PDA

View Full Version : Video of Passing Game Improvements vs. KC

dalemurphy
10-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Amazing how much better the passing game looked against KC than it did against the NYGiants. I believe a healthier AJ and an active Jacoby were huge reasons why. I am not sure why the pass protection was so much better, but it certainly was:

Video of Matt Schaub making Plays (http://www.texansbullblog.com/matt-schaub/featured-articles/isolated-review/)

Video of O-line Stoning the pass rush (http://www.texansbullblog.com/pass-protection-kc-sublime/featured-articles/film-study/)

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Good stuff. I like on his scramble plays he got his shoulders square to the LOS.

El Tejano
10-22-2010, 08:43 AM
I believe that Johnson and Jones presence made a difference because, even though he held on to the ball a bit still, Schaub was able to get rid of the ball quicker. I believe it was on Foster's 2nd TD drive, Jacoby made a 1st down catch that got us to like the 5 yard line and that ball was humming when he caught it.

Time will tell if we gave this offense too much credit to think they could play a defensive team like The Giants with a decoying Johnson, no Jones, and David Anderson.

Looking back at the game, something tells me that OD is making his way back. All of his catches were big play catches. Also I get the feeling that Schaub said screw the game plan on the last two drives and just told the offense to do some things they know they do well or from last year.

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 08:51 AM
I believe that Johnson and Jones presence made a difference because, even though he held on to the ball a bit still, Schaub was able to get rid of the ball quicker. I believe it was on Foster's 2nd TD drive, Jacoby made a 1st down catch that got us to like the 5 yard line and that ball was humming when he caught it.

Time will tell if we gave this offense too much credit to think they could play a defensive team like The Giants with a decoying Johnson, no Jones, and David Anderson.

Looking back at the game, something tells me that OD is making his way back. All of his catches were big play catches. Also I get the feeling that Schaub said screw the game plan on the last two drives and just told the offense to do some things they know they do well or from last year.

I think JJ makes you lay off a bit. He is a legit deep threat and makes a safety stay deep instead of jumping routes. He lacks the hands to run slants and short routes, but is good mid to deep.

gtexan02
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Im not sure if its just the plays you selected, but Im a little concerned about the long time it took for plays to develop.

One of the reasons Schaub has been having trouble before this week is that he's waiting too long for plays to develop. In these examples, he's able to scramble away from pressure and make plays. But if KCs defense was better, they should have ended up with sacks or throw aways from Schaub.

None of the plays worked out the way they were supposed to or drawn up to

El Tejano
10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Im not sure if its just the plays you selected, but Im a little concerned about the long time it took for plays to develop.

One of the reasons Schaub has been having trouble before this week is that he's waiting too long for plays to develop. In these examples, he's able to scramble away from pressure and make plays. But if KCs defense was better, they should have ended up with sacks or throw aways from Schaub.

I noticed this too. If you also notice, we don't start moving the ball until Schaub starts hitting Andre Jonson on 3 step drops and targeting Andre's back shoulder. Then the defense kind of lays off and we start chucking at will.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 11:05 AM
If you also notice, we don't start moving the ball until Schaub starts hitting Andre Jonson on 3 step drops and targeting Andre's back shoulder.

I'd love to see that. Haven't yet.

ThaShark316
10-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Congrats, you have also solved the Steelers issues when they struggle from a passing perspective. Schaub does the same stuff that Roethlisberger does; waiting for plays to develop, and that usually is the cause for sacks.

KC has a good D, they just got outplayed last Sunday.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Congrats, you have also solved the Steelers issues when they struggle from a passing perspective. Schaub does the same stuff that Roethlisberger does; waiting for plays to develop, and that usually is the cause for sacks.

KC has a good D, they just got outplayed last Sunday.

No one can cover a WR for more than 3 to 4 seconds. The ability of your QB to buy you that time is unmeasurable. Very few offensive lines can hold up to that on anything short of a 4 man rush by the way.

There are times when the QB need to make quick decisions, or just throw it away. There are times, like on 3rd down with no blitz..... your QB needs to make something happen.