PDA

View Full Version : Colts punter arrested after drunken canal swim

hradhak
10-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Hahaha! Does this mean Goodell is going to suspend him for moral conduct problems.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/7255183.html

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Funny how some players choose to confront their fears of having to face the Texans! :texflag:

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 09:03 AM
I fail to see the problem with taking a dip after a couple of adult beverages! :pirate:

BIG TORO
10-20-2010, 09:09 AM
You would think the temperature of the water up there would have sobered him up!

Showtime100
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
He's got a good avg with no blocked punts so I don't think anybody helped him into the water. Wait, where's Neil Rackers? The dude is crazy.

Hardcore Texan
10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
From the article:

Police asked McAfee how much he had to drink.

"A lot cause I am drunk," McAfee said, according to the report.

That about sums it up.

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM
You would think the temperature of the water up there would have sobered him up!

He was more worried that the NFL would steroid test him, if when he emerged from the icey water, they saw that his penis was shrunken and his testicles shriveled up to nothing.:pirate:

NitroGSXR
10-20-2010, 10:03 AM
been there, done that.

disaacks3
10-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I guess he figured having TWO bye weeks....after all, we're up next on the schedule.

silvrhand
10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Bah, come on the guy isn't drinking, and wasn't hurting anyone.. They should have just called a cab for him and put him in it and sent him home..

mootini
10-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Thank god the it wasn't Colts punter arrested after drunken anal swin!

brakos82
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Thank god the it wasn't Colts punter arrested after drunken anal swin!

Usually I'm the one around here reading titles too fast, and I didn't even see that one.

And wrong division rival. :hobie:

Dutchrudder
10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Wow, I totally missed the 'c' in the title and got a very bad mental image...

J_R
10-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Suspended 1 game

JB
10-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Suspended 1 games

Well, since their next game is against us, I figure he is getting off with a warning...

brakos82
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Well, since their next game is against us, I figure he is getting off with a warning...

:lol:

Waaaaait, that ain't funny.

:foottap:

Dwade
10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Honestly they probably won't even need their punter against our mighty defense.

:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
The Indianapolis Colts acted swiftly following the early-morning arrest of punter Pat McAfee on suspicion of public intoxication, suspending him without pay for one game.

McAfee will miss the Nov. 1 home game with the Houston Texans. The Colts are off this weekend.

http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BG&Date=20101020&Category=SPORTS03&ArtNo=101020001&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0

“After verifying the relevant facts, we today have suspended Pat McAfee for one game for conduct detrimental to the club,’’ Colts president Bill Polian said in a statement released by the team. “The suspension will take effect on Monday, Oct. 25 and will run through the Houston game on Monday, Nov. 1. We will have no further comment at this time.”

Coach Jim Caldwell made his disapproval clear.

“I’m certainly not pleased; very disappointed in what happened,” he said Wednesday afternoon. “Obviously one time is too many and obviously we’ve had a few more than we’d like.”

McAfee is the fourth Colt arrested this year on alcohol-related charges.

The second-year player from West Virginia was taken into custody by Indianapolis Metropolitan Police about 5 a.m. after reportedly taking a swim in Central Canal in Broad Ripple in an area where nightlife abounds.

Police were summoned after a driver called 911 to report a wet man wearing no shirt approached her car on foot. McAfee had a blood-alcohol content of 0.15 percent, nearly double the limit for driving in Indiana.

Asked how much he’d had to drink, McAfee responded, “A lot because I am drunk,” according to the police report.

McAfee was released from the Adult Processing Center about noon. His first court appearance is Friday morning.

He was not available Wednesday afternoon after the Colts completed the first of two bye-week practices.

Running back Joseph Addai was sympathetic.

“Nobody feels worse than Pat does,” he said. “He knows he made a mistake. Pat’s a great guy; he’s not a troublemaker. I’m not condoning him doing whatever he did, but we all make our mistakes and we’ve got to move forward. It’s what you do afterwards.”

The other Colts arrested on alcohol violations were wide receiver Taj Smith, arrested on suspicion of drunken driving on Jan..1; defensive tackle Fili Moala, arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated on Sept. 3; and defensive lineman John Gill, arrested and charged with public intoxication on August 8.

Moala has a Jan. 10 court date. The charge against Gill was dropped. Smith no longer is with the team.

Caldwell’s frustration was obvious. It’s a subject he addresses regularly with the team.

“I talk about it more than bye week, but that’s not the issue,” he said. “It’s not necessarily what I’ve done because evidently what we’ve been doing, what I’ve been doing, is not enough. The fact of the matter is we’ve got to get it straightened out because obviously we have much higher standards here.”

LINK (http://www.indystar.com/article/20101020/SPORTS03/101020001/Colts-suspend-kicker-McAfee-for-one-game?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CIndyStar.com)

NitroGSXR
10-20-2010, 07:20 PM

Burn.

Nawzer
10-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Being a punter for the Colts is a very dull job. Gotta do something to pass the time.

Brandon420tx
10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I didn't even know the colts had a punter. I'm also suprised teams don't just deactivate their punters when they play us

Hervoyel
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Police asked McAfee how much he had to drink.

"A lot cause I am drunk," McAfee said, according to the report.

I think the league is looking at this the wrong way. Instead of focusing on the guy being drunk in public maybe they should talk about how he displayed honesty that's rare in the world and becoming harder to find every day.

wagonhed
10-21-2010, 10:50 AM
If there's any doubt that we live in a police state.....

Goatcheese
10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
4th and 15 they done went straight berserk. They ain't puntin' the ball they go for the 1st. :rake:

GP
10-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Poor Peyton Manning.

If it's not a liquored up kicker he's dealing with, it's a liquored up punter.

Or car wash shootings.

The Colts are trying to build street cred. Look out, Bengals...you've got a little competition headig your way.

CloakNNNdagger
10-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Poor Peyton Manning.

If it's not a liquored up kicker he's dealing with, it's a liquored up punter.

Or car wash shootings.

The Colts are trying to build street cred. Look out, Bengals...you've got a little competition headig your way.

But McAfee's not guilty.:kubepalm::kitten:

Colts' punter McAfee pleads not guilty (http://mobile.fox59.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=283&nid=25990207&cid=14032&ith=2&title=Sports+News)

gtexan02
10-23-2010, 05:07 PM
If there's any doubt that we live in a police state.....

What do you mean?

wagonhed
10-23-2010, 07:19 PM
What do you mean?

I mean the police have an inordinate amount of power to stop people from doing all sorts of things that have basically no bearing whatsoever on the well-being of society. We have too many ridiculous laws, too many ridiculous prohibitions, and the police have way too much power to enforce them.

CloakNNNdagger
10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Looks like Sheen is trying to pull a copy cat.

Charlie Sheen naked and intoxicated ... again! (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2010/10/the-ultimate-hollywood-sequel-charlie-sheen-naked-and-intoxicated-again.html)

silvrhand
10-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I mean the police have an inordinate amount of power to stop people from doing all sorts of things that have basically no bearing whatsoever on the well-being of society. We have too many ridiculous laws, too many ridiculous prohibitions, and the police have way too much power to enforce them.

Cause obviously a drunken man approaching women at a stop light is not an odd enough reason to call the cops? I mean where is this guy's friends at did he just go out buy himself and get ()*)$(*@ drunk and the decided to go swimming in the canal? Don't get me wrong it's funny and I would have just rather seen the cops take him home, but the days of that are long gone.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY..

He put himself in that position and have nothing to blame the cops for.

Police were first called after a driver stopped at a red light reported that a man with no shirt approached her car. The woman told police she feared the man was going to try to get in the car, so she ran the red light and called 911 to report the suspicious person.

Texan_Bill
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
C'mon now!! Who amongst us hasn't gotten a little wasted and gone swimming? :spy:

silvrhand
10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
C'mon now!! Who amongst us hasn't gotten a little wasted and gone swimming? :spy:

Usually that involved a lake, a woman, and condoms..

:cow:

Texan_Bill
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Usually that involved a lake, a woman, and condoms..

:cow:

:spit: Right!

Although, I do remember some drunk sumbitch jumping in the pond at Sam's Boat (Stafford) and swimming to the other side where the feeder for 59 is..

gtexan02
10-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Im not commenting on your post as a generalization, but in this specific instance, I think it was totally appropriate for them to arrest this guy.

He was wasted and walking out around traffic. He even tried to get into one lady's car. The guy was going to cause an accident or worse at some point. Im a fan of prevention, rather than waiting for something worse to happen

silvrhand
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
:spit: Right!

Although, I do remember some drunk sumbitch jumping in the pond at Sam's Boat (Stafford) and swimming to the other side where the feeder for 59 is..

Hopefully you weren't naked...

:mariopalm: