PDA

View Full Version : Chief's Haley Throws Accolades to the Texans's OFFENSE

CloakNNNdagger
10-19-2010, 08:01 PM
No mention of the Texan's defense (Wonder why?) But he does openly give the Texans offense its due.

Todd Haley Says Texans Offense May Be Best Chiefs See All Year

Maybe the Kansas City Chiefs shouldn't feel too bad about giving up 35 points to the Houston Texans on Sunday. Chiefs head coach Todd Haley spent a few minutes gushing about the Texans offense calling them perhaps the best offense they'll see all year.

"I gotta take my hat off to that group," Haley said. "That is a good offense now. Maybe the best offense we see. Maybe, really, the best we see from a multi-dimensional attack. That quarterback played really, really good."

Haley likes the Texans offense a lot. As a former receivers coach, he had high praise for WR Andre Johnson. He also liked he strong rushing attack the Texans had in RB Arian Foster and RB Derrick Ward as well as mobility of QB Matt Schaub.

"This Andre Johnson," Haley continued. "I don't know if there's nayone better than him. He is a big time receiver. This back that is relatively unknown, and [RB Derrick] Ward, also a guy that I've always like and a guy when he's been up for free agency and things like that I like to talk about, he made a big play for them.

"This receiver is really good. Really good. The back obviously is good and they had a couple of them as I knew. It was more just when you have explosive players like they have things can happen that can hurt you because they're capable of making plays even when you do a lot of things the way you have to do them."

Context is important here because Haley worked with Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fizgerald. Many would consider Johnson and Fitzgerald the top two receivers in the league.

I agree that the Texans offense is very good and find it interesting that Haley suggests they may be a harder matchup than the Colts. If they really are the best then in a perfect world this marks the low point for the Chiefs defense in 2010.link (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/18/1759521/todd-haley-says-texans-offense-may-be-best-chiefs-see-all-year)

Nawzer
10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
He doesn't know Matt Schaub's name? Nice praise but that is a poorly written article.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 08:06 PM
That quarterback played really, really good."

Well... That quarterback played really, really well. ;)

False Start
10-19-2010, 08:11 PM
He doesn't know Matt Schaub's name? Nice praise but that is a poorly written article.

The guy looked like he just came back from a Jimmy Buffet concert with the way he dressed on Sunday. Maybe he forgot. http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/6408/pbonghit.gif

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
They are the best. Problem is that 2nd best is always whatever offense we play that week and it's too close for comfort.

drs23
10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Good find, as usual :clap::clap:

JB
10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
The guy looked like he just came back from a Jimmy Buffet concert with the way he dressed on Sunday. Maybe he forgot. http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/6408/pbonghit.gif

:lol:

gtexan02
10-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Does it bother no one else that coaches never seem to know the names of the players? It comes across as ultra arrogant.

You are supposed to have spent a week gameplanning intensely for us. Our "unknown running back" is leading the NFL in rush yards. There are tons of camera angles of him from behind. Surely you know his name.

Its not just the Chiefs. All teams coaches sound like this. Its like after the Colts game, I almost envision Kubiak saying "that quarterback of theres, whats his name, number 81 or something, he had a pretty decent game against us."

MEGA SWATT
10-19-2010, 09:19 PM
cool!

JB
10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Does it bother no one else that coaches never seem to know the names of the players? It comes across as ultra arrogant.

You are supposed to have spent a week gameplanning intensely for us. Our "unknown running back" is leading the NFL in rush yards. There are tons of camera angles of him from behind. Surely you know his name.

Its not just the Chiefs. All teams coaches sound like this. Its like after the Colts game, I almost envision Kubiak saying "that quarterback of theres, whats his name, number 81 or something, he had a pretty decent game against us."

To be honest, they are more concerned with what the position is accomplishing. More concerned with the position rather than the name, and they associate with the number. I guess it is a film watching thing.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
He'll, Parcells didn't even know his own players names.

Carr Bombed
10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Todd Haley knows who Matt Schaub is.......he just didn't say his name.

Seriously, he isn't some network talking head, he's a NFL head coach. He probably watched just about every highlight Matt Schaub had so far this season when game planning against our team. I'm pretty sure he knows Schaub's name.

Coaches say "that guy" or "that player" all the time.....Kubiak does it alot when talking about Manning.

devo-x
10-19-2010, 09:48 PM
We can hope to receive similar honor for the Texans defense after the bye week

El Tejano
10-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Well he named Derrick Ward but his team only knows him by the name Elbows N. Butthole because that's all they saw of Derrick Ward.

Hookem Horns
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM

Buddy Ryan also refused to use players names. He always referred to them by number even when talking to the media. I am talking about his own players btw.

machineo
10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Haley makes Kubiak sound like a Harvard professor.

El Tejano
10-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Anyone else get the feeling these compliments were back handed?

GNTLEWOLF
10-20-2010, 12:41 AM
I got the idea they were just coach speak or something to say because of a sportsmanship thing when all along he was snickering behind our backs because he really thought he could have beaten us easily if his guys had just played a full 4 qtrs or if he hadn't had penalties.
The didn't come off as sincere to me...

Corrosion
10-20-2010, 07:00 AM
We can hope to receive similar honor for the Texans defense after the bye week

I think the Bye Week might score 30 on this defense .... :ant:

Thorn
10-20-2010, 07:20 AM

:lol:

Goatcheese
10-20-2010, 07:35 AM

Well... it's an improvement over last week. :thinking:

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Well... it's an improvement over last week. :thinking:

Not really. The bye week also threw for 430 and rushed for a buck 20... :foottap:

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 07:53 AM
I got the idea they were just coach speak or something to say because of a sportsmanship thing when all along he was snickering behind our backs because he really thought he could have beaten us easily if his guys had just played a full 4 qtrs or if he hadn't had penalties.
The didn't come off as sincere to me...

If the headcoach doesn't believe this about his team, he needs to go. It doesn't matter who they play.

Did you see that interview with Singletary before they played the Saints? A reporter asked him how he felt about the "buzz" that his team wasn't going to be able to hang with Nawlins.

Singletary wasn't having none of it. He told them in the most convincing way, that his team wasn't going to be walked on. He backed it up that Sunday, that was probably one of the best games I've seen so far this year.

BIG TORO
10-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Hey that was'nt BobbleHead Texan in the picture behind Andre!

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
We are the best offense due to the many ways we can move the ball and score points. I think every skilled position guy who has played has scored a TD.

GP
10-20-2010, 08:40 AM

Somebody's posting from a cell phone that has auto-correct.

I hate it when my cell phone does that, putting He'll when it knows I want Hell.

GNTLEWOLF
10-20-2010, 08:52 AM
If the headcoach doesn't believe this about his team, he needs to go. It doesn't matter who they play.
Did you see that interview with Singletary before they played the Saints? A reporter asked him how he felt about the "buzz" that his team wasn't going to be able to hang with Nawlins.

Singletary wasn't having none of it. He told them in the most convincing way, that his team wasn't going to be walked on. He backed it up that Sunday, that was probably one of the best games I've seen so far this year.

What you said right there is the very reason I felt that it was insincere. If your team loses to a team and you think your guys can beat anybody...well you sure don't want anybody believing you lost to a bunch of bums. The spin that looks best for your team is that the guys who beat you are the best...

And yes I did see Singletary....I love his style of coaching. He believes what he says and he says what he believes..very Lombardiesque ..unfortunately, in today's NFL climate where players are not accustomed to rigid discipline, I'm not sure he will last very long

Hardcore Texan
10-20-2010, 08:54 AM

Well it's better than "kids". (and Vista)

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Somebody's posting from a cell phone that has auto-correct.

I hate it when my cell phone does that, putting He'll when it knows I want Hell.

iPad
:)

Corrosion
10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Well it's better than "kids". (and Vista)

I dunno about that , I bet my 5 year old daughter could tackle better than what we saw in the sacond half against the Chiefs.

But yeah , anything is better than Vista accept maybe Obama and Pelosi.

houstonspartan
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
This quarterback.
That running back.

Compliment my ass. Haley was being a condescending jerk.

Double Barrel
10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Chiefs head coach Todd Haley spent a few minutes gushing about the Texans offense calling them perhaps the best offense they'll see all year.

Yeah, that sounds like a complete diss to me, too! Let's get the pitchforks and find him! :rolleyes: