PDA

View Full Version : Wow, we suck!

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't understand Kubiak at all. Come out throwing the ball, and sticking with it after the passing game being out of sync. Colt's D can't stop the run, giving up 8 YPC, yet we still pass. After several punts we get behind on the score bigtime and then we run?

And after that we got back to the pass where the colt's D just gets to tee off against Schaub? With Freeney on the other side rushing the passer? Extremely disappointed with the coaching job. Just got outplayed all the way around, got our butts kicked again. What else is new?

:brickwall:

We should have came out running, or at least by the second possesion and stuck with it! And now AJ is hobbled on top of all this shit.

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't understand Kubiak at all. Come out throwing the ball, and sticking with it after the passing game being out of sync. Colt's D can't stop the run, giving up 8 YPC, yet we still pass. After several punts we get behind on the score bigtime and then we run?

And after that we got back to the pass where the colt's D just gets to tee off against Schaub? With Freeney on the other side rushing the passer? Extremely disappointed with the coaching job. Just got outplayed all the way around, got our butts kicked again. What else is new?

We should have came out running, or at least by the second possesion and stuck with it! And now AJ is hobbled on top of all this shit.

Yeah, he used to be dumber, now he's dumbest. I'm not sure if he was ever just dumb.

Norg
11-02-2010, 12:01 AM
U cant stick with the run when your down by like 2 and a half scores

u just cant u might have succues but u will Run Run RUN and RUn out of time for a LOSS

Big Lou
My main concern is the fact we can't even get in the same area code as an oppossing QB even when we blitz and the play takes 5 seconds.

I see why Frank Bush never blitzes. Sh*t Dominoes (Pizza) could get to Peyton before the D-Line can........

Oh my second concern is that Schaub is not looking like th Matt of 2009.

drewmar74

I know. Completely basackwards.

I really, honestly, expected different. However, I'm not too shocked and I guess it is what it is.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM

u just cant u might have succues but u will Run Run RUN and RUn out of time for a LOSS

Um, we were down by just seven. Kubiak still decides to go away from the run. Passes and Schaub throws a pick six. Okay, NOW let's run....Foster goes for 30-something yards on one carry. Kubes needs to go...pronto.

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM

We started the game down 2 1/2 scores? In that case we did ok. :thinking:

drewmar74
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh my second concern is that Schaub is not looking like th Matt of 2009.

You got that right. WTF changed other than Shanny leaving?

beerlover
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM

we've actually got a decent RB we use as a decoy :)

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Embarassing. Pathetic. Disgusting. Sad.

This team is shit. We are worse than last year. We're lucky we're 4-3 and not 2-5.

fiasco west

Texans receive the ball first....

Pass...Pass...Pass

Alright cool, we tried to catch them off guard I guess. I can live with that.

Texans stop the Colts, two dropped passes. Yes! Texans run the ball successfully 3x I believe for 18 yards! There we go, they can't stop that...Pass...Pass...Pass...

Colts score. It all goes downhill from there.

Norg
Um, we were down by just seven. Kubiak still decides to go away from the run. Passes and Schaub throws a pick six. Okay, NOW let's run....Foster goes for 30-something yards on one carry. Kubes needs to go...pronto.

im talking about the end of the third and the 4th Qtr

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM

The point of this thread was about Kubiak deciding not to run at the beginning of the game. Not halfway through it. This loss sucks. Kubiak be gone.

dream_team
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM
I think Schaub played ok... he's just getting no kind of protection what so ever to get into a rhythm.

The defense, I thought, played better. They didn't play like the worst defense in the league, they played like the 20th worst.

I can usually defend Kubiak... but this time, I can't. They couldn't stop the run. Run the ball until they prove they can!

TexanSam
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Duane Brown looked like a Seth Wand/Victor Riley hybrid out there. He was manhandled all game.

Norg
11-02-2010, 12:11 AM
We should have put butler in Brown was taken to School recess and lunch

Runner
11-02-2010, 12:12 AM

Nothing really. Lots of people "hoped" Kubiak would "get it" this year; that was the major plan for change.

We just got another year of Kubiak.

TexanBacker93
11-02-2010, 12:24 AM

Even then the Texans could still run the ball. There was time, but it wasn't going to make a difference because the defense couldn't get a stop.

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
When I saw the 3rd & 2 followed by the 4th & 2 something inside me just turned to mush. That on the heels of the pass-happy opening....known in Chess as the Fool's Gambit.

hradhak
11-02-2010, 12:27 AM
I think we need to actually setup the pass with the run, instead of the other way around. I'm glad we finally started throwing screens, but that should have been there all game long.

TexansFanatic
11-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I was listening to 610am this afternoon and virtually everyone---radio guys and callers----were predicting the Texans would not just win but win solid.

I thought they were crazy but they made me second guess myself. After a while I thought maybe the Texans had a chance.

Yeah, right.

Same old crap, different day.

This team is going nowhere.

Hardcore Texan
11-02-2010, 12:33 AM

I was going to comment but then.......these guys:

We started the game down 2 1/2 scores? In that case we did ok. :thinking:

Texans receive the ball first....

Pass...Pass...Pass

Alright cool, we tried to catch them off guard I guess. I can live with that.

Texans stop the Colts, two dropped passes. Yes! Texans run the ball successfully 3x I believe for 18 yards! There we go, they can't stop that...Pass...Pass...Pass...

Colts score. It all goes downhill from there.

The point of this thread was about Kubiak deciding not to run at the beginning of the game. Not halfway through it. This loss sucks. Kubiak be gone.

I heart you guys.

I am not calling for Kubes' head.......not yet anyway, still brought as a long way and hopefully more progress to follow. But damn, days like this, this gameplan, this lack of in game adjustment is killling me.

Look, to be clear, BY THE 2ND OFFENSIVE POSSESION WE SHOULD HAVE GONE RUN HEAVY!!!!!!! The cute little throwing them off by coming out passing wasn't going to work thanks to someone known as Dwight Freeney and the saloon door known as Duane Brown.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 12:35 AM

Arian was good for over 6 yards-per-carry in the first half, and he hardly
touched the ball. The Texans got the ball first, and they threw nothing
but passes that first series.

Hardcore Texan
11-02-2010, 12:37 AM

He had like 64 yards after 8 carries, so it makes sense to air it out :brickwall:

Norg
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

i really have no problem with that the 1st drive they stacked the box and we got all world WR and TE in da game why not

We tried to run the ball guyz we got behind panicked and had no choice to pass the ball nuff said

eriadoc
11-02-2010, 12:40 AM
The Colts have a great pass rush and a crappy run D. So what do we do?

*pssst* Kubes, you're doing it wrong.

texansdrummer
11-02-2010, 12:41 AM
How many of you had us 4-2 coming into this game before the season? (Not many)

How many times have we ever split the season series with the Colts? (Twice, thanks to this season and last)

Not time to have a full-on panic just yet......if you want to do that, go be a Cowboys fan.:rake:

This is not an endorsement of our performance or coaching......I just happen to be a loyal fan.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 12:43 AM
i really have no problem with that the 1st drive they stacked the box and we got all world WR and TE in da game why not

We tried to run the ball guyz we got behind panicked and had no choice to pass the ball nuff said

Kubiak tends to go away from the run when down two scores, even when you
have THREE FULL QUARTERS to make up the distance. Shameful coaching
job today. I'm not surprised at all.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 12:45 AM

What game were you watching man? We were only down seven and abandoned the run.

texansdrummer
11-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Agreed...we need to run it until people can stop it. I suppose it's a luxury we've never had...although I think we should've accepted it by now.

jshabang
11-02-2010, 12:49 AM
I will say it again.....this screams of coaching.....we are absolutely gettin killed with an aggressive line thats pinning there ears back on every dam play coming after our quarterback and we dont have a competent enough coach to make adjustments????

I'm no genius or anything but it just seems when u have an aggressive line playin straight pass rush....u might wanna run the ball or suck them in then pass right over the top of them with a screen pass to offset there aggressiveness.........just a thought kubes......jeeeezzzzz

this coach is bad man.......and this is no knee jerk......the guy cant coach his way out of a paper bag and gets outcoached weekly.....just seems like hes stubborn and has to much pride or something to make adjustments....hell i dont even know at this point

Hardcore Texan
11-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Agreed...we need to run it until people can stop it. I suppose it's a luxury we've never had...although I think we should've accepted it by now.

ding ding ding!

And what do we have for him Johnny!

Why, it's a case of turtle wax, a set of encyclopedia Brittanica and a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat!

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 12:51 AM

How many times have we ever split the season series with the Colts? (Twice, thanks to this season and last)

Not time to have a full-on panic just yet......if you want to do that, go be a Cowboys fan.:rake:

This is not an endorsement of our performance or coaching......I just happen to be a loyal fan.

We all are.

jshabang
11-02-2010, 12:51 AM

man if u are still not the least bit concerned or starting to panic a little u got the best pair of rose colored glasses money can buy

DownByContact
11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
problem i had was that 3-2 and 4-2 in the first half. why pass on both those downs when they couldn't stop the run. I'm sure foster could have gotten at least 2 yards in 2 tries. Even if they did stack the still couldn't stop the run.

hradhak
11-02-2010, 12:53 AM

I'm tired of hearing Coaches saying let's keep it balanced. Why? If you can run it and still score, then hell run it 100% of the time. We don't need to keep anyone honest. We can beat them on the ground, so just keep it on the ground.

And for god's sakes when your LT is getting killed on the pass rush, why wouldn't you run it to let him build up some confidence. Freeney is completely one dimensional and you played right into his strength.

jshabang
11-02-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm tired of hearing Coaches saying let's keep it balanced. Why? If you can run it and still score, then hell run it 100% of the time. We don't need to keep anyone honest. We can beat them on the ground, so just keep it on the ground.

And for god's sakes when your LT is getting killed on the pass rush, why wouldn't you run it to let him build up some confidence. Freeney is completely one dimensional and you played right into his strength.

bingo........the whole colts defense is based on pass rush....they hate defending the rush and have defensive ends that totally ignore playing any type of containment becuz they want stats and pin there ears back every play....and what do we do...play straight into it

like running into a dam wall.....smh

TexCanada
11-02-2010, 01:00 AM
If I'm not mistaken, we haven't given up less then 24 points in any game this year.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 01:02 AM
problem i had was that 3-2 and 4-2 in the first half. why pass on both those downs when they couldn't stop the run. I'm sure foster could have gotten at least 2 yards in 2 tries. Even if they did stack the still couldn't stop the run.

This is what really got me.

fiasco west
11-02-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm...I'm still just confused. I think this loss is going to stick with me for the rest of the year.

How many quotes do we have of Kubiak clearly saying to the press...the gameplan to beat the Colts? Every team in the AFCS knows the gameplan to beat the Colts. I remember Kubes even saying how important it is to win the toss against the Colts so you can get the lead and continue to run the ball, run the clock.

Did he just throw the first game away? I'm just confused at how we can abandon the run so quick. Especially the 2nd drive. Here is the complete second drive, AFTER stopping the Colts 3 and out (something that is so rare that Manning has only done it 6x apparently)

# Houston Texans at 13:10
# 1-10-HOU 32 (13:10) (Run formation) 23-A.Foster right end to HST 37 for 5 yards (55-C.Session).
# 2-5-HOU 37 (12:35) (Run formation) 23-A.Foster left end to HST 46 for 9 yards (43-A.Francisco, 51-P.Angerer).
# 1-10-HOU 46 (12:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to 50 for 4 yards (58-G.Brackett).

18 yards on 3 carries...look at how we end this drive...

# 2-6- (11:21) 8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle to 32-D.Ward [92-J.Hughes].
# 3-6- (11:16) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to 12-J.Jones.
# 4-6- (11:13) 1-M.Turk punts 28 yards to IND 22, Center-46-J.Weeks, fair catch by 15-B.White.

At this point Kubiak should be thinking "It's going to be really difficult to keep points off the board a 2nd time with our defense."

Why...why we even went to the pass i'm not sure. Foster was picking up chunks of yards and we have no idea what Ward would have done. I imagined if the Colts beat us it would be because they shut down our running game and stepped up. Not because we just stopped running the ball.

Also the 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 drive pissed me off the entire game. The entire game I thought about that crap. Foster at this point has to be averaging like 5 ypc coach.

Dishman
11-02-2010, 01:11 AM

This was the nail in the coffin for me. I'm ready to see wholesale coaching changes from top to bottom n

steelbtexan
11-02-2010, 01:11 AM
5 yrs

After 5yrs who truthfully can say Kubes is the man to lead this team to a SB?

People need to embrace the future/change.

TexanBacker93
11-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Two plays really got my ire.

In the first quarter when we had a 4th a 2 we had to call a timeout. When you are lining up at 3rd and 2 you need to know if you are going to go for it on 4th down before this play happens. With the play clock running you can't try and figure out what you want to do and then try and decide on a play. A waste of a timeout (after we had already used one in the first minute of the game).

The second is the sequence leading to the 2 minute warning in the 2nd half. You don't have time to send guys in and out and make multiple substitutions. You have time for one play. Get the freaking play called and stop wasting time.

One of his biggest failures over the past 4 plus years is horrible clock management skills. He hasn't improved and he either doesn't trust his QB enough to run the offense without his input or Schaub can't handle it.

Wolf6151
11-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Where were the coaching adjustments? A blind man could see that Brown couldn't handle Freeny by himself.

TexanBacker93
11-02-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm...I'm still just confused. I think this loss is going to stick with me for the rest of the year.

Did he just throw the first game away? I'm just confused at how we can abandon the run so quick. Especially the 2nd drive. Here is the complete second drive, AFTER stopping the Colts 3 and out (something that is so rare that Manning has only done it 6x apparently)

Actually, it was he has only started a game 0-3 6 times in his career.

hookinreds
11-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Schaub looked pathetic
Talk about his speed all you want, JJ will never be a WR worth a damn in the NFL
Walter killed us early
Anyone recognized a guy on the team that provided 230 yard on the ground against the Colts in week one???? If you do please give him the ****ing ball.
Andre you got to hang on to the rock baby
Hey, that Foster guy is pretty good, maybe we give him the ball
Hey, I have an idea let’s start the guy who’s been out for the last 4 weeks. I bet he will be good and ready for Freeney
By all means please throw the ball some more, we are getting entirely too many yards on the ground
Anybody seen 11 guys wandering around in the parking lot that look like they should be on a football team…perhaps on defense??? What a disgusting pathetic display of futility. Bush should be run the **** out of town with a those guys claiming to be a defense.
Soooooooooo…with the ball inside your own 30, You haven’t stopped the Colts from on defense, they’ve only stopped themselves….there’s maybe enough time for two possessions left in the game and your down two TDs and you punt? Nut it up Kubiak and either lose the game there or give your team a chance. Under most circumstances it wouldn’t even be a thought, but our defense is soooooooooooo ****ing bad I would have gone for it on ever 4th down at that point. Two God damn weeks to prepare and I bet our Practice Squad goes for 30 on this defense.
Oh yea…can someone please give the ****ing ball to Foster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 01:15 AM
All I know is tomorrow if the trolls come I'm going to act like a Democrat. Attack - attack - attack so I don't have to talk about the record. :D

hookinreds
11-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Oh yea...time after time, Manning calls an audible and our defense makes absolutley no adjustments on any single ****ing plays...and he totally exposes our defense on every play. NOT ONCE did we re-adjust. My kids flag football team would have backed out at least once. Manning is incredible at picking up a bad play call...you would think we could adjust at least once.

dream_team
The second is the sequence leading to the 2 minute warning in the 2nd half. You don't have time to send guys in and out and make multiple substitutions. You have time for one play. Get the freaking play called and stop wasting time.

This was actually because of Foster. After the play he called for a sub for some reason? He ran out, so Ward had to run in. Thus, the refs gave time to the Colts to adjust.

fiasco west
Actually, it was he has only started a game 0-3 6 times in his career.

Ahh okay, makes more sense. I was wondering "That's too good to be true." Either way it was a lucky sequence since it was two drops that helped. Too bad we had no idea how to take advantage of the few times our defense gets a stop.

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Oh yea...time after time, Manning calls an audible and our defense makes absolutley no adjustments on any single ****ing plays...and he totally exposes our defense on every play. NOT ONCE did we re-adjust. My kids flag football team would have backed out at least once. Manning is incredible at picking up a bad play call...you would think we could adjust at least once.

I said that same thing a minute ago on another thread. Glad I wasn't the only one wondering why all the bored faces in white jerseys. For Goodness sakes give Manning another look after the check out.

dream_team
11-02-2010, 01:30 AM
I said that same thing a minute ago on another thread. Glad I wasn't the only one wondering why all the bored faces in white jerseys. For Goodness sakes give Manning another look after the check out.

I actually saw them do it once. They showed a LB blitz, Manning audibles, Texans checks as well out of the blitz and drops into coverage. It caught Manning by surprise as he actually took a few seconds to pass and had to go to his second read. Of course, the pass rush wasn't there so he had ample time to make a completion.

BigBull17
11-02-2010, 04:26 AM

Best part is right after the 33 yard run, next play was a shitty pass. God, I would slap Kubiak in the face if I saw him ATM.

Grams
11-02-2010, 05:42 AM
How can a team have 2 weeks to prepare for a beat up team and look so pathetic?

gwallaia
11-02-2010, 08:39 AM
God Forbid the Texans should ever even try to win in Indianapolis.

Blake
11-02-2010, 08:46 AM

Foster Last night = 102 yards at 6.8 YPC. ONLY 15 RUSHING ATTEMPTS! WHAT - THE - HELL - IS - WRONG - WITH - THE - PLAYCALLING?

Texan_Bill
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4&feature=related

Hardcore Texan
11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
You know what really sucks. No matter what happens, no matter if we eek into the playoffs, we won't go very far at all. We'll be one and done.

But I doubt we even make it in at this point. We'll be lucky to finish at .500.