PDA

View Full Version : It is what it is.

drewmar74
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
That's how I'd probably describe where I am with these guys now. I look at last night's game and say: "it is what it is."

This team shows flashes of brilliance amidst a bunch of mediocrity.
They will often play down to opposition, but they never play up to it.
They don't show a killer mentality.
The coaching is suspect as is the owner's loyalty to that coaching staff.
There is enough talent on the roster to be competitive with almost anyone in the NFL yet they aren't.
This team will set you up with a big gutsy win only to let you down with a flat performance the next week.
This team has problems and I suspect that those problems will exist until we get a new head coach.

So that's it. It is what it is. In my opinion, that's how it has been and I see no reason to think it will change anytime soon.

With that in mind, I'm going to try really hard not to get too up or too down whether we win or lose. I'm not counting on these guys to save my life or put food on the table in front of my children (thank God for that!). I'll continue to pull hard for them but I think that they finally broke that piece of my inner fan that expects anything...... I suppose there are a lot more important things out there for me to focus my attention on.

I sure am glad I'm not a season ticket holder or I'd probably be a lot more aggravated.

This probably didn't need its own thread but I didn't see where it fit anywhere else. Mods, as always, feel free to place wherever you would like (I'll not get too worked up about that, either!)

Take a deep breath and say it with me....

"It is what it is."

Pantherstang84
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
It is what it is. I will find other things to do on Sunday afternoon's. I have lost faith in the entire organization to make things the way they should be.

Yankee_In_TX
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I agree 100% with each bullet point.

I'm getting dangerously to protesting the team again (not dressing up on game day, hey, not painting my face gives me an extra 30 minutes to tailgate!).

I'll still be a fan and still go to games - but that's only because I am loyal to the logo, whatever crap may come along with that.....

silvrhand
11-02-2010, 01:10 PM
With that in mind, I'm going to try really hard not to get too up or too down whether we win or lose. I'm not counting on these guys to save my life or put food on the table in front of my children (thank God for that!). I'll continue to pull hard for them but I think that they finally broke that piece of my inner fan that expects anything...... I suppose there are a lot more important things out there for me to focus my attention on.

I sure am glad I'm not a season ticket holder or I'd probably be a lot more aggravated.

"It is what it is."

/em looks at season tickets and PSL he bought this year...

:choke:

Thorn
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I'll always be a fan, but it doesn't mean I'll always like what I see. I remember days of my Oiler fandom where I loved the team, but just shook my head at their complete incompetence at times. The more things change, the more they stay the same it would appear.

ThaShark316
11-02-2010, 01:15 PM
So much for my sig huh?

Nahhhhhhh we'll still win the next two...:nolisten: @ anything else.

silvrhand
11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I'll always be a fan, but it doesn't mean I'll always like what I see. I remember days of my Oiler fandom where I loved the team, but just shook my head at their complete incompetence at times. The more things change, the more they stay the same it would appear.

I would almost venture to say the Oilers were more consistent in their game than the current Texans are...

Norg
11-02-2010, 02:23 PM
It is what it is ....LOL

Man once we beat the chargers things will be different around here yet agian for the 3rd time this team is real Jeckle and hyde right now

@Wash-W
vs DAL-L
@OAK-W
vs NYG-L
vs Cheifs-W
@INDY-L
vs SAN-W

dont worry guyz i still think Jets and Ravens will be big games like we knew they would and we still got the Divison to play Jags and titans remember them

False Start
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Right on Drew. I agree with what you said. Being a fan of any Houston team is just plain aggravating at times. I get pissed off, but no matter what I will always support my teams.

Like Thorn said, being an old Oilers fan has kind of made me numb to what the Texans are doing right now.

Go Texans! http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9181/doggaheek40.png

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
That's how I'd probably describe where I am with these guys now. I look at last night's game and say: "it is what it is."

This team shows flashes of brilliance amidst a bunch of mediocrity.
They will often play down to opposition, but they never play up to it.
They don't show a killer mentality.
The coaching is suspect as is the owner's loyalty to that coaching staff.
There is enough talent on the roster to be competitive with almost anyone in the NFL yet they aren't.
This team will set you up with a big gutsy win only to let you down with a flat performance the next week.
This team has problems and I suspect that those problems will exist until we get a new head coach.

So that's it. It is what it is. In my opinion, that's how it has been and I see no reason to think it will change anytime soon.

This probably didn't need its own thread but I didn't see where it fit anywhere else. Mods, as always, feel free to place wherever you would like (I'll not get too worked up about that, either!)

Take a deep breath and say it with me....

"It is what it is."

This is where I've been since the start of the year. It's why I have
my sig the way it is. The Texans got off to a 4-2 start, but it was
all smoke-n-mirrors, and I didn't buy into it. The Texans could potentially
get their asses whooped over EACH of the next 7 or 8 games. Every
one of the next 8 teams have better coaching staffs, but more
importantly, they all have a bully mentality when it comes to finesse
bitches like the Kubiak-led Texans.

I'm watching every game this season, but my heart isn't in ANY of them.
Simply observing this train become derailed is interesting enough for me.

GP
11-02-2010, 02:30 PM
I would almost venture to say the Oilers were more consistent in their game than the current Texans are...

Oh, for sure they were.

I remember us going on win streaks and then having a drop-off game a few times.

We didn't get to the AFC Championship game because we sucked as bad as the Texans do right now.

I'd take that Oilers team, especially with Buddy Ryan as d-coord, any day of the week over what we have right now. Those guys played hard. I don't care what some of the older guys around here say about the Oilers offense, those Oilers players still produced more consistently than the Texans.

drewmar74
11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
This is where I've been since the start of the year. It's why I have
my sig the way it is. The Texans got off to a 4-2 start, but it was
all smoke-n-mirrors, and I didn't buy into it. The Texans could potentially
get their asses whooped over EACH of the next 7 or 8 games. Every
one of the next 8 teams have better coaching staffs, but more
importantly, they all have a bully mentality when it comes to finesse
bitches like the Kubiak-led Texans.

I'm watching every game this season, but my heart isn't in ANY of them.
Simply observing this train become derailed is interesting enough for me.

Roger that.

It just took me until last night to finally get there. Or here. Or wherever....

It is what it is.

beerlover
11-02-2010, 02:53 PM
The Texans play reflects the personality of their Head Coach, it is what it is.

The Colts play reflects the personality of their QB, Peyton Manning, it is what it is.

who would you choose, it is what it is :worldpeace: