PDA

View Full Version : Former bust in midst of improbable comeback

Wolf
10-28-2010, 10:06 PM
RENTON, Wash. – Seattle Seahawks receiver Mike Williams would prefer to focus on the future, but he understands why everyone feels a need to talk primarily of his past. After all, it’s not too often that a former first-round draft pick bottoms out, spends two years away from the game, and comes back under the most improbable circumstances to become the leading offensive threat for a franchise trying to find its way back from a losing mentality.

“Well, that fills up the columns,” he said with a laugh after Wednesday’s practice at the Seahawks’ facility in preparation for 4-2 Seattle’s Week 8 contest against the Oakland Raiders. “You have to throw in Detroit, you’ve gotta throw in Maurice Clarett … don’t you all have like certain characters you have to keep [writing in there], too?

“My past is exactly what it is; it’s in the past, but it’s still something that happened and people are going to talk about it, and that’s fine. Does it get repetitive? Yeah, but hopefully I can go out and play well, and people will start talking more about what I’m doing now.”

What he’s doing now is putting up numbers reminiscent of the college stats that helped him initially get to the NFL. In his past two games, Williams has caught 21 passes for 210 yards and a touchdown – more than what he produced with the Raiders in 2007. The premature stint with Oakland seemingly brought to a close an NFL career that had a horrific start.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-williamscomeback102810

Allstar
10-31-2010, 03:04 AM
He should thank his lucky stars that Pete Carrol jumped ship.

thunderkyss
10-31-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm a sucker for the Underdog.

Here's to hoping he keeps his shit together, & becomes an ispiration to thousands...

Lucky
10-31-2010, 09:08 AM
I thought this would be a story on Jason Babin.

Wolf
10-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I bet Bill thought it was a Carmen Electra or Pamela Anderson thread

:runaway:

Texan4Ever
10-31-2010, 11:07 AM
He should never have been drafted at his spot. Didn't he miss an entire season of football at USC?

Lions GM = :mariopalm:

thunderkyss
10-31-2010, 12:44 PM
He should never have been drafted at his spot. Didn't he miss an entire season of football at USC?

Lions GM = :mariopalm:

I don't know about all that. The guy is having a great year, shows you the talent is there. Always has been.

Same thing with Babin, the coaches failed to make him the best football player he could have been.

mattieuk
10-31-2010, 04:22 PM

After last weekend, I was waiting for a story on an unmentionable backup 49ers QB.

Texan4Ever
10-31-2010, 07:25 PM

Either Jason Babin is on roids or he has one hell of a defensive line coach! Babin has 7 sacks after todays game, more than he ever had in a single season with the Texans.