PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Solomon's article today

El Tejano
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/7276308.html

Even the best teams in the NFL take an F every now and then.

The New York Jets, coming off an open week, failed to score a point in a loss at home Sunday and the Pittsburgh Steelers managed only 10 points in a loss at New Orleans on Sunday night. Fail.

So donít freak out over the Texansí loss at Indianapolis. Consider it an opportunity for extra credit that was wasted. Even on the road, it was a game against a team missing several injured starters and against a defense that could not stop what the Texans currently do best ó run the football.

The game was winnable.

I think he put alot of things in perspective here. All is not lost but we gotta do something quick to keep our head above water.

Blake
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
The NYJ's made the AFC Championship game last year. The Steelers won 4 games without their star QB, and lost to last years SuperBowl Champs.

The Texans havent done anything to give us hope.

Apples and Oranges.

beerlover
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
keep grounded, yada yada yada I get it but when you write "At 4-3, Houston isnít nearly as desperate as the 3-5 Chargers". it makes my skin crawl :kubepalm: I mean when do we (Texans) become desperate :rake:

El Tejano
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM
The NYJ's made the AFC Championship game last year. The Steelers won 4 games without their star QB, and lost to last years SuperBowl Champs.

Apples and Oranges.

Comparison may be weak but it's very true. I know we didn't sweep The Colts but alot of people here said they could live with splitting with Indy and how that could help us win the division before the season started. We need to find a prediction a prediction thread dated before 09-12-2010 to see what people had us at this point. I bet we will find many people who said 4-3 at very least or very worse. We just missed out on sweeping Indy. And as he said, it was still a winnable game.

Looking back, I tell you what's the game that hurts us the most. Sadly, the Dallas game. We lossed to a then 0-2 Dallas team and now at 1-6 we are their only win. A win vs. them and we would currently be 5-2 without having to beat Indy.

machineo
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Solomon as the voice of reason? Does not suit him.

BullNation4Life
11-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Just a reminder, the last 2 teams that were desperate for a win (Cowpukes and Giants), blew the Texans out in their own stadium...

What makes SD any different. Everybody know the Texans are the team you play to spark your season....

IDEXAN
11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Solomon as the voice of reason? Does not suit him.

Disagree, Solomon writes some good stuff and he frequently scores some solid points. Plus I think he's probably got some real reliable sources for his articles.

BigBull17
11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
It would be different if we hadn't thrown away a golden opportunity to sweep them, but we did. We had a dim witted game plan and blew it. I don't want to hear anymore "its our time to over take the Colts" talk when you aren't game planning to win.

Showtime100
11-03-2010, 02:28 PM

Apples and Oranges.

Badda bing badda boom.

BTW, I went to Jr High with Soloman and played on the same basketball team with him. The mf'er stole my sweatbands and can't write to save himself.

Hervoyel
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Apples and Oranges.

This. There is no comparison. These teams he mentions have accomplished something. Our team has not and so it's a little bit disingenuous to compare our "bad day" with their bad days.

We do this on a regular basis. Nice attempt at spin from Jerome though. I think he just likes taking the opposing view from the fans at any given time.

HTown2ATX
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Badda bing badda boom.

The mf'er stole my sweatbands and can't write to save himself.

Get 'em!

:bat:

:)

TexansWest
11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
It would be different if we hadn't thrown away a golden opportunity to sweep them, but we did. We had a dim witted game plan and blew it. I don't want to hear anymore "its our time to over take the Colts" talk when you aren't game planning to win.

Couldn't agree more. Rep to you!!!

TexanBacker93
11-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Just a reminder, the last 2 teams that were desperate for a win (Cowpukes and Giants), blew the Texans out in their own stadium...

What makes SD any different. Everybody know the Texans are the team you play to spark your season....

The Colts were probably playing with some desperation also. They already have 2 division losses and couldn't afford to be swept by us. They still have to play the Titans twice. You have to win this division to get into the playoffs this year. As long as we can face a team that doesn't care about winning the game we should be ok.

When can we face ourselves?