PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning: Diminishing Skills?!

Rey
10-29-2010, 04:29 PM
"Quarterback Peyton Manning and "Monday Night Football" analyst Ron Jaworski are good friends. Still, Jaworski might best be ready for Manning to sling a high hard one his way when they meet for an interview during the production meeting that will follow the Colts' Saturday practice.

"I think I know what you're referring to only because someone's told me, but to have fun with him would mean what he said actually had an effect," Manning deadpanned playfully Thursday. "It would be giving him too much credit."

It was a few days after Manning threw for a handsome but season-low 244 yards against Kansas City that Jaworski, the old quarterback and well-studied analyst, was a guest on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" radio show.

"The last couple weeks, as I've studied Peyton Manning, he has not been real sharp," Jaworski said. "Maybe there does come a time when the skills start to diminish a little bit."

And, "I'm not saying it is, but I'm seeing little signs now that the deep sideline throws are not as accurate as they used to be, there's not the zip on the ball that there used to be."

Asked Thursday about his comments, Jaworski laughed.

"He's my favorite quarterback in the history of the NFL, but I just don't make comments up. When I said that, I was looking at the Kansas City game and there were some throws that he can make blindfolded that he missed.

"And I said to the guys, you know father time could be catching up; he's 34 years old. But it's something we all have to be realistic about, too. He's not going to play at this ridiculous level his whole career. There's going to come a time when his skill set's going to regress a little bit. I saw some signs where, ahhh, maybe after 13 years he may not be quite the Peyton Manning we've become accustomed to seeing.""

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/manning-has-diminishing-skills-426627.html

Please leave him alone Jaworski.

edo783
10-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Diminishing skills ...... my ass! Diminishing team .... yeah, I will buy into that. He is 2-5 year away fro the 'Stick a fork in him he is done" time zone. I dame sure wish it were sooner.

Rey
10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Diminishing skills ...... my ass! Diminishing team .... yeah, I will buy into that. He is 2-5 year away fro the 'Stick a fork in him he is done" time zone. I dame sure wish it were sooner.

Yeah...

I'm with you...

I just wish Jaws wouldn't have poked the sleeping bear the week before we played them...

awtysst
10-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Peyton Manning at "diminishing skill level" is STILL better than at least 90% of the QBs in Canton.

Norg
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Eli did say hes getting up there LOL

Mr teX
11-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Peyton Manning at "diminishing skill level" is STILL better than at least 90% of the QBs in Canton.

this

gtexan02
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Im terrified that he and his diminishing skills will be in the afc south for the next decade

mootini
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Maybe a little with age, but I doubt it? The real reason is his supporting cast is injuried and the defense is poor. The guy can't do it all. If Manning loses any of OL, he will really be hurting. Pressure is Manning down fall...when his uniform is clean, he is unstoppable...but w/dirt..he throws picks.

TexansSeminole
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM

As good as it would be for the Texans, I don't wish it would come sooner. I love watching Peyton Manning play, and I assume I won't see another like him for awhile and possibly ever. I can't help it, he's just so much fun to watch.

midway
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I really like watching Manning play QB, it's amazing what a team can do when their OC and QB are the same person. I hate that the Texans play against him twice a year, but I think I'll be an old man before I see another quarterback as good as him.