PDA

View Full Version : How do you see the rest of the season going?

TEXANJAK
10-20-2010, 10:30 AM
We got some games under are belt now.wondering where everyone sees us going.I think deep playoff run.

HTown2ATX
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh yeah, this should be a fun thread right here... :evil:

I think it all depends on the defense.

..........and let the flood gates open........CL Rant and Rave style :tiphat:

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 10:41 AM
If our D doesn't improve, we'll go 9-7 ish and miss the play offs by a game. They'll use injuries as an excuse and everyone will be back. They will refuse to get a fat ass dt, will keep Zerokoye because he had a "heck of a year". Make no real changes, not touch a FS in the draft and come openning day we'll see the same ole bland awful defense. Kubiak will "stick to his guys", we'll have an injury that gives us a built in excuse, rinse repeat.

Showtime100
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM
9-7, no playoffs. Just being honest about how I see it now.

Next year? Locked out. 2012 we go undefeated until the end of the world as we know it in December and the season obviously ends short of any playoffs.

This is why I'm not big on prediction threads. :D

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Historicals during the Kubiak regime would show us going 4-6 for the remainder of the games. I was bullish pegging us at 11 wins before the season, but see us finishing up at 8-8

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

kiwitexansfan
10-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I see a lot of complaining, arguing, calling for heads and exaggeration.

eriadoc
10-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Historicals during the Kubiak regime would show us going 4-6 for the remainder of the games. I was bullish pegging us at 11 wins before the season, but see us finishing up at 8-8

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

I'm kind of leaning this way, as well. The only way we win games is if the offense puts up 30+, and since they don't seem to consistently show up, we can't really count on that. The only thing we can count on for sure is the defense giving up 400+ yards a game and the most points in the NFL. As teams scout the games against Dallas and NYG, I suspect the offense will be slowed enough to lose a few more than ought to be lost.

HOU-TEX
10-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Re: How do you see the rest of the season going?

Painful

Showtime100
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

I can see that. Mayb switch the Tennessee split to where the Texans win there and lose here instead. Seems they (we) get fired up more by the opposing crowd than they do their own.

Corrosion
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Painful

^^This^^

If they dont figure out how to get their defense off the field ..... other than giving up points.

I expect "The Bye Week" to put up record numbers against the Texans defense this week while the Texans offense does just enough to keep the score even. :rake:

Thorn
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't know how the rest of the season will go, and predicting ANYTHING about the Texans other than their unpredictability is a waste of time. But, if the Texans don't make the playoffs this year I'm going to be pissed and calling for everyone's head on a platter. That's just how it is.

Now, until we actually get to the point where we make or don't make the playoffs, I'm trying to stay positive instead of a negative nilly. But make no mistake about how I'll feel if they don't make the playoffs.

Goldensilence
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
^^This^^

If they dont figure out how to get their defense off the field ..... other than giving up points.

I expect "The Bye Week" to put up record numbers against the Texans defense this week while the Texans offense does just enough to keep the score even. :rake:

Ouch. I agree on both accounts.

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I think we come out of the bye huge. That will be a win, IMO. We are a tough match-up for the Colts.

ThaShark316
10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Still 10-6.

I'm sorry but lol @ starting 7-4 and finishing 1-4. If you think we're gonna go 1-4 in a stretch, then make it for mid-season, not late in the year where they thrive.

ThaShark316
10-20-2010, 11:49 AM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

Hilarious.

Ladies and gents, if you are going to talk about kubiak's regime...at least put the losses in the right spots.

Wolf6151
10-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I think we lose the Indy game and that starts the downward spiral. The second half of our season schedule is brutal and I think we go 7-9 or 8-8 at best. Hopefully McNair has had enough and Kubiak and Co. are gone. I don't see any miracle turn around for this team, a zebra just doesn't change it's stripes, and this team is weak in the trenches.

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Hilarious.

Ladies and gents, if you are going to talk about kubiak's regime...at least put the losses in the right spots.

I do not find it funny that Kubiak is 35-35 during his tenure.

jshabang
10-20-2010, 12:13 PM
we made zero changes on defense....so the hope they get it together on defense stuff is really tired guys.....we are what we are and the secondary is gonna continue getting torched....no veteren leadership back there

so with tht being said......we might sneak in a playoff spot but get destroyed like a red headed stepchild one and done with a embarrasing loss that will make this messageboard a hot bed of pink soap....everyone must go and there will be chaos and pillaging down fannin st

Mr teX
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I do see us improving on defense, but only up from the bottom of the barrel to about 25th at most. That & the offense finally finding their grove will enable us to go 10-6 but i'm not sure if that's gonna be enough for us to win the division or get a wildcard.

BIG TORO
10-20-2010, 12:17 PM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

Im going pretty much the same except for pulling out a win in Denver or Philly for a 9-7 season.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 12:18 PM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

The games I've bolded, are games the Texans must win, before I believe
they actually CAN win them. I don't see how anyone can pencil-in any
wins in the AFC South, nor can one pencil in a win against San Diego.

The Chargers are playing a lot like Dallas was. They are still a very talented
team coughing up wins with mistakes THEY are making. So far, the
Texans have proven to be an elixir for such teams.

We will learn A LOT about the Texans over the next 8 games. I think
the Texans must do NO WORSE than 5-3 over the next 8 (6-2, if they lose
a tiebreaker to the wrong team,) to have a shot at postseason. I'm having a
hard time seeing where those 5 wins will come from, but if the Texans have
"turned the corner," they'll get those 5 wins. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the next 8
games has TIEBREAKER implications.

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 12:18 PM
I do see us improving on defense, but only up from the bottom of the barrel to about 25th at most. That & the offense finally finding their grove will enable us to go 10-6 but i'm not sure if that's gonna be enough for us to win the division or get a wildcard.

That improvement would be helpful. It's not gonna take us a whole lot to get wins.

HuttoKarl
10-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I hope and pray that the bye week helps us tweak our defense enough to not be the worst in the NFL....we played pretty well last season after the bye...hoping it happens again.

Ole Miss Texan
10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Hilarious.

Kubiak is 12-4 as Head Coach during the last 4 games of the season.

stingray
10-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I see a bunch of shootouts. We will pretty much have to score thirty everytime to have the chance to win the game. At least the games will be entertaining.

honored82
10-20-2010, 12:33 PM
9-7 wont take us to the playoffs this year, unless we beat Jets and or Ravens. I am hoping for 10-6 and we loose the Wild card Game in playoffs to either of the teams.

If we beat indy on Nov 01. and take care of Jags 2-0 and split with titans we should top the division easily. Fingers crossed. Nov 01 is like a playoff game. I would hate to see us with a 4-3 record:(

Mr. White
10-20-2010, 12:43 PM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

Good breakdown KT. I agree with the number though I see some of those W's being L's and vice versa.

I'll put it a littler simpler than you did. If we're up against a good Defensive Coordinator that can shut down our offense, then we'll lose.

Hilarious.

What makes your crystal ball so much better than his?

Hervoyel
10-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, there's a number of possibilities in an NFL season but the two that we are most torn between are as follows....

Bad things man, bad things....
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/dennis_hopper.jpg

@Colts - L, Revenge of the Peyton. Texans are destroyed on MNF
SD - L, they're better than their record and we come home and flop again.
@Jax - L, Not as bad as their record they get a much needed win at our expense
@NYJ - L, This won't be pretty regardless of the scenario.
Ten - W, A stop the bleeding win but this is starting to look familiar.
@Phi - L, Kevin Kolb is in a groove finally and we have no defense.
Bal - L, This won't be pretty regardless of the scenario.
@Ten - L, Titans & Vince beat us bad. Losing record a lock at this point.
@Den - W, Big "character win" showing how we don't quit even when we're done.
Jac - W, meaningless feel-good win to wrap up 7-9.

Excuses ensue with injuries and suspensions the main culprits. Bob McNair doesn't want to commit to anything yet with a lock-out coming up and so Gary gets another year or two if we don't play in 2011. As is often the case "rinse and repeat"

Or, we could see this....

Sold out? What do you mean already sold out?
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/football_playoffs_big.gif

@Colts - W, yes "W". We do to them exactly what we did to them in week one.
SD - W, we come home following that win and show rare maturity in not flopping.
@Jax - W, Jacksonville is as bad as we all hope they are. Bandwagon at capacity.
Ten - W, We get the monkey off our back and beat Vince Young at home...finally.
@Phi - W, We're going to win one against these guys. Winning season a lock.
@Ten - L, Scary loss makes us fear a 9-7 record but it's not in the cards.
@Den - W, Denver does their late season fade, our mojo is strong and we win the 10th
Jac - W, Jax is still bad and now mailing it in. Del Rio is a lame duck and we win 11th.

As God (who I don't believe in, it's a figure of speech) is my witness I have no idea which of the two we will get. That's if we get either one. Some variation between the two is destined to happen I fear. Do the numbers 8 and 8 mean anything to any of you? I keep seeing them when I close my eyes and try to see the future.

sandman
10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
With mounting injuries to an already suspect defense, and nothing from a trade deadline move to change personnel, the rest of the season will come down to being able to outscore the other teams. Period.

The concern I have is with Kubes looking for ball control with the running game, it creates a huge amount of pressure on the passing game to play catch up after the defense has been viscerated during the first half. It can't be about keeping the other team off the field for as long as possible. It has to be able being able to score points in bunches because of the "break but don't bend" defense.

Unfortunately, I don't see another road victory this season, except MAYBE @ JAX. The others just have too decent enough of an offensive scheme to let our defense get lucky.

While I'm 'thankful' for the 4-2 start, I'm only thankful in the sense that it at least gives us a chance to finish 8-8 or 9-7. Again.

drewmar74
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
@Colts - W. Going on a limb here. The defense sucks, sure, but we've already proven we can run on them. Foster + Ward = Peyton on the bench. Peyton on bench + Colts D being relatively porous = Texan win on the road. Laugh if you want but I'm saying its possible.

*sips kool aid*

SD - W. I think the wheels are coming off of the Norv Turner experiment. Rivers will have a friggin field day against us but I just don't think they'll pull off the win. Interesting thing to watch here: our heavily penalized special teams vs. their crappy special teams.

@Jax - W. I was not impressed with what I saw v. TN. TN played a good game but Jax looked like a steaming hot pile of cat excrement on MNF. I'm scared of MJD on their offense, but not much else.

@NYJ - L. I do not think there is any way we can handle that D. Period.

Ten - L. I just don't think we match up well against them. Young will look like a Pro Bowler and it will make me want to vomit in my chair.

@Phi - L. Pick your poison. A mobile QB which has always given us fits or an efficient passing QB which can light up our secondary. A winnable game but I'm not liking the looks of it.

Bal - L - See NYJ.

@Ten - W. I still don't think we match up well with them but I still refuse to give up the ship and concede at sweep at the hands of the Tacks. I chose the road game for the Texans win because, well, because we play better on the road (no matter how counter intuitive that may seem.)

@Den - W - I think that this is very winnable. Denver is a good team but I'm thinking we sneak out with a win here.

Jac - W. We're playing for playoff position, they won't be (my hunch) and we play lights out to end the season at home.

Final record. 10-6.

That's my heart talking.

My head says we probably lose to the Colts on MNF in a squeaker and get swept by the Titans to finish 8-8.

eriadoc
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
I agree with a couple posters above, in that we are going to be destroyed by the Jets and Ravens. It's going to be the NYG game, revisited.

infantrycak
10-20-2010, 01:26 PM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

Kubiak is 12-4 as Head Coach during the last 4 games of the season.

Exactly OMT - if you are using history as a guide (silly in this application IMO) then history shows them winning 3 of the 4 last games.

a tiebreaker to the wrong team,) to have a shot at postseason.

Are you counting the last two games as sure fire losses or saying the Texans have to win 11 games to get to the postseason? 5 more wins gives them a shot at postseason as demonstrated by the two 9-7 wild card AFC teams last year. 6 more wins makes it probable.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
@Colts - W. Going on a limb here. The defense sucks, sure, but we've already proven we can run on them. Foster + Ward = Peyton on the bench. Peyton on bench + Colts D being relatively porous = Texan win on the road. Laugh if you want but I'm saying its possible.

http://i50.tinypic.com/vhdb0j.jpg

SD - W. I think the wheels are coming off of the Norv Turner experiment. Rivers will have a friggin field day against us but I just don't think they'll pull off the win. Interesting thing to watch here: our heavily penalized special teams vs. their crappy special teams.

@Jax - W. I was not impressed with what I saw v. TN. TN played a good game but Jax looked like a steaming hot pile of cat excrement on MNF. I'm scared of MJD on their offense, but not much else.

@NYJ - L. I do not think there is any way we can handle that D. Period.

Ten - L. I just don't think we match up well against them. Young will look like a Pro Bowler and it will make me want to vomit in my chair.

@Phi - L. Pick your poison. A mobile QB which has always given us fits or an efficient passing QB which can light up our secondary. A winnable game but I'm not liking the looks of it.

Bal - L - See NYJ.

@Ten - W. I still don't think we match up well with them but I still refuse to give up the ship and concede at sweep at the hands of the Tacks. I chose the road game for the Texans win because, well, because we play better on the road (no matter how counter intuitive that may seem.)

@Den - W - I think that this is very winnable. Denver is a good team but I'm thinking we sneak out with a win here.

Jac - W. We're playing for playoff position, they won't be (my hunch) and we play lights out to end the season at home.

Final record. 10-6.

That's my heart talking.

My head says we probably lose to the Colts on MNF in a squeaker and get swept by the Titans to finish 8-8.

Fixed.

Thorn
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, there's a number of possibilities in an NFL season but the two that we are most torn between are as follows....

Or, we could see this....

Sold out? What do you mean already sold out?
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/football_playoffs_big.gif

OK Herv, that part of your post about Jets and Baltimore made me laugh my ass off. Sometimes I do laugh at the hard truth when it's not funny at all because I'm not totally sane. This is one of those times. Or something like that.

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Exactly OMT - if you are using history as a guide (silly in this application IMO) then history shows them winning 3 of the 4 last games.

Are you calling the coach's historical results over 70 games less transitive than a one off trend?

drewmar74
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I agree with a couple posters above, in that we are going to be destroyed by the Jets and Ravens. It's going to be the NYG game, revisited.

Agreed.

The Jets game will probably see me raking leaves or cleaning out the pool skimmer by halftime.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Re: How do you see the rest of the season going?

Tons of alcohol consumption!

SheTexan
10-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I said 9-7 at the beginning of the season and I'm staying with it.

I think we'll take the Jags twice, they don't have a QB to destroy our secondary. We'll sneek by SD and Denver and probably the Eagles. When it comes to playing the fan's enemy, our boys are real good at letting us down, so Tenn will take us down twice. Kubiak CANNOT gameplan against that team, never has and never will. We SUCK at MNF games, so the Ravens have that one without much of a battle. The Jets already have our number, and the Colts will destroy us in their home, sweet revenge on their part, PLUS it's MNF, see above comment! JMHO!!

NO playoffs this year.

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

This is where I was on 4/20
9/12 – Indy-W
9/19 – @ Washington-L
9/26 – Dallas-W
10/3 - @ Oakland-W
10/10 – NY Giants-W
10/17 – Chiefs-W
10/24 – Bye
11/1 - @ Indy-L
11/7 – San Diego-W
11/14 -@ Jacksonville-W
11/21 -@ Jets-L
11/28 –Tennessee-W
12/2 - @ Philly-L
12/13 – Baltimore-W
12/19 – @ Tennessee-W
12/26 - @ Denver-L
1/2 – Jacksonville-W

11-5

JB
10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Tons of alcohol consumption!

Invest in Stolichnaya and Beam stock now!

infantrycak
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Are you calling the coach's historical results over 70 games less transitive than a one off trend?

I'm saying looking at historical results in the NFL especially trying to look at overall W-L from 5 seasons ago as a predictor of the future is foolhardy. But yes I find a consistency like finishing seasons strong to be slightly more persuasive although still only mildly if that indicative of the future.

Apparently you didn't believe in the strength of finishing 4-6 as a predictor or your 11 win prediction made no sense. What we were going to win 7 of the first 6 games?

awtysst
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
The games I've bolded, are games the Texans must win, before I believe
they actually CAN win them. I don't see how anyone can pencil-in any
wins in the AFC South, nor can one pencil in a win against San Diego.

team coughing up wins with mistakes THEY are making. So far, the
Texans have proven to be an elixir for such teams.

a tiebreaker to the wrong team,) to have a shot at postseason. I'm having a
hard time seeing where those 5 wins will come from, but if the Texans have
"turned the corner," they'll get those 5 wins. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the next 8
games has TIEBREAKER implications.

I'm confused. You bolded 8 games. The Texans already have 4 wins. You believe the Texans need to win 8 more games, or have a 12-4 season to make the playoffs?

I think a 10-6 record would be enough.

beerlover
10-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Im staying tuned this will be much watch TV. I'm out of prediction buisness, I'm neither confident nor pessimistic which would seem to indicate my before season estimate of 8-8. Texans are half way there with 10 games to go, if they can split those its 9-7. :goodbad:

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm saying looking at historical results in the NFL especially trying to look at overall W-L from 5 seasons ago as a predictor of the future is foolhardy. But yes I find a consistency like finishing seasons strong to be slightly more persuasive although still only mildly if that indicative of the future.

Apparently you didn't believe in the strength of finishing 4-6 as a predictor or your 11 win prediction made no sense. What we were going to win 7 of the first 6 games?

Revisions to long and short term forecasts happen across the globe on a daily basis based on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Not sure why it is frowned upon in this instance given how consistently inconsistent this team is.

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Agreed.

The Jets game will probably see me raking leaves or cleaning out the pool skimmer by halftime.

The Jets may be a brutal nasty game to watch. The Ravens are good but not as intimidating to me this year.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm confused. You bolded 8 games. The Texans already have 4 wins. You believe the Texans need to win 8 more games, or have a 12-4 season to make the playoffs?

I think a 10-6 record would be enough.

They need to win 6 of the 8 games I've bolded, due to tiebreakers,
in order to make the playoffs. I bolded those games, because those are
the teams the Texans never, or have rarely beaten. There will be a lot
of *firsts* accomplished if the Texans are playing in January.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I predict we find a way to get the offense started early. Get to an early 2 touchdown lead... allow our defense to fly. Everyone will think the defense is "fixed" but that won't happen for another few drafts, when we build a true 6 man rotation on the DL.

We'll win 8 of the next 10 games & have a strong play-off run culminating in a Super Bowl appearance.

Then I see this pattern repeating for the next 10 years.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 02:27 PM
team coughing up wins with mistakes THEY are making.

Sounds like last years Texans....

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I said 9-7 at the beginning of the season and I'm staying with it.

I think we'll take the Jags twice, they don't have a QB to destroy our secondary.

NO playoffs this year.

They have a running game capable of putting 200 yards on us, much
like the Chiefs. They have a big-armed quarterback, a big athletic
tightend, and a decent #1 wide receiver Mike Simms-Walker. They
are also coached by Jack DelRio who loves to make a fool of
Kubiak's gameplans.

The Jag's passing game is good enough to torch the Texans for loading
the box to stop MJD. Garrard is like a second fullback in the running game.
I say NO division game is a guaranteed win, and there are FIVE of them
left.

Thorn
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM
We'll win 8 of the next 10 games & have a strong play-off run culminating in a Super Bowl appearance.

Then I see this pattern repeating for the next 10 years.

Obviously this man has the best weed on the planet. We should all be nice to him and maybe he'll share. :)

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Sounds like last years Texans....

We've seen that Reliant is where "those" kinds of teams get healed.
This year's Texans are still a mystery (more like last year's team, except
the defense has been busted a lot longer.)

HOU-TEX
10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Obviously this man has the best weed on the planet. We should all be nice to him and maybe he'll share. :)

:lol: True dat

infantrycak
10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Revisions to long and short term forecasts happen across the globe on a daily basis based on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Not sure why it is frowned upon in this instance given how consistently inconsistent this team is.

The historical 4-6 you are now using as a predictor was available before the season started. Apparently it wasn't persuasive then but is now. I prefer to think it isn't persuasive at all.

Texanmike02
10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I think we go 6-4 from here on out. We win a few games we shouldn't and lose a few we should. We get the WC because we are able to outscore teams.

In both games that the offense didn't put up points we were limited in what we could do with AJ and they came vs the 3-4. Now that AJ is back and Jacoby is back you can't do what the Giants did to us and I don't think the 3-4 is as deadly with Daniles in the lineup and Foster able to make the 4th rusher pay. I don't think we're going to do much damage in the playoffs, but that remains to be seen because the right matchups and we could be fine.

Our offense will become more consistent because we can run the ball and as long as we stay healthy 2 or 3 stops by the defense will win us most of our games.

If we can start to get out to fast starts and force teams to throw the ball and shorten the game it works to our advantage even more if you ask me.

I'm not an optimist by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think our defense just can't get any worse and we're bound to get a few balls just bounce our direction... any game in which we get turnovers from here on out (with a healthy offense) should be a W.

On the other hand, there is plenty of room for improvement on offense. We haven't seen it all come together yet (maybe the end of the KC game was the start) because if Owens is back to 90% of his old self this team really does have more weapons on it than any since the greatest show on turf.

Mike

JB
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
They have a running game capable of putting 200 yards on us, much
like the Chiefs. They have a big-armed quarterback, a big athletic
tightend, and a decent #1 wide receiver Mike Simms-Walker. They
are also coached by Jack DelRio who loves to make a fool of
Kubiak's gameplans.

The Jag's passing game is good enough to torch the Texans for loading
the box to stop MJD. Garrard is like a second fullback in the running game.
I say NO division game is a guaranteed win, and there are FIVE of them
left.

Would that be Bouman or Ramsey? :kitten:

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 02:50 PM
The historical 4-6 you are now using as a predictor was available before the season started. Apparently it wasn't persuasive then but is now. I prefer to think it isn't persuasive at all.

I will not debate you on your preference, especially when you do not offer up your own prognostication for public critique.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Would that be Bouman or Ramsey? :kitten:

I forgot that Garrard got hurt. Is he out for the year?

JB
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM

Probably not. He just has a "mild" concussion. But he has been terrible this year. Trent Edwards looked better than Garrard before Edwards got hurt.

infantrycak
10-20-2010, 04:05 PM
I will not debate you on your preference, especially when you do not offer up your own prognostication for public critique.

I have never done game by game season projections and won't start now. We aren't playing any doormats and we aren't one either. Gonna be a lot of who shows up and luck of the bounce in these games. I think they will pull out a 10-6 season.

Prefer was a poor word choice. I simply don't think historical results mean much in football.

Kaiser Toro
10-20-2010, 04:08 PM
I have never done game by game season projections and won't start now. We aren't playing any doormats and we aren't one either. Gonna be a lot of who shows up and luck of the bounce in these games. I think they will pull out a 10-6 season.

Prefer was a poor word choice. I simply don't think historical results mean much in football.

More than fair, and I hope for the best as well. In the end the playoffs are the goal, for the team and the fan base. How we get there is the joy of the ride. What we "learn" on the ride is for another thread + infinite. :texflag:

Texecutioner
10-20-2010, 04:10 PM

That's sort of my feelings Cak. 10-6 seems pretty accurate at the current time.

However I don't think anyone could really predict a thing for the Texans right now with the way they play with a straight face? This team is so Jeckell and Hyde and Hot and Cold. There is no way of having any clue what team is going to show up on Sundays.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 04:17 PM

One thing that gets over looked often, is that we had our way with Indy & Oakland from the get go. We were also able to run on Dallas.... even though we were the first to run for over 100 yards against them in 2 years or 22 games, or whatever it was, they also gave up 131 to Chris Johnson & 78 to Adrian Peterson. My point, is maybe their defense isn't as stout as reported.

But my point, is that Indy's defense is just as bad as ours. If you are using points as a gauge, we've given up 24 points in all 6 games. The Colts have given up 24 points in all but one game, against Kansas City.

So while everyone is put off by our defensive stats, until Indy is proven to be out of the post season race, I'm not going to lower my expectations because our defense has issues.

I'm not happy about them, but I'm not too worried about our issues.

If we can get our offense to start faster, we'll be fine.

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 04:26 PM
We should consult the magic 8 ball when asking all questions about the Texans outlook for the rest of the season..

https://www.msu.edu/~vandrag2/8-ball.html

Will the Houston Texans make the playoffs?

Magic 8 ball says: "I doubt it"

Thorn
10-20-2010, 04:33 PM
We should consult the magic 8 ball when asking all questions about the Texans outlook for the rest of the season..

https://www.msu.edu/~vandrag2/8-ball.html

Will the Houston Texans make the playoffs?

Magic 8 ball says: "I doubt it"

It told me "Better not tell you now". Obviously it's a trap! Don't trust it!

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
It told me "Better not tell you now". Obviously it's a trap! Don't trust it!

http://mmtheblm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/trap_card.jpg

SheTexan
10-20-2010, 04:40 PM

JB beat me to it, and I'm not sure about Garrards injury. BUT, he has been awful. You are correct about their running game. For some reason they put on their best effort when they play us also. I guess we'll see how it goes.

It's always fun to predict this sort of thing, I never take any of it seriously. IF I had my drughters, I'd lose two to Jac before I'd lose two to Tenn. I HOPE I'm deadass wrong about that prediction.

Thorn
10-20-2010, 04:40 PM
heyyy.....wait a minute......is that guy shooting the bird at me? :foottap:

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 04:45 PM
heyyy.....wait a minute......is that guy shooting the bird at me? :foottap:

:evilb:

markn
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I believe we have to win the division to make the playoffs. The AFC wildcards will come from the North and East. To win the division I believe we have to beat Indy (technically a tie may do it, but that's not happening). The Indy game decides our destiny. Win and we'll go in as division champs, lose and we'll collapse (although probably rally late for Kubiak's job-saving perennial season of mediocrity).

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 06:16 PM
That's sort of my feelings Cak. 10-6 seems pretty accurate at the current time.

However I don't think anyone could really predict a thing for the Texans right now with the way they play with a straight face? This team is so Jeckell and Hyde and Hot and Cold. There is no way of having any clue what team is going to show up on Sundays.

If the Texans go 4-4 over the next 8 games, they'll be out of the playoff
race (although maybe not mathematically.) In that instance, I'd call
this season a FAILURE. This is because they could finish 2-0 over the
final two over the Jags and Broncos to make 10-6, but have no shot at the playoffs
due to losing so many TIEBREAKERS over the previous 8 games.

10-6, no playoffs, all due to losing four of the next eight games.
....same ol' Texans.

Dwade
10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Optimisticly - 10-6, and we maybe win the division of Indy collapses. No wild card because the Jets/Patriots and Ravens/Steelers have them under wraps.

Realisticly - anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7, depending how many more games our offense can score 30+

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Optimisticly - 10-6, and we maybe win the division of Indy collapses. No wild card because the Jets/Patriots and Ravens/Steelers have them under wraps.

Realisticly - anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7, depending how many more games our offense can score 30+

The Texans play two of those four teams head-to-head. One or BOTH
of those games are MUST WINS if the Texans are not going to
clinch the AFC South. Thus, 4-4 in this next 8-game stretch
AIN'T GONE CUT IT.

Dwade
10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
The Texans play two of those four teams head-to-head. One or BOTH
of those games are MUST WINS if the Texans are not going to
clinch the AFC South. Thus, 4-4 in this next 8-game stretch
AIN'T GONE CUT IT.

Well we aren't going to beat the Jets or Ravens. They are like Dallas/Giants with better defenses. That's why we need to sweep our division, or maybe just lose 1 in order to win the division.

DX-TEX
10-20-2010, 06:58 PM
With Dallas Clark out possibly 4-6 weeks our chances grow increasingly good.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 07:01 PM
With Dallas Clark out possibly 4-6 weeks our chances grow increasingly good.

Looks like our linebacking corp and defensive backs forgot how to play
Cover-2. It's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG year. Peyton
makes ANY receiver he has look All-Pro. The Texans have never
beaten Indy AT Indy, and I've seen the Ravens get 40 put on them
at Indianapolis.

Realistically speaking, MNF against the Colts is a "must win" for the Texans.

drewmar74
10-20-2010, 07:03 PM
The Texans have never beaten Indy AT Indy......

First time for everything, I reckon......

The Pencil Neck
10-20-2010, 07:05 PM
There's a helluva lot of football to go and this hasn't been the most predictable of seasons so far.

Our defense has to improve. We can't keep relying on our offense to keep bailing us out. BUT... our offense is improving, so even if our defense continues to play this badly, we're still going to win a lot of games just on the strength of our offense.

I don't think there's a team out there that we can't beat. That includes the Jets and the Ravens. But there's also not a team out there we can't lose to. That includes the Jaguars.

With as poorly as our defense has played, I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 5-11. But with the guts that this team has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense doesn't find a way to at least creep up to a semi-respectable level and we go 12-4.

This team is just too inconsistent to call.

I expect us to go 10-6 and make it into the play offs.

Showtime100
10-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Looks like our linebacking corp and defensive backs forgot how to play
Cover-2. It's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG year. Peyton
makes ANY receiver he has look All-Pro. The Texans have never
beaten Indy AT Indy, and I've seen the Ravens get 40 put on them
at Indianapolis.

Realistically speaking, MNF against the Colts is a "must win" for the Texans.

Ah hell. Now you went and did it. I was going to watch that game too. Well, 4-3 is still not out of it. :thinking:

TexansBull
10-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Well we aren't going to beat the Jets or Ravens. They are like Dallas/Giants with better defenses. That's why we need to sweep our division, or maybe just lose 1 in order to win the division.

You beat me to it. Tiebreakers for the Wildcard are not in the cards I believe this year, unless we beat the Ravens. The Wildcard teams are going to be Colts, Texans, Titans, Ravens, Steelers, Jets, or Patriots. Three teams will be division winners, two will be wildcards, and two will go home. We cannot give up on winning our division and talking about tie breakers within the division, because I think if we can win the Jets and Ravens games, we more than likely will be winning the division because we will be playing outrageous football then, or those teams will have to collapse those days. This is how things need to play out:

Here is the Colts Schedule:
Texans L
Eagles L
Bengals W
Patriots L
Chargers W
Cowboys W
Titans L
Jaguars W
Raiders W
Titans W

Record is 10-6

Here is the Titans Schedule
Eagles L
Chargers W
Bye
Dolphins W
Redskins L
Texans L
Jaguars W
Colts W
Texans W
Chiefs L
Colts L

Record 9-7

Here is the Texans Schedule:
Colts W
Chargers W
JaguarsW
Jets L
Titans W
EaglesL
Ravens L
Titans L
Broncos W
Jaguars W

Record 10-6

Win on tie breakers in the division. Indy isnt playing its best football, losing to the Jags, and they have been vulernable. We need to be beat the people we count on beating. We just need to pull one upset, the sunday after the bye and play like we want it. I think its possible, and those three schedules arent asking for too much. No real upsets except Indy. And all we are asking is Indy to lose to the Eagles, Pats, and Titans. We need to take care of business.

But, this is only worth the paper its written on. This team is unpredictable so none of this really matters. These are the wild and crazy Texans who you never know will show up on game day. They will beat the Jets to lose to the Jags. One week they are the dominant, the next comeback kids, the next they are getting blown out, rinse, and repeat.

JB
10-20-2010, 07:16 PM
If the Texans go 4-4 over the next 8 games, they'll be out of the playoff
race (although maybe not mathematically.) In that instance, I'd call
this season a FAILURE. This is because they could finish 2-0 over the
final two over the Jags and Broncos to make 10-6, but have no shot at the playoffs
due to losing so many TIEBREAKERS over the previous 8 games.

10-6, no playoffs, all due to losing four of the next eight games.
....same ol' Texans.

And that will justify all you have been saying and make you a happy camper, right?

:choke:

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 08:12 PM
More than fair, and I hope for the best as well. In the end the playoffs are the goal, for the team and the fan base. How we get there is the joy of the ride. What we "learn" on the ride is for another thread + infinite. :texflag:

The goal better be Super Bowl for the team, coaches, Front office, & owner.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 08:22 PM

We'll beat them.

Nawzer
10-20-2010, 08:22 PM
The goal better be Super Bowl for the team, coaches, Front office, & owner.

Absolutely right. Goal should always be to win the Super Bowl every year. Realistic or not, that needs to be the standard mode of operation.

Hervoyel
10-20-2010, 08:26 PM
All any of us really knows is that there is no way in hell the bye week puts 400+ yards on us. Past that it's all a mystery.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 08:29 PM
And that will justify all you have been saying and make you a happy camper, right?

:choke:

I don't need justification on what I'm saying. I'm already "right." The
hope is that the Texans will prove me WRONG.

eriadoc
10-20-2010, 08:29 PM
I know one thing - they better not lose November, like they did last year.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
There's a helluva lot of football to go and this hasn't been the most predictable of seasons so far.

You ain't lying brother.

Our defense has to improve.

Agreed.

We can't keep relying on our offense to keep bailing us out.

Yes we can... Indy's been doing it for 12 years.

BUT... our offense is improving, so even if our defense continues to play this badly, we're still going to win a lot of games just on the strength of our offense.

True.. True...

I don't think there's a team out there that we can't beat. That includes the Jets and the Ravens.

Preach it brother..... Preach it.

But there's also not a team out there we can't lose to. That includes the Jaguars.

Well yeah, that's true too.

With as poorly as our defense has played, I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 5-11.

I'm going to act like I didn't see this. Not saying it isn't a viable opinion, but I like denial.

But with the guts that this team has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense doesn't find a way to at least creep up to a semi-respectable level and we go 12-4.

That's what I'm talking about... you & me baby, we're calling it now. Write it down, call your mama, take a picture.

12-4.... Wooooo

This team is just too inconsistent to call.

I expect us to go 10-6 and make it into the play offs.

Wh.. wha... hold on now.

You had me @ 12-4

Thorn
10-20-2010, 08:36 PM
The NFL has been a tad strange so far this year + the "any given Sunday" crap + the unpredicable Texans = ???????

You can replace the question marks with anything you like and it'll be just as likely as the next prediction. LOL

JB
10-20-2010, 08:40 PM
The NFL has been a tad strange so far this year + the "any given Sunday" crap + the unpredicable Texans = ???????

You can replace the question marks with anything you like and it'll be just as likely as the next prediction. LOL

"Kiss my a$$" fits pretty well!

Thorn
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM
"Kiss my a$$" fits pretty well!

You're right, I forgot that one.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM
What happens is, we run off 11 wins in a row (including the KC game) go to the playoffs. Buddy Ryan takes a swing at Kevin Gilbride, Joe Montana comes out of retirement. We lose in our playoff appearance.. One and done!!

I think I've seen this movie! :thinking:

Oh and did mention huge quantities of alcohol consumption??

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM
All any of us really knows is that there is no way in hell the bye week puts 400+ yards on us. Past that it's all a mystery.

Chances are Philly will put 400+ on the Titans & McClain is going to misprint the story..... "Texans give up 400+ yards"

Thorn
10-20-2010, 08:43 PM
What happens is, we run off 11 wins in a row (including the KC game) go to the playoffs. Buddy Ryan takes a swing at Kevin Gilbride, Joe Montana comes out of retirement. We lose in our playoff appearance.. One and done!!

Well, as long as we don't lose the Super Bowl on the last play as the reciever reaches for the goal line......

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I know one thing - they better not lose November, like they did last year.

This.... by November, you are who you are, & everybody knows it. Every team will have their Texans film & their game plan ready in November.

Kubiak had better done his homework if he's... if we are going to make it through November with a winning record.

JB
10-20-2010, 08:49 PM

Oh and did mention huge quantities of alcohol consumption??

You did get my note about short term investement opportunities, did you not?

Goatcheese
10-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Replace "I think" with "I hope" in this thread and then read it again. :kitten:

Bubbajwp
10-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Our Defense = I think we can lose every game the rest of the season.

Ouf Offense = I think we can win every game the rest of the season.

I really have no clue

awtysst
10-20-2010, 08:58 PM
They need to win 6 of the 8 games I've bolded, due to tiebreakers,
in order to make the playoffs. I bolded those games, because those are
the teams the Texans never, or have rarely beaten. There will be a lot
of *firsts* accomplished if the Texans are playing in January.

Oh. Ok. Thanks!

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, as long as we don't lose the Super Bowl on the last play as the reciever reaches for the goal line......

Right!! That would suck a$$!!!

You did get my note about short term investement opportunities, did you not?

Yup, I'm calling my guy in the morning... I may drink myself to death, but I'll have some bank for the people in my will!

hot pickle
10-20-2010, 09:01 PM
i honestly dont see us winning more then 10 games this year unless the defense steps there game up!

so im gonna say 10-6
missing the wildcard

frank bush gone after this year but kubes still around

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 09:35 PM

Only if you never come close to the Big Dance again.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 09:41 PM
i honestly dont see us winning more then 10 games this year unless the defense steps there game up!

This division has been won by a defenseless team all but 1 time since the inception of this division.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 09:58 PM
This division has been won by a defenseless team all but 1 time since the inception of this division.

The Colts are not "defenseless." It's just they are exceptional at
pass rushing. When the Colts offense gets up on you, there is
no way for you to score on them. They FORCE YOU to pass, and
Freeney and Mathis tear your ass up.

What is the Texans' defense exceptional at?

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 10:00 PM
The Colts are not "defenseless." It's just they are exceptional at
pass rushing. When the Colts offense gets up on you, there is
no way for you to score on them. They FORCE YOU to pass, and
Freeney and Mathis tear your ass up.

What is the Texans' defense exceptional at?

Yeah... that'll come in time.

When our offense starts getting up on our opponents & force them to pass...

But you make a point I've been trying to make for the last two weeks. Our defense would look totally different, if our offense would click early, like the Colts.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah... that'll come in time.

When our offense starts getting up on our opponents & force them to pass...

But you make a point I've been trying to make for the last two weeks. Our defense would look totally different, if our offense would click early, like the Colts.

Yeah, but the Colts offense is no accident. Manning is a PERFECTIONIST,
and he tears into EVERYBODY'S ass. He doesn't care if you're a receiver,
tightend, runningback, lineman. If you have a mental bust on any given
SNAP, Peyton is IN YOUR ASS. Thus, they function like no other offense
in the NFL.

JB
10-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah, but the Colts offense is no accident. Manning is a PERFECTIONIST,
and he tears into EVERYBODY'S ass. He doesn't care if you're a receiver,
tightend, runningback, lineman. If you have a mental bust on any given
SNAP, Peyton is IN YOUR ASS. Thus, they function like no other offense
in the NFL.

Dexman, I actually agree with this on this post. But I got to tell you, with all the CAP words, the message comes across in a very beligerent way. Or antagonistic. Not sure just which one fits. I hope you don't intend either.

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 10:30 PM

Yup, I'm calling my guy in the morning... I may drink myself to death, but I'll have some bank for the people in my will!

No, we go up by 28-3 in the SB at halftime.. then end up losing the game 41-38...

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Dexman, I actually agree with this on this post. But I got to tell you, with all the CAP words, the message comes across in a very beligerent way. Or antagonistic. Not sure just which one fits. I hope you don't intend either.

I didn't know football fans were so siss--- sensitive. My prose is
meant to clarify my stance on the subject.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, but the Colts offense is no accident.

So our offense is an accident?

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
So our offense is an accident?

They sure play like it. I'll back off our offense being a "fluke" the next
time they play a physical smash-mouth defense, and NOT fold.

The Cowboys and Giants smacked them in the teeth, and that
offense was nowhere to be found. I doubt they show up at
all against the Ravens NOR the Jets. Tennessee's another
defense that could bust them, but I'm more interested
in the Ravens and Jets. The two teams this offense got
punked by, they FOLDED. Every time the Ravens go to
Indy, they get their asses whooped.

If the Texans have an elite offense, it won't happen again.

JB
10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
No, we go up by 28-3 in the SB at halftime.. then end up losing the game 41-38...

Actually, it's 31-3 early in the 3rd... :choke:

imatexan
10-20-2010, 11:11 PM
@Colts - W...This one is just a gut feeling
SD - W....Texans are the better team
@Jax - W...I like our offense vs Jags D
@NYJ - L....A good team that will be very tough to beat on the road
Ten - W....could go either way, home advantage squeaks out a win
@Phi - L...After a loss to the Giants/Cowboys I am uneasy about the NFC East
Bal - W...A pumped up Texans team finds a way to beat Balty
@Ten - L....another close game but the texans lose this one
@Den - W...as with SD, I think the Texans are just a better team
Jac - W....Playoff implications on the line and we get the W

11-5!
:kingkong:

Of course you can never really give an accurate prediction until the week before the game. At the start of the season I predicted 10-6 and now I have us winning one more game and that game is @Colts on MNF. Still could easily be a loss but I just think the Texans will get the win for some reason.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM

DUDE!!???!? Are you kidding me?? How could you??? BOOOOO!! That's just wrong!! Are you ill??? Do you need some help??? We'll have some guys in "funny white suits" come get you.

You ain't right..... in the head!

:)

jshabang
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
They sure play like it. I'll back off our offense being a "fluke" the next
time they play a physical smash-mouth defense, and NOT fold.

The Cowboys and Giants smacked them in the teeth, and that
offense was nowhere to be found. I doubt they show up at
all against the Ravens NOR the Jets. Tennessee's another
defense that could bust them, but I'm more interested
in the Ravens and Jets. The two teams this offense got
punked by, they FOLDED. Every time the Ravens go to
Indy, they get their asses whooped.

If the Texans have an elite offense, it won't happen again.

exactly.....how can anybody say our offense is not a accident when it only shows when we are at least 14 behind......then it plays lights out........

Colts play that way game in game out.....u can count on it........

so when our so called offense comes out in the first quarter and decides to play a full 60 mins.......then I will say it is no accident.....do it for 2 games and Im on board........

this team is not consistent in not one area of the game....and its mindboggling becuz we essentially have the same team....and we were decent in all aspects last year towards the end of the year....special teams, defense, and offense

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 11:30 PM
11-5!
:kingkong:

Of course you can never really give an accurate prediction until the week before the game. At the start of the season I predicted 10-6 and now I have us winning one more game and that game is @Colts on MNF. Still could easily be a loss but I just think the Texans will get the win for some reason.

I'd like to know which game we lost that everyone thought we would win.

Before the season started, people were talking about us starting 2-2 without Cushing & finishing 10-6.

Nobody in their right mind had us beating the Colts in those first 4 games we went 3-1.

I'd have thought more people would have us at 11-5 because of that unexpected win.

Rey
10-20-2010, 11:33 PM

Before the season started, people were talking about us starting 2-2 without Cushing & finishing 10-6.

Nobody in their right mind had us beating the Colts in those first 4 games we went 3-1.

I'd have thought more people would have us at 11-5 because of that unexpected win.

I think once the season actually starts and you get to see the team play for a few weeks your expectations change...

Look at the 9ers...

Some folks may have had them winning 10 or eleven games, but after a few weeks, predictions drastically change...It's not just about record or the fact that you lose games...It's how the team plays...How the team wins...how the team loses...

thunderkyss
10-21-2010, 12:04 AM
I think once the season actually starts and you get to see the team play for a few weeks your expectations change...

Look at the 9ers...

Some folks may have had them winning 10 or eleven games, but after a few weeks, predictions drastically change...It's not just about record or the fact that you lose games...It's how the team plays...How the team wins...how the team loses...

Even so, there is now a game on the schedule people thought we would win, now they think we won't. I'd like to know which game that was/is.

ArlingtonTexan
10-21-2010, 12:11 AM
10-6 or 11-5 with some (not crazy) defensive improvement.

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Even so, there is now a game on the schedule people thought we would win, now they think we won't. I'd like to know which game that was/is.

The Texans could theoretically go 4-4 over the next 8 games, thus
losing nearly all tiebreakers to top AFC teams, and finish 2-0 against
Denver and Jacksonville to go to 10-6 on the year. They'll miss
the playoffs due to the Titans or Colts winning the division, and
losing both head-to-head matchups to the Jets and Ravens.

10-6, in this scenario means no playoffs. Should Kubiak go?
My answer would be a resounding YES, because we didn't when
the big games when they mattered. Over the Next 8, I'll be greedy
and expect the Texans to go 6-2 over this next stretch. They'll
nearly clinch a division championship or a wild card berth with such
a run.

This is the run I'd like to see Kubiak go on to solidify the fanbase.

Norg
10-21-2010, 12:20 AM
THis is a strange year for the AFC TBH Maybe just maybe we can get into the PLayoffs with a 8-8 record or a 9-7 record Just sayin

DexmanC
10-21-2010, 12:25 AM
THis is a strange year for the AFC TBH Maybe just maybe we can get into the PLayoffs with a 8-8 record or a 9-7 record Just sayin

If Kubiak is bankin' on that, then he didn't learn shit from last year.

Rey
10-21-2010, 12:31 AM

Personally, I haven't even wrapped my head our whole schedule...

I'm seriously a one game at a time kinda guy...I could throw out a random prediction, but I can't go through every game left on the schedule and predict what we will win or what we will lose...

I could see a scenario where we finish 8-8 and I could see us going 12-4...

We have the talent to go 12-4, but will we make the proper adjustments and get the defense better? Will all of our key players remain healthy? Will we have a four game losing streak like last year? Will we revers our fortunes and have a multi game winning streak at a key time? Can we sweep the Colts? How will we play against the Titans and Jags?

I really don't have an answer to these questions.

So for me...I guess my answer would be I dunno...I never really had a concrete prediction in my head to begin with...I certainly never went through and picked which games we'd win and which we'd lose...

Air Canada
10-21-2010, 03:18 AM
@Colts - W, coming of the bye we get a huge win... by running the ball and getting just a few stops by our defense and a lucky turnover.. We surprise every1 again by sweeping the Colts.

SD - W, We come home and actually take care of business this time. A big play by our special teams--- Schaub and AJ have a huge game.

@Jax - W, We play solid offensively, but allow the Jags to hang around and just barely come out with the win holding onto to a lead late in the 4th.

@NYJ - W, Some much needed revenge from last season... Sanchez has a lackluster performance, our D gets some fortunate help and the O plays strong... fans are drinkin' the kool-aid now:texflag:

Ten - L, Young and Johnson do it again in Houston and piss us all off. Close game, but we lose late.

@Phi - W, We split with the NFC East..

Bal - L, The offense keeps it up surprisingly, but the defense really kills them this game, theres no comin' back.

@Ten -W, We stick it to the Tits again on the road... Matt and AJ have another big one.

@Den - W, The D gets lit up but the offense proves too much for the Broncos.. Schaub gets the win in a shootout with Orton.

Jac- L, At home to wrap up a surprising 11-5 season.. entering the playoffs with a flop at home.

:kitten:

thunderkyss
10-21-2010, 08:03 AM
The Texans could theoretically go 4-4 over the next 8 games, thus
losing nearly all tiebreakers to top AFC teams, and finish 2-0 against
Denver and Jacksonville to go to 10-6 on the year. They'll miss
the playoffs due to the Titans or Colts winning the division, and
losing both head-to-head matchups to the Jets and Ravens.

10-6, in this scenario means no playoffs. Should Kubiak go?
My answer would be a resounding YES, because we didn't when
the big games when they mattered. Over the Next 8, I'll be greedy
and expect the Texans to go 6-2 over this next stretch. They'll
nearly clinch a division championship or a wild card berth with such
a run.

This is the run I'd like to see Kubiak go on to solidify the fanbase.

I'd have to look at that break down in more detail. But your logic is sound. If we don't do well against our division & don't win either the Jets or Ravens game..... I'd want him gone.

I'm not so much about getting to the play-offs, right now, it's about playing well when it counts. I think there's way to much going on between the different teams, different records, and all that it's too hard to predict all the scenarios this early.

But if we're 10-5 going into Jan 2nd, a win means going to the play-offs a loss means going home, I don't think 10-6 should save him.

El Tejano
10-21-2010, 08:52 AM
I said from the get go, that if we can get to the bye at least 4-2, then everything else will depend on how we do in November. Looking at our schedule, we have to go 3-2 at the very least over the next 5 games. December is hard to determine but if we have to finish with our starters, we have to go 3-2 there also.

THE NFL
10-21-2010, 09:07 AM
@Colts - W, coming of the bye we get a huge win... by running the ball and getting just a few stops by our defense and a lucky turnover.. We surprise every1 again by sweeping the Colts.

SD - W, We come home and actually take care of business this time. A big play by our special teams--- Schaub and AJ have a huge game.

@Jax - W, We play solid offensively, but allow the Jags to hang around and just barely come out with the win holding onto to a lead late in the 4th.

@NYJ - W, Some much needed revenge from last season... Sanchez has a lackluster performance, our D gets some fortunate help and the O plays strong... fans are drinkin' the kool-aid now:texflag:

Ten - L, Young and Johnson do it again in Houston and piss us all off. Close game, but we lose late.

Bal - L, The offense keeps it up surprisingly, but the defense really kills them this game, theres no comin' back.

@Ten -W, We stick it to the Tits again on the road... Matt and AJ have another big one.

@Den - W, The D gets lit up but the offense proves too much for the Broncos.. Schaub gets the win in a shootout with Orton.

Jac- L, At home to wrap up a surprising 11-5 season.. entering the playoffs with a flop at home.

Win all of the remaining road games? Wow.. not going to happen. IN fact those games will all be in the loss column. The remaining schedule is brutal and will kill this team.

Kubiak wont be fired because McNair doesnt have a clue and has no GM to advise him as Rick Smith is Kubiaks lapdog.

Texans are screwed.

hradhak
10-21-2010, 09:13 AM

I'd take this. Except we beat Tenn at home and lose the Jets on the road. And we beat the Hags at home too.

I really could see us winning our next 3 games. We match up well against the Colts, the Chargers are not that good, and the Jags are a very beatable team.

Kaiser Toro
10-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Really, nobody?

Goatcheese
10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Win all of the remaining road games? Wow.. not going to happen. IN fact those games will all be in the loss column. The remaining schedule is brutal and will kill this team.

Kubiak wont be fired because McNair doesnt have a clue and has no GM to advise him as Rick Smith is Kubiaks lapdog.

Texans are screwed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fa_nHW-kf20/TEDmk_BZYfI/AAAAAAAAABs/0wPhtzER9NQ/s400/Troll+Spray.jpg

Blake
10-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Without adding a defensive starter this team is headed for 7-9 finish. 8-8 at best. The defense is atrocious. The offense has trouble with tough fronts, and we cant win but 1/2 our home games.

Current Record: 4-2

@ Indy - Loss.
vs. SD - Loss.
@ Jax - Win.
@ NYJ - Loss.
vs. Tenn. - Loss.
@ Philly - Loss.
vs. Balt - Loss.
@ Tenn - Win.
@ Denver - Win.
vs. Jax - Win.

If we can steal a couple of wins from SD, Philly or the Jets we might make the playoffs. Right now I am sticking with my preseason 7-9 prediction due to SOS.

Goatcheese
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Without adding a defensive starter this team is headed for 7-9 finish. 8-8 at best. The defense is atrocious. The offense has trouble with tough fronts, and we cant win but 1/2 our home games.

@ Indy - Loss.
vs. SD - Loss.
@ Jax - Win.
@ NYJ - Loss.
vs. Tenn. - Loss.
@ Philly - Loss.
vs. Balt - Loss.
@ Tenn - Win.
@ Denver - Win.
vs. Jax - Win.

If we can steal a couple of wins from SD, Philly or the Jets we might make the playoffs. Right now I am sticking with my preseason 7-9 prediction due to SOS.

Well ain't you just a ray of sunshine?

Blake
10-21-2010, 09:33 AM

The AFC is strong. Are you refering to the AFC South specifically? Cause then I might agree. Indy is on the same level as Tenn and us, and we might just beat up on eachother all season.

Blake
10-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Well ain't you just a ray of sunshine?

lol sorry GC. Maybe a disclaimer should be put on my post there.

:texflag:

jshabang
10-21-2010, 09:55 AM

@ Indy - Loss.
vs. SD - Loss.
@ Jax - Win.
@ NYJ - Loss.
vs. Tenn. - Loss.
@ Philly - Loss.
vs. Balt - Loss.
@ Tenn - Win.
@ Denver - Win.
vs. Jax - Win.

unfortunately this looks about par for the course.........sad but o so true

Air Canada
10-22-2010, 03:29 AM

Texans are screwed.

Umm... Yeah.... :nolisten:

Call us this seasons road warriors. :texflag:..

Maddict5
10-22-2010, 08:20 AM
it depends on how much the D improves really... if its only by a little we'll go 8-8ish, if it gets to average and everybody steps up we'll get to the playoffs. no division though so there goes my bet on that

with that schedule & the way the D has played, nobody can or should mark us down for no more than 3/4 wins the rest of the way

HouSportsWriter
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
This is more like it

@Colts - W Come on guys we beat them once! Plus look at there injurys!
SD - W We are more then able to win this game.
@Jax - W Are you serius the kittens?
@NYJ - L We beter just stay healthy this game.
Ten - W Who is Vy? Schaub to Aj all day
@Phi - w Make up your mind Kolb or Vick eather way texans win.
Bal - L Its a close one, but we lose our D gave up to many points.
@Ten - L Pay back for Vy.
@Den - w texans win this one big
Jac - W do i have to say?

And yall call yall selfs fans .... :facepalm:

Hervoyel
10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I think there are so many variables that almost all predictions that cover multiple games like we're doing here are worthless. Injuries are huge and momentum plays a big part as well. What each team did the previous week plays a part in the outcome. I think a handful of teams are consistent enough to be almost entirely bad or almost entirely good. Everybody else's season is composed of stretches of good or bad play triggered by sometimes random events.

Look at the Texans at 2-0 playing the Cowboys at 0-2 and after those two weeks you can't help but expect the Texans to beat them BUT.... we all know the Texans too well and so there was a lot of trepidation in here before the game. We know that when the Texans start winning they lose focus and we know that when any NFL team worth a damn starts to become desperate for a win their focus and intensity will increase. That was a recipie for disaster from a Texans fans perspective but at the same time Dallas has continued to suck while the Texans have somehow managed to stay in first place in their division. Had we been playing a 1-1 Cowboys team or been 1-1 ourselves we might have seen an entirely different outcome.

I felt like the Giants carried a huge amount of momentum from their Monday night destroying of Chicago into Reliant Stadium when they played us. It's like they just picked right up where they left off. A slightly shorter week (by one day I admit) probably helped them maintain that intensity.

What teams will get up for varies but part of being a young team learning how to win consistently is this phase where we can't seem to stay "in tune" for very long and play up or down to our opponents. Genuinely good coaches can get their team to grow the rest of the way up and become consistent winners following this period where nobody can predict which version of the team will show up and bad coaches eventually lose the team and they go back to being consistently bad. It remains to be seen how our staff will do.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 01:32 PM
This is more like it

@NYJ - L We beter just stay healthy this game.

Bal - L Its a close one, but we lose our D gave up to many points.

Really..... How good are they jets & Baltimore? Really?

They were 9-7 same as us last year. Jets are 5-1, Ravens are 4-2, We're 4-2. No doubt they don't have a sieve for a defense. The Ravens I can understand.

The Ravens are 4-2 against a schedule so far that is 18-15
The Texans are 4-2 against a schedule so far that is 17-17

But the Jets
They are 5-1 against a schedule so far that is 11-16.

I'd be surprised if the Jets end up better than 9-7 this year.

Norg
10-22-2010, 01:34 PM
If Kubiak is bankin' on that, then he didn't learn shit from last year.

no im saying maybe the chips fall that way maybe we over achive and our divison crumbles ..... or maybe the AFC north crumbles or etc etc etc

Showtime100
10-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Two words for the Texans...Air Coryell. Didn't work then, it wont work now unless a title is not on your wish list.

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 01:58 PM
@Colts - W Our run game makes a bad match up for them.
SD - W They are anti Texans ATM. Find ways to lose.
@Jax - W Next/
@NYJ - AJ goes ape shit.
Ten - W Vince will be hobbled with his sprained knee. CJ gets stumped with a Word problem.
@Phi - W Texans riding the hot streak
Bal - W Monday night will be rocking
@Ten - W Collins is starter due to VY's poor play. Everyone blames injury, not VY's inability to read a high school defense.
@Den - W Kubiak returns a conquering hero.
Jac - W Lienart looks great as starter for final game. Hooks up with Dickerson for 2 scores.

There you go my friends.

Dwade
10-22-2010, 06:11 PM

They were 9-7 same as us last year. Jets are 5-1, Ravens are 4-2, We're 4-2. No doubt they don't have a sieve for a defense. The Ravens I can understand.

But the Jets

:kubepalm:

If you honestly think we are better than the Jets or Ravens, you need to lay off the Kool-Aid.

jshabang
10-22-2010, 07:40 PM
no im saying maybe the chips fall that way maybe we over achive and our divison crumbles ..... or maybe the AFC north crumbles or etc etc etc

and maybe santa clause is real............cmon man

you guys cant be serious......if u know anything in this league...its that u take care of your own business...........u dont play hoping somebody else takes care of it for u and leave your teams destiny in another teams hands........jeeezzzz:wadepalm:

Rey
10-22-2010, 08:23 PM

But the Jets

I'd say that the Jets and Ravens both did more than we did in the off-season this year.

Their defenses were already better and they made significant moves to upgrade their offenses....

Part of the Jets opponents records are because of the loses they personally handed them...

Also, you could look at the Texans and say that we lost to Dallas who has yet to beat anybody else.

I just don't know that the opponents record has as much to do with it vs. how the teams are playing...Plus, if you have a good defense, you almost always have an edge...

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 08:47 PM
I'd say that the Jets and Ravens both did more than we did in the off-season this year.

Their defenses were already better and they made significant moves to upgrade their offenses....

Good point. Can't argue this.

Part of the Jets opponents records are because of the loses they personally handed them...

I think that's the same for all three teams. The other part, is that other teams are beating the teams they beat.
They've got good wins against New England, Miami, & I'll even call Minnesota a good win.

But Denver..... Buffalo.... We haven't played a team that bad. Dallas is better than their record (we still should have beat them).

Also, you could look at the Texans and say that we lost to Dallas who has yet to beat anybody else.

I just don't know that the opponents record has as much to do with it vs. how the teams are playing...Plus, if you have a good defense, you almost always have an edge...

I think the records show the level of competition, at this time. Minnesota is a good team, but their not playing well, right now. Same as Dallas. Denver isn't playing well, Buffalo isn't playing well.

The Jets defense, while I do believe they are good, have not been tested. The Broncos is the only team with any phase of their offense in the top 10, their passing game. But their run game is last in the league, so they are far from balanced.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Two words for the Texans...Air Coryell. Didn't work then, it wont work now unless a title is not on your wish list.

Show, not sure where you're going with this but the Texans rank higher in the run than they do the pass. And actually, it worked out pretty well for Coryell!!! He is widely regarded as the real Architect behind the West Coast Offense.... Bill Walsh gets most of the credit, but his version was a variation of Coryell's offense.

DexmanC
10-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I'd have to look at that break down in more detail. But your logic is sound. If we don't do well against our division & don't win either the Jets or Ravens game..... I'd want him gone.

I'm not so much about getting to the play-offs, right now, it's about playing well when it counts. I think there's way to much going on between the different teams, different records, and all that it's too hard to predict all the scenarios this early.

But if we're 10-5 going into Jan 2nd, a win means going to the play-offs a loss means going home, I don't think 10-6 should save him.

We agree here. I may be upping-the-antee by placing the standard
at the Texans clinching a playoff spot, without having to rely on
mathematical scenarios. This team is good enough to win the AFC South,
and I expect them to play at that standard all year long.

If not, Kubiak should be gone.

Showtime100
10-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Show, not sure where you're going with this but the Texans rank higher in the run than they do the pass. And actually, it worked out pretty well for Coryell!!! He is widely regarded as the real Architect behind the West Coast Offense.... Bill Walsh gets most of the credit, but his version was a variation of Coryell's offense.

San Diego. Big offense, little defense is all I was saying. San Diego won nothing of value.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 09:37 PM
This team is good enough to win the AFC South,

In my mind, winning the division is still a moving target. Right now, there is a scenario where 9-7 will win the division. Not even remotely probable, but still possible.

If that were to happen, would you be happy?

I wouldn't.

I think the team is good enough to beat any team, to win any game, & I expect them to play like it. I'm not happy at all with the play we've seen so far. But, I am ecstatic that at some point in four of the last six, something on this team said, "Bullshiz.. we're winning this game." & we saw some damn good football if for only 1 Qtr.

I think they believe they are good enough to beat anybody. That they'll go out there play their best football, the other team will play their best football, and the best team will win the game.

I'm waiting for them to understand it doesn't work that way.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2010, 09:37 PM
San Diego. Big offense, little defense is all I was saying. San Diego won nothing of value.

Right!! I hear you. I misread where I thought you were going with that. My bad.

Showtime100
10-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Right!! I hear you. I misread where I thought you were going with that. My bad.

Never a problem my man. :) True dat about Walsh.

jshabang
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
We agree here. I may be upping-the-antee by placing the standard
at the Texans clinching a playoff spot, without having to rely on
mathematical scenarios. This team is good enough to win the AFC South,

AGREED....time to take the training wheels of the 2 wheeler now buddy...u either ride that thing or sit your puppy ass on the porch....

either you're a head coach who knows how to have his team prepared week in and week out...no coachspeak bull....or u are a glorified Offensive Coordinator moonlighting as a head coach.....which side u on kubes???......the moment of truth is coming real soon and then we shall all know

like i said on the other board.....look at sean payton.......guy takes a arguably less talented team and within 4 years....takes them to the promise land......hell payton took them to the NFC championship game his first frickin season and was a game away from the superbowl.....that woulda been to the superbowl 2 outta the 4 years hes run the dam team!!!!!!!!!

and the team he inherited was a 3-13 squad........then got washed out by katrina......but u gotta love how his team has an identity game in and game out....win or lose........they play the same exact way....always prepared...never the deer in the headlights look

kubes needs to take note....establish an identity with this team and have them prepared to play this way game in and game out....no matter what......excuse time and coachspeak is out the door now....and is gonna lead u out the door if u are not careful

payton is a offensive genius type coach like kubes......there is absolutely zero excuse for this team to be so inconsistent offensively when your head coach is a offensive guru with this much dam talent.........defense may still suck some........but the offense should never really have games where they look unprepared to compete and just plain lost...........so kubes......you are now on the clock........you know what or get off the pot

JB
10-22-2010, 09:50 PM

drs23
10-22-2010, 10:03 PM
In my mind, winning the division is still a moving target. Right now, there is a scenario where 9-7 will win the division. Not even remotely probable, but still possible.

If that were to happen, would you be happy?

I wouldn't.

I think the team is good enough to beat any team, to win any game, & I expect them to play like it. I'm not happy at all with the play we've seen so far. But, I am ecstatic that at some point in four of the last six, something on this team said, "Bullshiz.. we're winning this game." & we saw some damn good football if for only 1 Qtr.

I think they believe they are good enough to beat anybody. That they'll go out there play their best football, the other team will play their best football, and the best team will win the game.

I'm waiting for them to understand it doesn't work that way.

:bravo:

edo783
10-22-2010, 10:05 PM
How do I see the rest of the season going? Badly!

Rey
10-22-2010, 10:08 PM
u either ride that thing or sit your puppy ass on the porch...

lmao!

jshabang
10-22-2010, 10:08 PM
How do I see the rest of the season going? Badly!

LOL tell em how u really feel....LOL

THE NFL
10-22-2010, 10:41 PM
AGREED....time to take the training wheels of the 2 wheeler now buddy...u either ride that thing or sit your puppy ass on the porch....

either you're a head coach who knows how to have his team prepared week in and week out...no coachspeak bull....or u are a glorified Offensive Coordinator moonlighting as a head coach.....which side u on kubes???......the moment of truth is coming real soon and then we shall all know

like i said on the other board.....look at sean payton.......guy takes a arguably less talented team and within 4 years....takes them to the promise land......hell payton took them to the NFC championship game his first frickin season and was a game away from the superbowl.....that woulda been to the superbowl 2 outta the 4 years hes run the dam team!!!!!!!!!

and the team he inherited was a 3-13 squad........then got washed out by katrina......but u gotta love how his team has an identity game in and game out....win or lose........they play the same exact way....always prepared...never the deer in the headlights look

kubes needs to take note....establish an identity with this team and have them prepared to play this way game in and game out....no matter what......excuse time and coachspeak is out the door now....and is gonna lead u out the door if u are not careful

payton is a offensive genius type coach like kubes......there is absolutely zero excuse for this team to be so inconsistent offensively when your head coach is a offensive guru with this much dam talent.........defense may still suck some........but the offense should never really have games where they look unprepared to compete and just plain lost...........so kubes......you are now on the clock........you know what or get off the pot

The difference between Payton and Kubiak is that Kubiak went with his old buddies and Payton hired one of the best D Coodinators in the NFL. Payton got Greg Williams to run his defense and Kubiak hired Frank Bush, a nobody. Until the Texans get that awful Denver influence out of this team they wont win anything.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Come on, do we really need to do this again? That was a very talented team, that got washed out by Katrina before Peyton got their. That's why they went 3-13. The entire starting line-up he took to the play-offs was there before he got there, with the exception of Brees (Kubiak was handcuffed to Carr), Colston, and McKenzie.

The next year, what did they do? 6-10 or 8-8..... C'mon man!!

I do agree, there is no reason this offense should ever stutter, & I'll add that it makes no sense for a QB guru to have what we have on the bench behind Matt.

There are a hundred real reasons to criticize Kubiak without having to make things up.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 10:45 PM
The difference between Payton and Kubiak is that Kubiak went with his old buddies and Payton hired one of the best D Coodinators in the NFL. Payton got Greg Williams to run his defense and Kubiak hired Frank Bush, a nobody. Until the Texans get that awful Denver influence out of this team they wont win anything.

Being in one of the worse divisions in the NFL doesn't hurt either.

THE NFL
10-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Come on, do we really need to do this again? That was a very talented team, that got washed out by Katrina before Peyton got their. That's why they went 3-13. The entire starting line-up he took to the play-offs was there before he got there, with the exception of Brees (Kubiak was handcuffed to Carr), Colston, and McKenzie.

The next year, what did they do? 6-10 or 8-8..... C'mon man!!

I do agree, there is no reason this offense should ever stutter, & I'll add that it makes no sense for a QB guru to have what we have on the bench behind Matt.

There are a hundred real reasons to criticize Kubiak without having to make things up.

Kubiak CHOSE Carr, he wasnt handcuffed with him. That was his decision.

The Saints didnt become THE SAINTS until they fixed the defense.

THE NFL
10-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Being in one of the worse divisions in the NFL doesn't hurt either.

The Saints are Super Bowl Champs... that excuse doesnt fly.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Kubiak CHOSE Carr, he wasnt handcuffed with him. That was his decision.

The Saints didnt become THE SAINTS until they fixed the defense.

When did they fix their defense? They still suck.

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
The Saints are Super Bowl Champs... that excuse doesnt fly.

Yes it does!

THE NFL
10-22-2010, 10:57 PM
When did they fix their defense? They still suck.

NO they dont.. 7th ranked defense in the NFL and only give up 18 points a game.

Pressure and turnovers.

When you do that you can win. The Texans get neither or they could fade the yards they give up.

Plus... the Saints offense is head and shoulders better than the Texans so that helps the defense out.

THE NFL
10-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes it does!

No it doesnt.

JB
10-22-2010, 10:59 PM
What happened to that troll spray?

THE NFL
10-22-2010, 11:01 PM
What happened to that troll spray?

Yea, because we dont want to talk football or anything, we need to derail this thread and just talk about a poster and not the subject matter.

JB add to the discussion or go away.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2010, 11:03 PM

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4862/633607470680331650troll.jpg

JB
10-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Yea, because we dont want to talk football or anything, we need to derail this thread and just talk about a poster and not the subject matter.

Add to the discussion? You wouldn't know anything about adding to the discussion other than twisted fallacies.

jshabang
10-22-2010, 11:09 PM

The next year, what did they do? 6-10 or 8-8..... C'mon man!! I do agree, there is no reason this offense should ever stutter, & I'll add that it makes no sense for a QB guru to have what we have on the bench behind Matt.

u keep bringin up records........everyteam can lose........I dont care about records....my point is the saints always play like the saints...even if they lose.... not wins or a losses....I dont care about that....I care about consistency that we dont have and why!

why is it one team one week....another the next?????...especially offensively when we have a great offensive minded coach....we have to be strong somewhere...and if we have a offensive minded coach.......with this much talent at the skill positions and still come out in games where they dont show up....my question is how come this happens

and even if u bring up they went went 8-8 one season.......what did they follow up with the next season??????....not another 8-8 season.....they went to the SUPERBOWL after going 8-8....not 9-7 next season.....they got a ring!!!!!!

i would call that progress......kubiak is stagnant and I am not seeing progress....this is a playoff team without a doubt....and if kubes can not get them motivated to get there....get somebody in here who can!

I know one thing I dont see sean paytons teams coming out like they are not prepared...they come to play....thats the reason in the preseason they handed us our butts...when we were feeling good about ourselves this preseason....showed the difference between a well coached team and a not so well coached team.......

kubiak has to much talent on this team as is to not be one of the elite teams in this league.......and if he cant put it together....the front office has to take a long hard look and see if the man is even capable or competent enough to do it.....cold hard facts

Texan_Bill
10-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Add to the discussion? You wouldn't know anything about adding to the discussion other than twisted fallacies.

Maybe it's phallus, he's interested in.... I dunno, I'm just saying. :D

NitroGSXR
10-22-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm really interested in the special teams factor here... Colts are severely depleted so they'll promote their ST guys and put in more filler material. If I remember correctly, JJ has had a LOT of success fielding punts against the Colts. Then factor in the following week when we face off with the Chargers who's ST is dead last in coverage this season. If JJ busts out some serious yardage and our offense polishes it off, I'll feel pretty good about the rest of the season. We know where to punch them in the gut... will we?

It's all about cojones...

DexmanC
10-23-2010, 12:05 AM
u keep bringin up records........everyteam can lose........I dont care about records....my point is the saints always play like the saints...even if they lose.... not wins or a losses....I dont care about that....I care about consistency that we dont have and why!

why is it one team one week....another the next?????...especially offensively when we have a great offensive minded coach....we have to be strong somewhere...and if we have a offensive minded coach.......with this much talent at the skill positions and still come out in games where they dont show up....my question is how come this happens

and even if u bring up they went went 8-8 one season.......what did they follow up with the next season??????....not another 8-8 season.....they went to the SUPERBOWL after going 8-8....not 9-7 next season.....they got a ring!!!!!!

i would call that progress......kubiak is stagnant and I am not seeing progress....this is a playoff team without a doubt....and if kubes can not get them motivated to get there....get somebody in here who can!

I know one thing I dont see sean paytons teams coming out like they are not prepared...they come to play....thats the reason in the preseason they handed us our butts...when we were feeling good about ourselves this preseason....showed the difference between a well coached team and a not so well coached team.......

kubiak has to much talent on this team as is to not be one of the elite teams in this league.......and if he cant put it together....the front office has to take a long hard look and see if the man is even capable or competent enough to do it.....cold hard facts

I agree with this. Kool-Aid Man says my expectations for the Texans
are a "moving target." If my standards for this team seem to change,
it's because this team has no standard of play. I will NOT smile
when this team comes out woefully unprepared, no matter if they
luck into a win at the end or not.

Demanding this team be prepared, disciplined, and focused is NOT a
"greedy" demand. C'mon, Kool-Aid Man, you know what I'm talking about,
and I will not use a pile of numbers to justify how SLOPPY this team comes
out over and over again.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Did I mention imbibing lots of alcohol????

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 12:12 AM
NO they dont.. 7th ranked defense in the NFL and only give up 18 points a game.

Pressure and turnovers.

When you do that you can win. The Texans get neither or they could fade the yards they give up.

Plus... the Saints offense is head and shoulders better than the Texans so that helps the defense out.

They still suck.

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 12:13 AM
No it doesnt.

Yes it does.

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 12:20 AM

I think your hatred has blinded your objectivity.

Showtime100
10-23-2010, 12:23 AM

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/villagewrong.gif

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 12:25 AM
C'mon, Kool-Aid Man, you know what I'm talking about,
and I will not use a pile of numbers to justify how SLOPPY this team comes
out over and over again.

I believe when people criticize any team for being unprepared, sloppy, lacking fire, I think it's because they don't truly understand what's going on. All they know, is their team didn't score more points than the other team & want to blame it on the head coach.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Why do y'all feel it necessary to engage that asshat???

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Bj63jRaxT7U/SNmRxVPY4SI/AAAAAAAAAAU/WtcTgyK7sBg/S1600-R/jlu_asshat.jpg

*oops, this was in refernce to that troll, "the NFL"*

DexmanC
10-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I believe when people criticize any team for being unprepared, sloppy, lacking fire, I think it's because they don't truly understand what's going on. All they know, is their team didn't score more points than the other team & want to blame it on the head coach.

You're right. Maybe they're busting coverages, arm-tackling, starting slow
on offense to lull the opponent into a "false sense of security."

I guess Kubiak is a genius for inventing a new "winning strategy." How
dare a lowly grunt of The Proletariat like me question the Czar.

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 07:51 AM
You're right. Maybe they're busting coverages, arm-tackling, starting slow
on offense to lull the opponent into a "false sense of security."

I guess Kubiak is a genius for inventing a new "winning strategy." How
dare a lowly grunt of The Proletariat like me question the Czar.

Did the Chiefs get out-coached? Did they forget to play for 4 Qtrs?

CloakNNNdagger
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/arguing-on-the-internet-cheese-grater-arguing-demotivational-poster-1248904631.jpg

DexmanC
10-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Did the Chiefs get out-coached? Did they forget to play for 4 Qtrs?

My focus is on the Texans. No excuses (at all) for coming up short in 2010.
Six games have been played, and I'll be just as relentless for the next ten
until the goal is met.

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 05:26 PM
until the goal is met.

So in other words no.

In other words, some times the other team is just better that day, or that half, or that qtr.

JB
10-23-2010, 05:34 PM
until the goal is met.

Just out of curiosity because this seems to be a recurring theme, what happens if they fall short?

TheMatrix31
10-23-2010, 06:36 PM
So in other words no.

In other words, some times the other team is just better that day, or that half, or that qtr.

Sometimes, it really is as simple as that.

ObsiWan
10-23-2010, 07:09 PM
You need to define "won't work" because Don Coryell won two division titles with the St. Louis Cardinals (the only titles they won while in St. Louis) and three division titles ('79, '80, & '81) out in San Diego.
I'll take some of that "won't work" thank you.

As bad-a$$ as everyone says Paitton Manning is, he only has two super bowl appearances.

TheMatrix31
10-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Please. Let's not try to belittle Peyton's presence and ability.

Showtime100
10-23-2010, 07:32 PM

You need to define "won't work" because Don Coryell won two division titles with the St. Louis Cardinals (the only titles they won while in St. Louis) and three division titles ('79, '80, & '81) out in San Diego.
I'll take some of that "won't work" thank you.

As bad-a$$ as everyone says Paitton Manning is, he only has two super bowl appearances.

Maybe I should have said Super Bowl title. Didn't know anyone here would be happy to stop at Division title as Coryell did. Maybe the rag you call a title is the Land Of Happiness, but to me it's just a nice piss stop on the way.

In the context of my post "won't work" means it didn't bring a Championship.

EDIT: Same goes for the Denver Nuggets of old. To win it all you must have a decent defense.

ObsiWan
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe I should have said Super Bowl title. Didn't know anyone here would be happy to stop at Division title as Coryell did. Maybe the rag you call a title is the Land Of Happiness, but to me it's just a nice piss stop on the way.

In the context of my post "won't work" means it didn't bring a Championship.

EDIT: Same goes for the Denver Nuggets of old. To win it all you must have a decent defense.

hmmmm.... While I would love to see our defense perform better (waaaay better), I'm in the "I-don't-care-how-we-win; just-win" camp.

I was looking at the league defensive stats and here are the top ten teams from a total defense viewpoint:
1. Cowboys (1-4) corrected thanks to Rey
2. Vikings (2-3)
3. Steelers (4-1)
4. Chargers (2-4)
5. Dolphins (3-2)
6. Panthers (0-5) how is this possible?!?
7. Bengals (2-3)
8. Giants (4-2)
9. Ravens (4-2)
10.Chiefs (3-2)

Notice anything? only one team has a better record than us and half those teams have losing records.

As I said before, I'd love for our defense to step it up to the level of the Steelers or Ravens. Combine that with our potent offense we'd be unstoppable.

but at the end of the day - Just win the damn games.

Rey
10-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Cowboys are 2-4?

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Cowboys are 2-4?

Man..... you've got to be a real Cowboy hater to care enough to mention that in this context.

More rep for you.

ObsiWan
10-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Cowboys are 2-4?
good catch, they are ONE-and-four

JB
10-23-2010, 08:19 PM
hmmmm.... While I would love to see our defense perform better (waaaay better), I'm in the "I-don't-care-how-we-win; just-win" camp.

I was looking at the league defensive stats and here are the top ten teams from a total defense viewpoint:
2. Vikings (2-3)
3. Steelers (4-1)
4. Chargers (2-4)
5. Dolphins (3-2)
7. Bengals (2-3)
8. Giants (4-2)
9. Ravens (4-2)
10.Chiefs (3-2)

Notice anything? only one team has a better record than us and half those teams have losing records.

As I said before, I'd love for our defense to step it up to the level of the Steelers or Ravens. Combine that with our potent offense we'd be unstoppable.

While I would love to leave this and go along with it, I need to point out that your ranking is by total yards allowed. to me, scoring defense is what deeds to be looked at.

1. Pitt- 4-1
2. Balt.- 4-2
3. Chi- 4-2
4. Tenn- 4-2
5. Atl- 4-2
6. NYJ- 5-1
7. Minn- 2-3
8. NO- 4-2
9. KC- 3-2
10. GB- 3-3

As you can see, if you have a top defense, you will probably have a good record.

I find it remarkable that we can have a top record with a scoring defense tied for 30th with Jax.

Like has been mentioned, if our defense can improve to average, we will be damn near unbeatable.

edit: you will notice that the cowgurls do not show up in the list. They are tied for 21st with TB.

ObsiWan
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
While I would love to leave this and go along with it, I need to point out that your ranking is by total yards allowed. to me, scoring defense is what deeds to be looked at.

1. Pitt- 4-1
2. Balt.- 4-2
3. Chi- 4-2
4. Tenn- 4-2
5. Atl- 4-2
6. NYJ- 5-1
7. Minn- 2-3
8. NO- 4-2
9. KC- 3-2
10. GB- 3-3

As you can see, if you have a top defense, you will probably have a good record.

I find it remarkable that we can have a top record with a scoring defense tied for 30th with Jax.

Like has been mentioned, if our defense can improve to average, we will be damn near unbeatable.

edit: you will notice that the cowgurls do not show up in the list. They are tied for 21st with TB.
Must spread rep. This looks like a better metric for identifying winners than total defense.

Showtime100
10-23-2010, 08:53 PM

2. Vikings (2-3)
3. Steelers (4-1)
4. Chargers (2-4)
5. Dolphins (3-2)
7. Bengals (2-3)
8. Giants (4-2)
9. Ravens (4-2)
10.Chiefs (3-2)

Nice work on the post. I like that. Rep your way when I done here. I stand by my thinking that you need D to win a Championship though. Though the work you did on that post is admirable I fail to see how that proves or disproves my point. The above teams have all sputtered offensively while Houston has shown the ability get the job done, well, most of the time.

If I may....I agree....just win the damn games....lol!

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Must spread rep. This looks like a better metric for identifying winners than total defense.

Along those lines, let's look at the top offenses.

1. Patriots (4-1)
2. Colts (4-2)
3. Titans (4-2)
4. Jets (5-1)
5. Chargers (2-4)
6. Texans (4-2)
6. Eagles (4-2)
8. Lions (1-5)
9. Packers (3-3)
10. Steelers (4-1)

hmphffff......

steelbtexan
10-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I predict the only thing consistent about the Texans will be their maddeningly inconsistent ways.

JB
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Along those lines, let's look at the top offenses.

1. Patriots (4-1)
2. Colts (4-2)
3. Titans (4-2)
4. Jets (5-1)
5. Chargers (2-4)
6. Texans (4-2)
6. Eagles (4-2)
8. Lions (1-5)
9. Packers (3-3)
10. Steelers (4-1)

hmphffff......

Ok. It looks like Tinn, Jets, GB, and Pitt. are the only teams on both lists...

So, maybe a good team is a good team, regardless of stats? You either win or lose and nothing else matters?

Texans are doing as well as all but 3 teams in the league. And only one team is a full game ahead of the Texans.

You mean, we shouldn't panic yet?

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 09:10 PM

Yes, we're not even halfway through yet.

DexmanC
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
So in other words no.

As long as that other team isn't better enough times to prevent us
from achieving the goal, I'm cool.

DexmanC
10-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice work on the post. I like that. Rep your way when I done here. I stand by my thinking that you need D to win a Championship though. Though the work you did on that post is admirable I fail to see how that proves or disproves my point. The above teams have all sputtered offensively while Houston has shown the ability get the job done, well, most of the time.

If I may....I agree....just win the damn games....lol!

Big offenses rack up regular season games. But as the 16-0, high-powered
Patriots found out, you need a defense to win a championship. Some
people may remember the '06 Colts. Their defense was a SIEVE during
the regular season, and they racked up a ton of wins.

During the playoffs, the offense struggled, and it was the defense that
won them games. Defense wins championships. A couple of great defenses
won championships by themselves (Ravens and Buccaneers come to mind.)

drs23
10-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok. It looks like Tinn, Jets, GB, and Pitt. are the only teams on both lists...

So, maybe a good team is a good team, regardless of stats? You either win or lose and nothing else matters?

Texans are doing as well as all but 3 teams in the league. And only one team is a full game ahead of the Texans.

:goodpost: It's Ws & Ls at the end of the season.

thunderkyss
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM

So you agree, play-offs are a lock. Gotta fix the defense to have a shot at the Super Bowl.

See, we're not so different.

Steal Your Face
10-23-2010, 10:27 PM
How do you see the rest of the season going?

No sense even trying to predict the outcomes of the individual games. I think the D will improve -- or we'll find a way to win games in spite of it. In the end, we'll find a way to make it to the playoffs. We wont win the Super Bowl but we won't be embarrassed either.

No matter what, I'll enjoy he hell out of the rest of the season.

ThaShark316
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM

They (NE in 07) had a defense, they got beat on an unbelievable offensive effort by Eli/Tyree and a great play call on a fade in the end zone vs a CB (Ellis Hobbs) that was prone to giving up the fade. Their defense constantly made stop after stop in the 2nd half of games.

DexmanC
10-24-2010, 12:06 AM
So you agree, play-offs are a lock. Gotta fix the defense to have a shot at the Super Bowl.

See, we're not so different.

Let's hope the Texans don't make liars out of the both of us.

DexmanC
10-24-2010, 12:08 AM
They (NE in 07) had a defense, they got beat on an unbelievable offensive effort by Eli/Tyree and a great play call on a fade in the end zone vs a CB (Ellis Hobbs) that was prone to giving up the fade. Their defense constantly made stop after stop in the 2nd half of games.

That Patriots offense was putting up 30-40 points on everybody throughout the
regular season. In the Superbowl, Tom Brady was eating so much grass,
I thought he was becoming a vegan. The Giants Defense won that
championship by shutting down the offense of the Patriots.

ThaShark316
10-24-2010, 01:31 AM

Ok I read your post wrong...good stuff bruh.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2010, 02:56 AM

That's all true.

But in your original post you said "you need a defense to win a championship" and implied that the Patriots didn't have a good defense that year and that they were just some offensive juggernaut. They were the 4th ranked defense both in scoring and yards.

And the GIANTS defense was ranked 17th in points and 7th in yards. They let people score 40+ points on them twice and 30+ points five times. (Although that bad points ranking was probably because of Manning turning the ball over and giving teams short fields. They had 5 games of 3+ turnovers.)

The Giants (including their defense) just got hot at the right time. They were streaky that entire season. They are the classic example of just getting to the playoffs and then hoping the gods smile down upon you.

DexmanC
10-24-2010, 03:13 AM
That's all true.

But in your original post you said "you need a defense to win a championship" and implied that the Patriots didn't have a good defense that year and that they were just some offensive juggernaut. They were the 4th ranked defense both in scoring and yards.

And the GIANTS defense was ranked 17th in points and 7th in yards. They let people score 40+ points on them twice and 30+ points five times. (Although that bad points ranking was probably because of Manning turning the ball over and giving teams short fields. They had 5 games of 3+ turnovers.)

The Giants (including their defense) just got hot at the right time. They were streaky that entire season. They are the classic example of just getting to the playoffs and then hoping the gods smile down upon you.

I made no comment at all about the Patriot's defense. My post was
ilucidating the point of defense being king in the playoffs. 30-40 points
a game for the Patriots, turned into Tom Brady getting his RDA of
fiber during the Superbowl, due to the play of the Giants' defense.

The Pencil Neck
10-24-2010, 03:26 AM
ilucidating the point of defense being king in the playoffs. 30-40 points

It's just an interpretation thing. No biggie. At least two people didn't read that original post the way you intended it to be read.

DexmanC
10-24-2010, 03:54 AM
It's just an interpretation thing. No biggie. At least two people didn't read that original post the way you intended it to be read.

I dig it. I'm just here to slam the context of what I say, back into the
way I meant it to be said.

thunderkyss
10-24-2010, 07:35 AM

elucidating the point of defense being king in the playoffs. 30-40 points

Which means we're all right. Texans aren't going anywhere if they continue to play the way they are. We all get that.

Some here don't believe the Texans will continue to play this way.

Let's hope the Texans don't make liars out of the both of us.

DexmanC
11-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Looks like the soapers arent' crazy. We wanted to be wrong, but knew
we weren't.

Norg
11-22-2010, 01:03 AM
If we cant beat the RUsty led titans at home in our Battle red paper bag day then its a wrap its over

THIS REALLY IS THE BIGGEST GAME IN TEH KUBES ERA becasue 7 losses and its over

the sad thing is Kubes has got to win 6 straight aganist pretty good teams :P

so now its really 6 GOTZ to wins

thunderkyss
11-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Looks like the soapers arent' crazy. We wanted to be wrong, but knew
we weren't.

It ain't over.

Kaiser Toro
12-20-2010, 11:21 AM

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W

Hilarious.

Yep, you were correct, since my prognostication was off base. Here are the losses put in the right spots.

@Colts - L
SD - L
@Jax - L
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den -
Jac -

Hervoyel
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM

@Colts - L, Revenge of the Peyton. Texans are destroyed on MNF
SD - L, they're better than their record and we come home and flop again.
@Jax - L, Not as bad as their record they get a much needed win at our expense
Ten - W, A stop the bleeding win but this is starting to look familiar.
@Phi - L, Kevin Kolb is in a groove finally and we have no defense.
@Ten - L, Titans & Vince beat us bad. Losing record a lock at this point.
@Den - W, Big "character win" showing how we don't quit even when we're done.
Jac - W, meaningless feel-good win to wrap up 7-9.

Excuses ensue with injuries and suspensions the main culprits. Bob McNair doesn't want to commit to anything yet with a lock-out coming up and so Gary gets another year or two if we don't play in 2011. As is often the case "rinse and repeat"

A few of the details are different (Vick instead of Kolb, Collins, instead of Young) but at this point I'm torn as to what would truly be better for our team. 5-11 or 7-9? I can't bring myself to cheer for two more losses even if my head tells me that they might be the catalyst for much needed change.

Still, we can at best be 7-9 and that's just..... pathetic to me. To go from such promise to such a disappointing record is just brutal.

I want 7-9 even though I know 5-11 would do more to help us in the long run.