PDA

View Full Version : Losses like this disgust me...

TheRealJoker
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Because we chose to fix what wasn't broken!!!

I have no idea why the coaches thought passing would give them the best chance to win when Arian was picking up right where he left off with 8 ypc in the first half. Had they just chosen to shove the run down the Colts throat the entire game instead of passing while leaving Duane Brown, fresh off a 4 game absence, on an island with Freeney...

Hopefully the Texans do better against the Chargers since they don't have the bye week to outsmart themselves.

That game would've gone exactly like the first game had they chosen to run Foster and Ward 30+ times and dared to own the time of possession battle. But Kubiak got psyched out and chose to fix what wasn't broken (abandoning the running game from the start). Losses like this on primetime ****ing piss me off!!!

It's one thing to get dominated like in the Giants game, but its another matter entirely when you laid the blueprint to win out in the first meeting with the Colts and then abandon it entirely in the 2nd game even though the run is still working!!!

**** you Kubiak for not having the balls to take the lead in this division!!!

MFG16
11-02-2010, 10:22 PM

I have no idea why the coaches thought passing would give them the best chance to win when Arian was picking up right where he left off with 8 ypc in the first half. Had they just chosen to shove the run down the Colts throat the entire game instead of passing while leaving Duane Brown, fresh off a 4 game absence, on an island with Freeney...

Hopefully the Texans do better against the Chargers since they don't have the bye week to outsmart themselves.

That game would've gone exactly like the first game had they chosen to run Foster and Ward 30+ times and dared to own the time of possession battle. But Kubiak got psyched out and chose to fix what wasn't broken (abandoning the running game from the start). Losses like this on primetime ****ing piss me off!!!

It's one thing to get dominated like in the Giants game, but its another matter entirely when you laid the blueprint to win out in the first meeting with the Colts and then abandon it entirely in the 2nd game even though the run is still working!!!

I can see why the coaching staff thought passing would be a strong gameplan with all the talk of revenge and foster having a target on his back, but after the first couple of runs or the pick six, kubes should of just thrown out the gameplan and gave it to 23. It seems most of the 1st half i was yelling "why aren't we running the ball", And then kubes goes on to say that the offense needs to be balanced. yeah, we ran it what? 18 times and threw it how many times??? the more I think about it, the more I dislike Kubes. Atleast the defense finally played some man and not that crappy zone. the D only gave up 23 points and if Matt doesnt throw that pick six were playing for the win at the end of the game.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Yep. Kubiak is a fraud.

I can see why the coaching staff thought passing would be a strong gameplan with all the talk of revenge and foster having a target on his back, but after the first couple of runs or the pick six, kubes should of just thrown out the gameplan and gave it to 23. It seems most of the 1st half i was yelling "why aren't we running the ball", And then kubes goes on to say that the offense needs to be balanced. yeah, we ran it what? 18 times and threw it how many times??? the more I think about it, the more I dislike Kubes. Atleast the defense finally played some man and not that crappy zone. the D only gave up 23 points and if Matt doesnt throw that pick six were playing for the win at the end of the game.

They DID run it more after the pick six...Foster had a 33 yard run as his first carry. The problem was, Kubiak should have gameplanned to run it more BEFORE the pick six. For example, that 3rd and 4th and 2. Why the hell are we passing it twice? Foster could have easily gotten you two yards on two carries.

Speedy
11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
The game plan was just flawed from the beginning. I don't give a damn what the Colts say they're going to do about Foster and the run game. It doesn't mean they can stop it any more than the Texans D calling meetings and taking an oath to stop anybody.

You attack a team's weakness. PERIOD!! You don't try to get cute with, well they think we know they'll gear up for the run so we'll pass but they probably think we're thinking that so we'll run and then we'll pass anyway to really confuse the issue. It's pretty simple to me. You take it to someone until they prove they can stop you. That wasn't even close to what the game plan was and there's just no excuse for that.

Instead of attacking their weakness with your strength, you play into their strength with your weak ass pass pro. And the run game is the Texans strength. They are NUMBER ONE in yards per attempt. Have the NFL's 2nd leading rusher. The run sets up their play action and makes the pass game that much better, buys Schaub time and all that jazz.

That seriously makes me question what they're are looking at when preparing the game plan. I know I know jack little about x's and o's, but I do know enough that you attack an opponent at their weakest point and the rest of it usually comes crumbling down. The Texans think otherwise for some strange reason.

BigBull17
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM

I would agree, except they started with 4 strait pass plays. I would have ran the slant, then pounded the rock. They did not.

Blake
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM

Dont tell that to thunderkyss. He will tell you its Schaub and the WR's fault. Kubiak can do no wrong! :cowboy1:

machineo
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
What's disgusting is that Kubiak seems like he's learned nothing from that loss. "26 passes to 8 runs? I bet Ol' Norv is expecting me to run the ball, I'll show him! Battle! Balance!"

sakebomb
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM
The pick six should have never happened because Foster should have been running it down their throat. The third and fourth down call to throw is just retarded. Very frustrating when us the fans all know this but the head coach doesn't. It's time for the players to grow some stones to bring it to the coaching staff's attention.

jaayteetx
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
This loss is on Kubiak...period. All this "we strive to be balanced B.S." what the hell ever! What happened to, "we're gonna do whatever it takes to win"? I've given Kubiak alot of slack in the past but this last game was disgusting from a game planning standpoint.

GuerillaBlack
11-03-2010, 12:38 PM
The pick six should have never happened because Foster should have been running it down their throat. The third and fourth down call to throw is just retarded. Very frustrating when us the fans all know this but the head coach doesn't. It's time for the players to grow some stones to bring it to the coaching staff's attention.

If Matt Schaub had changed the plays to running and gone against Kubiak's gameplan, we would have had a McNabb/Grossman situation with Schaub/Dan-O.

TexanBacker93
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
You attack a team's weakness. PERIOD!! You don't try to get cute with, well they think we know they'll gear up for the run so we'll pass but they probably think we're thinking that so we'll run and then we'll pass anyway to really confuse the issue. It's pretty simple to me. You take it to someone until they prove they can stop you. That wasn't even close to what the game plan was and there's just no excuse for that.

You mean like throwing the ball 40 times against the Texans? The best coaches know how to do exploit another team's weaknesses.