PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Clark out for season?

Tailgate
10-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Or just a rumor? Found these today.

I really, really hope this is is not true. From Matt Hoke, via Twitter:

Rumor: Dallas Clark out for the year & Gijon Robinson has been signed by the #colts.

Matt's the Technical Director at the NBC affiliate in Indianapolis.

Earlier today, the Colts re-signed tight end Gijon Robinson. We all wondered why. If this is true, now we know.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/10/20/1763669/rumor-dallas-clark-done-for-2010-season

Dallas Clark suffered a left hand/wrist injury in Week 6, the extent of which is unknown.
Rumors are making the rounds on Twitter that Clark has a serious injury. Colts coach Jim Caldwell, however, said only that Clark is "being evaluated" on Wednesday. No reports have confirmed the rumor, and the secretive Colts rarely let much injury information leak out. Still, Clark owners would be smart to grab a worthwhile TE2 in the meantime. They should already have one rostered by now, anyway, with Indianapolis on a Week 7 bye

http://twitter.com/pwilson24/status/27952421207

JWarren14
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Even if it's true it's not like we can cover any of their other WRs or back-up TEs.

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Even if it's true it's not like we can cover any WRs or back-up TEs period. Or backs out of the backfield. Or backs lined up at wide receiver. Basically anyone.

That is a little better.

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
This seems to happen every year. Dallas Clark, or really any Colt, has an injury and is questionable up to game time. Then, low and behold, they go ape shit. Clark had a bum hammy? 15 catches 120+ yards in the first half. Freeney have a back problem? 2 sacks. I'll believe it when I see it.

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Or just a rumor? Found these today.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/10/20/1763669/rumor-dallas-clark-done-for-2010-season

http://twitter.com/pwilson24/status/27952421207

I saw this hit, he went to catch something and someone fell on him driving his right shoulder into the ground he got up running off the field with him arm hanging down.. I thought it was likely a stinger but looked serious. I'm guessing he dislocated his shoulder or tore up his rotater cuff.. It didn't look good.

gtexan02
10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
He came back in the game and finished though. I doubt its season ender if he completed the game

Texecutioner
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
More great news to my underachieving fantasy team this year.

What a brutal season I'm having.

Mr teX
10-20-2010, 03:48 PM
More great news to my underachieving fantasy team this year.

What a brutal season I'm having.

Don't feel bad, everyone's having a terrible fantasy football season. I have Desean jackson on 1 team & demeco on another...

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
That is a little better.

:foottap: A little better? It depends on your perpesctive.. That said, your change was more accurate.

Texecutioner
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't feel bad, everyone's having a terrible fantasy football season. I have Desean jackson on 1 team & demeco on another...

Man, Moss left the Patriots which hurt Brady's value for me. I drafted Ryan Mathews early and because of his injury early on he lost his lock to get 20 carries a game and GL carries which has killed his production this season. That and my WR's that play awful when I start them only to go nuts the week that I finally can't afford another 2 point game and bench them where they blow up. It's been the worst most frustrating season ever this year and I have some really annoying team owners in this league that take FF trash talking to whole new level. Oh, and on top of that my team has had by far the most points against me when you can see who has played the roughest schedule from week to week. I've just had every ounce of bad omen against me this year.

Ryan
10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
He'll take some magical potion and be just fine for us. No need to sweat it people. :worldpeace:

ThaShark316
10-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Adam_Schefter

Colts TE Dallas Clark is out indefinitely w/ hand/wrist injury. He plans to go for 2nd and 3rd opinions to determine how long he'll miss.

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2010, 05:12 PM
NBC reports: (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39767665/ns/sports-player_news/)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Dallas Clark is "out indefinitely" with a hand/wrist injury.

We still don't know the details, but Clark is seeking "second and third opinions," indicating that surgery is a possibility. Schefter hints that Clark could miss the rest of the season, adding that the Colts "are not optimistic." The team re-signed TE/FB Gijon Robinson on Wednesday, confirming the concern. Owners shouldn't cut bait until we get confirmation, but Clark's season is clearly in jeopardy. His loss would upgrade the second-half outlook of Austin Collie as Peyton Manning's new go-to receiver underneath.

NitroGSXR
10-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Per NFLn....

Placed on IR and will be having surgery on his wrist. It's official.

Blake
10-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Well that sucks. Now the doltz fans have an excuse if we win the AFC South.

Section516
10-22-2010, 11:07 AM

More so than us losing our 2nd round draft pick x 2, one being schemed as a large part of our defense..Our 'Heart and Soul' of our defense, Our #1 WR out 1 game and playing 1 1/2 gimpy? Cushing for 4 games and Brown for 4? What else?

:pop: Sorry colts, You still have Manning. Playing field is =

Goatcheese
10-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't think it's that big of a loss for them. Clark is good, but not great. This might cost them 1 game this season, but they'll still have 10-11 wins.

Blake
10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
More so than us losing our 2nd round draft pick x 2, one being schemed as a large part of our defense..Our 'Heart and Soul' of our defense, Our #1 WR out 1 game and playing 1 1/2 gimpy? Cushing for 4 games and Brown for 4? What else?

:pop: Sorry colts, You still have Manning. Playing field is =

There is no denying that they have been hit harder by injuries than us. Just take a look.

Bob Sanders - Out Indefinitely.
Melvin Bullet - Out for Season.
Dallas Clark - Out for Season.
Marlin Jackson - Out for Season.
Austin Collie - Out 2-4 weeks.
Joseph Addai - Out 2 weeks.

DeMeco Ryans and an unknown rookie RB dont hurt the Texans as much as the list above hurts the doltz.

toronto
10-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Clark has been put on IR - that's a significant loss for them.

NitroGSXR
10-22-2010, 12:07 PM
There is no denying that they have been hit harder by injuries than us. Just take a look.

DeMeco Ryans and an unknown rookie RB dont hurt the Texans as much as the list above hurts the doltz.

Don't forget McAfee!! Out for one game due to injury to pride.

Ryan
10-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Who's their backup TE? I will add him to every one of my fantasy leagues for the next game.

:kubepalm:

Blake
10-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Who's their backup TE? I will add him to every one of my fantasy leagues for the next game.

:kubepalm:

Hah! The new face of TERROR!

http://www.colts.com/images/player_photos/Tamme_Jacob.jpg

ubecool454
10-23-2010, 04:35 AM

Not really, we have lost Demeco Ryans and Tate for the season so we won't be at full strength either.

TheIronDuke
10-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Pretty sure he was referring to Barwin, and he is a pretty big loss apparently.