PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Thread: Bye Week vx. Texans

Ryan
10-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I couldn't resist. :kubepalm:

GuerillaBlack
10-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I really hate Bye weeks. My Sunday routine is off now that the Texans aren't playing.

Ryan
10-24-2010, 10:53 AM
I really hate Bye weeks. My Sunday routine is off now that the Texans aren't playing.

Agreed, but it is MUCH less stressful.

mattieuk
10-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Boo! You beat me to it!

As a result of todays bye week, my Sunday will include 75% less beer, 90% less cursing and a nice trip to the coast to get some fish.

And I hate it! :aggressive:

BSofA04
10-24-2010, 11:37 AM
I started the Bye Week in my fantasy football. Expecting a monster game against our secondary.

NitroGSXR
10-24-2010, 11:41 AM
The worst part of it all... we don't even play next Sunday either!!!! Just like last year!

BYE weeks are brutal. Worse than the offseason, really. Cold turkey DURING the season? GAH!!!

ChrisG
10-24-2010, 01:26 PM
My routine is all off..rooting for for kc and phi today!

Ryan
10-24-2010, 01:27 PM
We're playing terribly today. 14-0 bye week :kitten:

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 01:27 PM
At least we can root against the Tacks and Jags for now.

Ryan
10-24-2010, 01:28 PM
It's almost like we didn't even show up. :wadepalm:

Brandon420tx
10-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't see AJ on the field at all, is he ok?

Malloy
10-24-2010, 01:39 PM
The worst part of it all... we don't even play next Sunday either!!!! Just like last year!

BYE weeks are brutal. Worse than the offseason, really. Cold turkey DURING the season? GAH!!!

Spot on, screw bye-weeks, increase the roster, play more games... all year long :)

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't understand why Arian isn't on the field today. Did he miss another meeting?

GuerillaBlack
10-24-2010, 01:45 PM
And, once again, our pass rush and secondary are invisible today.

C Madd
10-24-2010, 01:45 PM
These announcers are terrible. They're not even talking about the Texans!

Nawzer
10-24-2010, 01:51 PM
We have a bye week, but we also get an extra day to get ready for the Colts for our MNF showdown. Unfortunately, the Colts and primarily Peyton Manning gets even more time to prepare for us. Should be a good one.

awtysst
10-24-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't know what game yall are watching, but the Texans Defense looks like it has FINALLY come together. They haven't given up any points thus far and have held the woesome Bye offense to a goose egg.

Sadly our vaunted Offense has equally been held to a goose egg thus far.

At this rate, we may seem OT.

Big Lou
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Spot on, screw bye-weeks, increase the roster, play more games... all year long :)

Aaaaggghhh! Blasphemy, I don't want watered down crap ball. 16 games is plenty, with two more games the Superbowl will be played by 3rd stringers!!!!!

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 03:11 PM
I suspect "Bye Week" will turn the ball over 7 times and stink in the red zone when they next face the Titans.

HJam72
10-24-2010, 03:14 PM
The Titans are about to overtake us for 1st place, because they don't lose to the NFC East. That's our real bye week and we just lost it.

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
The Titans are about to overtake us for 1st place, because they don't lose to the NFC East. That's our real bye week and we just lost it.
Just one year I'd like to be in a crap division like the NFC West. I'm tired of being in one the best 2-3 divisions in the NFL every single year, and sometimes the very best.

HJam72
10-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Just one year I'd like to be in a crap division like the NFC West. I'm tired of being in one the best 2-3 divisions in the NFL every single year, and sometimes the very best.

I know what ya mean.

Ryan
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM

We still undoubtedly control our own destiny so i'm gonna try not to sweat this too much. Even the Ravens are not that great either, so there's definitely no excuses not to take care of our own business.

Blazin' Toro
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I guess I'll mention it here, did anyone just see the San Diego v. Patriots game? Kris Brown missed a 50yd FG to tie the game, guess he's just lost it totally, used to be so reliable.

drs23
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I guess I'll mention it here, did anyone just see the San Diego v. Patriots game? Kris Brown missed a 50yd FG to tie the game, guess he's just lost it totally, used to be so reliable.

Yup, hit the upright. We've seen that before.

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 06:22 PM
We still undoubtedly control our own destiny so i'm gonna try not to sweat this too much. Even the Ravens are not that great either, so there's definitely no excuses not to take care of our own business.

The Titans have been in 1st place since last week. Not just this week.

Most teams still control their own destiny as well.

The only way you control you own destiny is if you win out no one can catch you.

So yes, the Texans control their own destiny. If they win out they will win the division and be 14-2. But thats the same for the Titans and the Colts as well.

If the Colts win out they will own the tie breakers over the Texans.

If the Titans win out the Titans will just flat have a better record period. So tie breakers wont be needed.

Pollardized
10-24-2010, 08:19 PM

The only way you control you own destiny is if you win out no one can catch you.

So yes, the Texans control their own destiny. If they win out they will win the division and be 14-2. But thats the same for the Titans and the Colts as well.

If the Titans win out the Titans will just flat have a better record period. So tie breakers wont be needed.

Yeah but they would still be a bunch of hillbillies.

Texanmike02
10-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Hey brain trust.

If Colts win out they will have a better record than anyone else in the division because they will hand the Titans and the Texans both one loss.

If the Texans win out they will have a better record than anyone else in the division because they have to play the Titans and Colts still and will have handed each of them one or two more loss(es)

If the Titans win out they will have a better record than anyone else in the division because they have to play the Texans and Colts and will hand them each one (or two) more loss(es).

With 3 teams having 2 losses if anyone wins out they will automatically have a better record if they have to face both of the teams at least once. The Titans aren't special.

Mike

Ryan
10-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I thought i was gonna really enjoy this bye week in not having to stress about Texans football for a week. Boy was i wrong...probably the worst Sunday in a while. Dear god Texans, please don't ever leave town. :backsout:

Ryan
10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
oh and the NFL has officially been put on my ignore list. Troll be gone :)

Pollardized
10-24-2010, 11:30 PM
I think this whole Bye Week thing is pretty confusing. For example, the Texans sister team the Broncos assumed they were on Bye Week with the Texans so they didn't show up at the stadium today. Panicing, teh NFL officials on scene ran down to a local Gentleman's establishment on Coulfax and recruited a few dozen guys to suit up and play the Raiders. You see what happened.

Not to mention the fact that vince young thinks every week is BI week, so he is totally confused....