PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

Ryan
10-24-2010, 02:43 PM
is in the game right now. Alex Smith got knocked out of the game. Oh dear.

CloakNNNdagger
10-24-2010, 02:59 PM
is in the game right now. Alex Smith got knocked out of the game. Oh dear.

Expect at least ONE photo of Carr laying on the ground in the fetal position in the papers tomorrow.:gun:

drewmar74
10-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Expect at least ONE photo of Carr laying on the ground in the fetal position in the papers tomorrow.:gun:

I hope Gore is ready to start catching a buttload of passes.

brakos82
10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
They said they wanted him..... now what? :lol:

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Carr throws a pick in a 20-20 tie in the 4th quarter. Some things never change.

Ryan
10-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Throws a pick with under 1 min and a half left which will set up a potential Carolina Panthers winning drive.

Wolf
10-24-2010, 04:23 PM
5 of 13 for 67 yards, 1 sack and 1 pick.. qb rating that is 23

Goatcheese
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Leave Mittens alone! Leave him alone!!! :spin:

SheTexan
10-24-2010, 04:30 PM
My FF team went to crap! NO, I did not have DC, but, I had to play AS due to freaking bye wk. There goes my undefeated season. gurrrrrrr!!!!:aggressive:

b0ng
10-24-2010, 04:43 PM

WE WANT CARR
WE WANT CARR
WE WANT CARR

lmfao

Mr teX
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
yep...definitely be careful what you wish for..

Dishman
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM

Hard to believe the Texans hung onto him for so long.

thunderkyss
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Let it go guys.

It's pretty sad really.

Showtime100
10-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Let it go guys.

It's pretty sad really. :this:

:peek: <--I had to add something in this box.

FirstTexansFan
10-24-2010, 08:48 PM
All of you know if he just had a bit more protection from his offensive line, he'd show you guys a thing or two :sarcasm :)

Dwade
10-25-2010, 01:01 AM
WE WANT CARR

...not anymore

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=105921

Spled
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Lol at this comment from the niners board -
"carr throws like alex they might be sisters"

False Start
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/a8/fullj.134aa8e47f96c68d9f99981f074b02f6/76d4e15c5fd4423b95abbba48e645d21.jpg

:heh:

Goldensilence
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I expected a thread full of lololol when I opened this thread or at least a leave Carr alone brittany reference.

I think this is one of the few times a Carr thread hasn't disappointed!
:texanbill:

brakos82
10-25-2010, 05:51 PM
I expected a thread full of lololol when I opened this thread or at least a leave Carr alone brittany reference.

I think this is one of the few times Carr hasn't disappointed!
:texanbill:

Fixed.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2010, 08:26 PM
They said they wanted him..... now what? :lol:

Hell, I think we found the one thing that's NOT better than Vista! :texanbill:

DexmanC
10-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Give David "Ashton Kutcher from That 70's Show" Carr a week of
practice, and San Fran'll get her (his) man.

TimeKiller
10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Our team drafted this guy #1 overall.

How much fun do we really get to poke?

OH YEAH.

ALL THE ****ING FUN WE WANT TO POKE BECAUSE DAVID ****ING CARR NEVER PROVIDED A SINGLE MOMENT OF FUN WHILE HE WAS HERE COLLECTING BIG, STINKING CHECKS.

David Carr sucks like a Hoover in a Hurricane.

10-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Let it go guys.

It's pretty sad really.

what do you expect? he was our first ever pick. you won't stop hearing about him here until after he retires.

texanmojo
10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
And he sucks as a backup too...

Alex Smith was injured on a sack in the third quarter of last Sunday's 23-20 loss to the Carolina Panthers. David Carr replaced him, but was passed over for this weekend's game.

"I talked to David Carr about it. He understands," Singletary said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/7265881.html

Goatcheese
10-27-2010, 08:05 AM
How that conversation probably went:

Mike: David we're starting a guy nobody has ever heard of instead of you because you are just terrible.
David: I know, and I understand.
Mike: You're ok with that?
David: Yeah, will my paycheck be attached to my clipboard as usual?
Mike: We pay you?

ensign_lee
10-27-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ba772c/article/changing-of-the-smiths-at-49ers-qb-troy-replaces-injured-alex?module=HP_headlines

Holy crap. Couldn't even hang on to the starting job for 1 game?! Damn.

BigBull17
10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
How that conversation probably went:

Mike: David we're starting a guy nobody has ever heard of instead of you because you are just terrible.
David: I know, and I understand.
Mike: You're ok with that?
David: Yeah, will my paycheck be attached to my clipboard as usual?
Mike: We pay you?

Well done sir. Well done indeed. Passed over for Troy Smith. How the mighty have fallen.

Grams
10-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Our team drafted this guy #1 overall.

How much fun do we really get to poke?

OH YEAH.

ALL THE ****ING FUN WE WANT TO POKE BECAUSE DAVID ****ING CARR NEVER PROVIDED A SINGLE MOMENT OF FUN WHILE HE WAS HERE COLLECTING BIG, STINKING CHECKS.

David Carr sucks like a Hoover in a Hurricane.

I agree, however he did help with the first win in Texans history over the Cowboys.

gtexan02
10-27-2010, 09:22 AM
"I talked to David Carr about it. He understands," Singletary said.

Im sure this means

"I told David he was the starter and he immediately went into the fetal position and begged me to let him stay the backup"

I just remember hearing the first time he left saying how much he was looking forward to being a backup for a while, and actively passing up starting gigs.

The funny thing is, he seems to be a curse for whatever team he is on. The starter always seems to go down

silvrhand
10-27-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ba772c/article/changing-of-the-smiths-at-49ers-qb-troy-replaces-injured-alex?module=HP_headlines

Holy crap. Couldn't even hang on to the starting job for 1 game?! Damn.

I loved me some Mike Singletary back in the day but damn Mike you got to let people work through their problems not yank them out. Mike is done after this year, you can't keep jacking with all the players EGO's all the time.

infantrycak
10-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I loved me some Mike Singletary back in the day but damn Mike you got to let people work through their problems not yank them out. Mike is done after this year, you can't keep jacking with all the players EGO's all the time.

Yeah. [Disclaimer - this comment has nothing to do specifically with HWWNBN]

Seems like poor coaching to me to go through training camp and 7 weeks of the season with a depth chart and then chuck it after half a game particularly on a QB. Jon Kitna was throwing miserably for a good stretch of the Giants game. Takes a while for a QB getting minimal snaps to get acclimated.

HOU-TEX
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah. [Disclaimer - this comment has nothing to do specifically with HWWNBN]

Seems like poor coaching to me to go through training camp and 7 weeks of the season with a depth chart and then chuck it after half a game particularly on a QB. Jon Kitna was throwing miserably for a good stretch of the Giants game. Takes a while for a QB getting minimal snaps to get acclimated.

Yeah, I think Mike might be reaching in hopes to find something, or somebody to rescue his job. True signs of a desperate coach.

Texan4Ever
10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I think Carr is done, mentally and physically. Who can blame him? He got thrust into the starting role of a franchise that lacked talent and book end tackles (not our fault, Jaxy screwed us over).

Not to mention he got sacked every other play during his tenure here, but that's all in the past.

infantrycak
10-27-2010, 01:44 PM
(not our fault, Jaxy screwed us over).

Blame the league for that. Willie Roaf and Boselli were put up for the expansion draft. Both were coming off injuries. The league had independent medical exams and rejected Roaf but accepted Boselli. Roaf was then traded and went on to four or five more pro-bowl seasons.

Kaiser Toro
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Blame the league for that. Willie Roaf and Boselli were put up for the expansion draft. Both were coming off injuries. The league had independent medical exams and rejected Roaf but accepted Boselli. Roaf was then traded and went on to four or five more pro-bowl seasons.

Ugh, I hate it when you remind me of the sordid history this franchise has.

Making it to the playoffs in ten years, after the cards dealt and played prior to Kubiak, is a great story line that needs to be told, if we make it.

Dutchrudder
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
What is HWWNBN?

Section516
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
What is HWWNBN?

He Who Will Not Be Named is my guess, but don't quote me

Kaiser Toro
10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
He Who Will Not Be Named is my guess, but don't quote me

Correct, also known as the Fresno Flop, Cavid Darr and the Hair.

Second Honeymoon
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Hard to believe the Texans hung onto him for so long.

not really. half the fanbase blamed the OL or coaching or whatever excuse du jour up until he was traded. after all, he beat our 'rival' the Cowboys and he was a 'good kid'.

the guy was a pile of warmed over garbage and he never cared about any of the fans, his teammate, or the responsibility he had as the 'franchise' QB. those of us who were realistic and honest with ourselves saw what a pile of crap the guy was from just about Year 2 on.

but many of the Texans fans were too busy burying their head in the sand to accurately assess blame. the shame is that his poor play ruined some pretty good teams we had early, especially our defensive efforts. But we fired Capers because it was his fault. And we hired Kubiak to fix him, because he needed the job he agreed to work with Carr, and Kubiak admitted that Carr sucked once he got the job and saw what a pile of runny manure Carr was.

I am still bitter over all of this because us holding onto him retarded the growth of our franchise and put a stinky stain that has yet to come off this franchise.

props to all of those that were honest about Carr's sorry sorry act.

HOU-TEX
10-27-2010, 02:33 PM

Yup, cameramen and cheerlearders dive for cover when his name is mentioned.

Second Honeymoon
10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
in related news, Mike Singletary has named Troy Smith as the starter for their upcoming game in London. The 'David Carr Era' lasted about a half for San Francisco.

When you are getting kept on the bench by the likes of Mike Moore, Troy Smith, and Alex Smith, you should just get over yourself and quit.

Please, Please, Please do not let David Carr get in a analyst position or get on my TV talking about football. We already got enough dumbasses in that position, such as Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino.

Hookem Horns
10-27-2010, 04:09 PM
in related news, Mike Singletary has named Troy Smith as the starter for their upcoming game in London. The 'David Carr Era' lasted about a half for San Francisco.

When you are getting kept on the bench by the likes of Mike Moore, Troy Smith, and Alex Smith, you should just get over yourself and quit.

Please, Please, Please do not let David Carr get in a analyst position or get on my TV talking about football. We already got enough dumbasses in that position, such as Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino.

Carr was initially named the starter however Singletary changed his mine after he saw an interview with Carr. Here is how it went down.

Interviewer: "So David, this team is 1-6 going into the game in London vs the Broncos. You have been named the starter. Considering you are 1-6 do you feel if you guys are going to turn this season around that this is a MUST win game?"

Carr: "I wouldn't say it is a MUST win game however it is a MUST play well game. I learned early in my career at Houston under Dom Capers that it is not alway about winning, it's about effort. If we put forth a good effort and play well no matter the outcome we should feel good about ourselves."

Singletary picks up the phone and calls Troy Smith after seeing this on TV .... "Troy, we're 1-6. If we have ANY shot at turning our season around this year do you think we MUST start on Sunday by beating the Broncos?"

Troy: "Coach, if we fall to 1-7 I would tell you to start preparing for next year's draft however that might be a waste of time because I don't think you and many of us will be here next season".

Singletary: "If you start on Sunday, put forth a good effort, have good stats, yet we still lose are you going to feel good about yourself?"

Troy: "Hell no coach, stats and efforts don't count for nuttin in the standings. The game is about winning and very little losing. Coach, I didn't graduate from Fresno State, I went to a real football school."

Singletary: "Get ready, you are starting on Sunday."

thunderkyss
10-27-2010, 10:46 PM
not really. half the fanbase blamed the OL or coaching or whatever excuse du jour up until he was traded. after all, he beat our 'rival' the Cowboys and he was a 'good kid'.

those of us who were realistic and honest with ourselves saw what a pile of crap the guy was from just about Year 2 on.

I think it was somewhere in year 2, that DC learned he could do whatever, & everyone would blame someone else. I think the offense was still pretty bad then, Andre... though you could see the potential, wasn't "money" the way he is now.

But I believe it was year two, when I started thinking, "sooner or later the kids got to learn to beat the blitz." I also wondered why he was never pulled just for his own protection.

The end of year three, was when I pretty much wrote him off as a lost cause.

But we fired Capers because it was his fault. And we hired Kubiak to fix him, because he needed the job he agreed to work with Carr, and Kubiak admitted that Carr sucked once he got the job and saw what a pile of runny manure Carr was.

I definitely didn't agree with firing Capers, definitely didn't agree with firing him before Casserly. The players we got & the money we were paying them.... I knew something was wrong with this organization.

I've never taken to calling DC names, or trying to demean him the way some people do. He's a person too, & it's not like he picked himself to be the #1 overall & the Texans first pick ever. He was (& probably still is) one tough S.O.B., just never really desired to be great. I remember his first two years, & was extremely happy with him. He was a gunslinger & wanted to win. Somewhere along the way, winning seemed to have dropped substantially on his priority list.

I've got no respect for that, if you're just here (or there, or whereever) just to collect a pay-check, I've got no love for ya. & If he can't stick with a team as a back-up...... How long has Charlie Batch been in the league? or heck Bruce Gradkowski...

I am still bitter over all of this because us holding onto him retarded the growth of our franchise and put a stinky stain that has yet to come off this franchise.

Well, I'll say this. The team usually takes form of it's leadership. & it's obvious (to me anyway) that we were running a club med for has beens & never was...... I blame Casserly, Capers (so I guess I don't really mind firing him), McNair (the most), and yes Carr. However, I acknowledge as a young punk, Carr was "thrown" into a situation he never should have been in.

props to all of those that were honest about Carr's sorry sorry act.

It's like today. Our team isn't playing very well, but....... we know they can play better. We've seen it. We saw it last year, & though it seems eons ago, it was only a few months. & we've seen spurts through 4 of 6 games.

It's like Kris Brown. How do you know when your funk isn't just a funk?

thunderkyss
10-27-2010, 10:53 PM

He's probably still a hero in the Fresno area. He could probably do good up there. He's too pretty for Radio, so he'll probably follow the college games on TV.

TexansBull
10-27-2010, 11:09 PM
He's probably still a hero in the Fresno area. He could probably do good up there. He's too pretty for Radio, so he'll probably follow the college games on TV.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/think_of_the_children_186.jpg

brakos82
10-27-2010, 11:18 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/think_of_the_children_186.jpg

Please, california's already screwed up enough as is.

El Tejano
10-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Troy Smith is going to take that starting job and never look back.

HOU-TEX
10-29-2010, 10:23 AM

That's because there's nobody behind him

Texan_Bill
10-29-2010, 10:24 AM
That's because there's nobody behind him

:spit: Right!!

Double Barrel
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I definitely didn't agree with firing Capers...

Even after 2-14? :mcnugget:

silvrhand
10-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I think Carr is done, mentally and physically. Who can blame him? He got thrust into the starting role of a franchise that lacked talent and book end tackles (not our fault, Jaxy screwed us over).

Not to mention he got sacked every other play during his tenure here, but that's all in the past.

Yah I guess I'm not sure of why all the hatred, the guy got crushed his first year this isn't the first QB to ever go through that type of punishment and come out ruined.

Troy Aikman
Jim Everett

that are two pretty prolific QB's that at the end of their career would fold up like a harmonica if anyone got near them and they took nowhere near the hits Carr did for a couple years.

*shrug*

Texan4Ever
10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Yah I guess I'm not sure of why all the hatred, the guy got crushed his first year this isn't the first QB to ever go through that type of punishment and come out ruined.

Troy Aikman
Jim Everett

that are two pretty prolific QB's that at the end of their career would fold up like a harmonica if anyone got near them and they took nowhere near the hits Carr did for a couple years.

*shrug*

I understand not liking the guy because he was our first overall pick and a bust but we have to realize that maybe DC was not the best option for us. Matt Schaub did okay behind a poor offensive line and DC didn't.

There are teams with solid offensive lines and the QB still sucks and there are QBs with horrible offensive lines that can still make plays one way or another.

DC is not one of them...

:texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
10-29-2010, 10:59 AM
B movie actor .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VrkU37obI&feature=related

Texan_Bill
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
B movie actor .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VrkU37obI&feature=related

Roger and "bangin' hair guy" were tight! And just to get a little kinky add in Andy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WozvcF756DM&feature=related

Honoring Earl 34
10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Roger and "bangin' hair guy" were tight! And just to get a little kinky add in Andy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WozvcF756DM&feature=related

Watch the back to cali video and you realize , they were in their own little world .

Hookem Horns
10-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Sure, the Texans did not have a great O line during Carr's tenure here however Carr made them look worse than they were. He makes good lines look bad and often sacks himself by panicking in the pocket, holding on to the ball too long, and his infamous running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage routine.

Even during garbage time with the Giants he would look like he was running for his life, where Eli would stand behind that same line and produce.

In Carolina it was worse, he made that line look worse than the one he had here in Houston. If you did not know the game or Carr you would have thought their line was horrible because all you saw was him getting sacked or running for his life.

Double Barrel
10-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I think Carr would have had the same arrogance and lack of attention to the game anywhere he was drafted, so the best he could've been under the right guidance would've been something like a Trent Dilfer (one of Carr's good friends, btw).

That being said, the Texans didn't do him any favors by starting him behind a very sub-par offensive line. That experience probably crushed any potential the guy had, and coupled with his piss-poor work ethic and big ego, it was a recipe for disaster.

Honoring Earl 34
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Sure, the Texans did not have a great O line during Carr's tenure here however Carr made them look worse than they were. He makes good lines look bad and often sacks himself by panicking in the pocket, holding on to the ball too long, and his infamous running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage routine.

Even during garbage time with the Giants he would look like he was running for his life, where Eli would stand behind that same line and produce.

In Carolina it was worse, he made that line look worse than the one he had here in Houston. If you did not know the game or Carr you would have thought their line was horrible because all you saw was him getting sacked or running for his life.

I thought he was more concerned with his stats than what's best for the team . His advisors maybe convinced him that he didn't want an incompletion even if it was the smart thing to do . If you look at his Fresno speech before he got his jersey retired , he blamed the Texans and was glad to have a real team in the Panthers .

I couldn't be a full fledged Texan fan while Carr was here because it was like planting tomatoes in the desert , no matter how much you hoped , they're not going to grow .

That being said, the Texans didn't do him any favors by starting him behind a very sub-par offensive line. That experience probably crushed any potential the guy had, and coupled with his piss-poor work ethic and big ego, it was a recipe for disaster.

It's funny because the Texans called him mature when they drafted him . He was a fifth year senior who was married with a son but was extremely naive I guess the dude was sheltered . He got married as a sophmore because he was lonely . I wonder if Tom Brady was lonely at Michican ?

gtexan02
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Dont forget Mr. Mittens

Texan_Bill
10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Watch the back to cali video and you realize , they were in their own little world .

Yeah, I watched that too! :rolleyes:

Mr. White
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Wow, now I know what Hulk75, QB75, and Caddy look like.

Honoring Earl 34
10-29-2010, 12:57 PM

Yes you do .

Double Barrel
10-29-2010, 01:37 PM

There's some names I haven't heard in awhile.

thunderkyss
10-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Even after 2-14? :mcnugget:

I understand it, don't get me wrong. I don't agree with the way we made it look like everything was his fault.

Casserly should have been publicly tarred & feathered IMHO. Capers should have had the gnads to say, "I'm down with the boy scout image Bob, really, I am. But this kid ain't got it."

Or convinced McNair that he was sitting Carr to "protect" him.

But he did neither, & kept putting players our there, who were over their heads. A couple on the OL, DL, Safety. ''

If Capers was truly the problem, you'd have thought more of his players would be here today... more would be in the league. Since those players are few, & far between, & only 1 of 5 first round picks is truly a star in this league, I think Casserly got off easy...... way too easy.

thunderkyss
10-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Troy Aikman
Jim Everett

*shrug*

Harmonicas fold??
:shrug:

thunderkyss
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I think Carr would have had the same arrogance and lack of attention to the game anywhere he was drafted, so the best he could've been under the right guidance would've been something like a Trent Dilfer (one of Carr's good friends, btw).

That's what I think happened to him. Well, not that they started him, but they kept throwing him out there.

I thought he was a winner in 2002, & he was going to do whatever he had to do, to win. I'm sure there were many times that year, when someone would tell him, "That's ok David, that wasn't your fault." & it probably wasn't.

Eventually, when it became his fault, someone should have told him. Even if it wasn't his fault, someone should have said, "Dave..... it's year three, you've got to be able to beat that." or "It's year three, it doesn't matter whose fault it is..... point is that you didn't win in that situation, you gave up, fell to the ground & curled up like a baby. This is football dude, you can't do that... not at this level."

infantrycak
10-29-2010, 04:46 PM
If Capers was truly the problem

They were both the problem. Capers is a guru in what? - defense. And yet the Texans D sucked throughout his tenure. Instead of using his expertise he just turned things over to Fangio. So he sticks all his D knowledge in his pocket and starts over controlling the offense. Contrast that to Kubiak who has at least built a great unit within his area of expertise.

thunderkyss
10-29-2010, 04:55 PM
They were both the problem.

I agree... Just saying Casserly should have gone with/before him. There should have been no doubt "how much" accountability was being dished out to him.

Double Barrel
10-29-2010, 05:40 PM
They were both the problem. Capers is a guru in what? - defense. And yet the Texans D sucked throughout his tenure. Instead of using his expertise he just turned things over to Fangio. So he sticks all his D knowledge in his pocket and starts over controlling the offense. Contrast that to Kubiak who has at least built a great unit within his area of expertise.

I thought the first year they had the 10th ranked defense, which was decent all things considered.

infantrycak
10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
I thought the first year they had the 10th ranked defense, which was decent all things considered.

They were 16th on yards and 20th on points. They blew their expansion wad on Walker, Sharper, Wong, Glenn, Foreman, Coleman, etc. That D got some stat benefit from the fact you only had to gain 200 yds and 14 points to beat us anyway.

Norg
10-31-2010, 12:00 AM
i thought carr went to Virgina or was that Matt ?????

Rey
10-31-2010, 12:27 AM
i thought carr went to Virgina or was that Matt ?????

Matt.

Carr went to Fresno.