PDA

View Full Version : Colts keep racking up injuries for MNF game

nero THE zero
10-21-2010, 04:01 PM
In addition to the injuries we already know about, they'll now be without Collie (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/28051167428), Clark (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5711117&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines), and punter, McAfee (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jexmW4uolV-4MCET3BmRKxWKpy7Q?docId=CNG.be1430cf7ec438b63479d0 e3742332c8.a01).

I know it's in Indy and it's Manning, but we shouldn't have any excuses.

Thorn
10-21-2010, 04:04 PM
As long as Manning still breathes, never take Indy lightly.

El Tejano
10-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Will they have Gonzalez?

Mr teX
10-21-2010, 04:08 PM
As long as Manning still breathes, never take Indy lightly.

this...

GuerillaBlack
Will they have Gonzalez?

Yep. He's playing.

BigBull17
Will they have Gonzalez?

I'm guessing maybe for a quarter. he is a smidge soft.

Stemp
10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
If our OL can do what the did the first week and we run the ball and grind out the game and not give Manning a lot of time on the field, we should record our first ever win @Indy.

BigBull17
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
If our OL can do what the did the first week and we run the ball and grind out the game and not give Manning a lot of time on the field, we should record our first ever win @Indy.

This. We have to do everything the same way we did week 1. Even the D, who played as good as anyone in the 1st half of that game.

texanmojo
10-21-2010, 04:23 PM

I'll believe that when I see the scoreboard at the end of the 4th quarter. I'm not optimistic. If we win...then I will be suprised!!!

Trail.Blazr
10-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll believe that when I see the scoreboard at the end of the 4th quarter. I'm not optimistic. If we win...then I will be suprised!!!

That has the ring of someone who's been around the block a time or two as a Texan fan :fingergun:

texanmojo
10-21-2010, 04:30 PM
That has the ring of someone who's been around the block a time or two as a Texan fan :fingergun:

Texans life long season ticket holder.

Trust me...I am hoping for the best but as long as Manning is there...I am scared s#$tless.

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Reggie Wayne for 407,332,746 yards and 2,274 TDs if we stick with soft zones all day. I would think that one would decapicate the wounded but we're just too yellow to instill the white light into their eyes. I'm sure Kub-biak couldn't be prouder of them good kids.

Reggie Wayne all day long. Bank on it.

Rey
10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I do not expect the Colts to just come out and pwn us...I expect us to at least have a chance to win this game...

All of our recent games have been close, so I'm not sure why people think we can't win this one...

No More 8-8's
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm guessing maybe for a quarter. he is a smidge soft.
Well how soft our secondary looks, i would be surprised if the game was played with Charmin.

gtexan02
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Im adding Pierre Garcon to my fantasy team..

thunderkyss
10-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I do not expect the Colts to just come out and pwn us...I expect us to at least have a chance to win this game...

All of our recent games have been close, so I'm not sure why people think we can't win this one...

We've owned the Colts for the last two years. At reliant, at Lucas Oil, where ever. We just haven't been able to seal the deal.

thunderkyss
10-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Im adding Pierre Garcon to my fantasy team..

I've held him on my team through the injury..... I knew he'd get healthy by November.

J_R
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Add one more:

Adam_Schefter

Indy injuries piling up in ugly fashion. Colts DT Antonio Johnson underwent knee surgery and team gave no timetable for his return.

Thorn
10-21-2010, 04:51 PM
We've owned the Colts for the last two years. At reliant, at Lucas Oil, where ever. We just haven't been able to seal the deal.

We proven we can take the Colts. But our defense has actually gotten worse since that first game this year with all the injuries. And they've got injuries as well. It will be an interesting game.

brakos82
10-21-2010, 05:02 PM
All I know is that fans of offensive games will be happy to watch this.

gtexan02
10-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Division games have a way of evening out the playing field. Could go either way, especially in Indy

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 05:42 PM

That was Kubiak's battlecry in 2009. I have yet to hear this team mention
"playoffs," but I won't give them any credit until they've won 6 of the
next 8 games.

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 05:44 PM
We proven we can take the Colts. But our defense has actually gotten worse since that first game this year with all the injuries. And they've got injuries as well. It will be an interesting game.

They got Peyton, Garcon, and Wayne on one side..
Mathis and Freeney on the other.
And their young players are better coached than those of the Texans.
And the Colts are at home.

....there just arent' enough injuries on the Colts' side to negate their advantage.

gtexan02
10-21-2010, 05:47 PM
next 8 games.

You want us to be 10-4 before even talking about playoffs? C'mon, thats pretty steep. If we go 10-6, I fully expect us to make the playoffs. We almost made them as a 9-7 team last year

nero THE zero
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I have yet to hear this team mention
"playoffs,"

Then you haven't been listening.

The offseason mantra last year was playoffs. This year it was division championship.

Hervoyel
10-21-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm not liking this one bit. Do you guys know how full of themselves our team can become with two weeks of "This ain't gonna be any trouble at all" headlines like we've been getting? We'll waltz into Indy and get disintegrated if we keep hearing about how weak the Colts are gonna be on MNF in two weeks.

Thorn
10-21-2010, 06:29 PM
They got Peyton, Garcon, and Wayne on one side..
Mathis and Freeney on the other.

....there just arent' enough injuries on the Colts' side to negate their advantage.

As I've said, as long as Manning is drawing breath Indy is a tough team. Period. As far as being better coached, well yeah, I'm not a big fan of our coaching staff either. But our offense is nothing to be toyed with.

We shall see. As has been said a billion times already in lots of threads, the Houston Jeckel and Hydes are a difficult team to predict. I predict nothing except that if Houston DOES show up, it ain't gonna be an easy game for Indy at all. You just never know with these Texans...........

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
The Texans are 2-6 following a BYE, half of those losses to a division rival. I'm not huffing paint here so no wild illusions of taking advantage of the Colts. I hope I'm surprised but honestly? I now underatand I am looking at a mirage, not an oasis. 4-2, right? Meh...

hradhak
10-21-2010, 06:36 PM
If Manning's playing with 10 Pop Warner players, we're not out of the woods. That being said, Manning can do nothing if his ass is on the sideline. Our offense has to take Manning out of the game, something our defense hasn't done to anyone for a full game this season.

Foster and Ward need to have career games. And time of possession needs to be lopsided towards us.

drs23
10-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not liking this one bit. Do you guys know how full of themselves our team can become with two weeks of "This ain't gonna be any trouble at all" headlines like we've been getting? We'll waltz into Indy and get disintegrated if we keep hearing about how weak the Colts are gonna be on MNF in two weeks.

Herv I appreciate all your posts and most of your opinions I agree with but I don't think I've had my head in the sand. Where are these headlines? My Kool-Aid needs a head on it :winky:

BigBull17
10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Well how soft our secondary looks, i would be surprised if the game was played with Charmin.

We give up yards, but our secondary will hit you. Gonzo is the invisable man. He never does a damn thing. They wasted that pick, IMO. Thought so at the time of that draft.

toronto
10-21-2010, 07:01 PM
If Manning's playing with 10 Pop Warner players, we're not out of the woods. That being said, Manning can do nothing if his ass is on the sideline. Our offense has to take Manning out of the game, something our defense hasn't done to anyone for a full game this season.

Foster and Ward need to have career games. And time of possession needs to be lopsided towards us.

The Dolphins did that to perfection last year and Manning still beat them.

From a Titan fan I agree with man others. As long as Peyton is taking the snaps, they're dangerous. Hell he makes nobodies like Brandon Stokely (gone), Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie etc. relevant WRs. That says it all. They line up a WR with marginal talent and Manning finds a way to get him the ball and make it hurt. We only have 12 years of film to prove the point.

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Herv I appreciate all your posts and most of your opinions I agree with but I don't think I've had my head in the sand. Where are these headlines? My Kool-Aid needs a head on it :winky:

Herv's correct.............just Google "Colts decimated" and "Colts injuries." Lots and gloom and doom being printed. This is one time that I wish our players to be illiterate.:texflag:

drs23
10-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Herv's correct.............just Google "Colts decimated" and "Colts injuries." Lots and gloom and doom being printed. This is one time that I wish our players to be illiterate.:texflag:

Thanks Doctor, I'll let my fingers do a little Googleing :D

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
You want us to be 10-4 before even talking about playoffs? C'mon, thats pretty steep. If we go 10-6, I fully expect us to make the playoffs. We almost made them as a 9-7 team last year

The Texans have yet to show consistency in winning against the top
teams of the AFC. They get 8 of 'em in-a-row. I gotta see a little, before
I believe.

....just the way it is.

Fred
10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
All I know is that fans of track meets will be happy to watch this.

All I know is that fans of frickin' lasers will be happy to watch this.

Brakos,
Fixed it for ya. Twice.

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 07:23 PM

Any 'ol "10-6" may not get you into the playoffs. We have 5 more
division games, and head-to-head matchups against the Ravens and Jets.
Tiebreakers matter, and any 'ol 10-6 may not cut it.

The Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, and Titans
could ALL go 10-6. Can't rely on record alone, Tiebreakers matter, and playoffs are
MANDATORY this season for Kubiak and his staff.

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 07:28 PM
As I've said, as long as Manning is drawing breath Indy is a tough team. Period. As far as being better coached, well yeah, I'm not a big fan of our coaching staff either. But our offense is nothing to be toyed with.

We shall see. As has been said a billion times already in lots of threads, the Houston Jeckel and Hydes are a difficult team to predict. I predict nothing except that if Houston DOES show up, it ain't gonna be an easy game for Indy at all. You just never know with these Texans...........

If recent history is an indicator, look for the Texans to fold on Monday Night.
Every time expectations and stakes were HIGH, the Texans have a 100%
loss rate. The playoffs start after the bye, because every potential
loss could keep you out of the playoffs due to who you're playing.

ThaShark316
10-21-2010, 07:35 PM
The Texans are 2-6 following a BYE, half of those losses to a division rival. I'm not huffing paint here so no wild illusions of taking advantage of the Colts. I hope I'm surprised but honestly? I now underatand I am looking at a mirage, not an oasis. 4-2, right? Meh...

what's the record this year after a bye? http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/fbj4fb.jpg.png

Maddict5
10-21-2010, 07:40 PM

i cant see that happening given how shitty our D has been. imo thats been the best thing about the first 6 weeks- we'r 4-2 despite playing crap for long stretches. if we had been dominating teams id have the same concerns as you but the D has been terrible & the offence knowing they'll HAVE to to 35-ish pts to win should mean a focused team shows up in indy

Maddict5
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM

i take your pt but the NE game last yr was a high stakes game that they came through in

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 07:53 PM
i take your pt but the NE game last yr was a high stakes game that they came through in
High stakes?!?! What? Limping to a 9-7 finish is what you call high stakes?

If you say so....

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 07:56 PM

The games I'm referencing started after Buffalo, and ended after the
second Jacksonville game. The stakes were highest then, because
winning them would have GUARANTEED a playoff spot without
"wishing" teams that clinched would still play balls-out against
the Jets.

The Patriots game had high stakes for the Texans, none for the Patriots.
Bill had most of his key veterans out of the game, and tinkered around
with his QB throughout much of the game. The stakes are highest when
BOTH sides have everything to lose.

That stretch of games after Buffalo and until the second Jacksonville game
sank the Texans last year, and they were playing for a "cosmetic touch" after that
point.

...and we all know it. Blaming the Colts and Bengals for taking it easy on
the Jets is lame. The Texans had their chance (or 5 of them) and blew it.

Give me six of the next eight, Texans. All those teams are direct competition
for a playoff spot, and both sides have everything to lose. I'll believe
the Texans are "for real" if they take the playoffs away from the teams
we're about to face.

JB
10-21-2010, 07:57 PM
High stakes?!?! What? Limping to a 9-7 finish is what you call high stakes?

If you say so....

At the time, we had to win the game to have a chance to make the playoffs.

And we did.

thunderkyss
10-21-2010, 08:03 PM
next 8 games.

& here I thought they would earn your respect if they do better than 5-7 over the first 12 games.

Keep on moving that target...

Jeff S.
10-21-2010, 08:04 PM
If Manning's playing with 10 Pop Warner players, we're not out of the woods.

Haha...Remember that commercial that Manning did with those kids? I think it was a Super Bowl ad, where he hit that kid in the butt with a pass? Very funny stuff.

thunderkyss
10-21-2010, 08:05 PM

care to expand on this?

brakos82
10-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Haha...Remember that commercial that Manning did with those kids? I think it was a Super Bowl ad, where he hit that kid in the butt with a pass? Very funny stuff.

It was on SNL, but yeah, :lol:

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 08:07 PM
& here I thought they would earn your respect if they do better than 5-7 over the first 12 games.

Keep on moving that target...

The target is still the same. Playoffs, or no respect.
Within the context of this season, They must either
win the division or snatch a tiebreaker or two from the
Jets and Ravens.

Playoffs, my friend. See everything I say within the context
of "playoffs."

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2010, 08:25 PM

And we did.

Unfortunately, previous games were the more important ones.

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2010, 08:41 PM
The Colts tonight just reported that their DT today underwent surgery on his knee.

Colts' DL Antonio Johnson Undergoes Knee Surgery (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/21/colts-dl-antonio-johnson-undergoes-knee-surgery/)

CloakNNNdagger
10-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Colts have re-signed free agent TE-Gijon Robinson who was waived the end of September.

Texan_Bill
10-21-2010, 09:17 PM

Maybe your Kool-Aid needs to be alcohol free! :lol:

*Disclaimer: I did not read the exchange between drs23 and Herv, but it was a chance just to jack with drs23*

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 09:21 PM

And we did.

We also need for two teams to lose their final game of the season as well as hoped that NE benches as many people as they can. That isn't what I call much of a chance and certainly not the "nail in the coffin" game that we needed. Of the seven losses... pick one and that right there instantly makes the Pats game worth a damn.

The Patriots game was great and a shuffle-forward but it certainly wasn't a battle for "King of the Mountain."

I guess a glimmer of hope...

JB
10-21-2010, 09:25 PM
We also need for two teams to lose their final game of the season as well as hoped that NE benches as many people as they can. That isn't what I call much of a chance and certainly not the "nail in the coffin" game that we needed. Of the seven losses... pick one and that right there instantly makes the Pats game worth a damn.

The Patriots game was great and a shuffle-forward but it certainly wasn't a battle for "King of the Mountain."I guess a glimmer of hope...

No, But it did let us see the mountain for the first time.

drs23
10-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Dex, how recent the history? Just MNF or opening day, or the most recent? I can't speak for anyone other than myself but tailgaiting with the Blue Crew and JB and a bunch of other folks before the Colts game my expectations were really, really high. I guess the only thing at stake was leaving Reliant that day 1 and 0 or 0 and 1. For that day it was a 100% win rate. I was pleased, so that's at least once that statement is incorrect, at best. And it's not like to say the opening day win can't be a win to take the division.

I agree that the season starts on MNF in Indy. I believe this team has as good of a chance to win as Indy. Enough said already on the defense, yeah, they need to show up. There are signs that this offense is starting to click. Everyone on both teams have a little time to recuperate.

When it comes down to it, you line up you're best of 53 and play pro ball.

The season starts November 1st. :fans:

Texan_Bill
10-21-2010, 09:51 PM
We went to "The Dundgeon"???

:facepalm:

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 09:56 PM
No, But it did let us see the mountain for the first time.
You know the air guitar? I'm doing the air wank now.

See the mountain for the first time? I assumed the season was the mountain. Unless you meant the top? If so, can't see the summit from where we were. The playoffs is the only way one can fully understand the topical prominence of a summit.

JB
10-21-2010, 10:14 PM
You know the air guitar? I'm doing the air wank now.

See the mountain for the first time? I assumed the season was the mountain. Unless you meant the top? If so, can't see the summit from where we were. The playoffs is the only way one can fully understand the topical prominence of a summit.

Gah! You make me think to much when all I want to do is drink and watch football...

and make a stupid comment now and then.

JB
10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
We went to "The Dundgeon"???

:facepalm:

Yes. Yes, some of us did. You were there.

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Gah! You make me think to much when all I want to do is drink and watch football...

and make a stupid comment now and then.

You didn't make a stupid comment. I'm just ticked off at the Texans right now after doing a three day DVR marathon. Texans can do no right by me until they shut up and put up.

Soft.

drs23
10-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Maybe your Kool-Aid needs to be alcohol free! :lol:

*Disclaimer: I did not read the exchange between drs23 and Herv, but it was a chance just to jack with drs23*

I like the way it is! :gamer:

JB
10-21-2010, 10:28 PM
You didn't make a stupid comment. I'm just ticked off at the Texans right now after doing a three day DVD marathon. Texans can do no right by me until they shut up and put up.

Soft.

I can understand that, and last Sunday I was as mad at the Texans as I have ever been, other than the MNF disaster last year. But at the end of the game, we won. We beat Indy. We came from way down to beat Wash.

I am not happy with the team, and have lots of concern going forward, but right now I am going to be an optimist and have faith in my team. I can do nothing else without making myself and everyone around me (and probably most of the members of this board) miserable.

We are on our bye week. This is the time of rejuvenation and renewed hopes.

Plenty of time for gloom and doom thought later, like when it is actually deserved. After all, irregardless :D of how bad they have been on defense and inconsistent overall, we do have a winning record after 6 games for the first time ever. We are in 1st place in the division and as of right now, hold all the tie-breakers.

If things go to shit later, we can be mad for a long time. I can be glad for right now, just because I can.

drs23
10-21-2010, 10:31 PM
I can understand that, and last Sunday I was as mad at the Texans as I have ever been, other than the MNF disaster last year. But at the end of the game, we won. We beat Indy. We came from way down to beat Wash.

I am not happy with the team, and have lots of concern going forward, but right now I am going to be an optimist and have faith in my team. I can do nothing else without making myself and everyone around me (and probably most of the members of this board) miserable.

Plenty of time for gloom and doom thought later, like when it is actually deserved. After all, irregardless :D of how bad they have been on defense and inconsistent overall, we do have a winning record after 6 games for the first time ever. We are in 1st place in the division and as of right now, hold all the tie-breakers.

If things go to shit later, we can be mad for a long time. I can be glad for right now, just because I can.

:goodpost:

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 10:40 PM

I'll have to pass on the day-old donuts here. I'm tired of eating a bunch of stale suck.

brakos82
10-21-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm with the old fart on this one.

JB
10-21-2010, 10:54 PM
I'll have to pass on the day-old donuts here. I'm tired of eating a bunch of stale suck.

Ok. So maybe go back and watch the Indy game again, and forget all the others you watched.

Or just put on the Playboy Channel and watch the LFL and forget about it.

NitroGSXR
10-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Ok. So maybe go back and watch the Indy game again, and forget all the others you watched.

Or just put on the Playboy Channel and watch the LFL and forget about it.

It's the only game I don't have DVR'ed. They installed my Directv the day after.

:kubepalm:

JB
10-21-2010, 11:11 PM
It's the only game I don't have DVR'ed. They installed my Directv the day after.

:kubepalm: NFL game rewind is your friend. No commercials.

Or the Lingerie Football League will make you smile...:D

brakos82
10-21-2010, 11:13 PM
There's also..... questionable manners.

NitroGSXR
10-22-2010, 12:23 AM
:kubepalm: NFL game rewind is your friend. No commercials.

Or the Lingerie Football League will make you smile...:D

I tried it last year or the year before. You would think so but closed captioning isn't offered at all. When I contacted them about the problem, they suggested I try NFL Field Pass.

JB
10-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I tried it last year or the year before. You would think so but closed captioning isn't offered at all. When I contacted them about the problem, they suggested I try NFL Field Pass.

That sucks!

newtexan
10-22-2010, 03:29 PM
The Colts could be without 5 or 6 starters come next monday night , and you thought only the Texans had issues , this game is very winnable.:roast:

SrslySirius
10-22-2010, 04:06 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned yet... Dallas Clark is getting surgery on the wrist and is out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5714509

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned yet... Dallas Clark is getting surgery on the wrist and is out for the season.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1559094&postcount=36

Big Lou
10-22-2010, 06:25 PM

With Clark out we might be able to keep Peyton under 4,049,872,361,723,234,930,001,232,716,725,663,900, 736,193,372,167 yards passing!!!!!!!

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2010, 08:33 PM
With Clark out we might be able to keep Peyton under 4,049,872,361,723,234,930,001,232,716,725,663,900, 736,193,372,167 yards passing!!!!!!!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

cuppacoffee
10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
You didn't make a stupid comment. I'm just ticked off at the Texans right now after doing a three day DVR marathon. Texans can do no right by me until they shut up and put up.

Soft. and counterfeit.

:coffee:

Rey
10-22-2010, 09:10 PM
When I don't expect much from the Texans they seem to play well...When I think they are going to go into a game and lay a beat down, they dissapoint...

I'm gonna keeep my expectations low...You all can thank me later...

CloakNNNdagger
10-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Speaking of Dallas Clark:

“He’s such an integral part of what they do,” Texans director of pro personnel Brian Gardner said. “They do so many different things with him, it’s difficult for me to see them replacing his contribution.”
link (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-10-22/dallas-clark-injury-deals-severe-blow-to-colts-title-hopes)

brakos82
10-22-2010, 10:49 PM

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/facepalmzzzp11.gif

MEGA SWATT
10-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Honestly, we really weren't expected to beat the colts to open the season, we sure the heck weren't supposed to beat the Redskins or Chiefs the way they controlled the bulk of the game. Given this, that's why we play the games. I think we have a great chance to beat the colts since we will be seeking Natl. attention and validation and we will be rested and typically game plan very well lately for the colts. :fans::fans: **their injuries do favor the Texans in a close game**

SheTexan
10-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Gonna be embarrassing as hell IF we lose on MNF AGAIN, esp with all the excuses everyone is coming up with for the Colts. PM has the ability to zero in on the UNKNOWN and make him a one night hero!! Our D better get their arses in gear and be prepared. That's all I gotta say.

Norg
10-23-2010, 01:16 PM
we had all our injury earlier in the season

Barwin
Bulman
Andre Davis
now Demco

whats our injury report look like

anywayz i think we can beat the colts just full on running with Foster and Ward and dont let slaton return kicks and we should have this one LOL

awtysst
10-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Gonna be embarrassing as hell IF we lose on MNF AGAIN, esp with all the excuses everyone is coming up with for the Colts. PM has the ability to zero in on the UNKNOWN and make him a one night hero!! Our D better get their arses in gear and be prepared. That's all I gotta say.

Except the Colts still have Manning. And Manning can take very ordinary receivers look like stars, see Garcon and Colie.

Ryan
10-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Guys guys guys, haven't we learned not to look ahead too far? We still have a very difficult match vs the bye this week!:kubepalm:

MEGA SWATT
10-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Guys guys guys, haven't we learned not to look ahead too far? We still have a very difficult match vs the bye this week!:kubepalm:

Dude, I can't find that game on my comcast guide:foottap:

so mad right now:strangle:

brakos82
10-23-2010, 02:10 PM

They're a bunch of no-names, we'll be fine....

ObsiWan
10-23-2010, 02:11 PM

I think the spread is the Bye -6-1/2
:D

J_R
10-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Add Anthony Gonzalez to the list

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5722887&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Indianapolis Colts (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts) receiver Anthony Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10476), who is being counted on to help replace Austin Collie (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12561), who recently underwent thumb surgery and will likely miss a few weeks, recently tweaked the high ankle sprain that he had been nursing since early in the season, according to a source familiar with the situation.

It does not appear to be a major injury at this time, but it is notable considering what the Colts receivers have gone through in recent days. Besides the injury to Collie, the Colts also lost Dallas Clark (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4482) for the season when the tight end was placed on injured reserve with a wrist injury.

Gonzalez might not be ready to play as soon as Indianapolis would like and it could be the latest setback for a wide receiver that has had plenty of them the past two seasons.

CloakNNNdagger
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Don't know how much this will really change things.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Anthony Gonzalez (ankle) will be "ready" to go for Monday Night Football.

The Colts didn't issue an injury report on Wednesday, but it sounds like Gonzalez's reported high ankle sprain aggravation was very minor in nature. Gonzalez hasn't played a full game since the 2008 season.link (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39878985/ns/sports-player_news/)

CloakNNNdagger
10-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Colts missing Joseph Addai, Donald Brown at practicePosted PFT by Gregg Rosenthal on October 28, 2010 8:04 PM ET
Third-year Colts running back Mike Hart may just get his first NFL start on Monday Night Football.

Joseph Addai (shoulder) and Donald Brown (knee) both missed practice Thursday for the Colts as the team fully got back to work after their bye week. Addai is considered a longshot to play, but there was hope Brown could return this week.

ESPN's Adam Schefter says there is a "real chance" Brown plays this week. The second year back did not speak to reporters Thursday.

Elsewhere on the Colts injury report, Anthony Gonzalez was a full participant in practice. It looks like he's finally back back from his ankle sprain. Pierre Garcon missed work with a hamstring injury.

Also out for Indy: wideout Austin Collie (hand), linebacker Kavell Conner (foot), wide receiver Pierre Garcon (hamstring), defensive tackle Antonio Johnson (knee), cornerback Jacob Lacey (foot), cornerback Jerraud Powers (foot), and safety Bob Sanders (biceps).

That's an awfully banged up team considering they are coming off a bye.

That last statement is pretty funny...........if you're not on the receiving end.:texflag:

NitroGSXR
10-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Whatever. I'm not buying the Addai day-to-day status. He's playing.

GuerillaBlack
10-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Whatever. I'm not buying the Addai day-to-day status. He's playing.

He's gonna wish he didn't play, if he does in fact play. He doesn't want to meet the Ninja and his defensive sidekicks.

BIG TORO
10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Addai will be out for MNF:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=188111

badboy
10-29-2010, 09:53 AM
If we get ahead by much in the game I expect the announcers to begin talking about Brett Favre.

NitroGSXR
10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Addai will be out for MNF:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=188111

Ain't buying. Nothing about that report is definite. He's still day-to-day!

BIG TORO
10-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Ain't buying. Nothing about that report is definite. He's still day-to-day!

I don't know from what I read from CND that injury might keep him out.

NitroGSXR
10-29-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't know from what I read from CND that injury might keep him out.
Nonono... it's not an issue about what CnD says. It's an issue with what the Colts are saying about his status... They're pussyfooting around as usual.

badboy
10-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Nonono... it's not an issue about what CnD says. It's an issue with what the Colts are saying about his status... They're pussyfooting around as usual.
Yep!

JB
10-29-2010, 05:33 PM
From about an hour ago...

Colts WR Pierre Garcon back to full practice, RB Donald Brown back to limited practice, and still no practice for RB Joseph Addai.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

:texflag:

Rey
10-29-2010, 05:39 PM
In 2006, the Colts went 11-1 with Clark in the lineup. When he went down with a knee injury, the Colts finished the season 1-3, although a lot of the blame fell on the porous run defense, which got shredded by Houston and Jacksonville. When Clark came back for the postseason -- thank heaven for medical second opinions -- the Colts didn't exactly light up the scoreboard, but Clark was their best weapon on the way to a Super Bowl title.

"It's going to be different than 2006 because we've literally seen a change in the way teams defend Dallas now," Manning said. "Since he's established himself as such a threat in the slot, at tight end, in the backfield, he's become even more versatile. The last four years, teams are using nickel, using dime, double-teaming him with a defensive end and a linebacker; we just didn't see it back then.

"Now the real question is, 'Do they continue to do those kinds of things or do they totally change what they do?' Dallas has just been so awesome, he's made defenses think a lot more."

We've already seen how different the Colts looked in 2006 when they lost Clark for a month.

Two more random examples:

In 2007, the Baltimore Ravens were 3-3 when they lost tight end Todd Heap. They went 2-8 down the stretch without him. (There were extenuating circumstances, but the numbers are instructive.)

The Green Bay Packers opened this season 3-1 and averaged 26 points per game with emerging tight end star Jermichael Finley. In the three games he has missed, they've gone 1-2 and averaged 17.7 points. (Again, some extenuating circumstances; the Packers lost their running back and several other key players.)

This won't all be about Manning, although he's always at the center of things.

Gonzalez needs to come back with a strong performance and re-stake his claim as part of the team's long-term future. The defense has to step up and consistently take more ownership of a team whose offense has been wracked by injuries. And the offensive line, which has improved markedly since that opening-game mess in Houston, has to play its best game of the season in run and pass blocking.

There also can't be any slippage in special teams, an area that tends to suffer the trickle-down effects of front-line injuries. There's no punter/kickoff man/holder Pat McAfee -- and his suspension now makes more sense with the knowledge that coach Jim Caldwell laid down the law on off-field shenanigans right before McAfee's late-night swim.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101029/SPORTS15/10290329/Kravitz-Replacing-Dallas-Clark-Sorry-that-s-not-possible?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Colts

CloakNNNdagger
10-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Sources: Joseph Addai likely out (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5740052&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

Running backs Joseph Addai and Donald Brown did not practice Thursday for the Colts.

Addai is nursing a shoulder injury sustained in Week 5 against the Kansas City Chiefs. He probably won't play when the Colts host the Houston Texans on Monday night, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Brown, who has not played since Sept. 26 against the Broncos because of a hamstring injury, is close to returning, sources told Schefter.

Notice how the headline doesn't match the Text. An also note how, as Nitro
points out, Caldwell is playing out "the game" to the end, despite the fact that "the end" is inevitable...........almost.:

REPORT: COLTS JOSEPH ADDAI OUT, DONALD BROWN IN FOR MONDAY NIGHT (http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2010/10/29/report-colts-joseph-addai-out-donald-brown-in-for-monday-night) 10.29.10 at 3:14 pm ET
By Nick Traicoff

According to ESPN insider Adam Schefter, who joined the Dennis & Callahan show Friday morning (listen to the interview here), the Colts running back position is in just as much flux as the receivers.

Schefter reports that Joseph Addai is likely to miss Monday’s contest against the Texans with a shoulder injury. Addai was originally hurt in Week 5 against the Chiefs, but the shoulder was re-aggravated the following week against the Redskins. Addai was putting up his best numbers of the year (17 carries, 128 yards, one touchdown) before exiting the game.

Earlier on Thursday, Colts coach Jim Caldwell told reporters that Addai’s tolerance for pain is “unusual,” while adding, “He can turn it around in a moment’s notice. It’s a day to day situation.” So while he remains unlikely to go, Addai can’t be ruled out entirely yet.

Meanwhile, Donald Brown, who has been out since Sept. 26 because of a hamstring injury, is expected to return soon, according to Schefter. If he too can’t go, the coaching staff has expressed full confidence in second-year back Mike Hart to carry a heavy workload.

J_R
10-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Texans:
Earl Mitchell - Doubtful
Jesse Nading - Doubtful
Mike Brisiel - Questionable
Xavier Adibi - Probable
Kevin Bentley - Probable
Owen Daniels - Probable
Dorin Dickerson - Probable
Garrett Graham - Probable
Andre Johnson - Probable
Sherrick McManis - Probable
Karl Paymah - Probable
Darryl Sharpton - Probable

Colts:
Joseph Addai - Doubtful
Jacob Lacey - Questionable(OUT)
Jerraud Powers - Questionable
Reggie Wayne - Questionable
Donald Brown - Questionable
Pierre Garcon - Questionable
Anthony Gonzalez - Questionable
Gary Brackett - Probable
Austin Collie - OUT
Kavell Connor - OUT
Antonio Johnson - OUT
Bob Sanders - OUT

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Texans:
Earl Mitchell - Doubtful
Jesse Nading - Doubtful
Mike Brisiel - Questionable
Xavier Adibi - Probable
Kevin Bentley - Probable
Owen Daniels - Probable
Dorin Dickerson - Probable
Garrett Graham - Probable
Andre Johnson - Probable
Sherrick McManis - Probable
Karl Paymah - Probable
Darryl Sharpton - Probable

Colts:
Joseph Addai - Doubtful
Jacob Lacey - Questionable(OUT)
Jerraud Powers - Questionable
Reggie Wayne - Questionable
Donald Brown - Questionable
Pierre Garcon - Questionable
Anthony Gonzalez - QuestionableGary Brackett - Probable
Austin Collie - OUT
Kavell Connor - OUT
Antonio Johnson - OUT
Bob Sanders - OUT

These players may or may not see the field this Monday. But with their type of injuries, I don't expect to "recognize" them. And would not be surprised if they suffered reinjury if they try to go full bore.

NitroGSXR
10-30-2010, 06:26 PM
These players may or may not see the field this Monday. But with their type of injuries, I don't expect to "recognize" them. And would not be surprised if they suffered reinjury if they try to go full bore.
Why do you say that? Specifically Wayne, Gonzalez, and Garcon. I read your thoughts on the Brown injury along with Addai in another thread. If I missed any other threads... apologies.

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Why do you say that? Specifically Wayne, Gonzalez, and Garcon. I read your thoughts on the Brown injury along with Addai in another thread. If I missed any other threads... apologies.

I remember watching the Colts injury reports last year. Minor hamstrings were routinely labelled "probable". Hamstrings are very unpredictable and are only tested "under fire." High ankle sprains are hard to come back from quickly........AJ is still not able to cut quickly. With so many players out and injured, I suspect that Caldwell is playing his best game..........with the injury list, that is.

Texan4Ever
10-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I hope to see Jerry Hughes play (went to high school with him in Sugar Land, TX). Hughes is a stud and I want to see him go up against Duane Brown, good match-up there IMO.

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I hope to see Jerry Hughes play (went to high school with him in Sugar Land, TX). Hughes is a stud and I want to see him go up against Duane Brown, good match-up there IMO.

I don't know much about him, but I remember coming across this piece just a couple weeks ago.

Is Colts 2010 First Round Pick Jerry Hughes A 'Bust' Already? (http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/10/12/1746984/is-colts-2010-first-round-pick-jerry-hughes-a-bust-already)