PDA

View Full Version : Hey Joe are you sending Spam or what??

Texan_Bill
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
I recieved an email from you with no subject and a link that looks suspect!! Did you mean to email me something??

ChampionTexan
10-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I recieved an email from you with no subject and a link that looks suspect!! Did you mean to email me something??

Aren't most of your internet destinations "suspect"? (This one excluded of course).

Hookem Horns
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM

Spammers often send you things and make them look like they are coming from someone you know.

brakos82
10-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Spammers often send you things and make them look like they are coming from someone you know.

Yeah, I apparently know French as of a month ago.

Joe Texan
10-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Dude I sent you nothing that I am aware of but do not open it and send it ti yahoo abuse

Texan_Bill
10-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Aren't most of your internet destinations "suspect"? (This one excluded of course).

Yes....

http://www.ilsul6ana.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hs1.jpg

Right!! I've received a few from Joe, and I am always very skeptical because if Joe has something to say, he calls me.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I apparently know French as of a month ago.

Learning French is better than Vista!!

Dude I sent you nothing that I am aware of but do not open it and send it ti yahoo abuse

Thought so... I just posted that when you have something to say, you usually call me - straight up! I've also recieved spam where I apparently sent some email that I know nothing about - to myself!!

Stemp
10-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Learning French is better than Vista!!

Thought so... I just posted that when you have something to say, you usually call me - straight up! I've also recieved spam where I apparently sent some email that I know nothing about - to myself!!

It possible his email was hacked or spoofed. Joe, you may want to go ahead and change your password if you haven't already.

BigWig
10-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Same for Texan Bill, if he truly received and email from himself, someones is spoofing email addys, he may want to change his also. Which by the way its not a bad habit to do every 30 days!

SheTexan
10-27-2010, 07:54 AM
I've received at least 5-6 from Joe this week. I didn't open any of them because I figured it was spam. Got one this morning in fact.

Joe, change your password. I had to do that during the summer and it worked just fine.

BIG TORO
10-27-2010, 07:57 AM
My email was doing that, and as soon as I chanded my password it ended.

Joe Texan
10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Thx