PDA

View Full Version : Pick 6 Wins

dream_team
10-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Despite a good 4-2 start, it will still be VERY difficult for the Texans to make the playoffs unfortunately. It will be a close race all season with the Titans & Colts for the division. Then there will be the Patriots, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, and Chiefs all fighting for the two wild-card spots. (assuming Chargers, Steelers, Jets win their division). I think the Texans will need at least 10 wins to even be in consideration. So looking at the schedule, do you see 6 wins?

@Colts - to say the Texans will sweep the Colts this season sounds crazy! but with all of their injuries, it doesn't sound too crazy right now.

Chargers - their record isn't good, but they have the #1 defense & offense in the league. it would be a big plus if Gates & Floyd aren't available in this game.

@Jags - a must win! we always struggle against the Jags, but we have to beat lesser teams.

@Jets - in my opinion, the toughest game on the remaining schedule. at least we won't have to see Kris Jenkins.

Titans - if the Texans can stop their pass rush, we should win this game. i think we need at least a split against the Tits.

@Eagles - will be an extremely tough game. the offense will need to score 40 points in order to win.

Ravens - IMO, the best team in the NFL.

@Titans - see previous comment.

@Broncos - a much improved team, and the secondary will struggle against their passing game. but this is a must-win against a lesser team.

Jags - see previous comment.

So in my opinion, the Texans MUST take the two Jags games, split the Titans at least, and beat the Broncos. This means they must win two more games against top-notch teams. With all of their injuries, I think we need to take care of the Colts next week. If we can sweep the Titans as well, then it looks very good for us to take the division. If we can win one of the games against the Chargers, Jets, Eagles, or Ravens... I think that would be huge!

TheRealJoker
10-24-2010, 01:03 PM
The Chargers are a top notch team? They lost to the Raiders and Rams...

dream_team
10-24-2010, 01:06 PM
The Chargers are a top notch team? They lost to the Raiders and Rams...

valid argument. but for some reason, they always start slow? they are statistically the #1 ranked team on both offense and defense. so yes, IMO, i still consider them a top-notch team.

TheMatrix31
10-24-2010, 01:09 PM
We can win any of those games, and lose any of them.

Chargers, Jags games, one of the Titans games, the Jets game, and the Broncos game.

JB
10-24-2010, 01:17 PM
valid argument. but for some reason, they always start slow? they are statistically the #1 ranked team on both offense and defense. so yes, IMO, i still consider them a top-notch team.

San Diego is 5th in scoring offense and 19th in scoring defense.

And -3 in turnovers

tedr
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
"We can win any of those games, and lose any of them..."

Absolutely true.

This team is impossible to read. I thought they'd beat the Cowboys and Giants, and I really didn't think they'd come back after getting down against the Chiefs.

I just plan to enjoy the rest of the season, cheer them when they do well, and say "we'll get them next week" when they lose. Otherwise, I'd go crazy.

DerekLee1
10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Pessimist. We're good enough to win every single one of those games. And don't forget - our division rivals play basically the same schedule as we do, so it's just as tough for them.

Colts: Texans, @Eagles, Bengals, @Patriots, Chargers, cowboys, @Titans, Jaguars, @Raiders, Titans

Titans: @Chargers, @Dolphins, Redskins, @Texans, Jaguars, Colts, Texans, @Chiefs, @Colts

Dwade
10-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Jags, Broncos, Jags...I hope more but that's all I see us winning

:gun:

GuerillaBlack
10-24-2010, 10:47 PM
The Texans are going to wreck shop and bust some heads after the bye. I'm calling it. :)

Hagar
10-25-2010, 02:01 AM
@Colts - Beat Manning in his own building after the bye week for both teams. L 4-3

Chargers - Chargers are in disaray. W 5-3

@Jags - Jacksonville beat the Colt at home, I think we'll win, but this is by no means a gimme. W 6-3

@Jets - Jets are too strong for this weak, finesse team. L 6-4

Titans - I hate to say this, but the Titans are looking pretty good these days. L 6-5

@Eagles - This should be an interesting game. The Eagles are as schizoid as we are these day. Our offense pulls us out of another one. W 7-5

Ravens - This one could be ugly. L 7-6

@Titans - Beat the Titans @ Tennessee, I doubt it. L 8-6

@Broncos - Oh, come on, they lost big to the Raiders. W 9-6

Jags - At home, need to win it. Jags should be lame ducks by then so I'll give us a win. W 10-6

Lucky
10-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Ravens - This one could be ugly. L 7-6

@Titans - Beat the Titans @ Tennessee, I doubt it. L 8-6

@Broncos - Oh, come on, they lost big to the Raiders. W 9-6

Jags - At home, need to win it. Jags should be lame ducks by then so I'll give us a win. W 10-6
Shouldn't that be 7-7? Which would make the Texans 9-7, under your scenario.

El Tejano
10-25-2010, 08:42 AM
We can win any of those games, and lose any of them.

Chargers, Jags games, one of the Titans games, the Jets game, and the Broncos game.

I'm going to substitute your Jets game for the Ravens game, and also add the Indy game this week.

IDEXAN
10-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Here's the deal, if i was a religous person in the traditional sense of the term I'd probably prey the Texans make the playoffs this year. I know I really hope they make the playoffs BUT - I'm afraid it's easier for me to pick 6 losses than 6 wins and it's almost surely gonna take 6 (or more) wins in the remaining games to get to post-season. Sorry, I hope very much I'm wrong about this ?

Buffi2
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
If there is anything I've learned about the Texans under Kubiak is that you can't predict what they are going to do from one quarter to the next much less an entire game.

There is one thing that remains relatively consistent - we get better toward the end of the season. With that in mind, I'm thinking we make the playoffs with a last few games surge which includes beating the Titans in their house. I don't think we will beat them in ours.

We'll go 10-6 but I'm not about to try and guess which of the remaining games we will win. It depends too much upon the "mood" of the team.

HuttoKarl
10-25-2010, 09:54 AM
@Colts

Chargers

@Jags

Titans

@Eagles

@Titans

@Broncos

Jags

There...We'll win 8 more.

GuerillaBlack
10-25-2010, 10:10 AM
If there is anything I've learned about the Texans under Kubiak is that you can't predict what they are going to do from one quarter to the next much less an entire game.

There is one thing that remains relatively consistent - we get better toward the end of the season. With that in mind, I'm thinking we make the playoffs with a last few games surge which includes beating the Titans in their house. I don't think we will beat them in ours.

We'll go 10-6 but I'm not about to try and guess which of the remaining games we will win. It depends too much upon the "mood" of the team.

And this is a constant trend that a lot of fans have forgotten about. Ever since Kubiak has gotten here, the Texans do better as the season goes on. The problem was getting a good cushion at the beginning of the season.

Hagar
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Shouldn't that be 7-7? Which would make the Texans 9-7, under your scenario.

Well crud, I wasn't drinking the other day and I still miscounted :drunk:

Hervoyel
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
This year the good teams and bad teams seem to switch places every two weeks. Looking at what dream team posted at the top I think 6 wins is easy... or impossible.

Ask me again tomorrow and my answer will probably be "I think 6 wins is impossible... or easy".

It really does change every week for me.

@Colts - I expect a win. They're dropping like flies and if we can't beat them without all these pieces then we're never going to win a game in Indianapolis ever.

Chargers - One of those teams I fear but their record says I shouldn't. We should follow a road win at Indy (if w get one) with a big home crowd and a lot of momentum. If we win at Indy this has to be a win too. After all this will be the most important game in Texans history right?

@Jags - We have to at least split with the Jaguars this year. There's no excuse not to. A sweep at the hands of Jacksonville will be a terrible blow to our season. I have no feel for where this win will take place but we have to at least split with them. Call this a loss.

@Jets - We almost certainly lose this.

Titans - To have a shot at the division we must also split with Tennessee so I think we stop the two game skid here and beat the Titans at our house. For once Vince Young leaves Reliant with his head hanging.

@Eagles - The Eagles are like the Chargers in that you don't know what's going to happen. Capable of being beaten by us (even in Phily) but also capable of killing us if we don't show up entirely in business mode. I think we win here for some reason.

Ravens - Try as I might I can't see us winning this game. I'll be amazed if it happens but I think it's a loss.

@Titans - We probably lose this one, particularly if we can win the one at home.

@Broncos - The Broncos are fading fast and are going to fall apart before the season is up. We win this game I believe.

Jags - We have to win this one at home to end on a winning note and to earn our 10th victory.

That's this weeks version.

JWarren14
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
@ Indy - we will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, but we have injuries now as does Indy. If we can control the clock again and get even slightly better against the pass we should win this game. This Indy team is the Indy team of old, but Manning can win any game. W-1

vs San Diego - I really can't understand this team. They are good on both sides of the ball, their defense is really good. For whatever reason they just can't stop making boneheaded plays. Looking at our current home form this looks like a loss.

@ Jacksonville - their passing D is as bad as ours, they may have just lost their RT for the year which is a big blow. They aren't great at passing the ball. We should make enough plays on offense to win by 2 scores. W-2

@ NYJ - This team owned us last year at home, and now have a HOF running back who is showing fresh legs and still has one of the best defenses in the league. Can't see us winning this game.

vs Tennessee - This is a toss up. All of a sudden Kenny Britt looks like the real deal and they still have Chris Johnson, you can no longer put 8 in the box and just look to shut down CJ. Their defense is much improved from last season (thanks to Jason Babin?). We shut down VY and pull out the W. W-3

@ Philly - Coming off 3 tough games on a short week we go on the road and get blown out against Vick and the Iggles.

vs Baltimore - This team isn't great against the pass (Ryan Fitzpatrick?) and can be exposed through the air. Schaub has a career day and we pull out a W. W -4

@ Tennessee - After a physical MNF game we go on the road to face another physical team and lose on a last minute Bironas 59 yard field goal.

@ Denver - Kubiak goes back to a city who respects him and after 21 unanswered points the crowd starts cheering for the Texans as the Broncos now refer to themselves as Broncos North. W-5

vs Jacksonville - We need to win this game to clinch the division and pull out everything to win on a last minute Rackers field goal. W-6

Yeahhhhhh!

Blake
10-25-2010, 04:16 PM
So looking at the schedule, do you see 6 wins?

No.

:hides:

cdollaz
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
We SHOULD beat the Jags both times and split with Tennessee. That's 3.

At that point in the season, the Broncos should be a given unless we are already out of the race. Win 4.

The Eagles have shown flashes, but that is one of the easiest games on the schedule, so I'll go with that for win 5.

As for the rest, if we are a true playoff team, we should be able to nut up and win one of those other 4, even though we may not be favored to win any of them (other than the Chargers). To me, San Diego is a trap game, like Dallas. We are looking at the record more than the team and what their strengths are. We thought that, at 0-2, Dallas would have been a fairly certain win, and we got embarrassed. And, although, San Diego's record isn't stellar, they have been losing in some part because of some crazy stuff and one would assume that that type of thing can't happen in every game. Plus, with what our defense has shown, Rivers will be looking forward to this one.

We will probably lose 1 that we shouldn't lose, so that means we may have to win 2 of the above 4 games, or sweep Tennessee. I'm not sure if we can do either of those.

DexmanC
10-26-2010, 12:06 AM
And this is a constant trend that a lot of fans have forgotten about. Ever since Kubiak has gotten here, the Texans do better as the season goes on. The problem was getting a good cushion at the beginning of the season.

If you examine their "late season wins" further, the vast majority came
from struggling teams. This year, the "late season" schedule is loaded
with ELITE teams. They've never had to play this much heavy competition
late in ANY of Kubiak's seasons, and the few good teams they played, they lost.

That's why I say the first twelve games are the most important. They've
gotta win AT LEAST four of the next six games.

JB
10-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Pbbbttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

mokalus
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I love a Cowboys loss as much as any other true Houstonian, but was anybody else impressed with the Giants yesterday as much as I was? I think they have the best WR core in the NFL. It just upsets me that they chose week 5 to turn their season around after already losing to the Colts and the Titans.

Big Lou
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
I say we beat:

Indy on 11/1
San Diego 11/7
Jags 11/14
Philly 12/2
Tacks 12/19
Broncos 12/26

We'll see!!!!!

Texan_Touchdown
10-27-2010, 05:33 PM
IMO,

Texans win against the Colts.

Beat the Jags. split Titans. Lose second game. bounce back for the 2 game win streak beating the broncos and jags.

Win against the Chargers. Overrated in my opinion.

Lose Ravens.

Lose Jets.

*Surprise* beat the Eagles.

Raf
10-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I really believe 10 total wins get you a great spot in front of the living room TV to catch the playoffs, not play in it. This year just seems as though anything under 11 wins and no cigar.

Ole Miss Texan
10-27-2010, 06:18 PM
The 6 most likely wins for us, in my opinion, are as follows:

@IND
SD
@JAC
TEN
@DEN
JAC

This would put us sweeping the Jags and Colts, and splitting the Titans.

Records against:
AFC South: 5-1
AFC Conference: 9-3
NFC Conference: 1-3
Overall: 10-6

I think the Titans have just as much of a chance sweeping the Jags and Colts as we do. They have 5 remaining games against Division opponents which gives them 4 wins and 1 loss. There's a 9-3 record with 4 games remaining aginst SD, MIA, KC and WAS. They would have to lose to SD, KC and WAS and beat MIA.

Division winner is overall record. Tie breaker is: (i) head to head (ii) division record (iii) common games record (iv) conference record.

We'd both be 10-6 overall, 1-1 head to head, 5-1 within the division, 9-3 among common games. But we'd be 9-3 in Conference play while they would be 7-5.

JCTexan
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
@Indy
SD
@Jac
Ten
@Den
Jac

There's six winnable games right there. The Baltimore & New York games will be tough games against teams we usually struggle against, but that Baltimore game is going to be a Monday Night game in Houston, so I wouldn't ride that game off as a loss yet. Jacksonville, Denver & San Diego haven't impressed me yet this year, so hopefully that will be four wins for Houston. Weeks eleven through fifteen scare me, but if they can win two of those games they could end up being 11-5 if they win the rest of their games.

Maybe I'm too optimistic?

drs23
10-28-2010, 03:36 PM
@Indy
SD
@Jac
Ten
@Den
Jac

There's six winnable games right there. The Baltimore & New York games will be tough games against teams we usually struggle against, but that Baltimore game is going to be a Monday Night game in Houston, so I wouldn't ride that game off as a loss yet. Jacksonville, Denver & San Diego haven't impressed me yet this year, so hopefully that will be four wins for Houston. Weeks eleven through fifteen scare me, but if they can win two of those games they could end up being 11-5 if they win the rest of their games.

Maybe I'm too optimistic?

I don't think so. But many will think we both are because I'm not going to just roll over at this point and say we can't play with the Ravens in our house on MNF. As mentioned in another post, I think this team can play with any team on any field on any given day. Of course, I follow that with "which" team shows up. I just am of the opinion that we are watching this team blossom. We'll see on November 1st.:texflag:

JCTexan
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't think so. But many will think we both are because I'm not going to just roll over at this point and say we can't play with the Ravens in our house on MNF. As mentioned in another post, I think this team can play with any team on any field on any given day. Of course, I follow that with "which" team shows up. I just am of the opinion that we are watching this team blossom. We'll see on November 1st.:texflag:

Another thing to point out with the MNF game against Baltimore: Houston will have ten days off leading up to that game since they play Philadelphia the week before on Thursday, and Baltimore will play the Steelers on Sunday night the week before. The long week off could help Houston play a physical Baltimore team, and playing a tough Steeler team the week before could possibly hurt the Ravens.