PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring malcolm sheppard up

newtexan
10-19-2010, 06:13 AM
Sheppard has excelled in the PS , he's well rested and could bring good depth at the DE/DT positions.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 06:17 AM
I'd like to see Sheppard come up... However I think Suan Cody had an excellent game yesterday in his bid for more playing time.

SheTexan
10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Sheppard has excelled in the PS

How do you know this?

dbruder44
10-19-2010, 06:47 AM
How do you know this?

Because he in fact is Malcom Sheppard

Section516
10-19-2010, 06:50 AM
NewT is Shep's forum lover :cowboy1:

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Could he be worse than Zerokoye or O-ham? Nope, me thinks not.

IDEXAN
10-19-2010, 08:33 AM
I'd like to see Sheppard come up... However I think Suan Cody had an excellent game yesterday in his bid for more playing time.
You're right Cody was very active this past Sunday. What's got into him ?
But why not give Sheppard a shot, couldn't be any worse than what we already have in terms of generating some pressure on the QB ?

DexmanC
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
NewTexan now has 93 posts about Malcolm Sheppard.

So, Newtexan (Shepp,) how's life on the practice squad?

JCTexan
10-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Am I the only one who thought PS meant pre-season & not practice squad?

Kaiser Toro
10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
The Sheppard Watch is as comical as Brian Fantana's Panda Watch

Ron Burgundy: Let's go to Brian Fantana who's live on the scene with a Channel 4 News exclusive. Brian?
Brian Fantana: Panda Watch. The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh... Ching... King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that he's a live bear, he will literally rip your face off.
[to the Panda]
Brian Fantana: Hey, you're making me look stupid. Get out here, Panda Jerk!
Ron Burgundy: Great story. Compelling, and rich.

TimeKiller
10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
LOLz
6'2'' 291 DT. We got those man. Okoye, Mitchell, Antonio. Maybe...drop 20 pounds and be a DE. I don't believe speed would be an issue, he's plenty quick already. He's no Barwin but I bet he's faster than Ogunleye or Anderson, their game is dookie. Of course, this probably couldn't be accomplished this year but....oh nevermind, this thread isn't serious. Hey Malcolm Sheppard's agent/friend/relative/nutcase!

newtexan
10-19-2010, 08:19 PM
talk about comical, you guys are str8 trippin, lol !!!

FirstTexansFan
10-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Welcome to the board Malcolm, good to see players taking an interest in what we mere fans have to say :)

JB
10-19-2010, 08:24 PM

Why don't you tell us what is so funny? Why should we bring up Sheppard? What does he bring that any member of the roster doesn't bring? And why do you know more than the coaching staff?

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
The Sheppard Watch is as comical as Brian Fantana's Panda Watch

:spit: So... I'm reading this thread (all intently) and then I read this... Way to get me off my serious track!! ;)

PS. On a serious and grumpy note: I hate Arkansas!! Old SWC Curmudgeons know why!!!

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Why don't you tell us what is so funny? Why should we bring up Sheppard? What does he bring that any member of the roster doesn't bring? And why do you know more than the coaching staff?

Well, there is that empty roster spot we have to fill now.

:kitten:

JB
10-19-2010, 08:35 PM
:spit: So... I'm reading this thread (all intently) and then I read this... Way to get me off my serious track!! ;)

PS. On a serious and grumpy note: I hate Arkansas!! Old SWC Curmudgeons know why!!!

Damn straight!

Big Lou
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM
You're right Cody was very active this past Sunday. What's got into him ?
But why not give Sheppard a shot, couldn't be any worse than what we already have in terms of generating some pressure on the QB ?

Do you think Cody could drop back in coverage? He's got lockdown corner written all over him!!!

Brisco_County
10-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey, I heard that guy Brisco County was pretty good. The Texans should let him have a walk-on shot at quarterback.

TimeKiller
10-20-2010, 07:59 AM
No way, that Timekiller I've been hearing about sounds like the FS they've been looking for. Bring him up.

BigBull17
10-20-2010, 08:36 AM
LOLz
6'2'' 291 DT. We got those man. Okoye, Mitchell, Antonio. Maybe...drop 20 pounds and be a DE. I don't believe speed would be an issue, he's plenty quick already. He's no Barwin but I bet he's faster than Ogunleye or Anderson, their game is dookie. Of course, this probably couldn't be accomplished this year but....oh nevermind, this thread isn't serious. Hey Malcolm Sheppard's agent/friend/relative/nutcase!

Did Anderson play Sunday? I don't remember him.

TimeKiller
10-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Did Anderson play Sunday? I don't remember him.

Because his game is dookie.

newtexan
10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
SEC fans know what a bargain the Texans have in Sheppard, being cut then placed on the practice squad has only made him more determined ,bigger and stronger, he's a project that will pay great dividens for this defense in the future.

PapaL
10-21-2010, 08:44 PM
You know who else has looked pretty sharp? Papa L. They should call him up. He's been working out on sofa and drinking beer.

That guy should definitely be called up.

drewmar74
10-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Because his game is dookie.

Yeah.... but how do you really feel about it?

SEC fans know what a bargain the Texans have in Sheppard, being cut then placed on the practice squad has only made him more determined ,bigger and stronger, he's a project that will pay great dividens for this defense in the future.

Malcolm - we get it. You're ready to go. But none of us can call you up. Sorry, bro.

wagonhed
10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
lol. I love this thread.

TexansFanatic
10-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Sheppard has excelled in the PS , he's well rested and could bring good depth at the DE/DT positions.

Welcome to the board, Malcolm.

I'd like to see you get some playing time, myself.

newtexan
10-22-2010, 11:34 AM
sorry dude, but i'm not Malcolm Sheppard, i'm pretty sure he's not that lame as to spend time on a message board tooting his own horn, thats for us arm-chair coaches .:cutthroat:

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
lol. I love this thread.

Me too. I played a lil high school dt/de, maybe O can be activated to rush the passer.

scourge
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
sorry dude, but i'm not Malcolm Sheppard, i'm pretty sure he's not that lame as to spend time on a message board tooting his own horn, thats for us arm-chair coaches .:cutthroat:

Some have done it in the past, or their parents, siblings, friends, etc...

We could use any help we could get, so where it comes from doesn't matter to me. If he's worth it I would think they would at least give him some sort of shot this season. Perhaps he just isn't ready? Forget pre-season, has he been tearing it up in practice or something? I assume you have some sort of insider information. What's he(you) been doing that shows he's ready?

Timekiller is right, we have enough DT's that are similar in build. Drop 20 and be a DE, or gain 40 and be the type of DT we really need. Someone who can take on 2 blockers regularly to give the smaller guys the chance to break through and get inside pressure.

Your stance on this does lead me to believe that you know him personally in some fashion, or are just a Arkansas/SEC fanatic.

newtexan
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
he's jus my hero dude, lol, nah jus know of him from that sec circle, Texan fans seems to see him as some lil D-2 player living a rudy dream, not so people, DO YOUR RESEARCH !! yes he went undrafted , that happens every year to good players, this guy aint hangin round fer nuttn,.... trus me.

scourge
10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Undrafted doesn't matter to me. Arian Foster went undrafted and he's tearing it up. In his case he showed the staff he was ready for a shot.

I never said he was a "Rudy" type. We said we have other DT's with the same build. He wants to make the lineup? Then either show them he is more than ready during practices or alter his build somewhat to get a chance at other DLinemen types we need. A big fat boy to clog the middle, or an edge rusher that can get to the qb.

I said before that I don't care if it's him or someone else that improves the line. I'm not anti-Sheppard. I just have yet to see any reason to think he is the world beater you claim he is. Your man-crush will hopefully one day get his shot and be the HoF player you want him to be. Until then, he has to bust his butt and make the coaches see he is better than what we currently have out there, if nothing more than being better than the benchwarmers.

newtexan
10-22-2010, 03:17 PM
very well put, .....a reliable source says he's been holding his own in practice, could possibly get the call-up as early as monday,....stay tuned.

76Texan
10-22-2010, 09:09 PM
If they think he's ready, I wouldn't mind seeing him getting his shot.
I see him as having more potential than Bulman when he got started.
Sheppard is way more versatile than Bulman.
I hope he has good work ethic.
They value that a lot around here, them Texans!

gg no re
10-22-2010, 09:16 PM
don't Hulk75 us, newtexan

drs23
10-22-2010, 09:30 PM

Just for us newbs, what does this mean?

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Just for us newbs, what does this mean?

Hulk75 was David Carr's brother. He use to "bless" us with insider information that was always wrong. If David Carr had a clue as to what was going on with the inner workings of this team, he definitely didn't tell his brother.

But the guy was the biggest David Carr fan, would blame everybody & everything before admitting his brother made even the smallest mistake.

drs23
10-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Hulk75 was David Carr's brother. He use to "bless" us with insider information that was always wrong. If David Carr had a clue as to what was going on with the inner workings of this team, he definitely didn't tell his brother.

But the guy was the biggest David Carr fan, would blame everybody & everything before admitting his brother made even the smallest mistake.

OK, makes sense now. Thanks TK.

So then yeah,

C Madd
10-23-2010, 10:12 AM

Man, I forgot all about Hulk75

wagonhed
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Seriously.... if Malcolm Sheppard makes the team and starts tearing **** up as a starter I'll be happy as a clam. Noone is rooting for the guy more than all the fans of this team that want to see our DTs not suck anymore!

drewmar74
10-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Man, I forgot all about Hulk75

How? He's burned into my memory much the same way that JohnsonFan is.

Seriously.... if Malcolm Sheppard makes the team and starts tearing **** up as a starter I'll be happy as a clam. Noone is rooting for the guy more than all the fans of this team that want to see our DTs not suck anymore!

^^This^^

Dutchrudder
10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
If Malcolm Sheppard can't beat out Cody or Okam for a roster spot, then I really wouldn't worry about him getting called up. He really can't be that good, or our talent evaluators suck, which when it comes to DT is quite likely.

Brisco_County
10-23-2010, 01:51 PM
If Malcolm Sheppard can't beat out Cody or Okam for a roster spot, then I really wouldn't worry about him getting called up. He really can't be that good, or our talent evaluators suck, which when it comes to DT is quite likely.

I just think our rookie DT's aren't going to be evaluated against our veterans until at least next preseason.

kiwitexansfan
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Timekiller is right, we have enough DT's that are similar in build. Drop 20 and be a DE, or gain 40 and be the type of DT we really need. Someone who can take on 2 blockers regularly to give the smaller guys the chance to break through and get inside pressure.

Just one thing I see come up over and over and over again. People saying we NEED a big DT.

If for a moment our coaches thought we needed that player don't you think they would be trying to bring in, acquire, draft, trade for, develop that guy. The truth is that guy is not in the vision of this coaching staff. If a DT fit that bill he would be cut as not being right for the system.

Until such time as there is a change in philosophy in our defense, the big fat space eating DT is a pipe dream.

That is all.

C Madd
10-23-2010, 04:49 PM
How? He's burned into my memory much the same way that JohnsonFan is.

I think I tried to repress the memory.

Until such time as there is a change in philosophy in our defense, the big fat space eating DT is a pipe dream.

That is all.

So you're saying my dreams of the Texans bringing in Sam Adams or Gilbert Brown are going to stay dreams?! :crying:

wagonhed
10-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Just one thing I see come up over and over and over again. People saying we NEED a big DT.

If for a moment our coaches thought we needed that player don't you think they would be trying to bring in, acquire, draft, trade for, develop that guy. The truth is that guy is not in the vision of this coaching staff. If a DT fit that bill he would be cut as not being right for the system.

That is all.
O
k
a
m

Rey
10-23-2010, 06:57 PM
O
k
a
m

A
N
O
M
A
L
Y

Check the rosters. DT's his size are not running rampant in 4-3's.

Our DT's are about Average, but if you take the whole D-line into account we're above average.

If you look at the whole front 7 we are f'n huge.

newtexan
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Reliable source says Sheppard hours away from call up,Texans going with extra DT for remainder of season, makes perfect sense , no need to continue bringing in journeymen dt's, Sheppard knows this defense and should be ready, Mitchell still nursing ankle sprain, Sheppard is no pup and could be helpful if used in the right package,............ i'll take your criticism now.

Rey
10-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I figured they would use that extra roster spot for Hill coming off of PUP...

Or maybe I have my numbers wrong...I don't know what they are doing anymore...

FirstTexansFan
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Reliable source says Sheppard hours away from call up,Texans going with extra DT for remainder of season, makes perfect sense , no need to continue bringing in journeymen dt's, Sheppard knows this defense and should be ready, Mitchell still nursing ankle sprain, Sheppard is no pup and could be helpful if used in the right package,............ i'll take your criticism now.

We're not criticizing you Malcolm, we're pulling for ya ;)

newtexan
10-24-2010, 10:23 PM
dude, i'm newtexan, get use to it, if Shep is called up 2morrow i'll be on this board while you watch him play a lil special teams nxt mon. night , surely he wouldn't have a lap top on the side line would he ?.:gun:

FirstTexansFan
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
dude, i'm newtexan, get use to it, if Shep is called up 2morrow i'll be on this board while you watch him play a lil special teams nxt mon. night , surely he wouldn't have a lap top on the side line would he ?.:gun:

If you do, they'll fine ya :)

newtexan
10-24-2010, 10:46 PM
heck !! i can't sleep, let Shep play at DE opposite of Williams , the money you save with this guy you could go after this big so-called run-stuffer and you'll get great effort from a guy that will cause havoc from the end position, he proved this against SEC talent his jr. yr. playing DE , 8 SACKS, 17 tfl over 50 tackles. all-SEC, against guys that start now throughout the nfl , google CHRIS LOW of espn and read what he says about the steal the TEXANS got in the draft , i'm getting tired of tooting this guys horn , i wanna see him work now, Texans, lets pull the trigger and let him eat.

J_R
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
newtexan got his wish. Malcolm Sheppard activated.

pbat488
10-25-2010, 12:40 PM
newtexan's reaction out of happiness..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

warning: a little nsfw due to graphicality, could be disturbing to young uns. (why I didn't post gif in thread)

Malloy
10-25-2010, 12:45 PM

You'll be fine Malcolm, as long as you don't tweet :)

drs23
10-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Link?

J_R
10-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Link?

http://twitter.com/#!/NickScurfield/status/28709819216

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/status/28711928203

drs23
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/NickScurfield/status/28709819216

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/status/28711928203

Thanks, HSF.

Blake
10-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Cool. Shepp's brother was right. I guess Shepp is back to 100% after he tore some ligaments in his shoulder during his bowl game last yr.

drewmar74
10-25-2010, 01:27 PM

I'm down with this.

Actually, I'm down with any changes...... shoot, I'm actually amped to see the staff shaking things up a little.

JWarren14
10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Here is the article NewTexan was talking about

link (http://www.arkansassports360.com/18405/chris-low-hog-malcolm-sheppard-may-be-free-agent-steal-for-texans)

JWarren14
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Kind of like the anti-Frank Okam:

Link (http://www.arkansassports360.com/14474/chris-bahn-sheppards-sacrifices-great-example-for-razorbacks)

DexmanC
10-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Here is the article NewTexan was talking about

link (http://www.arkansassports360.com/18405/chris-low-hog-malcolm-sheppard-may-be-free-agent-steal-for-texans)

The article describes him as a young Antonio "Smiff."

ChampionTexan
10-25-2010, 03:10 PM
The article describes him as a young Antonio "Smiff."

Here's hoping he's this year's (defensive) version of Arian Foster - only with a 6 game head start.

wagonhed
10-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Judging by the articles he seems like a great guy. Glad to have another guy with a motor on the DL.

False Start
10-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Lets see what he can do.

drs23
10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Glad to see ya make it Malcom. Newtexan has a chub that won't go away now. Don't you do anything to make it dissappear. :kitten:

Big Lou
10-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey it's time to bring that guy Big Lou up. McNair should give him a shot, it's time for him to get Box Seats. He's well rested and ready to drink massive quantities of beer in McNairs suite.

Hey it worked for Sheppard, uh I mean newtexan!!!!!!!:dancer: