PDA

View Full Version : MNF tailgate

Yankee_In_TX
10-23-2010, 12:34 PM
*edit - if you're not a part of our normal tailgate, thank you for the interest but I can't vouch for folks I have never met. If this happens I'll be sure and create a viewing party thread in another thread*

Blue Crew,

A certain midtown establishment has asked if I would set up a tailgate for the MNF game.

If you want to watch the MNF game at a midtwon bar, you will get beverages through me.

You'll need to be there ASAP after work. No later than 5:30/6 (sooner if possible).

We will be grilling there, so I would ask a $7 donation and I'll provide a meal, sides and snacks.

Dinner will be served between 6:30 and 7 sharp.

We'll need people to help watch the stuff during the game (shifts?) and help taking everything down after the game (takes about 20 minutes).

If you're in let me know!! As soon as I hear for sure I'll let folks know.

Will need a grill, preferably propane

I'll need about 10 folks or so. PM me your e-mail if interested.

I heard a rumor our friends from yellow, Shotgun 30, will also be there. 21+ only.

BIG TORO
10-23-2010, 01:56 PM
PM sent.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Blue Crew,

A certain midtown establishment has asked if I would set up a tailgate for the MNF game.

If you want to watch the MNF game at a midtwon bar, you will get beverages through me.

You'll need to be there ASAP after work. No later than 5:30/6 (sooner if possible).We will be grilling there, so I would ask a $7 donation and I'll provide a meal, sides and snacks.

Dinner will be served between 6:30 and 7 sharp.

We'll need people to help watch the stuff during the game (shifts?) and help taking everything down after the game (takes about 20 minutes).

If you're in let me know!! As soon as I hear for sure I'll let folks know.

Will need a grill, preferably propane

I'll need about 10 folks or so. PM me your e-mail if interested.

I heard a rumor our friends from yellow, Shotgun 30, will also be there. 21+ only.

That leaves me out. I don't even leave my office until around 6(ish)!! :wadepalm:

Joe Texan
10-23-2010, 07:23 PM
That leaves me out. I don't even leave my office until around 6(ish)!! :wadepalm:

If you need me the I can pick you up we might be late but we will be there to help support Ryan

Texan_Bill
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
If you need me the I can pick you up we might be late but we will be there to help support Ryan

If Ryan needs support tell him to buy a jock strap!! :D

Yankee_In_TX
10-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Joe is right - no reason not to come watch the game there!!! I'm sure they'll have great beer specials and it'd be cool to watch an away game with y'all.

Let me know and I'll try to reserve some tables.

Tailgate.Kidz
10-24-2010, 04:18 AM
what place in midtown is this MNF happening at?

texanmojo
10-24-2010, 05:43 AM
Yes...we will be there too.

Yankee_In_TX
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
what place in midtown is this MNF happening at?

Just in case there's some weird Texas or TABC law that may be infringed (like open flames in the parking lot w/out a permit or something) I intentionally did not drop the name of the bar.

It's also not a free for all tailgate but I will be down some of my normal crew and thought this was the best place to ask some of the Blue Crew if they'd like to help me out.

I hope all of that makes sense w/out sounding snobby or anything.

IF this ends up happening I'll post a much different thread later on :)

Kimmy
10-24-2010, 03:11 PM
So is it BC only?

Yankee_In_TX
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
So is it BC only?

Anyone will be welcome at the bar, but it was BC that is invited to tailgate.

Tailgate.Kidz
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Just in case there's some weird Texas or TABC law that may be infringed (like open flames in the parking lot w/out a permit or something) I intentionally did not drop the name of the bar.

It's also not a free for all tailgate but I will be down some of my normal crew and thought this was the best place to ask some of the Blue Crew if they'd like to help me out.

I hope all of that makes sense w/out sounding snobby or anything.

IF this ends up happening I'll post a much different thread later on :)

ok. thought it was official like the one in tombal

texanmojo
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
From the website:

Monday Nov. 1st
Pub Tailgate Challenge 2010
COLTS vs. TEXANS
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Doors open at 2:00 pm
Giant 140" Screen on the parking LOT
$5 Bud Light Pitchers
$3 Burgers or sausage on a stick

Come vote your favorite Tailgating team!

www.pubfiction.com (http://www.pubfiction.com)

As yankee stated...not sure how the tailgate part is going to shake out...Texan Mojo will be there. We aren't cooking...but were drinking!

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM
From the website:

Monday Nov. 1st
Pub Tailgate Challenge 2010
COLTS vs. TEXANS
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Doors open at 2:00 pm
Giant 140" Screen on the parking LOT
$5 Bud Light Pitchers
$3 Burgers or sausage on a stick

Come vote your favorite Tailgating team!

www.pubfiction.com (http://www.pubfiction.com)

As yankee stated...not sure how the tailgate part is going to shake out...Texan Mojo will be there. We aren't cooking...but were drinking!

Just found out today it is a "contest." *shrugs* I'm just going to have fun.

Though I have a 3.5 person crew right now....

texanmojo
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM

We told them we were not competing...I'm not going to get there until after work either but Preacher should be there early.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2010, 05:30 PM
We told them we were not competing...I'm not going to get there until after work either but Preacher should be there early.

Yeah - I got texts asking if I wanted to tailgate. I'll tailgate, but competing sounds like working during a very important game!

disaacks3
10-25-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm going to try and make it, I think I've conned....er..."persuaded" the significant other to let me come after work.

BIG TORO
10-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Well Im off Monday and Tuesday now, But I hear you on competing! Let me know what you want to do.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Well Im off Monday and Tuesday now, But I hear you on competing! Let me know what you want to do.

I want to set up. Then cook. Then eat. Then watch MNF.

Oh, and drink beer the entire time.

Still need a grill!!!!

Dan, what time?

disaacks3
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Dan, what time?

I'll try to get out of work by 5:30p...I'm at Waugh / Allen Pkwy, should only take me 5 min to get there...

BIG TORO
10-25-2010, 06:24 PM
All I have is a charcol grill, if we can use that I can bring it. Im off all day so what ever time you think.

Here is a picture of my grill:
http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/824849/824849005572lg.jpg

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
All I have is a charcol grill, if we can use that I can bring it. Im off all day so what ever time you think.

Here is a picture of my grill:
http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/824849/824849005572lg.jpg

Do you have a pickup?

BIG TORO
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Do you have a pickup?

Yepppers!

Joe Texan
10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
I can drop off my grill if I need to Yankee

SheTexan
10-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I wanna be IN INDY, and I'm working on it. Just don't wanna fly!!

Joe Texan
10-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Are you driving Grandma

SheTexan
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Are you driving Grandmak

Thinking about it Joe. Gonna decide by tomorrow.

BIG TORO
10-26-2010, 09:51 AM
k

Thinking about it Joe. Gonna decide by tomorrow.

Who all is going to INDY?

Dr2bKay
10-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I will come to Pub Fiction. I will try to drag some of my girls out.....I am loving the beer pricing.

Wish I was going to Indy...but my money tree hasn't bloomed yet...lol

gary
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Ryan, may I come? Is it a big bar?

texanmojo
10-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Gary...I'm not 100% certain...but it may be 21 and up only.

JB
10-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Gary...I'm not 100% certain...but it may be 21 and up only.

Looks like you are correct.

NitroGSXR
10-26-2010, 03:48 PM

Am I alone in thinking in they're kinda assholes for sorta leading you on?

gary
10-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks like you are correct.Thanks. I'll just watch the game at home.

silvrhand
10-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks. I'll just watch the game at home.

Hmm can't we get Gary a fake ID! *GRIN*

:kitten:

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Am I alone in thinking in they're kinda assholes for sorta leading you on?

No, they're friends of mine. *shrugs*

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, just got the details. Setup at 2 PM and tailgates must be taken down prior to kickoff.

At this point is there ANYONE (other than Big Toro) that can be there before 5?

Otherwise we may bail on the idea - cause it would just be me and Big Toro until 5:30ish, people roll in at 6 and we break down at 7....

NitroGSXR
10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
No, they're friends of mine. *shrugs*

I got ya. Cool beans, Yankee.

BIG TORO
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Ok, just got the details. Setup at 2 PM and tailgates must be taken down prior to kickoff.

At this point is there ANYONE (other than Big Toro) that can be there before 5?

Otherwise we may bail on the idea - cause it would just be me and Big Toro until 5:30ish, people roll in at 6 and we break down at 7....

Yea too much work for just a couple of people, if we hae to break down by 7. I am off now Sat through Wed and if we are going to bail on this I'm seriously considering going to INDY!

Texan_Bill
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM

Who is the .5 person? Bronco Billy?!?

bpe3
10-26-2010, 08:52 PM
tailgates must be taken down prior to kickoff.

This is news to me. Texan Mojo is planning to be there in full effect, but taking it all down by 7:00 PM is going to be a deal killer for us. Screw that.

I have a call into them for more details. I was envisioning more of a tailgate party in the parking lot throughout the game, which would be awesome.

We told them we were not competing...

Technically, I didn't say we weren't competing. They said they wanted to have some kind of grilling competition. I told them grilling wasn't our specialty. Drinking beer is our specialty.

bpe3

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Yea too much work for just a couple of people, if we hae to break down by 7. I am off now Sat through Wed and if we are going to bail on this I'm seriously considering going to INDY!

What's your e-mail?

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2010, 10:37 PM
This is news to me. Texan Mojo is planning to be there in full effect, but taking it all down by 7:00 PM is going to be a deal killer for us. Screw that.

I have a call into them for more details. I was envisioning more of a tailgate party in the parking lot throughout the game, which would be awesome.

Technically, I didn't say we weren't competing. They said they wanted to have some kind of grilling competition. I told them grilling wasn't our specialty. Drinking beer is our specialty.

bpe3

Let me know if you hear something different. They told the wife setup around 2 and break down at kickoff and go inside to watch the game. Maybe it was not a requirement? May be a deal killer for us since many folks cannot arrive until after 6. I need to talk to my folks then we'll call them tomorrow to clarify. I'll post what I hear.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Hmm can't we get Gary a fake ID! *GRIN*

:kitten:

He doesn't need one. When he needs a shot, I deflect Andrea another direction and shoot Gary a shot... This has happened! :D

Texan_Bill
10-26-2010, 10:43 PM
And again Ryan, who is the .5 person????

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2010, 10:57 PM
And again Ryan, who is the .5 person????

Lindsay, who can't be there until after 6.

bpe3
10-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I just spoke to the boss. No need to break down the tailgate parties at kickoff. Looks like Texan Mojo is GO for lift off.

bpe3

Yankee_In_TX
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I just spoke to the boss. No need to break down the tailgate parties at kickoff. Looks like Texan Mojo is GO for lift off.

bpe3

We're in :)

Texan_Bill
10-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I will give a definitive answer tomorrow. I'm leaning against it, (work issues) but I will man-up tomorrow and commit - one way or the other.

Joe Texan
10-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I have tried to persuade bill that I would pick him up but he is leaning the other way. I can show up whenever and do i need to bring the grill

SheTexan
10-28-2010, 09:23 AM

Danny! have you looked at ticket prices? If you find anything reasonable, not in the rafters, let me know. Just a little to pricey for my pocketbook. Guess they're still paying for their new stadium!

BIG TORO
10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Danny! have you looked at ticket prices? If you find anything reasonable, not in the rafters, let me know. Just a little to pricey for my pocketbook. Guess they're still paying for their new stadium!

Im going to the tailgate now, but the best ones that I found were in section 132 row 23 for 140 a piece in lower level.

Here is a link to tickets:http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Houston-Texans-at-Indianapolis-Colts-Tickets-at-Lucas-Oil-Stadium-in-Indianapolis?PID=973614

BIG TORO
10-28-2010, 09:56 AM

Actually I found these at ticket liquadator and they are cheaper, section 152row 29 for 122 a piece here is the link:http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/tickets.aspx?evtid=1352888

And Expedia has a Radison for 62 dollars a night, The Radison's I have stayed at have benn pretty decent. It's by the airport and 6 miles from stadium, but for the price you can't beat it.

Joe Texan
10-31-2010, 04:32 PM
What time do we need to show up

ensign_lee
10-31-2010, 11:39 PM
How did I miss this thread?

Yankee. I'll be there. See you a little after 6:00? Pub fiction, right?

Yankee_In_TX
11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
We're setting up around 3. Most folks are coming at 5.

So JUST to spell it out - we want everyone cheering on the Texans at Pub Fiction tonight - but I only bought enough food for the people who e-mailed me last week and only signed up for enough free beer bracelets for those folks.

Just want to make sure there are no hurt feelings due to misundertsandings - If we haven't talked off of here I didn't count you in (all of Blue Crew was invited but I had to get a final head count last week for those who were tailgating for food and free beer bracelets).

The bar, however, has great food and plenty of cold brews and we need to cheer so loud they hear us in Indy. :)

(I just don't want 20 people showing up thinking I am feeding them and getting them free beer when I don't have any way to do that!)

hobie
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
We're setting up around 3. Most folks are coming at 5.

So JUST to spell it out - we want everyone cheering on the Texans at Pub Fiction tonight - but I only bought enough food for the people who e-mailed me last week and only signed up for enough free beer bracelets for those folks.

Just want to make sure there are no hurt feelings due to misundertsandings - If we haven't talked off of here I didn't count you in (all of Blue Crew was invited but I had to get a final head count last week for those who were tailgating for food and free beer bracelets).

The bar, however, has great food and plenty of cold brews and we need to cheer so loud they hear us in Indy. :)

(I just don't want 20 people showing up thinking I am feeding them and getting them free beer when I don't have any way to do that!)

Send them to the old astroworld lot if they do !! :tiphat:

texan0305
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Send them to the old astroworld lot if they do !! :tiphat:

LOL Now that was funny...BTW Ill be out there, not looking for free food or beer just want to hang out with a bunch of Texans fans!!! Dangit im in class and I cant concentrate..all i think about is us putting a whoopin on Indy...the joys of being a senior lol

Yankee_In_TX
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
the joys of being a senior lol

Then why are you in class? lol!

hobie
11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
OK Yankee... How did it go last night??

Yankee_In_TX
11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
OK Yankee... How did it go last night??

Pretty freakin' awesome, I hope everyone had a good time!!!!! Well, aside from the game.

Seņor Stan
11-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Pretty freakin' awesome, I hope everyone had a good time!!!!! Well, aside from the game.

It was cool to put faces with some of the names. Thanks for the warm welcome! Wish the result was different.

Run. The. Ball.

Yankee_In_TX
11-02-2010, 08:57 PM
It was cool to put faces with some of the names. Thanks for the warm welcome! Wish the result was different.

Run. The. Ball.

Nice to meet you, glad you stopped by!!! Sorry we didn't get to chat more.

Texan_Bill
11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Ryan,

Did y'all get some pics?? It'd be cool if you posted some for those of us that weren't able to make it!

Yankee_In_TX
11-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Ryan,

Did y'all get some pics?? It'd be cool if you posted some for those of us that weren't able to make it!

I'll facebook them....? (don't really have or use a pic hosting site any more)

Texan_Bill
11-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll facebook them....? (don't really have or use a pic hosting site any more)

Right on!! Thanks! Wish I could've made it (well the tailgating part, anyway - the game? Not so much!)

Joe Texan
11-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Blue Crew showed and we had a blast. awesome job on dinner Yankee. I think the guy with the Briasn Crushing tailgate was telling people to put thier tickets in his jar to get into the tailgate area but who really cares about the judging. If you as me it was between the MOJO, BLUECREW, and the guys behind the Mojowith the colts jersey and it was a tie. Thanks to Yankee for the foodand the Mojo, for the shotguns and the TV, We had an awesome time.

Yankee_In_TX
11-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Blue Crew showed and we had a blast. awesome job on dinner Yankee. I think the guy with the Briasn Crushing tailgate was telling people to put thier tickets in his jar to get into the tailgate area but who really cares about the judging. If you as me it was between the MOJO, BLUECREW, and the guys behind the Mojowith the colts jersey and it was a tie. Thanks to Yankee for the foodand the Mojo, for the shotguns and the TV, We had an awesome time.

The only vote we got was from Lee, lol!

BIG TORO
11-03-2010, 08:47 AM

Michelle and I had a great time, and your chicken was awsome!

Run. The. Ball.

It was very nice to meet and put a face to you Stan, I hope you had a good time out there.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm starting to regret not being able to make it!! :choke:

disaacks3
11-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm starting to regret not being able to make it!! :choke: It's probably better that you didn't. That much eye-candy would make your eyes pop out.

:yikes:

texan0305
11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Yankee thanks a lot it was a blast! Joe it was fun hanging out with you and stemp for most of the night! Yankee hit me up on facebook Eddie Hassan

Dr2bKay
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks Ryan for letting us know about this. It was a much needed distraction for me. The food was great....and that free beer was much needed due to how our guys were playing! Glad I came out.

BIG TORO
11-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Yankee thanks a lot it was a blast! Joe it was fun hanging out with you and stemp for most of the night! Yankee hit me up on facebook Eddie Hassan

Stemp was there? I bet I met him and didnt even know it! That sucks how do I keep missing this guy.

Yankee_In_TX
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I suck at this game - which one was stemp?

GlassHalfFull
11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I suck at this game - which one was stemp?

I don't remember Stemp. But I did have a great time - other than the game. :choke:And of course it cooled off again the next day.

Thanks Yankee for putting it together.

Dr2bKay
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't think Stemp was there....