PDA

View Full Version : Green soap for those who don't like pink

GP
11-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I made this green soap avatar last year. If you want it, here is the link:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/gpshafer_1976/kubiak_green_soap.jpg

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ocvKGvYbtj0q9M:http://www.pleasantfluff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/FightClub.jpg&t=1

Corrosion
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Im not gonna get out the soap just yet .... How many of you actually had the Texans winning AT Indy ?

Sure Kubiak got away from what they should have been doing .... and didnt give Brown any help but ....

I'd like to see what they do in the rest of their division games before I go off the deep end. If they can sweep both the Jax and Tits ..... things look golden. If they dont win at least 3 of those 4 , I'll get out the soap.

Joe Texan
11-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I am not a fan of the soap but last night had me thinking I need a cold shower, I am not going to back a coach that cannot see the mistakes he is making and adjust his situation to win a game. Foster would have been part of that adjusting and it did not happen, I am beginning to think that Kyle was the Guru and Kubes was just a puppet in Denver. We lost Kyle and we lost the ability to score on a consistant basis. I would think Bob should be able to find his shoes in Gary's arse.

eriadoc
11-02-2010, 10:12 PM
I am not a fan of the soap but last night had me thinking I need a cold shower, I am not going to back a coach that cannot see the mistakes he is making and adjust his situation to win a game. Foster would have been part of that adjusting and it did not happen, I am beginning to think that Kyle was the Guru and Kubes was just a puppet in Denver. We lost Kyle and we lost the ability to score on a consistant basis. I would think Bob should be able to find his shoes in Gary's arse.

Surely you're not conceding that the anti-Kubiak crowd had a valid argument?

Texecutioner
11-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Is this a joke? Are you actually bending on the almighty Kubiak?

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Im not gonna get out the soap just yet .... How many of you actually had the Texans winning AT Indy ?

Sure Kubiak got away from what they should have been doing .... and didnt give Brown any help but ....

I'd like to see what they do in the rest of their division games before I go off the deep end. If they can sweep both the Jax and Tits ..... things look golden. If they dont win at least 3 of those 4 , I'll get out the soap.

That's not the point though. If the Texans had played a hard fought game, but came up a touchdown or field goal short, I'd give Kubiak a pass...even with all the injuries the Colts had. But Kubiak came out without the proper gameplan. Why did he not run it with Foster more at the beginning? Foster had 8 carries for 64 yards in the first half, when he should have had at least 14 and ended the game with around 25 carries (Ward with five or six more). You run it until the Colts stop it and not try and get cute, which is what Kubiak did.

ThaShark316
11-02-2010, 11:02 PM
lol @ the new avys when we're 6-3. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/jay2.gif @ this board

Joe Texan
11-02-2010, 11:05 PM
I am saying that a two year old could have taken the playlist from game one and followed it verbatum and won this game and Kubes is that blinded to let his ego lose a game then I am not going to stand behind him and support him. Seems to me the first game we played the colts we came out the second half and ran every play till we scored, Then we did it again and again. And when we run the ball it keeps Payaton off the feild. Come on we should have come out and ran 25 to 30 times in the first half but that is how many times we passed. Kubiak showed his inability to apply football 101 to a team and let the Colts run away with the game. He did the same thing against the giants and cowboys and it is now showing that we have the talent but we have a leader who cannot lead. No fire and the wheels do not move and every loss leads to less heat in the fire pit.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I am saying that a two year old could have taken the playlist from game one and followed it verbatum and won this game and Kubes is that blinded to let his ego lose a game then I am not going to stand behind him and support him. Seems to me the first game we played the colts we came out the second half and ran every play till we scored, Then we did it again and again. And when we run the ball it keeps Payaton off the feild. Come on we should have come out and ran 25 to 30 times in the first half but that is how many times we passed. Kubiak showed his inability to apply football 101 to a team and let the Colts run away with the game. He did the same thing against the giants and cowboys and it is now showing that we have the talent but we have a leader who cannot lead. No fire and the wheels do not move and every loss leads to less heat in the fire pit.

http://madtown.cc/d/27616-1/Slow-Clap.gif

I agree with Joe Texan for once.

Hervoyel
11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
http://madtown.cc/d/27616-1/Slow-Clap.gif

I agree with Joe Texan for once.

I do too.

It's not about having bad players or a bad system. It's about a single man not being willing or able to see that he's his own worst enemy. Kubiak could probably be an outstanding coach if he could ever get past trying to be the smartest coach in the room. Beating the Colts was a fairly straightforward thing and we ran the ball well enough for all of us to be able to see that it would have worked again. They can't stop a runny nose much less a determined running game. At the same time we actually got our QB beat up in the process.

Corrosion
11-02-2010, 11:33 PM
That's not the point though. If the Texans had played a hard fought game, but came up a touchdown or field goal short, I'd give Kubiak a pass...even with all the injuries the Colts had. But Kubiak came out without the proper gameplan. Why did he not run it with Foster more at the beginning? Foster had 8 carries for 64 yards in the first half, when he should have had at least 14 and ended the game with around 25 carries (Ward with five or six more). You run it until the Colts stop it and not try and get cute, which is what Kubiak did.

Gary got cute .... Peyton put the nail in the coffin early , I wont dispute that , not one bit.

Just saying that one game doesnt make or break a season , I want to see the entire body of work before I go calling for his head on a platter. They may get their shit together and get on a roll .... The next four games are games they could win and be right back in the mix. Winning at least 3 out of 4 of their remaining divisional games .... bla bla bla who the hell am I kidding.

TexCanada
11-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Gary got cute .... Peyton put the nail in the coffin early , I wont dispute that , not one bit.

Just saying that one game doesnt make or break a season , I want to see the entire body of work before I go calling for his head on a platter. They may get their shit together and get on a roll .... The next four games are games they could win and be right back in the mix. Winning at least 3 out of 4 of their remaining divisional games .... bla bla bla who the hell am I kidding.

Its not like this is Kubiak's first year. We have a lot of data on him to make an informed decision already. I don't believe we should fire him at any time during the season, but unless he makes playoffs he should be gone.

Hookem Horns
11-03-2010, 12:00 AM
lol @ the new avys when we're 6-3. http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/jay2.gif @ this board

Until then I am going with Mister Softee.

GNTLEWOLF
11-03-2010, 12:20 AM

I'll bite.... What is ist that you have seen out of this team's previous performances that makes you believe that we will actually win six games while we still only have three losses?

Ryan
11-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Screw it, i'll join in. I'm usually one of the last to get the soap out, but i think i've just had enough now. If he can prove me wrong, it's time to act on it now.

GP
11-03-2010, 01:49 AM

Your post tells me that you were already having doubts, even before the Monday Night Football game vs. the Colts this past Monday.

You made reference to the ways Kubiak screwed the pooch vs. the Giants and Cowboys, so I gotta' believe that you were already figuring things out wayyy before Monday night at about 10:30 p.m. The Colts game this week just solidified it for you.

Which begs the question: If you're going to be on the up-and-up, were there other times the past few seasons where you had occasional thoughts about Kubiak NOT being the man for the job here? Or did this really just come to you within the past few weeks?

Not trying to trap you into a joke or anything. I seriously want to know if you had any doubts about Kubiak prior to the past few weeks.

sometexansfan
11-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Think you could do some blue soap for me?

GP
11-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Think you could do some blue soap for me?

Maybe.

I'll try to whip it up sometime tomorrow.

I figure we should be able to get a bar of Fire Kubiak Club soap in any damn color we choose. A lot of movie buffs scoff at anything BUT pink soap, but they can go dry hump Kubiak's leg for all I care. I ain't wearing pink.

sometexansfan
11-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Maybe.

I'll try to whip it up sometime tomorrow.

I figure we should be able to get a bar of Fire Kubiak Club soap in any damn color we choose. A lot of movie buffs scoff at anything BUT pink soap, but they can go dry hump Kubiak's leg for all I care. I ain't wearing pink.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

ThaShark316
11-03-2010, 02:25 AM
I'll bite.... What is ist that you have seen out of this team's previous performances that makes you believe that we will actually win six games while we still only have three losses?

Maybe i'm just optimistic and all that good stuff? if it wasn't so late, I'd drop some knowledge (or just more optimism, I dunno) ...maybe tomorrow.

GP
11-03-2010, 03:07 AM
Maybe i'm just optimistic and all that good stuff? if it wasn't so late, I'd drop some knowledge (or just more optimism, I dunno) ...maybe tomorrow.

The ones who hold out hope, IMO, are just not wanting to take a risk on saying "FIRE KUBIAK!" because of this: What if he pulls the rabbit our of his hat, and we make the playoffs and even go deep into the playoffs? Then you're on record for having been a Doubting Thomas. Men are prideful. We want to be on the right side of the outcome.

I'm just to a point where I know how this ends for Kubiak, I just don't know if it ends this year or the next. But what I have seen, IMO, does not resemble the body of work we see in coaches who HAVE achieved playoff appearances and/or Super Bowl appearances and/or wins.

That's why the wins, for this current team, are a fluke. It's not sustainable over a long period of time. They rise, plateau, then plummet back to their true level of existence. Doesn't make them "evil," but just makes them people who don't have a real leader who knows what to do at each turn of the journey. It takes a special person to be a high-quality head coach.

Kubiak ain't it. Lovely offense, when it's used properly of course, but lousy at the gameday stuff. Utterly lousy.

silvrhand
11-03-2010, 04:30 AM
I'm sorry but someone who sits as a backup QB their entire life wit the same team behind John Elway and is ok with it is not the person I want to lead my team. His mentality has been the same since he has always hidden behind great teams, players, and coaches.. Until GARY himself shows greatness none of his team will follow, how can you be inspiring when you never done anything inspirational yourself. This may seem a bit unfair critic of Gary, but it's just what I see when I look at him. Some things are pretty transparent.

If the Chargers come in and smoke us, which is a likely scenario it's gonna be a long second half of the year.. I HOPE I am wrong, but something tells me that I'm right.

I WANT a proven WINNER that can come in throw his rings on the table and say who wants some of this, well get in line cause you are going to have to fight me for it and I'm gonna kick your ass. I'm not talking about someone who yells/screams either, I want a fighter a winner, a self confident person that installs confidence in my team.

I don't feel we have this with Gary..

Grams
11-03-2010, 05:51 AM
That's not the point though. If the Texans had played a hard fought game, but came up a touchdown or field goal short, .

Exactly. Two weeks to prepare and we look like high schoolers on Monday Night Football. Embarrasing.

Thorn
11-03-2010, 06:59 AM
The Sarge says "Fire Kubiak, but keep me as your avatar."

Gotta do what the Sarge says. :texflag:

ThaShark316
11-03-2010, 10:26 AM
The ones who hold out hope, IMO, are just not wanting to take a risk on saying "FIRE KUBIAK!" because of this: What if he pulls the rabbit our of his hat, and we make the playoffs and even go deep into the playoffs? Then you're on record for having been a Doubting Thomas. Men are prideful. We want to be on the right side of the outcome.

I'm just to a point where I know how this ends for Kubiak, I just don't know if it ends this year or the next. But what I have seen, IMO, does not resemble the body of work we see in coaches who HAVE achieved playoff appearances and/or Super Bowl appearances and/or wins.

That's why the wins, for this current team, are a fluke. It's not sustainable over a long period of time. They rise, plateau, then plummet back to their true level of existence. Doesn't make them "evil," but just makes them people who don't have a real leader who knows what to do at each turn of the journey. It takes a special person to be a high-quality head coach.

Kubiak ain't it. Lovely offense, when it's used properly of course, but lousy at the gameday stuff. Utterly lousy.

IMO (since that is the #1 thing people like to say to try and look half-ass smart on a message board), the people who DON'T hold hope wanted Monday to happen. It's people who need a shitty performance on Sunday to be happy, because it would get the coach fired. Yeah, I said it. It's people who want their team (if you can call it that) to lose out so the coach can get fired. That's the dumbest bs this side of the Mississippi. So while you have your pink, green, purple, w/e soap, I'll be cheering for my boys, win or lose.

After Sunday, GP, don't drop the soap.

Peace.

GuerillaBlack
11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
IMO (since that is the #1 thing people like to say to try and look half-ass smart on a message board), the people who DON'T hold hope wanted Monday to happen. It's people who need a shitty performance on Sunday to be happy, because it would get the coach fired. Yeah, I said it. It's people who want their team (if you can call it that) to lose out so the coach can get fired. That's the dumbest bs this side of the Mississippi. So while you have your pink, green, purple, w/e soap, I'll be cheering for my boys, win or lose.

Peace.

I held out hope until Monday night. The gameplan Kubiak called and his press conference on Tuesday was enough for me to commit sin against Alicia and put the pink soap up as my avatar.

GP
11-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Peace.

To the contrary, research my posts on here during the first two weeks of the season. It was astonishment and JOY with what happened. I said things to the tune of "Man, I think this is the year." and "Kubiak might be able to do this! Wow!"

And, I was poo-poo'ing the problems on defense too. I was ignoring it. I was thinking things were going to level out once Cushing got back. Wrong.

So your tag doesn't apply to me. You're irritated with me, IMO, because I nailed the tag on you...yet your attempt to reciprocate in the same fashion is very inaccurate. Even Second Honeymoon was dazzled and intrigued by what we accomlished the first 4 games.

People generally DO want to see their team and its coaches/players succeed. Our investment, as fans, depends upon it.

But having the guts to say "Man, I think this thing is going sour...in a hurry" is not an indication that we now turn to treason against our own team. Correction: Because it is now apparent that Kubiak can't put all of it together and sustain it over long periods of time, I could care less if we DO end up losing the rest of our games. I won't have any pure JOY for this team until probably the next coach comes along. Because this current guy is done.

No hard feelings. Just my :twocents:

ThaShark316
11-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I held out hope until Monday night. The gameplan Kubiak called and his press conference on Tuesday was enough for me to commit sin against Alicia and put the pink soap up as my avatar.

Hope for another loss Sunday...that goes for all of you. I'm going to be worse than that troll "THE NFL" with it comes to neg rep by Monday, the 8th.

GuerillaBlack
11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Hope for another loss Sunday...that goes for all of you. I'm going to be worse than that troll "THE NFL" with it comes to neg rep by Monday, the 8th.

I still don't want my team to lose, but Kubiak is not right for the job. As evident by his ideas on Monday night.

SheTexan
11-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I like my avitar (thanks again James) so I think I'll keep it. BUT, my take on Kubiak is this. If you let your team get beat by a 2-3 string team on the road, you sure as hell will not be going to the playoffs. JMO.

ThaShark316
11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
To the contrary, research my posts on here during the first two weeks of the season. It was astonishment and JOY with what happened. I said things to the tune of "Man, I think this is the year." and "Kubiak might be able to do this! Wow!"

And, I was poo-poo'ing the problems on defense too. I was ignoring it. I was thinking things were going to level out once Cushing got back. Wrong.

So your tag doesn't apply to me. You're irritated with me, IMO, because I nailed the tag on you...yet your attempt to reciprocate in the same fashion is very inaccurate. Even Second Honeymoon was dazzled and intrigued by what we accomlished the first 4 games.

People generally DO want to see their team and its coaches/players succeed. Our investment, as fans, depends upon it.

But having the guts to say "Man, I think this thing is going sour...in a hurry" is not an indication that we now turn to treason against our own team. Correction: Because it is now apparent that Kubiak can't put all of it together and sustain it over long periods of time, I could care less if we DO end up losing the rest of our games. I won't have any pure JOY for this team until probably the next coach comes along. Because this current guy is done.

No hard feelings. Just my :twocents:

I knew the defense was in trouble after the WSH game. I got the guts to say "we're in trouble", but got damn, don't sit there and act like the fans who don't go that route are 100% incorrect in their assessment.

Mr. White
11-03-2010, 10:51 AM

No one wants the team to lose just so the coach can be changed.

They would rather the coach pull his head out of his ass and do what it takes to win the games.

Blake
11-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Right with ya GB. Kubiaks approval rating has to be right down there with Obama. BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! !!!!!!

:roast::kubepalm:

Double Barrel
11-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Only one of two things (or both) will get Kubiak fired at the end of this season: a catastrophic fall (i.e. 6-10 record or worse), and/or, mass exodus of season ticket holders.

It's not that I think Mr. McNair doesn't want to win. I truly believe that he does want to win. It's only natural and it's good for business.

But how he goes about hiring/firing those in charge of his football team appears to be geared toward intangibles that don't necessarily equate to winning football games. Loyalty and good character are admirable traits, and I would never knock anyone for having them as priorities. However, sometimes these priorities can be blinding in the big scheme of things.

Like Dom Capers before him, I think Kubiak is a top-notched coordinator. They have both proven this time and time again. Unfortunately, being a great coordinator does not mean that a guy will be a great head coach.

We need someone here - after this season is over (IMO) - that has had success in the NFL as a head coach. Someone with a proven track record of knowing how to run a championship-caliber team, someone that understands that quality front office personnel results in quality talent. Someone that holds players accountable to standards that are established to create a winning atmosphere. And someone that understands football fundamentals to the point that they don't hinder their chances by over-thinking strategy.

Kubiak is an average head coach, and his 71 games with the Texans proves that simple fact. If Mr. McNair picks the right head coach next time (and it is only a matter of time that he faces that decision again), there will be a measure of instant respectability around the league. Players will want to play here, and that usually builds upon itself into a winning product.

Joe Texan
11-03-2010, 12:09 PM
GP

I did not appreciate the game play in either Cowboy or Giants game but I still think it was the players coming out sad sacked and not ready to play, After the Monday night game it sealed the deal for Kubiak, We started the first series of downs with all passes, I was like What the Hell we got a running back that can mow down the colts and they had been focusing on that the whole week, Colts gonna stick it to Foster, there was a thread on this board to that affect. Shows that Kubiak got scared and did the sissy thing and did not put his Running Back right in the mouth of the horse, why I say again why, now with the presser it shows he is second guessing and playing cover up when all he had to o was exactly what he did the first game. Hell David Carr could have won that game if we did that, You see it with the Steelers and the Ravens they will come in and run till your blue in the face but they always have low scoring games and they usually win. Kubiak has a problem and it is a huge problem when he cannot admit he has a problem.

GP
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I knew the defense was in trouble after the WSH game. I got the guts to say "we're in trouble", but got damn, don't sit there and act like the fans who don't go that route are 100% incorrect in their assessment.

You're free to be you, and I'm free to be me.

So therefore, your assessment and mine are not worth the Internet ink it's typed with.

I just happen to think that people generally refuse to deal with the possible element of rebuilding, due to firing Kubiak, so they justify and rationalize things. Easier to bury a head in the sand than to face the danger.

BTW, you're guilty of doing the same thing with your posts. Let's throw rocks at each other all day and claim that only the OTHER person is throwing rocks. LOL.

I've gone back and forth on Kubiak so much, I think I am being driven stark raving mad by it. I've given chances. I've had faith, even as recently as the first two games. But the Cowboys and Giants game finally reduced the Texans down to what they really are: A team who needs all the conditions to be just right, or for the other team to fold under its own pressure that it causes itself (see: Redskins and Chiefs for an example).

This team's coach doesn't impose his team's will upon our opponents. He has no real opponent across from him on game day. He truly thinks that he and his team can do what they do and it makes no difference what the other team is doing against us. In his eyes, it's like golf: You play against yourself and the other person golfing with you doesn't impact how YOU perform.

I can see this mindset of his from a mile away, and it was confirmed even more by his actions on Monday night where he failed to do what works. In his eyes, he felt he could also throw the ball and embarass the Colts even more since we RAN the ball during the week 1 game. If that's what he spent two weeks "preparing," then Lawd Almighty we in a big heap'uh trubble the rest of the season!

Meanwhile, we got Kubiak Lifers, such as TK, saying he can't possibly be led to believe that Kubiak designed things that way on MNF vs. the Colts. He's saying, and correct me if I am wrong TK, that maybe Schaub wasn't audibling out to the right option all game long. I know he said (a) "The loss was more on Schaub than anyone else," over in the thread that had the poll in it, and (b) "That he doesn't think Kubiak is so dumb as to have designed the gameplan in such a way that the playcalling veered away from Foster running the ball and that it morphed into something else due to some other external factor not related to Gurry Kubiak." I am paraphrasing, obviously.

The point is that at some point, you are going to have to go through the denial stage of this grieving process. Until then, stay there as long as you deem necessary. I don't mean that as a slam. I mean it sincerely. Everyone has their own timeframe for moving on. It's unique to the individual.

GP
11-03-2010, 12:26 PM
GP

I did not appreciate the game play in either Cowboy or Giants game but I still think it was the players coming out sad sacked and not ready to play, After the Monday night game it sealed the deal for Kubiak, We started the first series of downs with all passes, I was like What the Hell we got a running back that can mow down the colts and they had been focusing on that the whole week, Colts gonna stick it to Foster, there was a thread on this board to that affect. Shows that Kubiak got scared and did the sissy thing and did not put his Running Back right in the mouth of the horse, why I say again why, now with the presser it shows he is second guessing and playing cover up when all he had to o was exactly what he did the first game. Hell David Carr could have won that game if we did that, You see it with the Steelers and the Ravens they will come in and run till your blue in the face but they always have low scoring games and they usually win. Kubiak has a problem and it is a huge problem when he cannot admit he has a problem.

Pretty good summary, IMO.

What I want to tell you is that this isn't the first time he has gotten cute like this. It just happens to be, IMO, the biggest and most obvious example of it.

Other games in the past, he has done small things like this that don't register on most people's radars at the time it happens. This past game was the big, grand unveiling of who he is as a coach: A guy who thinks he has built such a fanstastic offense that it doesn't matter what a defense throws our way on the field on game day...because when we're on, we're ON. And I wonder if the Texans players are finally feeling effects of that mentality themselves, going into Sad Sack Mode (as you describe it) because they know, too, that they don't do well unless all the planets are aligned correctly.

I have a feeling that this team quits on Kubiak this year. The next two games will reveal whether they want him to stay or they are tired of the glaring weaknesses of his doctrinal beliefe system pertaining to football philosophy.

Hervoyel
11-03-2010, 12:26 PM

So very true. One game does not make or break a season. 5 years of seasons with games like this does make for a bit of despair among the faithful. I've ceased beleiving that Gary is going to grow out of this. He's just not up to the task of making in-game decisions without screwing the pooch a few times a year and costing his team a chance to win those games.

disaacks3
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
That's not the point though. If the Texans had played a hard fought game, but came up a touchdown or field goal short, I'd give Kubiak a pass...even with all the injuries the Colts had. But Kubiak came out without the proper gameplan. Why did he not run it with Foster more at the beginning? Foster had 8 carries for 64 yards in the first half, when he should have had at least 14 and ended the game with around 25 carries (Ward with five or six more). You run it until the Colts stop it and not try and get cute, which is what Kubiak did. Not to mention that depite the literally painful (to Schaub anyway) manhandling of Brown by Freeney, the Texans did nothing to counter it. If you're not going to protect your QB, then you better be running. the Texans did NEITHER.

Just saying that one game doesnt make or break a season , I want to see the entire body of work before I go calling for his head on a platter. They may get their shit together and get on a roll .... The next four games are games they could win and be right back in the mix. Winning at least 3 out of 4 of their remaining divisional games .... bla bla bla who the hell am I kidding. The Body of work for THIS season is a team that doesn't get their **** together until the third / fourth quarters for 5 of 7 games. While I was angry at Kubiak for his approach @ Indy, it doesn't mean I was shocked by it.

b0ng
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Kubiak isn't leaving mid-season as much as a lot of people would want. I think the end result is going to be looked at and McNair will make a decision in the offseason (and that decision will probably be "keep 'em") about new coaches.

Monday night is going to be a game that will be referenced a whole lot this offseason, and I think a lot of the perjoratives being applied to the coaching in this particular game apply. It was really bad, as has been a lot of the games at home this season. If the Texans lay up a bunch of turds at home this season it could be enough to swing the sentiment on Kubiak, but I just don't see Bob saying something like "One more year" then change. Either way, Frank Bush needs to have some sort of defensive renaissance or he's pretty much a shoe in to go away. You can't keep a guy who is performing well below average of the league.

Texas T
11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a feeling that this team quits on Kubiak this year. The next two games will reveal whether they want him to stay or they are tired of the glaring weaknesses of his doctrinal beliefe system pertaining to football philosophy.

This is my thinking also. I'm waiting to see how they come out on Sunday.
If they come out flat (again) I really think that the team (regardless of the words that will come out on Monday) has given up on Kubs.

I'm not quite ready for soap...yet, but I'm getting tired of being pissed off about his bad decisions. I think that we have great peices in place, if they can be used correctly and I'm really begining to think that Kubs cannot figure it out. Some days I think my 10 y/o son, with no idea about football strategy could make the correct choices during some of these games.

Joe Texan
11-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I am not so sure it is the players when it appears to be the Coach and his inability to get the Team "fired up" for a game. it was mentioned on this board that the pregame warm up was lackluster for a past game and that pregame ritual was minus a real leader. Maybe it was minus a Coach who could fire them up. Our offence is so vanilla that the Giants mixed it in with some icecream for a Sunday with a cherry on top. When you got Eli saying he knew what we were doing and the defense saying they knew what our offense was doing then I would believe his brother who I know is a film studier could pick us apart. Bottom line is Kubes had better pull together a winning streak or we will be sitting at home in January and Kubes will be jobless.