PDA

View Full Version : 3 Players fined for unnecessary roughness

scourge
10-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Didn't see it posted elsewhere... if it has, please merge.

Pollard, Smith, and Ogunleye each fined 5k (http://www.khou.com/sports/football/3-Texans-players-fined-for-unnecessary-roughness-in-Sundays-game-105556413.html)

Texans strong safety Bernard Pollard was fined $5,000 for shoving a player when he was out of bounds in the fourth quarter.

Texans offensive guard Wade Smith was fined $5,000 for leg-whipping a defender in the third quarter.

Texans defensive lineman Adewale Ogunleye was fined $5,000 for an illegal hit in the second quarter.

JB
10-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Thought I might as well put these here...

NFL confirms Ray Edwards was fined $20K for spearing an opponent/unnecessary roughness.

Saints CB Malcolm Jenkins was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness - he struck his opponent in the head area.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

disaacks3
10-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Fined for a LEG WHIP?? WTH? :kubepalm:

ChrisG
10-22-2010, 05:27 PM
There goes football.

We need a commish with sum balls. Yeah he is tough on off the field shit but he is destroying this league on the field

Beer and Metal
10-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Pollard, Smith, and Ogunleye each fined 5k (http://www.khou.com/sports/football/3-Texans-players-fined-for-unnecessary-roughness-in-Sundays-game-105556413.html)

Look how soft we are. Not a single 20K hit.:rolleyes:

Showtime100
10-22-2010, 05:32 PM
The NFL is taking it while they can before the lockout...lol. This game is going to shit.

Pollardized
10-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Have we actually HIT anyone at all this season? Unnecessary or not?

JB
10-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Have we actually HIT anyone at all this season? Unnecessary or not?

Check with Gradkowski for the answer...

Goatcheese
10-22-2010, 05:34 PM
This is getting stupid. :kubepalm:

Pollardized
10-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Check with Gradkowski for the answer...

I mean someone other than BP!!!!

scourge
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I mean someone other than BP!!!!

Vonta Leach

Pollardized
10-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Vonta Leach

Leach doesn't hit people. He EATS people.

False Start
10-22-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/nineties_comedies_3.jpg

Allllllllrighty Then!

:kubepalm:

Big Lou
10-22-2010, 06:18 PM

The Pollard fin is BS, the guy wasn't completely out of bounds. This is like getting a ticket for your back bumper passing under the traffice signal as it turns yellow.

And if they want to fine Ogunleye they should have fine the Cheifs DT for hitting Schaub in the knees.

I'm not saying the refs are out to get the Texans its just that have sucked so bad the last two or three years and because of Murphys Law the Texans get the brunt of the bad calls, not because of a conspiriecy.

I called a couple of things in the game day thread and a couple of guys got all bitchy with me about "blaming it on the refs" which was not my intent. I felt better when someone over at battleredblog.com pointed out the BS calls and no calls on KJ, AJ, BP, and the such as well as Steve Tasker bieng a King Size Douche Nozzle with his Kansas City Lovefest.

That game was hard to watch until the end. I can stand it when the Texans stink it up because I'm just thankful to have a team, but when the Zebras suck ass and then the commentators want to have intimate relations with the opposing team I just can't take it!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Lou
10-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Leach doesn't hit people. He EATS people.

I thought that was Travis Johnson......
:kubepalm:

Can we get a Trent Green facepalm?????

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
This is getting stupid. :kubepalm:

This is getting stupid??????? READ THIS!!!!!! NFL fines 12 more players in crackdown (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-fines-12-more-players-in-crackdown) (Kevin Kolb's after an interception of his pass is especially interesting)

Rey
10-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Like I have said all along this is not about safety.

It's about controlling public perception. It's about marketing.

Rey
10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
This is the part of that article that Cloak posted that I find interesting:

Harrison, who threatened to retire after the NFL's crackdown, was fined for his tackle of Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, who suffered a concussion. He also had a hard hit on former college teammate Joshua Cribbs.

On Friday, Cribbs told his friend not to change the way he plays, and that Harrison's job is to simply ''knock people out.''

Cribbs, who played at Kent State with Harrison, believes he helped persuade Pittsburgh's big hitter not to retire.

So yeah...Even the WR's running across the middle aren't complaining...

Did Desean Jackson make a comment about the hit Robinson put on him? I'd be interested to see if he felt it was dirty or if he just got hit on a good football play?

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Fined for a LEG WHIP?? WTH? :kubepalm:

That's nothing...........Last year, Felix Jones was penalized and fined $5000 for a leg whip. The problem was that replay after replay showed he made NO CONTACT with the defender. Despite obvious review of non contact, the NFL upheld the decision on the basis that Jones TRIED to trip the defender.

Before the end of this season, there will be several addenda to the NFL Rule Book. Expect to see "trying to facemask, but failing" penalty, or "trying to rough the passer but missing", or "trying to hit the WR in the head but missing'".

NEW NFL HEADQUARTERS

http://images.travelpod.com/users/bashleyf/1.1214359500.so-this-is-where-stupid-people-are-madex.jpg

Goatcheese
10-22-2010, 09:07 PM
The league office should be fined for trying to make good decisions, but failing.

On top of all these stupid fines and rules they're making up these idjits are probably going to let the lockout go forward. :kubepalm::wadepalm:

You asshats are ruining the NFL. :strangle:

Grams
10-22-2010, 10:30 PM
This is the part of that article that Cloak posted that I find interesting:

So yeah...Even the WR's running across the middle aren't complaining...

Did Desean Jackson make a comment about the hit Robinson put on him? I'd be interested to see if he felt it was dirty or if he just got hit on a good football play?

He probably doesn't know his name yet much less who hit him.

Ryan
10-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Pollard, i believe all the fans of the NFL would pitch in to pay $1 million for the fine you would get from knocking the pisss out of Goodell...let's find a way to make it happen.

This makes our bye week come at an even better time so we can watch how the NFL works with these new rules in place.

silvrhand
10-22-2010, 11:20 PM
The Pollard fin is BS, the guy wasn't completely out of bounds. This is like getting a ticket for your back bumper passing under the traffice signal as it turns yellow.

The Benard hit was pretty late out of bounds and he gave a secondary shove, it was pretty bad it was right in front of me.

Grams
10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
This makes our bye week come at an even better time so we can watch how the NFL works with these new rules in place.

The rules have NOT changed. They are going to enforce them more.

Ryan
10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
The rules have NOT changed. They are going to enforce them more.

Well the result is the same. It''s just going to end up in a bunch of :kubepalm::wadepalm: