a lot of folks on the board...and this PAINS me to say...would be a Charger rout.

Kind of hard for me to believe Texans fans would be rooting for their team to be routed.

As an aside, the Chargers are favored to win by 3.

JB
11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Kind of hard for me to believe Texans fans would be rooting for their team to be routed.

Haven't you been reading the threads?

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Haven't you been reading the threads?

Yeah.... what I really said was between the lines.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I doubt the Texans force any turnovers. The Chargers NEED this
win to get back into their division race, and the Texans are the
ELIXIR for ailing teams ESPECIALLY at Reliant.

Don't put your heart into this game. Consider this Game #2 of the
Kubiak-era Meltdown.

Those shills on 610 gave Kubiak kudos for doing his Monday show after
the Giants game. Rich Lord said something along the lines of "We
appreciate coach coming in to talk, even after a bad game."

The Colts game was the first time he ducked "The Gary Kubiak Show." Dude
knows the heat is on, and this is where his annual 4-5 game LOSING
STREAK occurs.

I have a STRONG suspicion, history is now repeating itself. A passive
offseason lead to a passive regular season, with nowhere to run.

ATXtexanfan
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM

EDIT: I said "pains" because I know it's people here who, while they want the team to do well, and perform like a bonafide contender, can't stand the potential direction this team's headed. As for me, well, GO TEXANS! lol

best case would be a texan win and philly knocking off the colts. andy reid is 11-0 after a bye.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 07:29 PM

NOBODY'S rooting for this team to be routed, a lot of us SUSPECT
they WILL BE.

Huge distinction, please make it.

ThaShark316
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
best case would be a texan win and philly knocking off the colts. andy reid is 11-0 after a bye.

I keep visualizing that scenario lol...

Philly W, Texans W.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Houston 28 - SD 20

If you've watched any Chargers game this season (I've watched about
3 of them in full,) you'll see that they are explosive on offense AND defense.
The reason they are 3-5, is because of timely turnovers and special
teams. They actually lost against the Raiders, because their returner
fumbled the ball to a Raiders' defender who ran it back for a touchdown.
This occurred as the final play of the game.

I don't see them losing to the Texans in a stupid way. They are MUCH
better team than the Chiefs are, and 3-5 ain't nothin' but a number
when talking about San Diego. Should the Texans play like they have all
seven games this season, they'll lose BIG.

I say San Diego by 14.

ThaShark316
11-05-2010, 08:08 PM
If you've watched any Chargers game this season (I've watched about
The reason they are 3-5, is because of timely turnovers and special
teams. They actually lost against the Raiders, because their returner
fumbled the ball to a Raiders' defender who ran it back for a touchdown.
This occurred as the final play of the game.

I don't see them losing to the Texans in a stupid way. They are MUCH
better team than the Chiefs are, and 3-5 ain't nothin' but a number
when talking about San Diego. Should the Texans play like they have all
seven games this season, they'll lose BIG.

I say San Diego by 14.

Chiefs will win the AFC west. You are what your record says you are. And the Chiefs are a stop or 2 away from 7-0.

Thorn
11-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Texans win this game. I still believe in the long run Kubiak is not the coach for this team, we won't make the play offs, I'll be pissed and support the soap crowd, but for some unknown reason I just believe we'll win this particular game.

Please don't ask me my reasoning for this leap of unlogical logic, it's just how I feel.

Mr. White
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I think the Chargers win for the same 2 reasons they they've been beating us.

1. Their offensive coaching is better than our defensive coaching.
2. Their defensive coaching is better than our offensive coaching.

Not to mention, they know it's time for them to wake up and win their division.

Corrosion
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM

Im not "rooting for them to be routed" by any stretch of the imagination.

I am however looking at the two teams and have to consider the possibility of the Texans coming out flat again .... When has this team ever played up to expectations when it mattered ?

What Texans team shows up ?

the Chargers being 2-5 are much better than their record shows and every game for them is a must win .... their backs are against the wall if they want any shot at the post season.

The Texans have the worst pass defense in the NFL , quite possibly the worst pass defense Ive ever seen in all the years Ive watched football ... and thats a lotta years.

The Chargers have probably the best passing attack in the league .... and Gates will play , you can count on that.

The Texans are 2-2 at home , the Chargers have yet to win on the road. They are bound to win one sometime ....

The Texans pass protection sucks , the Chargers pass rush is pretty good ....

Add it up and you get the reaction that many have given here.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Those shills on 610 gave Kubiak kudos for doing his Monday show after
the Giants game. Rich Lord said something along the lines of "We
appreciate coach coming in to talk, even after a bad game."

The Colts game was the first time he ducked "The Gary Kubiak Show." Dude
knows the heat is on, and this is where his annual 4-5 game LOSING
STREAK occurs.

Or he's got more important things to do on a short week... maybe??

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Chiefs will win the AFC west. You are what your record says you are. And the Chiefs are a stop or 2 away from 7-0.

The AFC West is the AFC West. The Broncos started 6-0 last year. The
Chiefs haven't really played the meat of their schedule yet. San Diego
is talented and veteran enough to go 11-5, even though they've started
3-5. The Chiefs are VERY young, and they may or may not win that
division.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Or he's got more important things to do on a short week... maybe??

We'll definitely get to see sometime before the season's over.

Texan_Bill
11-05-2010, 11:06 PM

Chargers 37 Texans 17

I'm unfortunately going to have to agree with Corrosion this week, I think we get flogged 35-17 or something of this nature. I think Rivers is gonna have a big day..

Now that being said they could drop every ball in sight like I've seen them do as well and we kick the crap out of them, but I don't want to get my hopes up and then get them crushed.

I now have happy juice in me..... :drunk: 31-21 Texans....

*Disclaimer*
I reserve the right to say that I was "tipsy" during the 31-21 predict....

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
The Chiefs are VERY young, and they may or may not win that
division.

Really??

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM

You know, people were talking about all the injuries the Colts had, that was going to make it easier for us to beat them. Austin Collie, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, & Donald Brown.

Other than Collie or Clark, Addai & Brown really haven't been all that in their wins over the Texans.... at least not last year.

They also still had Garcon and Gonzales, many people think Gonzo was going to be their #2 receiver & that Garcon & Collie were going to be battling for the 3rd spot. So losing Collie & Clark, though a big deal, wasn't as big as it was being played.

San Diego will be playing without Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, & Legedu Naanee (who has been having a great season). Phillip Rivers is not Peyton Manning, and doesn't share his ability to make receivers look great.

Even though Rivers had a big day against the Titans with that rag-tag bunch, I don't think it's any kind of guarantee he'll have a big day against us.

hradhak
11-05-2010, 11:48 PM
You know, people were talking about all the injuries the Colts had, that was going to make it easier for us to beat them. Austin Collie, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, & Donald Brown.

Other than Collie or Clark, Addai & Brown really haven't been all that in their wins over the Texans.... at least not last year.

They also still had Garcon and Gonzales, many people think Gonzo was going to be their #2 receiver & that Garcon & Collie were going to be battling for the 3rd spot. So losing Collie & Clark, though a big deal, wasn't as big as it was being played.

San Diego will be playing without Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, & Legedu Naanee (who has been having a great season). Phillip Rivers is not Peyton Manning, and doesn't share his ability to make receivers look great.

Even though Rivers had a big day against the Titans with that rag-tag bunch, I don't think it's any kind of guarantee he'll have a big day against us.
I agree that Rivers is no Manning and he has none of his receivers. The real key here is if they Texans decide to double team Antonio Gates, otherwise he's going to kill us all day long. So far no team has done that against Gates, and he's tearing it up on the receiving side.

This is definitely a winnable game, as I think every game this season is, but the real question is 1) do the 2nd half Texans show up in the first half 2) do we exploit weakness and sloppy play by the Chargers

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I agree that Rivers is no Manning and he has none of his receivers. The real key here is if they Texans decide to double team Antonio Gates, otherwise he's going to kill us all day long. So far no team has done that against Gates, and he's tearing it up on the receiving side.

This is definitely a winnable game, as I think every game this season is, but the real question is 1) do the 2nd half Texans show up in the first half 2) do we exploit weakness and sloppy play by the Chargers

Kubiak said something stupid in his last press conference, that we wanted to force the Colts to run the ball..... yeah, right...

Anyway, if we can shut down their run game (which we haven't been doing a good job of).... a TE won't beat us.

Norg
11-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Just heard gates prob or more then likey he will not play he didnt practice this week

No i hope I HOPE we do not get burned yet again from a rookie or old Vet TE

Getting Burned by Tamme that was prob working at a local Indy fitness club was just sad

I hope this does not happen again

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 01:44 AM

NOBODY'S rooting for this team to be routed, a lot of us SUSPECT
they WILL BE.

Huge distinction, please make it.

Uh... work on your reading comprehension.... please.

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 01:50 AM
If you've watched any Texans game last season (I've watched about
The reason they are 9-7 in 2009, is because of timely turnovers and special
teams. They actually lost against the Colts because their running back fumbled on the 1 yard line.

Fixed it for ya....

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Im not "rooting for them to be routed" by any stretch of the imagination.

Nobody said you were. Shark316 said it would be in the best interest of some fans that the Texans get routed.

I said I find it hard to believe a Texans fan would root for our team to get routed.

Corrosion
11-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Nobody said you were. Shark316 said it would be in the best interest of some fans that the Texans get routed.

I said I find it hard to believe a Texans fan would root for our team to get routed.

I must have missed that .... was just explaining myself either way. :smiliepalm:

Dwade
11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
35-14 Chargers. They have a better defense than the Giants, and Rivers is on pace for 5200 yards...before he has played the Texans. He will probably be over 3000 after this game :mariopalm:

Corrosion
11-06-2010, 03:11 PM
I now have happy juice in me..... :drunk: 31-21 Texans....

*Disclaimer*
I reserve the right to say that I was "tipsy" during the 31-21 predict....

Maybe I should drink more .... :shots:

:kitten::pissed:

JB
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe I should drink more .... :shots:

:kitten::pissed:

Yeah, even if it didn't make you happy, you wouldn't feel the pain as much...

Corrosion
11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, even if it didn't make you happy, you wouldn't feel the pain as much...

It might just get me in trouble , knowing how I like to knock out melonheads and mudpies when I get to drinkin ..... :evil:

JB
11-06-2010, 03:58 PM
It might just get me in trouble , knowing how I like to knock out melonheads and mudpies when I get to drinkin ..... :evil:

Don't forget the pepper plants...:kitten:

Honoring Earl 34
11-06-2010, 04:11 PM
The Chargers beat a hot Titan team .

The Texans lost to a beat up team on a big stage .

Teams that don't show up , don't want it enough for me to be optimistic .

San Diego 38 Texans 17 .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0KG6nR9UqZg/SjuOTv-tf_I/AAAAAAAAAEY/QASMTvEJDB4/s320/snowball_title_screen.png

Corrosion
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't forget the pepper plants...:kitten:

That wasnt intentional .... Thats just cause TB let me fall on my face. :shots:

devo-x
11-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm predicting Schaub will shred the SD secondary with the Texans special teams capitalizing on mistakes by the Chargers

It's time to reverse the trend with 1-3 record tomorrow! :doot:

Last game: L 35-10 -- Oct 28, 2007 -- San Diego, CA

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm predicting Schaub will shred the SD secondary with the Texans special teams capitalizing on mistakes by the Chargers

It's time to reverse the trend with 1-3 record tomorrow! :doot:

Last game: L 35-10 -- Oct 28, 2007 -- San Diego, CA

I bet we see that heavy run game everyone wanted to see last week.

I doubt Schaub's got his head cleared yet. He seems to be able to perform in a pinch, when he doesn't have time to think.

From here on out, I think we're going to pound the rock, keep the defense off the field, and go to Matt, when we absolutely have to.