hot pickle
10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsnaGzVWCg&feature=related

cdollaz
10-17-2010, 08:53 PM
No.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 08:55 PM
That clip was from 2007, was that the last intercept he had for the team?

hot pickle
10-17-2010, 08:56 PM
still better then any corner we have now IMO

Carr Bombed
10-17-2010, 08:59 PM

Umm.......

HELL NO!

Our defense is bad.....horrifically bad and there's still not a part of me that remotely misses Dunta Robinson, because frankly while I think he would help... I don't think he'd improve things that much and with that kind of contract, I sure as hell don't want him. That guy will never live up to that ridiculous contract and BTW...Didn't Dunta knock himself out of the game today?

jaayteetx
nope

cdollaz
Yeah, and leprosy is better than getting shot in the face.

PockyAF
10-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Apparently, he's going by "Crisp" Robinson in ATL now. I'm sure you can figure out why
that's his nick on your own.

TEXANRED
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
That was from the 2nd game in the 2007 season.

That was also the last INT he had for us.

So no, I don't.

We have can finish dead last in defense with or without him.

Norg
10-17-2010, 09:06 PM
How is he doing in ATL i heard his new name is D-Crisp is he even the starter there anymore ???? ATL lost by the way

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
That was from the 2nd game in the 2007 season.

That was also the last INT he had for us.

So no, I don't.

We have can finish dead last in defense with or without him.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE I was mocking him by suggesting that was his last pick for us....

Uh, no still not missing him.

TEXANRED
10-17-2010, 09:10 PM
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE I was mocking him by suggesting that was his last pick for us....

Uh, no still not missing him.

Hey pretty funny. Same thought. Probably not far from the truth

TheIronDuke
10-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Retarded thread.

gtexan02
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
atlanta gave up 474 yards to the Eagles. We play them later in the season. We'll see how we do by comparison.

Duntas best play of the year resulted in a penalty for a free 1st down on 3rd and 6. Oops

burro
10-17-2010, 09:19 PM
:roflcopter:

no.

b0ng
10-17-2010, 09:19 PM
How is he doing in ATL i heard his new name is D-Crisp is he even the starter there anymore ???? ATL lost by the way

He's been veeeeeeery mediocre.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Dunta is getting paid more than our whole secondary rotation put together?

Would I be far off?

PockyAF
10-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I miss that other '04 first round pick more than Crispy.

Could really use him to boost our maculated defensive line.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/33151/texans2_medium.jpg

THE DOJO IS MISSED.

Norg
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I miss me some

Aaron Glenn

and Trent green killa T-Jack

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/Travis-Johnson_Military-Appreciation-Day_August-2010.jpg/250px-Travis-Johnson_Military-Appreciation-Day_August-2010.jpg

Mr. White
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
All the D-Rob hate is more about the shoes than it is his play.

He wasn't Rod Woodson or Deion Sanders, but I'd take him and Reeves in a heartbeat over what we have now.

They can still fix one of those problems.

Norg
10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Jackson & GQ are getting better IMO

Brisco_County
10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Hay guys are we talkin bout duntay? :francis:

Norg
10-17-2010, 09:41 PM
lets talk about Aron GLenn and on how he should come out of retirement to Save us

Pantherstang84
10-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Let me see do I miss "Pay me Rick!"? Ummmmm. Welllll. Uhhhhhh. No.

Kimmy
10-17-2010, 10:29 PM
After watching the dirty hit he put on Desean Jackson today ... absolutely not!

I'm all for blocking, but this is getting out of hand. Dunta will be fined big time for this.

Severe Concussion (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b61df2/article/jackson-suffers-severe-concussion-in-collision-with-robinson?module=HP_headlines)

BSofA04
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Almost negative rep worthy...

hradhak
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I hope they suspend Dunta for the hit. A $5,000 fine is chump change. And it's probably worth it to make people think you're some scary mofo.

They need to start suspending players for cheap shots to the head.

hot pickle
10-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Almost negative rep worthy...

hey now i just wanted to see what everyones reaction would be to it lol no need for negative rep :tiphat:

imatexan
10-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Anyone who does not miss his play ability over the terrible CB's we have now are delusional.

Of course I would rather have DR but it just wasn't going to happen so I accepted that and moved on.

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM

Ummmm...... NO!!

Thanks for playing.

noxiousdog
10-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I hope they suspend Dunta for the hit. A $5,000 fine is chump change. And it's probably worth it to make people think you're some scary mofo.

Rodney Harrison (the Chief of Cheapshot) said exactly that. He didn't get the message until he was suspended.

Goatcheese
10-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Wow, when Texans fans decide they're going to hate somebody (no matter how stupid the reason) they really put their whole heart (but sadly none of their brain) into it.

TEXANRED
10-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Wow, when Texans fans decide they're going to hate somebody (no matter how stupid the reason) they really put their whole heart (but sadly none of their brain) into it.

what has DRob ever done for us? Never has our defense been good with or without him.

DRob is a SS playing CB. I weep for him.

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 11:37 PM
I checked my clock and 40 minutes later.... :thinking: NO!!!

Goatcheese
10-17-2010, 11:44 PM
what has DRob ever done for us? Never has our defense been good with or without him.

DRob is a SS playing CB. I weep for him.

He was a quality #1 corner for us last year, and contained the opponents #1 receiver for most of the season.

He was 13th in the NFL for yards allowed per play in coverage, and had the 7th lowest yards per reception last year. We don't have anyone better than 100th.

You are brain damaged if you think he was never a contributor to this team. He was never great, but he played with a lot of heart when everyone else on the team(even the coachs) flat out QUIT.

Kimmy
10-17-2010, 11:47 PM

Maybe Roger Goodell will say, "Pay me Dunta!"

Pantherstang84
10-17-2010, 11:50 PM
He was a quality #1 corner for us last year, and contained the opponents #1 receiver for most of the season.

He was 13th in the NFL for yards allowed per play in coverage, and had the 7th lowest yards per reception last year. We don't have anyone better than 100th.

You are brain damaged if you think he was never a contributor to this team. He was never great, but he played with a lot of heart when everyone else on the team(even the coachs) flat out QUIT.

Seriously dude. Put the crack pipe down. He was not a quality corner last year. Are you freaking kidding? I know you are president of the Happy Sunshine Club but come on man!

Goatcheese
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Seriously dude. Put the crack pipe down. He was not a quality corner last year. Are you freaking kidding? I know you are president of the Happy Sunshine Club but come on man!

"Nuh-uh!"

Nice well thought out and supported argument there. :rolleyes:

You've convinced me despite thorough film review and statistical analysis that Robinson is terrible. How could I ever have been so wrong?

Thank you for your epic wisdom and football knowledge.

I normally wouldn't think it was necessary but you don't come across as very sharp... so: :sarcasm:

Pantherstang84
10-17-2010, 11:58 PM
LOL back at ya Bub. A YouTube clip of one interception will not convince me he was a quality corner last year either. Pass the pipe. I want some of what you are on.

Dallas_Texan
10-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Stats are easy to find, and anything you find will show Drob was ridiculously better than anyone we have now at CB. Do we miss him, maybe not because he was cocky, but would we be better with him right now? Don't be ignorant, of course we would. We are HORRIBLE in our secondary. Jackson will be good in a few years, but not now.

JB
10-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Bwaahahaha!!!!

MEGA SWATT
10-18-2010, 12:21 AM
No

Norg
10-18-2010, 12:35 AM
thats the one thing tho i liked about DUnta he was a hard hitter

i liked dunta but his price tag was to much for this team IMO

Deep down inside all of u had a soft spot for dunta because i remember that reception he got when he came back from injury it was loud

Carr Bombed
10-18-2010, 12:49 AM

Glover Quinn was a better corner last year and regardless who's better this season...the price tag isn't worth it.

Dunta is NOT a quality #1 corner on a contending team....he's a solid #2. The guy does not shut receivers down and he doesn't make plays on the ball.....he holds the fort down, he's a quality #2 guy on a good defense and he's not worth the jack he got paid, end of story.

My comments have NOTHING to do with the "pay me Rick" crap, didn't really care about that.....it has to do with the fact that you don't make just a "solid" corner one of the highest paid players at his position and if anybody thinks Dunta would drastically change the results of this defense, than they are "brain damaged". Yes we would be better, but not that much better.....and we would be paying a average to slightly about average corner at best franchise type money, which would only hinder our future contract negotiations and cap flexibility. Not resigning Dunta to that bloated contract is one of the few correct decisions that we did make regarding the secondary. Thinking that Kareem Jackson was the most "pro ready" corner in the draft was a poor decision, but that has NOTHING to do with Dunta....signing him to that amount of cash would only add to the poor decisions made regarding this secondary.

What this thread should say is "Why the hell did we release a affordable vet like Reeves when we had nothing, but noobs at the positions"? Dunta is nothing, but a bad signing at that price and I'm glad we didn't pull the trigger.

imatexan
10-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Glover Quinn was a better corner last year and regardless who's better this season...the price tag isn't worth it.

Dunta is NOT a quality #1 corner on a contending team....he's a solid #2. The guy does not shut receivers down and he doesn't make plays on the ball.....he holds the fort down, he's a quality #2 guy on a good defense and he's not worth the jack he got paid end of story.

My comments have NOTHING to do with the "pay me Rick" crap, didn't really care about that.....it has to do with the fact that you don't make just a "solid" corner one of the highest paid players at his position and if anybody thinks Dunta would drastically change the results of this defense, than they are "brain damaged". Yes we would be better, but not that much better.....and we would paying a average/slightly about average corner at best franchise money, which would only hinder our future contract negotiations and cap flexibility. Not resigning Dunta to that bloated contract is one of the few correct decisions that we did make regarding the secondary. Thinking that Kareem Jackson was the most "pro ready" corner in the draft was a poor decision, but that has NOTHING to do with Dunta....signing him to that amount of cash would only add to the poor decisions made regarding this secondary.

What this thread should say is "Why the hell did we release a affordable vet like Reeves when we had nothing, but noobs at the positions"? Dunta is nothing, but a bad signing at that price and I'm glad we didn't pull the trigger.

I am with you, for that price and situation I did not want him.

I am not going to pretend that he would not be an improvement to the CB's we have on the field rite now though.

What is Reeves doing now anyways?
I wish we would have kept him around.

SteveSlaton20
10-18-2010, 02:17 AM
i like how the next suggestion is titled ''worst cornerback ever''

and no.

awtysst
10-18-2010, 09:08 AM

After what he did yesterday, absolutely not. We do not need dirty players on this team. I would not be surprised to see a heavy fine and possible suspension laid on his feet.

nero THE zero
10-18-2010, 09:24 AM
There's really no question that Dunta would make this team better if he was on it now. So, if you're looking at the situation in a vacuum, obviously it was a mistake to let him go.

Unfortunately, we do not exist in a vacuum. There are numerous peripheral factors that go into such a decision such as budget and chemistry. Not only were Dunta's antics divisive, but his patience was reportedly very short with this team due to his tenure during our worst seasons (remember the infamous and "anonymous," "Here we go again player(s)"). But, most importantly, Dunta was simply too expensive for our team. When faced with the option of paying Dunta $60M to perform as a mediocre (and that's generous) CB1 versus drafting a handful of guys and hoping one sticks, we obviously made the right choice.

For me, the question isn't should we have re-signed Dunta; it is, should we have released Reeves. I suppose I like him more than people who know football, because he's still out there on the street. But, you're not going to convince me that his veteran presence wouldn't help this team right now. There were also other veteran options available by trade or FA.

So, it's not that we didn't re-sign Dunta that was our downfall, rather that we didn't make any veteran additions at the position.

HuttoKarl
10-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Yay! Robinson speared a guy with his helmet and injured himself and the player in the process. Whoop de doo! I sure wish we spent QB money on that no-cover clown with a huge ego.

Screw him.

thegr8fan
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
and I thought this was going to be a Carr thread. :cool:

and my answer to both him and Dunta is NO. In big fat capital letters.

drewmar74
10-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I miss Dunta and his "pay me rick" attitude about as much as I miss having the flu. Or crabs. Or athlete's foot.

So I guess the answer is "no." I don't miss him.

I miss Reeves. But not Dunta.

Ole Miss Texan
10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Stats can be deceiving. I'm a huge stats guy, love 'em.... but you have to take them with a grain of salt and are completely meaningless if taken out of context.

With that said, through 6 games in his rookie season, Kareem Jackson has more interceptions than Dunta Robinson has in his last 25 games. But that's because DR is a lockdown cornerback right and nobody throws to him?

I have mixed emotions about Dunta. I think he's really getting a bad rap from us Texans fans. Partly deserved but to be honest a little unfair. His whole "pay me rick" is what pissed the fanbase off. That kind of surprises me because so many people on here (true die hard texans fans) couldn't care less about McNair's money. Everyone is guilty of it, they just want to throw money at a problem and get Player X and over pay for him thinking he's the best option. Dunta, a historically loyal, Texan who put his body on the line for us year after year wants to get paid, it's his chance to finally make that paycheck for his family and hopefully have a home grounded in one place for the rest of his career. I was upset the way he made it public, in hindsight I bet he wishes he didn't do that... but he's not a bad person. I've moved on, I hope most of us fans can too one day.

Would I like Dunta on this team RIGHT NOW? Truth be told, yes. I think he would make this secondary and defense in general better than it is right now. However, I look at the NFL for what it is and realize if I were in the drivers seat, he wouldn't be on this team. It has nothing to do with his shoes. The NFL is an entertainment business. The way I'd run the show is very similar to how McNair/Kubiak/Smith run it and that's why I'm supportive of them. Dunta is getting extremely overpaid for what he's worth. So yes he'd make this team better but we'd be paying exponentially more for that "upgrade" than the marginal production we'd receive and in a ROI world, that doesn't cut it. I don't think Dunta automatically makes this a Championship team. A player that would... then let's talk about paying him... ANDRE JOHNSON.

TEXANRED
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM

Guess I am brain damaged then. DRob was an average at best CB who had some hard hit high light real material. He also had a fan base that would not see the truth, like Reeves was our best CB last year.

Maybe DRob could have been something special before the injury. He had a pretty good rookie season, subpar 2nd season, hurt the 3rd season, missed most of the 4th, and stank in his fifth and is getting beat badly in Atlanta for his 6th.