PDA

View Full Version : Good game guys.

GoChiefs
10-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss. Yes, they blew that PI call horribly.

But the Chiefs didn't lose the game because of one play. They lost because their defense completely collapsed and Matt Cassel is a choke artist who can't even throw a catchable ball with the game on the line.

Kudos to the Texans. Wish we had a QB like yours.

CretorFrigg
10-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Playing against the Texans' defense, Matt Cassel sure looked like Peyton Manning out there.

Good game.

jaayteetx
10-17-2010, 03:19 PM
We've had our share of bad calls last couple weeks, thanks for showing up, good luck rest of the way.

cdollaz
10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Even if the ref didn't make the call, Andre still caught the ball, so it didn't cost the Chiefs any yards. It WAS NOT offensive PI, either. It should have been a no-call.

Allstar
10-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Very frustrating games for both teams, I'm ecstatic about the win, but this defense, especially without Demeco, is just not going to let us win enough games.

LikeMike
10-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss. Yes, they blew that PI call horribly.

I agree, that wasn`t PI... but AJ caught it, and that very little push off after Flowers made contact ain`t PI either, so the play didn`t affect the outcome of the game.

But kudos to the Chiefs as well - you guys are doing pretty much everything right. Just need a few more pieces and you`ll be a contender.

qman_tx
10-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Good game GoChiefs, those three running backs yall have are a force!!!

Thorn
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Very frustrating games for both teams, I'm ecstatic about the win, but this defense, especially without Demeco, is just not going to let us win enough games.

Yep. Unless they do some fancy trading here real quick, I see a lot of scoring being done on both sides of the ball all season. Teams like that can make the playoffs, but rarely make it to the Super Bowl.

headsplint
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Even if the ref didn't make the call, Andre still caught the ball, so it didn't cost the Chiefs any yards. It WAS NOT offensive PI, either. It should have been a no-call.

This Exactly! The announcers were hyping it up.

Lucky
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't think you should get down on Cassel or any Chief. They played hard and smart. The Chiefs will win their division if they play that hard every week. I like what they're doing.

Schaub. AJ. OD. Arian. Sometimes talent just wins out.

ziggy29
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
From what I've seen early in this season, I think KC may be the team to beat in that division. The Chargers look like garbage so far.

Allstar
10-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I really like the Chiefs, they are well-coached overachievers. It's not a coincidence that every game they have, it seems like both teams are having a bad day. They are just a pesky bunch that make you play out of your element. When the talent is upgraded for them in the next couple of years, no one is going to want to play them. Hell, they just might do something this year.

Jackie Chiles
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM

Agreed, if that was offensive PI its going to have to get called a whole lot more because it looked pretty routine to me. No way was it defensive PI though, if Andre doesn't make that catch its a game changing call. But he did.

TheIronDuke
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Y'all looked really good. The only person more disappointed about the outcome of this game besides Chiefs fan is Steve Tasker. The PI call was not a back-breaker and had no impact on the game as it was just a regular old catch.

Fox
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Chiefs are a hell of a team that should compete every week and win more than they lose this year. Was a fun game to watch all the way to the end.

Hookem Horns
10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
The worst PI call was on the opening drive when the Texans stopped the Chiefs on that 4th down. That was just a great play not PI.

Kudos to the Chiefs though. At least you guys appear to have a solid coaching staff. We don't.

jaayteetx
10-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Y'all looked really good. The only person more disappointed about the outcome of this game besides Chiefs fan is Steve Tasker. The PI call was not a back-breaker and had no impact on the game as it was just a regular old catch.

that guy was f'ing things up all day, he blows worse than the texans D!

JB
10-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Chiefs are a hell of a team that should compete every week and win more than they lose this year. Was a fun game to watch all the way to the end.

Yeah, except for the 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes, I had a grand old time!

Heading to the drunk thread now.

TheIronDuke
10-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Also, if we're talking about refs, that "catch" at the half was obviously trapping.

Oh, and Tasker is a giant douchey windbag.

GoChiefs
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
There was 0 evidence that he trapped the ball.

As far as the call on Flowers, it was clearly on AJ. He shoved Flowers away. I mean, it was obvious.

If you want to call it a no call, that's fine I guess. But to call it on Flowers? Highway robbery.

FR0497
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Great game. You guys have a heck of a running back trio. Favorites to win the West imo.

nero THE zero
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
This was my least enjoyable Gus Johnson experience to date.

Fox
10-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah, except for the 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes, I had a grand old time!

Heading to the drunk thread now.

I'd much prefer a close win going blow for blow down the stretch than a blow out, heart attacks be damned. ;)

As for the call on Flowers, nobody would have thought twice about it if he hadn't thrown his arms in the air and given up on the play after AJ gave him a routine nudge. Shouldn't have been called PI either way, but it's a moot point in my mind as AJ brought it down for a catch.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 03:45 PM

As far as the call on Flowers, it was clearly on AJ. He shoved Flowers away. I mean, it was obvious.

If you want to call it a no call, that's fine I guess. But to call it on Flowers? Highway robbery.

How is it highway robbery? That penalty resulted in zero yards against the Chiefs. It was declined.

The Cush
10-17-2010, 03:48 PM
How is it highway robbery? That penalty resulted in zero yards against the Chiefs. It was declined.

Don't tell that to Steve Tasker who's probably preparing to jump off a bridge somewhere while still yelling how Brandon Flowers will be losing sleep over that

GoChiefs
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM

OK, I see what you're saying.

Still, AJ doesn't catch that ball if he doesn't shove Flowers.

TheIronDuke
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM

Yeah, it's all they're talking about on the Chiefs board. Not sure what the big deal is, it was a catch plain and simple, the penalty was declined. No more controversial than the "catch" at the half that was upheld even though the video shows the ball clearly hitting the ground.

fiasco west
10-17-2010, 03:56 PM
The worst PI call was on the opening drive when the Texans stopped the Chiefs on that 4th down. That was just a great play not PI.

Kudos to the Chiefs though. At least you guys appear to have a solid coaching staff. We don't.

Thank you. Kareem finally makes a good play and is penalized for it. I don't see how they called PI on that when he was actually in front of his man.

b0ng
10-17-2010, 04:15 PM

I've watched the dvr and all I see is AJ with a forearm in the back and I don't see this huge glaring push-offs that the chief fans claim took place. Maybe one of the Texans brethern can set me straight because I'm not seeing anything that doesn't happen on a lot of pass plays. I figured the flag, being on either player, was ticky-tack at best.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM

1.) AJ makes some pretty incredible catches, so maybe you ought to back off that statement that he wouldn't catch it.

2.) AJ wouldn't have been hand-fighting with him if Flowers hadn't been starting it just a few yards prior. Hand-fighting happens on both sides of the ball, and Flowers got away with it on that play as well.

It should have simply been a no-call. And it would have had the exact same impact on the game.

MEGA SWATT
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM

AJ is going to get the super star benefit. Are you surprised? Flowers has a mouth btw, he needs to find some class. He would make a great flopper in the NBA too--way to oversell the "push-off".

ziggy29
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Flowers has a mouth btw, he needs to find some class.
Even if he had reason to be upset about the call being *on him* when he clearly didn't interfere, he's really lucky he didn't cost the Chiefs 15 yards in their final possession. I suspect the official may have given him more rope than usual because the PI call was horsepuckey.

Scooter
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
color me impressed, the chiefs may not be there this season (though with the chargers decline they might be), but if you can hold onto that coaching staff yall have the makings of a real powerhouse to retake the west. i was simply amazed that romeo and weis were back together and if that continues will be huge. both lines, a pair of great backs, insane speed, and some critical players are already cornerstones (i'll never get over passing up derrick johnson) - yall have an amazing core. good game gochiefs.

as for the hot topic, that "pass interferance" as others have said is a no call. andre didnt extend his arm or make any more than natural contact, and if anything flowers should've been called for holding or contact after 5yds (which would be nit-picking at most). regardless, should've been a no call and didnt affect the outcome.

wagonhed
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
After some of last years games, for Texans fans the bar has been significantly raised for when you can blame the refs on a loss. This game falls far, far short of that bar.

Anyway, great game guys.

hradhak
10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
That was a good game. I hope you are able to hang around GoChiefs. I thought the officiating was pretty awful throughout the game. It's pretty sad that that's what we're talking about after a great game by both teams.

Showtime100
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM

I never bothered to find out, but THAT'S who that was. Shoulda known. He was about as bad as it gets from the opening kickoff to ten minutes after three.

I particularly enjoyed him during the Chiefs final drive. At 35-31 he said something like "and the Chiefs only need to get to about the 35 for a FG opportunity." He realized a moment later that would help nothing and sounded like he's actually didn't know the Chiefs needed a TD!

Too many annoying comments to name them all, but that was classic. A definite Pam Ward Award Nominee.

NitroGSXR
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Thank you. Kareem finally makes a good play and is penalized for it. I don't see how they called PI on that when he was actually in front of his man.
Lets not short KJ here. I agree that it was a great play but he wasn't in front of his man. He reached around. I didn't think it was a PI. Superb play by Jackson really. Bogus call? Don't think so but it was close enough that's for sure.

I'm not happy but not all that mad at the ref either.

TimeKiller
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
The Flowers call wasn't any worse than the Jackson call ON 4th DOWN. Changed the game from the very beginning.

Cheifs have an impressive ground game. McCluster/Charles/Jones and Arenas on special teams all those dudes can straight up fly. Cassel doesn't seem like a terrible QB, just looks like he needs a better target to throw to besides Bowe. The D needs a little help but there's a lot of young talent underneath a proven DC. Gonna be a good team for a while.

Rey
10-17-2010, 06:15 PM

But the Chiefs didn't lose the game because of one play. They lost because their defense completely collapsed and Matt Cassel is a choke artist who can't even throw a catchable ball with the game on the line.

Good game by both teams. You guys have a lot of young talent are are only going to get better.

On that PI call, Andre was on the radio afterward and he admitted to giving the defender an elbow in the back. But he said that the defenders were bumping them down field all day and earlier in the route the defender was bumping him after the five yard window.

Either way though he caught the ball, so I felt like they could have just left it alone.

Rey
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Lets not short KJ here. I agree that it was a great play but he wasn't in front of his man. He reached around. I didn't think it was a PI. Superb play by Jackson really. Bogus call? Don't think so but it was close enough that's for sure.

On short slant routes like that the defender is rarely going to be in front of the WR...

He played that almost exactly how he was supposed to...

He shouldn't have put his other arm around the receiver, but he played it how every corner plays it. I've seen the refs let that call go.

I couldn't tell how much contact he made with his left arm, but it didn't seem like enough to really affect the receiver there.

fiasco west
10-17-2010, 06:29 PM

Okay I was exaggerating with the in front of his guy, but he definitely was not behind his guy enough for them to say he wrapped around his guy.

I think Kareem played that perfectly, his other hand may have been on the WR but he's played that ball so well the WR had no shot at catching it. I wish we'd see it again since it was only shown once.

But with how the game was called, Flowers could have had two PI calls on Johnson and they let him get away with one blatant PI. The Refs were just really inconsistent all game long.

Giant Tiger
10-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I've watched the dvr and all I see is AJ with a forearm in the back and I don't see this huge glaring push-offs that the chief fans claim took place. Maybe one of the Texans brethern can set me straight because I'm not seeing anything that doesn't happen on a lot of pass plays. I figured the flag, being on either player, was ticky-tack at best.

Agreed; our secondary has gone through this quite a bit over the years against the Colts.

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Andre> Pidgeon > Chuck Norris