PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison considering retirement bc of new suspension rules

gtexan02
10-20-2010, 11:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706748
Harrison, who was fined $75,000 for a hit that knocked Mohamed Massaquoi out of the Steelers' win over the Cleveland Browns, said Tuesday on Fox Sports Radio's "Into The Night with Tony Bruno" that he might consider retirement.

"I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach tomorrow and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective," Harrison told guest host Judy McDonald. "If not, I may have to give up playing football."

To this I say.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4yTU1RLFTkVqcM:http://www.milkmanthefilm.com/akirawing/img/Worlds%20Smallest%20Violin.jpg&t=1

eriadoc
10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm OK with the Steelers being weakened on defense.

Stemp
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Well.. Bye

Dutchrudder
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
You would think the tough guy would just man up and play...

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 11:24 AM
What a *****.

Dread-Head
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm OK with the Steelers being weakened on defense.

The Steelers winning a 7th :trophy: would serve the Cowgirls a big, thick, steaming bowl of Shut the Vugg UP...so I'm cool with it.

Mr. White
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Whatever.

This wasn't the first cheapshot we've seen by Harrison. Now that he's on Goodell's radar, it's time for the waterworks. We'll see him Sunday.

Blake
10-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Cry me a river.

In the immortal words of Joe Texan, STFU Harrison! ROFL!!

Double Barrel
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Dude is not going to quit with so much money still on the table. His mouth is just running right now, and I'd be shocked if his actions follow.

eriadoc
10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
And just because no one's said it yet ....

"If not, I may have to give up playing football."

Can I have your stuff?

Dutchrudder
10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
And just because no one's said it yet ....

Can I have your stuff?

Is this a WoW reference?

Texecutioner
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Dude is not going to quit with so much money still on the table. His mouth is just running right now, and I'd be shocked if his actions follow.

Exactly. Lol!!

Yeah right he's really going to retire over this.

Harrison STFU!

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Is this a WoW reference?

It's a MMO reference that was in effect way before WoW, before WoW there was SWG/EQII, before that there was Dark Age of Camelot, and before that there was Everquest/Ultima Online, and before that there was MUD's..

ok so yah I have played a bit of MMO/MUD's in my day :)

Errant Hothy
10-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Harrison should call up his pee-wee football coach and get some remedial lessons on form tackling. It's not that hard to properly tackle somebody, hell my 7 year old can do it.

downtownsb
10-20-2010, 04:13 PM
This is the same guy that refused to visit the White House after they won the Super Bowl a few years ago. Great player but there is obviously very little going on upstairs.

NitroGSXR
10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Good for him!

I hope more players join him in halting this faceous crusade by Goodell. This is becoming less and less like football every year.

Let them play!

Let them play!

Let them play!

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Well.. Bye

Don't know why, but reading your post, I thought of these guys:

http://www.michaelbiehn.co.uk/graphics/synopsis/tombstone03.jpg

Johnny Ringo & Curly Bill

Double Barrel
10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Harrison should call up his pee-wee football coach and get some remedial lessons on form tackling. It's not that hard to properly tackle somebody, hell my 7 year old can do it.

My thoughts exactly. These guys are going to have to use actual skill and sound tackling fundamentals instead of just launching themselves to cheap shot players now. Boo freakin' hoo, Harrison.

"I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach tomorrow and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective,"

See if he can actually play by NFL rules??? This sounds like a small bit of confession on his part. :thinking: