PDA

View Full Version : You know it's bad for Oakland when....

brakos82
10-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Their punter is playing QB.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=75050

With Bruce Gradkowski out (shoulder) and Jason Campbell apparently bothered by a sore knee, there was some thought that the Raiders would sign a quarterback just to help get through practice this week.

They didn't, and Wednesday they turned to punter Shane Lechler to help out. Lechler, who has a nice arm and helps out throwing at drills during training camp, got behind center a few times to spell Campbell and Kyle Boller at practice.

Lechler, 34, led East Bernard High (Texas) to the state quarterfinals his senior year, completing 87 of 101 (86.1%) passes for 1,640 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Raiders fans can go ahead and start the "Even the punter is better than Campbell" talk now.

Kulluminatii
10-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Raiders fans can go ahead and start the "Even the punter is better than Campbell" talk now.

I doubt Lechler could have a worse game. On another site someone did the math and said that a person could spike the ball the entire game, and still end up with a higher QB rating than Campbell ( who had a 10.7).

:kubepalm: :facepalm: :wadepalm:

Ckw
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Lechler actually has a very good arm. I lived in East Bernard while Lechler was in high school and saw him play plenty, and the guy was a damn good QB. Now, obviously that doesn't mean he can be a pro QB, but there are certainly worse guys you could put behind center.

Thorn
10-21-2010, 06:38 AM
So, which is worse, a punter pass or a halfback pass?

drewmar74
10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Sounds like Shane Lechler > Chris Brown

BigBull17
10-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I doubt Lechler could have a worse game. On another site someone did the math and said that a person could spike the ball the entire game, and still end up with a higher QB rating than Campbell ( who had a 10.7).

:kubepalm: :facepalm: :wadepalm:

I knew people were out of their minds when they said Campbell was starter caliber.

El Tejano
10-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Okay, so seeing this, I'm wondering how we couldn't package one of our backup QBs with something else to not land Aso. Not saying Texans didn't offer that (although it remains a possibility they didn't) so don't get all mad and call me a "Mcnair is cheap" guy. I'm just wondering that if we did make the offer, why Oakland wouldn't bite and if we didn't - how come?

Certainly, Matt Leinhart looks good to a team that is down to one QB and is still playing musical chairs with their QB position.