PDA

View Full Version : Titans sign Randy Moss

drs23
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Already couldn't keep his mouth shut I guess. per NFL.com's Michael Lombardi.

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Must have been because of that interview: http://twitter.com/michaelombardi/status/29396962259

JWarren14
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I heard he gave up on the play where Favre got injured.

Wonder what happens now?

gtexan02
11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Must have been because of that interview: http://twitter.com/michaelombardi/status/29396962259

And that half hearted attempt to catch a pass in the end zone to win the game for the Vikes.

Wow.

Major development if true.

Think he'l end up back with the Patriots?

DexmanC
11-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I heard he gave up on the play where Favre got injured.

Wonder what happens now?

Anybody want a receiver who only runs three routes? He runs those
three routes real good, though!

VTexan
Do you want?

http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/randymoss.jpg

Would be perfect compliment to AJ IMO

beerlover
who is running that asylum?

Section516
11-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Hmm..So, Waived=Waivers..Duh, right? So worst records have first claim? Chargers? Who do you think?

Dutchrudder
11-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Saving money I guess. Favre's done (most likely) at 2-5 you have to figure their season is most likely over.

JWarren14
11-01-2010, 02:09 PM
NO thank you! He has been referred to as a slouch and gave up on the play where Favre got injured.

Why pay a bunch of money for a player who only plays 1/2 the snaps when he is on the field?

euro-Texan
11-01-2010, 02:10 PM
The BiQueens are a train wreck

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Nuckin' futs.

beerlover
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25612153

Hagar
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
who is running that asylum?

My thoughts exactly.

The Vikings are the new Raiders.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Merge with the other thread in the right forum, in 5.......... 4.......... 3...........

MightyTExan
11-01-2010, 02:16 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/205aypx.gif

JB
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
How many of these Moss threads we gonna have?

Double Barrel
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Wha.....??? This is a head scratcher. :um:

It would be funny if the Pats pick him back up!

gtexan02
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Lets not forget Sidney Rice could be coming back, right?

I bet Moss is lamenting making fun of Brady's hair at this point

Double Barrel
11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Just tweeted: "Childress told the team in meeting they waived Moss as Moss did not go back with the team to Minnesota. Moss was not in the meeting."

Ole Miss Texan
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say yes... sign him!!

We're sitting at 4-2. Regardless of the outcome tonight (4-3 or 5-2), we're still competing with Indy and Tennessee to win the division. Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens, Colts and Titans are all looking to win their division or clench a wildcard spot (of which there are only 2).

Obviously $ is factor, it always is... but we're discussing should we at least be in the talks with his agent about it and his price. I say yes.

After tonight we'll have 4 remaining division games and some tough ones against the Jets, Ravens, etc.

Andre Johnson demands a double-team on almost every play. That's one safety over the top that always has his eye on AJ. Randy Moss is similar in the sense a safety always has to be aware and lean towards that side.

Moss going deep on every play will either (i) demand a safety to help or (ii) be a 1-on-1 matchup that Schaub could throw deep. AJ works well deep and going over the middle... this only helps AJ get open. Safeties looking at AJ and Moss means Jacoby/Walter/Daniels/Anderson will have a field day working over the middle and not to mention.... and almost just as important IMO:

Safeties playing back b/c of AJ and Moss = no in-box FS/SS = easier to run the ball. I see this as a great signing for the entire offensive production.

Foster would break even more runs, OD would be targeted against the LB matchups, AJ would get more 1-on-1 looks, and Moss in his own right would need to be targeted.

With our defense giving up so many yards and points, I think this would be a good move to help our offense stay on the field, eat clock, get more points.

HOU-TEX
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
And that half hearted attempt to catch a pass in the end zone to win the game for the Vikes.

Wow.

Major development if true.

Think he'l end up back with the Patriots?

Yeppers!

Childress will be gone by the end of the season. I always thought the Vikes had plenty of talent to get to the bowl. I reckon that says enough about what I think of Chilress as a HC.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
How many of these Moss threads we gonna have?

GB started this one about 6 minutes before the other one.

Anywhoooo! Crazy doings in that Vikes organization! Looking at the love fest between Moss and Brady yesterday after the game, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he winds up back in NE.

Dutchrudder
11-01-2010, 02:26 PM
No way he ends up on the Texans. Hell, they didn't even make a move for a decent CB or LB at a position of need. I bet Moss ends up on the Jets or Eagles, if he goes anywhere at all.

HuttoKarl
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
He's basically a cartoon character now. Has bad game...acts like a moron...gets traded.

VTexan
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM

We're sitting at 4-2. Regardless of the outcome tonight (4-3 or 5-2), we're still competing with Indy and Tennessee to win the division. Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens, Colts and Titans are all looking to win their division or clench a wildcard spot (of which there are only 2).

Obviously $ is factor, it always is... but we're discussing should we at least be in the talks with his agent about it and his price. I say yes.

After tonight we'll have 4 remaining division games and some tough ones against the Jets, Ravens, etc.

Andre Johnson demands a double-team on almost every play. That's one safety over the top that always has his eye on AJ. Randy Moss is similar in the sense a safety always has to be aware and lean towards that side.

Moss going deep on every play will either (i) demand a safety to help or (ii) be a 1-on-1 matchup that Schaub could throw deep. AJ works well deep and going over the middle... this only helps AJ get open. Safeties looking at AJ and Moss means Jacoby/Walter/Daniels/Anderson will have a field day working over the middle and not to mention.... and almost just as important IMO:

Safeties playing back b/c of AJ and Moss = no in-box FS/SS = easier to run the ball. I see this as a great signing for the entire offensive production.

Foster would break even more runs, OD would be targeted against the LB matchups, AJ would get more 1-on-1 looks, and Moss in his own right would need to be targeted.

With our defense giving up so many yards and points, I think this would be a good move to help our offense stay on the field, eat clock, get more points.

Couldn't agree with this more. Jacoby/Walters in the true slot role would phenomenal. There Moss would be the perfect compliment to AJ. Sign him to a cheap 1 year contract.

jaayteetx
11-01-2010, 02:29 PM
He has to go through waivers, does anybody actually think Jerry Jones could pass him up? C'mon.

Shaft75
11-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I hear he's on a plan to Indy for tonight's game. I wonder which side he'll be on.

BigBull17
11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I think the Rams are a team that should take a long look. They are depleted at receiver and in the hunt.

Section516
11-01-2010, 02:32 PM
IIRC, He has to go through Waivers, in which worst team gets first shot. and i believe they take over his salary..which is the remainder of $6.4 million. If he clears waivers, I think its first come first serve at the offer?

drs23
11-01-2010, 02:34 PM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25612153

What a bag. I wonder who's desperate enough to take that stink on?

Kaiser Toro
11-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I would not be surprised to see the Titans pick him up.

Carr Bombed
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM

I wouldn't mind signing him just for this season, but it isn't going to happen. Bob McNair won't sign somebody with that kind of baggage and right or wrong, I've just learned to accept it, so I don't even bring up stuff like that.

We are the Houston choir boys, good or bad, that's just how we operate.

El Tejano
11-01-2010, 02:45 PM
3 teams I think would do it.

Titans - injury to Britt. Hearing your hamstring pop is never good.
Cowboys - marketing about the whole they never drafted him thing. Something to get the fans interested again and raise nacho sales.
New England - Hey Randy, you already are getting paid for your original contract through the Vikings now. Let us sign you for the amount of what you wanted on top of the contract we had with you, and everybody wins.

Blake
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Can I haz a Moss? Plz?

Ole Miss Texan
11-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't mind signing him just for this season, but it isn't going to happen. Bob McNair won't sign somebody with that kind of baggage and right or wrong, I've just learned to accept it, so I don't even bring up stuff like that.

We are the Houston choir boys, good or bad, that's just how we operate.

Yep. This is the season we have a HUGE chance at playoffs even with our suspensions and injuries. I'm actually one that really likes the way Smith/McNair look at free agents and don't go after the high profile 'bad vibe' type of guys, but this is a case I would make an exception. I don't expect the Texans to at all either, but I wish they would because I see immediate impact from him.

I believe that's correct it may be about $4 million for the rest of the season. In an uncapped year and as much as I think our offense would benefit from signing him, I would do it. I'm also a pretty stingy poster of Uncle Bob's cash. ;)

Again, I don't expect anything to happen here, but would love if we could get him for the remainder of the season/post-season.

Carr Bombed
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
3 teams I think would do it.

Titans - injury to Britt. Hearing your hamstring pop is never good.
Cowboys - marketing about the whole they never drafted him thing. Something to get the fans interested again and raise nacho sales.
New England - Hey Randy, you already are getting paid for your original contract through the Vikings now. Let us sign you for the amount of what you wanted on top of the contract we had with you, and everybody wins.

I'd scratch New England and the Cowboys off the list.

NE hasn't lost a game since he left and I think they were extremely happy to get rid of that headache.

Cowboys are in a free fall, they have no quarterback and no chance at winning anything this season...so bringing in a malcontent like Moss would be a huge disaster. I don't think Jerry Jones is even that stupid. Especially since the one position on that team where it's apparent that Dallas is loaded with talent is the WR position. Dallas already made up for the whole "passing on Moss" thing.....that's why they drafted another perceived "trouble making, uber-talented college WR who fell through the draft" in Dez Bryant.

The Titans however sadly makes perfect sense. :( As well as the Chargers without V. Jackson.

fiasco west
11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I hear he's on a plan to Indy for tonight's game. I wonder which side he'll be on.

No no no no. Texans should try to get him JUST to keep him off of the Colts.

If Peyton can make an average WR into a good one, think what he can do for a HOF WR that really hasn't lost any of his skills? Far as I can tell, Moss just gives up. That's not happening with Peyton.

KEEP MOSS AWAY FROM INDY! I'll be fine if he goes to the Titans...just keep him away from Peyton.

houstonspartan
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
A few things:

1) I'm guessing that Moss gave New England the middle finger, thinking he was going to join his boy Favre in Minneapolis and play towards a Super Bowl. HOWEVER, once he actually got to Minnesota, he saw how dysfunctional the Viking's are as an organzition, and realized he made a mistake. His comments in that press conference were stunning and unacceptable.

2) Brad Childress is a terrible coach, but I don't blame him for getting rid of Moss. My mouth was literally hanging open after I saw that Moss had to say.

3) There was a thread started here right after Moss was traded - but before he actually played a game - talking about how a great pair Moss/Favre would be. I said then that it was impossible to see how the two would work together until they actually play together. Overall team chemistry is VERY important. Sports isn't about simply plugging holes or making widgets. These are human beings, and human beings can't simply be plugged into a system, regardless of their talent levels. Look at the Cowboys.

4) Minnesota deserves to lose that team. No one is running the show up there: Not the coach, not the GM, not the owner. No one cares. This is one of the worst-run teams I have ever seen.

gtexan02
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Ugh. What if the Colts go after him. Moss plays the role that Collie fulfills

JB
11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Ugh. What if the Colts go after him. Moss plays the role that Collie fulfills

I don't think he will clear waivers that far down the list. I look for Denver or
Cleveland to snatch him up. Or no one will...:kitten:

VTexan
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
A few things:

1) I'm guessing that Moss gave New England the middle finger, thinking he was going to join his boy Favre in Minneapolis and play towards a Super Bowl. HOWEVER, once he actually got to Minnesota, he saw how dysfunctional the Viking's are as an organzition, and realized he made a mistake. His comments in that press conference were stunning and unacceptable.

2) Brad Childress is a terrible coach, but I don't blame him for getting rid of Moss. My mouth was literally hanging open after I saw that Moss had to say.

3) There was a thread started here right after Moss was traded - but before he actually played a game - talking about how a great pair Moss/Favre would be. I said then that it was impossible to see how the two would work together until they actually play together. Overall team chemistry is VERY important. Sports isn't about simply plugging holes or making widgets. These are human beings, and human beings can't simply be plugged into a system, regardless of their talent levels. Look at the Cowboys.

4) Minnesota deserves to lose that team. No one is running the show up there: Not the coach, not the GM, not the owner. No one cares. This is one of the worst-run teams I have ever seen.

umm your no.1 point is pretty false. randy said he was happy in NE and they traded him. most people were really surprised.

Goatcheese
11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow, worst run organization in football?

Shame he can't be claimed until tomorrow. I would love for him to show up with the Dolts and blow up that team. :slapfight:

Brandon420tx
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Anyone have a link to his post game interview?

JB
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Anyone have a link to his post game interview?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/18804/verbatim-randy-moss

Miggsy
11-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Wow. Now that was a Patriots love fest right there. Wouldn't be surprised if he did end up back there.

Another brilliant Pats move, trade Randy Moss for a 3rd round pick and Randy Moss.

Brandon420tx
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Must spread rep

Showtime100
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Goodness. About half of that I hadn't seen. I don't think Minnesota had a choice. I'll assume the Texans will steer (no pun) clear of this clown. They have enough ploblems on the other side of the ball.

Dutchrudder
11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
If a team picks him up on the wire, don't they have to pay the rest of his salary for the year in full? If so, why would any team want to pay him a few million for the rest of the year, unless they are already in contention?

jaayteetx
11-01-2010, 04:08 PM
If a team picks him up on the wire, don't they have to pay the rest of his salary for the year in full? If so, why would any team want to pay him a few million for the rest of the year, unless they are already in contention?

No, Vikings are on the hook for his salary this year.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2010, 04:08 PM
If the pats sign him again, bellicheat needs to be investigated for collusion.

houstonspartan
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
umm your no.1 point is pretty false. randy said he was happy in NE and they traded him. most people were really surprised.

Uh, no. Randy complained about his lack of a big contract renewal in New England. The only reason people were surprised was because it left New England w/out a big reciever. Moss was unhappy the last several months in Boston.

And, he'd wanted to play with Favre for years, so he jumped.

Scooter
11-01-2010, 04:30 PM
No, Vikings are on the hook for his salary this year.

if a team picks him off of waivers, that team would take on moss's contract. if he clears waivers, the vikings are responsible for the contract. atleast that's how shefter said it.

Scooter
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM

that was my first thought when hearing moss was waived, especially with moss half-assing it as a viking and then his love fest press conference.

wagonhed
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of it but I think I might agree.

Showtime100
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
WOW. NFLN is saying he hasn't been officially waived yet. That when the story broke it was news to Viking brass just as it was news to the public. The players are supposedly up in arms about the development and Childress is talking to Viking officials now about completing the move.

I see Childress in a VERY vulnerable position here brought on by the past and possibly this being the last straw. Clearly Childress exercised his right as coach and made the move without consultation. :mcnugget:

houstonspartan
11-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of it but I think I might agree.

Yeah, but that seems like an awful lot of work for a draft pick. Sure, I know that Belechek likes to collect draft picks, but, it just seems like it would be a lot of work just to pick up an extra pick from Minnesota.

Double Barrel
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Stick a fork in Childress. He's done.

Kulluminatii
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
My thoughts exactly.

The Vikings are the new Raiders.

Sure seems like it. I'm not too angry about that though :D.

gary
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
The Pats might have Moss, Welker, and Branch. Not bad choices at all but I doubt that will happen though.

texdawg
11-02-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm no expert on how compensatory draft picks work. But I've heard that if a team claims Moss off waivers for the remainder of the season, and he then signs a big free agent contract next year the claiming team may recieve a compensatory draft pick as high as a third rounder.

If this is true (I have no link), this opens up just about all teams to sign him.

infantrycak
11-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm no expert on how compensatory draft picks work. But I've heard that if a team claims Moss off waivers for the remainder of the season, and he then signs a big free agent contract next year the claiming team may recieve a compensatory draft pick as high as a third rounder.

If this is true (I have no link), this opens up just about all teams to sign him.

Compensatory picks are determined on net losses or gains of free agents. A team claiming or signing Moss will not receive anything for gaining a player. Maybe the Vikings will but not the team getting him.

El Tejano
11-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Just asking. How many feel that we should try to sign him after seeing Andre hobble off the field last night. There's just as much risk in letting your season go by not having Andre for two or three games as there is in signing a guy like Moss.

Dutchrudder
11-02-2010, 09:24 AM
If Moss goes to the Bengals, I think it could mean the end of the NFL as we know it.

texdawg
11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Compensatory picks are determined on net losses or gains of free agents. A team claiming or signing Moss will not receive anything for gaining a player. Maybe the Vikings will but not the team getting him.

Here is an example of the senario I was thinking about:

The Bills pick Moss off waivers, he completes the year with the Bills. After this year is up, Moss becomes a free agent. Moss signs with another team. Theoretically, the Bills have lost a player to free agency. My understanding of the compensatory pick program would allow for the Bills to recieve a pick.

I'm just asking a question, haven't heard this option brought up anywhere in media. If my thoughts are true, I think there will be more teams interested in him.

If I'm wrong, won't be the first or last. LOL

Dash
11-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Those who know Zygi Wilf say Vikings owner is angry his team plans to waive the player that he wanted, and worked to bring back, to Minn.

Almost every team will meet today to discuss whether it's worth it to place a waiver claim for WR Randy Moss. Some interesting decisions.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

infantrycak
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Here is an example of the senario I was thinking about:

The Bills pick Moss off waivers, he completes the year with the Bills. After this year is up, Moss becomes a free agent. Moss signs with another team. Theoretically, the Bills have lost a player to free agency. My understanding of the compensatory pick program would allow for the Bills to recieve a pick.

I'm just asking a question, haven't heard this option brought up anywhere in media. If my thoughts are true, I think there will be more teams interested in him.

If I'm wrong, won't be the first or last. LOL

OK - that is a possibility. It will depend on their other free agent moves. It isn't an individual calculation. It is done based on net losses or gains. So if they sign someone it could nullify Moss leaving.

beerlover
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
OK - that is a possibility. It will depend on their other free agent moves. It isn't an individual calculation. It is done based on net losses or gains. So if they sign someone it could nullify Moss leaving.

I thought they would at least wait for Sidney Rice to return. maybe he is closer to coming back than projected?

disaacks3
11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Just asking. How many feel that we should try to sign him after seeing Andre hobble off the field last night. There's just as much risk in letting your season go by not having Andre for two or three games as there is in signing a guy like Moss. I unfortunately agree. Andre is nowhere NEAR 100% right now. Like him or not, Moss can stretch the field.

If Moss goes to the Bengals, I think it could mean the end of the NFL as we know it. From Batman & Robin to the Three Stooges?

texdawg
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback, infatrycak.

Sorry I dragged the topic a little off course, just thought it was info that might add to the overall picture of who may actually claim Moss.

Wolf
11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
randy moss-one clap (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-best-song-ever-made-using-Autotuned-Randy-Mo?urn=nfl-281733)
:kitten:

DexmanC
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Watching the Randy Moss self-interview, I don't see anything wrong with
the content of what he had to say. The media, however, are masters
of changing the conTEXT of what anyone says, to cause the masses
to FEEL a certain way about a particular person or subject.

Moss is a hard working, smart football player, who HATES lazy preparation
for opponents. If you're not about winning, you don't want Randy Moss.

Double Barrel
11-03-2010, 12:39 PM

I felt the same way about his statement. I refuse to chastise a guy for being honest.

It probably wasn't the best thing to say if he wanted to stay with the Vikings. But what he said wasn't necessarily wrong if that's how he sees it. That team is a train wreck right now, and how they are surprised by what they got in Moss just shows that they didn't do their homework.

I did hear a lot of regret in his words, though. Perhaps the grass was greener on the other side of the fence because it's growing on top of a septic tank. He probably realizes that he had a great thing in NE and should have just played his contract out and kept his mouth shut.

Blake
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM

Watching it where?

El Tejano
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I honestly believe that he was realizing where he was and who he was talking to - Boston and Boston's media. That's why he said what he said at the end, because he wanted them to print that out of respect for his former teammates. If you notice he also said that he knew stuff was written about him that he didn't like. I would assume it was the Boston media that wrote those things and that is why he didn't want to field questions from them.

I can see him getting pissed for a coach not listening to him when he said he knew the plays New England was going to run. As a fan, I would be pissed off too (although I'm not sure I could put it behind Kubiak to do the same). The game is about playing to your advantages and if you didn't do that after a 2-4 start, shame on you.

DexmanC
11-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Watching it where?

Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALERIngeS0

J_R
11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Titans have put in a claim on Randy Moss (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/report-titans-put-in-claim-for-moss/)

Remains to be seen if they'll get him

Showtime100
11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Titans have put in a claim on Randy Moss (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/report-titans-put-in-claim-for-moss/)

Why does that seem like a good fit? Oh, I know.

DexmanC
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Why does that seem like a good fit? Oh, I know.

It would be an excellent fit, actually. The Titans run a well-disciplined,
well-coached, winning ship. I think he'd fit in nicely, especially if
Kenny Britt gets well. The box will get wide open for Chris Johnson.
and VY will have someone else to throw it deep to.

This is another reason why the Chargers is a MUST WIN game for
the Texans.

Dutchrudder
11-03-2010, 03:01 PM

Good. Things are going well for that team, and no one else out there could destroy that.

Double Barrel
11-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Good. Things are going well for that team, and no one else out there could destroy that.

hehe, that is my hope, as well. Moss will eat Young at the first opportunity, and no amount of Porn Stach discipline is going to change that little fact. :evil:

J_R
11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Done deal. Moss to Tennessee

BIG TORO
11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Done deal. Moss to Tennessee

Wow now we have to deal with A-hole twice!

BetaV1
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
:thinking:

EDIT: just saw a post acknowledging the move in the Randy Moss waived thread. Can a mod please delete this topic?

No More 8-8's
Well things just keep on getting better.......sigh

toronto
I feel like I just drank 3 coffees. So stunned and stoked that the team did this. Sending a message that they think they can win now.

BetaV1
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Who is to say Moss wants to play there? He may sit out, as reports claim he has threatened to do.

Dutchrudder
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I feel like I just drank 3 coffees. So stunned and stoked that the team did this. Sending a message that they think they can win now.

You should update your sig... :P

No More 8-8's
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Who is to say Moss wants to play there? He may sit out, as reports claim he has threatened to do.
He aint sitting out. The only pass that VY can do well is the Fly route, which is Moss specialty. The man wont have to go to a single practice.

Kaiser Toro
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM

It was a no brainer to me. The Titans have a need, and strong leadership from the top down.

BetaV1
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
He aint sitting out. The only pass that VY can do well is the Fly route, which is Moss specialty. The man wont have to go to a single practice.

Just like how Favre was a perfect match for Moss? He seems pretty adamant that he wants a ring more than anything else. The Titans are good, but they aren't World Champion good.

J_R
11-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Moss will report.

Adam_Schefter: Tennessee hasn't played Houston yet. Houston has the NFL's 32nd-ranked pass defense. Advantage, Titans.

Mr. Texan
11-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Adam_Schefter: Tennessee hasn't played Houston yet. Houston has the NFL's 32nd-ranked pass defense. Advantage, Titans.

:bag:

JWarren14
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg&feature=related

Pretty good Moss video Remix

TexanBacker93
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Considering the Texans could have put a claim in ahead of the Titans because of our worse record I have to count this as another example of the Texans management failing to do what it takes to win games. They might not need him, but by claiming him they could have kept a division foe from getting him.

Goatcheese
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Moss has done pretty much nothing this year with Brady and Favre throwing to him. VY isn't going to change that.

Bulluck53
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm with you, I was just excited to see that Fisher and Co. put in a claim, admitting they needed to upgrade their receiving corps after Britt's injury. Then the fact that hes actually coming to Tennessee, I'm still in shock really.

11-03-2010, 03:51 PM

...why wouldn't moss want to play on the titans? put down the crackpipe, boss.

Bulluck53
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Moss has done pretty much nothing this year with Brady and Favre throwing to him. VY isn't going to change that.

I'm more excited about the effect he will have on the offense (ie Chris Johnson) and did you see that defense open up for Percy Harvin the past month? It makes my mouth water.

dtran04
11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Vince throw rainbows to an old Moss than see Chris Johnson run a draw or screen play. They've yet to figure that out yet.

What's worse though....is Antonio Gates this weekend. The worst matchup conceivable for the Texans.

wagonhed
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, we're ****ed. But that's nothing new. We'll be lucky to split with the Titans.

Goatcheese
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm more excited about the effect he will have on the offense (ie Chris Johnson) and did you see that defense open up for Percy Harvin the past month? It makes my mouth water.

123rd with Brady and Favre throwing to him.

123rd

I feel like saying it again to emphasize just how little this acquisition means: 123rd

dtran04
11-03-2010, 03:57 PM
He might like Tennessee barbecue better than what they serve in MIN so maybe he won't complain as much and make a scene. :)

spurstexanstros
11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm with you, I was just excited to see that Fisher and Co. put in a claim, admitting they needed to upgrade their receiving corps after Britt's injury. Then the fact that hes actually coming to Tennessee, I'm still in shock really.
Im shocked too, most people do all they can to get out of Tennesee....(ahh weak smack against Titan fan..cant put my whole heart in it...dang)

Texan_Bill
11-03-2010, 04:04 PM
He might like Tennessee barbecue better than what they serve in MIN so maybe he won't complain as much and make a scene. :)

Whats to complain about?? He gets to see the Texans secondary twice!! :cowboy1:

Mr teX
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
great...

Bulluck53
11-03-2010, 04:10 PM
123rd with Brady and Favre throwing to him.

123rd

I feel like saying it again to emphasize just how little this acquisition means: 123rd

123rd what?

Did you read what I said, he will open things up. Britt was beginning to make defenses notice him and then he got hurt. Moss will take over where Britt left off and add that much more. It doesn't matter what he's done thus far, you can't leave Moss single-covered. His effect on the Titans can go way beyond catching passes.

Not sure why that's hard to understand.

ziggy29
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
I hate this division.

TEXANJAK
11-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Randy Moss was picked up by Titans..

Goatcheese
11-03-2010, 04:14 PM
123rd what?

Did you read what I said, he will open things up. Britt was beginning to make defenses notice him and then he got hurt. Moss will take over where Britt left off and add that much more. It doesn't matter what he's done thus far, you can't leave Moss single-covered.

Not sure why that's hard to understand.

123rd in receiving yards. I would have thought that was obvious.

You couldn't leave Randy Moss single covered 2 years ago. He's not that guy anymore.

To make things better Randy doesn't like to run block on a run oriented team.

Bulluck53
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Kubiak can leave him in single coverage if he'd like, we'll see how that works. Does this make the Titans the Super Bowl favorite, absolutely not. Does it help the offense in a way they desperately needed it, yes.

We won't lead the league in receiving, is that what you want to hear? :lol:

Goatcheese
11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh no, they just picked up the 123rd most productive receiver in the NFL.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife!

Hookem Horns
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM

Kinda like when they signed Webster Slaughter, though they still managed to heartbreak the fans even after that.

:choke:

drewmar74
11-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I hate this division.

QFT.

Can we please move to the NFC West?

Dutchrudder
11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh no, they just picked up the 123rd most productive receiver in the NFL.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife!

Why? Do you think he will drop them?

:ant:

Hookem Horns
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
A classless p.o.s. player to a classless p.o.s. organization. A marriage made in Hades.

SrslySirius
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Meh. Honestly, this is the scariest consequence of the signing I can think of.

http://imgur.com/Dh9dw.jpg

houstonspartan
11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
A classless p.o.s. player to a classless p.o.s. organization. A marriage made in Hades.

Yeah, but, Jeff Fischer is no joke as a coach, and our pass rush is beyond sad.

We're so screwed that when I first heard the news not too long ago I literally burst out laughing.

They're going to whip our asses like we stole something.

Ole Miss Texan
11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
SH*T... this sucks!!!! Sure he doesn't have many yards this season but....

He has 5 TDs on 22 receptions.
He's tied for the 8th most TD receptions in the league.

The Titans now have 3 WRs that are ranked in the Top 15 in TD receptions and they haven't played us once this season.... and they have the best RB in the league.

drewmar74
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM

The Titans now have 3 WRs that are ranked in the Top 15 in TD receptions and they haven't played us once this season.... and they have the best RB in the league.

Yeah. It's not going to be good.

Maybe we can come out passing like Martz-aholics. That plan always catches opposing teams off guard and gets us an early lead!

Double Barrel
11-03-2010, 04:49 PM

yep, a match made in hell. I can only hope that the inevitable implosion happens sooner than later.

lol:

Stemp
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Randy isn't going to be happy playing for a team that runs the ball a lot with the RB and has a QB that also likes to run. Moss won't stretch the field much if he plays like he doesn't give a sh!t, which he will.

SheTexan
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I figured they would kick our butts before they picked up Moss, now I'm certain of it. Oh well, if not the Titans, it'll be the Colts winning our division anyway, so why stress. If we can't beat a bunch of 2nd stringers, we're not going anyplace anyway. JMO!!

Kaiser Toro
11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
The Titans have a bye week and then play the Redskins and Texans, Moss will be salivating against those two putrid defenses.

After that the Titans have
Jags
Colts
Texans
Chiefs
Colts

I would love to see this blow up in the Titans faces, but I just do not see it happening.

Bulluck53
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Hahaha

m5kwatts
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Moss was a complete non-factor for the Pats week 17 last year, and that was with Brady QB'ing. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Besides great NFL players don't get dumped twice in the same season by two different teams. I think Moss is really bothered by his contract to the point that he's "all about Randy" right now. All I'm saying is the Titans might be biting off more than they can chew.

ESAD2-14
11-03-2010, 06:01 PM

That's some funny shit right there :lol:

eriadoc
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Well, I have Randy Moss on my FF team, so I guess that's at least two weeks I'll play him.

Wolf
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
man I can't do what I want to do but..............

I just have the feeling to do one clap .. .straight cash homey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg)

SrslySirius
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
man I can't do what I want to do but..............

I just have the feeling to do one clap .. .straight cash homey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg)

First time seeing this. Man, I ******** love Steve Porter. I'm a big fan.

Runner
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Moss hasn't done much this year. Now he gets multiple "get well" games vs Texans and Jags.

Good deal for him anyway.

Wolf6151
11-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Another nail in Kubiaks coffin.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Great!! We have to see Uncle Rico http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/vinceyoung.gif

throwing to "just good some ol' boys" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLEntnHUcQ Randy Moss! TWICE!!!

JPPT1974
11-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Just as long as he keeps his mouth shut and does his job. As well as produce, then he will be ok.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Just as long as he keeps his mouth shut and does his job. As well as produce, then he will be ok.

I hope he's a jackass that calls Vince Young a loser and Chris Johnson some sort of freakish weirdo with a quirky twitch!!!

Texan_Bill
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM

Well played sir! That's awesome!!!

Kaiser Toro
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
First time seeing this. Man, I ******** love Steve Porter. I'm a big fan.

Saw him at Lolla. He blew me and my crew away.

JB
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=evelynz8735;1569272]Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Norg
11-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Meh ok

I can already tell tho the texans will not respect him they will just single coverge him

Its not like Moss is going to run routes in the middle of the field

because one hit from Cushing and he will be on IR

THats what u got to do with Moss Jam him ruff him up and he will be sudude

ubecool454
11-03-2010, 11:25 PM

I wouldn't say Johnson is the best RB in the league stats wise right now...however, he is still the one that scares me the most.

beerlover
11-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Fisher is the one who is taking on this Moss enigma. It could work out spectacular or fizzle like it did in the frozen tundra. Personally I'm not a big fan of Childress, can't see how he relates to big media hyped athletes like Farve & Moss. Fisher is another thing, he is a players coach & longest tendered for a reason, they are able to stay competitive with less. A healthy, motivated Moss levels the playing field, VJ to Moss could be a match made in heaven, we'll see!

thunderkyss
11-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Moss was a complete non-factor for the Pats week 17 last year, and that was with Brady QB'ing. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Besides great NFL players don't get dumped twice in the same season by two different teams. I think Moss is really bothered by his contract to the point that he's "all about Randy" right now. All I'm saying is the Titans might be biting off more than they can chew.

But the Patriots weren't trying to win. Surely Moss wasn't giving us 30%

& they didn't have CJ2K

SrslySirius
11-04-2010, 07:34 AM
But the Patriots weren't trying to win. Surely Moss wasn't giving us 30%

& they didn't have CJ2K

IIRC, the Pats were still in contention for home field advantage going into that game. If they didn't care, wouldn't they have just rested some of their starters? For a quarter at least?

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

:mcnugget: WTF, over!

gtexan02
11-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Well crap. Thats all I have to say

Kaiser Toro
11-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Fisher is the one who is taking on this Moss enigma. It could work out spectacular or fizzle like it did in the frozen tundra. Personally I'm not a big fan of Childress, can't see how he relates to big media hyped athletes like Farve & Moss. Fisher is another thing, he is a players coach & longest tendered for a reason, they are able to stay competitive with less. A healthy, motivated Moss levels the playing field, VJ to Moss could be a match made in heaven, we'll see!

It does beg the question, is it Kubiak's persona or McNair's preference that limits our pool of prospects? I believe it is Kubiak. McNair is a businessman, he understands risks, but wants someone to own those risks should there be no ROI.

silvrhand
11-04-2010, 11:08 AM

I would of rather seen that on any other team long as they were not in the AFC south, this is just going to suck for us. Pollard doesn't understand deeper than the deepest...

Fizz
11-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I know we have a lot more crap to worry about because of our abysmal performance on MNF, but say there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

is Randy Moss going to make the Titans the team to beat? Are we doomed to the wild card race and giving up any hopes at the AFC South? :thinking:

Rey
11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I have no idea.

Bulluck53
11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
is Randy Moss going to make the Titans the team to beat? Are we doomed to the wild card race and giving up any hopes at the AFC South? :thinking:

At this point I would say no. The reason I am excited about the acquisition is it fills the hole made by Britt's injury. Moss will be able to sustain and even enhance the defense's awareness of the Titans' receivers with Britt out. The first couple of games will tell us how defenses will play the Titans offense the rest of the season. If Moss is actually used then defenses will continue to keep an eye on him and remain more open. If Moss is used mostly as a decoy then defenses will creep that extra safety back in the box.

What I'm really looking forward to is Britt coming back, which seems likely to be sooner than previously reported. Britt and Moss on the outside creates havoc for opposing defenses. Washington is a slot receiver and really never should have left that spot, he will do good things once back there. Britt/Moss opens things up for CJ, as well as the tight ends, Washington and maybe Damian Williams if he continues to show his skills. That will be fun to watch.

Bulluck53
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
And I need one more post to get off that dreaded number so... :shots:

Double Barrel
11-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I think the Moss / CJ combo is dangerous and to be respected accordingly. Obviously, Moss could meltdown and do nothing, but if he has any sense in that noggin of his, he'll tow the line and do what he's told to help the Titans. And if he does, I think he's a huge upgrade to the Titans offense.

That being said, the Colts are still the team to beat in the AFC South. I think the results will be the Colts at 11-5 winning the division, and the Titans 10-6 and Texans 9-7 will be on the outside looking in as the wildcards come from the AFC East and North.

beerlover
11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I think the Moss / CJ combo is dangerous and to be respected accordingly. Obviously, Moss could meltdown and do nothing, but if he has any sense in that noggin of his, he'll tow the line and do what he's told to help the Titans. And if he does, I think he's a huge upgrade to the Titans offense.

That being said, the Colts are still the team to beat in the AFC South. I think the results will be the Colts at 11-5 winning the division, and the Titans 10-6 and Texans 9-7 will be on the outside looking in as the wildcards come from the AFC East and North.

well the Texans don't have another shot at them (unless its in the post season?) so Titans have to be the focus for Texans now. Don't be surprised if the Eagles with Vick back upset those Colts, they are so beatable right now & WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK! :cowboy1:

Old School
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM

Look, you are going to have to start posting photo's in another format or something. My work filters show me nothing but a blank page and I know I am missing some good shit!!!! Make it happen damn it!!:cool:

toronto
11-05-2010, 12:34 PM
When the word came down that Moss was being waived, I went batshit on titanstailgate begging the Titans to sign him.

I'm thrilled. Why? With the Britt injury, more than anything else, this message from the owner on down to Fisher tells the locker room that there is a belief that they can contend.

Its now up to Moss, but the fact that the team got off its arse and actually filled a hole quick was a welcome sight for me. I'm not used to it.

chicagotexan2
11-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Damn James Brown lost some weight!!!

Dread-Head
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
And I need one more post to get off that dreaded number so... :shots:

:bat: Why does it have to be a "Dreaded" number? How ya doing Bulluck?

Bulluck53
11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
:bat: Why does it have to be a "Dreaded" number? How ya doing Bulluck?

Haha well I took some shots for you, so that should be flattering!

I'm doing well just busy, glad its football season but sad its already at the midway point. Glad to be back talking NFL with you guys :heart: Still can't get over the BA news, though.

You been good?