PDA

View Full Version : Nnamdi Asomugha on Texans' radar

Pages : [1] 2

Dash
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Per ESPN Insider:

Sunday, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the Oakland Raiders have informed other teams that any player on their roster is available via trade. The Raiders' official Twitter feed has yet to vigorously deny these rumors. Nnamdi Asomungha is reportedly on the Houston Texans radar come Tuesday if they can agree to compensation with the Raiders. The Texans are desperate for a good veteran CB in their young secondary. Keep an eye on this Texan fans as your prayers might be answered.

DexmanC
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Per ESPN Insider:

Sunday, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the Oakland Raiders have informed other teams that any player on their roster is available via trade. The Raiders' official Twitter feed has yet to vigorously deny these rumors. Nnamdi Asomungha is reportedly on the Houston Texans radar come Tuesday if they can agree to compensation with the Raiders. The Texans are desperate for a good veteran CB in their young secondary. Keep an eye on this Texan fans as your prayers might be answered.

My response:

Yeah, right.

powerfuldragon
don't go getting my hopes up like this.

HTown2ATX
Per ESPN Insider: Sunday, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the Oakland Raiders have informed other teams that any player on their roster is available via trade. The Raiders' official Twitter feed has yet to vigorously deny these rumors. Nnamdi Asomungha is reportedly on the Houston Texans radar come Tuesday if they can agree to compensation with the Raiders. The Texans are desperate for a good veteran CB in their young secondary. Keep an eye on this Texan fans as your prayers might be answered.

FOR.........THE...........LOVE..........OF........ ....GOD........PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

C'mon Rick Smith, shatter the status quo and let's get this train rollin'.

Have Darryl Morey on 3 way to help make sure we come out on top compensation wise too!!!! :evil:

wagonhed
yeah ill believe this when i see it.

Dutchrudder
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh please please please!!! Anyone could do better than the crap we have now...

BIG TORO
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
There is a football God and he is listening!:texflag:

This is all I want for Christmass BOB! And I want my presant by tomorrow!

DexmanC
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Well, we DID pass on Cedric Benson 'cause we didn't want to hurt
Steve Slaton's feelings...

Section516
Dude..

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/mydral1/kid-with-boner.jpg

powerfuldragon
link?

Thorn
10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
yeah ill believe this when i see it.

Exactly.

HTown2ATX
Dude..

LMAO...rep

Hervoyel
Bring it. Give up the picks in exchange for the "sure thing".

And then find a way to get a productive DT on this team.

I've got it! Picks for Aso and Slaton for Haynesworth!

MojoX
Raiders respond to Schefter (via PFT):

"Does [Schefter] really think that we would trade Nnamdi [Asomugha], Richard [Seymour], Rolando [McClain] or either of our running backs? You do that math on that one," the anonymous exec told Steve Corkran.

So just in case any teams out there are interested, let's be clear: The 31-year-old defensive tackle making $12.398 million on the 31st-ranked rush defense is not available. Carry on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/18/raiders-scoff-at-schefters-report/
Let's not get too excited.

Carr Bombed
10-18-2010, 03:44 PM
If this happens...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

gtexan02
I dont like the way this is playing out...

If we make a trade like this, in desperation, we are likely going to get fleeced.

We traded 2 2nd round picks for our franchise quarterback and people thought that was a high price.

We might have to give up a lot more for a proven commodity, lockdown CB

Section516

Theres still secondary players that can boost our team on that roster.

Goatcheese
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
At this point I don't care if they give up 2 1sts. Asomugha can get us into the playoffs and the playoffs are worth 2 #1s.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
At this point I don't care if they give up 2 1sts. Asomugha can get us into the playoffs and the playoffs are worth 2 #1s.

Agreed!!!

And drop Darryl Morey a little $$ to be on a conference call as an "advisor" if you have to to keep from getting fleeced. :evil:

brakos82
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Dude..

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/Schaub.jpg

jaayteetx
10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
You do this, you sacrifice your future IMO. Yes, it may pay off in the interim but be prepared for CRAPPY teams five six years from now.

dtran04
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Schefter actually does this every single year since he has some ties (or maybe beef) with the Raiders organization. It's his way of embarrassing the Raiders even more every year.

FirstTexansFan
You do this, you sacrifice your future IMO. Yes, it may pay off in the interim but be prepared for CRAPPY teams five six years from now.

I'll take CRAPPY in five years for a playoff and hopefully an SB now :)

MojoX
Theres still secondary players that can boost our team on that roster.

Point is, its the Raiders. I live in the Bay Area and am often subjected to Raiders coverage. Even if the Texans offered a sweet deal, there is no telling what Al Davis will command his team to do. Be hopeful, but don't go ape-crazy if/when no deal goes down. No deal doesn't mean the Texans didn't try.

But I am keeping my fingers crossed for any (sensible) deal to go down.

BIG TORO
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM

Thats pretty much how I feel about it, except Im thinking like a 1st round next year and a 3rd the following year. I would be happy with that for a proven shutdown corner.

Stemp

So everyone on the Raiders roster is available to trade, except the players that teams would actually trade FOR?

Goatcheese

Two late (hopefully #32 overall) 1st rounders isn't going to make or break a franchise.

Besides, I would rather win now while we have Schaub, AJ, Mario, Cushing, Ryans(next season), Foster, etc.

Five or six years from now half of those guys will be retired or playing somewhere else.

ArlingtonTexan
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Schefter actually does this every single year since he has some ties (or maybe beef) with the Raiders organization. It's his way of embarrassing the Raiders even more every year.

More than once, the Raiders have pooh poohed the rumor and called Schefter a romor-monger only to do exactly what was rumored. I still think that this a longshot but ne that I would more than welcome.

Mr. Texan
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
:drool:

GuerillaBlack
10-18-2010, 03:58 PM
don't go getting my hopes up like this.

I know right! Luckily the trade deadline is tomorrow. No long out wait like the Rockets trade rumors. Speaking of the Rockets, I wish Rick Smith was more like Morey. Hopefully he starts now with the Aso rumors.

beerlover
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
hope Texans do not trade future picks, uncertain times I think a single one is about the best case scenero :texflag:

Dutchrudder
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Huff and Chris Johnson would be the two DBs I want from that team. Aso has an ungodly contract and I'm relatively certain this is the last year of it. No way the Texans even consider a guy making that much money.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM

As opposed to the juggernaut teams we have had so far.....

Plus these should be later picks which don't hurt nearly as bad...

Malloy
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Dude..

Is that Pizza?!?!

Vinnie
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Has Al seen how fast Jacoby is?

Malloy
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/Schaub.jpg

Schaub aka 'Young guns'

DexmanC
10-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Don't tell me this is one of those threads that'll be 30 pages by the
end of the week!

GuerillaBlack
10-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Two late (hopefully #32 overall) 1st rounders isn't going to make or break a franchise.

Besides, I would rather win now while we have Schaub, AJ, Mario, Cushing, Ryans(next season), Foster, etc.

Five or six years from now half of those guys will be retired or playing somewhere else.

You think so? If the Texans resign them, they should all be playing and not retired.

Rey
10-18-2010, 04:08 PM

"Does [Schefter] really think that we would trade Nnamdi [Asomugha], Richard [Seymour], Rolando [McClain] or either of our running backs? You do that math on that one," the anonymous exec told Steve Corkran.

So just in case any teams out there are interested, let's be clear: The 31-year-old defensive tackle making $12.398 million on the 31st-ranked rush defense is not available. Carry on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...efters-report/

See the bolded part...

That is basically saying this: "yeah right" :rolleyes:

Double Barrel
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
If it sounds too good to be true.... :thinking:

HuttoKarl
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Let's get Champ Bailey instead....or both.

fiasco west
10-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I dont like the way this is playing out...

If we make a trade like this, in desperation, we are likely going to get fleeced.

We traded 2 2nd round picks for our franchise quarterback and people thought that was a high price.

We might have to give up a lot more for a proven commodity, lockdown CB

I'd say the Matt Schaub trade worked out...and Matt was not even a sure thing.

I don't see trading a couple of 1-3 round picks as selling away our future. I see it as "We are ready to win now." If we are superbowl contenders the next two years because of those trades it'd be worth it, definitely.

Mr teX
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
If this happens....................i might pee myself with excitement :kingkong::kingkong:

Rey
10-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Let's get Champ Bailey instead....or both.

I've heard that Champ is probably more available than Aso...

He'd probably be cheaper too...

Rey
Richard Seymour and Champ Bailey would be kinda nice...

HuttoKarl

And honestly...he's not really any downgrade either.

Texecutioner
10-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Lol! at the people that are talking about how we need the picks and we'd stink for 5 years if we traded away a first round pick. Talk about some poor logic there.

When you can get a proven stud commodity at CB you trade your first round pick no problem. You know how many guys end up as busts at CB that are 1st round picks? Those guys are extremely hard to find. This would be a no brainer.

I'm not expecting it to happen though. Rick Smith has never shown an aggressive side to pull off a deal like this. If it were Morey, it would have already been done and it we'd probably have robbed the Raiders blind.

TEXANS84
10-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Raiders must think we have sucker written on our foreheads after that Phillip Buchanan trade...

But I would do the deal for a 1st next year and a 2nd the following...no way would I do two first round picks.

JB
10-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Raiders must think we have sucker written on our foreheads after that Phillip Buchanan trade...

But I would do the deal for a 1st next year and a 2nd the following...no way would I do two first round picks.

And hope like hell you can get him to sign a restructured contract.

GuerillaBlack
10-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Richard Seymour and Champ Bailey would be kinda nice...

I just heard this on the radio, too. I'd rather have Aso, as he is just now entering his prime, plus we'd be guaranteed to have him longer term. Yeah, the contract is kinda big, but Aso brings in some leadership (for Kareem and Quin) and a lot of respect from opposing QBs. I think he could be had for a 1st this year and 2nd next year. Then, maybe Albert Haynesworth. Would the Redskins take that trade for a 4th round pick this year and Slaton? Plus, the Redskins have already paid the hefty part of Haynesworth's contract.

Carr Bombed
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
This should end the "what about the future" argument....

WHAT ABOUT ANDRE JOHNSON!

We owe it to that man to do everything humanly possible to get him to the postseason. He put us on the map, he laid the bricks, and he helped make us what we are today. You build the team around Andre Johnson's prime.....and he isn't getting any younger.

We have major holes and we just lost the leader of our defense to IR......if they're serious about winning this season, they better pick up the phone and try to make a deal with someone.

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
If it sounds too good to be true.... :thinking:

I agree.

Kubiak has stated several times, that he made the decision to go young, in the secondary, and we'll go forward with the guys we have. I think Quin is playing very well, & still don't believe Kj is as bad as the message board & ESPN analyst would have you believe.

Our pass defense problem is not at the CB position. If we're talking about Huff (although I question his desire to tackle) I could believe it. If we were talking about Seymour, I could believe it.

I understand the thinking, get Asomougha & shut down half the field, yet they allow a receiver to go for 200 yards. As bad as we are, we haven't done that.

Rolando McClain.... I can believe.

hookinreds
10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/28/sports/28morey.1.600.jpg

Rey
10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I just heard this on the radio, too. I'd rather have Aso, as he is just now entering his prime, plus we'd be guaranteed to have him longer term. Yeah, the contract is kinda big, but Aso brings in some leadership (for Kareem and Quin) and a lot of respect from opposing QBs. I think he could be had for a 1st this year and 2nd next year. Then, maybe Albert Haynesworth. Would the Redskins take that trade for a 4th round pick this year and Slaton? Plus, the Redskins have already paid the hefty part of Haynesworth's contract.

I'd rather have Aso too, but if we can get Bailey for something stupid cheap I think I'd have to seriously consider that.

If I were Smith I'd at least use that as something to threaten the Raiders with.

And as far as Haynesworth....I dunno...

That dude has problems...

I wanted him initially, but thinking about it more, I'm not sure...

I think he'd come in and be motivated, but for how long? And what kind of baggage would he bring with him? Would he become a distraction? Would he even be playing anytime soon?

Texecutioner
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM

Agreed. Aso is a premier player at this position. If you can get a guy like that it's worth it. He's a stud with no question marks at all. He's much better than Champ or Seymour at his position.

Rey
10-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Our pass defense problem is not at the CB position.

Brice McCain is bad.

His zone coverage is awful.

He did the same thing yesterday that he did against the cowboys. He loves to cover air.

Porky
10-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Lol! at the people that are talking about how we need the picks and we'd stink for 5 years if we traded away a first round pick. Talk about some poor logic there.

When you can get a proven stud commodity at CB you trade your first round pick no problem. You know how many guys end up as busts at CB that are 1st round picks? Those guys are extremely hard to find. This would be a no brainer.

I'm not expecting it to happen though. Rick Smith has never shown an aggressive side to pull off a deal like this. If it were Morey, it would have already been done and it we'd probably have robbed the Raiders blind.

I know one. :choke:

Champ would be great, Aso even better. For Aso, I'm willing to give up #1's if I have to as long as he gets tied up long term.

Buffi2
10-18-2010, 04:26 PM
By tomorrow at 3:00 we should all know just how much Bob wants to get to the playoffs. I'm watching the game again and I'm here to tell you that not even Vince Lombardi could get these CBs playoff ready

I'd trade some players, give away a draft pick or 2 if I were an owner who wanted to take this team to a playoff game or SB. Whatever it takes. If he and Smith don't do something - we are pretty much staying at home come January.

BIG TORO
Agreed. Aso is a premier player at this position. If you can get a guy like that it's worth it. He's a stud with no question marks at all. He's much better than Champ or Seymour at his position.

Also I think someone like Aso could help someone like KJ become an awsome player.

Ranger Tom
If Kareem Jackson has potential, nothing will bring it out like learning from both Andre Johnson and Nnamdi Asomugha. Seriously, can you think of a better pair of mentors for a cornerback (or receiver)?

(Edit: Goodness, this thing's moving as fast as a gameday thread.)

Texecutioner
10-18-2010, 04:28 PM

Dude how silly is this?? Not bashing you or anything, but how does a thread about Aso becoming available somehow end up with multiple posts mentioning Morey and a picture of him as well and he's got nothing to do with the Texans or the NFL? :spit:

It's just crazy, but in a good and funny way. Boy do I wish Morey could somehow be involved with this.

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Brice McCain is bad.

He did the same thing yesterday that he did against the cowboys. He loves to cover air.

I agree, I believe if McManis wasn't hurt, we would have seen more of him.

I like the idea of getting Aso or Champ, but I think that is about as likely as us getting Flowers.

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 04:31 PM
The possibility that we are talking with the Raiders and Aso's team is a step in the right direction. Ain't getting my hopes up for an acquisition, but the FO better be talking because this staff has no answers for the defensive side of the ball.

TexansSeminole
10-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I like it depending on what we give up but is this really what we need? Yea it's an upgrade but I am still not convinced that our corners are more of a problem than our safeties in coverage. Doesn't really matter how good your corners are if your safeties are constantly blowing assignments.

Just putting the other side out there a little bit. Hard to argue against Nnamdi though.

Maddict5
10-18-2010, 04:33 PM
not buying it

Carr Bombed
Dude how silly is this?? Not bashing you or anything, but how does a thread about Aso becoming available somehow end up with multiple posts mentioning Morey and a picture of him as well and he's got nothing to do with the Texans or the NFL? :spit:

It's just crazy, but in a good and funny way. Boy do I wish Morey could somehow be involved with this.

Morey is god...

I'd love to see how his "Sports Analytics" would work in the NFL. With Morey we could trade all our 1-4 round picks, because Morey would draft HOFers in the 7th round :)

utahmark

your right.... no way i would go after asomugha if we have to give up a couple of players the caliber of kareem jackson and amobi okoye.:thinking:.... on second thought two first rounders don't seem like that much.

fiasco west
I'd rather have Aso too, but if we can get Bailey for something stupid cheap I think I'd have to seriously consider that.

If I were Smith I'd at least use that as something to threaten the Raiders with.

And as far as Haynesworth....I dunno...

That dude has problems...

I wanted him initially, but thinking about it more, I'm not sure...

I think he'd come in and be motivated, but for how long? And what kind of baggage would he bring with him? Would he become a distraction? Would he even be playing anytime soon?

I think Haynesworth would be motivated for this year at least. He'd get to see his old buddies back in the AFC South.

Whatever happens to Haynesworth, I am just praying he doesn't go to the Titans or else we will have to worry about his fat *** falling on our QB again.

Which reminds me. I wonder if Haynesworth has taken back some of those things he said about Schaub...

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Have him muted on a 3 way with OAK using his formulas from MIT to keep us on the winning side of compensation and just use Rick Smith as the mouth piece....

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Bundle Leinart with K. Jackson, there are your two number ones.

jaayteetx
your right.... no way i would go after asomugha if we have to give up a couple of players the caliber of kareem jackson and amobi okoye.:thinking:.... on second thought two first rounders don't seem like that much.

what about players the caliber of Andre Johnson and Mario Williams?

BSofA04
This isn't funny. Don't joke like this Schefter.....having a shutdown corner like Nnamdi would be too good to be true.

brakos82
Which reminds me. I wonder if Haynesworth has taken back some of those things he said about Schaub...

Considering he is in Schaub's college territory.... :thinking:

False Start
10-18-2010, 04:39 PM
While I would love for this to happen if the team didn't have to give up too much, I just don't think its happening.

houstonspartan
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM

You can't be serious.

We have been "planning for the future" for 9 years. Screw planning for six years from now, I want NOW.

utahmark
10-18-2010, 04:41 PM
what about players the caliber of Andre Johnson and Mario Williams?

hopefully we are not picking number 1 and 3 overall in the next couple of years.

hookinreds
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Ha! Becuase with Morey, all things are possible.

FirstTexansFan
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Kubiak just stated in his live presser that they won't be chasing a veteran CB, they are sticking with the young guys... sorry, it was live, no link.

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Bundle Leinart with K. Jackson, there are your two number ones.

I forgot about Lienart. Matt & Slaton(though I don't want to trade Slato, since we'll probably be needing a third running back sooner or later), or Lienart & JJ...

I wonder if the Broncos would be interested in Lienart & JJ. Or Kansas City. Or, San Francisco.

What about Lienart & Amobi for Aso?

Rey
10-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I agree, I believe if McManis wasn't hurt, we would have seen more of him.

I like the idea of getting Aso or Champ, but I think that is about as likely as us getting Flowers.

Kubiak is on the radio now, pretty much confirming what you've said...

"We're not going to go chasing some veteran guy...We're going to stick with what we got"...

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Kubiak just stated in his live presser that they won't be chasing a veteran CB, they are sticking with the young guys... sorry, it was live, no link.

:wadepalm:

:gun:

Why the effing eff am I not surprised!!!!

:facepalm:

(*^&$#$#@&$%$^*I()_*(

Texecutioner
10-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Ha! Becuase with Morey, all things are possible.

That's because he's a genie. :fortune:

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I would also like to add (if we are really not doing anything at all per Kubes)

:choke:

fiasco west
10-18-2010, 04:46 PM

:nolisten:

Say it aint so?? Honestly these guys cannot believe what they have now are going to magically just get it in the middle of the season..

Texecutioner
10-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Why the effing eff am I not surprised!!!!

(*^&$#$#@&$%$^*I()_*(

The life of an adminastration ran by Rick Smith.

No need to get all cranky now, we have the NFL draft every year where we can keep bringing young players to our team.

Double Barrel
10-18-2010, 04:47 PM

Phillip Buchanan looked good last night against the Colts. His play last night would be a significant upgrade over what we currently have on the roster.

I agree.

Kubiak has stated several times, that he made the decision to go young, in the secondary, and we'll go forward with the guys we have. I think Quin is playing very well, & still don't believe Kj is as bad as the message board & ESPN analyst would have you believe.

Our pass defense problem is not at the CB position. If we're talking about Huff (although I question his desire to tackle) I could believe it. If we were talking about Seymour, I could believe it.

I understand the thinking, get Asomougha & shut down half the field, yet they allow a receiver to go for 200 yards. As bad as we are, we haven't done that.

Rolando McClain.... I can believe.

I tend to agree with you, not necessarily about our secondary (which I think is horrible), but that the overall defense works in tandem with each other. If we do not have a valid and consistent pass rush, then no amount of talent in the backfield can cover all day.

KJ's potential in the long run is positive, but he lacks experience and the coaches don't trust him. He's playing soft to cover for his lack of experience, but like you, I think he'll be a good CB down the road. We obviously just have to deal with this season first, though.

wagonhed
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
lol.

Nnamdi probably would have done poorly in this terrible excuse for a defensive scheme we run anyway.

Dash
10-18-2010, 04:52 PM

I was listening in to the presser too. Before that he did say that he and Rick are looking at all options right now even trades.

Brando
10-18-2010, 04:53 PM

While it maybe true, don't ever believe anything from a coach. Besides I have to have a little hope that we are trying to improve the defense.:nolisten:

Goatcheese
I don't care what Kube's think about his kids. Rick Smith had better get his ass on the phone and not hang up until he's done everything he could to improve this team.

If it doesn't work then fine. You tried. But if you're going to stand there and tell me that we're good with what we have... then you can go to hell and I'll be sporting pink "Fire Smith" soap.

HTown2ATX
And this is why Les Alexander and Daryl Morey IMO are the best tandem in Houston as far as a sports FO. They at least do what they can to win at all costs and are suave enough to not give up too much in doing it AND recognize when they HAVE to make a move.

They are probably mocking the Texans right now......

F-A-I-L

Rey
10-18-2010, 04:54 PM
I was listening in to the presser too. Before that he did say that he and Rick are looking at all options right now even trades.

That was in reference to the LB position...

When asked specifically about the DB's he said they weren't gonna chase veterans and were gonna stick with what they had...

I hope that was just a smoke screen though...

If other teams know you are chasing, they may decide to run a little faster...

Mr. Texan
10-18-2010, 04:55 PM

Ole Miss Texan
10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Boy that sure would make things exciting wouldn't it!?! I'd love to trade for Asomugha but it'd be really expenses. Both salary and cost to acquire. He and Andre are supposedly close friends too.

I'm pretty sure whoever we would get (if anybody), the pay would be pro rata for the remaining games. So, for instance, Seymour's $12.4M would be closer to $7.75M for the remaining year. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

As far as Nnamdi goes... I think he's making a little over $1M per game this season. Not sure which teams would be required to pay any roster/option bonuses or how they'd be structured, but that's the majority of his pay. He could potentially become a Free Agent after this season if the Raiders elect not to pay him almost $17M (or more) for next year.

Errant Hothy
10-18-2010, 04:57 PM
If Asomugha becomes a Texan I'll change my username and avatar to whatever the most wacked out posters here can come up with.

brakos82
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
If Asomugha becomes a Texan I'll change my username and avatar to whatever the most wacked out posters here can come up with.

:thinking:

houstonspartan
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
And this is why Les Alexander and Daryl Morey IMO are the best tandem in Houston as far as a sports FO. They at least do what they can to win at all costs and are suave enough to not give up too much in doing it AND recognize when they HAVE to make a move.

They are probably mocking the Texans right now......

F-A-I-L

lol. Good point. The Rockets would bring in the Devil himself if it would help them win. And, they wouldn't give up too much to get him and would dare him to ask for too much money, and STILL sign him anyway. lol. Very well-run team, the Rockets.

Dash
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM

When asked specifically about the DB's he said they weren't gonna chase veterans and were gonna stick with what they had...

Likely a smokescreen. I never believe what a coach and/or what the front office has to say about trades during the deadline. The Kevin Martin and New York deals to the Rockets are perfect examples of this. While they are different sports, the politics are about the same.

fiasco west
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM

That's what i'm hoping....praying... I mean afterall he's the coach so he's trying not to put down his players in the media.

Saying you're going after a veteran CB basically tells the guys on the team that they suck and they are going to be replaced. Something Kubiak wouldn't do.

VTexan
10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Don't be surprised that we don't go after a legit player that would bring us a lot of publicity and improve our defense. We much rather spend countless of #1 picks on defensive players that never pan out.

Exception is Mario obviously but he is the most inconsistent "dominant" player I have ever seen.

FirstTexansFan
10-18-2010, 05:07 PM

While it maybe true, don't ever believe anything from a coach. Besides I have to have a little hope that we are trying to improve the defense.

I'd like to be that optimistic, and I don't fault you guys for being so. Lets hope it's coachspeak, and a miracle occurs :)

Thorn
10-18-2010, 05:08 PM
If anything is done, other than trying to get the banged up players healthy over the bye week, I'll be surprised. I'm not expecting anything, so when nothing happens, I won't be disappointed.

Rey
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Don't be surprised that we don't go after a legit player that would bring us a lot of publicity and improve our defense. We much rather spend countless of #1 picks on defensive players that never pan out.

Exception is Mario obviously but he is the most inconsistent "dominant" player I have ever seen.

The thing about trading a #1 is that if you are picking in the twenties somewhere then it shouldn't be as big a pick if you are in the top ten...

Don't get me wrong, there have been vvlenty of first round picks after #10 that have done great things, but I don't view it as trading a Mario or Andre...I look at it as trading a Jackson or Duane Brown...

Even Cushing was a 15 overall...Hopefully we won't even be picking that high...

VTexan
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
The thing about trading a #1 is that if you are picking in the twenties somewhere then it shouldn't be as big a pick if you are in the top ten...

Don't get me wrong, there have been vvlenty of first round picks after #10 that have done great things, but I don't view it as trading a Mario or Andre...I look at it as trading a Jackson or Duane Brown...

Even Cushing was a 15 overall...Hopefully we won't even be picking that high...

I wasn't saying that we shouldn't trade our number 1's for Aso because they are important, I was taking a shot at our history of drafting defensive players in the first round.

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 05:18 PM

I have no doubt Rick Smith is doing his job. But I seriously doubt we are looking at CBs

ArlingtonTexan
10-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Don't be surprised that we don't go after a legit player that would bring us a lot of publicity and improve our defense. We much rather spend countless of #1 picks on defensive players that never pan out. Exception is Mario obviously but he is the most inconsistent "dominant" player I have ever seen.

Surprised is mild compared to my actual feeling if they get some dude who has a track record of excellence. Those trades don't happen much in the NFL and the Texans don't have a histroy of that sort of aggressiveness.

Goatcheese
10-18-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqm9oBRDsY

I see a lot of this going on tomorrow.

beerlover
10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Phillip Buchanan looked good last night against the Colts. His play last night would be a significant upgrade over what we currently have on the roster.

I tend to agree with you, not necessarily about our secondary (which I think is horrible), but that the overall defense works in tandem with each other. If we do not have a valid and consistent pass rush, then no amount of talent in the backfield can cover all day.

KJ's potential in the long run is positive, but he lacks experience and the coaches don't trust him. He's playing soft to cover for his lack of experience, but like you, I think he'll be a good CB down the road. We obviously just have to deal with this season first, though.

would like to piggy back those comments: Are circumstances much different than when they traded with Oakland for PBuc? he sucked & it cost Texans a solid 2nd & 3rd round pick. While Phillip Buchanan is no Nnamdi unless the Texans where closer to a true robust contender & only a player away (they are not without DeMeco/Barwin) no thanks, doubt that fits Rick Smith profile to build thru draft, unless they feel as Capers/Casserly must have when their jobs were on the line.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Lol. At home in between jobs about to get some dinner real quick and still just imagining it even being possible that the Texans would try to upgrade ANY position outside of CB.

Do we have other needs to fill.,...yes. But seriously this effing secondary is a steaming pile of donkey shit. Beyond that even. Epic fail if they don't even TRY to make a move.

Logo comparison;

NBA - Where amazing happens

Houston Texans - Where status quo lives.

(of course I would love to see them make a move and prove me wrong and the only reason I am ticked and think they won't is Kubes saying they won't so really hoping this is all a smoke screen!!!)

Rey
10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I wasn't saying that we shouldn't trade our number 1's for Aso because they are important, I was taking a shot at our history of drafting defensive players in the first round.

I know...

I was agreeing with you.

False Start
10-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I think this is the Texans radar:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7393/patrington1972old11.jpg

;)

Texecutioner
10-18-2010, 05:36 PM
This shouldn't be that bad of a disappointment. It didn't seem like anyone was really that optimistic about this happening in the first place. The Texans simply don't do deals like this.

This is a deal that only the ROckets would have tried to do.

dalemurphy
Lol. At home in between jobs about to get some dinner real quick and still just imagining it even being possible that the Texans would try to upgrade ANY position outside of CB.

Do we have other needs to fill.,...yes. But seriously this effing secondary is a steaming pile of donkey shit. Beyond that even. Epic fail if they don't even TRY to make a move.

Logo comparison;

NBA - Where amazing happens

Houston Texans - Where status quo lives.

(of course I would love to see them make a move and prove me wrong and the only reason I am ticked and think they won't is Kubes saying they won't so really hoping this is all a smoke screen!!!)

I just re-watched the game and the LBs and Safeties make the CBs look like All-pros out there. Pollard, Diles, and Nixon were putrid!! Apparently, Eugene Wilson did some great work off of the TV screen (only picked up on coaches film) because he was horrendous based on what I could see.. but Kubiak actually praised him in the presser.

PockyAF
Per ESPN Insider:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042009/1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

JB
10-18-2010, 05:50 PM
I just re-watched the game and the LBs and Safeties make the CBs look like All-pros out there. Pollard, Diles, and Nixon were putrid!! Apparently, Eugene Wilson did some great work off of the TV screen (only picked up on coaches film) because he was horrendous based on what I could see.. but Kubiak actually praised him in the presser.

Wilson did have the one nice play that I saw...

False Start
10-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Wilson did have the one nice play that I saw...

Now hes up to 1 for the season. :rake:

Stemp
10-18-2010, 05:55 PM
UPDATE: The Oakland Raiders' Twitter feed didn't provide the response to a report from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that any Raider was available via trade (see below), but an anonymous executive did provide a quote for Steve Corkran of the Contra Costa Times (H/T to Gregg Rosenthal of Pro Football Talk).

"Does [Schefter] really think that we would trade Nnamdi [Asomugha], Richard [Seymour], Rolando [McClain] or either of our running backs? You do the math on that one," the Raiders exec said. Rosenthal obliged: "The 31-year-old defensive tackle making $12.398 million on the 31st-ranked rush defense is not available. Carry on."

---

Sunday, Schefter reported that the Raiders have informed other teams that any player on their roster is available via trade. The Raiders' official Twitter feed has yet to vigorously deny these rumors.

While ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson hasn't heard anything further on this development, he does admit that trading star cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha wouldn't be the worst idea if the Raiders can get market value in return. The Raiders are without their first-round pick in the 2011 draft thanks to their acquisition of Richard Seymour prior to the 2009 season.

While Asomugha is talented, the drawback for any team acquiring him is his albatross of a contract. He's being paid over $16 million for his efforts in 2010, and his contract calls for him to be paid the franchise tag number for QBs in 2011 or $16.875 million, whichever is greater. Tough to see anyone taking that one off the Raiders' hands despite the CB's talent.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

TexCanada
10-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Pull the trigger Smithiak. A 2011 first and a 2012 3rd. DB is obviously a huge hole for us, and we will likely spend a top pick on it next draft anyway. Do it!

Hervoyel
10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
hope Texans do not trade future picks, uncertain times I think a single one is about the best case scenero :texflag:

Now is one of the few times that trading picks makes sense. We're young at almost every spot and can afford to send picks to someone for a proven player to fill a gap. What are you planning on rebuilding in perpetuity? At some point adding another rookie to the starting lineup and wiating for him to get up to NFL speed is less desirable than adding a player who can already do the job.

Kulluminatii
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I remember reading an article a while back which stated Fitzgerald was unhappy in Arizona and now I'm reading that Arizona is open to trading him. You guys think its possible a straight up trade of Aso & Fitz could happen? I would rather get some draft picks, but an elite WR is an elite WR...and we need someone who can catch desperately.

Ugh, I can't wait until Tuesday...this stuff is killing me! :choke:

Ole Miss Texan
10-18-2010, 06:13 PM
I remember reading an article a while back which stated Fitzgerald was unhappy in Arizona and now I'm reading that Arizona is open to trading him. You guys think its possible a straight up trade of Aso & Fitz could happen? I would rather get some draft picks, but an elite WR is an elite WR...and we need someone who can catch desperately.

Ugh, I can't wait until Tuesday...this stuff is killing me! :choke:

That would be interesting. But would you really want the 2nd best WR in the NFL? :stirspot: only kidding! I don't know why but I really want Leinart to play for Oakland or San Fran - maybe its a get back to Cali thing.

Trade Aso for Fitz. Then trade Michael Bush and a conditional draft pick to us for Leinart and Slaton.

Leinart/Gradkowski, McFadden, Slaton, Miller, Fitzgerald.

We'd have RBs of Foster, Bush and Ward. :ant:

midway
10-18-2010, 06:13 PM
I have no problems with the Texans trading away draft picks to get someone proven. After all, Gary and Rick have proven to be at best sub-par with their drafting. If Gary was great at drafting and didn't keep getting us busts I might be more attached to those picks.

JB
10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I have no problems with the Texans trading away draft picks to get someone proven. After all, Gary and Rick have proven to be at best sub-par with their drafting. If Gary was great at drafting and didn't keep getting us busts I might be more attached to those picks.

Sub-par with their drafting? Really? Wth do you expect? A Pro-bowler with every pick?

I don't think you have a clue. Sorry.

Ben Frank
10-18-2010, 06:18 PM
If we could get Asomugha.. I would give up a 1st and 3rd round pick and wouldn't think twice about it..

Then maybe denver would give up Champ for a 4th.. i heard he's not happy there either..

so the draft would leave us with a 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th.. and with with the 2nd I would take the best ballhawkin safety available

DexmanC
10-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Sub-par with their drafting? Really? Wth do you expect? A Pro-bowler with every pick?

If you're not gonna get a prowbowler in every draft, especially in the
high rounds, then you'd better hit on free agents. Ever since Ahman
Green, they've been afraid to go after a "big name" free agent. It's been
pure "street" free agents ever since.

Kulluminatii
10-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Trade Aso for Fitz. Then trade Michael Bush and a conditional draft pick to us for Leinart and Slaton.

Leinart/Gradkowski, McFadden, Slaton, Miller, Fitzgerald.

We'd have RBs of Foster, Bush and Ward. :ant:

I don't see us trading away Bush for Leinart & Slaton. We got DMac finally playing like we expected him to when we drafted him a few years ago, and Bush has been playing great for quite some time now. We are pretty much set at RB. And we already got our fair share of 1st round QB busts in Campbell and Boller on our roster, I'm hoping Al isn't crazy enough to add another :fingergun:.

J_R
10-18-2010, 06:30 PM
fwiw

Gary Kubiak on his weekly show:

[Caller]: Would we give up a 1st for the Raiders CB?

GK: Doubt you'll see anything like that happen. I dont think he's going anywhere. History tells me you gotta solve problems in house. Obviously we look around. We gotta work though with the guys we got.

Ole Miss Texan
10-18-2010, 06:37 PM
fwiw

GK (thinking): Well golly, ya know John [McClain]... that kid out there in Oakland is probably the best corner in the league. Would we give up a 1st for him? Sure, there's not a doubt in my mind. I think in this league and the position we're currently in, you'd be a fool not to. Ya know Bob [Allen], we've been in contact with them out there and are trying to finalize something as we speak but it's gonna take more than a 1st I can assure you that. I feel confident Rick [Smith] will get something done here within the next day or so. In the meantime we're gonna be out there practicing as hard as ever, trying to get this secondary and linebacker problem fixed. Nnamdi sure is gonna help once he flys in here and gets settled. We've got the bye week for him and his teammates to get comfortable with each other and then we'll all be out there against Indy at full force.

Fixed. This is what he was thinking and about to say.... :)

MannyFresh
10-18-2010, 06:38 PM
fwiw

GK: Doubt you'll see anything like that happen. I dont think he's going anywhere. History tells me you gotta solve problems in house. Obviously we look around. We gotta work though with the guys we got.

LOL...history tell you that ****** has never worked cept make ya 8-8 and big whooptie 9-7...

infantrycak
10-18-2010, 06:56 PM
If you're not gonna get a prowbowler in every draft, especially in the
high rounds, then you'd better hit on free agents. Ever since Ahman
Green, they've been afraid to go after a "big name" free agent. It's been
pure "street" free agents ever since.

BS. Antonio Smith was a top ranked FA that off-season and much higher rated than Ahman Green when he was brought in. And he has played very well. They made a play for the top ranked CB this off-season.

Double Barrel
10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
fwiw

"Houston, we have a problem..." :wadepalm:

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
fwiw

In house?? With these DB's?? :lol:

Man Kubes, I don't have pink soap and have never advocated you being fired, but if we miss the playoffs due to the swirling turds in the secondary and you HAD ANY opportunity to upgrade that via trade and you and RS passed, you have only yourself to blame for the 10 story flames BBQ'ing your seat at that point.

Maybe the DB's were not walking corpses the last game....yay. That makes 1 out of 6 games and Cassell STILL looked like Joe Montana....FAIL

Mr. Texan
10-18-2010, 07:01 PM
fwiw

:dontknowa

infantrycak
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM

but if we miss the playoffs due to the swirling turds in the secondary and you HAD ANY opportunity to upgrade that via trade and you and RS passed, you have only yourself to blame for the 10 story flames BBQ'ing your seat at that point.

Thing is (a) we will never find out about 95% of the conversations and offers Rick Smith has about trades and (b) yes there is such a thing as paying too much. I'd give up a 1st for Nnamdi but if Davis' dementia kicks in and he wants a Herschel Walker trade then Smith should hang up the phone and it wouldn't be any reflection on Smith's willingness to try to make something happen.

J_R
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Haha, just posting what he said. Dont shoot the messenger! BTW, just finished typing up the his show. About to go post in the Press conference thread if you wish to see what he said, although you probably dont.

False Start
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM

Man Kubes, I don't have pink soap and have never advocated you being fired, but if we miss the playoffs due to the swirling turds in the secondary and you HAD ANY opportunity to upgrade that via trade and you and RS passed, you have only yourself to blame for the 10 story flames BBQ'ing your seat at that point.

Maybe the DB's were not walking corpses the last game....yay. That makes 1 out of 6 games and Cassell STILL looked like Joe Montana....FAIL

Yep. You could hear him exhale every time a caller would ask a question he was uncomfortable with. :kitten:

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Now is one of the few times that trading picks makes sense. We're young at almost every spot and can afford to send picks to someone for a proven player to fill a gap. What are you planning on rebuilding in perpetuity? At some point adding another rookie to the starting lineup and wiating for him to get up to NFL speed is less desirable than adding a player who can already do the job.

BS. Antonio Smith was a top ranked FA that off-season and much higher rated than Ahman Green when he was brought in. And he has played very well. They made a play for the top ranked CB this off-season.

Didn't we get a knew starter for our offensive line who is also playing very well.

MojoX
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
fwiw

Wow. You guys interpret things in the most negative way possible. I thought the coach was just saying that of course they are looking at Aso, or any other trade deals, but, in the NFL, those deals don't happen so often. So instead of hinging all their hopes on a trade, the team is focused on making due with what they have right now.

Sounds reasonable to me. Try to make a trade, but be realistic about it and know you have to find a way to coach up what you've got.

ChampionTexan
10-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow. You guys interpret things in the most negative way possible. I thought the coach was just saying that of course they are looking at Aso, or any other trade deals, but, in the NFL, those deals don't happen so often. So instead of hinging all their hopes on a trade, the team is focused on making due with what they have right now.

Sounds reasonable to me. Try to make a trade, but be realistic about it and know you have to find a way to coach up what you've got.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure he meant the swirling turds thing!:ant:

dalemurphy
10-18-2010, 07:18 PM

I think Quin has been fine and so has McCain, frankly. Though Jackson has clearly struggled, I think the biggest issue with the pass defense are the LBs and the safeties. We are working on some video from the KC game... more of the same from the LBs and Pollard: here's video of the poor coverage from the NYG game (http://www.texansbullblog.com/wrong-secondary-nyg-lot/featured-articles/film-study/).

Despite the poor coverage again vs. KC, the Chiefs are lucky to score 17 points if the team tackles well.

JB
10-18-2010, 07:23 PM
I think Quin has been fine and so has McCain, frankly. Though Jackson has clearly struggled, I think the biggest issue with the pass defense are the LBs and the safeties. We are working on some video from the KC game... more of the same from the LBs and Pollard: here's video of the poor coverage from the NYG game (http://www.texansbullblog.com/wrong-secondary-nyg-lot/featured-articles/film-study/).

Despite the poor coverage again vs. KC, the Chiefs are lucky to score 17 points if the team tackles well.

Normally I would agree... but McCain has sucked big time. It's like he forgets if he is playing man or zone.

dalemurphy
10-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Normally I would agree... but McCain has sucked big time. It's like he forgets if he is playing man or zone.

This is a perfect example of what I think is the misperception. Other than the Cowboy game, when the Cowboys successfully exploited his lack of size, I think his coverage has been very good.

However, when you look at the Nicks TD, for instance and the Bowe red zone TD pass, he is playing his zone responsibilities but Pollard fails to maintain his. On the Nicks TD, Pollard totally vacated his Cover 2 responsibilities to get the RB in the flat, which was Cushing's responsibility. In the KC game, it was a strong Cassel throw and Pollard's tardiness to the spot allowed the completion.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Yeah............

Here is what I was complaining about.

fwiw

Highlighted, Underlined and Italicized for easy reading. ;)

I get the feeling that "look around" in this case and knowing the current history of taking immediate action to fill holes via Free Agency means nothing more than calling the Raiders and holding the phone up to the toilet as they flush it and hang up snickering. But hey, they called at least.....lol

MojoX
10-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah............

Here is what I was complaining about.

Highlighted, Underlined and Italicized for easy reading. ;)

I get the feeling that "look around" in this case and knowing the current history of taking immediate action to fill holes via Free Agency means nothing more than calling the Raiders and holding the phone up to the toilet as they flush it and hang up snickering. But hey, they called at least.....lol
Read the transcript in the Press Conference thread. Expert reading comprehension skills not needed. What do you guys really expect the guy to say publicly? And how many coaches do?

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Read the transcript in the Press Conference thread. Expert reading comprehension skills not needed. What do you guys really expect the guy to say publicly? And how many coaches do?

Lol...damn man....I wasn't even trying to attack you....just pointing out what I was bitching about. Didn't mean to throw sand in you....

I'll hop over to that thread and check that out but Ima scrurred of da readin ahyuck....:kitten:

MojoX
10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Lol...damn man....I wasn't even trying to attack you....just pointing out what I was bitching about. Didn't mean to throw sand in you....

I'll hop over to that thread and check that out but Ima scrurred of da readin ahyuck....:kitten:
Don't be scurred. Gettin' educatin' is your friend. :tiphat:

The transcriber even bolded the questions for easy reading....

SteveSlaton20
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, we DID pass on Cedric Benson 'cause we didn't want to hurt
Steve Slaton's feelings...

...no, *****.
he passed on us because he thought slaton would get most of the carries.

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
This is a perfect example of what I think is the misperception. Other than the Cowboy game, when the Cowboys successfully exploited his lack of size, I think his coverage has been very good.

However, when you look at the Nicks TD, for instance and the Bowe red zone TD pass, he is playing his zone responsibilities but Pollard fails to maintain his. On the Nicks TD, Pollard totally vacated his Cover 2 responsibilities to get the RB in the flat, which was Cushing's responsibility. In the KC game, it was a strong Cassel throw and Pollard's tardiness to the spot allowed the completion.

As many want to laud Cushing for his play (tackles), he has been missing more than his share of assignments in the past couple of weeks.

TheMatrix31
10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, at least I'll have something to pay attention to in the next 18 hours.

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
As many want to laud Cushing for his play (tackles), he has been missing more than his share of assignments in the past couple of weeks.

On that particular play, it wasn't that Brian missed his responsibility, but he was late getting over. When Pollard started down to cover him, he was wide open, but Cushing had started in that direction.

McCain was also over the top of the RB in the flat if he were to catch the ball, he wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Pollard didn't think about the WR coming into the end zone which of course was the more immediate threat.

DexmanC
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
...no, *****.
he passed on us because he thought slaton would get most of the carries.

because Kubiak wasn't clear to Benson, that he had a realistic shot at
taking Slaton's job.

Lucky
10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
And drop Darryl Morey a little $$ to be on a conference call as an "advisor" if you have to to keep from getting fleeced. :evil:
That might work if the Texans have a point guard stashed in Europe.

And honestly...he's not really any downgrade either.
Why do we, as fans, care who is cheaper? It's not as if we're getting a rebate if the Texans go under budget. And Nnambi >>>Champ.
Brice McCain is bad.

Yes. The entire secondary sucks. Guys are wide open all over the field.
Killjoy.

As KT said earlier, I also am without faith that the coaches will fix the defense over the bye week. So why not throw talent at the problem? It's not as if Nnamdi would suddenly cease to have value, if the Texans needed to deal him in the future.

Nawzer
10-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I doubt the Raiders trade Nnamdi and the asking price might be too high for the Texans liking. They have other corners and maybe we'll trade for one of those guys. I would be very pleasantly surprised if Nnamdi Asomugha is wearing a Texans jersey when we play the Colts.

Hervoyel
10-18-2010, 08:52 PM
fwiw

History tells me that when Gary Kubiak says he's going to solve a problem "in house" then I need to go get a Snickers bar.

"Not going anywhere for a while?"

LikeMike
10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Id be absolutely thrilled if we can get Asomugha... but I believe it when I see it. But a trade for a veteran corner might solve most of our questions.

Sure Pollard misses his assignment regularly, but when we can stop worrying about one half of the field, everything gets tighter on the other side. More time for the pass rush, more possibilites of creative blitzes (yeah right)... bringing in a guy like Asomugha would be huge. Ill keep my fingers crossed, but I don`t really think it will happen.

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Id be absolutely thrilled if we can get Asomugha... but I believe it when I see it. But a trade for a veteran corner might solve most of our questions.

Sure Pollard misses his assignment regularly, but when we can stop worrying about one half of the field, everything gets tighter on the other side. More time for the pass rush, more possibilites of creative blitzes (yeah right)... bringing in a guy like Asomugha would be huge. Ill keep my fingers crossed, but I don`t really think it will happen.

I wonder how Phillip rivers managed to throw for 496 yards on only half a field.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get Aso as well, I'd really much rather have Flowers. & unless we win a super bowl this year, I don't think we'll be able to get a player of that quality in free agency, so a trade will be the only way. But I just don't see it happening.

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
History tells me that when Gary Kubiak says he's going to solve a problem "in house" then I need to go get a Snickers bar.

"Not going anywhere for a while?"

And we beat the Chefs this weekend.

NitroGSXR
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I wonder how Phillip rivers managed to throw for 496 yards on only half a field.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get Aso as well, I'd really much rather have Flowers. & unless we win a super bowl this year, I don't think we'll be able to get a player of that quality in free agency, so a trade will be the only way. But I just don't see it happening.

I like Flowers too. Have ever since I saw him on the vaunted VTech defenses... but... why are you talking about him as if he might be available? As far as we know there's an indirect report on Asomugha's availablity. Nothing at all for Flowers. Is there somethng I might have missed?

Then again the Chiefs did waive Pollard.

midway
10-18-2010, 10:03 PM

No, I don't expect pro-bowlers, but I expect them to at least be starters.

JB
10-18-2010, 10:05 PM
No, I don't expect pro-bowlers, but I expect them to at least be starters.

Most draft picks are not startes their first year, usually not their first two. Lots never start.

NitroGSXR
10-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Most draft picks are not startes their first year, usually not their first two. Lots never start.
Well they do when a team gets retooled like the Texans. We've gotten used to routonely putting 7th rounders into the lineup. It is the days of cutting 5-6-7 rounders that I long for.

JB
10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Well they do when a team gets retooled like the Texans. We've gotten used to routonely putting 7th rounders into the lineup. It is the days of cutting 5-6-7 rounders that I long for.

That is kinda what I was saying. I was talking league average. A good team, rarely does even a 1st rounder start.

NitroGSXR
10-18-2010, 10:37 PM
That is kinda what I was saying. I was talking league average. A good team, rarely does even a 1st rounder start.

So you admitting we're not a good team? I say that because we still have Dickerson, Shelley Smith, and even Trindon Holliday on our roster to a degree. We don't cut draft picks. We routinely drop vets and provens for picks. Ugh.

JB
10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
So you admitting we're not a good team? I say that because we still have Dickerson, Shelley Smith, and even Trindon Holliday on our roster to a degree. We don't cut draft picks. We routinely drop vets and provens for picks. Ugh.

We're getting there. Hopefully we are real close to drafting consistently int the late 20's and 30's....:D

Blazin' Toro
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
1. Asomugha

2. Quin Jr.

3. Jackson

4. McCain

I'll take it.

cuppacoffee
10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
All this reference to the Rockets shrewdness.

I don't like basketball so I don't really follow it.

Did the Rockets win something last year?

:coffee:

stingray
10-18-2010, 10:54 PM
All this reference to the Rockets shrewdness.

I don't like basketball so I don't really follow it.

Did the Rockets win something last year?

No.. But Morey got several draft picks for the deadbeat McGrady. They have the Knicks first round pick this year and next year. They raped the knicks on the trade.

He also hit on Brooks and Landry. They werent top picks. And in the NBA, it's exremely hard to hit on a player that is not picked in the top 10.

Big Lou
10-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Can I order a jersey yet????????????

Rey
10-18-2010, 10:55 PM

Dale, DB's are not supposed to cover air..

I agree that on the Giants TD that Pollard should have been there, but McCain didn't do his job either...His feel for zone defense is poor...

He did the same thing against KC, covered air...And that time, no one else was at fault...

If there is no other receiver threatening your zone, you squeeze the immediate receiver into the next person's zone...McCain doesn't seem to grasp that concept...He doesn't know how to pass the receiver off to the next person...

Either the coaching is extremely poor, or McCain just fails to 'get it'...

DexmanC
10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Did the Texans call "bust" on Moulden?

Big Lou
10-18-2010, 11:05 PM
This should end the "what about the future" argument....

WHAT ABOUT ANDRE JOHNSON!

We owe it to that man to do everything humanly possible to get him to the postseason. He put us on the map, he laid the bricks, and he helped make us what we are today. You build the team around Andre Johnson's prime.....and he isn't getting any younger.

We have major holes and we just lost the leader of our defense to IR......if they're serious about winning this season, they better pick up the phone and try to make a deal with someone.

Dud you are so right. Everytime we get in a funk, I see shades of Earl Campbell all over again, an amazing talent wasted in a futile effort.

AJ deserves the post season.

GuerillaBlack
10-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Dud you are so right. Everytime we get in a funk, I see shades of Earl Campbell all over again, an amazing talent wasted in a futile effort.

AJ deserves the post season.

At least Earl got to the postseason, just never got to the big game. Hopefully that's different with Johnson and we make it to the SB. But, we're going to need Kubiak, Smith, and McNair to grow a pair and make a trade.

Big Lou
10-18-2010, 11:23 PM
At least Earl got to the postseason, just never got to the big game. Hopefully that's different with Johnson and we make it to the SB. But, we're going to need Kubiak, Smith, and McNair to grow a pair and make a trade.

I say we get some pitchforks, torches, and molitof cocktails head down to Reliant and take some hostages until Rick meets our demands!!!!

We need to make this happen. Would 5,000 or so angry fans be able to get this going?????

Maybe we could put Uncle Bob's Kentucky Derby Horses head in his bed tonight and tell him he better make this deal or else we'll make him an offer he can't refuse.......

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I like Flowers too. Have ever since I saw him on the vaunted VTech defenses... but... why are you talking about him as if he might be available? As far as we know there's an indirect report on Asomugha's availablity. Nothing at all for Flowers. Is there somethng I might have missed?

Then again the Chiefs did waive Pollard.

If you think Asomugha is available, let's keep spinning this thing.

We should make an offer for Revis as well.

This years 1st & 3rd, plus next years 2nd & 5th.

Come on Rick, get'R done

brakos82
10-18-2010, 11:32 PM
I say we get some pitchforks, torches, and molitof cocktails head down to Reliant and take some hostages until Rick meets our demands!!!!

We need to make this happen. Would 5,000 or so angry fans be able to get this going?????

Maybe we could put Uncle Bob's Kentucky Derby Horses head in his bed tonight and tell him he better make this deal or else we'll make him an offer he can't refuse.......

That reminds me, we haven't played Mafia on here in a while.... :thinking:

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Did the Texans call "bust" on Moulden?

Clearly he is in someone's dog house. Last I heard I thought he was finally healthy but is now no where to be seen.

It's ok though, *IF* he is healthy there's no point in starting him. Clearly we have this situation under control and it will be solved "in house" anyway. ;)

NitroGSXR
10-18-2010, 11:51 PM
If you think Asomugha is available, let's keep spinning this thing.

We should make an offer for Revis as well.

This years 1st & 3rd, plus next years 2nd & 5th.

Come on Rick, get'R done

You have me confused with someone who has blind illusions of obtaining Asomugha. Even if he really is available (remember I said indirect report), this front office is just as plushy soft as our defense. No cojones.

Big Lou
10-18-2010, 11:59 PM
You have me confused with someone who has blind illusions of obtaining Asomugha. Even if he really is available (remember I said indirect report), this front office is just as plushy soft as our defense. No cojones.

Man don't ruin this fantasy for me. This is just like when I buy lottery tickets. I won't check them for like 2 weeks so that I can pretend that maybe I won and just don't know it yet!!!!!

beerlover
10-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Clearly he is in someone's dog house. Last I heard I thought he was finally healthy but is now no where to be seen.

It's ok though, *IF* he is healthy there's no point in starting him. Clearly we have this situation under control and it will be solved "in house" anyway. ;)

I beleive Kubiak stated he's finally been healthy the last three weeks & actually took some reps @ nickle this past Sunday. Sounds to me like they have not given up on him that he needs to continue to work hard & stay positive.

noxiousdog
10-19-2010, 12:15 AM

Working backwards
Saints: Patrick Robinson - Starting
Colts: Jerry Hughes - Bust?
Lions: Best - Starting
Jets: Kyle Wilson - Not starting, but nickle
Dolphins: Odrick - Starting before he cracked a fibula
Patriots: McCourty - Starting
Cardinals: Williams - Fat
Broncos: Tebow - WTF
Cowboys: Bryant - Starting... sorta? Either way, he's a player
Packers: Balaga - Starting
Bengals: Gresham - Starting
Texans: Jackson - Starting
Falcons: Weatherspoon - Started 3 games... injured.
Steelers: Pouncey - Starting
49ers: Iupati - Starting
Titans: Morgan - ACL tear. Wasn't starting
Giants: Pierre Paul - Not starting
Seahawks: Earl Thomas - Starting
Eagles: Graham - Started 4 of 6
Chargers: Matthews - Starting
49ers: Davis - Starting

I don't think anyone else qualifies as good.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Corrosion
10-19-2010, 12:20 AM

Melonheads annoying you TB ?

wagonhed
10-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Molden is the next Asomugha.

Blazin' Toro
10-19-2010, 12:34 AM

:hmmm:

GuerillaBlack
10-19-2010, 12:48 AM

I wish.

RagingBull
10-19-2010, 01:05 AM

[/B]

Careful there buddy, the internet police are gonna come knocking. Is that the black helicopters I hear?

midway
10-19-2010, 03:10 AM

I probably should have clarified that I was specifically referring to 1st and 2nd rounders.

TheCD
10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Is that the black helicopters I hear?

Not unless the Giants traded Sage to the Raiders and they cloned him...

Goatcheese
10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Not unless the Giants traded Sage to the Raiders and they cloned him...

Wh....

You....

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Funny thread

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Funny thread

Agreed and I mean that. I had a few laughs at looking back, I went friggin bananas over this "possibilty"....

I should have remembered just what team and FO we have.

Silly me to forget that. But at least I feel prepared now for the status quo to live on.......

cuppacoffee
10-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Man don't ruin this fantasy for me. This is just like when I buy lottery tickets. I won't check them for like 2 weeks so that I can pretend that maybe I won and just don't know it yet!!!!!

If I won, and didn't hide it, my boss would have it all spent in two weeks.

NitroGSXR
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM

You think Davis will buy that? Anybody?

Malloy
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
If I won, and didn't hide it, my boss would have it all spent in two weeks.

So your wife runs the economy at home, I see :)

Kulluminatii
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
You think Davis will buy that? Anybody?

Its possible...how fast does he run? :hmmm:

Only a few more hours to go until the deadline. Unfortunately I'll be at college and won't find out what, if anything, happened until 3-4 hours after its passed :(.

Ryan
10-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Only a few more hours to go until the deadline. Unfortunately I'll be at college and won't find out what, if anything, happened until 3-4 hours after its passed :(.

I doubt anything will happen :wadepalm:

VTexan
10-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Did anyone else think about the possibility of Johnson and Fitz on the same team? :D

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Did anyone else think about the possibility of Johnson and Fitz on the same team? :D

Huh...?

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 12:19 PM

Andre Johnson and Larry Fitgerald go deep at the same time. The combined pull of both of their massive "It" factors causes all the defensive backs on the field (even ours on the sideline) to fall down. It's so cool that they disrupt the gravity of the planet and on the other side of the world you get one of these

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/DivideByZero.jpg

The only DB left standing is Asomugha who doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Melonheads annoying you TB ?

Yes.... Well that, and the fact that I hate these kind of threads. They always turn out to be like masturbation - WITHOUT the payoff!!

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes.... Well that, and the fact that I hate these kind of threads. They always turn out to be like masturbation - WITHOUT the payoff!!

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM

The height of rejection is when your hand falls asleep! :headhurts:

Shaft75
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
:pissed::lol::wadepalm::chili:

hobie
10-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Speak for yourself !!

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Speak for yourself !!

:facepalm: How did I know Hobie :hobie: would show up!! :wadepalm:

hobie
10-19-2010, 12:37 PM
:facepalm: How did I know :hobie: would show up!! :wadepalm:

:peek: HI TB!

Ryan
10-19-2010, 12:37 PM
:wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm:

Shaft75
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM
:wadepalm: Asomugha :wadepalm: Haynesworth :wadepalm: Fitzgerald :wadepalm: Seymour :wadepalm: Oh My!

Fixed

Kulluminatii
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM

:spit:

Oh man, that is soo going in my sig.

wagonhed
10-19-2010, 12:41 PM

lol. Molden ran a 4.37 and had the most reps of any DB with 23.

Shaft75
10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Does anyone here honestly think that we're going to make a big move today? Everyone is out of town this week. You know the front office is in Maui or something.

Kulluminatii
10-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Andre Johnson and Larry Fitgerald go deep at the same time. The combined pull of both of their massive "It" factors causes all the defensive backs on the field (even ours on the sideline) to fall down. It's so cool that they disrupt the gravity of the planet and on the other side of the world you get one of these

The only DB left standing is Asomugha who doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.

Not that it would matter, one of those two who isn't covered by Aso will have a damn good game.

Even better....imagine a team with Andre & Fitz vs a team with Nnamdi & Revis...

I imagine this (http://meteoryty.pg.gda.pl/rozne/hihi/!Nowe12/HeadExplode.gif) (obviously fake but NSFW nonetheless) would happen to anybody who watched that game.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Or, you could just pretend it's someone else's hand?

Malloy
10-19-2010, 12:48 PM

We have a winner! :)

Mr. White
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
This thread reminds me of what my dad used to tell me when I was a kid....

"You can wish in one hand and shit in the other one and see which one fills up faster."

Malloy
10-19-2010, 12:51 PM

"You can wish in one hand and shit in the other one and see which one fills up faster."

I'm curious, did you ever attempt this? :)

Corrosion
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Does anyone here honestly think that we're going to make a big move today? Everyone is out of town this week. You know the front office is in Maui or something.

Its playoffs or bust for this team and especially the coaching staff. Kubiak is probably coaching for his job ....

They have three glaring weaknesses on defense , the obvious two are MLB and Anyone who can cover ..... Rackers you ready to try your luck at CB ?

The third is a DT who can collapse the pocket. That buys the DE's more time since the QB cant step up as well as buying them more time since they are less likely to be washed by the back side.

Fix any two of those three and they have to be considered contenders. Fix none and they may not even make the playoffs.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
FWIW, this thread is now worthy

We've got non-orgasmic masterbation, shittin in hands and hobies sausage. What more could you ask for?

Mr. White
10-19-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm curious, did you ever attempt this? :)

No, I was hard-headed, but I didn't feel the need to learn for myself on that one.

Shaft75
Or, you could just pretend it's someone else's hand?

Use the flip grip!

BigBull17

...if he is a hostage, how can he negotiate a trade...?

lol. Molden ran a 4.37 and had the most reps of any DB with 23.

Too bad thats more reps than he has played plays at CB.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Use the flip grip!

We could get one of these for practice

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/04/17/shake-weight-for-men.jpg

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
We could get one of these for practice

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/04/17/shake-weight-for-men.jpg

can you imagine how much gay porn that guy had to do just to get that gig?

Norg
10-19-2010, 01:43 PM
i think kubes hinted on monday that getting ASo was not going to happen

OzzO
10-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Well see, we'd look at all wishes and see if those wishes can help us - but we'll just move forward with the shit we already have in the hand.

BIG TORO
10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
i think kubes hinted on monday that getting ASo was not going to happen

Yea I cant remember how he he put it but it was to the effect that we were not going after any big name vets.

Gymrat2005
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
For the Love of God. Give them Slaton and Molden and a 1st and get us Asomugha.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 02:21 PM
can you imagine how much gay porn that guy had to do just to get that gig?

Umm, no, I'd rather not

BTW, that's got to be the dumbest invention I've ever seen. Sure, shake the shit out of yourself and you're guaranteed to gain muscle.

Reminds me of this old scam

http://funandfit.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/3k73m03oe5O45V25R6a7s15dd916ac18a1faf.jpg

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
For the Love of God. Give them Slaton and Molden and a 1st and get us Asomugha.

Unfortunately even Al Davis is not that stupid. He loves speed on offense so we'd probably have to give him Slaton, a 1st and Jacoby. Maybe even more than that.

Malloy
10-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Umm, no, I'd rather not

BTW, that's got to be the dumbest invention I've ever seen. Sure, shake the shit out of yourself and you're guaranteed to gain muscle.

http://funandfit.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/3k73m03oe5O45V25R6a7s15dd916ac18a1faf.jpg

Yeah... but if you turn around...

see? :)

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Yeah... but if you turn around...

see? :)

Aaaaaah......:drool:

Andrew6
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Funny shake weight commerical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ptOv1mGm8

JB
10-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Funny shake weight commerical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ptOv1mGm8

:lol: Very funny and very NSFW

Malloy
10-19-2010, 03:21 PM
I absolutely love how we derailed this thread :)

hobie
10-19-2010, 03:24 PM

We are professionals... this is what we do !! :tiphat:

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 03:31 PM

We are professionals... this is what we do !! :tiphat:

Yes, and this thread deserved a severe derailment

Goatcheese
10-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Umm, no, I'd rather not

The shakeweight looks retarded but I tried out a friend's for a few minutes and it's not a terrible workout. Doing it for 3 minutes left me winded with my arms burning. It just looked too gei for me to actually do it regularly.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 03:55 PM
The shakeweight looks retarded but I tried out a friend's for a few minutes and it's not a terrible workout. Doing it for 3 minutes left me winded with my arms burning. It just looked too gei for me to actually do it regularly.

Your supposed to do it when no one is around.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM

And naked....:photos:

HJam72
10-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Goatcheese just whips it out in front of everybody. :cool:

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 04:06 PM

:facepalm: Goatcheese!

Goatcheese
10-19-2010, 04:09 PM

If you've got it flaunt it. :texflag:

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/shake_weight.jpg

Shaft75
10-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Lock this puppy up.

Texanmike02
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Lock this puppy up.

Why? The trade deadline has passed and Aso is still on the radar. In fact there is a better chance of us trying to work a deal for him now (so we can say we tried) than there was 3 1/2 hours ago.

I don't know if you know this but we've cut a LB today. Obviously we did that at 3:03pm expecting to be able to trade a 3rd and a 1st to get Aso.

Ok. In all honesty, everyone said we did too much with Matt (btw where is that crowd? They scattered faster than a chiefs fan with 28 seconds left in the game). Its not that this team won't make deals.. I'd have been willing to do anything but maybe this FO knows something we dont.

Mike

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:37 PM
We cut a LB today? :confused:

Did he whip it out in front of everybody? (always got multiple discussions going on in same thread)

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 08:53 PM
If you've got it flaunt it. :texflag:

Flaunt?? As in Full Throttle Flaunt??

http://www.fmchicago.com/wp-content/uploads/news-throttleflaunt.jpg

:D

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Funny how this thread has all the fans talking about whacking off.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Funny how this thread has all the fans talking about whacking off.

Sadly................. "without the payoff!"

PapaL
10-19-2010, 09:05 PM

I bet you also tried this:

http://honestinfomercialreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/shake_weight_for_men.jpg

VTexan
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
It must really work........

http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/shake-weight.jpg