PDA

View Full Version : Leading with head rules?

Pantherstang84
10-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Ok. I'm watching the Jags vs. the Girls and noticed something. The NFL is cracking down on defenders leading with their heads but what about offensive players? If you watch MJD he launches himself like a missile against defenders quite a bit. You would think the NFL would be just as interested in this type of play by offensive players as well. Just an observation.

jaayteetx
10-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. They'll never do anything about it, IMO. The NFL loves offense, bottom line.

Showtime100
10-31-2010, 04:57 PM
I was on the phone with my dad and he swears in the Dallas/Jacksonville game there was incidental helmet-to-helmet between two defenders and a flag was thrown. Don't know if that is true but if so that's a horrible call.

ziggy29
10-31-2010, 04:58 PM
The other thing I've noticed is that they are calling it a lot more when a defensive player launches himself below the shoulders, and then the offensive player ducks *after* the defender has committed to the hit, and as a result there's contact to the helmet and a penalty. That, IMO, is wrong.

HJam72
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
It's gonna be like the NBA. If you got the ball, just run into somebody and they'll call a penalty on them.

Rey
10-31-2010, 05:02 PM
The other thing I've noticed is that they are calling it a lot more when a defensive player launches himself below the shoulders, and then the offensive player ducks *after* the defender has committed to the hit, and as a result there's contact to the helmet and a penalty. That, IMO, is wrong.

Thee was ah helmet to helmet hit on FAvre a few minutes ago that was kind of like that...

After he threw that ball he fell away from the contact and the defender hit him in the head...

ziggy29
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Thee was ah helmet to helmet hit on FAvre a few minutes ago that was kind of like that...

After he threw that ball he fell away from the contact and the defender hit him in the head...
I'd flag him for not hitting Favre in his injured ankle.

Yes, I am just joking.

Well, sort of.