PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Game is a Bane for the Bolts

BoltWalt
11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
This Sunday the game starts at 10am for the Bolts. When you throw in the time change on Sunday it will be as though the Chargers will be playing at 9am. Advantage to the Texans I fear. I have been rooting for the Chargers for the better part of 40 years, and have learned to dread these early time zone games because the Bolts seam to come out sleepwalking to begin the game. The Chargers have already confirmed my fear of these early games to me once this year, so now it is time for the Chargers to secure the split in their two such games for this year.

I hope that the Bolts can avoid the early morning funk that put them behind against the Rams only to see the Rams run out the clock at the end of the game, leaving the Chargers hoping for a defensive stop in the final minutes of the game as Steven Jackson ran effectively picking up the first downs and grinding out the clock. So I really hope that with the short week Kubiak comes out with about the same game plan of pass first that we saw last night. Please tell Gary that the Chargers can be thrown upon.

Hopefully the Bolts can play another game of limited turnovers and try not to shoot themselves in the foot this week. I am just hoping that they wake up before they find themselves in a hole that they can not climb out of. This was one of the games I picked as a tough game when the schedule first came out. I wish the Texans success after the Chargers get out of town with a win.

I am hoping the Chargers can get out of Houston with a win to keep their season alive. Halloween is over but this Bolts team is like The Walking Dead dangerous but clumsy, addled by stupid mistakes. I see this game as being close, with the Chargers having to come from behind in the 2nd half. Ten AM is too early to be playing a Professional Football game.

Chargers -- 31
Texans -- 28

:worldpeace:

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Did you watch the MNF game last night? If so, no time change problem for the Chargers will be enough for the Chargers to lose to the Texans.

beerlover
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
its Ok Texans sleepwalk first half anyways

ChampionTexan
11-02-2010, 02:25 PM
This Sunday the game starts at 10am for the Bolts. When you throw in the time change on Sunday it will be as though the Chargers will be playing at 9am. :worldpeace:

The clocks are moving back an hour on Saturday night (Sunday Morning). Won't that make it really seem like 11am?

Dutchrudder
11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Antonio Gates is going to set the TE receiving yards record against us this week... :(

gary
11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't think the time will matter too much.

Hardcore Texan
11-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Chargers have this in the bag.

ThaShark316
11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
A damned if we do damned if we don't next 2 weeks for this fan base. Cut and dry.

gary
11-02-2010, 02:36 PM
I had thought Jackson was supposed to return for the Chargers. Is that right?

ThaShark316
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I had thought Jackson was supposed to return for the Chargers. Is that right?

Week 12 bruh.

VTexan
11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Rivers is having a career year and Gates is having an all-world year.

Texans worst pass defense and give up mad yards to TE's.

I LIKE THIS MATCHUP

Norg
11-02-2010, 02:50 PM
the game is at Noon at least that what is says on the ticket

We have never beaten the CHargers

i dont know what we got to do but we got to turn things around very FAST !!!!!!!

THo i hope Pollard is better aganist Bigger TE which i think he is yeah the Raiders TE had a big game but not has big has tamme IMO

TBO i wouldnt mind barber get another shot what do we have to lose

Grams
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Don't worry, the Chargers will not have any problems beating the Texans.

Runner
11-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Did you watch the MNF game last night? If so, no time change problem for the Chargers will be enough for the Chargers to lose to the Texans.

That's not how this song and dance goes. We just might beat the Chargers with ease, reigniting hope that Kubes is "getting it".

This is the ride that the team signed up for when the re-signed Kubiak. I'm not disappointed in the team's play; they are meeting the expectations I had when McNair renewed his subscription.

And now I'm done mixing metaphors.

HTown2ATX
11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Early Morning Game is a Bane for the Bolts

Yes, but playing the Texans are the antidote for that. The Texans will play slump buster for a few teams in the NFL if they lose to the Chargers as I think most players will have given up on Kubes at that point.

Phillip Rivers is going to need the pitchers ice treatment after throwing for 1,000 yards Sunday..... :choke:

Norg
11-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Rivers is looking Pro bowl this year like always and he 2 his missing some of his weapons

Yall got to admit tho this isnt the same Put fear in your heart CHargers that we are used 2

MeLoveTexans
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
the game is at Noon at least that what is says on the ticket

We have never beaten the CHargers

i dont know what we got to do but we got to turn things around very FAST !!!!!!!

THo i hope Pollard is better aganist Bigger TE which i think he is yeah the Raiders TE had a big game but not has big has tamme IMO

TBO i wouldnt mind barber get another shot what do we have to lose

Yes, but what the original poster is saying is Noon here in central time zone feels like 10 a.m. to the chargers.

Add in the fact that clocks will be turning back an extra hour, it will feel like 9am.

Although, I tend to agree that the Texans will come out as if they just rolled out of bed after an all night bender.

Norg
11-02-2010, 03:16 PM
i just hope they dont come out all nervous and have the jitters Just go out there and have fun ..... and fly around thats when they are at there best

GP
11-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Chargers fan, you are severely underestimating the Texans ability to sign, seal, and hand-deliver a victory to its opponents.

Your guys cuold wake up late, barely get to Reliant, and play in their pajamas and STILL kick our butts.

You should be THRILLED that you are catching this Texans team right now. Antonio Gates will be used so frequently that he might as well be allowed to have a designated runner once he catches the football against us.

I have fully switched into the mode of OPENLY DESIRING to see your team, and all the rest of the teams left on our schedule, kick our teeth in and beat us to a pulp. Of course, I am assuming this would sway mcNair's position on retaining Kubiak...but let's be honest, McNair would just say that we had too many suspensions and injuries to key players to warrant firing Kubiak.

This team is a money-maker, and it's going to milk it for all it's worth until things get SOOOOO bad that they must do something in order to stop the bleeding. They don't care about making FOOTBALL decisions. It's profitability and the limiting of risks (such as refusing to fire a coach who can't beat his divisional foes) that is regarded highly by the decision-makers here.

It's a funny thing, ya' know. if you make great FOOTBALL decisions, and you win a title or two, you get a TON of fans who climb on-board and stick with you. Look at how many Cowboys fans still cling to the Cowboys because they won a few Super Bowls back in the 1990s. I truly don't even understand what brings Texans fans back each year. How can we pour THIS much money and support and attendance (fandom) into McNair's team and yet it's not even warranted or deserved? LOL.

That's why I say "Screw Texans football right now." Screw the coaches, for sure. And the players as well. They, too, are little whores for their paychecks. You guys go ahead and whine about "labor issues," but the only REAL labor going on right now is how we are laboring to find ways to even care anymore. You're not making it easy on us, Texans coaches and players. We want to like you. we want to cheer for you. But you can only use up so much goodwill. At some point, people jump ship on you. They still remain a Texans fan, it's just that they care about you as much anymore.

Does that register with them? Do they truly live in a bubble there, and cannot understand the thousands and thousands of people who express their loyalty and devotion to what they do day-in-and-day-out, week after week, folowing their moves because they support them and want them to succeed? It feels like they just live in a vacuum. As if nobody is even really paying them any attention at all. It's just them out there. And at the end of the game, go shake hands and have a laugh with the opponent. Catch up on old times. Talk about where they're going to vacation when the playoffs begin, I suppose.

How about some NFL coach start telling his guys to NOT go shake hands after getting embarassed? Huh? How about a coach saying "You know what? THOSE guys across from us are the e-n-e-m-y. Do NOT shake their hands. Do NOT congratulate them after the game. Do NOT help them up after they get knocked down. Destroy them. Be friends with them on the day you're inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Isn't that what this is about? Or are you just a little slut who whores yourself for your paycheck? The guys who founded this sport played for peanuts. And they wanted to win. So you guys better act like you want to be great, or I WILL start paying some guy off the street YOUR salary and see what I get from him for it. And when he gets the big head, I'll cut HIM and start all over again."

But no, that can't happen. The players and the coaches in the NFL are not really playing football because they want to win. I take that back. Peyton manning sure as Hell is. I don't loathe him anymore. I applaud him. He's not a jerk. He wants to win. Period. He wants to destroy anybody in his way. Good for him. I can stamp my approval on that, I really can. Because last night was THE night where the whole Texans franchise could have driven a stake into Manning's heart. Instead, they just stood around and watched him and admired him as he carved us up with scrubs surrounding him. SCRUBS.

Winners show up. They have an inner drive that's not dictated by outside influences (such as salary or having a 103 fever, etc.).

By the way, Mario, your promo before MNF was awful. You read. The whole thing. Like. A. Robot. No more special promos for Texans players, please. Being the best defensive player on a sorry excuse for a team does not make you eligible for that treatment.

There are so many things that a head coach must do right now, if in Kubiak's position, but it ain't happening. It's business as usual, as evidenced by TWO straight years of getting put on full blast after a bye week. You had two weeks, and you acted like you had never played the Colts before.

Rockets were called Choke City.

I call the Texans "Fluke City." Because your win vs. the Colts was just a fluke. They took a game off against us, and they even said they should have tried harder. But you can't blame them, because they have ALWAYS had it on easy street when playing the Texans. Can you blame ANY team for taking us lightly and getting beat by us? I can't blame them. It's human nature. Because you know, as our foe, that you can beat us. All day long.

Way to go, Texans. Keep it mediocre as always. You are the best in the business at it.

GP
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I should call into Rome Is Burning with that rant. Every bit of it was typed without even having to stop and think about what to say or what to say next.

It was one continuous flow of thoughts, from start to finish.

Gary Kubiak is the clown you hired for your kid's birthday and he shows up wasted drunk and pukes in front of all the kids. Then he pulls a pair of ladies underwear out of his coat pocket and wipes his mouth off with it, giggling and asking the kids to forgive him.

Just go away already, Gary. Your work here is done. Here's a few bucks to get you on down the road. Or another bottle of cheap whiskey. Your call.

Just. Go. Away. Now.

Norg
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
GP u really needs to chill out we split with the COlts its not the end of the world

and are other 2 losses are in the NFC

ur giving up already at least give up when we are mato mattically out of it

HOU-TEX
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM

I LIKE THIS MATCHUP

:spit: Yes, it does look promising

fiasco west
11-02-2010, 03:29 PM
This Sunday the game starts at 10am for the Bolts. When you throw in the time change on Sunday it will be as though the Chargers will be playing at 9am. Advantage to the Texans I fear. I have been rooting for the Chargers for the better part of 40 years, and have learned to dread these early time zone games because the Bolts seam to come out sleepwalking to begin the game. The Chargers have already confirmed my fear of these early games to me once this year, so now it is time for the Chargers to secure the split in their two such games for this year.

I hope that the Bolts can avoid the early morning funk that put them behind against the Rams only to see the Rams run out the clock at the end of the game, leaving the Chargers hoping for a defensive stop in the final minutes of the game as Steven Jackson ran effectively picking up the first downs and grinding out the clock. So I really hope that with the short week Kubiak comes out with about the same game plan of pass first that we saw last night. Please tell Gary that the Chargers can be thrown upon.

Hopefully the Bolts can play another game of limited turnovers and try not to shoot themselves in the foot this week. I am just hoping that they wake up before they find themselves in a hole that they can not climb out of. This was one of the games I picked as a tough game when the schedule first came out. I wish the Texans success after the Chargers get out of town with a win.

I am hoping the Chargers can get out of Houston with a win to keep their season alive. Halloween is over but this Bolts team is like The Walking Dead dangerous but clumsy, addled by stupid mistakes. I see this game as being close, with the Chargers having to come from behind in the 2nd half. Ten AM is too early to be playing a Professional Football game.

Chargers -- 31
Texans -- 28

Nah uh pal. That's what WE do. Chargers should get a good lead the first half as the Texans come out unprepared and the players look unmotivated again.

GP
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
GP u really needs to chill out we split with the COlts its not the end of the world

and are other 2 losses are in the NFC

ur giving up already at least give up when we are mato mattically out of it

You're going to find that you are in a huge minority, Norg.

Up until last night, I would say otherwise. But can you not see ALL the people on here (today) who have always maintained that they could never say Fire Kubiak!...and there they are: They are giving it up. They see it. And they know, in their hearts, that the party is over.

If you can't beat the Colts with all the injuries they had (especially considering WHO was hurt) then that's a significant statement. Our coaches are in a coma. I don't even think they have a real "problem." I think they truly believe that things are OK and just gotta' work out the aches and pains.

This thing is dead. You're one of few people left who refuse to admit it.

Texans are as good as done. We're entering the really really scary part of the season, in terms of who we play from here on out. We can have maybe 2 or 3 losses over the next nine games. That's it. I don't see how we avoid it.

LOL.

Wow.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 03:58 PM

Up until last night, I would say otherwise. But can you not see ALL the people on here (today) who have always maintained that they could never say Fire Kubiak!...and there they are: They are giving it up. They see it. And they know, in their hearts, that the party is over.
If you can't beat the Colts with all the injuries they had (especially considering WHO was hurt) then that's a significant statement. Our coaches are in a coma. I don't even think they have a real "problem." I think they truly believe that things are OK and just gotta' work out the aches and pains.

Texans are as good as done. We're entering the really really scary part of the season, in terms of who we play from here on out. We can have maybe 2 or 3 losses over the next nine games. That's it. I don't see how we avoid it.

LOL.

Wow.

Looks like TK's gonna take a break, as he decides if it's time to tear
open another pack of Kool-Aid. Hadn't seen him here since before the
game.

GP
11-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Looks like TK's gonna take a break, as he decides if it's time to tear
open another pack of Kool-Aid. Hadn't seen him here since before the
game.

He made one post in another thread, where he said the defense is not that bad...it's just that they are on the field too much because of our inept offense.

He also said he thinks this loss is more on Schaub than on anyone else.

Once you're hooked on the Red Drank, it's hard to kick the habit.

JoeTexan is over there in another thread finally admitting that maybe he needs to reconsider what the Fire Kubiak! crowd has been saying all this time. You know the kitchen is hot when JoeTexan is climbing down from his stance.

Norg
11-02-2010, 06:01 PM

LOL.

Wow.

I dont think the Team is scared of the Teams coming up yeah they know there good but in there minds they think they can beat anybody in the leauge

thats why i say its just the halfway mark of the season im not in panic mode yet like some of u

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I dont think the Team is scared of the Teams coming up yeah they know there good but in there minds they think they can beat anybody in the leauge

thats why i say its just the halfway mark of the season im not in panic mode yet like some of u

Every one of the upcoming teams scare KUBIAK. His passive-ass gameplans
are what is gonna sink the Texans. Superbowl contender? Don't run at
them. They'll get MAD! Pass, Pass, PASSIVE-ASS playcalling will
sink this team.

TimeKiller
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Chargers -- 31
Texans -- 28

Oh god don't tell him that, did you see how much we tried to pass against Freeney when it was obvious that they couldn't stop Foster?!?! GK (That stands for Genius Kubiak) will come out and run Foster 35 times....

Big Lou
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Don't worry BoltWalt, the game could be at 3AM and it wouldn't change the outcome.....

vupac1
11-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Please tell Gary that the Chargers can be thrown upon.

Ummm, seriously.. have you met Gary?? Don't you worry, he'll come out throwing the ball around like Mike Martz

Dallas_Texan
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
A damned if we do damned if we don't next 2 weeks for this fan base. Cut and dry.

As it should be after a ridiculous showing like this week.

jshabang
11-03-2010, 01:13 AM

LOL.

Wow.

reality will slap the sh@# outta this board come next few sundays....bolts will crucify us sunday...followed by the jets....than no one will have anything else to say...it will be what it is

Giant Tiger
11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
The Texans played Monday night, that'll negate the morning game for the Chargers. That said, the Chargers have already lost 5 games, which is cause for concern. We played the Colts at the right time (with all their injuries) & still lost. A loss here will make it tough to salvage the season.

BigBull17
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Their is zero chance I'm picking the Texans another game this year. The Bolts are just the next team to save their season by rolling over our dessicated corpse.

Stemp
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Spring forward, fall behind.

So when it used to be noon, its actually 11am. Time change won't do much.

Marcus
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM

LOL.

Wow.

LOL Wow is right. I'm just wondering when you're going to admit that you've been overreacting. Not just overreacting mind you, bur actually trying to one-up all the other overreactions.

I mean come on, GP. Were you really serious in the other thread when you said you want the Texans to lose the rest of the games because, in your mind, that will get Kubiak out of here faster? Or was that just a matter of seeing everyone else overreacting, and you're thinking to yourself, "Oh man!" I gotta do better than that! I have to get myself back on top of this?"

But either one, I'm wondering if you need to take a step back and re-evaluate what's really important in your life.

GuerillaBlack
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
A Texans loss brings out the best in people.

drs23
11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
A Texans loss brings out the best in people.

Didn't work out too well for Alicia, huh? :D

Maddict5
11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I should call into Rome Is Burning with that rant. Every bit of it was typed without even having to stop and think about what to say or what to say next.

It was one continuous flow of thoughts, from start to finish.

Gary Kubiak is the clown you hired for your kid's birthday and he shows up wasted drunk and pukes in front of all the kids. Then he pulls a pair of ladies underwear out of his coat pocket and wipes his mouth off with it, giggling and asking the kids to forgive him.

Just go away already, Gary. Your work here is done. Here's a few bucks to get you on down the road. Or another bottle of cheap whiskey. Your call.

Just. Go. Away. Now.

so hows that new positive attitude working out for you this year?! ;)

Texanfan4ever
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
WOW!!! I think the world is ending.......:worldpeace:

PockyAF
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
We'll probably get our asses kick this Sunday, but at least I'll get to watch them get their ass kicked on my HDTV.

They'll actually showing the game down here in Neb.

Third straight game without having to use my slingbox. Hopefully, this team ends up shoving crows down my throat by 3:15pm on Sunday. FWIW, the Texans are 1-0 when I'm watching them on my HDTV.

Grams
11-03-2010, 06:36 PM

No one is in a panic mode. It is called reality.

A team that has 2 weeks to prepare for a beat up team that has one hand tied behind it's back (with all their injurys) should never be that embarrased on national tv.

Thorn
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
As negative as I've been on the Texans lately, I think they take this one. Don't know why I think that, I just think they will. Just a feeling is all.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Ya know, I wake up with Bane in my back, my knees and my stomach everyday!! :choke:

ensign_lee
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but the time change won't make it WORSE for San Diego. It'll make it BETTER.

Chargers would ordinarily think that it was 10AM pacific time. With the time change, they'll think is 11AM, not 9AM.

BoltWalt
11-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Dang and I thought us Chargers fans had it bad with the Bolts losing 5 games by 28 points... Imagine being 4-3 and devoid of all hope for the remainder of the season. I am trying to but it is hard you guys got it bad when you have a winning record and no hope for the rest of the season.:backsout:

TheIronDuke
11-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Dang and I thought us Chargers fans had it bad with the Bolts losing 5 games by 28 points... Imagine being 4-3 and devoid of all hope for the remainder of the season. I am trying to but it is hard you guys got it bad when you have a winning record and no hope for the rest of the season.:backsout:

You play in a garbage division and can rely on beating them because they suck so it's kind of different.

ThaShark316
11-04-2010, 03:02 AM
You play in a garbage division and can rely on beating them because they suck so it's kind of different.

Ain't nothing garbage about the AFC West except the sorry ass broncos.

We really did beat two teams that aren't bad. Raiders got one hell of a motivator in Cable.

The Chiefs are well-coached in all phases of the game.

ubecool454
11-04-2010, 05:32 AM

Chargers -- 31
Texans -- 28

The time change thing is hogwash because the last time they came here they had the same time change and they still spanked us. I would tend to agree with you if they were 4 hours or more difference.

ubecool454
11-04-2010, 05:38 AM

I LIKE THIS MATCHUP

Rivers is having a career year but....Rivers tends to get cocky and careless and he is will throw a INT somewhere in the game.

Runner
11-04-2010, 07:30 AM

We've lived with "hope" for several seasons. The fact is the Texans are a perennially average team. Their current "winning record" is one game above .500. Hope says they finish the season 12-4. History says it'll be closer to 8-8, since they haven't changed anything and their plans for improvement were based on "hoping" Kubiak magically "gets it" after five years. Hoping isn't a good plan for improvement.

BigBull17
11-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Rivers is having a career year but....Rivers tends to get cocky and careless and he is will throw a INT somewhere in the game.

No, he will throw an ill advised pass that our DBs drop or our LBs are SO out of position they don't stand a chance.

BigBull17
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Re,e,ber the year we played them and he under threw Gates soooooo much that Gates had to stop and run back like 5 yards to make the grab? And he still ran into the endzone cause our guys were SOOOOOOOOOOO far away from him?

ThaShark316
11-04-2010, 11:53 AM
The time change thing is hogwash because the last time they came here they had the same time change and they still spanked us. I would tend to agree with you if they were 4 hours or more difference.

In 2004?!?!?! lmao and we had that game, ****ing Dominick Davis fumbled twice when we had sure TD drives.

Damn those 27-20 "spankings".

ThaShark316
11-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Re,e,ber the year we played them and he under threw Gates soooooo much that Gates had to stop and run back like 5 yards to make the grab? And he still ran into the endzone cause our guys were SOOOOOOOOOOO far away from him?

The Schaub/Drayton Florence game?

BigBull17
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
The Schaub/Drayton Florence game?

Yep. The Turk game.

DexmanC
11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
The Chargers will be bringing their best, because they can't afford
to lose another game. When good teams bring their best, the Texans
have no answer.