PDA

View Full Version : Offense and our first possession.

El Tejano
10-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I was just wondering if we've scored a TD if at all on our first possessions this season. I know we didn't in Washington, Dallas, NYG and KC, but I'm not too sure about Oakland and Indy.

If so, this has to change IMO! We need to start setting the tone and putting the fear in others defenses.

Ryan
10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
The only one was against Oakland.

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:57 PM
It may be that our O-linemen are gradually wearing down the D just enough to get it done later. IDK.

Big Lou
10-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I was just wondering if we've scored a TD if at all on our first possessions this season. I know we didn't in Washington, Dallas, NYG and KC, but I'm not too sure about Oakland and Indy.

If so, this has to change IMO! We need to start setting the tone and putting the fear in others defenses.

You know its funny I was thinking about this a while back but in a different way. Back in the HWWNBN Days the Texans scored on the opening drive like 90% of the time (This is a guesstimate on the percentage but it was a lot), which was ussually our only score, but we were pretty consistent on the opening drive.

gtexan02
10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I like to think we lull them into a false sense of security throughout the first 3 quarters. You know, give up tons of points and yards and barely play competitive football on offense.

Than BAM. Put 21 on 'em before they can think

HJam72
10-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah, let's lull all the way to the final 2:00 warning! That'll work real well against the Colts! :)

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 12:00 AM

Against Indy & Washington, we only scored field goals (6 points) in the first Qtr. We scored 14 against Oakland in the first Qtr.

Dallas, NYGiants, KC, we were scoreless in the first Qtr.

So in 6 games, we've scored
26 points in the first Qtr
34 points in the 2nd Qtr
41 points in the 3rd Qtr
62 points in the 4th Qtr

If this is the way our offense is going to play, we've got to beef up on the DL, and get deeper in our rotation so they can hold up until the offense catches up.

imatexan
10-20-2010, 05:39 AM
You know its funny I was thinking about this a while back but in a different way. Back in the HWWNBN Days the Texans scored on the opening drive like 90% of the time (This is a guesstimate on the percentage but it was a lot), which was ussually our only score, but we were pretty consistent on the opening drive.

I was thinking the same thing, the Texans used to ALWAYS score on the first drive of the game and find a way to lose it.

This year it seems we start off slow and then usually come back for the win, even Colts week 1 we were only leading by 3 at the half.

The Texans need to find a way where they have that "sense of urgency" earlier in the game and play the whole game that way.

hradhak
10-20-2010, 07:28 AM
I'd like to think that we're so effective in the 2nd half because we've made adjustments to what we've seen. Somehow though, I can't believe that's the case.:pop: